Reviews of Kona Kai Resort & Spa, a Noble House Resort 4 stars

1551 Shelter Island Drive, Point Loma, San Diego, CA 92106, USA

#141 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• Queen Room with Pool View

I thought it is from one side has it is own beach but there was no beach to swim only swimming pool and port from the other side .. and the food by order and it costs much.. every thing there u must pay

Quie .. good staff

• Standard King Room

The breakfast service was very slow and they had a very poor selection of teas. They need to consider a breakfast buffet.

The hotel is well located at the end of the marina spit, great views, good valet service for parking the car

• Standard King Room

The only thing that let this hotel down is that there was nowhere to sit outside and have a drink unless you had your drink in a plastic cup. An outdoor bar area would really be ideal here as you can only sit outside if eating food. Other than that all fab!!

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Out of six hotels for our honeymoon this was in the top two!! Huge friendly welcome by valet staff. Large fire in entrance hall, fires to roast marshmallows on the hotels beach (the dream). Check in lady (Lizzie) was so lovely and welcoming. She upgraded us and sent bubbly from the hotel staff for our honeymoon <3 thank you Lizzie - never saw you again to thank you!! Bar staff lovely in the evening. Beautiful outdoor tables overlooking the marina for food. Rooms with sea view are lovely. Huge rooms with his/hers sinks and spa showers.

• Standard King Room

i got upgraded to a killer suite for a killer price, what could i not like???

I got upgraded to a suite that was amazing.. especially for couples. Had glass shower and bath in middle of bedroom for extra fun. Terrace looked over pool and marina and onto Shelter Island hill full of cool cliffside homes. Great area. Super nautic feel. Great view of San Diego and Bay across street. 5 mins from airport. $10 uber to gaslamp. Really great!! loved it. extended my stay

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Amazing property! Our room was steps away from sand and nightly bonfire pits. Beautiful and relaxing view of the Marina. Great pool and cabana area! Delicious gourmet small plates and meals! Truly a hidden gem in Point Loma.

• King Room with Bay View

Beautiful location, Adults only pool, good service

Overall, this was a very nice well run resort. If I had to do all over, I would have chosen a room on the marina side in one of the other buildings. We stayed in the main building with a bay view. Bay view you have but it also looks over the road. Just outside our window were parked cars and one with someone that appeared to be living in the car. The marina side was just prettier. I'll give a thumbs up to all of the staff that we encountered. Service was fantastic and it was obvious that attention to detail has been taken regarding customer service-either that or people from San Diego are just super nice. Either way, I had a good stay and would come back.

• King Room with Bay View

No gift shop with youth and baby clothes that say San Diego. No T-shirts that have plus sizes up to 4 x so I could shop for family.

It was quiet, clean and the food was very competitive with neighboring restaurants. I requested room service nightly and it was remarkable. Lobster slides were delicious. I ordered them nightly. The breakfast lobster eggs Benedict was awesome along with the potatoes with it. Totally won’t get that back home. Fast and fantastic food. I would come eat at the restaurant even if not staying in Resort.

We stayed in the newly refurbished suites and it was excellent. It had a view over the harbor which was nice. The suite was a nice size. The bathroom had two sinks. The shower and tub were huge. The layout of the room meant that you could probably soak in the tub and see out through the room to the harbor. There was a mini fridge, a safe, iron and coffee maker. We hung out at the bar by the main pool during happy hour which was nice. When it cooled down we sat by a fire pit and stayed out a bit longer. All the staff were excellent and very helpful.

• Standard King Room

We were given a room with significant damage done to the head board literally ripped up by a dog and several towels that were brought to our room were dirty. If you get a red stain on a white towel just throw it out dont reuse it thats terrible. Had to look throught the towels to make sure they were clean. Couldnt shower for more than 5 minutes because water would back up and overflow out of shower. Toilet paper holder was broken so our toilet paper kept falling off everytime we'd try to use it. Got dirty looks from staff as well. We addressed the issues and still werent moved out of our room. We paid 200 a night plus a daily resort fee for a very ugly room and terrible service. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

A non-fly drone zone :(

Location, location, location! Hotel Staff is AMAZING!!! Bar, pool and private beach is definitely a huge PLUS. The food at the restaurant is fantastic and amazing portions.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The guest room was poorly cleaned, pillows had holes and stains, furniture seemed very old and worn out, extremely dirty draperies. Dirty bathroom with old plumbing fixtures. There is a huge difference between the public spaces (reception area, pool deck, spa) and the actual guest room. As I walked into the room, I instantly felt transported from a nice resort to a cheap 3 star motel. Definitely not worth the money.

