Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Pasadena 2 stars

2156 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107, USA

#24 of 30 hotels in Pasadena

6.2

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Rooms were up to date, clean, and comfortable!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t much parking but luckily we got a spot close to the check in office where we can keep an eye on it. During my shower I noticed an open shampoo bottle and bar of soap above in the window seal, housekeeping must’ve forgotten to clean there. The rest of the room was clean so it wasn’t that big of a problem to me.

Rooms were up to date, clean, and comfortable! Check in & check out was fast and easy. Staff was very friendly. Wish I would’ve took pictures of the room but it was a busy trip I forgot to take some.

Unsatisfactory.

Upon check-in, I was informed that the Ramada hadn't received the reservation information from booking.com. Mind you, I had placed the reservation early that morning. I had made a reservation for a two queen beds. And upon check-in, according to the person at the front desk, there was no reservation under my name and proceeded with telling me that the facility was fully booked. The only thing he had available was a suite which only included one bed and a pull out which was a problem already. As if that wasn't bad enough, it turned out being more, and I feel the price that I had booked the double room with, should have been honored. And in the end of it all, my other guests ended up not staying with me and went to a different hotel which I thought was causing them inconvenience as well as me. Service all around was poor, the front desk person assured me he'd bring up extra linens and pillows for the pull-out bed, he never did. I've been a guest of that Ramada many many times, and have always been happy with the amenities and all around service, but this time, I was not. I'm not sure who's to blame in this scenario, but I do hope to get some type of credit for future reservation, or a comp'ed room or something for all the trouble it caused me and my guests.

The fact it had a good working microwave, refrigerator, iron...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The tolit was to low and worn out in look and the fact you can't even dial the front desk with the phone in the room unless you pay

The fact it had a good working microwave, refrigerator, iron and air. The furniture was up to date.

Close to the Road Bowl stadium

The carpet was looked dirty, the faucet knob was broken, the room smelled musty, the a/c was not cooling the room down & one of the queen beds had a huge dip right in the middle of the mattress.

Close to the Road Bowl stadium

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The facilities need upgrades. It’s very old. The old fixtures need replacing and also cleaning. Obvious poor repairs to wallpaper.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was quiet. No random loud noises. Convenient location to necessary amenities.

It was one of the lowest prices on the web and I needed a quick place to stay near the freeway.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place is due for a renovation. The carpet was filthy. The bathroom was clean and I hope for the best on the linens. In retrospect, I should have spent more on another place. They were nice enough. It is what it is.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Friendly service.

Friendly service. My parents are disabled & cant climb to 2nd floor where our only bath is, so they go there twice a week for showers. They are so polite and helpful to my folks honestly surprises me how nice and respectful they are. It means the world to them and me.

Was fair, only there to sleep and shower, not recommended for a destination stay.

The building was old and rundown, especially the bathroom. We were given a room on the street so was pretty noisey.

Bed was comfortable. The location was fairly good for visiting Pasadena.

The pool was clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

1) the rooms were not very clean(we found moldy lemons under the beds and dresser) 2) most of the staff wasn’t very nice 3) the ice machines were broken 4) maid services were not good(they didn’t speak much English therefore had no idea what we asked) 5) smoke alarms went off every day at 9:30 6) one customer complained about roaches and another had a rat in her bed 7) elevator doors closed so fast, someone is bound to get caught up in it 8) not enough parking on premises so I had to buy a street parking permit in case there wasn’t a spot left for me in the hotel.

The pool was clean

a cheap motel for high price
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Cheap feeling, old-furnished and not very clean rooms, not good location. I was fooled by the name Ramada, which I knew as a chain of high-quality mid-priced hotels

nothing. OK, breakfast is good for a cheap motel.

It was still a nice relaxing stay

Didn't like that i couldn't check in early, if i wanted to check in early i had to pay extra $40. So i had to keep my 1 yr old in the truck till 2:00 .. breakfast was crowded they more waffle makers to accommodate all their guest. Pool area needs to be kept cleaner and the jacuzzi wasnt really working on our last day no one came out to see if it can be fixed when we let front office know, the pool arwa needs to be swept more we found a vapor pen on the floor along with cigarette butts .

The room were big and spacious.. staff was nice and friendly answered any questions i had.

Worth staying on a budget

The photos didn't match up at all with the rooms. The carpet was extremely dingy and gross. The bedding was stained and ripped. The AC unit was ancient and blowing out musty/moldy air. The toilet was making crazy loud noises. The free breakfast options were pretty limited. The amount we paid for the room was good, but we were under impression the rooms were better quality.

