Reviews of Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel 3 stars

132-26 South Conduit Avenue, Queens, NY 11430 , USA

#63 of 119 hotels in Queens

• Club King Room

No restaurants in walking distance

Large rooms, easy check in/ out. Free airport shuttle. Staff were friendly and helpful when our flight was delayed. Enjoyed the benefits on the club level, great donuts :)

• Traditional King

The internet was not working on my floor (level 6th) eventually I was moved to club room on level 7. On arrival there was a long line to check in which took 45 minutes to get to the counter. I arrived immediately after a bus party so this was not "normal".

• Traditional King

The toilet was leaking . Also not sure what is being use to wash the sheets but it made me itchy

I like the airport shuttle. Drivers was nice. I adored the staff at the hotel bar area they were super. Food was good

• Traditional King

Elevator and corridor seems too narrow.

Checking in and out was a breeze. I love the strong masculine look of the room. Room is clean and nice internet connection.

• Club King Room

Can be expensive depending on occupancy.

Good stopover hotel, close to JFK, convenient quick shuttle after taking train to Federal Circle (call hotel when on the train), morning shuttle runs every half hour and drops off directly at your terminal (no train). There is a restaurant in the hotel with decent food and a business centre for printing.

• Traditional King

I was slightly disappointed with the range of food in the restaurant but more so that when a large noisy group came into the restaurant, the 2 staff appeared to concentrate on that group ignoring others in the restaurant and it was obvious I was not that only one concerned. A member of staff criticised me for ordering at the bar but wanting to eat at a table, and I do mean criticised rather than advised... hmmm . I waited for some time for the waitress to take my credit card attempting to get her attention several times and when I gently commented at the delay was told it was my fault for not putting my credit card sticking out of the top of the check folder, Ive never come against that before. However although not impressed I would not let this situation stop me from using the hotel again, it is very well worth using

The room was excellent, good size, well appointed, comfortable bed. Excellent location for JFK airport with 24 hour shuttle service. Staff were very friendly, helpful... with one exception... and very informative. Would definitely use again.

• Traditional King

I wish the room included a mini refrigerator.

I selected the Sheraton because of its proximity to JFK Airport, its food availability (a restaurant and room service), plus a free shuttle to the airport. We weren't certain how late we'd be arriving, and it was important to have a full meal after a long commute. We were pleased with our dinner at the on-site restaurant. The portions were huge and the food was tasty. In addition, we had a free dessert with the chocolate chunk cookies available in the lobby. I enjoyed the full sized shower and the amenities that came with the room. We had a good night sleep in the large, comfortable bed in preparation for a very long flight back to Hawaii.

• Traditional King

The restaurant is really just a seating area in the bar. OK for a meal if you're on a layover, but not much atmosphere. The hotel corridors smelt musty (carpets?) The shuttle pick-up at JFK is out in the open/exposed in bad weather.

Convenient to JFK, with a prompt shuttle service. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Complimentary coffee in the lobby. The food and service in the bar was good.

• Traditional King

My booking didn’t exist in their system at check in which was worrying. No apology from staff. Asked for wake up call that didn’t happen. Didn’t receive a bill at check out and none posted under the door either

Comfort of room

• Traditional King

My unit didn't have hot water and when I called the front desk the staff was understaffed and took a while for someone to even answer the phone. I had to actually go back downstairs to the front desk. They tried to assist me in the morning but there was no manager present to try to work with me to help remedy the situation. Eventually i was moved to another room. Parking at the hotel is very limited and cost $30 a day.

• Traditional King

$3.00 extra was deducted from my company credit card which I could not find on the invoice. The invoice was for $177.92, and two separate transactions went through from Sheraton: $177.92, and $3.00. I was not contacted with the reason for this. It is not a lot of money, but it is a schlep for a corporate credit card recon. PS: The shuttle service was excellent - very frequent.

• Traditional King

Wonderful check in experience, staff so kind and helpful and courteous. We were so tired after our flight got cancelled it was late and they made us feel so happy! Nice, clean cozy rooms, nice bathroom, lovely beds, breakfast nothing special but completely sufficient for a quick bite.

