Reviews of Kings Inn 2 stars

6.2

5.7

6.2

• Standard Room

Basic amenities such as microwave, mini-fridge or coffee maker were unavailable in the standard room.

The room was cleaned daily and towels were plentiful. Location is excellent.

• Standard Room

No cups in room to drink out of. No tea making facilities had to go to reception to get hot water in one of my own plastic bottles not even a plastic glass Shocking ! They must inform you when you book there is no tea making facilities or cups or glasses. no hairdryer I used the office toilet the room was disgustingly dirty with old toilet rolls lying in a heap on the floor and toilet shocking!

Room and bathroom was fine for the money paid

• Standard Room

Paid for room on arrival No hairdryer,tea making facilities Hot water tap on shower broken Cooling unsatisfory On departure lift to our 3rd floor standard room was being serviced so had to get staff to help.

Not much

• Standard Room

Ask for room away from elevator which is quite noisy and sleep with TV tuned to a music station that u enjoy, helps with outside noise or bring earplugs.

Great location, close to all the tourist locations. Free parking too! Room is small, no frills. No electric outlet in bathroom, found one behind nightstand...a girl has to do her hair!! Overall, I would stay again just for the location.

• Standard Room

it was ok, small, employees were not bad, but not really good either. I might stay again because of the location and price

King's Inn was an excellent location, but everything else was sub standard. Not horrible, but certainly not nice. But, we booked for the location which was perfect!!!!!!!! concerned that we cancelled an earlier booking with King's Inn and are receiving "no show" emails?

• Standard Room

Really liked the multiple bedrooms, would recommend if staying with up to four people in single room. Provided extra towels in bathroom (huge plus for us)! Currently undergoing cosmetic updating, will stay here again to see final product on our next Seattle trip.

• Standard Room

When we got back from our cruise we had already had a reservation with Kings Inn. Went to check in but because we checked in before noon there was a $40 charge for early check-in because the room that was reserved for us was still occupied. They had several other rooms that were already clean and not occupied. We paid the $40 charge rather than roam around the city for hours but was not happy about it at all. We felt since we already had a reservation and had stayed with this property prior to our cruise that we should not have had to pay this.

The rooms were clean with very few amenities but I knew that going in. Location is great for seeing the sites of downtown Seattle.

• Standard Room

Kings Inn is a 1950’s style motor hotel facility. Obviously reasonably well maintained but could use some improvements in the room. A small desk and more comfortable chair, and a larger TV would be appreciated.

The location was good. Walking distance to the Space Needle thingy, Pike Place market and Amazon

• Standard Room

No hair dryer or anywhere to plug one in. No hot water. Poor lighting in bedroom.

Location is close to Seattle Center and downtown. Free parking, good WiFi.

• Standard Room

Hotel is old and dumpy. Bed not comfortable. I asked for late check out and was told no problem I could stay until 1PM. However, was not told there is a 20.00 charge per hour until 11 AM on check out day. To the hotels credit I was shown a paper that I signed at check in that did state a 20 per hour charge. (I did not read the paper). I feel that I should have been told when I called that there would be a $20 charge per hour.

Room was clean. Staff was ok. Price was right.

• Standard Room

They stuck us in a room right by the office so we kept getting woken up all night. Tiny little TV smaller than my computer monitor. Unfriendly staff.

Convenient location within walking distance of the Space Needle and Pike's Place Market

• Suite Room

I was happy with my stay. There are no a lot of outlets but it is totally doable for the price.

Just right for the price. Super convenient. Free parking. Great value. Donuts next door were awesome.

• Standard Room

The ONLY negative I have is that there was no plug-in in the bathroom. A quick trip to CVS and extension cord later: problem solved!

The location is perfect! Right in the heart of downtown you can access everything on foot! Also the parking is super convenient. The staff were incredibly helpful and kind. Also it is a secured lot at night so you don’t need to worry about your car / belongings while you sleep!

• Standard Room

The only thing which would have improved our stay is to have access to laundry facilities.

