Reviews of The Kenilworth 3 stars

Boulevard & South 31 Street, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Kenilworth

• Executive King Room

The lady when I checked in was very rude to me and her colleagues, it was on the 28th at around 4 PM, worst attitude I’ve ever seen in a hotel service

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A little uncomfortable seeing signs in parking lot saying park at your own risk. Maybe say something like “ not responsible for...”. Unless sign is alerting guests to cars being broken in to, but area seemed safe.

Easy check in check out. Pleasant staff at front desk. No complaints.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

House cleaning extremely late cleaning room. Also there was no cover on the ironing board. The bathroom vent had to be clicked several times before it engaged.

Comfortable bedding.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It’s right on the garden state parkway. The first time we stayed we were on the quiet side but the last time we were on the highway side and it was a little noisy. Didn’t bother everyone but I heard it.

Easy to get to. Grocery store was next and the town of Kenilworth only five minutes away. Had a large choice of restaurants and we had the best pizza at the Capri. The shuttle to and from the airport was great. We left our car for 10 days without problems—the police station is close to their property.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I left the iPhone charger in the room and remember 100% that it was plugged by the nightstand. When I called back to ask they told me that they didn’t find it. It’s a lie because I had called them to inquire 10 minutes after I left the property. Staff is very bad at Kenilworth, borderline plain rude

• Executive King Room

I travel a lot this hotel is way over price , working on the prices of the stay and u will have more people , my job will rent from them any more we are going to hoilday inn and Homewood suite because it Cheater

Everybody was great

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I got into my room, the clock radio was missing. Told the front desk and they had one there within 10 minutes.

CLEAN, CONVENIENT, AND FRIENDLY STAFF

• Executive King Room

We used their shuttle to the Newark Airport. Although their telephone pickup system is a bit frustrating- long waits to speak with a human - the room was very comfortable. We’ll do this again.

• Executive King Room

Everything about our stay was top notch.

My friend and I were traveling to a concert near by and decided to stay at the Kenilworth. It was extremely close to the venue just a short cab ride to Garwood. The hotel is clean and beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Upon check in we received complimentary drink tickets and headed up to the room. We stayed in an executive room and the room size was perfect. Lots of light and mirror space for two girls getting ready to hit the town. Another bonus were the refrigerator and microwave, with a supermarket right next door to the hotel we were able to stock up for late night snacks.

It is older but very well maintained property. Only thing we misunderstood we thought restaurant would be open earlier. Told children we were visiting they should recommend to out of town friends.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dirty. Blood stain on comforter, hair in clean towels. The beds were not super comfortable, and the window shade was broken and wouldn't go back up.

Friendly staff

• Executive King Room

Room is a bit small. Location is by a grave yard. Breakfast options suck terribly. For 189 a night we would have like some hot breakfast.

Property is very nice. Clean and tidy. Made me feel very comfortable and loved the room. Very fancy

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bolt for the room door did not work. It was not lined up properly. The switch for the bathroom fan did not work all the time. You had to keep turning it off and on to get it to start the fan. The breakfast snack bar was overpriced. I ate elsewhere.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Executive King Room

No elevator but it was being constructed and will be finished soon, so nothing really.

Everything was modern and updated. The room was comfortable with a nice sense of style.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The sign to the hotel could be in a better spot and high enough to see it with lighting CO

• Executive King Room

We went down to the bar at 8:45, and it was being cleaned for closing. We were served the free drinks, and the bartender was very nice, but then all of the bottles were put away, and we felt hurried - no chance for a second drink.

Very comfortable and clean - a lovely room. Not a great view, but nice and quiet. The front desk staff were very friendly. They gave us a coupon for a free drink for each of us when they found out it was our anniversary.

• Executive King Room

Little musty smell. Staff was friendly but not exceptionel. Needed to pay for breakfast while room rate does not justify it.

Easy access to highway. Good shower. Good parking. Nice room and bed

• Executive King Room

I put up my Do Not Disturb tag and they disturbed me 3 times in two days because of a new phone system! I wanted to sleep and relax and I was interrupted over and over again.

It was very clean.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is bad, paying 8$ for a coffee, yoghurt and croissant is really overpriced. Free breakfast should be included at such room rate.

Nicely renovated and clean rooms. Although close to the Parkway, no traffic noise. Staff is friendly.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We could hear footsteps above us. If I was ever to re-book, I would request an upper level room.

Our cable did not seem to work when we first-checked in but the front desk staff attended to (and fixed) it within 10 minutes.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast had limited items. A couple of things in the room could have used a facelift, but they were minor.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable. Nice decor. Great value, especially compared to other places nearby.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It would help if the guy at the reception says hi or greet you with a smile both at Check in and check out he was cold and almost said nothing seemed miserable this was the only thing needs improvement otherwise a good hotel for the price I will stay here again

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Executive King Room

Complimentary breakfast is not available and we were told this used to be a feature of the property.

Staff was accommodating to allow us a late checkout after a mishap the previous evening with our dinner. Also credited us for a portion of our meal. Rooms are fairly nice and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Executive King Room

Just the view of my window, was no bad, or good. (Overall all was good)

Great facilities,better the upgrade of the room, for the ocattion, thanks for everything Kenilworth inn, make us "better day forever" a nice place to remember.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Executive King Room

The hotel was located in an ideal spot for where we needed to get to each day. The room was spotless clean, modern and it was a pleasure to stay here. I visit the states ever 2 months, The Kenilworth will be the Number one choice for me.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms not cleaned during our stay, asked for towels day before departure since we were staying in never got them from house keeper who knocked on our door No 24hr eatery nearby have to drive far if u want any food after mid nite

Staff, bedding, shuttle services fantastic

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Executive King Room

I did have trouble getting through to the recepcionist when I called before arriving.