Gorgeous location, nice amenities (beautiful spa, pool and restaurant). Most staff was friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Bay View

The staff in the restaurant didn’t represent the image the resort is trying to create.

The location is good. Walking distance to the other restaurants. Short drive to La Jolla and the gas lamp area.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Reg staff was not rude, just not very friendly. The woodwork in our room was rotting. Most importantly, I booked this room for 174 a night and the hotel charged me 199 a night. When I asked if she could adjust to what I agreed to, I was told that was not possible.

The location was perfect. Lovely little beach overlooking the marina. It had fire pits and it was very serene.

• Standard King Room

The walls in the hotel are very thin. There were people above us that were so loud and stomping around all night I could NOT sleep. I called the front desk and the "sent security" but that did not stop those people. The experience was AWFUL. So much for my relaxing vacation before my child arrives.

The location was great

• Standard King Room

An upgrade given from a (small) standard room to a slightly larger handicapped room with a very slippery tub. We warned them but management never got back to us.

We ate bar food at happy hour. The coconut shrimp had been in the oven too long.

• King Room with Pool View

Two times they couldn't find a fed ex package I was expecting. They don't have a standard procedure, so the packages can be anywhere - general office, check in counter, shipping receiving. Worse, they all copped an attitude when I wouldn't accept their answer that fed ex hadn't arrived yet. I showed them the tracking email that showed it had arrived, but they continued to push back. This happened on 2 consecutive days, and in both cases they ended up finding the packages.

Nice location, good restaurant.

• Standard King Room

Did not on arrival get room that was requested and after 4 trips to rooms and back to check-in desk was settled in a temporary room on promise of an upgrade next day. Still was not the view room that was requested but settled issue with a $25.00 credit.

• Standard King Room

The parking was a bit of a hassle and not free/

The room I reserved was not yet ready but the accommodating help desk got me into another room with a discount. The scenery was just gorgeous at the edge of the water, beautiful beach and bonfires. A real beautiful resort.

• King Room with Bay View

The room service however, was the worse I have had in many years. The staff omitted some of the items and had to have frequent trips back and forth. Our Saturday night dinner was atrocious. We ordered the steak and it was tough, cold and basically not edible. We were very disappointed in the four meals we ordered.

This was an amazing property. Very beautiful. The gym and the spa were first rate as well as the outside property, private beach! The balcony views with the bay and the Osprey nests were fabulous. The Restaurant was very nice with live entertainment nightly as well. Great Happy Hour food and bar.

• Standard King Room

The shower door was only a half door, so water got all over the bathroom every time we showered, and the toilet ran constantly unless you jiggled the handle repeatedly.

The staff was always friendly and eager to help.

• King Room with Bay View

Well let’s see. Took an hour to check in. And we had to finally go to the desk and ask again. Ordered room Service for breakfast put the tag on the door. No one came and got it. Im fact there where fishes in the hall from the night before, 3 calls and over an hour later we get cold toast, slightly warm coffee and a cool toasted bagel. It was excuse after excuse by staff and managers. We will not stay there again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel does not look as pictured. Rooms are much older and felt a bit dirty. Pillows were faded and the carpets looked ancient. No one helped us with our luggage to the room as well.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That we were not offered a room with a good view to begin with. I don't mind upgrading and would have been nice if it was offered. Also, they did not answer their phone at the front desk. I called several times and they said they are short staffed.

location was great. valet/bell boy service was awesome. They couldn't extend the check out for us while we dined at vessel but they put our luggage in our car. That was great

• King Room with Bay View

Just about everything. Only one restaurant that has horrid customer service, was way over priced, and hits customers with a hidden surcharge at the end. No vending machines, at all! Can’t park your own car, only option is to valet.....and by the way, it’s a $27/day valet charge!

The bathroom was nice. The gentlemen valeting the cars were friendly, but I’m certain they don’t get any of the $27/day fee that the resort charges!