Great location, very clean and comfortable, with friendly, helpful staff.

• Standard Room

Room was outdated wiring exposed, smaller than a cruise inside cabin, no carpets as advertised, very small TV , no overhead lighting the property was poorly maintained. Not worth the cost at all. Very disappointed.!

• Suite Room

little things were missing - fixtures were basic, soap and towels were inexpensive

clean, price - would be good for a family trying to stay inexpensively downtown. easy walk for an adult to WSCC, pike place, etc. little too long to get to MoPop, but not unndoable. refrigerator and microwave in room. staff was terse (not overly friendly) but competent.

• Standard Room

I would have liked a cupboard or some clothing drawers, but I didn't lose sleep because there weren't any! I would have liked a means to get some free coffee or tea, either in the room or at reception.

The property is a budget priced hotel, so very basic, but I only required a room for a base to sleep as I was at a conference during the days. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very clean. Towels were replaced and bins emptied, everyday! And bed was made as well. There was a desk and two chairs, and a bedside table on one side of the bed. It lacked a wardrobe and chest of drawers, but had a number of coat hooks at the end of the room by the bathroom, so I placed my suitcase on a chair and put my dresses on the hooks. I have no problem living out of a suitcase for a few nights! The heater was well received as well, being late March and the nights were still cold! I had a room on the ground floor of the courtyard, closest to the reception, so felt quite safe. There were no tea and coffee facilities in the room, and none in reception, but water and cold drinks were available to purchase at reception. Obviously the hotel had no cafeteria or restaurant, but there is a "Top Pot Doughnut" cafe right next door, so coffee and croissants or doughnuts were breakfast were okay by me and it was open until early evening for coffee if required as well. A decent restaurant is also a few doors away. Being on Fifth Avenue, it was just a few minutes walk to the centre, and about 15 minutes to Pike Place Market. Loads of places to eat and drink, and I can honestly say I would stay here again in the future. Seattle is my favourite city so far, and I love it.

• Suite Room

Bathroom problem: faucet difficult to shut off, water leaked on the bathroom floor.

Convenient location, only few blocks walking distance to those important scenic spots, famous department stores and Westlake Station.

• Standard Room

Everything was comfortable enough, just outdated. Some money should be spent on upgrading walls molding Etc. It looks like they redid the floors which was nice though.

I liked that the property had secured parking after a certain time. It would have been good to know this prior to leaving, and coming home late and finding you locked out of the premises however. Somebody was available to let me in, but still would have been nice to have known that prior to.

• Standard Room

Every single drink desk staff was cold and stand off-ish. No greetings upon arrival or leaving. Please train your staff on better customer service. Also the room had bare minimal

• Standard Room

For the price, the accommodation was very good. There were deadbolts on the door, my queen size bed was comfortable, and the washroom was reasonably clean. My room did not face the skytrain tracks, and so was relatively quiet, as were my neighbours. I would say this is a very good choice for the budget conscious traveler.

• Standard Room

This hotel is overpriced for both location and structure. No hair dryer included in unit. Out dated. No outlet in bathroom or anywhere close to a mirror for getting ready.

Plenty of pillows

• Standard Room

Were pleasantly surprised by it's cleanliness. I loved the bedspread and colors used in the rooms, didn't feel like a typical hotel room.....better.☺ I also loved the fact that that our car was secured behind a locked hate for the night....in their free parking lot.

• Standard Room

The rooms are clean, the price is right and there is free parking. It’s an older hotel but still in decent shape. If you’re looking for a 5 Star experience then the King’s Inn isn’t for you. If you’re looking for a decent hotel, priced right in downtown Seattle, this is your spot.

• Standard Room

Definitely bare bones and worn. A little noisy at night but not as bad as I had imagined.

Appreciated that parking is included and how close it was to Pike Place

• Standard Room

The room was very humid and small, but overall very nice.

