Reviews of Nugget Casino Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1100 Nugget Avenue, Sparks, Reno, NV 89431, United States of America

#20 of 47 hotels in Reno

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Perfect Place to stay when driving from Oregon to Las Vegas.
    • Premiere King Room

Room service food was okay, warm, but tater tots too crisp and not the most tasty. My Reuben Sandwich was very tasty, and apple pie was great and warmed up! View out my window on 3rd. Floor was not great, cement stairs and roof. Kinda noisy and someone turned The connecting door handle on other side which was very annoying. I was driving through and wanted a good nights sleep.

Valet parking and baggage brought up to my room, check-in was very fast and room service excellent! My Service Dog stayed with me in my room, no problems, everyone who worked there were very friendly and helpful. Definitely will stay again soon!! Bed very comfy too, nice big heavy towels, plenty of Kleenex and T.P. Very impressed with quality of products.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Excellent location, great price and fantastic comfort!
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location was excellent and the front desk staff was outstanding. The PM staff in the Cafe could use a little bit of work, but they weren't so bad that it needed intervention. I love the Nugget and will always choose this location when I visit Reno!

Beautiful environment throughout.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing bad to say about it.

Beautiful environment throughout. Room was gorgeous. The Buffet and Rosie’s Cafe were outstanding in variety of food, very helpful/friendly staff and so accommodating. We loved it and will recommend to others. Will return

Excellent Hotel
    • Premiere King Room

Rosie's Restaurant...poor service. We arrived around 10PM and they weren't adequately staffed, therefore we had to wait for a bit to eat.

This is an outstanding hotel. Check in and out were simple, the rooms were immaculate, and the bed was super cozy. We loved the view from our 18th floor room. Overall great stay and we will stay again!

Rude staff!!! Not clean.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rude front desk, dirty room, very noisy & ac never cool. I complain, the answer was to talk to Booking.com!!!! I didn’t know that Booking.com had to tell them to be nice to guess and have a clean room. All I wanted to do was to cancel my second night and have a good vacation with my family. And that’s exactly what I did, I found a better resort and better hotel, I will never be back or refer to friends the nugget resort.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

It took an hour to check in.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

It took an hour to check in. They were having issues with their computer system. I suggest that they let the customers know instead of everyone disappearing behind closed doors leaving all the guest standing in line wondering what is happening. There was an elderly couple standing in this line that was having trouble standing for so long. It was not comfortable for anyone. Once I got to the counter the customer service was okay. Offering a complimentary “something” whether it be a Starbucks coffee, etc would have been a nice touch. Communication and complimentary gifts seem to diffuse situations. Discount on room would also be a suggestion.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

free valet parking.
    • Premiere King Room

I upgraded to West wing. Checked in to room 1454, the toilet wouldn't flush. Moved to room 1453, same toilet problem. Room svc. was expensive. Too many single deck blackjack tables. Overall, not a pleasant stay for approx. $600.00.

free valet parking.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

The cleanliness of this hotel is not the same as it used to...
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleanliness of this hotel is not the same as it used to be. The room was not clean. The last two times I stayed here the room had a dirty bathroom floor and had not been vacuumed properly. Not a thorough job.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

I had an awesome time and totally enjoyed my stay, your cleaning crew deserves much praise.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lobster buffet needs more choices.

The employees were very helpful and easy to approach.The comps were extremely generous, I have never enjoyed myself as much as when I went to see WAR in your casino. Kudos to all your employees at Boomtown. I was surprised at the many choices of machines and new games. Your barbeque buffet was awesome. Thanks.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised with the facility.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

I was pleasantly surprised with the facility. Very clean. I didnt expect it to be this nice. We stayed here because it was a last minute trip but would definitely stay again.

Not so much
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dirty. We found hair in the bathtub and food crumbs in the drawers. Also someone had spilled a soda on the base of the table and all over the wall and it hadn't been cleaned up. The front desk changed our room for the second night, but didn't offer a discount or anything. Also the air conditioning didn't work very well and never got the room below 75° so trying to sleep was terrible.

The casino was nice. Valet workers were very polite. Starbucks in the lobby was nice to have in the morning.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

The pool was nice and big,and the view was nice.
    • Premiere King Room

I didn't like the bedroom it smelled a little funny when walking in. My card was charged twice so that sucked

The pool was nice and big,and the view was nice.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Enjoyed my stay at Nugget to the fullest
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing to complain about!

