Reviews of AKA Central Park 4 stars

42 West 58th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA

#9 of 180 Holiday rentals in New York

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The building was covered with scaffolding....I think the property should have notified me. Also I asked for a room with a nice view and got one with a few of numerous air conditioning units...not very appealing

The location was excellent...very close to Central Park, 5th and 6th Avenue and lots of great eating places. The fitness center was well equipped and even though we didn’t use the restaurant/cafe it was good knowing it was there.

• Premium Studio

TV remote was a bit difficult to operate (buttons hard to press, which got annoying). Bathroom was on the small side, but nicely designed and worked fine.

Good location around the corner from Central Park. Very nice, modern rooms with kitchenette, which was very useful for fridge, snacks etc. Very large flat screen TV. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It is expensive, $466 US a night! But that’s New York, everything is expensive. The lobby is dark (not helped by dark floor tiles and paintwork with few embellishments) and the new bar/lounge is not my taste, minimalist. The scaffolding outside ruins the look of the hotel from the front but many hotels in New York are like that with the new regulations - there’s scaffolding in front of so many buildings everywhere.

We had a room with lounge and kitchen, so it was very spacious although the bathroom was a little small it was fine. We stayed 12 nights and needed some extra comfort and amenity, hence the requirement for a kitchen. The little cafe at the hotel served great food and fantastic coffee (the best we had in New York) at great prices for Central New York. Amazing gym, great large cinema where you can watch your own films on Netflix. Location is perfect, 100 metres from Central Park and a subway stations on the corner with great restaurants all around.

• Deluxe Studio

The team at AKA central park are lovely. Especially the door men always friendly. The place is close to perfect...clean, quiet, well maintained, great location near to the park and 5th Ave.

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite

The air conditioning unit was noisy at times. The café food was limited.

The bed was comfortable. The kitchen was wonderful. The staff were all lovely and helpful.

• Premium Studio

My premium studio was smaller than I expected. I guess my expectation was from the many pictures of the premium studio that I saw online.

Central location and efficient staff.

• Premium Studio

I was advised to ask again on the morning of departure for a late check-out. But when told that I couldn’t, I had to rush to pack up and move my bags out to leave in the hotel storage, as I I had a meeting to rush to, I wasn’t informed that I didn’t need to return to sign-off my check-out. I rushed back to AKA after my meeting just to do that - and only then was told that since my bags were already out of the room, I didn’t have to - and that I was already charged! Wasted my effort and time. Had a cold shower at 3am as the water wasn’t warm enough despite running for a long while. Plus I didn’t know what number to ring and inform the front desk as there isn’t an indication of the front desk number next to the phone:

Easy to make payment. No queues. Friendly and courteous staff.

• Deluxe Studio

Some of the reception staff were not friendly. Booked long in advance, yet were given a room where there was maintenance going on - only on the one section where our room was, with workmen going up and down outside our window. Had to keep blinds closed all day. View was obstructed by scaffolding and netting. There were other rooms our size which could have been given to us, considering booking was made 2 months ago. Aircon very noisy. Some days shower water was not very hot and when there was hot water, took about 5 minutes to heat up.

Fantastic location, complimentary laundry facility, very comfortable bed. Lovely kitchen facility, lots of storage space. Nice size room. Friendly doormen.

• Premium Studio

Had a problem, although we asked for and paid for daily housekeeping, that this was not done. Very rude housekeeping manager.

It is not the first time we stay at AKA Central Park and it will not be the last time. Centrally located, friendly helpful staff.

• Premium Studio

Front desk is understaffed and inexperienced.

Cafe is terrific with outstanding service. Room was clean and spare, excellent bed. Reasonably quiet. Terrific location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Paid for one-bedroom suite, and the only views were of the backs of other buildings - living room view was a solid brick wall about 6 feet away; only other view was from bedroom and it was the back of another building. Very dark interior.

Kitchen was great, and the suite size was outstanding for NYC. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Studio

The noise that flowed into the corridors from adjacent rooms- not through the walls as such, but TV and voices were very audible, and please get something that softens the noise of the closing door.

The fact there was a microwave and jug and sink, a very good laundry, and the location.

• Premium Studio

When I booked no where did the booking mention to me that it didn’t include daily maid or housekeeping service. When I had booked earlier the same was included. This should have been clearly brought out by booking.com

Property was well located and studio was great

• Deluxe Studio

They don’t actually clean our room everyday. I think they do clean it every two days. I stayed there for 5 nights but they only clean our room twice. Room is not as large as the pictures shown. It’s way smaller than I think.