The room was absolutely adorable, we loved the decor. Vintage and cute. Not very spacious but it was clean, cute, and comfortable. The shower worked well as did the heater/AC. Loved the large window, this hotel has a great view. Couldn't ask for a better location. It was right next to shopping, food, and the convention center.

• Standard Room

The parking was underground via one steep ramp to an even smaller parking cubby. Had a difficult time leaving the same way because there's no clearance or view of the road ahead. Scary. Would not recommend all vehicles even attempt. The mini fridge was unplugged and the ice box had melted all over the floor. The tv was stuck on one channel. The front desk staff was not accommodating. The website Bookings.com listed that I can pay cash at check in and only required a credit card for registration, but they actually charged my card and I could not pay cash. Also the floors were sticky, so no going barefoot or enjoying the stay/relaxing. 😟

The location. 5th and Blanchard downtown is desirable.

• Standard Room

Rooms need updating. Would have been nice to have a mini fridge or a coffee maker.

Decent walking distance to everything I planned to do, everything was clean and the times I needed to speak to staff it was a pleasant experience. Bedspreads were the best thing ever.

• Standard Room

The shower was clogged and the hot water took too long to come out. The shower curtains were bitten by mice. The heater was either too hot or too cold. The outside lights were on all night and the light came into the bedroom through the Windows.

• Standard Room

Early check out - could be extended to noon which is normal. Also it would be nice to have a locker for guests who wish to leave luggage.

The room was very clean and the staff changes towels every day during my stay

• Standard Room

Plugs for appliances almost non-existent. Had to unplug lamps to plug in device chargers. Broken fire alarm. Could not sleep first night, sounded like neighbors were bowling all night.

Location, location, location

• Suite Room

The blanket had long hair stuck to them, probably from static cling as they were clearly clean sheets. The front desk staff brought us new blankets to replace it The hotel was probably built in the 1960s and not renovated in any major way, so you're staying in a classic motel. Understanbly due to the lack of sufficient accommodation in the downtown area, the cost of even basic accommodation like this is astronomical.

Location and secure parking are the prime features of this location. The hotel has been freshly painted and spruced up. You can talk a long stroll to Pike Place and the Space Needle, but this is generaly good for just walking around the downtown area.

• Suite Room

Parking is tight, don’t bring a truck our mini van was a challenge in the parade. Single pane windows very loud street noise and deliveries in lane started at 6:45 am

Very close walking distancie to downtown attractions

• Standard Room

Bed was uncomfortable. Definitely didn’t feel like there was privacy. Very small. Staff wasn’t all that welcoming, especially when we asked to leave at night to grab a bite to eat, and the gates were locked in on us. However it was a last minute booking for the best price we could get, so the service we got was the service we expected.

Location was excellent, prices were very good compared to other hotels in that area.

• Standard Room

Not the best bed I’ve ever slept on but it was okay. Linens and bedding were comfy and made up for it.

Fantastic location, within walking distance to Pike Place. Secure entrance and secure underground parking. Room was very clean, though simple and dated. It was perfect for what we needed - a place to sleep on a quick overnight trip through the city. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, and the check-in and check-out was extremely fast and efficient.

• Standard Room

Dirty, grimy, hair all over the place, one tv channel, no coffee or breakfast, after we checked on we were told we had to wait for them to make a new room key so we sat there waiting at 10PM for 20 minutes to get a key to our room. There were blood splatter on the bathroom walls and the tub was disgusting.

Nothing, we like nothing at all about the place

• Standard Room

Small room for the price. Door didn’t close all the way. Right beside train/public transit line

Great location. Owner was good but other staff was lost.

• Standard Room

The comforter was stained or not clean, there wasn't an alarm clock,and a pen to write with. The room was really small, even for one person. The TV was small as well. The downtown noise was also hard to sleep at night.

The location was great to walk around to places.

• Standard Room

WiFi hardly works especially in the rooms behind the bathroom - there's nearly no network there. In "front" room it worked, but with very, very slow connectivity. Moreover, there was no hot water during night - we have checked in after 11 pm and there was no hot water under shower.

