Reviews of Kensington Park Hotel - A Personality Hotel 3 stars

450 Post Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#72 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Excellent.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Would have been better if there had been breakfast facilities but we knew that when we booked. Close to Sears which did great breakfasts so not a real problem. Only downside which is not hotels fault is that around location there were some issues with begging. Probably not there fault either...but needs you to be on alert at night.

Quirky hotel right in the hub of San Francisco. Close to shops and transport links. Friendly staff.

Comfortable bed!

Room service isn't 24 hours because they go through Morton's a few doors down. There is a Jack In The Box a block away that you can go to though.

The bed was so comfortable! The staff was great and the location is right by Union Square.

Great location and friendly staff.

Room was a bit too small. Water pressure in the shower head was not strong enough. Water temperature kept fluctuating.

Great location and friendly staff.

A very nice hotel.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The valet parking cost: $65 per night; no breakfast.

Super comfortable beds, convenient location, and very helpful staff. Very nice interior design. We had a large wardrobe which was very convenient. Overall, a great hotel, and we would recommend.

location was great and the staff very friendly
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

the room was a lot smaller than expected, with no real room to move round the bed as the desk was in the way. Coffee machine provided in room but with no milk cartons.

location was great and the staff very friendly

Horrible
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A lot of drug addicts , poor area , very ghetto , a lot homeless peoole fisherman's wharf way better area

This place is super ghetto near tenderloin area a lot of drug addicts

Not worth the money - looks a lot nicer in pictures on here...
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Not worth the money - looks a lot nicer in pictures on here than in the flesh. Dated, small and the only benefit is the location in the city. Expensive for what you get.

A memorable stay at a classic and elegant hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the valet parking is way too expensive, including taxes is close to $70 a night, while the next door parking garage offers flat $25 a day parking on Mason Street.

I like the decoration and surrounding ornaments inside the hotel. The room is very comfortable, with views of the big city center. The location is extremely vibrant and convenient with all kinds of restaurants and high end shops, tourist attractions including the cable cars around the corner on Powell Street!

The bed and room temperature were great.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

They charged extra because we had bikes on our car.

The bed and room temperature were great. Access to coffee was close. Parking was close. The sherry was nice and you supplied the Chronicle! Concierge helpful also and friendly.

Location was ideal.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The shower leaves a lot to be desired. Temperature fluctuated whilst in use and there is very little water pressure

Location was ideal. Less than a 2 minute walk to union square and 5 minutes from the BART at Powell

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The door signs for housekeeping flip in wind (there is a window in the hall) so when ever l put the do not disturb sign on, l was disturbed. Conversely when l put please make up, my room wasnt done.

Very cute and stylish hotel right next to Union Square with personality
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Price for parking was high-$55 for night. I understand, it's San-Francisco and it is right at downtown, but still. We chose to park on the street, but it was a mistake))

I like this hotel a lot! This was a really cute San-Francisco's experience. I love this city, it is a special place for me, so I usually chose the place to stay very carefully. Union Square is my favorite location and this hotel i tried the first time. As a result, I like design, location, complimentary cherry and tea and general atmosphere and vibes. I want to compliment the receptionist who was there when we checked in-an Iranian girl super friendly and very nice. I wrote her name, but can't find it - maybe Negar? Thank you! I would love to stay again if price would be right

Awful
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

This is absolutely the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had. The room itself was sub par for the price. It was $190 for one night, but I was double charged and ended up paying almost $400. The bathroom was crap. The water pressure in the shower sucked, and the water temp kept fluctuating even though I wasn’t touching the knobs. The staff wasn’t rude, but they weren’t really polite either. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was wearing a see through blouse, which is just so unprofessional. Before checking in, I checked my bank account to make sure I would have enough and saw that I was already charged - several hours before even entering the city. During check in, I had to give her my card and put in my pin for “authorization” and told her I was already charged. She assured me it wouldnt charge my card again. Later, while out enjoying the city, my card was declined. I checked my bank account again and I was indeed charged a second time. When returning to the hotel, I talked to the same woman at the front desk and she said that’s the authorization, it should drop once I check out. Fast forward to check out, it was a guy behind the desk this time, and he printed a receipt for the night and told me once again that the second charge would drop that same day. After checking my account again this morning and seeing that there was still a pending charge, I called my bank to see if they could release the hold. They told me it’s not a hold and that I was charged twice, and it had been approved twice so I had to file a dispute and it will take a month to get that money back. Meanwhile, my account is overdrafted and I still haven’t gone grocery shopping. This hotel was not worth the $190 I agreed to pay. It is certainly not worth the $380 that has been taken from me. Needless to say, I will not be returning and I am telling everyone I know to avoid this hotel. This whole ordeal ruined my vacation in San Francisco and the rest of my work week.