First time staying at a luxury hotel like this one, I very much liked it. The staff was friendly, the room was well equipped, super clean and well-ventilated. Views from the 26th floor overlooking the desert were quite memorable. Also, checking in on a Sunday night could be easy on one's budget, something that many travelers probably don't realize. Overall, Nugget is a highly recommended place!

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

I want Nugget return my money back charged when I make reservation.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1> I have reservation for three rooms, but they said their system shows I have only two rooms even I showed them my confirmation letter. They are not honest. 2. Buffet is terrible for $25 + 15% tip. No food to choose, and food is bad.

Parking is easy. room is good.

would stay again
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nice rooms, but faint odour of smoke, even on the newly updated side, but put the ac on for a while and it pretty much goes away, not bad enough to move rooms/ hotel, but is noticable to a non smoker.

size of room, view, updates, price, location, food, price of food

Just decent
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A/C did not work well, room carpet needed a good cleaning, shower curtain had a must smell. The amount of cigarette smoke thru out the hotel made even non smoking areas smokey. Tv had horrible picture quality. When I asked to have maintenance check out the A/C they never showed up, room was at least 80 degrees at night.

Will stay again.

Oh...said earlier...movie prices.

I love the price compared to comfort...indoor pool and hot tub....room service, valet, baggage service availability. The o ky thing I do not like is the $19.99 price for movies. I stay there all the time when I travel to Reno.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

They need to add more Staff at the check-in counter.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

They need to add more Staff at the check-in counter. Only 2 people checking in customers and toke us 45 mins in line and they made a mistake on charges during my stay.

2018 Vacation
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I dont like cigarette smoke. Extremely annoying, but hey I'm in a casino so I already know that is going to be something I have to overlook. But when I am in the non smoking areas and the rooms are non smoking. I see other guests smoking in non smoking common areas as well as non smoking rooms. The smell always manages to get into my room. People, if you have to smoke please do it in smoking areas only.

Everything else. Ate at Rosie's Cafe on both nights there. The Monday special is two pork chops. Very good as was the service etc. Tuesday I had fried chicken. That chicken was cooked within an inch of its life. Very tough and dry so no more fried chicken for me from Rosie's. Everything else was great. The rooms in the Resort Tower are very nice and clean. Overall had a great experience and will be returning.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

The smell was horrible in the room.
    • Premiere King Room

The smell was horrible in the room. The floor was filthy. The room was dirty and old. Felt uncomfortable the entire time...slept and left..would not recommend

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

I enjoyed my stay. Thank you.
    • Premiere King Room

Found sticky spots on the table next to bed and on the one by the window. Housekeeping needs to do a better job.

Room was comfortable, bed was wonderful.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

You will never see my face again.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Air conditioning performed poorly. Old style thermostat on wall *appeared* to take instructions and a fan would whirr for a while, but then it just stopped and then no ventilation at all.

Ease and quickness of check-in process. Terry Fator came over with his dog to give me room keys.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Nice decent hotel, don’t expected to get the available beds

I had to wait 45 minutes for the front clerk checked my confirmation. They said it had to do with system transferring info over from third party. Also I booked two queen beds instead they gave me a king bed. The clerk did not ask me upfront if it’s ok to go with king bed. I wouldn’t and not preferred to go back in. There are a lot of nice hotels in Reno.

The Property is nice in decent condition also 5th floor swimming pool and jacuzzi are great.

AWFUL
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dirty didnt notice much first when i came in cuz was late when i came back to really notice..first thing i grab a towel and it had red stuff on it then went to restroom the toilet was stained and still dirty ..got into the shower water was backing up..Then went to pick up a sandwich i had boughten that i laid on the dresser part it was caged in areas with food..Carpet in room was stained..first thing when i got up i had to stay one more night went down to recheck in and also showed pics wasn't even told sorry just told they would let house keeping know...Then a little later that morning maid brought towels the first towel i pick up had food stuck on it...Went down stairs to front desk and showed them the towel and told them again about everything was told again they would let maids know..They didnt even offer me anything the towel i brought to show i asked if i could get a new one they said the have none at desk and would have one brought to me and was never brought to me...

Food was good

Knock knock
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for a late check out, 12 o clock was the latest without a fee. At 11:05 they were knocking to clean, then 11:15, 11:25, 11:30 kept telling them we have a late checkout. 11:45 knock knock, didn't appreciate that.

