Reviews of Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton 3 stars

9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572, USA

#61 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

• One Bedroom Lodge Lake View

The room was dusty and the internet lied it was nothing like the pictures....water park for the kids was down too

It was peaceful in our area and the beach was nice

• King Room with Ocean View

I wish I could've been a little closer to the beach, and had a room with a full kitchen

Those rooms are awesome. Nice king size bed with an ocean view

Mattress and cleanliness

The bed in the condo was very uncomfortable we had to place pillows under the mattress just to get support. Found pretzel and pizza crumbs on the floor of the condo when we arrived. The staff and shuttle service were great. The location was in central Myrtle Beach with a beautiful beach.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The property particularly the Windsor 11F to be exact was dated and had a horrible smell. The green carpet had to be from the 80s. We were moved to West Hyde 8B in the wee hrs of the morning. Which was somewhat better. It was updated compared to the villa at Windsor but still dated especially the furniture. The beds were very uncomfortable. Lastly and most disappointing was I had to kill a bug/roach in the master bedroom.

I liked the location and property amenities especially the pools.

• King Room with Ocean View

I requested a lower room and ended up on the 18th floor. We are not fond of heights. Also, our room was not clean. The towels had not been replenished. Called to request more. Took 3 hrs. plus another call to get more. There was hair on the floor in the bathroom left from previous. To top it all off there was some sand on the bed sheet in the middle of the bed. For what this room cost we expected more. The hair on the floor in the bathroom was still there when we left. One final thing was that the TV didn't work very well. We would think twice about staying here again.

The hotel employees were very friendly. The location and view of the ocean are great. Nice parking deck.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

We intended to use the pull out couch, but the mattress was absolutely awful and there was no bedding for it in the room.

The room layout was nice, and it was quite spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

My toilet in the master bedroom keep running , we called the front desk a repair man showed up while were not there " not a big deal " but the toilet was not fixed. It still kept running and I think it got worse after the repair man came.

I have stayed there a few times now i think like 5 times , I like everything the kingston has to offer thats why I keep coming back, the new fitness/spa center are great .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Waterpark closes to early. 5:00?? Its a vacation spot & tourest attraction should close at 8:00. Overall stay loved it, will come agin with more members next time thanks.

Loved staff assistance & accuracy

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The condo design was late 1980’s early 1990’s and appears to not be updated, except for the sofas which appeared to be newer. Carpet throughout is worn. Plenty of closet space, but not one hanger in the condo to hang clothes. Only one small fry pan. Tile floors and a couple dozen hangers would be a nice upgrade.

Location to the beach and parking was great.

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The condo was very clean and spacious. You really felt like you were at home. I loved relaxing on the balcony in the evenings. Many things to do or you could just stay in the condo and relax.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Park View

I traveled with my 2 boys and as soon as we walk in the door my youngest son found a blue pill on the floor and I stop everything I was doing and searched and found two more in the living room by the recliner. The room itself was ok. And only one day out of the whole stay our towels got replaced once. I had to wash them after every use myself. Then location was to far to get the beach and pool when you have two kids. We had to walk through these other villas and you had people outside smoking pot and made you feel uncomfortable cause they were making comments as I walked by. The whole area was smelling like pot.

The main hotel was good and staff we came in contact with. BUT DIDN'T NOT LIKE THE VILLA WE STAYED IN.

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The south hampton building is dirty not up to date, they showed me 4 different rooms each room was not up to date, dirty or some upgrades still being done and not cleaned up. For the price I expected something a lot better and cleaner. I have stayed at Brighton building and this was worth the price we payed for before, but in reality the south hampton building needs to be shut down and upgraded for the price they are charging. Mary at the front desk did her best to get me in the brighton because I had two kids with me but the lady above her told her no and was rude about the whole situation. Mary really should be promoted into manager instead of that lady that was above her who didnt care about customers. Mary can only to so much. The building i was in had no security, smelled like weed and a constant nuisicance in and out.

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

Went into the room there seemed to be boogers on the wall and I found a pack of used condoms in the nightstand and it was hard to get in touch with reception

My view was amazing of the ocean and everything

• One Bedroom Lodge Lake View

We stayed at the condos at Laurel Court. Our one bedroom was dirty, the sheets had a hole and sand in them, and there were no sheets for the pull out sofa bed. We had to call housekeeping and they did a great job remaking everything but it was late and our kids were so tired. Plus we weren’t told anything about the grounds at check in so we had to figure it all out and the grounds are huge. I was most disappointed in the dirty condo and how worn down it was.