The staff was super friendly and responsive. Check in and check out process was very smooth. Cost was fairly cheap for how last minute we booked, and the location in Pasadena was pretty good.

The breakfast choices were good, the coffee was nice and hot...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator closes quickly to go up to the 2nd and 3rd floors. Be careful, if you aren't quick, you're getting hit by the doors. In our room, the shower dripped ALL NIGHT! so annoying...we moved the handle around, made sure that the mechanism to pull/push for the tub/shower was down and finally shut the door and turned up the ac. We hung up our towels like the card indicated, but all of our towels were replaced? Kind of confusing. :) we appreciated the clean towels but we were trying to "conserve" water.

The breakfast choices were good, the coffee was nice and hot and the flavor was good! the bed was comfy. Overall the complex was quiet so we slept well.

Really enjoyed the balcony.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked the microwave in the room.

We had planned a trip to Santa Anita Horse race track. The location of this hotel was great for our needs.

Close to civic center,where we were headed,but kind of on the fringes!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

it appears they’re working on remodeling,but their housekeeping dept. could be a little more diligent,curtains off hook,toilet running!

Location to civic center and price was good!

I thought it was very highy priced.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner. Shower curtain was stained, bathroom mirror hadn't been cleaned. Carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed.

I thought it was very highy priced.

terrible
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

terrible service. light in the bathroom not working, towels are wet. The TV remote control is not working... In the registration area, the hot water is cold, the coffee is cold. The front desk people is not friendly at all....

I like nothing about this hotel....

I just expected more for your money. There’s too many choices to deal with unhelpful employees.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There’s never trash bags in the room trash can. Night clerk wasn’t too helpful in getting a room downstairs. Instead offer me a room downstairs in the back parking structure that looks like it’s been use by big so nice people if you know what I mean. It’s also look unsafe for a woman like myself that was alone. Jr just wasn’t helpful or act concern about helping his company keep repeat customers. So I think I’ll look for another location to stay in Pasadena next time. I guess customer service is extinct in some places.

Some rooms was clean. Check 2 rooms out. The second room was clean.

NOT AGAIN~
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

STAFF WAS SO NICE BUT FROM THE FOUL ODOR OF THE ROOM TO LEAKY WATER SUPPLY AT SHOWER, FAULTY A.C. AND SWAY-BACK BED + I WAS BEING BIT BY SOMETHING THROUGH-OUT THE NIGHT.

LOCATION TO LAX WAS GREAT, KEPT US CLEAR OF THE LA MADNESS. STAFF WAS VERY NICE.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Not worth the price at all. All I needed was a rotary old phone, everything is outdated, not very well taken care of, not too clean, I honestly expected more because of the name. And parking is horrible. The TV and fridge were disconnected.

The staff was helpful.

Good Value for the Money

When we arrived we all 8 People had to use the Bathroom after a long Trip. We had to wait till one room was checked in to use that Bathroom, no other Bathroom available.

The Location was excellent. The Breakfast was OK.

Nice Hotel at Nice Location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price appears to be a little expensive. One day extension was even though told to be USD 85 went in excess of USD 125.

I had come to Pasadena to try and see whether I can be rehired by Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles for 7+ yrs. I stayed at this hotel because of his proximity to Kaiser and is in a nice location in the beautiful city of Pasadena (Some Cities add value by their Ambiance and Pasadena, Glendale and Valencia are such cities in USA). Hotel provided a nice desk with light which made me up and running quickly. Breakfast was nice. Even though I have not yet been rehired by Kaiser I hope that I would get rehired and bring my daughter and family from India and stay at this hotel at the time of joining Kaiser.

Fine for the price and location. Air conditioning helped with smoke smell.

smelled like smoke in a nonsmoking room, sheets you could see through from lots of laundering.

location, price weekday, spacious, breakfast area decent for seating, water pressure in shower good.

Unsatisfactory
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator didn’t work. We requested first floor which we didn’t get. The room was for 2 senior citizens so very hard when elevator kept going out. Problems with the key working not working.

Clean

It was in a okay location near restaurants and several...

The carpet in the room was terribly soiled, it smelled like smoke from cigarettes. There was still old coffee in the coffee pot when we got there, and the trash cans hadn't even been emptied yet. The towels were very poor quality. The Wi-Fi never work for us and the two days we were there, I complain to the service staff and they acted like it didn't matter. Overall very dissatisfied will not stay there again.

It was in a okay location near restaurants and several amenities.

Nice Accomodation at Nice Location

Probably a little more equipment in the Gym. Treadmill was not easy to use and it frequently changed the speed automatically making it difficult to use.