The hotel is just next to 5th Street. 15mins to Times Square. 3 Mins to Apple Store and very close to luxury shops.

• Deluxe Studio

We had the impression the hotel was not fully "fixed" yet. We know it's the AKA athmosphere, but it was quite dark in the room.

excellent location close to Central Park and theatre district.

• Deluxe Studio

Leaving yesterday😢! Seriously, the stopper in the bath was leaking so I had to keep one heel in it to keep the water in the bath. I didn’t complain and if I had done I’m certain that it would have been rectified.

Bed was GINORMOUS! Location was unbeatable - beside the Plaza. Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Roosevelt Island Cable Cars and lots more. Room was quiet, generous in size, spotless. It’s my fourth trip to NYC and by far the best accommodation that I’ve stayed in at this price point. Staff ultra professional.

• Premium Studio

The only downside was the construction crew on the scaffolding outside our room, but that is just a temporary issue. There were no TV instructions , and we had a little difficulty figuring it out.

We couldn't have been happier: great location, comfortable and large room, kitchen, gym, theater. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We expect to visit again.

• Deluxe Studio

The room was much smaller than we had expected - the advertising needs to be clearer. We had very little natural light in the room, window faced a brick wall. We expected to have somewhere to sit down. We complained that, although a studio, it was clearly designed to cater for a couple but only one dinning chair provided at table (no other chairs). Were they expecting us to eat our meals in bed! We wanted to be self catering and when we made this clear they provided a small portable hob, with a couple of saucepans -we didn't feel that they were really geared up for anyone who wanted to do more than heat up a ready meal or boil a kettle. I didn't like the "kitchinette" being immediately beside the bed - cooking smells carry and are held by bedding.

Location better than expected. Quiet. Reliable lift. Quite happy to have 4 day cleaner -quite a sensible arrangement not too intrusive.

• Deluxe Studio

Everything was spot on except the fact we had cold water for 2 nights which was eventually fixed but disappointed that the hotel were aware of the problem with the room but still put us in it!

Amazing location, good staff and overall a lovely hotel.

• Deluxe Studio

They should put info packs in the room to let people know the facilities better They also seem to be geared towards business people rather than tourists It would be nice if they could be geared to give advise on what to do in MY

Lovely fireplace in lounge Upgraded us to a better room Small kitchen area and overall modern and spacious

• Deluxe Studio

Have to be above 21 years to enter the lounge. Should be open to all guests.

Nice room in modern and stylish hotel. The cafe served delicious breakfast. Very close to Central Park. Will return.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I had made the 1 bedroom suite reservation through Bookings months before arrival. And I had called AKA directly to request a BRIGHT room...can be any 1 bedroom suite...just a bright room as I will be on property most of the time for recuperation. Upon arrival...was given a 1 bedroom suite that required several repairs...a room that faced a building 6’ away looking at all the condensers outside the windows. It was a dark depressing dundgeon !!! After trying for 3 days to change to another room...the front desk team member’s comment from...’ you’re paying for a room not a view...this is NYC and all buildings are close together thus no views ‘. After speaking with the same AKA team member for days...he finally said he’ll change me to a room facing 58th Street...then a room on a higher floor...this went on for 3 days without any results. I tried calling Management and was routed to the various departments but Management.. finally left a message with Cesarina but no call back. Under the circumstances...I told front desk that I would like to check out. I emailed the Managing Director that though the one day penalty was minimal I objected on principal !!! When I had made the reservation months ago through Bookings...and my two follow up calls to the hotel directly requesting just a BRIGHT 1 bedroom suite...if I had been told that the request was impossible to honour...I would not have chosen AKA and would have cancelled before the deadline for cancellation. It would have saved Bookings...AKA and me the unnecessary stress !!! It would have saved me the inconvenience and stress of finding and moving into another venue !!! The Managing Director’s response ‘ we were running at a high occupancy so it was challenging to find options for you, and we never guarantee rooms for that reason ‘. ‘ We understand your frustrations and therefore did not charge full cancellation, we only charge you one additional night...’ Then what is the point of one MAKING A RESERVATION IN ADVANCE ???

The AKA location is convenient.

• Deluxe Studio

non-flexible late checkout, parking and non-existing basic medical kit could be better

The facilities like laundry, inside room amenities, utensils and other things like microwave etc. were great

• Premium Studio

We struggled with the coffee pot’s pouring mechanism. Hm. User error?