The pools and beaches were nice. The main hotel was nice as well.

• One Bedroom Lodge Lake View

Bed in the unit was verrrry uncomfortable. It felt like we were sleeping on a box spring. We had to wipe down the counters in the kitchenette and bathroom. The lake view was wonderful.

• King Room with Ocean View

I was disappointed that the room didn't have any tissues, there were no stirrers for the coffee, and there were not pen and note pad to make some notes for our trip.

We just had drinks at the bar, which were okay.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Room looked nothing like picture. Unit was old and in serious need of an update. Listing was for a king size bed in master, ended up with a full for my 6'2" husband who couldn't sleep in it any way as it was extremely uncomfortable as were the beds in the spare bedroom. Carpet was stained in multiple areas. Furniture looked like it came from someone's garage sale. Kitchen was minimally furnished. Dishwasher was not even attached to cabinet/counter so it tipped forward when opening it. The condo itself was clean, except for tiny bugs that would get into kitchen at night even though all doors and windows were closed. Would not stay here again unless I could confirm we were in more updated rooms.

Staff were very friendly. Great beach location and multiple pools. Not far from activities

• King Room with Ocean View

Water was not that hot in shower, iron was cheap and didn’t work; brought us new towels but not new wash cloths.

Campus was well kept and inviting. Excellent views. Rooms were clean and well kept. Location was great.

• Three-Bedroom Ocean Front View Condo - Margate

NOTHING TO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS PLACE.

WE WERE SUPER PLEASES WITH OUR STAY. WE WERE EXPECTING A 3 BEDROOM BUT HAD A 4 BEDROOM 3 FULL BATH AT THE MARGATE. OUR ROOM 2707 WAS AMAZING. WE WERE THERE TO CELEBRATE OUR DAUGHTER 19 YR BDAY. SHE ENDED UP GETTING SICK IN THE MIDDLE OF NIGHT AND TO GO TO THE ER. BUT EVEN WITH THAT, THE ROOM AND THE VIEW WAS AMAZING.THERE

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Very dated building and furnishings. Not all lighting worked. Kitchen lacked scissors, paper towels and dishwasher very old. NO recycling available....even phoned about it and was told to throw everything away.

Condo was very nice and loved the view and location. A bit dated and not everything worked.

• Three-Bedroom Ocean View Condo

I didn't like that we had twin beds and the air mattress wasn't any good if would not keep any air in it. Was very disappointed.

I loved the room

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The toilet got stuck a few times, but nothing too terrible

We loved the Villa we stayed in. There was a lot of space for the 4 of us! We were able to enjoy beach and pool. We also played tennis. We look forward to trying pickle ball next time!

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The hot tubs were “reeeaaaal messed up” and the screen door to our back patio was very difficult to open. Also once when we returned to our room all the tv were turned on but they were off when we had originally left the room.

The location was excellent. The service at the restaurant and Starbucks was quick.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The pull out couch was very uncomfortable. The "porch" could use a good scrubbing.

The villa was clean and ready even though we were a little early. CHeck in was easy, the staff were friendly and helpful. The amenities were great for a six year old.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

How cold the pools were except the ome by the beach

The staff at the splash water park were the nicest group of young men we've ever dealt with at a hotel! They were fun, helpful, attentive and all around just great!

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The parking lot was crowded and half of it was blocked off. My only real problem with the condo was that the hot water ran out really fast.

I loved the size of the place and the multiple balconies. The kitchen was wonderful to cook in and everybody had their own bathroom. I also loved the Jacuzzi in my bedroom.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The indoor pool sand spa in the fitness center was very humid, and way over chlorinated. My eyes were burning from the chlorine in the air and we were only able to last 5 minutes in the spa before getting out because of our eyes burning. There were very loud children in the pool at 9:30pm.

The condo was nice and spacious. The beach area was not over crowded.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Property was nice but there were foxes in our backyard. That made us feel Uncomfortable! Also on the 2nd day... house keeping came and didn’t leave enough towels. Our room had towels for the body but not face towels

The place was nice. Loved the set up!

• King Room with Ocean View

The room carpet was DISGUSTING and they had NO washcloths in the bathroom. The comforter on the bed was STAINED/DIRTY.

The comfort of the bed THAT WAS IT!!!

