2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Minnesota hotel reviews
  4. Rochester hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Kahler Inn and Suites

Reviews of Kahler Inn and Suites This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

9 3rd Avenue Northwest, Rochester, MN 55901, United States of America

#33 of 51 hotels in Rochester

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

It's a good place to stay if being seen at the Mayo clinic.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the pillows were way too soft, the breakfast was ok, same thing everyday and hard for the people working there to keep up. Need more staff. One night at the restaurant, they stopped letting people be seated because they couldn't keep up in the kitchen. It wasn't even terribly busy. It would be nice if they didn't charge for parking, people are already having $ issues if they are being seen at the Mayo clinic.

It was so great being connected to the Mayo Clinic by the subway. Never have to worry about going outside in the cold unless you want to. The rooms appeared clean.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Ok except for faulty heater.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room heater didn’t work. They replaced it twice and still didn’t work. After an hour of maintenance worker with us we moved to a better room. Our evening was not pleasant!

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

We enjoyed the stay, and would definitely stay there again!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The variety in the breakfast choices could have been better, although it was perfectly adequate and there were choices. Good yogurt and fruit.

The room was very comfortable. The breakfast was OK, but there wasn't any variety in the meat and egg choices. Great coffee! We liked the location, and the fact that we were connected by underground corridors to the places we needed to go.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Convenient, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel with friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was hoping to sit, relax and relieve some stress in the hot tub but it wasn’t available due to maintenance for the two nights I was there .

my Vehicle broke down, needed a tow and overnight service unexpectedly. I was left without transportation. The staff let me check in earlier (after getting a shuttle ride from the dealership) so I didn’t have to carry my luggage all around with me to appointments. I was thankful.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Great place to stay for Dr appts.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The underground parking has low clearance and my roof rack scraped on the sprinkler system pipes. You have to pay $14 per day to park.

Close access to Mayo Clinic. Connected by the subway level walkway, never even had to go outside in the cold. The breakfast is very good. Place is very quiet.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Great service and love the fact you have pack and plays...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great service and love the fact you have pack and plays available for the little ones. Makes it easier and I don’t have to pack ours. If your coming for Mayo Clinic Appointments this hotel is the place to stay; access to the clinic through subway and great places to eat within walking distance. Highly recommend!!

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

I’ve stayed at better.
    • Kitchenette Suite with two Queen Beds

Room was dirty!! Hot tub was out of order! Pull out bed was so gross and dirty! Not worth what we paid at all!

Breakfast was great! Shower was great

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

The breakfast area was more user friendly than in the past.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was very small. The tub needs replacing.

The breakfast area was more user friendly than in the past. Improvements were noted.the staff was more customer friendly.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

Wont stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The way our complaint was not handled. We told the staff and they did nothing. We were up all night with the alarm going off every 20 seconds roughly. Very annoying. It started roughly at 2:30 am for a couple hours until the battery went dead.

Location to Clinic

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Tin. It was good enough for what we needed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Poor English speaking front desk. Food was too expensive. Pillows were hard as rocks. Heating was not easy to operate.

The hotel was convenient to the Mayo facilities

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Short and sweet. Just what I was looking for.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Main floor men's lounge under construction meant a trip to the 2nd floor pool area. Almost didn't make it, could have been advised to return to my room as the route to the pool area men's room is a bit circuitous.

Spouse remarked that it was the quietest stay we've ever enjoyed. No hall doors slamming all night, kids running up and down...nice. Location unsurpassed for a convenient trip to Mayo.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Connected to Mayo Clinic
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Friend said they received discount when being seen at mayo, I was told I was unable to bring I went thru booking.com. Balony, I had stayed at a bad hotel thru booking.com and they gave me a discount, it was just an excuse for kahler not to.

Connected to Mayo Clinic

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

we were very happy with our stay, will stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nothing, everything met our expectations

The sausage was not too spicy, the eggs were fluffy not overdone and dry, the fruit was fresh and the coffee was hot.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Right across the street from the hospital so it was very...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It did seem to be an older hotel that could use updating. However it was clean and provided a nice place to sleep.

