Reviews of Korakia Pensione 3 stars

257 South Patencio, Palm Springs, CA 92262, USA

#17 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs

See above.

Room and bathroom was way to small and no privacy. The internet showed to us room being larger. It also makes it seem the patio is private and it's not.

• Queen Room - Sahara

1) Photo below shows rock garden beneath ground-level guest ramp with no grouting,presenting a foot hazard when traversing the grounds in low light. My injury (Jones Fracture: 5th metatarsal, left foot) occurred as I descended the flagstone ramp below. 2) The reticence of Management to volunteer to make me whole was disappointing. As a result of the injury, I wasted time visiting three Urgent Care facilities, and incurred a $132.00 expense for a wheelchair rental. Watch your feet! No one will help you...

North-African ambiance. Tucked away against the mountains. Delightfully landscaped with fountains, carved wooden day beds, flowers, cacti, fruit trees and Bougainvillea. Peaceful. Great place for a romantic getaway. Many thanks to Donaldo, night-time Concierge who was extremely helpful and went out of his way to make us happy. Good Vegetarian breakfast (included in price) was different each morning. Staff brought me ice for injury, described below. Lovely place: Watch your Feet!

• Queen Room - Bedouin

This secluded little place was perfect retreat from the craziness of Coachella. The staff was ridiculously friendly and helpful, especially Alyssa. The 24hr pool was especially welcome to wash the grime of Coachella off at 3 in the morning...could not think higher of this place!

• Queen Room - Atlas

It is a B&B and I think the price was far too high. Also the bathroom was very badly equipped and laid out. No shelves to put anything and the bath tub did not look at all inviting.

• Queen Studio - Artist Studio

There was nothing I didn’t like.

Simply love the beauty and quietness of this place and loved the bonus of having the cat who loves our room, visit and sleep with us each night.

• Queen Studio - Tangier

A little more personalization from the staff...they see you multiple times a day and at breakfast. Think they would know I have decaf every morning rather than waiting for it to be brewed. Maybe address us as they greet us?

Very nice breakfasts (except the music...another choice maybe...jazz/Frank Sinatra??) Very convenient location...no car needed.

• Queen Suite - Nomad Suite

This is a special place to stay. This is not your typical hotel so if you are a high maintenance person, don't stay here. It has character and warmth and tons of style. It is like staying at your bohemian, creative, stylish friend's house. I want to live there. The location is excellent too. We rode bikes everywhere. The staff are friendly and will help in any way they can. The breakfast is included and it is fantastic. Eating in the courtyard is lovely, as well.

• King Studio - Casablanca

The only negative I can think of is that the water pressure in our shower wasn't fantastic. But I've gotta dig pretty deep to come up with that.....

Beautiful, relaxing setting! Staff attend to the little things. Centrally located -- the main shopping and commerce street is only a few blocks away. Each room is unique, most are very private, and nearly all have small kitchen spaces.

• Queen Room - Kalymnos

I can't find any fault, it's perfect :)

The bed was really comfy, the linens were soft and also crisp. The staff took great care of us and treated us like we were friends. It's a lovely place, very dreamy and magical!

• Queen Room - Limnos

Can't express the love I have for this place, my partner and I have had the best 3 nights relaxing here. The staff are absolutely lovely, and there are numerous intricacies that make your stay much more enjoyable than a regular hotel. We will definitely be back next time we're in Palm Springs.

• Queen Room - Santorini

Nothing not to like.

Privacy; quiet, funky luxury; open air; total antithesis to corporatized, homogenized, monetized travel that dominates this country.

• Queen Suite - Ionean Bungalow

One night was just not enough! And I wish I could've stayed longer or checked in a bit earlier. Our check-in time was at 3pm, however we were able to arrive early and check out the hotel so that was a plus. Another thing was that I wish it was not so hot but we are in Palm Springs afterall, I might be a bit too greedy here haha. Other than that, everything was perfect!