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

I didn't like that there was no hot water and the guess bathroom toliet was stopped up.

I loved the location and how close I was to everything. I also love how the room make you feel home it's very comfortable.

• King Room with Ocean View

The condo we stayed in is worn out, dirty carpet, ratty furniture, tiles coming off wall in bath. Breakfast wasunedible place has gone downhill since our last visit

Ocean view, sucked from side of building on 3rd floor

The property was clean and manged well but they put us in the shady building next door, the south hampton it was old and dated for the price

• Four-Bedroom Special Villa with Park View

The place smelled a little but after buying a few candles it cleared it up. I

The villas was very big. The beds was very comfortable. The kitchen was fully equipped with every thing I needed to prepare my food.

• Three-Bedroom Ocean View Condo

The smoke detector went off and wouldnt stop at 4am. Had to call maintenance. The bath tubes drained very slow and maintenance had to come in and fix one of them because it was leaking on the room below us.

Over all it was good. Just a few issues with the room

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

i didn't like that the room i had was connected by another door, i have kids, my next door nieghbor didn't like that

the Jacuzzi tub was nice i enjoyed that very much

• King Room with Ocean View

The room was horriable. It was old and outdated the walls were scuffed beyond belief the bathroom was in bad shape the shower stall floor was falling apart.

The staff was friendly and the gym was clean and new.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

Just on my part leaving some of my in laws (I call them outlaws) at home. :-(

I was able to get to the beach very easy. Every one was pleased with the accommodations and the easiness of shopping locations. Next time I will come with just my husband and have the honeymoon we didn't get to have. The staff was very pleasant and quick to respond to our requests.

• One Bedroom Lodge Lake View

There was nothing to complain about.

We love, love, love Kingston Plantation. This was our second stay and I'm already looking to book another vaycay this year. The housekeeping staff was super friendly and helpful. The exercise/pool facilities were super enjoyable for a 10 & 17 year old. And as always the accommodations were perfect.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

The beds were not comfortable at all. The sleeper sofa was deplorable!

The location was great! I also liked The cleaning staff. They made sure we had clean fresh linen and towels as needed.

• King Room with Ocean View

The lady at the desk was not very pleasant during check in. She was in a rush to get done with me and explain all the information I needed. She just seemed impatient. Didn’t seem too happy to be checking guests in tried to finish in a hurry.

• Two-Bedroom Ocean View Condo - Brighton

Check-in time was not until 4, but the room wasn’t ready until after 5pm. Stayed in a fully furnished condo that did not have a frying pan or coffee filters for breakfast. We got really spoiled by the latter conveniences at a comparable Wyndham property. Water park closed at 5, which was disappointing to the kids because we only had one warm day (the check in day).

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

Expensive breakfast buffet, since kids eat so little. We just cooked in our condo, as a result. Room was a little dated (but had everything we needed and a great view)

Incredibly comfortable beds in our condo. Great access to beach/pool/food and beverages. We liked the amenities, and pool and bar area, as well as all the food choices just steps from the condo. Location was excellent for exploring more shopping and dining in N Myrtle Beach.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The shuttle was not very quick with pickup and drop off there was only entertainment for one day ( Easter ) there should be some type of music ( obviously family friendly ) playing to liven things up a bit. The pools were freezing and the waitstaff outside was great but you were very understaffed for the amount of people at the resort.

It was quiet at our condo the pools were great but very cold

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Could not check in until after 4:30 PM. The furniture in the room was warn and dated, The carpet was old and stained. The Mattresses were old and lumpy

The Facilities were very nice and staff was awesome.

• Four-Bedroom Special Villa with Park View

Internet access could have been explained a little better. We were under the impression that Wifi was free with our stay.

Very spacious and perfect for family.

• Three-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The refrigerator broke down and didn't get it fix so the food that we brought went to the bad, and the Wi-Fi was horrible and was charged 4 internet and phone service that was not used

The area was great, close to everything, a lot for the kids to do, relaxing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Inconsistent cleanliness and low quality room maintenance (broken blinds, etc.) however, staff responded immediately to my concerns.

Beautiful view of the ocean

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The service was terrible and we never received housekeeping services or anything unless we called and asked for it several times. The pools were supposed to be heated - they were not. They advertised bike rentals and they were all broken, lots of broken promises or false advertising. Such a poor experience, we will never go back!

The beach was lovely!

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

The room was a little outdated. An upgrade would be great but I would not want the upgrade to increase the price.