Staff and location excellent
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Bed was old and sunken in the middle They also put me next to the elevator which is very old and banged and rocked the floor all night

Excellent staff, great location

eh, it was okay
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

There were no microwaves in the rooms and window didnt open up enough for air, our ceiling fan was loose and there was only a thermostate for the heater, no air other than the air coming from the tiny crack of a window

beds and pillows were super comfy, bathroom had lighting options and were just as big as the room

The room was comfortable and clean.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

I would have liked more counter space in the bathroom. No microwave or fridge in the room. No pool or hot-tub. We paid extra for location and felt it was worth it, but did miss having the above mentioned items.

The room was comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly. We felt safe in this location.

Overall okay but not as expected
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The shower that changes from burning hot to icy cold The wifi that didn't work great felt deceived upon arrival as the hotel looked a lot more qualitative online than it did in real life. Felt pretty bumbed that I had to pay upfront with my card and not through the website.

The bed

I was surprised by the $150/night cost, usually its a...
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Warning! We didn't have a car, but if you do, its a jaw dropping $55-65 for valet parking. That's excessive, but pretty standard for San Francisco.

I was surprised by the $150/night cost, usually its a lot more stay in any nice hotel on Union Square. Upon entry to large lobby, you go back in time a bit with the art nouveau interior and the mid century modern furniture. Negar, the lovely and charismatic lady at the front desk, set us up with a nice quiet room on the 11th floor. The room was gorgeous with a near luxury feel and one of the most comfortable King sized hotel beds I've ever slept in. The clean bathroom is roomy enough, as is the closet. Robes and nice toiletries, including oatmeal soap. The LCD TV is about 40 inches and comes with enough channels. Coffee machine included, but the fresh brewed coffee with almost biscotti in the hallway each morning is better. Location couldn't be better with restaurants, bars, shopping, art galleries, and museums all within walking distance. I'd definitely stay here again.

The food was very over priced for what it was.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food was very over priced for what it was. Also, there was no real area for the dogs to use the rest room/walk which was surprising since it was listed as a pet friendly hotel

I loved the history of this historical building and originasl woodwork a very elegant hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beautiful historical building, very quiet and the staff were wonderful.The location was perfect a step away to the square but was quite.. Was perfect and very injoyable... downside is rms were sm and shared a doorway to each rm.. But it was absolutely a good place to stay!

Perfect location

Great staff, very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Amazing location, very convenient to get back to the hotel from almost all major attraction sites in San Fransisco.

Decent compared to hotels nearby but you pay for location
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Hotel feels like old. Amenities are simple. The view from the room is not good. No mini fridge in the room So basically you are paying for the location. Parking overnight price was $55 which is absurd. You can find better price on Sutter Stockton Garage or others. The same staff who gave us a tip about the restaurant told us that parking around the city was 25 cents a minute which wasn't true at all. Maybe because he was trying to sell us a tour bus ticket. But we already have rented a car.

Location is really good. Staffs were helpful and commended a great seafood restaurant, Scoma's on Pier 47. No extra changing for resort fees

Comfy bed (soft, some might not like it but i loved it).
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

One one elevator was operational. Though you don't have to wait that long for the car (and its huge).

