Reviews of Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort 5 stars

330 East Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611, USA

#2 of 24 hotels in Aspen

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Classic hotel with antique feel but modern facility.

No dimmer in the bathroom; kind of bright for a romantic bath:)

Classic hotel with antique feel but modern facility. Excellent food. Good gym. Great service, great location.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Love Hotel Jerome! Excellent service!!!!
    • Junior Double Suite

Overall we loved the property! The staff was so nice and friendly! If there was anything that I’d have feedback on is the hallway to where we stayed was really really dark.

We loved the courtyard! We had cocktails and people watched. Beautiful view of the mountains. We were so lucky to have beautiful weather our entire stay.

We had a very memorable time. The History and ambience of the Jerome is like no other.

Rooms are a bit dark.

The gift of the G wagon so we could drive around was wonderful! Staff, food and service was excellent. I wish I had seen the famous ghost.. maybe next time. No one ever wants to check out. I don't blame the ghost for hanging there ( for free too).

Location on Main Street is good.
    • Junior King Suite

The rooms are a little tired inside and the pool is very basic and not very big. For $800 I'd expect FAR more luxury and an experience. After walking around the town I saw a couple much more suitable hotels which I'll try next time over the Jerome.

Location on Main Street is good.. close to restaurants and stores.

The excellent service, food, and views made Hotel Jerome my wife and my favorite hotel to date.

It was all perfect.

My wife and I enjoyed this hotel immensely. The location is ideal in the center of town. The view is spectacular. The hotel has a number of exceptional restaurants and bars that are not to be missed. All in all, this is a beautiful place and one that we will no doubt return to on future visits.

Every single detail was on point - amazing rooms, great gym,...

Every single detail was on point - amazing rooms, great gym, great food, I could go on and on! I truly incredible hotel - I just wish I could have stayed for longer!

The staff was very friendly, helpful, truly at your service.

There was construction at the property with trucks right outside my windows. Two other high end properties in Aspen reduced their prices and gave me a heads up about their construction. Hotel Jerome should have alerted me to the noise and inconvience of the construction and reduced their charges. The towels were far too scratchy and tired for an Auberge resort.

The staff was very friendly, helpful, truly at your service. The decor is fabulous. The room was luxurious.

Top of the Rockies on Main!

Nothing to add here.

The entire staff was very friendly, truly happy to accommodate every request. An absolute pleasure to drive up, and receive immediate greeting and luggage assistance from Jonathan and STETSON wearing crew. Front desk was anticipating our arrival as well. Our beautiful upgraded suite was ready immediately. The Prospect restaurant was simply great, attentive service and excellent fresh foods at our breakfasts. Great value for the wonderful presentations of deliciousness. The lounge in the Bar was comfortable and classy and a sheer pleasure to sit in and plan our day and evening activities. Recommendations for activities were rapidly addressed by two concierges that could literally leverage the world if you asked them to! Absolutely unmatched assistance that I have never experienced in all my years of business and leisure travel. Fresh happy faces, great attitude and unmatched Colorado style and gracious wholesomeness just welcomed us like returning family members. A superior corner suite upgrade with views of the ski area and Independence Pass greeted us upstairs and Hermes bath products were an amazing discovery. Sheer comfort under the sheets and comforter fueled us for the next morning and day.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Hotel Jerome- such a special place!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Hotel Jerome is by far the most beautiful hotel in Aspen in our families opinion. We looked at St. Regis and Little Nell and we found Jerome to be far superior. We love boutique style hotels so this may have played a part in our preference. The charm, history and over accommodating staff made our experience very special, We will definitely be back! They have two great restaurants on property, Prospect (upscale) and the J-bar for casual bites. Outside the property we found some amazing restaurants as well: Cache Cache, Monarch steakhouse or 316, Elinas, Pinions, and definitely Creperie du village (a must). Enjoy!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

A warm and friendly stay in Aspen, will return
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing in particular. The design makes it a real winter hotel though. Would probably say a bit dark if you were going in the summer. It's interior design is like an old cowboy saloon.

Staff are excellent. They must enjoy their jobs as everyone was putting out warm and friendly vibes. Hotel had a great festive atmosphere in lead up to Xmas.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Family holiday stay

Everything was great!

Great customer service across the board. Room was spacious and decorated nicely. Very dog friendly. Beautiful lobby and bar. Plan to come back for another visit soon.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Such a treat to stay at this place !