• Standard King Room

The elevator in our building broke down our second day there, and, in the course of getting it fixed, the fire alarm went off! Though the entire issue was taken care of, it could have been handled better. Additionally, we were compensated for the elevator being out with a bottle of wine, which is okay in that I use wine for my spaghetti sauce, but we're not drinkers; for those who don't care for alcohol, those types of compensations fall a bit flat.

The view is beautiful, no matter which way you look, and very peaceful and calm. The hotel itself is within such easy distance of just about any which way you'd like to go, and getting in and out is easy. Just an overall great place.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It required mandatory valet parking for $27. My room had damaged furniture and was super clean. The hotel restaurant was really expensive. There are no coffee shops close by so the hotel takes advantage of that and charge $4.75 for a regular cup of coffee. Lastly there are year round guest at the hotel and it is noticeable. Don’t let the pictures fool you. They do not match the actual place.

The outdoor fire pits were a nice feature.

• King Room with Bay View

The coffee maker wasnt plugged in. , and it would be better if it will be a tea apptions. In the room , and we prefer self parking apptions. Not only valet,

We like bed !!! Soooo fluffy. Would sleep a whole day ))) we have a realy good rest after new year party at Vessels restaurant!!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wished there were better bicycle selections. The ones we rented were hard to ride and the handle bars were sticky.

Staff were very polite and helpful. The service was excellent and would recommend to others.

• Queen Room with Bay View

I booked the room for my family of 5. When I arrived, they said that they only have rooms for a maximum of four people. It was almost 11 p.m. so I didn't have any options to change. There is incorrect information on the booking.com website that says the room would accommodate five people. I selected this hotel which was very expensive so that my family of five could sleep here comfortably.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was incredibly helpful - they allowed us to check in early upon our arrival from the airport, and they took great care of us. The location is very near the airport but incredibly scenic and lovely, which made for an easy trip. The spa was also fantastic.

• King Room with Bay View

The staff was not as informed and some things that we asked for took a while to get.

Peaceful surroundings. Overlooking the bay. Right across there was a park that you could just walk to it quickly. Live music every day and night. Great service and beautiful place.

• Standard King Room

I didn't like that we were put in the handicap accesible room ( and we are not handicap) since this is our first impression of this hotel. I also did not like the fact that there is a 3.3 percent added to our restaurant bill to pay workers wages- that is the hotels responsibility. As it is we paid enough fees (non-optional valet 27 per day/ resort fee 25 per day plus taxes) that we shouldnt additionally have to pay workers wages out of our own pockets.

I loved the firepits and the room was very comfortable and quiet. I also loved the free bike rentals and fitness center. It's about 30 minutes to La Jolla and 20 minutes to Balboa.

• Standard King Room

That valet was the only option, and they charged $27 per day and my bill landed up being $771 instead of the $632 I agreed too. They could not run the credit card, I called the bank they said it was the resort; then every time I went to settle it the computer was down and when it was time to check out there was a power outage so they could not process my bill. I found it kind of shady.

The view from the room

• King Room with Bay View

I loved everything about the facility

I absolutely loved everything about the resort, I plan on booking at Kona Kai again, but this time plan on staying longer.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hidden fees, vale is $27 per day, resort fee is $25 and pet fee is $50! More than boarding....this is not acceptable. The valet is such a pain with kids and everything should be so much simple. The staff at the front desk is careless ...

Property is great, clean and comfortable

• King Room with Bay View

Lovely room, with a view over the private beach at the harbour. Friendly staff, and good food in the restaurant. Should have stayed longer!! Recommended

• Standard King Room

We didn't think putting price tags on the lotion, shampoo and creme rinse were appropriate. It was rather tacky.

The room was very comfortable and nice. The walkway was right outside.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

On arrival I asked about ongoing work outside and requested not to be overlooking it. Was told I had booked a standard room but that there was a gap in the ongoing work outside our balcony, this was true, however, it didn’t mean we were not disturbed by the drilling from before 7.30am. Air conditioning unit sat on floor in bedroom & was noisy. Pool area had beds reserved for members of the hotel club, these remained unoccupied, best situated beds. Constant noise from generator near to pool, not very relaxing, no pool service. On check in I was aware that another guest was complaining they had no hot water, the next afternoon we had no hot water, phoned down to be told that the engineer was working on it & we would have water in 10 minutes. Phoned 30 minutes later as water was still cold, informed that it should be warm. We ended up going out for dinner without a shower. Approached desk to tell them water was still cold & informed boiler had gone off due to an earthquake! Overall room not great grey duvet between sheets. We ended up checking out two days early. Something not right with service, presentation of staff and general flow of hotel.