Comfy bed (soft, some might not like it but i loved it). Near the Union Square with all the attractions nearby minus the noise. Spacious room and if you get higher floor you could see nice view of the city from the back (i stayed in 8th fl. You can get the view if your stay from 8-12fl)

Great value for the money especially during Winter
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Water pressure could be a bit better, but still a good shower

Very clean and great location. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed is very comfortable and lots of pillows.

Great location, friendly staff, nice views from upper floors...
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Tub/shower was pretty cramped.

Great location, friendly staff, nice views from upper floors, charming old building, free tea in the comfortable lobby.

My family and I were very pleased with the overall stay at the hotel. Will recommend!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking. Had to pay a high price for nightly parking!! Not good! To expensive!

The room was small but the beds were comfy with lots of pillows! Nice to have a refridgerator!!

Coffee was good, the location is very helpful (next to union...

the sink is too low, as well as the overall bathroom sizing. Even aware of the fact that the building is old, it was a bit uncomfortable. Note that we are accustomed to using the shower, and rarely the bathtub, And specifically, the shower head was a bit too low. Also, we missed the availability of a frigobar, or small refrigerator, especially since the hotel does not provide with a breakfast. Those were minor inconveniences, and the overall experience was great.

Coffee was good, the location is very helpful (next to union square!), and especially great was the staff. All very attentive, and very knowledgeable of the area. Very good for newcomers and tourists. I'd like to offer special thanks to Mario, whose tips and info certainly made our trip quite a bit more enjoyable!

We enjoyed our stay but felt we could have found a more reasonably priced hotel in the same area.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room was small and even though the shower was a good size, the bathroom itself was small. The cost did not include brkfst. Overall, we thought it was a bit overpriced.

The location was excellent!

Great hotel, great location, great service! Stay here!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The view and no alcohol in your rooms

I love the Elks Lodge and the history and it’s a block away from Union Square and cable cars and the best of San Francisco!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Not pleasant because of lack of cleanliness. I sent them an urgent email on the day I arrived but they gave no reply at all. Besides, the check-in staff totally has no idea how to swipe credit card, which is rediculous. Still he was quite rude to us.

Overall great experience would stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The water pressure in the shower was poor. Water kept running from very hot to very cold to normal every couple minutes Hard to shower comfortably.

Staff very courteous and attentive.

Kensington, Great Location
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

This hotel does have a pool, spa, handball court and massages BUT you can't use them. Half the hotel is owned by the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. An old American fraternity/Social club. No mini bar or fridge for that matter. Sucks if you like to buy your own soft drink or milk. Oh and the water isn't free in the rooms, not expensive but watch out.

Huge bed. The location of KPH was spot on. Short walk into union square and a nice scenic walk down to the wharf in 30 to 40 mins. Helpful staff and a beautiful building. Also didn't get to see it but apparently the theatre in the hotel is a must see.

Great staff.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

No bar fridge. Awful dribbling low pressure shower that alternately ran scalding hot or cold. Awfully small inner-spring double beds that bounce you out when your partner moves. Inconvenient location of the tea and coffee making facilities on the floor above or below that are only available from 7 till 10 am. Awful cheap toilet paper. Oregon state public toilets have higher quality! Please note - lovely staff.

Great staff. Good city location.

Noisy patrons
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

For some reason we were followed by horrible fellow travellers in our hotels in the US. Our inconsiderate and rude Neighbours were playing hide and seek throughout the corridors and in their rooms. Screaming and laughing at 12am. Whilst the front desk approached them they were not forceful enough as they kept going, the people across the corridor yelled at them also, but they still didn't care... 😠 Regardless this was not the properties fault but I would have liked them to have dealt with it better.

Very comfy bed, lovely lobby, was a comfortable stay and good value.

Fine, centrally located hotel in heart of SF shopping
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is in a historic bldg, a former Elks Lodge. It's comfy and decent, but a little worn around the edges. Also the room walls are a tad thin - you can hear folks next door. And there was very little public lounge space.

Great location in heart of Union Square.

Great stay in San Francisco
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Front desk guy who assisted us with check in was not helpful and very prejudicial. Their Visa card machines weren't working and he automatically assumed that we had no money and became very prejudicial. He landed up charging my card twice for the booking. No minibar, fridge or microwave in the room.