This is in a nice location in Pasadena, convenient to the city. Staff is professional and friendly. Good Breakfast.

The city was nice.

Needs better customer service at check-in time, room expectation could have been better. Unfortunately, will not be staying there again, my family and I have another trip in April and we will be staying in the same city but requested a different hotel.

The city was nice.

don't expect too much
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

sheets-duvets-pillow cases looks smells dirty . covered with hair. rugs look dirty. lights of room insufficient, colors of walls depressing

breakfasts are good front desk was kind

Everything was fine until you check in and you're surprised with an additional price

The parking there's always Never Enough parking

Every time I come to town I like staying at the Ramada they're clean they serve you breakfast it's all good

Not satisfied at all
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room, the fact that housekeeping threw out my food when they came in to clean. I didn’t check out so there was no reason to throw my food away that I didn’t even have on or near the trash

Didn’t feel comfortable in the room. The door look as though it may have been kicked in at one time. Didn’t seem the most cleanest I ever saw... Housekeeping came in while i was out & threw away my food & I was not happy about that. Overall I wasn’t satisfied

Pretty content
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It could've been more cleaner when we arrived to our room, there were some dust and dirt and our shower and toilet was a lil questionable of grim

Breakfast was very excellent and loved the waffles. Our room fit my family pretty well

The room was very clean.

There was a lamp on the table but no outlet to use, so the lamp could not be used. The faucets were difficult to turn on & off; the shower handle was very loose. The phone did not work.

The room was very clean.

Meh- maybe ok for the price.

Room was a little worn our and run down, with lots of scuffs and scratches and things that could’ve been cleaned better or painted over. There was a beanie behind the dresser. TV remote didn’t work at all. Bed was hard and left me sore.

It was adequate. Parking was easy. Location was convenient. Shower was hot, good water pressure.

Dirty, run down, noisy, uncomfortable hotel!

Dirty, falling apart, run down, noisy hotel. Very uncomfortable beds that squeaked. Shower dirty. Toilet and air conditioner broken. Don't stay here if you want a good nights rest. Hair in the tub is not mine!

I didn't like anything about this hotel!

Enjoyed our stay.

The only thing I didn't like was the room next to us alarm went off at 2am both nights we were there (first night we were not sure if someone was in the room, second night we knew) but once we called the front desk it was just matter of minutes before they went in the room and turned it off.

Nice, clean and great location.

Free parking and a convenient location a few miles from...

Free parking and a convenient location a few miles from super cute downtown Pasadena! Hotel in general was showing some age, but the staff was friendly, hot tub was hot, coffee was available and we felt safe in the area :).

Room was ok, free breakfast not so good, no juice, milk,...

Room was ok, free breakfast not so good, no juice, milk, eggs were in a crock pot type appliance. Went in hungry, left hungry But the shower was great

Never again

Bed bugs, smell to smoke even thought it said it was a nonsmoking place. I had to request a different room since I could not stand the cigarette smell

Easy to park and easy check in

They Should have paid me to stay there!

Horrible mattress, dirty carpet, old furniture. Very small tv, no updated technology other than what they use to conserve energy.

The location and the free breakfast.

The staff was welcoming, courteous, and very friendly.

The staff was welcoming, courteous, and very friendly. The hotel and room was very clean, sheets and towels - clean. The breakfast has good variety and everything fresh. Highly recommended!

Decent enough, if you're looking for a place just to sleep at while your visiting the area.

Fix broken things. There is a broken drawer handle on the dresser that has sharp edges. Also, the night attendant while I was there would occupy one of the handicap parking spaces with no legal ability to do so. I have handicap plates and had to find a different spot one night.

Hot tub and pool area were very clean, and the hot tub was the perfect temperature. I like the use of NFC technology to unlock doors, however, it would be nice to also offer to add the "door key" to cell phones.

Disappointing for a major chain hotel. Expected much better.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This was probably the worst major brand chain hotel (Wyndham/Ramada) that weve ever experienced. Old run down building. Very poor amateur repairs and painting inside the room. (The mouldings didnt come close to meeting at 45 degrees). The sink handle was an 80s plastic one piece ball that sort of worked when you figured out that H means cold, C means hot, On means off, and Off means on. Very Orwellian. Found a very long black hair on the sheets. The door wouldnt lock properly. WiFi didnt work, extremely slow and timed out before any website opened. Mirror was all streaky and had spots of toothpaste spit. Yeah, it was pretty gross. We didn't dare try the free breakfast in the lobby.

