Reviews of Kellogg Conference Hotel 3 stars

800 Florida Avenue NE, Northeast, Washington, DC 20002, USA

#117 of 138 hotels in Washington

• One Queen Bed Accessible

All the additional costs that were added on to the room rate - i.e. facility charge; facility charge tax (??); breakfast (when we were told it was included) and then we were asked to pay AFTER we had eaten.

Bed was very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

My group had a delay coming into DC. We tried calling the reception several times (because we were unsure if we would make it in time for check-in), leaving a message each time. Those messages were never returned. Bathroom was a bit dirty, with clumps of hair on the bath mat.

I enjoyed the breakfast, however was surprised to find that it was not complimentary. Once at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and the hotel is really nice in the common area.

Our room needed some TLC and the bed was so uncomfortable. There was a outlet with no cover. Their were wired coming from the room next door to our room, completely exposed.

Location was great and the grounds were beautiful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The Desk should be located further away from the Door and closer to the window.

This is a quiet, easy access to Metro DC area hotel. The in/out parking is better than valet service offered in other hotels (and cheaper).

Signage on the campus is bad, hard to find you have to ask. Also taxidrivr could not find entrance. More signage at entrance gate and on campus would be good

Excellent, Nice campus, Good restaurant/ bistro

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom fan was dirty. Told staff member at desk and she thanked me and made a note to have it checked.

The blackout curtains were great - slept until 8:30a - that never happens at home!

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

I didn't like the fact that there was no mentioning of what type of hotel this was. This hotel was designed for the deaf and other disabilities. Trying to locate the hotel was a bit troublesome as it is located on a gated campus for people with disabilities. The pictures in the room and in the halls of founders of the school were creepy and the bathroom was designed was the handicap. There is no parking on the campus but a parking deck is provided ( one has to walk to and from the parking deck with no convenient path) for a fee. Overall, we didn't enjoy the stay due to not being informed of the type of environment we needed to adapt.

I liked the fact that at least the room was cleaned.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast not included in our reservation (additional payment 16$ per person).

There is free shuttle bus from hotel to the Union station and back every cca 20minutes. Nice and helpful stuff.

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

There was never a manager available to deal with any of the issues we had. When I called back after my stay.I still wasn’t able to speak to a manager. One would think that a hotel of that size would have more than one manager on duty. When I asked to speak to a manager at checkout I was told that they weren’t on site that they would have to call her cell phone to get a hold of her

Room is noisy, room rate is sooo expensive and shower has mold. For the price of the room, more cleanliness is needed.

I liked that it was on campus so we could attend out daughters graduation. The staff is always helpful, kind and knowledgeable. The bed is comfy.

More selections in Bistro. Got a little tired of the same food selection each day. Cold cereal with bananas. Waffles wold be nice every once in a while. The fresh fruit was excellent . Need a few more grain and sprout breads for people who are diabetic.

Poor lighting unless you were directly by the lamp. There is a real need for overhead fans in the rooms to help circulate the air.

The only thing that could be a bit better are the bathrooms need a little updated. The water was hard to keep at the right temperature. But really not complaining just you asked for what I would recommend.

I booked 13 rooms here to attend the recent meeting at the Washington Convention center. The staff was all very helpful and they all really assisted me with everything I needed. I would highly recommend this property to anyone that asked. Thank you all at the Kellogg hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

$30 A NIGHT to park No microwave or fridge $20 breakfast Resort fee that I was not told about until checkout Staff couldn’t answer questions about parking. The hotel is not associated with campus. I got lost at night finding the hotel parking and walking back from the garage to my room. There was no one there to help me. Too understaffed to ever answer the phones when i called the front desk so I had to constantly go downstairs for requests like extra towels or more coffee

Basic room. Not bad but not special either.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The Ventilation System in the room is very noisy. Shuttle bus Services starts late on Weekend Mornings.

Comfortable beds. Shuttle bus to Union Station was convenient during the week.

The bathroom was not clean, and the constant water leakage did not let me sleep well! The broken parts of the walls have not even been painted! It was like a prison! There was no refrigerator inside the rooms. The mattress was not that much comfortable. I am surprised about the other people who voted around ~8/10! If the payment were less than $100, I would not mind to come back and leave some comments, but I do not know why you are charging for every single point that it was not right there.