Location was excellent. Rooms were big and comfy.

Fine Place, Not Fancy
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Terrible water pressure, the toiletries were a bit odd, no complimentary water in room, smelled like fish in lobby... probably a one off but still odd.

Good location, friendly staff, comfy bed.

Small, well run hotel in an excellent Union Square location

Can’t think of anything.

The hotel was in exactly the best location for what we wanted to do. Our room on the 9th floor was light and had a view up to Nob Hill. There was coffee and biscotti available every morning near our room and sherry and tea available in the lobby every late afternoon. The elevator was roomy enough to have a nice upholstered bench to sit on. The two elevators were quick and we rarely had a long wait. The staff was always cheerful. Our bed was very comfortable. There was conveniently adequate storage for our belongings since we were there long enough to completely unpack. Our room was very quiet.

Joshua the receptionist is very kind and helpful.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room wasn't really clean, we had an issue with the toilet and the bathroom is quite old fashioned

Joshua the receptionist is very kind and helpful. Gives very good advices!

Charming and convenient
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

This place is charming/cute/comfortable. Location cannot be beat. Staff is friendly, will do what they can to help you. Room was very clean. We have stayed before and will again.

The Kensington offers comfortable, charming & affordable accommodations at a great location.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

I have stayed at this property in the past, this visit was not one of the better views.

Coffee, tea & sherry in the lobby are nice. Some rooms are more spacious than others, but all are comfortable. Staff is friendly & helpful. I appreciate the personal care items. A robe was provided, on request.

Amazing Location, Great Value, Poor Service
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Some of the staff were very nonchalant and not personable at all. The concierge servived only offered the very most expensive options to travel around the city. There are lots of hotel options around San Francisco, I was surprised customer service was not better. Location was fabulous, rooms looked out dated.

Location, affordabity

Good value for the money
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

- Bathroom is outdated and needs upgrade - Lack of facilities (gym, mini bar...)

- Amazing location - Kind and helpful stuff - Comfortable bed - Good internet (free)

Great location, but parking price and noisy rooms meant poor value for money.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Staff at check in not very helpful. Valet parking VERY expensive. Rooms noisy. Can here doors banging as guests come and go

Excellent location, right on the main square. Lovley characterful lobby

Just Fabulous. Would stay here again without a doubt.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was the quaintest hotel right near Union Square and the Powell Hyde and Powell Mason cable car line. The foyer was delightful and the complimentary Sherry and Tea in the afternoons was a welcome and much appreciated touch. Our room was on the 8th floor and the beds were super comfy. There was complimentary coffee, tea and biscuits (like biscotti) on the 9th floor for breakfast. We absolutely loved this hotel and will be recommending it to our Travel Agent and friends as a "go to" when in San Francisco.

Fantastic Location, excellent value
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Fantastic Location, lovely comfortable Room, great view, charismatic, retro charm lobby and lift. Sears restaurant around corner for the best breakfast ever.

Fun, always comfortable stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This little gem I have stayed in for 18 years....consistently comfortable stay, nice Staff and location is simply the best! So close to Union Sq. And CIty Centre. Post is busy to unload on...but doable. Will keep returning as best are very comfy and always clean and cozy.

Perfect downtown location, easy access to MANY things
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were on the seventh floor, but there was still a fair amount of noise that filtered up from Union Square and the street through the window. Being there around the holidays, there was a trumpet player out on the Square a couple of nights, and a bagpipe player one night, and they played pretty late...

Beds were comfortable (too many pillows, 5, but that was solved by tossing some on the floor). There's not a lot of extra space in the room, but unless one is planning to hang out in the room, it's plenty big enough. It's kind of a mixture of older, distressed looking stuff (furniture) and newer (beds). Plenty of space to stash stuff, though if one needed to get in the closet frequently, that would have been a pain as it was pretty much up against the side of one of the beds.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Please avoid!
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Service desk wasn’t friendly right from check in. Room is expensive compared to what they offer. There was some noise coming from room across - construction sort of noise - we got no apology when we complained. Walls are wafer thin - you can join in the party next door. Staff was unfriendly, and I will never ever stay in this place again.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Location, Location, Location
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Although the beds are large and very comfortable the room furniture is showing its age. The only sitting area is in reception and is quite small. This was our first time in San Francisco and we were surprised how expensive most things were.

