Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Janesville 3 stars

616 Midland Road, Janesville, WI 53546, USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Janesville

The hotel staff were very kind and helpful

Cigarette smell in the lobby, does not give you a very good first impression

Eggs and bacon were individual wrap in sandwich bags to avoid waste. You are to heat up your bacon on a foam plate in the microwave which melts thorough to the foam plate... Lobby smelled like cigarettes. Staff appearances were very poor but they very kind and helpful. Cardio equipment can use some updating or maintenance.

Won't ever stay at one again!

The whole place need to be updated! The one in our town is new and updated The beds were very uncomfortable. The jacuzzi was broke....my mom and i were looking forward to using it. We were disappointed. 😣

The breakfast was very good. It was stocked and clean and the lady who worked in there was named Linda. She was the nicest part of the whole stay. Very friendly and helpful.

Hotel needs a lot of TLC/updating! Would not recommend (or stay again @) this hotel.

The door to our rm did not close all the way without being pushed/pulled. The lamps in our rm only had 1 lightbulb each, so there was an empty/open socket. Shower curtain did not close @ either end. Drink vending machine on the 3rd floor was out-of-order all wkend. "Hot" food was precooked, kept in the fridge & had to be heated in the microwave - nothing was hot & fresh. Coffee was bland. The price of the rm was way too high for the quality of the hotel!

Rm had a microwave & mini fridge. OJ was good.

Poor condition hotel. Run down and holes in the carpet.

Hotel was old and in poor condition. Rooms were in poor condition and bathroom water closet was very poor. I will not stay there again.

Breakfast was ok.

I would recommend this place to others.

Everything about the place was actually fine.

Did not use WiFi. Clean room,comfortable beds, easy to book. The place was pretty full due to inclement weather but was still quiet. Good breakfast with hot choices.

Easy access to the locations where I was going your staff...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn't have one complaint about your property

Easy access to the locations where I was going your staff was always friendly and courteous and making sure we were okay

Quiet. Liked the pool. Dirty rooms and cigarette smell
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Got a king suite. Tv could not be seen from sofa. I think the tv was meant to be pulled out and to swivel, but did not work. Ended up moving sofa only to find crumbs, cereal,crayons and a sock underneath. Pulled out sofa bed and mattress pad was dirty. It was actually pretty gross. Only 4 jets worked in the hot tub. At breakfast I heard an elderly lady ask how to heat her sausage and the girl told her "it says right there on the microwave". As soon as you walk in all you smell is cigarette smoke. My 11 year old nephew told me we need to find a different place to go.

Pool was a good temperature. Bed was comfortable

It's a good place to stay if it was only $50. Not worth close to $100.

Leaky faucet in the bathroom, we had to close the door to deafen it. We told staff at checkout and they didn't seem to care.

The pool room was nice and warm given the below zero temp outside.

Comfortable, relaxing and friendly atmostphere. Feels like home.

I was happy and content. We wished we had more time except we left a day early because of the snow storm projected our way on our trip back to Washington DC.

The wifi worked great. The breakfast is excellent which include omette, eggs, meat, waffles, cerial, fruits, bagel, sweet rolls, juice and coffee. Cold and hot cereal is also available, we enjoyed the breakfast. The room was very clean, quite, and bed and pillows are comfortable. I will stay there again. Staff are superb and we enjoyed our stay.

Not much to say, nothing extraordinary a bed and a room to sleep in

The faucet in the tub bathroom was frozen off and very very hard to turn. Thinking someone else had a problem before us and they were really strong, and really tightened it.

No comment

Awful!!

The room was dirty and the bed was awful not comfortable at all. Woke up at 4am by a loud noise that sounded like someone dropping a weight on floor. The hotel smelled like cigarette butts outside and inside...we switched to Holiday Inn Express and it was like night and day.

Nothing it smelled like smoke when walking into building!

Woudn't go back.A little further 90W there were many other better hotels to check out.

It was basically in disrepair. Very disappointing. The toilet ran all night and the water level in the toilet was so high I thought it would touch my bottom. Told the front desk and they did nothing about it. There was no card showing the tv guide and half the channels didn't work. Had a fruit fly in the room. The floor looked like it needed a deep vacuuming or cleaning. We stayed at 6 hotels across the country in the last two weeks and this was by far the dumpiest and least clean place we stayed at. Very disappointing. I will say the front desk person who checked us in was very friendly.

The bed and pillows were comfy

AVOID

We had two handicapped people one in a wheel chair. We said we had to have a handicapped room, because of this. We checked in and then found out it was a regular room called the front desk and was told that handicapped rooms only have one bed? Two pop machines out of order, ice machine broken, carpet in room very worn, sheets and towels with stains, AC made loud noises all night. Others were also complaining. As handicapped guests we could not shower or go to the bathroom. Upon check out I explained this again to the front desk and wrote it in my bill. The man informed me well you used the book it service and they tell everyone we have handicapped rooms. I said this is an ADA issue he did not care. I let him know I would be disputing the charges and turning this over to the ADA. He offered NO solution again other than blame it in YOUR company.