The pictures on the walls were interesting!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hard to find the location, because not noted that it is inside of the university campus

The closeness to the downtown, quite fare price for the stay, calm and peaceful environment

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

30$ parking fee in addition to staying there dont think it is fair that hotel guest have to pay for parking on top of hotel bill.

Facility was very clean well kept.

The floor in the shower could have been cleaner. It is that fiberglass stuff with the raised bumps to help avoid slipping. At my house, I use Mr. Clean Eraser. Good stuff.

Excellent bed. Comfy pillows, soft towels. The coffee maker and hair dryer were missing from the room. We didn’t notice it till morning. They said they would bring up replacements but I didn’t need it at that point.

There is no room service but this is an easy adjustment to make. We were never really there for staycation anyway.

The convenience of having a shuttle that takes you to union station at regular intervals. Was also a very well maintained hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I did not like the check-in and checkout timings. The check-in time was 04.00 pm and the check-out time was 11.00 am. It was inconvenient. Also, when I wanted to an early check-in I was denied.

I was staying in the hotel with my family for two nights. Our stay was comfortable. The facilities are nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Coffee machine was dirty would not make any coffee in that machine! Did not like the fact there was no refrigerator, whats the reason behind this! Price for parking was expensive whould be good if this was covered under reservation, very disappointed about this.

Gym, noise level.

• Executive Queen Room

They could have kept the executive snack area stacked with more water, however everything else was good.

Clean, accessible, friendly staff. Overall, great experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Price is overrated. Parking fees are ridiculously high and somehow subtle in the "facilities" section of Booking.com. Rookie front desk staff as if its a training platform for their students.

the calmness of the surrounding

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There were no fridges in the rooms and the onsite Bistro wasn't open on Saturday night when we arrived. Though the front desk staff was very friendly, the other staff were challenging. Friday night while we were showering, someone started pounding on our door--turns out it was maintenance to deal with a leaking ceiling--no call to let us know they were coming up. The same thing happened the next morning when the maid pounded on our door at 7:45 am and started using our doorbell (that flickers the lights) to let us know she was outside. We also didn't know that we'd have to pay $30 to park in addition to our hotel rate.

The Kellogg was located in a prime spot with comfortable beds and clean rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The sink leaked a little, which we reported to maintenance. There was a homeless man who used the parking ramp as a toilet. Might need cameras so front desk staff can keep an eye on the cars.

Very comfortable beds, nice big room, the free shuttle to Union Station was awesome so we could use the DC Metro system & not have to park downtown. Very quiet hotel & great value for DC.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We pay and everything when We went to the room the car doesn't work for open the door I hate go doible time back just bc they dont do th job right

Well I like becouse is clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No where in the description did it tell of the walk from the garage to the hotel. We arrived late in the night and I was traveling alone with my three young children, so the walk from the garage to the hotel with them and all our luggage was difficult. Small beds. No refrigerator. Shuttle staff were rude about accommodating our double stroller. The bistro closed by 930a, making getting downstairs to breakfast impossible with 3 young children.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Paid parking. Price of continental breakfast was ridiculous, tourists aren’t used to the extra high priced breakfast that comes FREE at any other tourist city.

Location, not too far from center D.C. Also, it was very quiet, somewhat separated from the bustling town!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

like i said the prices were ridiculous they don’t tell you that you have to pay $30 a night for parking so your vehicle don’t get towed off. and i the ac and heater didn’t work and we told them as soon as we got to the room and refused to give us a new room with one that worked

it was clean and stuff but the prices were ridiculous! and they dont mention how you have to pay $30 a night for parking or they tow your vehicle. And the ac and heater didn’t work for crap i was sweating the whole time i was there

There is no lighting in the kitchen area so very dark (room 4100A) No offering of coffee for free which is common in hotels and a nice gesture Coffee maker in kitchen broke Wall in bathroom has broken white (have no idea what it is perhaps to hold a blowdryer)

I appreciated the staff ability to sign whom I found to be warm and friendly.

• Executive Queen Room

No WiFi

I didn’t realize until too late the windows open for fresh cooler air. The lights dim in hallway as people settle in for the night. Loved the setting of campus and convenience of union market.

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

You had to pay $30 to park in the parking garage 3 minute walk from the hotel, or if you didn’t want to pay that you had to find parking on the street

The rooms were very big and comfortable. Very clean facility

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bedroom was lovely but the beautiful bed was just a bit hard for me. The suite was beautiful, but there is a little issue with no hooks in the bathroom and the glass shower door did not close completely.