Inn is pretty ok itself. The best pro of this Inn is location. It has free parking spots as well. We have booked room of 2 beds and received 1+2 config - one bigger bed in one room and two single beds in another.

• Standard Room

To start, they don't take the time to greet you., or talk to you about the place,area you're staying. Didn't offer any touring passes even though it said on their booking page. The two few staff that I saw- they don't greet you, they just give you this serious stare look.. the room inside, I asked for a 2 bed they gave me an extra room I don't know if I even got charged for that, because the fee that I paid for that place was not worth it. They were no electric plugs where it was needed to be, an the one thats in the bathroom didn't even work. February is one of the coldest month they couldnt even offer extra blankets. And last the heater was not doing its job.. Sad to say If I were to visit Seattle again, That will not be the hotel I would ever stay again.for the amount that I paid I could have stay in a better place.. that's what I get for not doing my research much much deeply

Only thing, that it was close to few touring Places that I visit.

• Standard Room

I was there for business, and the wifi connection was shockingly unreliable. It is more of a motel than a hotel, with anyone and everyone being able to look inside the room from the outside and being able to access it from the porch. There was no ceiling lamp, but only a dim bedside table lamp. No wardrobe. The room was not clean. For what it was, the price was excessive.

The location is excellent.

• Standard Room

Poor Wi-Fi connection and plugs on the wall were ill fitted, one was coming off. Fridge/ microwave in the room, included in some rooms but not in all. I didn't have one

Wi-Fi to work on 3rd floor

• Standard Room

The tv was at a bad aspect ratio so you could only see about 80% of the picture. That and garbage trucks were being loud outside our window at 530am... Not the hotels fault, just the one day...

It was really convenient to most things in down town

Appears hotel was last updated in late 50's early 60's and not much of anything since. Rooms very small. Not much of anything works. TV was a whole 17" big. Toilet takes 20-30 minutes to fill due to a bad toilet valve that trickles and multiple flushes are needed. Water trickles out of sink. Probably aerator clogged and valves bad. Needed to use shower to wash hands. Twin beds on casters would roll. Despite only about 5 rooms occupied and 45-50 vacant, person at desk wanted $40-$50 to check out 1-2 hours late. No laundry facilities and only parking for mid-sized and smaller cars

The proximity of the hotel to travel connections and other places is it's ONLY saving grace. It is several blocks away from west lake center public transportation and a healthy walk to Pikes Place Mkt

• Standard Room

There needs to be a power plug in the bathroom. The shower head is way too low. The heater sucks and only blows directly onto the bed and doesn't sense temperature properly.

The location was very good

• Standard Room

The room was really small and the walls were pretty thin so we could hear the person above us walking the first night. A little outdated with door keys instead of cards.

It was an awesome location and the free underground parking was a huge bonus. They don’t have breakfast but there is a yummy donut shop next door. We walked everywhere from here even to pikes place and it wasn’t far at all. The heater in the room worked super well also.

• Standard Room

The shower was very small and the shower head was too short for my 6’3” husband. The toilet paper was way to thin. The heater air pressure was to much for being pointed right at the bed.

The room was clean and the bed spread was very colorful.

• Standard Room

The staff were super polite, succinct, always multi tasking, and never once overstepped themselves. I've stayed there multiple times and I plan to return! AWESOME place to kick back and relax, and it seems to draw a very respectful crowd.

• Standard Room

Overall the property was pretty good, it is a little outdated and the TV screens are tiny.

The property is centrally located. It's easy to walk to Pike Place or over to the Space Needle. Their rates are also very reasonable

• Standard Room

It had VERY few amenities, just the absolute basics and was quite dated.

I booked this only because of the price and location. I knew of the motel, so I was definitely not expecting anything nice, but it was clean and had a comfortable bed.

• Standard Room

The bathroom wasn't very clean. Could have been a bit cleaner.

Definitely value for money - the accommodation is basic but what do expect for that price. Beds were comfy.

