Reviews of Knights Inn Jacksonville Southeast 1.3 stars

5.5

5.3

6.1

4.8

After spending a considerable amount of money for almost 2 weeks they treated us like we hadn't.

They removed our things and didn't call to let us know they after i had called to let them know we were on our way back with payment.

We stayed for almost 2weeks. The last day we were there after relaying to staff at front desk we had an issue cashing out work check and had to find somewhere to cash bit and we're given permission to so that. When we returned to the hotel they had removed our things from the room and refused to rent to us upon return with the full amount requested.

Very disappointing...definitely needs updated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

First room was a little dirty and the bathroom was horrible. Second room was a little better. Didn't like that the wifi didn't work, no irons in the room so you had to go to the front desk leave your Id to check out iron. Staff was Blah...no hospitality. Didn't like that we saw several roaches coming from microwave & fridge. Checked out after seeing that. Also Non smoking room but smelled like smoke...had to go buy air freshner & febreeze.

The price & location

I would maybe stay again, based solely on rate I would get & of course, everything in room working!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I deliberately requested that the phone in the room work, because my cell was stolen, at the time of C/I but the phone in the room didn't work and it was a hassle with the F/D to get a room with a working phone, even tho the room right next door to me, which I was eventually moved to, worked. That process took 5 hours! I work in hospitality and (15 years experience!) this was handled very poorly. I, personally, would have handled it much, MUCH, differently, and I don't think the lobby phone is a suitable alternative for making personal calls. But I've worked in a much different types of hotels. Also the F/D clerk in the morning has very poor language skills. I prefer a GSR to speak clear English with me.

The rate I got

I didn't like the fact the front desk lady came to my...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't like the fact the front desk lady came to my room trying to tell me I didn't pay when I had reservations from August 2 until the morning of August 5. I am like this don't check me check your staff and when you approach your guess with a problem come with respect instead of disrespect!!

Do stay here

Everything front desk were rude made me leave because my dog was not in a kennel did not tell me until 5 days paid in advance on credit card had to find a new hotel for me n my son and my dog with no $ they held my charges for 3 days room old dirty wierd people living in back of hotel only 1 outlet worked in whole room crazy...

Tv was a nice size

Overall good
    • King Room -Smoking

The property was fine however the front desk clerk, Natasha got an attitude when I appeared before her explaining my key was not working. She said do not get it wet and keep it away from my phone. 3 times I went to her, she that she will manually open the door. It took 20 minutes just for that, now add the 3 trips I had made previously and now we are at 1 hour trying to get into my room. She was not being nice at all.

They alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The fact they forced me to have my room cleaned. If I refuse room service it's just that. I don't need it. The housekeeping told the front desk and and called stating that since I declined twice I had to receive it. I specifically said I didn't need it and she disregarded what I said and how I felt.

Unless you’re just sleeping and leaving, don’t stay here!

Odd rules, rotten floors, moldy shower. Took photos of the room before I left to ensure that they didn’t try to charge me for “damages”.

Rotten floors, moldy shower, odd rules because it’s in a very shady part of town (#12 no prositution - their spelling, not mine 😂).

Ok
    • King Room -Smoking

Carpet dirty smoke room sheets had holes in them .staff did not want to put new sheets on instead put in a non smoking room and the floors was dirty as well

The price

NEVER WILL BOOK AGAIN
    • King Room -Smoking

This place is ran down... stink..... microwave didn’t work only good thing was the pool😢

Don't stay there it roach hotel and smells.

The room floor felt like it was going to cave in. The shower and microwave had roaches and when I informed the manager she just applied sh would have someone look at. The room smell and because I booked through booking.com I was told I could not get a refund. An the manager would not reduce the price. The floor did not look like it had been cleaned. This hotel these to be remove from anyone staying there ever. I know I will not ever stay there .

The location was in Jacksonville.

It was just ok

Cleanliness of room needs work Mold all around shower gaps

No coffee maker or hair dryer or shampoo in room, room was musty smelling.only 2 small.towels It was good location but room needs work

The worst hotel ever
    • King Room -Smoking

The room smelled like sulfur, we told the staff we didn't want housekeeping services they came in the room anyways when we left. I was upset because I had expensive things with me ... I will never go back to this hotel

Nothing this hotel was terrible

Very run down
    • King Room -Smoking

Floor was soft and spongy in front of the bed, laid a towel across that area so we d idnt step into it and twist an ankle. Tv reception horrible, picture was snowy and hard to watch. Blanket filled with cigarette holes. Didn't shower , had the ewww factor. Staff was nice. That was the only good thing there.

Improving but still needs work.
    • King Room -Smoking

The room was a bit outdated; the furniture didnt match, the floor beneath the carpet was uneven, the mattress was a bit too soft for my liking so I kept rolling to the middle of my King size bed.

The front counter clerk was fast and courteous at check-in. The room was spacious and the TV was a decent sized LED

Dirty place.

The room has a strong vomit and urine smell. The room and bathrooms are completely dirty. The manager said that as I stayed for just 1 night, there was nothing she could do, and no discount was given. Bad experience of my life.