We had no breakfast, but we had a good burger for lunch. Suite was beautiful, wish the weather was better so we could have enjoyed the patio.

• One Queen Bed Accessible

The only surprise to me was the $30/night parking that I wasn't aware of, but everything else exceeded my expectations so much that I didn't even care. Worth the money!

Loved staying here. I was SO pleased with the entire experience. Breakfast was great, there was a snack room right outside our hotel we had free access to for our entire stay, the location on campus was gorgeous and right by a great place for any kind of food or drink called The Market!

I didn't like the customer service in fact I didn't even get to stay there they told me I didn't have a reservation they took my money and didn't even offer me a room for another night or offer me a room to stay to to make up for what money they took from me I called them several times they told me they would not give me my money back or give me a room so now I have no good things to say about them other than it was nice when I walk through the door.

Excellent hotel. Located right by train station and walking distance to everything we could have needed. I even left my phone and they found it and ship it to me

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No refrigerator or microwave in room. No pull out bed for extra people. $30!? Per night For parking. Overpriced for what you get.

The beds were comfortable. Hotel was quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The cleanliness of the room and bathroom. I stayed for 4 days, room was never vacuumed, after 1st day never received another bathmat. I had to use a towel. When I arrived, I went to take a shower and the tub was full of hair. The second day, the sink and countrr were left dirty. Lastly, I do not believe my sheets were ever changed. The restaurant food was sub par.

The frontdesk staff was helpfull and efficient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was too expensive for how it looked. The bathroom was a little dirty. The room never got warm. Asked for a comforter and they never came to my room.

I liked the breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The transportation wasn’t “within a 3 mile radius” unless you scheduled a different bus. This information wasn’t available until after having stayed several days, would’ve been nice to have that information at the start of the trip. Didn’t find out there was bus “card” for sale there until the second to last day...again, would’ve been nice to know at the start.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We wasn't provided a shuttle like promised. And had to uber everywhere. The location is several miles from anything. The hotel is located at a deaf school and majority of the staff communicated in sign language so it was very hard to communicate with them. The cleaning staff woke us up every day at 7 am to clean the room. The breakfast was not complimentary and not worth 8.75 for fruit and toast. The manager was only available for certain hours and did not respond to our calls about our issues. There was a camera setup in the room. We turned it to face the wall. Housekeeping came in our room when asked not to while we were gone and didn't even clean anything. So not sure why she was in our room. We were very dissatisfied about this trip. Our first trip to DC.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

One thing problem internet and plug/usb when we put plug our cell and tables are very slow...as my apple charger base very hot....I went to another place by one floor it is fine. I told front desk that plugs something wrong. They said sorry and you have pull Apple charger base and wait cool. I told them often they will fix I told them we will leave yesterday morning.for fly back home. #5201

Very good they are American Sign Language pretty good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff in reception were i'm afraid a bit hit & miss not very interested in being of any help to strangers to their city , not very forthcoming with information & we were quite disappointed

We really enjoyed our stay here.The shuttle bus drivers were so very kind, friendly & patient not just to us but to all their passengers back & forth to Union Station & are a credit to the University, the evening staff on March 8th & morning staff of March 9th were very helpful. The restaurant staff were lovely , kind & very accomodating & even taught us some sign language

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The counter staff are not super informative, but I think they are students, so maybe not very experienced. Parking is in another building and costs 30 dollars. Which is fine, but I wish it is noted on the booking information. Overall I will recommend and stay at this hotel again.

They offered shuttle buses between the Union Station and the campus, which saves us a lot of trouble to find parking downtown. It's quiet, clean and comfortable, will use again.

Revised shuttle service. Internet service would not connect to my laptop causing a delay in my report writing. Business center PC stations pass words would not work. I could not get help due to the Desk manager being tied up with another customer that needed assistance.

Quiet comfortable room. Front desk staff.

• One Queen Bed Accessible

The hotel is located on a university campus but there needs to be clear directions on how to get the the hotel because it’s located in the back. Also parking is a disaster, there is a parking deck that is about 1 mike away from the hotel that you have to pay $30 to park in.

The hotel was beautiful.