Not much

Disappointing not what it once WAS

Even though it's hard to keep up with people in this facility moving from pool to room without towels, Even the common areas where not kept up very well

I did not know this place was pet friendly. The standard of upkeep was very poor.

Mostly good news!

I left my jacket hanging in the room. When I called to arrange to retrieve it, I was told nothing had been found! So it was Christmas in July for some staff member there.

The room was not fancy, but it was clean! The free breakfast was good!

Doable but never again. Which is sad , cause we come often to visit our daughter and her family.

See above

The eggs and sausage were frozen and wrapped in plastic. The hot tub and pool is in extreme need of paint, the chairs in pool area look like they should be at Super 8 or a dive. The bathroom in our room barely had room to turn around in, toilet was so low , it was ridiculous.

There was a very unpleasant odor in the hallway and room.

There was a very unpleasant odor in the hallway and room. The room didn't appear clean, the bed was uncomfortable, and there was mold in the bathroom. The carpet was old and stained. Saw dead bugs in the entryway. Didn't eat the breakfast due to the dirty appearance and smell of the room.

Not what I expected.

Water was so bad could not drink or brush teeth wit. Really sulfer smell. Breakfast not so good white and wheat bread no muffins or danish waffle mix empty,creamers frozen, egg rounds cold.

Bed nice and close to Turnpike.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Very disappointed. Not worth the money we had to spend to stay there.

The room had a musty or "closed up" odor & had to open the window to let in fresh air. We have stayed here two other times & had no issues. The outlet for the hair dryer did not work.

Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

BAYMONT GREAT

I noticed that they redid the bottom of the pool and hot tub. I didn't like that the floors are very slippery my mother almost fell in the pool area bathroom 3 times. And the edges of pool and hot tub could really use updating. Also the pool 2 years ago was bath warm and now it's very cold. I'm not sure why it changed but that warm pool water was the main reason for our stay.

I always enjoy my stay at baymont. The beds are very comfy, the breakfast is always yummy!

Stay elsewhere

No rest or sleep

The place was a dump. Heater was broken and made so much noise it was like sleeping in a jet enine. Don't rent till heater is fixed.

Never again!

Carpeting filthy...not vacuumed. Heater on wall rattled every time it kicked on. We had to prop desk chair against to keep from rattling. Phone did not work. Toilet made for child. Glad it was only one night and I would never recommend or stay there again!

Good coffee.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The room was quiet

The pool was cold and children of other guests were screaming and running in pool area making it impossible to be in pool area Parents were in attendance but were not supervising the children

The room was quiet

Wasn't the worst but wasn't the best
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My husband moved to couch in the room to get a benter angle so there wouldn't be a glare on the TV and when we moved the couch there was all sorts of gross stuff underneath it. And since I wanted to pay cash I had to put down and extra 100 dollars which I thought was a bit overboard.

Bed was very comfortable. And the bathroom was very clean.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

just sleep there!

Dogs,dogs, dogs! The carpets in halls and our room( we don't travel w/pet) SHOWED tell tale patches. The dinning area was too small for volume of clients and layout was very congested-did not flow! Breakfast was basic at best since every thing was FROZEN and had to be nucked if you could get at microwave(JUST ONE!) middle of counter with the frig in corner. Waffle irons at end 2 of those-but the waffle mix in frig in corner good luck at getting at it. POOL needs a good cleaning and hot tub COLD water almost as cold as pools.

location and price

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Dirty, nothing worked, disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room looked like it hadn't been dusty for months. The phone didn't work. The shower curtain didn't close so water got all over the floor. The fixtures inside the tub were all rusted. I would never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Things were ok.

There were 2 of us in the room and we had one 1 wash clothe had to go and get another. One morning our room was not serviced. Dirty towels were left in the room. cleaning lady said that we were still in the room we left at 9:30 am and came back at 10 pm.

Things were ok. Would have liked to have more choices for toppings on waffles.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Beds were comfortable.

A bug ran across the floor while I was getting ready in the morning. Ew. The carpets could have been vacuumed better. The top of the dresser clearly had not been cleaned. It was sticky.

Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Overall Friendly staff, but need to be strict on policies and cleaning

There was a bag of Marijuana in the hall way which was reported to front desk. They said they have had this issue the past few days or nights so its a little dishearting that it wasnt delt with earlier. We were also given a room that had not be cleaned from the night prior but after voicing my concern we were given a different room.

Very friendly staff

Oversold and under maintenanced.

We requested adjoining rooms, as we were traveling with two families with 6 children between them. We didn't get adjoining rooms and had to make due. Desk chair was about to fall apart. The air conditioner filter was filthy and many of us had sore throats the next morning.

The breakfast wasn't horrible :)

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Bed was super comfortable, older hotel but everything was...