Inexpensive

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Decent place to stop over on our way to Vegas from Portland.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Room rate was great, but the price we paid was twice as much with resort tax! Also, we arrived around 9pm, and the buffet was already closed. We had to order room service which took over an hour to arrive. Food was good though!

Large room provided plenty of space for all 4 of us!

not impressed
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel very loud all night long. Pool very, very dirty. Kids weren't allowed in hot tub. Bathroom floor hair all over it from not being cleaned. Carpet in room stained and dirty. no fridge in room. and no room service menu. Buffett no good and to expensive.

nice looking rooms

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

I will definitely stay here again.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't find anything that I didn't like.

Super fast check in, friendly staff and knowledgeable on where to park so we could also see our car from the tower and easy entrance to come in to find our room.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Big rooms, good equipped, really nice bathroom.
    • Premiere King Room

Incredible noisy. One side highway, other side trains and the windows are not made to keep noise outside. No fridge in the room.

Big rooms, good equipped, really nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Location was a good home base for going to different resorts...
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

No microwave inside the room.

Location was a good home base for going to different resorts around Lake Tahoe. Staff were nice and friendly. Our room in the resort tower was big, perfect for a family with toddler children. Buffet options were limited and the food was average.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

The worst hotel I've ever stayed.
    • Premiere King Room

I do not recommend this hotel. It took 20mins to check-in. After long line, what I saw in the assigned room was that the room was not ready. The room cleaning did not done. Everything was left as previous customer left! Bed, Trash, bathroom and everything. I claimed at frontdesk immediately to assign another room. The front desk officer assigned new room WITHOUT any apologize. I was very surprised that I noticed she had a badge "Front Desk Manager". She is rude and nonprofessional. Anyway, I moved to second room. I was surprised again that an insect was in the room... Some other employee was also rude. I won't return this hotel again...

The room in the west tower is renovated. The room is roomy and king bed have enough big for two person.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Great Stay and Large Room!
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

The casino area is not so updated yet but not too concerned as we didn't gamble.

Very nice updated and large room, comfy bed and pillows! Very clean!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Happy hour at Oyster Bar,
    • Premiere King Room

Happy hour at Oyster Bar, UNDERSTAFFED!! waited for 14 minutes for ANY attention. Hate to see this great institution (been eating here 35 years) go down the tubes!! Cheers, Magic Matt Alan SiriusXM

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

I have been staying at the Nugget for years and this is the worst condition I have ever seen it in
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Bathroom was not very clean, a lot of hair from the guest before us all over the bathroom floor. Soap scum in the soap dish the whole time we were there. Pencil shavings sat there for two days not vacuumed up.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The last time we will stay at the nugget
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

When we first got to the nugget the four clerks at the front desk didn’t acknowledge us till 5 mins later. We received a room that had plumbing issues with the toilet also I didn’t like the survice at Rosie cafe, waited for our food for an hour and our friends food was forgotten about. It was sad that they didn’t do anything to make him feel better about them forgetting the food, this ruin his experience wit the nugget. Since we waiting for our friends food our food was cold and nasty. Never again.

I liked how both towers were connected by the pool and gym! Made it convenient for my family and I to join each other staying at opposite ends

Very good cost/quality ratio
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very good cost/quality ratio! Good breakfast available at reasonable price. Unfortunately, check-in needs endless searching for the front desk amongst the gambling machines. You might be surprised, or even frightened by some visitors (this is why we had not used the pool). And finally, our room view was just highway, making it very noisy.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The buffet brunch was fantastic.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was still being refurbished so the waiting time to get checked in was very long.

The buffet brunch was fantastic. Great value for the price we paid.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

We would stay again if we get back to Reno!!
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The construction we could have done without, and the parking was tight and confusing. The room was nice and comfy!

Food was okay..the hotel is still in the remodeling stage. Room was good and comfy!

Nice pool, room clean great price
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

When we arrived a bellhop took our luggage up. Gave us a valet parking ticket and said we could leave our car running out front and it would be taken care of. The next day we went to pick up our car with the ticket in hand and they could not find our car. We explained what happened the day before. My son in law went out front and low and behold there was our car unlocked with the keys in the the floor with the other half of our valley ticket with it. All night left in front with the keys in the car. We complained to vallet manager and he said he couldn’t do anything about it. Bad service. Then there was a bartender at the bar in front of Starbucks who was very rude to my daughter who said he just came on. She requested a strawberry daiquiri he said they had ran out of rum. Just continued to be rude to her and complain about his job

Nice pool, room clean great price

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The attention by the staff at Rosie's Cafe. Once sitted had to wait for someone to take your drink order. Had to ask for refills on coffee.