The room was comfortable and roomy. The location was perfect. Close to the beach as well as close to stores and restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Room was misleading. Double room doesn't mean two rooms! Housekeeping was slow to respond...cleaning and bedmaking daily only happened once in a 4 day stay.

Secure.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

30 minute check in. Broken tv. Broken toilet. Tiny refrigerator that barely cooled. No hot water. Old and musty room in Southampton condos. Expect much much more for $218 a night!

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

I loved the condo The only thing i can say that could have been better what be my view of the ocean other thane that everything was good to go and yes i will stay again when i visted myrtle beach

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

Not as clean as i would've liked. So we had to clean the condo. Also, the picture on the website showed balcony going around the room. Didn't see any balconies at this location that had that. That's what sold me,. Very dissapointing.

Property offered a lot witnin the community.

• King Room with Ocean View

Bed wasn't great. Lots of chemicals in the indoor hot tub.

Bartenders were great. Dealt well with happy hour. Cleanliness was overall good. Loved that each building had pool and hot tub. Loved that we didn't really have the leave the grounds if we didn't want to. Also front desk staff super nice.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Found a little bit of trash on the floor bed sheets had a burn stain no linen for the pull out sofa but we made things work... It didn't stop our enjoyment

The view was beautiful very convenient to store locations and it's peaceful.. alot of space great kitchen love the jacuzzi tub.. crushed ice from the fridge

• Three-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Our 3 bedroom condo was very dirty I had to call housekeeping back out to our room 20 mins after check in check in is at 4 they didn't have our room ready u til 440 but the room was nasty food on lights,fireplace front there was old food and garbage around the baseboards,bedding was old and had safety pins holding the corners together, the bathrooms were nasty the corners of the bathtubs had weeks and weeks or dirty on them the ceiling fans had dust that was falling off so they hadn't been cleaned in awhile. We couldn't use the full kitchen because the condo had ants and I mean apt of them every time u put something on it the ants over ran it the provided dishes were dirty when we pulled them out to use them they don't supply an ovenmit to use for the oven.we called front desk and they never sent anyone to spray for the ants and they o my wiped the things that was real bad being the fireplace front, tv remote,fan they left everything else and we figured the next day when we would be gone they would come in and clean it good but nope they only changed the trash and gave towels

The resort had a lot of pools and a nice fitness center and bot far from the beach

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

Weather could have been better, but realize that is one thing none of us can control...

The staff was very accommodating. We had a problem getting the TV to work and staff fixed it immediately.

• Three-Bedroom Ocean View Condo

I did not like the extremely poor quality of the towels. My towel was paper thin and so hard. We did not get our towels nor our dishwasher soap replenished.

I loved the location, right on the beach. I loved how spacey the condominium was. It was a 3 bedroom partial view and I could have fit a whole other family in there. The beds were comfortable, we had a good time.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Park View

I originally had a 2 bedroom villa booked as it appeared to be a 2-level unit possibly with a loft. We found out 1 day before arrival that they did not have our reservation in their system and we had no room reserved for us. (I already had room confirmation, etc 8 months ago when I originally booked the room.) We had to wait to hear back from the resort to see if they could come up with a vacant room but they couldn't be sure. This was all very stressful. I was advised that we would be getting a 2-bedroom villa exactly as I had booked but this time it was an oceanfront upgrade. When we arrived we were very disappointed as it was just a regular 1-floor condo, and not at all what we were promised. There was no offer of compensation or additional bonuses made to repay us for the stress and inconvenience we had due to the so-called "computer glitch" on their end.

We had a beautiful view in the oceanfront/oceanview corner unit condo.

• One Bedroom Lodge Lake View

When checking out, I found the lady at the desk very rude. Very disappointing considering Marion at front desk was great. Also welcome package lady was very pushy. There to enjoy not to be bombarded with personal questions so loud in public.

Great place , good staff overall, good location.

• King Room with Ocean View

Small room, no couch just bed and small dining table with 2 chairs. For what I paid the room was very very small!! Not impressed with that at all!!!!

• Three-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Free breakfast is not included in the rental of the condo units. This was not clearly stated up front.

The condo unit was clean and updated. We will definitely book this location again. Property is located near shopping and restaurants. Shuttle service is on demand extra points!!!

• Two-Bedroom Ocean View Condo - Brighton

This property is usually great. This time the room was out dated with dark blue pookie dot wall paper and funeral home decorations. I upgraded the room and the second room was worst then the first room.