Stayed 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Ideally located for tram, bus routes and BART (Powell Street) if coming in from the airport, and major shopping areas with Macy's on Union Square. There a number of diners nearby for breakfast in the mornings. Tea and sherry in the afternoon and coffee and biscotti in the morning (on floors 9 & 11) were a nice touch.

Location location location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn’t like the size of the beds. I’m not very tall 5’5 and sharing a bed was very uncomfortable. The private bathroom was great but the sink was simply laughable, I had to crouch down to use it. The shower water pressure was not good at all, understandable because of the water shortage but the water never stayed a consistent temp. It went from warm to cold to hot every 15 seconds 👎🏽

Stayed with two children in a double bed room, the positives... pillows, firmness of bed clean bathroom, convenient elevator, coplimetary coffee was yummy and strong, 90% of the staff was very kind and friendly. Location. Would stay here again for the location alone!

Perfect location to explore San Francisco from.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

There is nothing I can fault this hotel on.

Everything about this hotel was perfect. The location could not have been better. We were right in the heart of downtown.

Great location and good room.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Location was great. Interesting old building. Photos of public spaces need to be updated and public spaces could be better. Room was good. Bed and linen very good. More attention to cleaning in bathroom required. (Shower/tub tile). Nice touch to have beverages available in the lobby and upstairs morning coffee.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is a little bit of an off smell in our bathroom but tolerable.

The complimentary coffee, tea and lemon water at the lobby is greatly appreciated. The bed is comfortable. There is enough space and the bathroom has water heater. The location is also perfect since it is accessible to all the tousist spots and there are near public parkings around the hotel. It’s near the union sqaure so there is also a lot of restaurants around.

Overall this beautiful, value for money property to stay in.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Being in the middle of the city there was some noise at night. The property does not have airconditioning, the room became a little hot during the night.

This is a charming, comfortable old hotel in a great location - close to Union Square and Westfield shopping centre. The Cable Cars, restaurants and coffee shops are within a short walking distance.

Personality hotel with great value for money l
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location! Literally next to Union square and cable car but still very quite. Sherry and tea served as complimentary in the eve in the lobby. Very atmospheric hotel, with a lot of history, super pretty inside. Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Amazing Value but please some double glazing windows for the c noise.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Our room was noisy. We could hear a lot of traffic from the street. Im not sure if it was just our room but this was a little frustrating after requesting a quiet room 6 weeks beforehand when we booked. Just invest in some double glazing windows. Also one of the staff developed a little attitude after we didn't book a tour from him on the 1st day. All the other staff were fantastic though it must be said.

The location and bed were fantastic value for money. The staff were also very nice.

Perfect hotel but make sure you stay for more than one night!
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

We only stayed for one night!

The location was excellent. We usually like a room on a high floor for the view but as we were only staying one night, we just took the room with a king bed (excellent bed) but on arrival we were actually on the 10th looking out onto Union Square, great! Staff were very friendly.

Tolerable

Very dated and the furniture old and distressed. Room 68 on the tenth floor small and void of any view.

Bathrooms very nice and clean. Beds comfortable and clean.

We were slightly disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed had a very bouncy mattress. There was only one reading light. The absence of double glazing and air conditioning meant that we had to keep the window open for fresh air and as a result we could hear the noise from the street. Room was a bit tired/shabby.

Friendly and helpful staff, a clean room and a great location

Great place to stay
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Bathroom vanity was extremely low and small - not sure why?