We enjoyed our stay. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

It was a great value for all the amenities that the property offers, even if you dont use them.

This location does have 100 hold fee, all refundable but it wasn't really specified in the notes on the location at the time of booking. It would be helpful if the booking.com could place what the hold fees would be especially if you are working off of a cash/debt card budget. It came as a bit of a surprise and at 2 am after 15 hours of driving would have been nice to know before, even though it was just a hold and would be returned to us. We could not pay cash only credit card transactions.

Loved the low price for such a nice room. LOVED that we were on the 28th floor, lots to look at out the room window. After a very very long ride in the car, the bed was soft and fell asleep fast. It was quiet and clean and the shower worked great. We had a very late/early checkin and the staff was able to accommodate it.

Not happy with hotel
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Very smokey inside, apparently my daughter was not allowed in the hot tub.. Seems like a bit of a double standard that they allow patrons to smoke inside but when it comes to using a hot tub you have to be 14... Not eve n putting your feet in the hot tub was allowed. I had no issues with my little one in the hot tub at other hotels. Also not very user friendly, we were never told valet service was free of you were a guest however we learned the hard way.

Rooms were comfortable, great air conditioning and mattress was comfortable too. Restaurant also had great food

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Although our stay was just 1 night, it was relaxing and refreshing.
    • Premiere King Room

I would like to see a couple of hooks in appropriate places in the bathroom to hang my cosmetics travel bag and a lighted magnifying mirror.

The size, location, number of windows and the view from our room.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Horrible. Go somewhere else!
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was not good at all. No fridge or closet. The headboards were torn and ripped. There was a pubic hair on my comforter. Most of the ice machines were broken, and no staff was helpful in solving that problem. The room was so small you couldn't even get to one side of one of the beds because it was against the wall. The pool was taken over by children every hour it was open, which was only until 10pm. I would not stay here again. Find a newer casino in Reno, it will be worth the cost!!

Literally nothing....

Good value
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

The service in the Rosie's Cafe was extremely slow.

The remodeled rooms in the Resort Tower are very nice. The bed was comfy and the shower was great. No complaints.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

If they could figure out food service they'd have a terrific place
    • Premiere King Room

Reprehensible service at Rosie's cafe--at 10pm I was sat at a counter (that I didn't want to sit at--the hostess was at great pains to not put me at a table in the empty restaurant) and then didn't hear so much as a word from waitstaff for 20 minutes. Not even a glass of water. Went back to the hostess station, asked for and got a table, and it took ANOTHER 15 minutes for someone to take my order. Waitstaff was there--I saw them walk by multiple times.

Lovely room for the price we paid.

Ok
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

All the dust & dirt was crazy. I understand it was under construction but they couldve done way better at noise control & dust/dirt control. I've been at other hotels that were under construction & you could hardly tell.

The staff was amazing but the slot machines were so tight! Everyone i talked to that night had lost 300+ dollars.. If you are going there to gamble DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

It was fine overall
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

The staff could have been a bit friendlier and actually knew what time you could actually check in rather say come back an hour and nothing be available.

The hotel was modern and clean

We might come back.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Food at Rosies was poor at best. Lots of problems with staff. Should have gone off property to eat.

Beds were nice and roomy. Room clean. Enjoyed pool and hot tub. Poolside staff Very friendly and helpful.

Cheap room rate.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

No microwave whatsoever on premises. Sloppy room preparation/ cleaning before check-in. Chaotic car valet is highly unorganized.

Cheap room rate. Fantastic casino combination. Car valet employees are super polite and helpful, just need some organizational guidance.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

I would recommend this place to friends and family!
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

The bed was a little too hard for me but not too bad

The rooms were big, the staff was friendly! The hotel looks nice with the new lobby, clean and simple. The pool was nice, the kids loved it.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Nice hotel enjoyed our stay just a shame no choice of food for vegans and gluten intolorance
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough choice of food. I'm gluton intolerance and there was no bread or rolls or toast....a couple of meals were ok but no breakfast choice. Also my wifevis vegan and could only have salad. In this day and age is not good enough. And because if this I would not stay again sorry.