• Standard Room

Old motel. Very minimal parking. We ended up staying the remainder of the trip at the Warwick, which is much nicer and not that much more expensive

Very close to the Seattle Center

• Standard Room

Super cold in the room and one of the A/C buttons was broken. We found someone's glasses under the bed. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom. The service was not that nice, the wifi wasn't very good and the room was somewhat gloomy. There wasn't enough power sockets. No breakfast, no fridge or microwave.

Clean, good location

• Standard Room

Heater was loud. Front door matt was too small for all the outdoor shoes. Travel noise was abit loud but we had ear plugs.

Location, location. So well situated. Closed gate at night for security.

• Standard Room

There was no hairdryer, floor towel, lights in the ceiling, bath plug, and the lobby smelled of weed (for those who care).

I liked how friendly the staff were and the parking they had. It really saved me a lot of trouble to just park in the free small parking garage. Also, the lobby totally smelled of weed haha, and that didn't bother me, but my partner was unhappy about it.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Room

nothing to complain about payment was not super clear other than that it was great. Photos online did not do this place justice.

I had a nice stay I felt very safe even though it was in the middle of the city. I had my teenage son with and this location was very convenient for downtown entertainment. I will use them again great crash pad.

• Standard Room

Room was freezing,& the heater never got hot. I'd set it to 80/ high, & it just blew warm/cool air around - when I told the front desk, he said"it'll take a while" ; it never happened.

Not much to like.

Nothing sticks out. I got what I paid for. Value Clean

It was easy to find. Check in was quick and easy. Friendly staff. Location is perfect to walk to shopping mall and restaurants

• Standard Room

The receptionist during the day on Saturday is so rude and should not be at a front desk. I assume he is family of the owner and that is why he has a job.

I t was close to downtown.

See above!!!!!

The room was terrible. The toilet seat had a huge crack in it. Would have to run the hot water for 25 minutes before hot to come. There wasn't any coffee pot in the room or frig. We could see in other rooms that had these amenities. When complained nothing was resolved. Offered a nasty dirty water pot that plugged in. The toilet seat wasn't fixed. When asked after three days. Received a no answer. I would not rent from this place again.

• Standard Room

The rooms had large single paned windows which left the room rather cold all night. The baseboard heater beside my bed was cranked on as high as it would go yet i was freezing. The duvet helped a lot but when i got out of my bed to go to the bathroom, it took a while to heat up again. The heater beside my friends bed was super noisy when on, so she had to keep it off while sleeping. Also there were big trucks making lots of loud noises outside the window in the back ( in my bedroom ) which kept me up all night. Not something the hotel really had control of but lets just say between the cold and the noise, I didn’t have the best sleep in the world.

The room was clean and in a great location. Lots of restaurants close by.

• Standard Room

No coffee making facilities in the room. No safe.

Excellent location. Easy walking distance of Pike Market. Lots of places to eat and some nice bars. Avis car rental only two blocks along 5th avenue (if you need to rent a car for a day). Beds are comfortable. It is what is it.

• Standard Room

The only problems were the wifi that was not accesible in our room (325), and it took too much time to get hot water. Apart of it - no complains.

In general the hotel i cheap comparing to other hotels in this part of Seattle, and it was OK.

• Standard Room

Would have been nice to have a bigger tv but for a solo trip or one where tv isn't really involved. All around great place.

Everything was solid. Cheap motel smack in the middle of downtown seattle

• Standard Room

There were exposed wires in the bathroom, wires stapled to the wall/ceiling IN the shower. Yet somehow there wasn't a single electrical outlet in the bathroom. How does that happen?!

It was a good location, close to convention center.

• Standard Room

Window large open to public area is ok but curtain not always sufficient. Not realy cheap.

Location,bed, overall tv-ok.batroom rudimentary but ok.lots of towels.privacy.