My room was not ready when expected. I had to wait about an hour for my room to be ready although everyone else that checked in went immediately up to their rooms. When we got to our room the carpet on half of the room by the windows was soaking wet as if the window was leaking. We stayed two nights and are wet towels and washcloths were taken away but not replaced. The front desk did not have any extra linens so on our second night we did not have bathmats washcloths and hand towels.

Location was good. It was easy to park my car and take a shuttle to the metro. Hotels is in a secure location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

1-We stayed 2 nights and 2nd day when we came to room there were no towels in our room. We requested hotel staff several times but they not provide towels. Very bad service 2- No body pick the reception phone. 3- no body pick hotel numbers at all 4- location is inside the University Compus. Most taxi driver or Lyft driver don’t know about this hotel 5- Market very far from this hotel.

Big rooms Clean Shuttle service is very good to union station Reception staff is friendly.

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

cracked wash basin in he bathroom ,no support fixtures for the elderly in the tub or shower ,no refrigerator ,had to request luggage caddy ,

Quiet setting of location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

- The breakfast was no good - No fridge in room and main sport channels - The shower pressure needs to be like 3x as much

- Friendly staff and atmosphere where the hotel is situated - Shuttle bus everyday into town

I did not like breakfast ordering. Either mistake by a hotel or by booking. I had an option to pay 8USD in advance, which I did. But then I got a bill for 15USD right after breakfast. There are two options for breakfast and nobody told us about it in advance. Sure, there were small labels in a catering room with different prices but actually I did not read all lables because I have never experienced double price for a breakfast. It would be nice if booking give both options or someone told us about it at hotel. Another this I generally do not like is the non-ajustable AC. We do not use it at home during the night because of noice. But the AC at a hotel was really laud and you could hear flowing air. Unfortunatelly, this is general problem in US where waisting of energy (AC) is more ofter than energy saving (simply open window)

Hotel is 10 minutes far from a metro station. Neibourhoods does not look clean and safe but the hotel itself is directly at university campus. There is rental bike place near by. Hotel is clean and offers a gym. Our "small" room was really comfortable. It looks like I gave too negative feedback but our over feeling was like sleeping at home and we would return or recommend it to friends.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very great place and very beautiful. Especially I loved it beacause it was in the university special for deaf people. Had a very peaceful time there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

- Room Service attempted to clean our rooms by waking us up and knocking at 8:30am on a Sunday morning? Who does that? - No fridge in room

- The quiet environment of where the hotel is situated - The free shuttle bus service into town

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

The room itself was old and needs a makeover, no breakfast, no vending machines, and $30 to park in the parking garage.

I liked the pillows, they had 4 to a bed. They were fluffy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was unaware of extra money being held i wasn’t informed on that part. And the bathroom was very clean and nice just small. But overall it wasn’t nice.

I liked how clean everything was and the staff was awesome answered all my questions

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The parking to the hotel is in the parking garage, which was a short bit of a walk away to the hotel. We went end of December, so that was a very frigid walk, but if you stay during warmer months, it should be no problem at all. The hotel was also tough to find (from the road)! You need to actually go into the college campus. When booking this hotel, I was under the assumption it was separate from the campus. They should add road signs at the main college campus for Kellogg Conference Hotel.

The price was fantastic. My friends and I stayed here after a night at Echostage. The Uber was under 10 bucks. The beds were very comfortable.

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

Parking is in a garage far from th hotel entrance. Wasn’t happy about that. Asad was great! Darlene was very nice but did not assist when asked. We called 4xs for clean towels the night of our check-in and she kept telling us she would call us back and never did. When we called the last time, she said they didn’t have any (11pm). What hotel doesn’t have clean towels for their guests. I was REALLY upset about that. The next morning, we called the front desk 3xs and no one answered. We also had a housekeeping staff member come into our room with the DND sign on the door. Worst customer service I’ve had at any hotel I’ve stayed in. Most certainly won’t be back.

The smell of cheap deodorizer in the room. The parking is $30/night, which we did not notice when we booked the room. The parking is in open 3-store garage. It is too expensive. The coffee maker in the room was not working. There was no tea in the room, and at the reception it was $3.00 per tea or coffee from the coffee machine. Overpriced.

King size bed was very comfortable. Overall the hotel is nicely renovated. The room overall was good and clean and had a TV, heating, hairdryer, shampoo/ conditioner/ soap / body lotion.