Close to subway lines and within walking distance of many attractions and shopping.

• Deluxe Studio

The apartment is very well located - just 2 minutes from the Central Park and close to the subway. It is nicely decorated and equipped, even the lowest standard room. We liked the gym, cafe and cinema as well - great to have it in the building. But I'm giving it 10 mainly thanks to great staff. Our flight was cancelled and we were given big help with extending our stay, we really apprectiate it.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

This is just a kind of condominium. Although I requested the stuff to move to the room with a bathtub, they didn’t give me their sincere attitude.

Location!

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite

Extremely disappointed. We had stayed previously at AKA Central Park and had always recommended it as a great option of a “home away from home” This time however it was quite the opposite. We were given a room on the second floor (actually the 1st floor) where the laundry and business centre are located. There were only two rooms on this floor. We had booked a one bedroom premium suite and even if the room was spacious and with the usual AKA standards it was so dark and gloomy it felt like we were staying in a basement. It wasn’t surely worth the price we paid for it. This room should definitely be offered on a much cheaper rate and the guests should be made fully aware they won’t be able to see the light of day during their whole stay. A rip off. Will not recommend it or stay again.

• Deluxe Studio

Only one desk chair in room. No seating for two people to eat. Unavailability of some facilities.

Staff was responsive to resolving issues. Staff was always polite and upbeat. Good location and surrounding places for entertainment. Nice bathrobes. Quiet yet central location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Checkin and checkout hours are becoming more apart ... checkin is now at 3PM . They don’t let you in despite they have vacant units

Always stay there. We like the size of the rooms and the gym plus the location

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It would be ideal to have couch fold into bed so you don’t have to deal with rental bedding. There was not one available for our stay so my son had to spend five nights on couch and he found his back got sore. I didn’t understand how to make the drier work and this resulted in some new clothes ruined because they sat in machine still wet and colours ran. It worked the first night but when used same setting again clothes seems steamed but not dry and we were sad that some newly purchased items were stained with dye from other clothes. Freezer didn’t keep ice cream cold enough and it melted (an issue for the teens with me..).

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Cafe food was excellent and loved the free coffee for guests! This was a nice surprise. The location was perfect, so close to Central Park and easy to get everywhere by foot or subway. Christmas tree in lobby was just beautiful and created a warm welcome environment from the minute we entered the hotel. We stayed between dec 26 and 31, a very beautiful but busy and cold time of year; the staff and amenities at this hotel made dealing with crowds and cold totally worth it and we cannot wait to come back. I would not even consider staying elsewhere. This place really is close to perfect!!!!

• Deluxe Studio

The accommodations more than met my expectations. Spacious, one bedroom with a fully-equipped kitchen. Updated bathroom. Located a block from the true heart (and lungs) of NYC: Central Park. Most of all, the staff was very responsive, friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite

But the bedroom did not have enough lighting, you could not even re-arrange your luggage in the dark. Additionally, I did not get any cleaning while staying (two nights)

The furniture, appliances and decor were perfect. Very good quality and taste.

• Deluxe Studio

Unfortunately we had a problem with soundproofing. Not through the walls but, incredibly, through the door! Two doors to be exact. There was a screaming kid in the room OPPOSITE (ie across the corridor), who made a huge noise along with his screaming parents - all hours of the night. Twice we were woken up at around 4:00am. Ok we were all young once, but this was extreme. And I’m more being critical of the hotel, for not being better at noise control, than the kid, who I guess doesn’t know any better. So when you check in, you might like to also check the room location and who’s down your end of the corridor with you!

AKA is a long-stay concept, it’s designed to live in for a while so has more space than a normal hotel room, and includes a small kitchen and other apartment amenities. We liked the space, and felt more at “home” than in a hotel room. The location is fantastic for Midtown - especially 57th Subway stop is 200m one way, Central Park is 200m the other way.

• Deluxe Studio

The room was a little dark, but that is a tiny quibble.

Lovely room with a nice kitchenette area, perfect for a quick breakfast prior to heading out for the day. The location was incredible - close to Central Park, mid-town theatres and multiple subway lines.

facilities is too dark

i would expect this type of accommodation has the electricity cord to borrow during the stay, you need to know that travelling from different part of the world sometimes we forget to check for this and the hotel doesn't have any spare for us to borrow

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Would be good if gym were to have rowing equipment and additional equipment for lower body strengthening.