We wanted clean cheap major brand quality room for a short one night sleepover and we expected this Ramada would do. We were disappointed to say the least. I can say the location was good, the desk clerk was polite and efficient, the bed was comfortable and we slept well. So it wasnt all bad, but....

wouldnt be back unless there was no availability any where else

read above

what fluffy eggs ?no cream cheese for bagels, donuts not fresh,coffee was weak,.I think the whole breakfast should be discontinued and the money spent else where like fixing the ice machine,the problematic cable system as it needed to be reset everytime we changed the channel,it was very frustrating because it took three of us to even get it working when we arrived We,called front desk about the problem twice and was finally told to move the dresser to get to the box,we got it on but had too many problems trying to change channels...we gave up on the tv. Overall,the place seems neglected,could use some tlc ,not a good value for the money.ss

The staff was friendly and professional.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was nor clean: ~ Black stains throughout the entire carpet ~ Peeling wallpaper ~ blood stains on the air condition unit ~ dirty bath tub ~ ripped curtains ~ dusty furniture

The staff was friendly and professional.

Good value and close to night life. Some rooms better than others.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Good location and good value. Some rooms are better than others. I stay in this area of Pasadena regularly because it is close to lots of restaurants and night life.

Decent for the price.

There were ants everywhere in our bathroom. They were going up walls and on floor and by bathroom sink. Beds are not comfortable. The eating area is small.

Staff was very friendly and helpful!

Don't bother. Keep looking. Not worth the price. This is a $49 motel in a $200 area.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Awful! Old and damaged furniture. Remote for tv didn't work. Whoever they got to take the pics for this property is an artist because this place looks NOTHING like the pics. Property charged the wrong card for hold. You will be kept up from the neighborhood guys drinking in the garages right next to hotel window. In the morning nothing but garbage trucks for a wake up call. Just awful!

At least it was clean.

Vons is just down the street as well as a Noodle place and...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The remote on the tv and the tv system were confusing

Vons is just down the street as well as a Noodle place and Sahara restaurant is just down the street. It makes easy to get what you need without going into Pasadena.

What A Nightmare!!!!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Stains on room carpet, water damage and cracks in ceiling, parking was very little, but worst of all trying to sleep when you hear rats scratching and chew above you!!!! ROOM 329. We did talk to room desk who just replied Sorry!

I come this way many times on business and I like Pasedena, but I will not be staying here again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Not very roomy, bordering on dangerous. I got up last night and stubbed my toe on the bottom of the bed. Someone could easily break a toe or fall. Toiletries provided were average and the shampoo bottle looked old and used. Also, your hair dryer didn't work!

All necessities were provided, but too pricey for the lack of amenities.

The walls are thin!

Originally requested this deluxe room to have rollaway bed/crib - there was no way you could fit an extra bed in this room. It was tiny. My family came home from an event and you could hear the “activity” next door. I had to put on TV super loud to drown out noise so my children couldn’t have to hear that.

Front desk offered helpful information about shuttles which we took advice on.

Was acceptable for the discounted cost on booking.com. It may have been an older room. Loved balcony

Room could have been cleaner. Lots of dust & dirt around bed & bed frame. 1 very thin blanket & alarm clock was not working, actually had to unplug it because there was no way to turn radio off. I checked in & had to leave immediately or would have asked for another blanket & working alarm clock.

Staff very nice had working freezer in fridge for my ice packs. Gave me a balcony & top floor room.

Nice, clean, comfortable, safe, very nice looking facility and
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A couple of stains on the chair. I think they should wash /scrub the chair so the whole thing can evenly dry so it all looks the stain instead of spot cleaning because the spots are quite visible to the eye. Also they charged me for making a five page document copy; really didn't think that was ok.

Would stay there again and would recommend a friend. Food was ok just not the Embassy Suites but it was really really ok.

Bait and switch
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Way Over priced . Parking spaces too small couldnt get out of car.cable didnt work,shower curtain was completely broke off.

Not much, but they did allow early check in which was absolutely necessary.

All in all it was a great day and we felt fresh and well rested for our day at the San Diego zoo
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Prices could have been lower and a discount offered for yes staying longer than one night

This was the first motel in the past five motels that I actually had a great night sleep in a very comfortable bed. The property is very clean and well-maintained and the staff are very professional and friendly. Great value for the money especially in Pasadena. Booking.com save me $50 a night. The breakfast was amazing. So much to choose from and so delicious; exactly what my body was craving after a 5-day drive from Virginia

Not so good
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean. Bathroom had previous occupants shampoo and hair left behind. Carpet felt tacky/sticky. Walls super thin, you could hear everything everyone was saying.