LOVE the romantic feel of the property, such a great place for a weekend celebration/getaway with your significant other. Also, a great place for photographs. Food was delicious not to mention the complimentary nuts/fruits that were set out in the main building! Lastly, I loved the classic record player and our bungalow had the best view at night overlooking the fire pits and pool area.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Queen Room - Sahara

The pool was a little dirty, but besides that, everything was great!

The free breakfast in the morning was so delicious! Definitely the best complimentary breakfast I've ever experienced. The room was perfect and comfortable, and I loved the record player, and small vinyl selection provided in the room.

• Queen Suite - Acropolis Suite

I love that this place knows it's clientele. Breakfast is served from 8-11am unlike most hotels where it is 6-9am. The atmosphere is awesome very calm and relaxing. They bring you piosicles and cold towels to the pool. And the best part is that the pools are open 24 hours! Loved watching old movies under the stars as well. Will be coming back for sure.

• Queen Room - Sahara

The staff is not helpful and not friendly....

It's a beautiful place, the architecture is amazing, romantic atmosphere, peaceful, attention to details.... just great

• King Room - Thessaly

More restaurant options. The one restaurant they added to their menu was extremely pricey, plus the resort charged an extra $15 on top of the total for delivery.

Perfect stay. A Place to unwind and relax.

• Queen Suite - Bedouin Suite

We came to relax and were surprise with no T.V in the room but you know what we didn't miss it at all . We could walk into town for food or they have a very good French restaurant you can order in It was probable the most relaxing trip we have ever taken

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Queen Studio - Appollonia

The pools need to be cleaned out more often, very murky water and lots of stuff floating on top. Over half the candles were't lit, the movie projector did not work and the fire pits were not turned on by the pool. Those are key essentials that make this place stand out and to not have them....very disappointing.

The breakfast was delicious and came out very quickly. We enjoyed the strawberry crepes, avocado toast, huevos rancheros and yogurt with berries. The coffee is terrible though! We enjoyed the private feel or it all.

• Queen Studio - Tangier

No Complaints!

My boyfriend and I stayed at Korakia to celebrate my birthday and to say that we had an amazing time is an understatement. From the staff to the delicious complimentary breakfast, everything was absolute perfection! We are already planning our next trip back!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• King Studio - Casablanca

Parking is the only thing that was a little iffy. All the parking was taken when we arrived, but they did tell us we could park right in front of the property.

The whole property screamed relaxation and exuded such an ease. It was wonderful. Would definitely stay here again. We were in the Casablanca Studio. Big ol king bed was wonderful and the room was full of beautiful light. We also loved the complimentary morning breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Queen Suite - Acropolis Suite

Parking could be better. Stayed two nights and only got parking in the front once. When I arrived for check in there was no where to park because visitors and checked out guests had yet to leave. Also for a hotel for couples people still came in multiple cars. When we arrived we were directed to park in back but did not have a room key to get in the private back entrance yet so had to walk all the way around the block with our bags of course. And I didn't even know about the secret door in the back until late on the last night when I saw the security guy just emerge from the wall. Staff neglected to tell us about that. They need to assign one spot per room and make people who aren't guests park in the back. Not the best first impression. For the amount of money they charge for a bare minimum B&B they should at least offer the amenity of an assigned parking spot. Wifi never worked. For the pools, these things are chlorinated not salt water. The Mediterranean side is the most popular so grab a spot early before they fill up. It's funny the survey asks about coffee because it is just awful brown water! I don't think the staff has ever tasted this coffee. Just take a trip to a real coffee shop after breakfast. The shower in the Acropolis suite was the worst! I think the outdoor shower by the pool had hotter water than what I got. I never turned the cold water knob in the shower and got "hot" water slightly warmer than the room. The rain shower is a little heavier than a mist so good luck washing your hair properly. This was probably because when you turn the shower on the main faucet in the tub still spews out water. Terrible installation.