Friendly hotel and good service for drinks atvthe tables and slots.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Staycation
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Some of the same where rude and distant, service was extremely slow at oyster bar and rosies. No comp drinks while gambling . Never saw cocktail waitress.

The location and the room

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Not the best experience. This was my first time staying at this place I will give them a second cha.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Receptionist was not polite at all he didn’t give me any information about the place not even about parking. Not the best customer service experience. I can not say much about the place I only use the hotel room to sleep didn’t use any of the amenities. Room was fearly clean window was dirty.

Only one toilet paper in the bathroom not good for 3 or 4 people.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

The staff was very friendly
    • Premiere King Room

Whatever detergent is used on those sheets should not be used again. I got a rash one day I was just napping and the other day I was just laying on top of the bed thank goodness I brought my own blanket but I have never gotten a rash and it was all down one whole arm, my face and neck I was in a bit of a panic had to rinse with some cold water to calm it down.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Stayed in town for a memorial. Unfortunately the place is run down and the place should rest in peac
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They didn't mention construction going on. Hotel drop off was crowded and we had to go park completely first to check in. Finally, the floor is confusing. We got lost several times. The hotel staff...gave very poor direction A as well

The beds were comfortable and the view.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Price of $24 a night was great!
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lobby & checkin area was under construction and lines were 20+ minutes long at 10:30PM! Walls were so thin we could hear talking in the next room. Self parking was ~3 blocks away. Valet was very slow (20 min to get car at 9AM) Build time in for this if you're flying! Rooms were long long ways away. Was told room 365 had a great city view. NO it was a view of the roof & retaining wall! Check in agent was ineffective & didn't know what she was doing.

Price of $24 a night was great! Should have known there was a reason!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Stay somewhere else if you book through a third party.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very disrespectful to costumers that book through a third party. Put us in a smoking room when we didn’t request it. Tried increase our cost when we tried to request a non smoking.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

They blocked off two floors parking in the parking garage...
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

They blocked off two floors parking in the parking garage for a special event and the valet services were turning away guess that had paid to stay there had to park almost a mile away and walk in.

Very happy
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Only thing I didn’t like was that we had to walk sooo far for ice. We were at the complete opposite end of the hallway.

I booked this hotel last minute literally 3 hours before I needed to check in. And the price AMAZED me!!! Very clean, very nice staff. Valet and bell service was so fast. I did not wait more than 5 mins for my car. My first time staying here and they will forever have my business!!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Had a great time, good food nice clean room.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

I enjoyed the experience. The only negative I can point out was congestion at the valet parking/check in drive up. Maybe at the next remodel this can be addressed. Get there a bit early.

There was a new chef at the noodles and sushi restaurant and he didn't know how to make the seafood fried rice. He tried three times and failed. Supervisor came and made it right . She ended up buying me a cheese burger. This is how I want to be treated. She was patient, polite and attentive. She fixed the problem with the chef by having someone teach him the dish without attracting any negative attention. This is the caliber of people that I appreciate dealing with. So you can let her know, this was on June 21st at around 8:00 pm. Great Job

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Room smelled like sewer and the smoke alarm in room kept...
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

Room smelled like sewer and the smoke alarm in room kept chirping called several times for maintenance had to change rooms in middle of nightlife. The staff was not helpful. Won’t be staying there anytime soon. Hotel was in middle of remodel.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

A decent place that is a little out of the way.
    • Premiere King Room

Too far away to walk for any real points of interest. It looks as if the area will soon have a movie theater nearby, but was still under construction when we visited. I guess if you have a car, it isn't a problem. If you don't have a car, you might find yourself board if gambling isn't your idea of a good time.

The place is affordable. It was about what we expected for what we paid.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

That it didn't say loud and clear that the taxes for the...

That it didn't say loud and clear that the taxes for the room we booked were higher than the price of the room on booking.com. They didn't mention at at the hotel and they gave a very confusing receipt, so we got some surprise when the rooms we had booked turned out to be far over double than what we had thought they would be.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

The property was really great especially for the price.
    • Resort Tower Queen - Non Smoking

The only issue was maybe the surrounding area, it was next to a train depot which isn’t too bad, and on the other side is a highway but looking past those things Is a very amazing view of sparks and Reno.

