Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bloomington West 3 stars

7770 Johnson Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55435, USA

#16 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The beds were very uncomfortable. The complimentary breakfast was out of food every morning, we even tried going early and they still didnt have any food left. The pool was tiny and always crowded, there was no hot tub.

The pillows were awesome. The rooms were clean. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

There was no hot tub, the elevator went down, & the maintence guy was extremely rude.

When checking in, anyone that was behind the counter was amazing and super helpful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The staff was so wonderful and helpful! We stayed for an appointment with my brother who uses a power wheelchair and on our way down to the pool, the staff at the desk made sure to ask in the kindest way if we needed the lift to get into the pool. She was amazingly considerate and kind! Also, every staff person we saw was smiling and said hello and good morning. It was a very welcoming place to be.

• Standard Double or King Room

Door didn't shut easily, had to really push/pull to get it to close all the way. If I didn't realize this my belongings could've been compromised

Beds, facilities, breakfast, staff

• Standard Double or King Room

It was spring break, so the breakfast room was crowded. At times there were 20 people in line for food. Definitely did not keep up with demand for bacon and for eggs.

Breakfast was very good

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The last week of my business in town was the the week before the Superbowl. I was very disappointed in the fact that the rates doubled and forces me to stay elsewhere. I don't feel this was a good business practice. It also became inconvient for me, as I had to move to a hotel farther from my work location due to rates becoming outside business budget.

Love LOVE the location. In town for 6 weeks and stayed often. Rates were a great value.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Shuttle broke down and we were stranded outside in below zero weather at the mall. We did eventually catch a cab and hotel reimbursed. Burn mark on carpet. Pillows to thick. Broken part on tub handle.

Awesome breakfast, location, room, lobby.

Since I was still on CA time, I barely made breakfast. Eyes popped open at 9:14am (7:14am CA time). But I enjoyed my hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, muffin, and apple. Lots to choose from, but I had to hurry and get packed to leave by 11am (which I pushed to the last minute).

Very soft pillows. What a treasure after traveling since 8am CA time to fall into bed at midnight in MN!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Curtain in room didn’t close all the way so the bright light shining on the building came into the room, too close to the interstate so loud all night

Price, location, cleanliness, great breakfast

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I booked a king bed and got two doubles. It wasn't worth complaining about but I didn't like that.

It was a nice clean hotel with friendly staff, good breakfast, clean rooms, and a nice warm pool.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Front desk staff & manager were customer unfriendly.Lobby &dining room area need new decor ..very 1980's style decor.dark browns and out of date prints.Heavy atmosphere.

Location central

• King Room with Sofa Bed

We spent a large chunk of the night calling the front desk, teenagers were running up and down the hall way banging on doors until after midnight.

The room was clean, close to the elevator bank and was ready early!

• Standard Double or King Room

Shower head was too low. I'm 5'7" and had to bend to rinse my hair. Great for short people! We reserved a room with a king size bed, but they gave us 2 queens. No kings available at check-in.

Keurig was great. Nice refrigerator. Across the street was Trader Joe's and other stores.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

This property is conveniently located a short distance from the airport and the Mall of America. Shuttle service is available. A good breakfast with many options is provided. Our grandchildren enjoyed the pool, The desk and support staff were friendly and accommodating.

Pool area was great but no hot tub.

Clean facilities and large rooms. Very helpful and friendly staff. Right beside a Trader Joe and a Total Wine. Breakfast was very good.

• Standard Double or King Room

Pool was kind of small but not a deal breaker because our little one is only 2.

Egg white omelette' s were good, plenty of seating in the breakfast area. The location was perfect, we were about 10/15 minutes from the places we wanted to visit like the zoo and MOA. Lots of great food options within 5 minutes too!

I had a little trouble with working the washing machine because it did not take quarters. I was prepared to pay with quarters. However, I understand the convenience using a debit or credit card provides to those who don't carry change to do their laundry.