I stayed in the Acropolis suite and the room is beautiful. The pool is warm but is not salt water as advertised. It is definitely chlorinated.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Queen Room - Sahara

I cannot say a negative thing about this place. The only thing I can say is that you should bring with you what you want to enjoy, especially with regards to food and drink. There is not a bar or restaurant here to cater to your every need. A wonderful breakfast in included every morning and a small menu of salads, sandwiches and snacks for lunch. The rooms have refrigerators, water filter pitchers, a coffee maker and coffee. For dinner you can go out, have something delivered, or possibly prepare something in your room if you have a kitchen. The staff are available to help you with whatever you might need, within reason, but they keep to themselves in the friendliest way-which is one of the charms of this place, in my opinion.

This place is my home away from home when I come to Palm Springs, only it's more relaxing. There are no phones or TV's in the room, just the sound of the birds, the waterfall, and a view of the beautiful mountains. There are numerous places to lounge, in and out of the sun, and bikes to borrow free of charge should you need to go somewhere- although it's almost impossible to leave this place for any reason. A delicious, healthy breakfast is included each morning and a small menu is offered at lunch. Downtown Palm Springs is just a 10 minute walk, or a short bike ride down the street when you're ready for dinner. The suites have kitchens so you can always come prepared with everything you need so you never have to leave the grounds once you get here. At twilight the mood of this romantic garden paradise transforms with the glow of numerous candle lit lanterns and fire pits to relax by. The pool is available 24 hours in case you'd like a night or early morning swim. There are massage services on site to help you ease into your relaxation retreat. Every night at 7:30 a movie is projected onto the wall of the courtyard of their Villa property across the street- but it's quiet, just like everything here, so as to not disturb the majestic stillness that everyone comes here to enjoy.

• Queen Suite - Mykonos Suite

The shower very dangerous, also the bed although comfortable was very high, my wife is only 4'10 and although funny to me needed a chair to get in.

Breakfast was really good you had three choices and all were excellent.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room - Kalymnos

Wifi was spotty, that's all.

It wasn't amazing! The staff was very sweet.. but i felt they could have been a little more welcoming. ( but they were super sweet!) just wanted a more friendly and more warm welcome.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Queen Studio - Artist Studio

The original room I booked smelled like sewage and the furniture seemed run-down and old. I wished they had a bar.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Queen Room - Limnos

The property is starting to look run-down. I have been there previously, and it seems the place needs updating and sprucing up.

The breakfast was good (pancakes, huevos rancheros, fresh orange juice, great coffee) but always cold - seems like the meal was pre-cooked and sitting...

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Queen Room - Kalymnos

It rained and it was hard to navigate our room way in the back. Expensive also.it would have been better had it not rained all weekend so we could have enjoyed the pool and grounds.

Breakfast was amazing!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Room - Thessaly

We liked everything. However if you want a bar scene or a more typical luxury style hotel this isn't for you.

A beautiful place, a world unto itself. Very peaceful. Charming staff.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Suite - Ionean Bungalow

We stayed in the Ionean bungalow and it was so beautiful and peaceful. The bed was also the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The property was absolutely stunning and felt magical. I highly recommend for a romantic getaway

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Queen Studio - Artist Studio

It's too pricey to visit regularly, it will have to be reserved for special occasions.

It was the sexiest hotel I've ever stayed at and I can't wait to go back. It has a come-hither vibe and is effortlessly cool. The staff was warm, welcoming and very personable.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Queen Room - Syros

I loved that the pools were heated to 95 degrees and open 24 hours. The room was so cozy and perfect for a mini honey moon, you feel like you are in a different country!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• King Suite - Orchard House

For $750 a night my suite had no personal touchs . No slippers for cold floors, no pens/paper, very small shower , bathtub took 15 minutes to fill. No phones in rooms the hotel is cell based. Wifi had to be reset twice. No iron or board in suite. Not set up for electronics no Dock station

Very comfortable bed, great breakfast. Beautiful suite. I was in Orchard House.The staff was very kind

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Queen Room - Delphi

The walls in the bedroom were so thin. We could hear everything our neighbors were saying and we had to listen to their music for hours at night. The room itself wasn't as beautiful as the rest of the property.