Not a lot

• King Room with Pool View

Sadly although the man-made beach was very pretty you couldn't swim in the sea here.:( Overall though we loved our stay, excellent accommodation, facilities, staff and food. The setting is spectacular and was a fitting , relaxing end to our road trip.

• Queen Room with Bay View

The staff were inattentive and lacked follow through. Ate at the restaurant and had to send food back twice as it was cold both times.

Beautiful location

• Queen Room with Pool View

First, the check in staff was the first issue. Sonny checked us in and was a Negative Nancy, she would offer us options and then when I asked or one option she would say I really did not want that because I was ONLY staying one night. (We initially tried to book 2 but could only get 1 night there). The carpet was a bit old and ugly. When I entered my room, it was beautiful except that there is a rolling door to the bathroom that rolls open & won't lock. Although the bathroom is the only private area, it pretty much excludes all privacy for changing. We had 2 teens with us, so it was a major issue. We could not figure out what was going on w parking despite asking, and flummoxed, parked down the road only later to find out front desk just weren't forthcoming that it was valet parking.

The hotel is beautiful with a lovely location. We wanted to visit Point Loma. There is a gorgeous jacuzzi and pool. It is right on the Marina, so it's great. The CLEANING staff and ground staff were AWESOME and AMAZING. Not only were they kind and caring, they were helpful. When my key would not work seconds after it was programmed, housekeeping was not condescending, they actually tried to help. My kids were able to enjoy the bonfire by the pool area.

• King Room with Pool View

Resort fee, valet parking only, wifi was intermittent in our room, front desk a little slow.

Facility was nice. Room smelt a bit musty, wifi in our room was intermittent however they seemed surprised as they just upgraded. Pool area was nice, restaurant is nice with great happy hour. Man made Beach area with fire pits was a nice touch. Nice location on Marina, lots of beautiful boats to look at. Did not like the resort fee and would prefer to self park my car (our room was right by parking lot), valet was slow at times. The male employee at front desk could be a little more friendly but overall it is a nice hotel.

• Queen Room with Pool View

Staff were unfamiliar with tourist attraction tickets they were selling and would have over charged us by $60 if I hadn't double check! Lack of staffing in housekeeping resulted in rooms not being cleaned until very late afternoon. Pool nice if you enjoy drinking and loud music!

• Standard King Room

Closing at 10...That's so early when your on vacation. The pool was closed and no compensation...no pool on vacation...is a pointless vacation

The food

• Standard King Room

the food at the Vessel restaurant was exceptional! our waiter Peter was lovely and gave great suggestions! so much to do in the hotel and the surrounding area on shelter island. we loved relaxing by the firepit on the private beach in the evenings. the gym was great too!

• Queen Room with Marina View

Courtesy bikes were only for an hour, couldn't get far in that time, and the jet ski hire was a bit pricey! Valet parking was a bit pricey, especially as the car was right outside our room!

We loved the pool, restaurant and gym. The staff were friendly, food was good and location was good for us as a family. Downtown San Diego was $12 away in an Uber but the resort was nice and relaxed.

• Standard King Room

The service at the restaurant was a little slow and backed up, even with reservations. The mandatory valet parking for a fee seemed like an "upsell" since the cars are moved to a very open lot behind the hotel, right off the balconies. I suppose there is a need for private parking because of the popularity of the beach, but I'm not sure that there is really a need for mandatory valet. In some places, it seems reasonable but it didn't really make sense here.

The resort is lovely, the beach access is cool and the marina is beautiful. We had a wonderful meal at the restaurant.

• Standard King Room

A bit outdated. Bed was noisy and old. Only parking was valet parking which required you to walk back to the lobby to pick up your car.

Breakfast was excellent and service good.

• Standard King Room

The staff were rude, at first they gave us rooms at the end of the complex in front of the construction area, this is because we refused their offer for a room that has a view with an extra cost. After arguing with them they gave us new rooms.

• King Room with Bay View

The price you pay through Booking.com is not the final price. this is not due to taxes but beause the hotel reserves the right to charge higher prices!!! outrageous. Views are not what they seem to be on the pictures.

the restaurant is nice

• King Room with Marina View

Grounds crew dragging the sand each morning created way to much debris to sit on balcony to enjoy the marina view. This should be done before 8am, not later when most guests are up. Dragging luggage through main bldg and then up and down steps to detached units with additional rooms.