I really like that I was able to get a room with a sofa sleeper. The sleeper made a difference for my family. The room was spacious. The breakfast and coffee was hot.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Hash browns or potatoe would have been good considering I don't eat eggs. That bacon was too crisply and the sausage look taste boil instead baked or fried.

The pastry, juice,and coffee was good

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Was a little sad there was no hot tub and the showers felt a little small.

Loved our king size bed, the breakfast was amazing! And all the staff was very friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The bath-tub was slippery and I had to use a towel in the bottom when taking a shower. I fell a few years back and took out both of my shoulders while taking a shower in a hotel and I do NOT want to do that again!

Friendly staff and a very comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Double or King Room

Part of the reason we pick a Holiday Inn Express is for the breakfast. Unfortunately in this case, the staff seemed unprepared for a full breakfast room and there was a shortage of food. What was presented was cold. Part of what we like about the breakfast is the choices, but there was little choice to be had - egg omelets with cheese, no gravy, no plain eggs for those of that can't eat cheese. It was disappointing to say the least.

The room was great! Nice beds, plenty of space. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Double or King Room

My husband broke his back a few years ago and the beds wasn't good for him but it was O.K for me.

We had a appointment and it was a great location. The person ( I think his name is omer) checked us in he was awesome. The service was GREAT !!! We loved the upgrade !!!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The only very minor thing we didn't like were some of the breakfast choices. The only egg item we could choose were these mini omelettes filled with cheese (my daughter doesn't do cheese so that selection was out). And there are no waffles or biscuits and gravy if you're looking to enjoy those items. We actually only ate breakfast there Saturday morning and then enjoyed the Sunday Brunch menu from The Cheesecake Factory on Sunday morning (which was delicious and a good selection).

The hotel was easy to find, pretty much right off I-494, and down the street from a gas station, Trader Joe's and Perkins Restaurant (within walking distance). We were super surprised when we walked in to our room to not only find the two queen beds we'd reserved, but also a sofa and chair to lounge in (pleasant surprise indeed). Everything was nice and clean. Room even had a fridge, which was nice to store our waters (and leftover cheesecake dessert, LOL). The hotel is within a few minutes drive (North on France Ave) to some great restaurant choices -- Fuddruckers, Ciao Bella, Dave & Busters, Ruby Tuesday, The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, Rojo Mexican Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, Starbucks, etc. Extremely convenient to the Mall of America, which is why we were visiting. Friendly staff, nice size pool (although we didn't get to use it during our stay), and the Saturday & Sunday breakfast times had been extended until Noon (at least during our stay, Dec. 2016). Breakfast was okay -- They did have this really cool pancake maker machine with tasty pancakes. There was also regular sausage and turkey sausage patties, mini egg omelettes filled with cheese, cinnamon rolls, pastries, yogurt, cereal, toast, juice, coffee. No waffles or biscuits and gravy if you're looking for those items.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Toilet would not stop running - very annoying especially at night - a 2nd TV in a big room w divided area for pull out couch would have been nice

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Size of the pool and no hot tub

Overall the visit was winderful. Great variety of food and like how there was a late check out and breakfast on Sunday morning.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The housing staff knocked on our door twice within an hour of each other. The first time being fairly early in the am of our departure date. It felt like they were pushing us out. Never had someone check twice like that...we stay at a lot of hotels during the year.

Very clean hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The coffee was horrible, and even on low the AC fan was very noisy. Also, the coffee machine in the room didn't work.

Comfortable enough room, friendly staff--with one exception.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The pool area was very small and the chlorine smell was so strong the kids didn't even swim because it was very eye burning. there wasn't a microwave or fridge in our room.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Standard Double or King Room

There's some ants on the floor and my little one has an allergy I didn't saw it but during our last day i notice there's small bit under his eyes and up to now it was a little bit swollen.

I live the area. It was close to all the places that I want to go.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Standard Double or King Room

We feel the bathroom needs some updating even though everything else is comfortable enough to accommodate us.