Older traditional style hotel but lovely place to stay. Our room was large and very comfortable to come back to after a day of sightseeing. It was also lovely to return to a glass of sherry or a cup of tea or coffee in the lobby in the late afternoon. Very handy to Union Square and hop on and off buses, cable car and lots of great shops. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Fun, centrally located hotel with a great atmosphere.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

I loved the vibe of the hotel, it has a lot of personality and was a fun place to stay. The location is PERFECT, it's so centrally located, but I loved that it was quiet in the rooms and a lot of the noise from the streets didn't affect our stay. I would 100% stay here again.

this hotel was posh, from the moment the doors were opened for us until we left!

the happy hour menu showed truffle fries but there were none

this staff was absolutely marvelous and treated us like family! we felt like every accommodation was made with excellent care.

The Highlight is definitely the Playhouse theatre right in...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Highlight is definitely the Playhouse theatre right in the Hotel downstairs and the seafood restaurant next door. Notice the restaurant needs reservation. Also as the rooms are from floor 5 onwards you don't really get much noise from the street , a big bonus for a downtown stay. Next time definitely staying here!

Great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Water pressure, water temperature, slow elevator, street noise

It's an old historical hotel and it reflects that. The running water does not get very hot, no need to even use the cold and the water pressure is low. There are two elevators and one or the other was being worked on often during our stay and they work very slowly. There is no air conditioning in the hotel so if you want air you open your windows, so you hear all the loud noises coming from the streets all night, making it difficult to sleep and we were on the 9th floor hoping to avoid all the noise. There were grass fires while we were there, so we woke up two nights to the heavy smoke in our room and hotel, due to the open windows that we needed for cooling. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is perfect for the Union Square area. The hotel was clean and the bed comfortable. Transportation of every kind is convenient to the hotel.

Excellent location, very friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Carpet floors too dark and outdated. Furniture needs maintenance

Hotel staff was wonderful, attentive to every detail to make a great experience of the stay.

Convenient and comfortable place for a city trip in central San Francisco.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Services were basic and the room and halls were dated. The once beautiful leather style bed frame was worn and looked old(not as on the pictures), carpets and furniture could also do with an update but it had its charm and was practical.

Had a lovely stay, staff were very friendly and we were pleasantly surprised to see complimentary teas and sherry out in the lobby each afternoon, and free coffee/tea available on each floor in the morning. As it doesn't offer breakfast this was a very nice touch!!

Small cafe next door excellent, helpful staff, especially...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No teabags in room but when asked there was no problem getting them. As with most hotels room lighting very poor but bathroom and desk v good.

Small cafe next door excellent, helpful staff, especially breakfast.

Would recommend this hotel for location and comfort.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Shower has very weak water pressure.

The bed and bedding was very comfortable. Hotel is a classic older property but in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Great place for a city-break trip!
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

The bed was not as comfortable as you'd expect from such a hotel.

Very friendly and attentive staff. You can't top the location - just next to Union Square!

Will not be returning
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No air conditioning Very hot and stuffy rooms Fans ineffective No room fridge No shelf space in bathroom Bathroom sink and toilet too low Smells from outside when window was open No assistance offered with luggage upon arrival No breakfast options

Great location Friendly staff Comfortable beds Plenty of towels Excellent tv Room no 617 very quiet

Comfortable but expensive
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Price is too high Valet parking is very expensive ($50/day) After check in I went to the bathroom in my room. When coming out I discovered the man who tried to fix the TV (as he said) though I had no problems with it and didn't expect to meet somebody inside the room.

Excellent location Friendly and helpful staff

Place is overrated n
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked a room with 2 beds. Added the early ck in. We got there and there was not a 2 bed room available until the next day......my husband had to argue with the front desk until they miraculously found an available room. But no early ck in. Would not stay here again

Booked this Hotel for my boyfriends Birthday. We really liked it!
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

I was told there was a Hot Tub. There'sonly one room w the Tub & it was out of order😣

Awesome Location! Beautiful hotel with a super comfy Bed!

The location so close to Union Square is just brilliant.
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room

Like all of SF, it was very very expensive. The bathroom let it down a little, but not a major.

The location so close to Union Square is just brilliant. We came in to Powell St Station from the airport on the BART and it was a very easy walk up to the hotel. Once there we were at the hub of all the things we wanted to see and do. Nice big room and very comfortable bed.