The Bay and marina views were excellent.

• King Room with Pool View

The parking was expensive and crap. And we were not informed about it when checking prices.. Valet parking only is hopless. We had left stuff in our car and retrieving it was like pulling teeth. Get the guy, get the car, return the car, tip the guy, hang around for ever..... for a dam toothbrush. So what was the resort fee for if not if not to provide a free service for something. It truly spoilt our stay at this glorious venue. So we won't be staying there again...

Setting and pool are perfect. Staff very friendly... music good.

• Queen Room with Bay View

The service at Kona Kai was very poor and unfriendly. The rooms were, old smelled of mildew, and the furniture was ragged. Front desk was extremely rude as well as valet and no one went out of their way to help. I am still waiting for a call back from management.

• King Room with Bay View

Corners in the bathroom could have used a little attention. The pool deck needed sweeping and chairs had seagull gifts on them.

We had dinner and breakfast at the on site restaurant. Excellent food! Yummy omelette and tasty calamari. Room had a great mattress and pillows. The view was mesmerizing.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No option for self parking and the room was a little worn in places.

Good facilities in general, lovely welcoming reception area, friendly staff. Great pool area and fitness suite along of course with the small beach area and fires, nice touch.

• Standard King Room

Pool area was very busy with tons of children and floaty toys in the pool. Not very relaxing atmosphere. Apparently there is a day club membership, so lots of extra bodies using the amenities. Party atmosphere, versus relaxing.

Staff were helpful and accommodating. We had issues checking in, and were finally assisted by the head housekeeper who had to step in to get us the room type we booked.

• Standard King Room

The front door women were really uncomfortable for an American standard and the valet is ridicolous. We had to walk a quarter mile because we had to leave the car at the reception.

The place the quiet and the view

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The valet car parking service is expensive and unnecessary and simply not needed for anyone who can walk

Amazing location. Fantastic good and service in the vessel restaurant. Great base to explore san diego.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The construction that was going on the hotel. Was not aware of this. Plus you had to do valet parking. No other choice. No help with luggage. Had to take luggage to room which was on the way other side of the property. Outside walk to room past the construction workers. If we have to pay for valet; take our luggage to our room. Couldn't find the room either. Very confusing place. NEVER AGAIN!!! People were complaining to the staff at the front desk while I was waiting to check out. We go to San Diego every year, and the next place will stay at is the Bahia.

The bonfire pit. That's it.

• King Room with Bay View

Bookd a King room and given a 2Bed-Queen SMALL room. Pigeons had the whole balcony covered with feathers, nests and poop. If open the door for breeze, feathers were blown inside. No real help given.

Room clean, bed was comfortable. Loved walking along the beach visiting the other attractions and hotels along the strip. This help release anxiety since I was not able to enjoy the outside balcony.

• King Room with Bay View

Parking charge on website did not match amount charged at hotel. more information in the room about excursions and tourist attractions would have been helpful.

Room was great with nice ocean view.

• King Room with Bay View

We had a weird smell (like cat urine) the emanated from our toilet if we left the lid up. One night the beach and pool were closed for a private sweet 16 party and we had no advance warning. Also, there were a ton of screaming kids at the pool which made it difficult to relax and read or even enjoy the water without being splashed in the face.

The room was adorable and the valet and front desk staff were amazing. Some of the other servers were mediocre, but not bad.

• King Room with Bay View

1)they deduct the money more than what I agreed to pay and this caused talking to manager for half hour. 2)they did not have soap, shampoo and toothpaste!!!

• King Room with Bay View

Construction on the resort happening outside our balcony-not mentioned on website. All parking now valet- had to walk 1/4 mile to room while valet drove car to parking lot right outside our room - and walk 1/4 mile to ask valet to get our car from right outside our room. Complaint got us nowhere. Mattress was old and box springs broken - ridiculous for a place this expensive. Lastly, and admittedly petty, "retail basket" in room with $5.00 candy bars also contained a box with prophylactic and lubricant jelly - right next to the Kit Kat! Really! Tasteless! We'll never stay at the Kona Kai again - too bad.