It's such a nice touch to have the snack/beverages and wonderful breakfast every day!

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Hotel charged significantly more for the room than I was quoted by you, and which should have been the room rate. They told me that I needed to take this issue up with "booking.com" and would not give me an adjustment on my final billing.

Comfortable, clean,free wi-Fi, good location

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

The breakfast was not great. The first day the only fruit available was red delicious apples. The second day they at least had bananas. The boiled eggs in the cooler were way past their prime and sitting in water.

The room was clean and quiet.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Great breakfast, very clean, quiet! Great value!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

They don’t have enough extra blankets

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Need to have sausage links every morning

Everything was great good having a liquor store near by

Pool could've been bigger but it was nice.

The rooms are big and comfortable!! Staff is really friendly!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I heard highway noise all night & couldn’t sleep! Terrible soundproofing.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was great, ample free parking, and several shops around the location. The room was clean.

• Standard Double or King Room

Great breakfast variety. Ease of checkin. Location. Amount of towels. Good shower.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

We loved the breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel and the pool area.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

No change in the breakfast selection

No whirlpool

Clean rooms, comfortable beds.

• Standard Double or King Room

The Pool was really warm and the Chlorine was really strong. And there was no hot tub

I had everything I needed

• Standard Double or King Room

The pool was nice and warm

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn’t like the chipped wood on the bedroom doors

I liked the politeness of the staff

• Standard Double or King Room

There wasn’t anything that we didn’t like about the hotel.

The staff was amazing and were very helpful when it came to things around the hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

No restaurant for evening meal

Great breakfast, good location, and was quiet place for sleeping.

Frigid temps.

Everything was satisfactory. Thank you

No hot tub. Pool was small and pool area wasn’t kept clean

Pool water was warm.

Very easy to find. Close to a lot of attractions.

Employees are rude.

Service is terrible here. Front desk does not follow through with requests. Don't recommend.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Lack of motorcycle parking, cement not blacktop as kick stands may sink.

Very nice room layout. Great bed.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't particularly think the sausage was cooked enough. Gray and not appetizing. Other choices, though.

The bed was sooooo comfortable!

I would prefer speaking and booking directly with the Front Desk of the Hotel

• King Room with Sofa Bed

i have nothing bad to say

Execllent hotel. Very friendly staff awesome breakfast comfortable bed clean room will definitely stay again

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Pool was small, no hot tub

Lots of pillows, beds were comfortable, plenty of space. Nice showers

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Can't think of anything!

The desk person, Andrew, was very kind. Our driver to the Mall of America was also wonderful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The bathroom could have been a little better.

Bed was nice. Breakfast was also good.

• Standard Double or King Room

Soft beds, clean rooms, tons of breakfast choices. Quiet location.

Good location with complimentary shuttle service and breakfast

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Could not get on the wi-fi.

Could not get on the wi-fi.

Everything was fine

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Toilet was not flushing. Husband did maintenance. Shower head was only dribbling. Husband did maintenance.

The bed was great. Nice Hotel

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Comfortable bed, refrigerator and microwave in the room, seating area with sofa, desk with ample lighting.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Double or King Room

An excellent property, from the friendliness of the staff to the quality of the room. We stayed 4 nights and we're pleased the entire time.

Slow elevators

Beds are comfy

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

everything is great I would recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Can't think of anything

Breakfast was great! Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Comfortable bed and nice-sized room. Staff was friendly and efficient. Great price!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

noise,too close to elevators, pop machine. EVEN WHEN I REQUESTED TO BE AWAY FROM ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED WELL BEFORE OUR TRIP !!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

No hot tub. the bathroom was smaller than I expected .

The location was great

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

I like waffles. No oranges

Food almost gone by10:30-11 am Saturday and Sunday.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The bathroom is quite small (moving the toilet to get out of the way of the vanity and tub would be a big help).

Browse Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bloomington West traveller photo gallery