Nothing! Everything was perfect!

The bathroom was awesome!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Just generally fabulous, and the staff were very helpful.

Just generally fabulous, and the staff were very helpful. Nicely located near the restaurants too.

Perfect stay!

Gorgeous ambiance and most attentive staff. Special treats at night made all the difference!

What a five star experience should be
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Xgames week so very busy

Beautiful and historic hotel with excellent service.

I loved the interior and food!
    • Junior Double Suite

The rooms are not soundproof, it could get a little loud in the lobby

I loved the interior and food! Staff was helpful and nice!

We will be back.
    • Premier King Room

Accomadations were great, staff nice and friendly. Cowboys were awesome and very helpful.

Wonderful hotel in a great position with excellent friendly...

Wonderful hotel in a great position with excellent friendly staff

Awesome.

Liked everything.

Staff was excellent, food delicious and hotel was charming.

it was perfect for a special occassion
    • Junior Double Suite

The staff was exceptional from the valet, front desk, room service... every area excellent..

so much comfort, enjoyment, great food and drinks....
    • Junior Double Suite

nothing except that i had to leave

the cleaning service was great.... the staff great... they were just perfect...

The location, charm and helpfulness of the staff were all...
    • Junior King Suite

The location, charm and helpfulness of the staff were all outstanding. We will definitely be back.

Excellent decor and staff

Excellent decor and staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Best hotel in Aspen!

Bit better workout facility.

Service was fantastic. Rooms beautiful, and food was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Never again!!

The service in the bar

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Best place I have ever stayed in.

Best place I have ever stayed in. Most wonderful and friendly staff who perfected my holiday. Will definitely come again (and again).

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Excellent experience

Everything..

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

very friendly staff, we received some good recommendations...

very friendly staff, we received some good recommendations from them

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

One of the best hotel experiences by far!

The bed was so comfy! Staff treated us like royalty and the decor was so beautiful.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Beautiful Hotel, Very Kind Staff.

Bedding wasn't changed once our entire stay, despite asking for it. Check-out was complicated as I had been overcharged on two counts.

Beautiful Hotel, Very Kind Staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

Spacious room, very pleasant and friendly staff.

For such an expensive hotel, one that charges a daily resort fee, they should provide FREE shuttle service to the 4 mountains (they do not). Otherwise, what is the "resort fee" for? The Prospect Restaurant was good, not great.

Spacious room, very pleasant and friendly staff. Bed is quite soft. Hotel is perfectly situated in downtown Aspen, close to everything. Food and drink at The J Bar was very good, along a great bartender (Ryan).

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

The hotel Jerome is an iconic hotel in the middle of Aspen.

The hotel Jerome is an iconic hotel in the middle of Aspen. It is an amazing place to stay. Unfortunately the main restaurant wasn't open during our stay, but we had great dinners in the J-Bar.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

Staff was extremely helpful.

Resort fee was unexpected. Really didn't use much of the amenities

Staff was extremely helpful. No issues with booking or anything. Room was newly renovated. Nice bathroom and products

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Spacious room, luxuriously appointed furnishings, mountain...

Spacious room, luxuriously appointed furnishings, mountain view, attentive and courteous service, plus nice touches such as free secure bike valet and storage, Malin & Goetz products.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Location is awesome.

Valet station is sometimes hectic and it's Aspen so you're paying a premium for everything.

Location is awesome. Walking distance to all the shops and restaurants of downtown Aspen.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Service, service, service & trust.

The sit-in breakfast was quite basic, would have been nice to have the possibility of mushrooms, cheeses, etc. Maybe the hotel should offer a full English breakfast?

Service, service, service & trust. I am seldom in a hotel where I feel as welcome & as certain that all employees can be trusted i.e. all personal belongings were absolutely secure.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The Hotel itself was amazing.

I ordered room service breakfast for 10am. At 10:15am I called asking if it were on it's way; they said they had us down for 10:45am. When it arrived it was still the wrong order, but the staff member insisted it was our mistake, which was a disapointment.

The Hotel itself was amazing. Staff were courteous and professional.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

Fabulous, humorous staff!

Gym was too small and not enough equipment.

Fabulous, humorous staff! Location was phenomenal! Old world western high end decore. Played with the kids in the pool for hours. Food was great! Celebrity sightings oh my. Didn't want to leave and I never feel this way about a hotel. Even bought a hat!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

This Aspen vacation was a surprise for my husband's 50th...