• Traditional King

Breakfast is overpriced and could be alot better. You are made to pay for parking but carpark is usually full. No room service available. Issues logging on to free wifi

The close proximity to airport

• Traditional King

Chicken dinner needed to be fully cooked

Cute room, but noisy and no view. Nice staff,but chicken dinner made me sick all night. Chicken was not fully cooked. Chef would not admit.

• Traditional King

Unfortunately I could only sleep in the hotel for three hours due to my flight schedule. Also missed breakfast due to the early hour. Made up by the coffee table near the reception.

The luxury bathroom and the snow outside

• Traditional King

- furniture is outdated and preaty worn, also while there we had a power outage. maint. were drilling some holes in the middle of the night.

I like the room, but the furniture is kinda outdated

Everything was excellent!

Great hotel! We stayed through our Christmas vacation. Adriana at the front desk took excellent care of us. She even upgraded our stay with a happy hour option on the 7th floor! The staff is vert friendly and the rooms are really clean. We will be back, of course! It's been a great experience. Thank you, Adriana! You made sure we had a great Christmas break!!! :)

The staff was horrible, the room was very small, and the linens looked very dirty. They didn't change our towels when housekeeping came in to make the beds. We had to request them to do it, even though we had our towels on the floor.

The location of the property.

• Traditional King

I did not like the food. It was always a hit or miss, and for the prices they charge it should always be a hit.

I liked the convenience of the location to the airport.

• Traditional King

Don't have an answer for that.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and ready to help. The breakfast was delicious and those cherry muffins were to die for. I really had a great time. Thanks!

• Traditional King

the position is not the best if you have to move from the hotel towards other structures, it is good only if you need to stay close to the airport. It was only for a night and I had to leave from JFK airport the following evening, and I wanted to see a bit of Brooklyn: it takes at least 1 hour in every direction you want to take, not handy if you want to visit NY

good room, plenty of space and good range of services offered. The airport shuttle was very useful

• Traditional King

Arrived at 1:30am and the desk staff were super sweet! I even got upgraded to Club after a mix up with my room and it was the BEST thing that had happened to me all day! Really close to the airport and free airport shuttle which is so convenient.

• Traditional King

Initially given the wrong room size. The TV would not turn on with the remote control; the tech called said - "well, all you need to do is to get up and turn the TV on with your finger"!!! There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. There were no drawers in the room. The tub continued to fill up with water when using the shower so I had to unscrew the cap off the tub. We were continually disturbed by the staff (housekeeping) and at 9am on the day of check-out, a staff member knocked on the door thinking it was an empty room (as per the front desk).

The night staff, although somewhat knowledgeable were NOT very customer service savvy. They had tendencies to be too familiar. There is a difference to between friendly and courteous and friendly and too familiar. A few times they crossed the line.

• Traditional King

Heat did not function. Open Service closets. Pretty beat up place. Airport shuttle from JFK took too long. Sat in cold watching multiple shuttles from other hotels come and go.

Cookies. Friendly staff.

• Traditional King

Heater was noisy rattled and made loud humming sound all night. Airport driver was unfriendly and dropped me at arrivals rather than departure

Friendly staff. Large room and bed. Good proximity to airport.

• Traditional King

The whole night water was running in the bathroom. Impossible to sleep well. No Fox Sports, so no World Series in the hotel. Strange!! Otherwise the venue was okay.

• Traditional King

Worst customer service. I left something accidentally in my room called them within half hour of checking out to three days after checking out nobody helped me out

• Traditional King

Mediocre breakfast. Not good value. Staff attending to breakfast inattentive abnd abit indifferent. Maybe her bad day.

Location, airport shuttle, very friendly staff, large comfy room, spacios shower

• Traditional King

We were charged twice for the room and Sheraton says they only charged once and my CC says differently. Right now I am dealing with the bank to get back money and it is a painful process.

• Traditional King

Very rude at the front desk. We just beeing traveling over 24 hours and did not need a rude front desk person. So, I was intimdating to ask question about the time and a wake up call. Thought we could figure it out. But, never could get the WiFi to work, never could get the front office to answer the phon, the phone was dead and/or had a busy signal. We could not get the time correct because of daylight saving. We thought we had the correct time but we did not. Was tring to get the front desk to answer to get a wake up call and check the time. They never answered. Luckily, we turned on the TV and saw the time. We missed the shuttle and the front desk was suppose to call a taxi but called a "special car" which was more. We fortunately made the plane because of the kindness of the airline letting us go first. I was shocked that this is called a Sheraton Hotel.