Right across the street from the hospital so it was very convenient for family. Also nice food/coffee choices on site. Restaurant, caribou, jimmy johns as well as hot breakfast

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Our stay was okay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were there a week and two of those days, there was no bath mat. There were cobwebs near the ceiling. The hot and cold water lines were reversed in the sink. There were no tea bags in the room. The first time we stayed at the Kahler Inn and Suites we were in Room 419 and the heat fan was quite loud. The second time we stayed, we were in Room 219. The one bed squeaked every time you moved. Both rooms, and probably all of the rooms, need to be updated.

We liked the ease of getting to the subway level and the ease of getting to the Methodist Hospital by just walking across the street.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Location is great.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower was at 1.7 meters height. This means most men should have a bath on their knees...We asked and there weren't better rooms, or the counter men didn't want to solve it. Air conditioning was noisy. The bathroom in general was old and not so nice. The swimming pool is very small and water doesn't look clear (we decided not to try...)

Location is great. Breakfast is very good. Staff at the breakfast is great. CB3 restaurant is comfortable and convenient.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

A nice place to stay if you will be going to the clinics. Very convenient!!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The heating. It was either hot or cold. You couldn't adjust the heat. New mattress would be good. The parking garage was dangerous!

Staff was great. At breakfast, the selection was good. Pat Little and Cheryl are so cheery and helpful. They were very efficient in cleaning the tables and replenishing the food. The front desk staff on Nov. 10, 11,12,13 we're really good, but I didn't get their names. Loved location to the clinics. We appreciated the $5 credit for not having room cleaned. We liked the attached restaurant!!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

The room was large and very comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was friendly, but not overly wanting to help. The hotel was nice and the location is great especially for Mayo Methodist. The hotel is in need of a remodel.

The room was large and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

All in all, a very decent place to stay when going to Mayo. We would stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot food at breakfast was not very hot. Eggs were probably powdered, but not very good in any case. I especially did not like having Fox News on in the dining area. That's my personal bias, but in a state known for fairness and at a Clinic with such a distinguished reputation, I was disappointed that Fox was on.

Location very convenient, especially for those here to go to the Clinic. Breakfast was average but offered many choices.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Clean and easy location for Mayo access
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were not that comfortable for us. Also, showers at 7am and 8:30am were not warm. There were not ice cold, but definitely not as warm as I would expect for anyone without high expectations.

We really appreciated the location being so close to all of our Mayo appointments. Additionally, it was really easy to find everything we needed within walking distance. Caribou Coffee and Jimmy John's on the lobby level were such an added bonus! We had an excellent dinner nearby at Pescara and Walgreens was close to grab a few items.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

I would stay here again. The good outweighs the bad.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

There was mold in our room, the beds were extremely hard and the bathroom didn't look like it had been cleaned. I don't like the parking garage either. The ceilings are low and the spaces are small and everybody ends up double parked. And for a hotel this size there aren't many parking spaces.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I like the convenience of having the subway level to get to and from the Mayo Clinic without having to go outside. I like the restaurants that are attached.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Short Mayo visit
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are a little dated but comfortable. I was told they are scheduled for an upgrade soon.

Hotel is connected to Mayo by tunnels so extremely convenient if you have appointments.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

When we have to come back, we will stay here!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was helpful, the location was AMAZING for access to the Gonda and Mayo buildings. Easy access to walking trails, great restaurants within easy walking distance--historic 3rd ave was great. Loved the option of not having housekeeping services and saving $5 each night. Breakfast wasn't super great, but totally filled the stomach each morning. Room was large, clean and quiet, they are generous with towels and information about where to go. LOVE having Caribou Coffee in the lobby!

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

It was relative a good stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast needs some improvement. The rooms need to be updated. The bathrooms are very small especially for a disabled person. There are not enough handicap rooms as most of the time when I request one they don't have any remaining..

The location of the property is excellent for those who have appointments at Mayo Clinic. The restaurant has excellent food. The atmosphere around the hotel is excellent for walking around and relaxing..