The property is beautiful and the breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Queen Room - Delphi

We thought the room was very rustic and cabin like. The floor and flagstone was very rough on bare feet. The bathroom was tiny and the shower took about 2 to 3 minutes to warm up. The bathroom sink was missing the pop up part of the drain

Our room was Delphi and the breakfast and common areas were great. The patio outside if Delphi was nice and the location was great.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Queen Room - Sahara

For the price I would have expected there to have been a higher level of service, for example, at least a bar.. It is in effect a boutique B and B.

Very originally and beautifully decorated, with a warm friendly atmosphere about it, Particularly at night with lights and candles everywhere.

• King Studio - Casablanca

Could have used extra pillows on the bed - it was a little drab. The whole place feels like it needs a little sprucing up. I was there 13 or so years ago and they were probably new, but now the outdoor pool cushions are pretty dingy, the couch and the pillows on the couch in the Artist Studio are NOT comfy, the overall take-away was that it needs some updating and sprucing up. Definitely way overpriced. Until they do some upgrades, I won't be back. I think they also could have splurged on a $15. bottle of champagne for guests paying almost $500/night on New Years Eve. The hats and noise makers were nice, but a can of sparkling wine just doesn't cut it.

Overall vibe is amazing. We loved the windows, view and vibe of the Artist Studio. Fantastic customer service!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Queen Room - Limnos

Our original room was limited in size and storage, and the wifi didn't reach the room. But on sharing this feedback after one night they switched us to a new rolm without a quibble that was just perfect.

A unique ambience- not your typical hotel. Quiet, discrete, relaxed, authentic & lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Queen Room - Atlas

Everything!! So beautiful, comfy beds, two pools, easy to get to location, and great staff. I'd fly back to Palm Springs just to stay here again :) it feels just like you're in Morocco or Greece.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Room - Adobe

During low season there's not a lot to see in the city. Lots of shops are closed from mo-thur.

It's an absolutely great stay for relaxing. Never seen such a value for the price (low season, weekday). beautiful rooms, beautiful design.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Paxos Suite

My room and surrounding property could have been cleaner and better maintained.

A beautiful relaxing space, with a delicious breakfast in the morning! Quiet and Peaceful retreat.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Studio - Appollonia

The only bummers were the bed was super uncomfortable; no support, dipped in the middle. And unfortunately, our massages were not good. Both pretty basic and underwhelming; not in tuned with nerves and pressure points at all.

Loved most of it; beautifully designed, very romantic, wonderful details. Loved the record player in the room, no tv! The lavender towels, breakfast was nice! All in all we really enjoyed the place and would probably come back.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Not applicable!

The hospitality was amazing. This place is a dream. Nothing went wrong. Friends stayed nearby at two popular hotels and after visiting me one day, they were envious of the Korakia setting. I HIGHLY recommend.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Queen Room - Sahara

The wifi connection was a little spotty but not a big deal at all

Absolutely amazing serene romantic destination- a true hidden gem! Everyone who worked there was lovely and sweet! I had a dream vacation because of this hotel!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• King Suite - Marrakech Suite

Just the heat itself is crazy but nothing related to the resort:)

Breakfast was included and it's very delicious! This place is just awesome! You have to go see it!

• Queen Suite - Bedouin Suite

The bed was firm and I slept well with all their pillow options

• Queen Suite - Paxos Suite

The food/drink menu is very limited, so bring your own things.

Super romantic and lots of privacy. Great massages too.

• Queen Room - Adobe

Breakfast in the morning was delicious! The staff was extremely friendly and made our stay comfortable!