• Traditional King

The breakfast was the ordinary fattening and not healthy US standard breakfast.. Why not offer some nice alternative; more fruits, wholegrain bread, etc?

The room was very nice. The receptionists were forthcoming.

• Club King Room

The shuttle will pick you up from Federal circle (onle one train of the two goes to the stop so double check before you get on). We called the shuttle when the train arrived and it was a very short wait at Federal circle. The morning shuttle will drop you off directly at the terminal, it runs every half hour. The beds are comfortable and there is a restaurant in the lobby as well as room service. Great for a stopover at JFK.

• Club King Room

The bed was not arranged to the requirement of booking. For instead we received a double bed while arrival. The reception compensated us with drink voucher. The breakfast option at executive lounge is limited.

It was conveniently located next to JFK airport with frequent airport shuttle arrangement. The bed is overall comfortable. The windows are noise proof, which makes our stay pretty enjoyable. It would be ideal to make an easy transfer for JFK airport.

• Traditional King

The shuttle service from JFK to the airport seemed kind of unorganized (which was not the case on my return back to JFK), and the shuttle driver had very loud and obnoxious music playing. Moreover, they handled our baggage very roughly, which I got aware of, because I had some electronic devices in my bags.

On the evening I arrived, I ate at the hotel restaurant and ordered the Fish of the Day, which happened to be salmon. It was accompanied by wild rice and steamed vegetables. The dish was outstanding! The fish was perfectly done, with a nice, but not too rich butter sauce. The veggies had a perfect bite to them and the rice was exquisite in taste and amount. I really did not expect this in an airport hotel. Everything else was as you would expect.

See above comments

After breakfast think there was an attempt to fraudulently, charge my card, after telling my card did not go through collected for breakfast in cash only to be messaged by my bank my card has been charged and to be aware of fraud charges, Do not think will stay in that hotel. And I have not received my receipt of stay as the computer was down, but it has been more than 3 days and I am yet to receive a receipt.

• Traditional King

Parking was a first come first serve even if you paid for a parking pass. We thought it was a rip off for $30 a day that did not guarantee a spot. The upkeep was down too. There was grime in the shower and the door handle came off.

It was very close to the airport and to the event we were attending.

• Traditional King

We arrived at 11pm due to late flight and airport shuttle that had to do a few stops. The reception was very pre-occupied and not very informative. We were taken to room 324 that which was under construction and were moved to 424 which that caused a delay. Although very late we expected some source of beverage. The bar lady closed the door in front of me and said she cannot even serve one drink. We were left with only coffee in the room. The door man, shuttle drivers and morning staff were excellent.

Breakfast was not included.

• Traditional King

An old tired hotel, windows wouldn’t open correctly, furniture from the 60s, a very dowdy and run down establishment, waited an hour for the shuttle bus and driver didn’t get out of his seat but was still looking for a tip, next time I’m in New York I will find somewhere else to stay.

Bedding and towels were clean and fresh, staff were nice.

• Traditional King

It’s very expensive for a lousy smelly hotel that needs a facelift. If it wasn’t for us missing our flight and few options left I would have checked out as I walked. It is a rip off! No photos unfortunately but it’s awful.

The proximity to JFK

• Traditional King

tired old fashioned decor - dark and gloomy - not what i expected from a sheraton restaurant fairly basic choice - not much option for a vegetarian and breakfast buffet limited

staff pleasant enough - bed comfy, bathroom reasonable

• Traditional King

Price was a little high. I stayed for 6 nights and wanted to stay two extra days but was told the price went up by 75% to 286 per night from $164

The bed and pillows were comfortable. I was treated to the executive area on the top floor which was really nice for breakfast and evening snack

• Traditional King

It was close to JFK for an early flight. The shuttle was convenient though it the morning return was 20 minutes late. The vehicle itself needed shock absorber repair.

• Traditional King

Very much a hotel for our Afro American friends who get all attention. The shuttle bus to the airport waited for 18 minutes to go to the airport for an AA hostess who woke late ...for any other guest ,they would be told to get the next bus

Normally ok for an American airport hotel but this time not so good. They have introduced very heavy duves ,doonas, on the bed and the air conditioning is very noisy . You do need ear plugs . On the other hand the mattress was super comfortable.Check in staff prefer talking to their brothers than checking in .