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

The breakfast room is hard to find.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast room is hard to find. More signage from the elevators on 2. The food is mediocure at best. No the eggs were not fluffy!!! Newspapers should be available out side the door. Coffee should be available at both ends of a very long room.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Pleasant staff, comfortable and clean hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was very good, nice variety. Beds were comfortable just right amount of firmness. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

The proximity to the Mayo Clinic was why I chose this place.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For $150 a night, I expected more than a dribble of hot water out of the sink. I left the water running for over 20 minutes full bore and it never got hot, however the shower was very good.

Many amenities in the room, most of which I never used

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Good location..all else below average and little bit overpriced.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

Cleaners didnt clean rooms well, we could find a lot of dust and empty cups underneath the bed. Breakfast is not good.. one day you would be missing spoons..one day food is very cold.. one day staff is little bit rude.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Everything about this hotel came right up to expectation. I'd recommend it for medical stays.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was quite fine. Keep in mind that this hotel is a convenience spot for business in Rochester. It is not a destination hotel...

A very moderate price for a hotel directly connected to Mayo Clinic. Once you've arrived, there is no need to go outside for medical appointments, restaurants, art exhibits, or shopping.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Affordable Option in Great Location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Decor and amenities were a bit dated and some minor issues like a leaky faucet were present but ultimately not too much of an issue.

Very affordable, close to everything, Caribou Coffee right inside the hotel.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Great facility—convenient and comfortable.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

Okay, this is one I occurrence that just hit me wrong. The front desk man, let’s call him Mr. D, a tall, thin, serious young man, quite professional in his comportment, but not so much in his demeanor. I did not see him smile once, including our check in and check out for two visits over three weeks. While this was bothersome, what he told an elderly customer, checking in after a long day, was really troubling. The lady was checking in from the airport and asked if she could extend her stay from Wednesday through Saturday. He told her he could accommodate her on Friday and Saturday but she would have to go elsewhere on Thursday night (he told her this in a less than sympathetic way). She asked asked if he could check with the Kahler Grand to see if they had availability for that night and he said “no, we have no way to do that. You would have to contact them yourself.” I could not believe his answer. Seriously? You can’t even check with a sister property? Unbelievable (I might expect this at a Hyatt or a Hilton but not a family owned local hotel who prides itself with differentiation on price AND service). Here was a chance to actually help a customer who was clearly there for medical treatment, tired after a long day of travel—when all it would have taken would have been a quick call from one front desk to another. I don’t want to create a problem for your check in staff—I’m sure it is often a thankless job—but PLEASE instill upon them the importance of a friendly greeting and a helpful smile when a weary traveler walks up to the desk. And encourage them to put themselves in place if their customers (how would they want to be treated?). In fairness, I might also add that another front desk employee whose name I did not get (shorter, stocky with longer hair) and a woman with long dark hair were both quite courteous as I observed them several times helping guests.

Best waffles in Rochester! Breakfast and breakfast staff were excellent. Location was priceless since much of our days were spent in the Mayo and Gonda buildings and that Subway Level was wonderful! Also was nice to have Jimmy Johns and Caribou connected to the lobby. Housekeeping staff was always friendly.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Pleasant stay. Staff was exceptional!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking to register at desk...

Bed was great! Quiet area of hotel. Cleanliness. The help from staff for patiently answering questions and help pushing husband (in wheelchair that was furnished).

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Good location. 👍 Blindsided with a rate increase. 👎
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast, the rate I reserved the room went up by $50.00 the second night. Will consider different reservation and hotel options. Not happy.

Location, room and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Over priced for the lower quality accommodations received.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is older and is showing wear and tear. The room was older, dingy and poorly lite. Not a good value for the price.