The facility was in excellent shape. All areas were clean and fresh. The King bedroom was a good size and everything functioned well. The hotel is located within a University campus which was interesting to tour. The shuttle to and from Union station operated frequently and was easy to access. H street with restaurants and bars was a pleasant 10 minute walk away through a residential area. The best of the hotel was the staff, in particular Asadull who was extremely helpful and pleasant through our stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking is not free and have to pay 30$ per car per day.

The place was good, room was very spacious and clean. Parking is not free and have to pay 30$ per car per day.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The parking garage was a little ways from the hotel.

The bed was so comfortable! The hotel facilities were very clean! And the staff was very professional and friendly!

• One Queen Bed Accessible

The staff lost our reservation, they did not tell us anything about he hotel or where to find our room apoun check in. The forgot to tell us about the security on premis locking the gates at a certain time. The heater in our room was broken when we arrived.

Comfortable bed

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

On campus for parents with students or prospective students to be close. There is a great free shuttle that takes you to Union Station - it runs frequently.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Location was more removed from the city than I thought, It was hard to find bc I had no idea it was on a college campus.

The cafe was amazing for breakfast! Great food & attentive staff!! Shuttle service was nice, especially since we were several miles from the museums.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel is a bit far away from the centre of DC and there isn’t really anything around the hotel to do or see.

The grounds of the hotel and the hotel itself are lovely. The staff were really nice and helpful with everything. The hotel is clean and well maintained, with spacious bedrooms and comfy beds. The free shuttle to and from the train station was great; saved us time and money.

its almost time for an update everything was as clean as it could be just getting worn looking

staff was very professional bed was very comfortable union market was close

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There is no bus service to the Hotel. Taxi is the best transportation.

I was surprise to note that this hotel is situated in a University. Upon arrival, I find the receptionist was very helpful and arranged for the key within 5 minutes. The room is very confortable and the internet was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel aims to accommodate all customers' needs its indeed very refreshing.

We had a really pleasant stay at this hotel. The value for money is perfect 10 for us. The room is perfect for family of five. The breakfast experience is extraordinary customer service, including the check in and check out process. The kids love the University where the hotel is located, including the shuttle bus to and from Union Station so we can explore Washington DC. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends visiting Washington DC.

As a vegetarian, full breakfast only catered for meat eaters. It would have a vegetarian options for the hot breakfast.

Shuttle service to union station was punctual and reliable. It was interesting to be on the university campus and a delight to know that such facilities exists for non hearing students to excel in their chosen field.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I booked this hotel for my parents. It was my mum's birthday. I left notes when made booking. Hotel was very thoughtful and offered a glass of wine for my parents in their bar on the day they arrived. Really appreciated! Strongly recommended!

• Two Queen Bed Accessible

We did not have a newly remodeled room. It was very nice although a bit utilitarian. According to Kellogg Conference Hotel, remodeling is taking place on a floor-by-floor basis. Another guest, staying on the remodeled 3rd floor stated that her room was similar to a Hyatt. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Location within Gallaudet University makes for a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

I wish they had a point system for frequent stays at the Kellogg Conference Center. I wish there were special rates for families of student athletes and no charge to have a refrigerator in your room.

The Manager Asad is always nice when we have visited this Aug, Sept and October. I gave a high score for staff mainly for him.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I have never seen a hotel that is so inflexible with their check-in time. I understand that they were booked completely full the night before I arrived and were working to get the rooms clean, however, the front desk man was slightly short when I asked about getting an early check in and answered me with a curt, "We don't do early check-ins," and suggested that I go out into DC to find something to do. I had been up and traveling for over 16 hours by this point, so all I wanted was to get to a room. Had it not been for a nice gentleman who works for the hotel (a manager of some sort, maybe) seeing how upset I was just killing time in the lobby waiting until check-in and telling the front desk staff to get me into a room ASAP.

Great location and lots of great amenities at the hotel including a shuttle to Union Station.

Although the campus grounds are safe (patrolled by security police) the surrounding streets are not. So best not to walk there, like I did, after dark from Union station! Rooms not that sound proofed. Got woken up several times by those in adjoining rooms.

Interesting place (the hotel is in the grounds of a university for deaf students) with lots of history. Clean and tidy. Free shuttle bus to Union Station.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was interesting that most of the staff and students spoke in Sign Language. I Loved the Purple and Grey Décor and that the hotel employees were most accommodating. And I found it convenient that the Union Market was across the street from the Hotel.