• Traditional King

Needs more soundproofing! while I understand that a hotel near the airport may be noisy from the planes taking off or landing, I could hear them very loudly through the walls. I wore an earplug so I could sleep, but not two because I needed to be able to hear my wake up alarm on my phone or from the clock.

the room was great, the bathroom sparkling, and the bed was comfy. I stayed there one night before an early morning flight out. Shuttle bus to the airport was terrific, and the cafe/bar downstairs was nice.

• Traditional King

Dining menu is rather limited. But food was good.

Staff- amazing!!!!! They were very nice to us while we waited for flight to Miami which was cancelled because of Hurricane Irma

• Traditional King

It time to upgrade... and remove carpet from your rooms. Wood tile look is the way to go.

The bed was comfortable! Room spacious. Location from JFK was 15mins by taxi.

• Traditional King

Badly organized. They seemed overwhelmed with the amount of guests and therefore were unable to answer the phone for airport pick up in a timely manner (took 7 tries of standing there jet lagged, calling for someone to send shuttle), check in and out also took longer than expected. Restaurant closed room service earlier than stated due to amount of guests (I'm guessing). Didn't get any of my special requests answered and had to check out early despite having a *genius late check out on booking.com.

Friendly and gracious staff, comfortable beds.

• Traditional King

Bugs in the rooms , and they don't help with the bags at all , the staff just look at you struggle with the bags the you trying to get to your room

Nothing , it was very bad

• Traditional King

Not a good food selection at the restaurant

This hotel gets better every year and the only drawback is a rather ordinary restaurant,but for one or two nights,it is satisfactory.beds are super comfortable and the AC has been improved.

• Traditional King

staff in club lounge surly ask for ice and told to go to the ice machine in corridor, staff member knocked and our door at night demanding tip after dinner

the front desk woman very pleasanr

• Club King Room

Restaurant food is pub food. Limited menu.Food served at the Club Status was nothing to brag about. The food served was ok for American standard... out of a box and reheated. Overpaid for my stay.

We stayed at this hotel the night before our flight from JFK. We were for CLUB STATUS. Accommodations were very good.

• Traditional King

Took an hour and two phone calls for shuttle to arrive. Gave us wrong room type and we're very rude about correcting even though correct room type was available. Checkin took forever.

Day staff was grest

• Club King Room

Nothing, just safety of area but was well protected.I was very satisfied and would stay again and refer it to family.

The bed was so comfortable! Very clean room.shuttle was on time and food was very very good.

• Traditional King

Nothing really around the hotel. A couple of gas stations within walking distance, half mile or so. You can get there cold beer and snacks. There is also Subway if you'd be hungry.

I enjoyed the comfort of the room. The beds are very comfy, the staff is very friendly. Staying right in the city would probably be much more convenient, however the price difference is quite huge. Staying by the airport I saved quite a bit of money and enjoyed comfort of Sheraton. Would strongly recommend joining the Sheraton reward program, this way we've gotten free breakfast and snacking in the evening (on the 7th floor - the access only for the members). Quite easy access to the city. We had to take hotel shuttle to the airport, the. AirTran to Howard Beach station and then subway Line A right to Manhattan (only $7.75 each way).

• Traditional King

The BartenderIn the restaurant part name ross did a good job. he help me with all my needs and he would be the Reason I come-back to the sheraton hotel his customer-service is excellent

• Club King Room

There's not a thing not to like at this Sheraton wonderful place.

The place was as wonderful as always the breakfast was great and they have hors d'oeuvres after 6 in the evening ,everything is nice here that's why I stay at the Sheraton at the airport every single time I come to New York.

• Traditional King

The room, although clean, had not been vacuumed, there was debris on floor in bathroom as well. I reported it to the front desk and again upon check-out. I declined to have someone come to vacuum and mop at 10p, when I checked in, as I was exhausted after flying 23 hrs.

Location to airport and friendliness of staff.

• Club King Room

Unprofessionalism of the staff. My credit card didn't function and I want to settle the bills by cash but they didn't accept my request. Kept on insisting on paying by credit card.

Near to airport. Shuttle available.