Friendly and professional staff. Very clean and comfortable furnishings.

• Premium Studio

The rooms are dark and we had no idea of how small the size of the room was as it was not accurately represented on the Booking.Com page nor when I checked on the AKA Central Park website. We booked this place solely on the size of the rooms as we were there for 10 days. Daily cleaning did not take place and we only learnt about this on arrival. The pantry was only filled with water on the day of arrival and I was told when asking for a refill that additional bottles are charged at a fee. For the amount you are paying - the quality and service and offering is not matched. New York has so many competitive offerings. My friend had recommended it based on her stay at the AKA in LA which was a completely different experience. We were happy overall because we are very self sufficient and accommodating - but I would not stay again unfortunately.

Location. The Doormen.

• Deluxe Studio

They only clean once per week and they charge 75 usd each time if you want to have the room cleaned! The price quoted on booking.com was not including taxed, do the final bill was considerably higher. They don't have a concierge service as in any other hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The rooms were extremely dark and much smaller than presented on the photos, AC stopped working on our second last day.

Rooms were clean, staff was super friendly and helpful - Especially Franklin! Location was fantastic - nearly all NY attractions were in a 30 min walk distance.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

No natural light, the room was very dark at all times of day We would have really appreciated prior knowledge of the Poorly designed kitchen layout requiring basketballer height to reach crockery and no dishrack

Well positioned Extremely friendly and helpful staff Comfortable and well fitted out An available laundry was a huge bonus

• Deluxe Studio

Parking is expensive, but expected. My room wasn't cleaned or towels changed for any of the 4 days.

Excellent location, between 5th and 6th 1 block from the central park. Comfortable bed. Nice room size. Staff very friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Everything about this hotel is perfect except for the housekeeping, it should be schedule on a daily basis not per stay or weekly basis.

The Hotel location is superb, the inroom facilities and services are value for money. Everything that we need are at a walking distance.

• Deluxe Studio

Rooms only serviced weekly, however our towels weren't changed and trash wasn't emptied for first 3 days, even though they should be done daily. The a/c in the room was incredibly noisy. The carpet was badly stained. Somebody was smoking on our floor and it smelled terrible in my room.

Great fitness suite. Free laundry facilities. Great location. Friendly staff. The bed was very comfortable. The cafe had great coffee and breakfast.

• Deluxe Studio

My window faced a wall so there was no natural light in the room.

The room was the right size and had everything I needed. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Staff were very helpful. The location is excellent.

• Deluxe Studio

This particular room only had one chair, aside from the bed. The value for price, was a little lacking, being a weekday stay. Unchangeable downside is the traffic in that area...58th street is busy at times, and near Trump Plaza which adds to the difficulty of car/cab travel. I chose to walk a block or two to catch cabs, and it worked out much better.

Excellent location for the trip/itinerary I had planned. Although not a huge room, the kitchen was a bonus and came in more handy than I had thought. Café next door was very good, and of course convenient, however it closes by 4pm, and other food options are at least a block away.

• Premium Studio

I booked a Premium Studio that cost some US$340 per night plus tax. The room was bare, there wasn't even have a sofa chair to sit on (contrary to the photo on booking.com). There's just a bed and a big TV with some basic kitchen amenities. I wanted to cancel this so-called aparthotel room to move to other places close-by. The manager refused; he said Booking.com would penalize the hotel if I cancelled the room. I called Booking.com, which helpfully clarified that no penalty would be charged. The manager would not budge; and insisted that I paid another US$100 per night to "upgrade" to a room with a sofa chair. After a back-and-forth for two hours, I had no choice but to put up with the bare room for two nights. Will never return again.

• Deluxe Studio

The room itself was comfortable, however the cleaners were banging and slamming doors and talking very loudly to each other..it was extremely disturbing waking up every single day with loud noises and banging doors all morning. I wish they would put into consideration that it was weekend and not acceptable for the comfort of guests.

• Deluxe Studio

I wish they give better service on cleaning the rooms. Would love to stay here again because of the great location. The cinema room was unnecessary, no one gonna watch it there anyway. Samsung SMART TV does not work! It can truly give apartment feels if the TV able to watch YouTube, Netflix, etc. However, some amenities and facilities such as better lounge, better food and drinks selections will greatly improve overall experience.

Location, location, location. Right in front of Plaza Hotel. We can just walk within minutes to Central Park. Modern, large rooms, laundry and drying facility. Business room.