Staff very friendly if disorganized. Can walk to a few food spots.

I was horrified at the location as it looks so much nicer on line. Inside was terrible.

The hotel overcharged due to a concert in the area that was cancelled that weekend. They then lowered the price by $40, but the value was no where near what it should have been for $150 a night. The furniture was old and ripped. Chair wood was peeling, shower was coming out of the wall, gum on the carpet.

Staff were okay.

Comfortable & pleasant stay. (Maybe you should call yourselves the Comfort Inn.)
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Just one thing. The large Ramada welcome mat outside the entrance to the registration desk was torn and worn. Needs replacing.

I would return from meetings relatively late at night. I appreciated the cleanliness and quiet.

The outside light was blaring into the room because the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside light was blaring into the room because the curtain wasn't long enough to black out the window. It was difficult to sleep with light in my face. There was a pile of spilled food on the rug outside my door that was there when I checked in and when I checked out the next day.

Ok, but to expensive

Breakfast, AC

Location is alright, although it is not in the center of the town. It's easy to get to Caltech, but, I must say it could be cleaner and the value for money is not that good. The breakfast options are fairly modest and the AC is fairly loud.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room itself did not seem too clean, the shower had a glob of hair on the shower curtain & the sink was plugged. It was not what I expected for the "Ramada Inn"

Not too much to like

Disappointed from the beginning, I would not recommend anyone to stay at this location
    • King Room -Smoking

Put in smoking room, asked for non smoking Hair dryer did not work Light bulbs over sink were out Only one elevatior When trying to leave, had to walk around laundry being done

Bed only

Comfortable stay

Mattress could have been softer. And I don't know what they rinse the towels in, but felt like water repellant. Did not dry very well at all.

Room was comfortable. Clean. Amenities were good.

Do not waste your money here

Arrived to a wad of hair in the tub. Dirty carpet and used tissue behind the bed table. Room clearly not cleaned. Blood stains on sheet. Nasty.

View of the mountains.

Good stay.

The batroom was a little smelly, not sure what it was? Maybe the shower curtain? But it was still a good stay.

Location was great and safe. Comfortable, clean, nice pool.

Gross

So dirty, used Condom in front of the door way of my room,dirty carpets, and walls,holes on sheets and blankets,smells,could not stay the 2 nights! Never again

Absolutely nothing! This was a horrible filthy place,how can booking.com even have them on there list.

The location was good
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The smoke alarm was missing from the room which is a safety hazard. The room wasn't the cleanest I've ever stayed in either. Parking was very tight on the back side of the hotel

The location was good

It was an enjoyable stay, though I wish we could have stayed a bit longer.

I can't think of a thing.

Everything was neat and clean and comfortable, and the staff was outstanding--great attitudes, friendly, eager to help. We would return.

Old tired motel

This facility was very old, the upholstered chair had cigarette burns in it, the carpet had stains all over it. The wooden chair was chipped and old. For the money it was not at all what I expected.

Expect better from Ramada

Stained carpets, door did not close well, had big crack at bottom of door, no trash can liners, needs paint. Bed comfy, clean towels. Breakfast was ample.

Breakfast only bright spot of stay

Hallways dark and very dingy. Could not engage deadbolt on exterior room door, even after jiggling it back and forth in the frame. Only one bar of soap in the entire bathroom, and no shampoo (oddly, lotion and conditioner were there). Also, booked room specifying three people; barely enough towels for two.

On site continental breakfast was fresh and filling, and room breakfast was in (hotel front desk) was clean and attractive.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Loved my stay.

I didn't like the front desk lady's beh. Not polite at all.not ready to listen. Front desk guy was awesome with very good customer service skills.

I loved the break fast. It had so many different options like boiled eggs, hot fresh waffles, cereals, breads and butter/cream cheese, bagels, fruits, coffee and many more. Good size refrigerator in the room.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Please don't ask for more...I don't normally do surveys
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Noise level from street, more pillows would have been nice.. That's all I have to say"...............................

Breakfast, temp control, service That is all I have to say thanks for asking!

Disappointed.

There appeared to be a set up for breakfast or something, but I never saw any food there nor any notification of when any would be there. No eggs and the bed felt as if the springs might poke through. Noise from the street was unpleasant. The elevator was a long way from the room.

Wouldn't go back!

Our shower didn't work; we couldn't get the wifi to connect and the pillows were small. The air cooler kept turning off and the room was stuffy.

The breakfast offered fresh fruit and name brand cereals. Good cable TV

Browse Ramada by Wyndham Pasadena traveller photo gallery