Nothing is good there

This hotel is meant for a quick emergency overnight (or two) stay, not suitable for vacationing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room served its purpose, however, I never got cleaning service and there seemed to something in the room that was biting on me while I was there (not bed bugs). The order in the room was a bit much also.

The convenience of my room to the pool and the front office. The staff was very personable and accommodating, and the location of the hotel was ideal for walking to local eatery and store and I felt safe on the walks.

I would never again stay here.
    • King Room -Smoking

I felt unsafe and the room was in very poor condition. There was no WiFi and the mattress on the bed was very lumpy. The price was not the lowest I’ve paid but the condition of the room was an all time low for me.

Staff was friendly.

The sheets had stains on them and our pillows had hair on it...

The sheets had stains on them and our pillows had hair on it when we took the covers off. Also we went to take a shower and there was only one towel we could use, the rest were hand towels.

It was ok.
    • King Room -Smoking

The room wasn't that good. It felt as if the floor was going to give way and you would fall through. The bathroom was coming apart.

The staff was very nice. The room was big.

My father always booked at knights inn. That's why I chose to stay there
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our sheets were not clean the room was no smoking and had a bad odor. Our bathtub was dirty and a hole in the bathroom was filled with toilet paper.

The location , the front desk staff was awesome and had positive attitude.

Just plain awful

The room was awful there was a nasty mildew like odor, the bathroom was nasty, there was hair in the sink, it was overall a horrible experience...the lady at the desk was very nice and displayed awesome customer service upon check in

worst than in a movie

everything.

There should be a law prohibiting this kind of dirty places to be called "hotel". This is not a hotel, this is your worst ever night.

I slept well very quiet area tv worked nicely 4 movie channels to choose from
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Out dated towels very thin. Carpet with stains ceiling has drop spots , mold under A.c. outside of door.

Bed was comfy Flat screen TV works. Parking I front of room

What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing.this was an older place it really need to be condemned.

Please save your money!!!!!!!!! This was the worst place i've every stayed. We move to a second room because the 1st one flooded.nasty floors, nasty covers on bed. Smell molded the only reason we stayed a couple of nights is because we didn't want our vacation to be totally ruin.

Nasty
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Staff was nice!! Everything such as the whole room there is cigarette burns every where in a non smoking room. The bathroom is full of mold on the ceiling and around the tub. The walls in the bathroom don't look like they been touched since the building was built so there was dirt build up. The carpets was so dirty you can feel the grimminess on your feet. The door to walk in the room has mold covering the bottom of the door.

Staff was nice!

Good for a quick, cheap stay

Their were a couple of bugs, which made the room feel unclean. Room was a little run down. Wifi was good the first night but after that not so much. Tv only had like 4-5 working channels.

The bed was comfortable and the inn was cheap.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

You get what you pay for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The a/c and all electricity went out while sleeping which made the room extrimely hot. Around 9:30am all electricity came back up. And there was a big hole on the wall.

Price and pool area were decent. You get what you pay for

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Not good for children
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom vent had mold all over it. The molding around the outside, bottom of the tub was all coming off, and it was full of mold.also while we were there the police came to the office 2 cars, plus they had been in and out of the place driving through) then a crime scene van came and went to the back of the building. The police officers ask my adult son about his two year old and then told him to keep a close eye on him around there. Oh and the first morning I walked around the corner to the store and there were homeless people living by the dumpster I was very uncomfortable because there was no one else around.

The pool was nice but they close it at 8pm. Also there is no shallow end for kids.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great value for the price

Not all tv channels available

The staff was super nice, they called after check in to see if everything is ok. The room was perfectly clean. The kingsize matress was very comfortable. The hotel is a 25 minutes drive fromthe beach. Overall great value for the price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Filthy nasty mattress

The bed was an old filthy mattress and box spring with plenty of huge stains all over it couldn't stay there stained carpet and when told to the GM she just shoved it off like it was okay​ when brought to her attention

Having read some reviews, I was a little concerned to stay...

The staff weren't overly friendly but they were nice enough. The bathroom was a little run down but I could still have a good shower and use toilet and basin fine.

Having read some reviews, I was a little concerned to stay here, however the place is fine. I felt safe and secure, I had a big room with a comfortable bed, a TV and a nice enough bathroom. Sure it's not 5 star but for the price, it's good and it's just somewhere to sleep and have a shower!

Don't do it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything. Room smelled musty, bathroom was gross and the floor throughout the room felt like you were about to fall through it. I only booked it because it was an overnight stay and for $60. I won't make that mistake again. I will spend more money and go somewhere else even if only for a night.

AC in the room was cold.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Dont stay there!!!!!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Did like nothing about it had to put blankets on the floor to even walk around on the nasty carpet cigerrette burns everywhere carpet ripped up burn holes everywhere an dirt y as can be dont stay there its for drug users an prostitues

I liked nothing there it was so nasty an degusting that place is gross drug deals in the parking lot an prostotutes it was terrible I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay there

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Room 236 floor was uneven in every spot and the fountain of...
    • King Room -Smoking

Room 236 floor was uneven in every spot and the fountain of the in bathroom has a holes in it and I have a 9 months son and my wife slept in that room for two nights and we don't feels safe

This property is disgusting!