• Deluxe Studio

The maids are desorganized and you must call Reception several times to get an answer. There is a lack of electricity plugs on the table/desk.

Location, location, location. Friendly staff to receive parcel and correspondence at the hotel. Good wifi in the rooms.

• Deluxe Studio

We were not expected! The hotel did not process our booking from booking.com which resulted in a 30 minute delay during a check-in. Pity they did not bother to even apologize.

AKA is an apartment hotel. Rooms are not serviced daily (can be but at a cost) however you get fresh towels every day for free. You hardly can find a better location in NYC. Gym, business center, bar and cafeteria on spot. They accept parcels during your stay.

• Deluxe Studio

I was in the studio 307. Shades does not close very well. I paid for the house keeping and in the first day, the studio was not set up in the 4th night in the bathroon, over the sink water from the bathroom in the 4th floor start to drip. Maintenance solve the problem, but in the next day start again.Work done, the problem stops. the head of my bed was teared.

I like the localization.

• Premium Studio

Property is old, tired with noisy very old fashioned AC and small bathroom. Very oevr priced for what it offers although this may be due to location.

Location and friendly, helpful staff.

• Premium Studio

The whole check in process was very disorganised. The staff was attempting to be helpful but the process was slow and tedious. The hotel claimed there was some confusion with the reservation by Booking.com and they were trying to resolve it. Not sure where the problem was.

Location is great Room sizes are larger than places in the area

• Deluxe Studio

A bit pricey but its a good location so I got that.

Love the location of this hotel!Close to Central Park, 5th Avenue, Starbucks, cafe and restaurants. Comfortable bed and deep bathtub,Stuff always friendly and helped me a lot.

• Deluxe Studio

It would have been nice for there to be some tea/coffee sachets in the suite, as we arrived too late to go out and buy for the morning.

Comfy pillows!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Studio

I couldn't aim the hand held shower in any way to hit my body without holding it myself. Annoying.AKA

The accommodations were quite spacious for Manhattan, at this price point. The bathroom was beautifully appointed. Had questions about lighting and the AC, and a tech was at my door within two minutes. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The refrigerator in suite is small, They told us it was because the suite we had ( with our approval since we are seniors) was designed for disables and the refrigerator should be suitable for people in a wheel chair.

The facilities are comfortable for an extended stay we had. We could include our adult daughter in suite without inconveniences.

• Deluxe Studio

The studio we had was unrenovated, never saw that actual unit on the internet. Was expecting the modern look of what I saw on the internet. Additionally, I thought rate was expensive for a partially serviced hotel room, with a small fridge and sink. Expecting more space so was disappointed in that respect.goo

Location, cleanliness and staff.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Three months in advance we had requested a high, quiet room. When we arrived we were allocated an apartment on the 3rd Floor (the lowest of all accommodation floors) with 3 large air-conditioning fans right outside the bedroom window, so it was constantly noisy. The New York "view" we had hoped for was through filthy, ill-fitting windows, to high brick walls surrounding heaps of rusting old air-conditioning units, plus an old bird-scarer surrounded by pigeons. We could not see any sky, and had to leave the hotel to check on the weather. We asked if we could move. We were told that it was not possible as they were "over-booked", although they did give us a bottle of prosecco to "compensate us" for our 10 night stay in these conditions. Luckily we were very busy and were out most of the time - so provided we kept the curtains shut and wore earplugs every night we were quite comfortable! We think that for this kind of money for a 10 night stay booked so far in advance (management planning needs to improve?) AKA management should have been more attentive and we should have been given more pleasant surroundings. The good points as noted were only just enough to prevent us walking out and demanding our money back. A shame!

Great location for walking to Central Park and most major art galleries, and good public transport to lower Manhattan. The apartment, especially for NYC, was very spacious. Super shower, and spotlessly clean. Quiet inside hotel. Almost like living in Manhattan.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Deluxe Studio

For the price we spend, I would have liked at least a free coffee at the apartment when I arrived. The presentation of the place was not done properly, the staff didnt highlight all the area accessible and services.

The apartment

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio

We were out for the night and we returned to our room we found a burst pipe. They had to relocate us to another room claiming it was an upgrade but it was in fact a room that we were supposed to be booked into when we arrived according to our booking.com reservation. The event was very frustrating as it was close to midnight and we had to pack up and then unpack in our new room. The only compensation was a free breakfast. In addition there was no bottled water not even any to purchase during our entire trip. The toilet paper holder was located behind the toilet ( very inconvenient)

• Deluxe Studio

Couldn't fault them, we were impressed with everything.