The hotel is conveniently located to the Mayo Clinic and is connected to the subway walking system. There was a nice breakfast included.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Great location for Mayo appts
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was awful. Very cramped small spaces. I couldn’t get out of the car and the cars around me were centered in the space. I backed out and parked in the Damon lot across the street - same price better parking

Great location for Mayo appts

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Very pleased with this hotel. I will stay there again if I am in Rochester..
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is only one restaurant in the hotel, plus a sandwich shop and coffee (Starbucks-like) shop. Restaurant menu gets boring after a week for those who cannot venture outside.

Staff was helpful and friendly, location is fantastic for the Mayo Clinic (connected by tunnel). Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

The location was perfect for us.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms could use some updates.

The location was perfect for us. The ease of nearby restaurants was helpful as well as the Caribou Coffee shop on premises.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Access to Subway was great.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very small room. Small sink in motel room rather than bathroom, thus no privacy. Drain stop in sink did not work properly Tile floor in elevator foyer not kept clean. Very few instructional signs in parking garage. Almost no exit signs. Need more handicap parking spacesin parking garage near lobby entrance.

Access to Subway was great. Was usually able to park close to entrance. Access to Jimmy Johns restaurant, CB3 Burgers and Brew restaurant and coffee shop.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

The staff of hotel were very helpful especially the General...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The carpets in the rooms were dated and need replacing but otherwise its good value for money especially for Mayo Patients.

The staff of hotel were very helpful especially the General Manager Ryan. He was able to extend our stay and clear up any miscommunications about payments. The hotel is opposite the Mayo buildings so great for patients. Also the bell guy David is super friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Very disappointed and frustrated
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Filthy room! Call asked to have it cleaned hair dust filth in bathroom corners, pink slime in corner by tub. Toilet was filthy dust and hair behind it. Slime and mold in back of fridge. They didn’t come and clean it but left me a bottle of cleaner. I called again and they asked me if I wanted just some rags or if I needed a mop too. 12.00 day parking.

Location of building

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

VERY limited, very tight parking that was $12 a night extra. The extra charge for parking wasn't noted on any web sites that we consulted. And once the few, very small parking spaces at the hotel were filled, you had to park a block away. The hot breakfast foods were not hot....and no microwave available that could have easily resolved the problem.

Location....across the street from our Mayo Clinic appointments.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Great staff; mediocre breakfast; facilities in need of improvement.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I feel this property is overpriced. The only reason my husband and I stay at the Kahler Inn is because of the convenience of getting to Mayo. The property needs a good face lift, including toilets that are confortable for senior citizens.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

On night of surgery at Mayo I was kept up for 4 hours by a...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

See above story. Unable to sleep due to location of room not offered a another room. Room smelled of mold. Staff never told us where the free breakfast was the entire time. We had two rooms and they couldn’t put us on the same floor.

On night of surgery at Mayo I was kept up for 4 hours by a loud compressor out my window. It started at 11:00 and didn’t end till around 2:00 am. Restaurant was having there kitchen cleaned. Last night radio from restaurant on loud all night I could hear it over my tv in my room. One bar of soap for the 4 days I stayed. Never had free breakfast or toldcwhere it was. Ad says there is free breakfast. Many times I went to front desk and no one was at the post . Room smelled of mold. The only good thing it was across from the Mayo Clinic

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Location to mayoclinic
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff are kind but very unknowledgeable. whatever question you have you need to wait for the manager and most of the times the manager is busy with other meetings. So whatever question you have will need a few hours to be answered.

Location to mayoclinic

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

A roomy suite, conveniently located
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

While it is great that parking is available, it was a little challenging driving through it and had very narrow stalls.

The bed was very comfortable. I really liked that it's a suite with plenty of room. It was great to have a decent continental breakfast included.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

We will stay here again if in Rochester.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There could have been more lighting in the room. An extra lamp in addition to the ones between the beds would have been great.

We were doing 3 days of appointments at Mayo across the street. It was so very convenient with even the subway to use during the rain. We ended up completing the tests early and were allowed to leave before check-out on day two without extra costs. That was extremely accommodating. We were happy to have breakfast available until 10. For those times when fasting was required for testing, we still could come back for breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Clean and quiet
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleaning people left personal beverages on the table in my room. The lighting in the hallways was a little dark

Easy access to subway and staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Quiet, comfortable, great value, excellent location.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They apparently didn’t receive my request for grab bars in the shower.