The decor is so beautiful and bright and for the price I payed for my room is was a pleasant surprise how nice it was. The bed was super comfy as well!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Executive King Room

The concierge Was rude to me didn't smile at me I didn't felt welcome I ask him a question he answered me rude like I was brothing him so ur stuff need to get trained !!!! I check in around 3pm on Friday 16

My room

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were on 1st floor near laundry. Although the laundry itself was not a problem there was a lot of laundry carts hanging around in the hallway that we had to make our way around every time we left our room 😁😁

Proximity to highway and close to daughters house where we were having our Family Christmas gathering.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Executive King Room

No elevators when carrying heavy bags is a bit of a pain, but not so much that I wouldnt return. The staff member at the front desk offered to carry my bags up for me, which I thought was very nice.

I like that there is a bar/lounge on site. Also, that the laundry room was very clean and cost efficient.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Executive King Room

The breakfast is just okay. The room it is in is really the bar & so it is not that inviting for breakfast.

room was very comfortable/nice linens,towels. staff exceptionally friendly and competent. the location of the hotel is very conveniently located just off the GSP & easy access to the area we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish there was a full breakfast but it worked to have a quick pick up and go that morning.

The receptionist was very friendly and accommodating. I really liked that there was a restaurant onsite.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Executive King Room

Noise from the Garden State Parkway. Ask for a room on the other side.

Nice renovation. When I stayed here years ago it as a last resort. Much nicer now.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Executive King Room

There's a lot of noise from both the exterior (it's right off of the parkway) and interior (you hear the neighbor's toilet flush and anyone walking down the hallway at all hours of the night). The cleaning staff was also a bit loud at 8 AM

Room was very nice! It was comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Did not get maid service the first day, did not even make the bed. When brought to their attention, they offered to have the maintenance man make the beds.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Probably a continental breakfast service would have been a plus. Problem with HVAC unit as far as leaking water which wasn't addressed by maintenance resulting in a wet floor near bed by window. was reported first day of stay.

Great mattress and pillows made sleeping very easy. Close to Acme supermarket and a number of nice restaurants. Easy access to nYC. Staff was very positive.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was great. They were very helpful - and nice! The staff was so good, I wanted to find out some of their names. Jose at the front desk, Havi at the Trellis Bar/Restaurant, Eric at breakfast in the morning and John who worked the front desk/reception and also drove us to the airport. The management team should be proud of the staff that they hire and train. Great guest experience!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Executive King Room

Denied me complementary breakfast after it was part of the deal when I booked. This is the first hotel I have seen asking people to buy breakfast.

Room is specious

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Construction in parking lot. Our car was a mess when we left. Fire alarm went off late the night we were there because of a guy smoking e-cigs. Everyone headed outside in pjs and some half dressed but staff came out to tell us what was going on and he was very funny!

Staff was great! Rooms were nice.

The bar closed too early

Good value. Nice neighborhood with store and restaurants nearby

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the signs posted Park at your own risk.

Great location, right across the street from the golf course

Not great breakfast options

Clean, silent, airport shuttle and friendly staff

• Executive King Room

Easy access from the Parkway and great restaurants nearby

Very nice and updated

Close to the highway

Very clean and updated

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very quiet 🤫 and peaceful..🙏🏾

• Executive King Room

Very clean and updated!!!!!

Bed was too soft

Modern and clean bathroom

Bar wasn’t open

Everything okay

N/a

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shades in room would NOT go all the way down and let in too much light - no way to black out.

Small but good restaurant - great burger!

n/a

everything

• Executive King Room

Cust Serv, cleanliness, comfort, location and bar

• Executive King Room

Clean, newly remodeled.. staff was friendly. Would stay again.

NO ELEVATOR All rooms had handicapped (higher than normal) toilets

bed was comfortable room was quiet

Nothing that I didn't like

Clean open welcoming

Complimentary beverages

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nice property. Obviously an older building but very well maintained and modernized.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was clean and comfortable.

No elevator

• Executive King Room

Parking lot was completely full when we arrived. Breakfast very basic.

Good location, easy access from the highway. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price for one night.

• Executive King Room

Nothing but used it only for sleep between flights.

Clean, comfortable and with nearby supermarket and restaurants.

• Executive King Room

Kenilworth Diner has very good food and good service.

Perfect location!! Rooms were terrific with Xtra pillows and blankets

• Executive King Room

The staff was great and very accomodating!

No elevator, noisy, only 2 entrances

Clean, good location

• Executive King Room

Design of the hotel was great. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the bar/restaurant. Food was good.

• Executive King Room

They didn't have breakfast only continental breakfast and the bar close too early.

• Executive King Room

The overall cleanliness and the size and comfort of the room was great!! Send me room rate specials when they have them!!

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Filters in room fans were not the cleanest

Easy on and out

Dusty needs lot improvement

Very dusty room bathroom not clean no elevator service no hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Executive King Room

Very nice and comfortable room.

Room next to ice maker