• Standard Room

I called the day before we arrived to check on our reservation and the person that answered the phone seemed bothered to answer the phone. When we arrived, the person who was working was not friendly, just like a robot doing his job. No smile, no how are you, no thank you. We actually checked out a day early because the beds were so hard. When we checked out, the day guy was rude as well. Would not recommend this place. No hospitality at all.

The location was perfect for what we wanted to do.

• Standard Room

This is a motel not a Hotel, Very basic room, 4 pegs on a wall, no wardrobe. No drink making facilities or a bar. Bedding clean but unironed. Shower rusted. Single glazed windows, heard every sound.

Location and cleanliness

• Standard Room

The person at the desk when I checked in was about as surly a person as I've ever met in the HOSPITALITY business and didn't know that his "hotel" is actually a motel (the person at check-out was much more enjoyable to deal with). The room was poorly fitted out, the curtains were hung backwards, it's poorly maintained, the bathroom was old and in need of repairs/remodeling. There were two carpet remnants on each side of the bed and the rest of the floor was linoleum (I think). The mattress was hard as the ground and I could feel the springs when I sat or laid on it. The padding was so inadequate that the edge of the bed sorta "cut" into the back of my legs if I sat there for any amount of time. For the two nights I was there, I NEVER got hot water at the sink and was told by the front desk that it was because the boiler is so far away from the sink pipes (wth?!?). Interestingly, there was plenty of hot water for the shower (and great water pressure) even when the sink still had no hot water. The fan in the bathroom made lots of noise but did nothing - 30 minutes after my shower, the mirror was still completely covered in steam condensation. The motel was inexpensive and the good news there is that the room was fairly priced given the location. The other plus is that I felt safe, and as a woman traveling alone that is VERY important. If you're like me and prefer to use the majority of your travel dollars for experiences and good food, this might be the place for you. But just know going in that you're gonna get what you pay for.

The location was great - walking distance to downtown, the Space Needle, restaurants, shopping. Easy walk from the light rail while dragging a suitcase. Felt reasonably safe both in the neighborhood and while in my room.

• Standard Room

Felt that it was basic for the price we paid and the first member of staff we met was unhelpful. The other two staff we spoke to were good. However first impressions count. It was also very noisy and the curtain did not cover window area without careful arrangement which left you exposed to the world whilst in bed.

Location and free parking

• Standard Room

Beds were uncomfortable . Pretty loud right now as they are building an apt across the street. Curtains do need to be replaced as they don't really cover the windows properly. No recycle containers in rooms.

Perfect location for walking & public transit. Everything is so close. price point is still good compared to most.

• Standard Room

For what we need there are none. This is an older facility & may not be right for everyone.

This is our 'go to' place to stay when we go to Mariners games. For us it's within walking distance to & from the games.

• Standard Room

Well..where to begin: 1. I'm a security freak and the front door does not seem very secure. 2. One of the lamps had a light out (I switched from one of the bathroom lights). 3. The shower faucet is in need of replacement. 4. A bigger tv...the one on the wall is just too tiny.

The interaction with staff was pleasant. The location is great. Walking to many places in the downtown area is a nice.

• Standard Room

I wish the room had a small fridge and a microwave. It needed a new shower head. And there was no warm water in the sink.

I loved how this cute little motel was situated in the middle of downtown Seattle; beautiful, tall buildings surrounding this quaint little place. I liked the rooftop garden, the rock garden with the plants in it, and all the planter boxes. I like how it was within walking distance to everything; the space needle, Pike Place market, the Seattle Art Museum, and Key Arena. Everything was accessible by foot.

• Standard Room

Drab outdated rooms. Had to keep curtains drawn or NO privacy. No breakfast but a donut and coffee place up the block. If you stay there, the Margaux is great for food. Lolas is overpriced for lunch and you get teensy portions. (Breakfast is a better bet there).

Great location. Clean enough. Bed OK. Ice machine in the garage!? Staff detached. But cheaper than most places in the city and in a good spot for walking the city. Nothing special. Did have free secure parking, a plus.

Browse Kings Inn traveller photo gallery