The price was better than expected, especially for such a great location and being connected to Mayo at the subway level.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

It's downtown.

Quite dated and tired. Surprised at this price at the current state of it; not suitable for business travelers. Most guests were elderly and probably attracted to close proximity to Mayo. Room HVAC doesn't cool properly, shower didn't drain. Everything in the room is old, old, old.

It's downtown.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

The staff was really wonderful and well-trained.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The morning breakfast was always the same. I just skipped it.

The staff was really wonderful and well-trained. Because most people are there to see doctors at the Mayo Clinic, it is a hotel brimming with emotion. They do a good job seeing to everyone's needs.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

It is our choice to stay even though we continue to have the same "What didn't you like?" points.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Long wait at front desk for check-in and questions, key card did not work, parking options, breakfast space, quality of food, crowded serving areas, food on chairs and floors

Beds and location

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Convient
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cost is rather high and the cost of parking has been added since our last stay.

Right across the street from the hospital. Love the Subway level for getting to appointments.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Just a place to sleep for visit to Mayo.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Needs a little fresh paint.

Could use a little freshening up. Floors in bathroom looked clean but not exceptional. Just an ordinary room and bathroom. Did not use breakfast facility, pool or fitness facility. Was there for visit to Mayo Clinic and so it was chosen for location mainly.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

If you’re looking for a hotel that is right close to Mayo, this is a great choice.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed here due to the fact that it’s right across the street from Mayo. We ate at the attached restaurant often and it was just a nice facility.I don’t like paying extra for parking and I having a free breakfast when I’m able to eat. You just can’t beat the ease of going across the street to Mayo, but you will pay the extra to be so close.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Convenient location but worn out furnishings and over priced.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

The carpet did not look like it had been vacuumed, the shower was dirty, the soapdish was chipped, the staff did not tell me about breakfast until inquired, there was a stain on the bedspread. I’m sorry to say this but, because I was exhausted I stayed otherwise I would’ve found other accommodations. It was not worth $180 a night, in my opinion.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Emergency trip
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

Could have been a little cleaner. Gentlemen at the front desk could've at least pretended he liked his job. Showers are impossible to use

The beds were comfortable. Liked the fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Close to Mayo
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were old and had a strange odor, like musty and old. Needs renovation. Breakfast was not good. Parking was horrible and ramp seemed unsafe.

Close to Mayo

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Sucked
    • Mini Suite with Two Queen Beds

No pool..couldve told me when we came in went there for granddaughter 6th birthday said it would be cleaned up by afternoon then by evening then by morning never was..had to go to front desk as when we called from our room no one answered

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Nice place
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was nice but it could use some updating. The bathrooms could stand a makeover.

Very convenient if you have appointments at the Mayo clinic. It was nice to have onsite parking.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Overall, very good, but cooling is a bit challenging to regulate.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upon entering and because of an event, I was asked if I had a parking pass. Have always parked and then received the pass at check-in. Like to park on site, even with the $12 daily fee. Am given to understand that a fee is becoming standard, but you have to search to find this information ahead of time.

Advantages are the location (access to Mayo property without going outside and easy ability to return to room between appointments) and breakfast (nice variety of food on site),

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Hotel not recommended!!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very outdated Hotel. The carpet stinks. Poor breakfast. No microwave in the room. It is a hotel that I would not recommend if you go for medical reasons for a medical city, such as the Rochester Mayo Clinic area. My reservation was for seven nights and it did not last even two. I had to go to another Hotel where cleanliness is a priority.

The only positive thing about this Hotel was the location (very near to Mayo Clinic) if this is your destiny.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Convenient place if you are there for Mayo clinic. Not good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hopeless breakfast. Very few choices. Swimming pool was like a children pool, only 3 feet in depth. This hotel is not value for money.