More variety/quality at breakfast.

Bed was super comfortable, older hotel but everything was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Staff was nice.

The place looked dirty, regardless of how clean it may actually be. My room had a stained top sheet (small but looked like blood) the desk and room chair were both also slightly stained, which is worrisome. The place just seemed cheaply built and rundown in that tubs like that, for example, do not hold up well and will never look clean.

Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The large selection of continental breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A little pricey hotel, asked for first floor on reservation, they couldn't supply,, loose tile in bathroom. Room 318

The large selection of continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The staff was extremely helpful, considerate, and friendly.

Booking. com travel instructions regarding location. Poor at best when driving from remote locations not close to I90.

The staff was extremely helpful, considerate, and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

You get what you pay for!

Room was small, cheaply furnished, smelled "funny", and the vanity and bath area opened right into the hallway so that anyone walking in the hall could see someone getting dressed or brushing their teeth. Poor design. Dining area was very small for the number of guests staying at the hotel. Lighting was poor both in the reception/check-in area and the room. Bathtub faucet leaked all night despite asking clerk to fix it. Annoying.

The coffee and bagels were good.

Everything was great even the pool was very warm.

The check in the computer was acting up.

Everything was great even the pool was very warm.

We got a good nights sleep.

The bed was comfortable.

The price was reasonable and the pool was refreshing

Hot tub was out of order

The price was reasonable and the pool was refreshing

Enjoyed the stay. It was quiet and clean

Run down facility that need some updating

I liked the customer service-let me have early checkin, too.

Clean room and friendly staff.

Breakfast was marginal

Clean room and friendly staff.

Lots of employees standing in the hall on their cell phones.

Lots of employees standing in the hall on their cell phones. Toilet in our room sounded like an airplane taking off and didn't flush well.

Exceeded my expectation.

Great room and good breakfast

Okay hotel decent price

Shower and pool out of date and room did not sleep 5 yet said it did.

Breakfast was good.

Breakfast was boring

The place needs freshening up, Some deep cleaning and maybe...

The place needs freshening up, Some deep cleaning and maybe fresh paint! Clean the air vents in the pool room and paint.

Breakfast was a disappointment.

Breakfast was a disappointment.

The pool.

The pool. There was a brown scum around the tiles of the pool that I could scrape off with my fingernail.

Fine

Refrigerator frozen over.

Food was fine. Beds were fine as were pillows.

Took my kids and ma to visit my grandma and it was a very pleasant stay

The lady who put out breakfast was so nice and helpful

it's just super small

it's just super small

Fair

Could do a better job cleaning facility

was nice place

the hot tub didnt seem to work and it was a bit dirty looking.

the staff was very helpful, and the rooms were nice and roomy.

Pool area was disgusting.

Pool area was disgusting. Very unkept.

The breakfast was not very fresh.

The breakfast was not very fresh. Apples were rotten and biscuits were stale and dry.

The rooms were alittle small, but overall it worked for our needs.

The rooms were a little small.

The hotel met our needs. It was in a good location for us.

Stayed one night and liked Beloit, people at the front desk were helpful and friendly.

Shower did not work properly ( upper spray), drain was clogged also. Musty smell in room like dirty carpet.

Breakfast was very nice

Breakfast good with effient staff.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast good with effient staff. Bathroom great.

No surprises

No surprises

Very nice

Coffee in room

Hot tub

Used to live on the edge of town in a small Wisconsin town...

Used to live on the edge of town in a small Wisconsin town so this felt like home. Nice hotel, good price - would stay again.

The breakfast was verry poor.

The breakfast was verry poor.Only butter on the breads, no chees, hams or bacon. Poor fruts. Nothing to eat realy.

we could bring our dog

breakfast could have had more variety

we could bring our dog

did not want jaccuzzi room, remote control not working, no...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

did not want jaccuzzi room, remote control not working, no extra pillows, breakfast terrible!! kids running all over place.

Dirty

The room was dirty, carpet had holes, and the shower had mold and was unusable. The toilet was loud and was difficult to flush.

They had no record of the booking.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They had no record of the booking.com reservation. They did fit me in though, although the price was more than it was reserved for.

Hummmmm

Breakfast. Dirty hallways

Parking

Shower needed work

Shower needed work

Cheap but....

Bed squeaked, Breakfast had nothing a gluten free child could eat.decided to go out for breakfast instead of free breakfast.

The carpeting had stains and was dirty.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The carpeting had stains and was dirty.

Great!

Nothing. A good experience

Excellent breakfast, clean, nice staff

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good location easy access off the freeway.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is in serious need of some cleaning and updating.

Good location easy access off the freeway.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Comfortable.

No outside access to parking lot from rooms. Makes it more of a challenge with a dog.

Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Ok

Pillows sucked breakfast sucked

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great place!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean rooms. Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The beds were nice for once I could sleep without waking up.

The beds were nice for once I could sleep without waking up. It's kinda unheard at a hotel.