• Traditional King

Musty smell in the hallways Some stains in carpet

Tasty lunch menu. Best than avragea quality. free wi-fi Modern, clean bathroom with all drains running comfy mattress and pillows starchy clean linens

• Traditional King

It was during the holiday, we booked for a double, and we were provided a King and told we would have to take a cot for the floor. This was severely disappointing and a major inconvience.

We liked the bathroom, hot water, and contemporary design.

N A

Large room Great bathroom Very clean We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the restaurant Excellent food and reasonably priced wine. We left before breakfast for an early fligjht. Free bus to terminal

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Traditional King

The rooms are very nice however in each of the three rooms the air-conditioner was very very noisy and can't interfere with sleep.

The room is her very well done. Beds comfortable.

• Traditional King

That one staff female from the kitchen talking negative about me

I did like very thing, but one Spanish staff ( female) form the kitchen, who's we're talking about me in a negative with who I believe was the floor maneger,by not knowing that I speak fluently Spanish,very unprofessional, other than that I had a fabulous....

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Traditional King

the bedsheets were dirty, the blankets showed traces of blood or other body fluids (they have been washed but the discoloration was still there), my fiance asked for replacement and the blanket we got hat holes and discoloration the hotel itself is old, wear and tear is visible in many places

staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

nothing.

I had a comfortable spacious room. It was very clean and I felt secure. There was no noise from nearby airport but it was very handy to get to for early morning flight. Getting into Manhattan was not real easy but the hotel offered several options as well as a phone number to call if I had any problems. Excellent service.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Traditional King

The parking is under construction so no parking after arriving later in the evening. The TV didn't work and had to follow up to get it fixed and the beds are old and creak. Small times with a musty smell.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Traditional King

We were near where the service room was for our floor. The service staff would put the bar across the door so that it wouldn't lock and would then let the door simply slam into this whenever they used it. This loud slamming sound began at 5:30 in the morning and was quite jarring.

Very conveniently located near the airport. Staff were very helpful with any questions. Room was clean and the shower was great (I could physically stand under the shower head--not always the case in hotels).

• Traditional King

Everything was smooth and it was excellent value for money

The front desk team are amazing happy people; Room was spacious and modern; Big bed; in-room coffee maker; modern spacious bathroom; Fairly priced room service menu

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Traditional King

The bed was rocky and uncomfortable and given how close the location is to the airport it felt as if sound proofing the rooms was not given a thought. Every time a plane landed or took off we could hear it loud and clear. I have stayed at properties that are located a mile from the airport and have never heard the planes. So that was the only drawback.

The location from JFK was barely 4 miles. The staff was professional and helpful and very very nice. Spacious room (for the price) and the work table included was great for me to write up reports. The place was clean even though it was raining pretty heavy that night. The little restaurant appeared gloomy but the staff and the food blew us away. All in all, it was great.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Traditional King

never seen a club lounge like this, small. food not tasty at all. not many kinds of breakfast choice. staff not helping at all and no staff wearing uniform.

• Traditional King

1st I booked a double bed and checked in and they only had a king size room available .2nd night I was finally switched to a double bed room but there was a issue with no hot water then it was no cold water .just a really bad experience at this place I won't be returning ever again

The engineer manger he was nice I think his name was Kenny

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Traditional King

You offered a choice for two double beds or king bed. Actually have a check box for it. Staff stated that your contract is ONLY for King bed. Do not pretend to have a preference choice "if available" when really there will never be a choice. Ibwas traveling with a senior citizen and chose that hotel for the choice of two double beds that didn't exist. Then they gave me a couch without blankets and a spider on it.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Traditional King

The water pressure in the sinks have issues. And the parking is horrible there, very little parking and your made to park on the street but I don't know the parking rules for NYC very frustrating and the hotel seems unconcerned.

The food and restaurant was wonderful. The bed quite comfortable. The staff seemed pleasant.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Traditional King

1. That the don't have enough parking space and you have to worry about your car being on the street and street parking rules and regulations of a city you know nothing about? 2. Restaurant closes too early, and there are no room service options after 11pm.

Loved the appearance of the hotel (beautiful design) and the comfort of the room.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Traditional King

Wish there was a small. Breakfast

Needed a room for the night as we missed our flight. Room was available for a reasonable price (for NYC) and we were satisfied with our room.