Very near to Mayo clinic so very convenient. WiFi and air conditioning was satisfactory. Tea/coffee making facilities were very elementary.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Terrible stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Went to er after being poisoned downstairs. Also breakfast was terrible. Very eager maintenance staff cuffs the guest cars as soon as they don’t see the parking pass.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Got poisoned at caribou coffee downstairs, terrible excuse of a breakfast, they cuff even the guest cars at the parking lot. Worst hotel i stayed in a long time

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Very convenient and clean hotel. Quiet. Staff was very accomodating.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was the same every day. Food was warm, but not hot. Breakfast area was very nice. Lots of seating. Pastries were cold like they were just taken out of refrigerator. Yogurt selection was primarily sweetened with artificial products---not natural.

Location near Mayo Clinic was much appreciated, especially subway tunnel to walk to Clinic appointments in hot weather/cold weather/inclement weather.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Unhappy to pay for parking and have My car broken into
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

my car was broken into and I called the Police and they did not show up I called the front desk they said they had secirty but no cameras I am not happy about that Wayne Tobolt 1263 Cypress Dr Annandale,MN .55302 Betty'sHusband

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Convenient to Mayo,
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot tub is the size of a large bathtub, and overloaded with chemicals. But, no apparent health issues.

Extremely convenient place to stay for a trip to Mayo. On the tunnel system. Staff is used to dealing with Mayo patients and accommodate their schedules nicely. Facility is a bit tired, but clean and neat.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Comfortable in every way
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

Just the situation we were placed in.

The desk clerk (Robert Smith) was a gem. Our registration through you apparently did not make it through the Kahler Hotels registration system, and we were informed by the system staff when we first arrived that we had to look for other lodging, since the Kahler Inn and Suites was booked solid for the night. We went over to the Mayo Building for our medical appointment, following which we came back to the Kahler to see whether they could tell us how this could have happened. Robert was the desk clerk, was dismayed by this, did a computer search, and quickly found our reservation. He set us up for our room, and was very apologetic for the inconvenience. We still don't know who was at fault for the fowl up, but were very thankful for Robert's assistance.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Staff pleasant & accomodating.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was cold (not heated?) & staff stated it was being cleaned. Water was murky & had a film on top.

Staff pleasant & accomodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Dirty place and crabby staff
    • Mini Suite with Two Queen Beds

The parking sucked. Maybe should be a warning before you arrive that tall vehicles don’t fit in their lot. The shower wall was broke and water was flooding the floor and onto our personal belongings in the main part of the room. No staff cared one bit. Nothing was offered for ruining our stuff that was in the floor by the luggage rack.

The location was good for the even we came for.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

It worked suited our needs for this event.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was lacking in maintaining available hot food. Parking is just horrible! Spaces very limited & so close you almost have to climb out your window once parked. It should be noted on your website that tall vehicles ie, pickups & SUVs do not fit in most of the garage areas. The staff was most helpful with info on this, but we would have definitely taken that into account when first booking.

The staff is very friendly & most helpful. The elevators come quickly.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Pleasant, spacious hotel- on subway to Mayo Clinic and downtown Rochester
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

Suites are spacious, hotel is very convenient To Mayo Clinic ( on subway) The pool is warm, The breakfast is great. Staff are helpful and very nice.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Old hotel in need of a major up date .
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Old and in need of updating. Also housekeeping failed to leave coffee for the next day. Sink had a stripped faucet and should be replaced.

Very quite room never heard anyone next door or out in the hall.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

We will stay there again.
    • Mini Suite with Two Queen Beds

Beds were comfortable. Suite had plenty of room. Cleaning lady's did excellent job. Front desk help was friendly and very helpful. Tunnel to the Mayo Clinic was wonderful especially since it was cold and windy outside.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

The continental breakfast was really well done.
    • Mini Suite with Two Double Beds

The under ground parking was a bit scary goingin and out of due to it being not very well lite and that it was traffic both with very narrow passageways for two cars. Plus you have to pay 12 dollars a night to park with them.

The continental breakfast was really well done.

We Price Match