This property is disgusting!!! Employees flat out don't care and stated such. Toilet ran all night keeping us awake and they would not change our room, finally fix at 9:30 pm the next night after constant complaining!!!!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Pass this place by and find another

Room wasn't clean in any way. Sheets were like sleeping on Velcro. Floors were greasy, there were bugs on the wall by baggage rack.

No restaurant.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Very horrible experience...was just a place to lay your head for a few days. Worst hotel experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very poor customer service and house keeping did not clean room bathrooms nor provide additional towels as requested. Front desk advised we did not follow pet policy which I found to be false for a place that's suppose to be pet friendly. They need to remove that off their site if they are not comfortable with having a small dog at their property. We had to leave our trash outside due to housekeeping not willing to come in the room and clean. Very poor service. Beding did not change. Wifi barely work.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Its Okay

Holes in floor or patch of carpet missing. No cable. Light in the bathroom only worked sometimes, no water pressure from the sink, the bed was kind of hard to sleep on.

The parking and rooms were a good size.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Huge Negative Hit for Booking.com, because Knights Inn Does not care
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the carpet was completely disgusting, control knob on the air control was broken, the trim board in the bathroom was tore off and the drywall behind it was unfinished, the tank cover on the toilet prevented you from flushing, we had to use a butter knife, or a fork to flush it, I would not have put a wet pair of socks in the microwave, it was ugly, I had to call 911, because the room right next door was throwing a small dog up against the parting wall and it sounded like a woman was being raped, I had to call, because the night attendant would not call 911 nor come to the lobby door to listen. He could have easily heard from that distance. my Son is 11, he was so shook up he was crying.

I Learned I will never stay at nights in again, nor will trust any pictures on Booking.com

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I've been thee off and on 20+ years when it was a Motel...

Can't do much about location. It's an older property. I know they just can't move it. Maybe begin replacing the sagging wood floors in bathrooms.

I've been thee off and on 20+ years when it was a Motel 6. There area has gone down bad. Owners keep it safe.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Urine everywhere

There was urine in the bed! We switched rooms, but both rooms had dirty carpets, stained towels and crusty old bathrooms. The toilet wasn't clean in the second room, and even had pee on the seat! We were meant to stay two nights, but shortened to one. We would have left that night, but it was midnight in a strange town. Never again

there was internet and laundry machines

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

3.5
    Couldn't wait to leave.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room had a bad odor. The toilet was clogged with paper, went to front desk to let them know and was given a plunger. The bathroom was old and out of date, didn't feel comfortable washing or taking a shower there.

The area was easy access to the stores and highway.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Do not not even stop if it were FREE!!!!!!! NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE BEACH.
    • King Room -Smoking

Patty was nice the front desk lady

Not one thing about this place. The floor felt as if it would fall threw it. Carpet was filthy. Big red ants. Tub was nasty.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Marginal at best
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

A crushed roach was stuck to the bathroom door. We noticed it immediately, you would think the cleaning staff would also. No coffee maker in the room or lobby.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Not enough towels. There were two of us and only one small towel for baths. plenty of hand towels and washcloths.

easy access from highway, Denny's right there and other conveniences

Sucky

Roaches Wifi sucked Pool didn't open until 10

Wish it been better

Wish it been better

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We had to stay in a handicap room and it had a musky odor to it.

Checking in was easy and the staff was very nice.

I had found roaches on top of the chair in front of the...

I had found roaches on top of the chair in front of the mirror

My stay was great and I enjoyed time with my fiance
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The roomservice very expensive!

Anytime I needed something they helped right away.like location the roomservice is expensive

Very comfortable

Very comfortable

Staff was friendly and the room was very clean and...

Staff was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable

Dead bugs on the floor , the rooms had a funny smell !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dead bugs on the floor , the rooms had a funny smell !

If the staff had a better attitude when I checked in I would have stayed in spite of

Staff attitude not ckean

Close drive to beach.

Services cleaning is bad😡

Services cleaning is bad😡

Toilet ran continuously

Toilet ran continuously

Was a good value
    • King Room -Smoking

It wasn't located near any attractions

Was a good value

Quiet got sum good sleep

Quiet got sum good sleep

It was rated 9.5
    • King Room -Smoking

The property was clean and secure

Convenient for shopping and sightseeing with a great number of nearby restaurants

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rude front desk. If i would've paid full price i would've left.

Pool

I don't remand no one to go there we stayed to the hotwl next door.

The hotel was horrible when we first pulled n the parking lot.

The location was really good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They changed my room three times during my stay.

Never again

Pool

Disgusting all around.

Roaches and rude staff.

Woke up to roaches in the room and manager was rude and told me to get the hell out of her office and the double charged me.

Big disappointed. Avoid!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The beds are hard. The bathroom needs repairs done. No breakfast offered.

Not a dang thing.

i will never return would rather sleep in my car

total bad experience

not - they did not offer breakfast - week coffee

Location from where I needed to be and price

Room had a slight smell to it

Location from where I needed to be and price