Balcony, SD Bay view, fish tacos, burgers, proximity to SD Harbor

• Standard King Room

For an hotel of this statue we found the rooms very noisy. Between our room and one room next to us were two doors (locked) as separation. The people in that room had a baby who sometimes cried as babies do. But with the doors as separation it was as if the baby was in our room. And from the other neighbours I sometimes heard some snorring.

This hotel looks amazing end it has a very nice location. Downtown San Diego is a 20 minute drive and Seaworld is also nearby. The hotel has al the facilities you need and we liked the pool. There is also a small private beach.

• Queen Room with Marina View

The seats outside the restaurant were filthy, most of them had bird droppings on it.

The location was great. Nice and quiet area. The staff at the hotel were very kind and helpful. I recommend room at ground level with marina view! We enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• King Room with Pool View

Not easy to self park most likely due to renovations going on. Wait staff at hotel bar were slow and non responsive. Had to sit for over 20 minutes waiting to be helped and bar was empty.

Beautiful views of the bay. Easy access to beach area and pool right from our rooms patio.

• Queen Room with Bay View

The food was quite pricey and charging for the bottles of water in the room was a bit unfair

The atmosphere in the pool area was amazing - very relaxing. The staff in the hotel were always ready to help with any questions or problems. We were really sad to leave

• Standard King Room

The location - it is a little remote from downtown San Diego and all tourist areas (a minimum 15 minutes drive to anywhere). On arrival, we were left to struggle with 5 heavy cases to our room which was some way from reception. No offer of assistance was made. The corridors and entrances to the annexed accommodation were quite grubby and had a musty smell. We struggled to find our room, the signage is confusing. The resort offers bicycles with the first hour free, but unfortunately using cycles off-site along the sea-front footpath is not allowed, leaving only the highway to cycle on. There are no restaurants or shops within easy distance. Parking is by Valet only. This delayed every departure.

The room and Marina view were both excellent. The facilities were also very good. That said, the beach and fire pits were not available to us on our first night due to a private function.

• King Room with Bay View

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon which they were informed of in advance. they put us in a room at the far end of the corridors - no phone or wifi connection and no lift to take our heavy suitcases. Bedding was ripped in places in particular a hole in the duvet cover and the bed frame itself was ripped. A horrible smell emanated from the bathroom and the morning we left the toilet overflowed onto the bathroom floor with waste by whichever which point we hadn't given up and just cleaned it up with towels. We stayed in some gorgeous hotels for our our honeymoon around California so not afraid to pay for them at all but this just isn't worth the money.

Nice lobby and valet staff were friendly

• Standard King Room

When we first arrived we got a room that overlooked a construction site. We had to wait for personnel in the fitness centre several times and even call after them before they came. There were way too many children splashing and screaming in the pool - at a resort in my opinion the personnel should have asked them to be quieter and respect the other guests. We wanted to swim in the excercise area but there were children everywhere. The service was in general lacking and at a resort that is kind of expensive I would have expected more.

Nice location and views of the marina and downtown San Diego

• Queen Room with Bay View

Not really a facility for swimming which we did not know. Also, the best feature of the place was the private beach which was unfortunately rented out though for most of the evening. The place was under renovation, which it really needed. We found it to be very rundown, even a hole in the door. My daughter got a spider bite after the first night. Thankfully, we left.

Food was great.

• Standard King Room

Very very very disappointed in the room! There was no counter space in the bathroom and was shocked to see the closet in the bathroom area waste of space in the bathroom could've made the room larger. The room needed major updating. Not even a shower cap? The sink stopper kept closing even when you held it up as not to fill up the sink and overflow. Even the hairdryer didn't have a little plastic attachment if I would've known I would've brought my own.

• King Room with Pool View

The key access card did not work for the pool. It was valet parking only, which meant we had to wait with everyone else just to get the car, or drop it off. They do not have enough staff for valet parking. Also, there was not sign explaining the parking situation when you arrive to check-in. We wanted a higher floor, but there was no elevator, so they put us on the first floor. The room was just outside the pool which was nice, but noisy. But there was some trash left just outside our balcony. The bed was very uncomfortable. Price was excessive for the experience we had. We reserved Friday to Monday, but actually left Sunday, because we did not want to stay any longer.

• King Room with Pool View

The spa could use some updating. However I had one of the best massages I've ever had. Pete was amazing! Five stars!Loved the pool bar and the fire pits at night.