Even though I stayed here before with a good experience this time was so bad I would never go back.

• Four-Bedroom Plantation View - Margate

That I paid for two queen rooms got only one had to push the beds together. Other than that everything else was nice

I liked how clean and comfortable it was. Nice size kitchen, and all the rooms had a tv even the kitchen. The tub was amazing with jet setting.

• Two Bedroom Oceanview Condo

The ocean view term verses ocean front was very miss leading. I thought that I was getting a ocean front view but got a side view. You showed a picture of a newer building than what we received. I think my room was overpriced. We did not stay in the building that was advertised.

The staff was very helpful

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

When we arrived, the room was clean, but not freshly cleaned. There were not any towels or wash clothes or basic toiletries.

It was a nice condo with plenty of room for a family of five.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

Booking.com is horrible. You think you are getting a beautiful resort with enough beds for everyone (room for 6) and see 2 double beds and a king, but the room you get is a king and 2 singles.

Booking.com is horrible! Kingston Plantation was fantastic and tried to repair booking.com horrible reservations. Picked beautiful place with 2 double beds, got twin beds in aged room.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

I didn't receive my welcome packet when I got there and I really didn't know what to look forward to.

The rooms were real comfy and nice,it reminded me of home.

• Four-Bedroom Special Villa with Park View

The condo was infested with roaches. I was highly disappointed and quite frankly scared of taking the uninvited guests home in our luggage. I didn't have time to inform the front desk or request another condo because we were out late and were exhausted by the time we got to the condo.

• Two-Bedroom Lodge Lake View

I have stayed at the Condo's at the Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, SC for the last 15 years, and I enjoyed each visit. This year's experience was a first for me. The Kingston Plantation does not like Booking.com. From the time of check in, they could not find our reservation, we were shifted from a ground level condo to a 3rd floor condo. The front desk personnel kept insulting us for making the reservation through Booking.com. The reservation associate kept telling us that if we had called the hotel directly, we could have avoided all of our wait time, that our room would have been ready for us upon arrival. I told the reservation agent at the desk that I tried to book directly, multiple times, but they were booked for the week that I needed the rooms. The hotel did know about our reservation at least one week before our arrival, because they sent us a confirmation from the actual hotel confirming our stay with them. This was generated by the hotel with their reservation confirmation number, completely different than the Booking.com reservation confirmation number. I actually contacted the hotel 24 hours prior to our arrival to confirm our request of a ground floor condo and the actual check in time. The hotel stated that everything was noted in their system and that we were all set, ready for check in. Because the hotel placed us on the 3rd floor, I asked if the condo's had luggage carts. I was assured that they do, and accepted the move to the 3rd floor. The condo's do not have luggage carts, and we had to carry all items from the car to the condo. I called guest services to request a luggage cart. At first, I was told they would send one immediately. After a 20 minute wait, the guest serves called me back to inform me that luggage carts were not available at the condo's . We had to carry everything from the parking lot to the 3rd floor.

The Condo's are comfortable with a lakeside view.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Park View

Bathroom floors dirty, not mopped, still had hair around base boards. Bedspread needs replacing, old and dirty looking. When booking online asked arrival time for check-in, arrived during that time, room was not ready causing wait time of more than an hour. Misleading.

More room than hotel room since we booked a villa

• Three-Bedroom Ocean View - Margate

We just didn't pick the main hotel where everything was.

Spa and nail salon, we never really had to leave the premises. Kingston had everything we needed and more.

• Two-Bedroom Ocean Front View Condo

the furniture including the beds should be updated and the carpet removed from the living/great room.

the cleanliness of the room and the facility. the setup of the room is great. I had a view of the ocean from all the rooms.

• King Room with Ocean View

The view was amazing. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We definitely will stay again. Must tell all my friends and family about your facility.

• King Room with Ocean View

The bed was so hard. The pillows we're completely flat. We had to call up for an ice bucket. The ice machine stopped working to which a staff member told us to walk over to another hotel, once at the other hotel we were told to go to the bar to get ice. We had to call up for more towels. When our cleaning lady came up at 6 pm, she took all our towels but two. She brought rugs and dish rags. I feel like the cleaning staff didn't even know we were coming.

I loved that the whole area was open to all the guests. It was a little chilly on our visit so we took our daughter to the fitness center's pool which was climate controlled.