Breakfast was delicious

• Queen Room - Bedouin

bed on platform were a bit high for 75 year olds!

breakfast was delicious

• Queen Room - Delphi

Lunch menu was a bit ordinary and limited

Old movie played under the stars Coffee making without ripping open packets

• King Suite - Aegean Bungalow

The overall environment and the decoration / theme.

• Queen Room - Sahara

The premises are beautiful, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the staff was delightful!

Loved everything!

It was perfection and a perfect escape.

• Queen Studio - Artist Studio

Bed not the most comfy but far from the least!

Breakfasts great. Location good for walking to locations. Fire pits View from Artist’s Suite

The staff.

This place is very beautiful. That’s it. The end. Staff is rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. I would never stay here again.

• Queen Studio - Appollonia

bed was super comfy though the room smelled a bit too "rustic" we just sprayed our linens and fixed that

• Queen Room - Adobe

Yes property is beautiful and more then anything the staff is amazing. It's a really cozy and intimate place! ❤️

• Queen Room - Limnos

The architectural structure was breathtaking

• Queen Room - Limnos

Needs some updates. Better a/c, lighting, counter space, electrical plugs. NO TV

Charming and quiet. Pretty grounds

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room - Adobe

Our room was very small.

excellent breakfasts and very friendly service.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The matelas of bed

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nothing I didn't like.

Customer service was EXCEPTIONAL. BREAKFAST WAS AS DELICIOUS AS IT LOOKED.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Queen Room - Syros

the room was great, the grounds were relaxing and beautiful

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Adobe room Tosmall

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Queen Room - Byzantium

The general very relaxed and quiet ambience as well as the pool and gardens

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Room - Thessaly

This place was magic. One of the most romantic places I've ever stayed. Now SHHHHH please keep it a secret. They only have 28 rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Queen Room - Syros

Sometimes fancy breakfast attracts people but quantity and taste are even more important

Style and decoration

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Suite - Ionean Bungalow

Super cute chic hotel. Loved the vibe.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• King Suite - Aegean Bungalow

Beautiful getaway! Feels like your in another country when your there.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Queen Room - Atlas

This place was absolute heaven. Every little detail has been carefully considered and it's perfect. I did not want to leave!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Thicker drapes on the large windows to limit early morning sun. (our room faced east with no plant or building to screen the early glare). A bit more light in the bathroom.

Charm and relaxed feel of both the inn and the staff. Delicious breakfasts. Lovely pools and movies outside in the evening.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Nothing, this place is perfection. I have never stayed anywhere that I liked better.

Everything here is perfect! The ambience is so relaxing and rejuvenating, I feel like I'm waking up in an enchanted garden. The pool is always clean and warmed to just the right temp. The breakfast choices in the morning, which are including in the price of the stay, offer a nice variety. They have a simple lunch offering (for an additional cost), but then you don't have to leave poolside for lunch if you don't want to. The staff is friendly and non invasive. The rooms are simple and elegant and contain everything you need to feel comfortable and well cared for. The pool is lit and available 24 hrs a day, where else can you find that? There are bikes available to borrow and ride to nearby restaurants and art museums, even though you are also within walking distance. We've been coming to Korakia for 5 years and always look forward to visiting, it never gets old. This last time they were working on painting and updating some of the common areas. The original house is from 1924 and has a lot of character and they care for it well like a dear friend. I love love love this place!

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The staff was very attentive, always making sure you were satisfied. The whole place had an old world, great, peaceful vibe - if you prefer to stay away from big hotels and name brands, Korakia is it.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The staff wasn't very friendly and for what we paid (close to $500), we expected a whole lot more. There was no restaurant at the hotel, no alcohol on the grounds (you can bring your own), no television or phone in the room, and at night they locked the hotel up and the lobby was closed. I expected a LOT more for what we paid.

The hotel was beautiful but that's the only positive thing about the place.

There are also 71 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.