Modern, clean room and facilities. Very tasteful decor and good size room with kitchen, which made a huge difference especially when we had to stay in during the blizzard! Had a nice breakfast in the cafe that morning too which was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful - especially at the very end when we had trouble with our shuttle to the airport and needed a transfer to JFK at short notice (a big thanks Julie for your help sorting this!) I would recommend this Hotel to everyone and will definitely look out for more AKA Hotel's when travelling to other cities.

• Deluxe Studio

Most of the reviews said the facility wasn't clean or good besides it's location. However, the restroom was bigger and cleaner than i expected. Plus the room was excellent. It was clean, quite bigger, and it had pretty much everything that i needed for a business trip and as a residence hotel. Oh it doesnt have stove btw (no minus for that tho).

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe Studio

A bit of supplies for the coffee maker. It gets very expensive to buy coffee, creamer or milk and sweetener for a weeks stay at the hotel. Also, a toaster or toaster oven would have made it more convenient to make breakfast in the room.

Everything.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio

The kitchen is only good for a basic breakfast or making sandwiches. There is no cooking equipment like bowls or such, and no hob, just a microwave and fridge. The heating is VERY noisy.

The location is excellent, close to central park and to the subway. My studio room is large and comfortable with a nice bathroom and a super-comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio

room decor needs refreshing, no facial tissues, poor communication of hotel facilities and services, need reading lamp for chair, desk had no power outlets.

location, size of room, quiet and comfortable, affordable.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Carpet seems old. Power sockets are flimsy and old. Artificial lighting in room not bright enough. Perhaps one more lamp at the TV dresser would be good. No body lotion given with toiletries. No bedroom slippers. Radiator needs cleaning - vents full of dust. Reception lukewarm. Two elevators to service in-house clients, one broken on last day of stay. Took quite long to wait for elevator.

Newly renovated, clean, bathroom and toilet. Spacious room. Furnished kitchenette. Big bed. Very soft, comfortable robe. Iron and ironing board in room. Many towels provided to make up for the once-every-5-days cleaning service.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say about this hotel! 5 STARS!

The AKA Central Park is the standard of a 5 Star hotel but you feel like you are at home with the kitchen facilities and the extra space to relax. We spent Christmas in NYC with our 5 sons aged 24yrs to 11yrs. We booked two studios and a one bed suite. Loads of space to hang out together between outings and excellent value. We had one issue with Housekeeping which was resolved by Rob, very friendly yet professional and for sure we will return.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Cost was high, but is it just because it is New York....?

Location was excellent, 1 block from Central Park, with Subway just around the corner. Room was spacious, Kitchenette was small with only a Microwave for cooking, so don't expect too much. Staff were very friendly, very clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Cleaning is being done once every 3-4days, kitchen has nothing but a coffee machine, there is no stove not even kettle,

Rooms are quiet big as for NYC standards

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite

Missing details e.g. Coffee and tea in the lobby 33% was missing sugar or tea bags etc. The cafe isn't well designed.

Location great. Rooms well designed. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Tight space

Very quiet in the rooms!Microwave and fridge.Glasses,coffee,plates,bowls for 2.I was recovering from surgery so we brought lots of homemade soup and kept it in the fridge and used the microwave to reheat.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite

Helpfulness & attitude of managers & front desk staff. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the hotel, we couldn't access the hotel for 2 days. Stay at another AKA hotel was arranged by the hotel. When we returned to AKA Central Park, our original booking was inadvertently altered, & in compensation we were upgraded to a penthouse, with complimentary breakfast. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. We'll be back next time we're in New York.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Didn't dislike anything at all, but I think the hotel should have at least offered a jug of milk and some coffee in its well equipped kitchen, as we arrived 11.30 in the evening having travelled 18 hours.

We opted for a king suite which really was a superb base for our week in NYC. Spacious and well furnished accommodation including big lounge, large bedroom with equally large and very comfortable bed and well fitted out kitchenette and bathroom. Heating and/or aircon very efficient. Very pleased with our decision to use AKA as we were 1 minute walk from Central Park.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Deluxe Studio

1. Very expensive, 2. Lack of any kind of view, 3. Cafe (unaceptable for such a fancy residence)

1. Staff, 2. Convenience of a residence apartment (little kitchen), 3. Good location

Browse AKA Central Park traveller photo gallery