This Aspen vacation was a surprise for my husband's 50th b-day to attend the Food & Wine Classic. I couldn't have asked for anything better than the experience we had at Hotel Jerome! The staff was amazing, professional and personable. I was thrilled to learn they upgraded us to a suite upon check-in and had a lovely bottle of wine & note in the room for my husband's special celebration. I absolutely loved our room - - décor, amenities was pure comfort! We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Prospect the first evening and the sommelier suggested a wonderful bottle of wine for us. Thank you Hotel Jerome for making our stay such a wonderful memory!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Complimentary upgrade and FABULOUS room service dining.

Someone had spend DAYS smoking in the room. Definitely not the hotels fault but it had been so much smoking that it settled into the fabric of the chairs, sofa and bed. It was probably the person who had just checked out of the room the evening prior, because it was fresh. So sad because this establishment is top notch. Some people don't respect rules, sad situation, but I wouldn't have switched rooms so I can't really complain! 5 STARS!

Complimentary upgrade and FABULOUS room service dining.. YUM! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

Eclectic mix of Wild West, Art Deco and animal print...

Breakfast is very expensive. Hotel was a few blocks a away from the nearest ski station (for Aspen) and bus station (for Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk). Though the hotel would drive you to the Aspen ski station for free. Concierge was a bit hit and miss e.g. one restaurant was booked for the wrong night. Could do with a local, next day weather forecast provided in rooms or at reception.

Eclectic mix of Wild West, Art Deco and animal print decoration set in an imposing red brick building. Large, luxurious, comfortable and very stylish bedroom and bathroom. Attentive, cheery service from the staff throughout the hotel. Great vibe in the bar, particularly on nights when there was live music. Knowledgeable bar staff. Well situated for a number of the best restaurants in town such as Cache Cache, Steak House 316 and Matsuhisha. Great to have the option of taking hotel cars to places within town, including pick up and collection from Aspen airport.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and it is a short stroll...

Charging to go to the ski fields is a terrible given the room rates. Service should get better over time but it's definitely not there yet! Residences at little nell is unbeatable for service.... Different league

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and it is a short stroll from everything but the skiing. Nobu, cache cache, Caribou club, etc

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

The staff

The staff The food The J-Bar!!! The history

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

The hotels decor is really lovely

The staff seem to be out of sync with each other and customers!!

The hotels decor is really lovely

Very gloomy in the corridors

Very gloomy in the corridors

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

The staff was amazing!

The staff was amazing! They were helpful, friendly and very attentive.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

The historic decor was fabulous.

The historic decor was fabulous. A delightful experience. Great location to walk to dinner and shopping as well.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The service and facilitates are amazing!

The service and facilitates are amazing!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Everything.

Everything. Great friendly, accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

I highly recommend Hotel Jerome and hope to stay there again.

I highly recommend Hotel Jerome and hope to stay there again. It was quiet, extremely clean, and very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

Quite room (suite, separate bedroom;

Quite room (suite, separate bedroom; great staff; main Aspen downtown easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Location good.

Well heeled clientelle

Location good. Staff excellent and helpful. Any request dealt with calmly and promptly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Great staff.

Great staff. Great attitude. Excellent facilities.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Delightful interiors.

The website does not reflect the ambiance and decor

Delightful interiors. Excellent service.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

evedrything

the lighting in the room could be better

evedrything

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

The Jerome exceeded all expectations.

The Jerome exceeded all expectations.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Quality and location

very overpriced!!! VERY!!!

Quality and location

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

The Jerome is fabulous!

The Jerome is fabulous!! Loved our stay so much we booked another stay in December... can't wait!!!

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

The hotel was beautiful, in a perfect location, and included...

The hotel was beautiful, in a perfect location, and included more amenities than I care to list. Would gladly stay again. Expensive but worth it.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Great location and helpful staff.

Everything was wonderful!

Great location and helpful staff. It was ice to have lots of water encouraged and complimentary snacks.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Great attention to detail and a very helpful staff - made...

Great attention to detail and a very helpful staff - made for a memorable weekend.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2015

for skiing we prefer Hotels next to a lift

for skiing we prefer Hotels next to a lift

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Hotel Jerome charged me for a room that I physically...

Hotel Jerome charged me for a room that I physically couldn't use.

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.