The property was really great especially for the price. Payed a cheap price for a cheap hotel in a really great casino hotel that was comfortable. It’s really tall and has a really great view of Reno. The workout facility was large and had a lot to do for a full workout. The pool and hot tub were also very nice and cool to be at. The hotel was also very close to food like In-N-out burger so that was convenient. Very hard to find a bad thing about the hotel especially for the price, you can’t complain.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Good place to stay if you don't want to be in Reno itself.

No microwave and/or fridge

The hotel is located in Sparks which is close to Reno. The room was very comfortable located on the 21st floor. The only construction, was the lobby and they did not interrupt movement of any hotel guests. It was a VERY busy hotel/casino. As smoking is permitted in the casino it can be very difficult for anyone with breathing problems. Ate at 'Annies' there are two other restraunts. Food was good and varied All staff did theie best to make people happy and did it with a great smile.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

It was comfortable and good value.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Difficult to get the tub to drain (room 1346 I believe) Difficult to get Pan Roast (from the Oyster Bar) after 9 PM on Thursday night.

Bed was great.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Absolutely excellant
    • Premiere King Room

The air conditioning in my room i do believe needs updating as i couldn't get it cooled off

Ate in Rosies Cafe,,food and staff was excellant,,gambled a little,cocktail waitress and attendants were also great,,my only drawback was the air conditioning in my room lacked attention,,i was quite warm and tried to get it to cool off but couldn't,otherwise absolutely excellant experince

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Outdated casino
    • Premiere King Room

Too noisy in the lobby currently. outdated slot machines. We waves are housekeeping fee for restaurant discount or discount on fee for hotel never received either.

Rooms are nice. great price.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Great overnight stay
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

At the time of booking, the Resort Tower Room was $8 cheaper than the Premiere Rooms. At the front desk during check in, I was told the Premiere Rooms are much better, but the upgrade price at the desk will be $30, would have preferred to book the Premiere Room from the start. It's a Casino Hotel so a lot of smoke spills into the lobby area.

Comfortable beds, nice bathroom and it's a huge upgrade from all the motels along the highway. Free undercover parking and the views from the higher floors.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

The price agreed was very cheap
    • Premiere King Room

The checkin was horrible. We waited possibly 40 minutes, parked like cattle to be finally “greeted”. When we asked “what happened” to the front desk agent, Galen from Healy, Arkansas, he seemed puzzled by the question. He even told us that “he was confused”, as if we were too demanding. Next time Galen, a genuine apology and a bit of kindness would have done great! The room was at the image of the check in... awful! Blood stains at the entrance, clogged bathtub and the shower head so powerful we thought it would drill over our skin. The Nugget Casino Resort may as well be the shadow of what it used to be.

The price agreed was very cheap

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

It was a great value for what we got;
    • Premiere King Room

I wish they had a free breakfast considering we had to pay a resort fee anyway as a lot of hotels offer that amenity these days. A bit of a long walk from the parking garage to our room carrying our bags. I wish check in was a little bit easier as it was crowded out front with alot of cars waiting.

It was a great value for what we got; must have been a special rate on Monday night. The room was nice and clean and had a nice view of the mountains. Great location on our way to Reno for the week. We needed a place for one night and the Nugget definitely worked out for our needs.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Elsa was our waitress in the Oyster Bar and she was...
    • Resort Tower King - Non Smoking

Lobby under construction during our visit

Elsa was our waitress in the Oyster Bar and she was fantastic Kathleen from Sacramento on her second day there was very approachable and answered our questions All employees at the Oyster Bar: two thumbs up!!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Great price but not worth the stay
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was in the middle of a renovation. All of the restaurants we wanted to go to were closed. The air conditioning did not work well and all 3 of us were hot all night. Not good air conditioning, night life was disappointing, bad location

The price was good

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Overall a good stay and suites our purposes.
    • Premiere Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could have put a fridge in the room. The coffee was not good. Change brands.

I planned on coming to Reno and wanted to come a day or two early. Went to Booking.com and was able to book 1 night at a very reasonable rate. They are working on upgrading the lobby so there is a bit of construction going on. Check in was easy and we were able to get to our room quickly. The room was very comfortable, although I would have liked a fridge in the room. The bed was firm and I slept very well. Check out was easy, valet took a little time but they were busy. I would stay here again.

Browse Nugget Casino Resort Traveler Photo Gallery