Reviews of Hotel La Flora 3 stars

1238 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#46 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Classic Queen Room

Slightly musty smell in the corridors. There was a big argument going on in an adjoining room which I had to ask to be quiet (4 in the morning) Staff on duty didn’t intervene but must have heard. Otherwise lovely!

Great location. Very helpful staff.

• Classic Queen Room

The rooms do not have noise isolation, so basically at 1am I wake up because the noisy people in the room close to mine. There are not USB connectors The first recepcionist said that he didn't speak spanish, like it was an ofense...after a lot of questions and requests he reply in spanish !?

Only the location

• Classic Queen Room

Happy hour daily, well both days we were there the bar was closed. Someone quit on Thursday and female bartender for Friday called out sick. As guest you receive two free drinks during happy hour. No pool at this location. No extra plugs in the room for charging electronics. All plugs were used by hotel fixtures. Had to unplug their furniture to charge our phones. No parking on site, had to park across the street and pay daily fees of $30, On top of hotel price.

Location was great. Decor was very nice. The staff allowed us to check in early.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was very clean, however the staff wasn't the friendliest. We needed more towels and wash clothes and we where told there was a shortage. In all my years of traveling I've never seen a hotel that was stingy with towels. Also, there was no pool an no laundry facilities. This hotel needs to give their staff more customer service training,but I will end on good note. This hotel was very clean, I watched the cleaning lady change all bedding and clean everything with bleach, the location is good and the rooms are very big.

• King Suite

Breakfast isn't at the hotel but at their sister hotel a few doors down - we were told it was an all you could eat buffet style - it's not. A bit pricey.

Great hotel - friendly staff. Loved the art deco feel of the hotel and the area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The computer system was down had check difficult and after our 4 day staff made the checking out more of a hassle with our credit card bills not being right...fustrating

I love the location to south beach. We also, love the hospitality of the staff. And the happy hour drinks was a plus.

• Classic Queen Room

room to small.....room very hot...noisy aircon ftom next building

disappointed with size of room...asked if air con could be turnt up but they refused and said its coz our aircon was connected to other rooms...the view was awful it was facing the side of the building next door //could constantly hear the what we believe to be there air con

• King Suite

The Cons of Hotel: 1. Check-in was slow / Confusion with valet parking, specifically no place to park for valet service, and given confusing instructions. 2. No restaurant on premises. 3. Patio area in front of building needs updating. 4. Tweak Room amenities. (Regular size ironing board, missing lotion and body wash gel from toiletry items, TV kept freezing up, and addition of microwave for suites.

The Pros of Hotel: 1. Location, Location, Location!! 2. Room (Suite) 3. Staff (Carlos) and Housekeeping (Lil’ Mama)

• Classic Queen Room

Parking was an issue and would have liked breakfast available in hotel. We could buy it next door but they didn’t serve till 7:30 and we needed to leave earlier. Also, could hear people upstairs and outside most of the night.

Manager was very helpful. I thought my purse was stolen and he helped find it, also offered good restaurant tips.

• Classic Queen Room

I guess you get what you pay for but the room keys had to be recoded every time you used them, shower tap was half falling off and the tv remote at first wasn't even there and then didnt work. Plus the walls and windows are so thin you can hear everything going on. Its old and run down. It definitely needs to be renovated.

The location was good.

• Classic Queen Room

The lack of view. Lack of temperature control in the room.

I liked the location. Also, the proximity to the parking garage. The Bartender mixed our complementary drinks perfectly.

• Classic Queen Room

The rooms were exceptionally clean. The facility even smelt clean as you walked in the door. The staff was friendly, helpful, courteous, and kind. It was close to the beach and to all the restaurants. We loved our stay.

• Classic Queen Room

Good location, nice staff, clean room. Close to public parking. Several minutes walking to South beach. We got beach towel from the hotel. Easy to visit erotic museum.

The noise

The cleaning staff woke us up early, they make a lot of noise and there is no sound deadening insulation. There is a parking lot adjacent to hotel in which people that party on South beach park, making all type of noise...

• Classic Queen Room

The shower curtains in bathroom of all things, were old and the shower curtain hooks were rusted. The bathtub had stains as well. Otherwise looked and smelled fresh and clean. Woke up in the morning to have a cup of fresh coffee in the sitting area outside, only to find 2 homeless men sleeping on the lounge chairs. And if you talked, they woke up like you didn't belong there. Staff didn't seem to mind, as when I mentioned it to the person standing at the desk, all she said was ok, and continued on with whatever she was doing. Awkward. The bed AND pillows were so hard, I ached all over. If you want to even take a quick nap, you'd probably be better off sleeping where the homeless were. The hotel offered 2 for 1 at happy hour; couldn't find much to be happy about though, with the only drinks they served were well drinks and cheap wine. I expected more from a south beach hotel. There were no coffee cups in the room and only 1 plastic cup in the bathroom. No where to get ice in the building. I guess I didn't ask, but I can only assume there wasn't any, as I didn't see an ice bucket in the room. The manager also indicated to us upon arrival, that there was some place within the facility that you could order food, but I never smelled any food, and no one mentioned it thereafter. As a matter of fact, i didn't see or hear anyone even talking about a restaurant. The rooms were small but comfortable I guess. The walls were apparently made of paper; heard neighbor moaning and screaming for about 10 mins and another person on the top floor I believe, banging on the floor for them to stop making all the noise. I guess after the party (side eye wink) was over, they fell asleep because I could hear snoring as well. One last thing, if you valet park with them expect to pay a hefty price ($30). But I guess that wasn't too bad considering the location.

The location of the property was nice; a block away from the strip. Staff was nice and helpful. There were some updates to the room, but a little more sprucing up would be nice. Room smelled fresh and clean. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room as well. I guess it was included, because I didn't see any additional charges on my bill.

• Classic Queen Room

Five times i have to come down for my room keys to the reception because electronically not working and the front desk staff had to do it again on the machine.

The room is just enough not spacious- carpet needs changing from he hallwat and inside the room. Maybe a brighter colour. I asked and borrowed cutleries from the bar staff and he said he ran out be ause some guest didn,t return it. He didn,t even find a way ro say , come back later or i will ring your room if i have it in a minute,’...

• Classic Queen Room

The entire staff was more than accommodating. They were all so helpful and on top of it. The WiFi signal was strong which was good since I was traveling for work. The location was a block away from the beach and everything! Definitely will be coming back.

• Classic Queen Room

Poor plumbing. The amount I paid to stay should have been for a much more modern property. Room was super small. No pool. Seemed like I was staying in a motel.

Not much.

• Classic Queen Room

The AC unit was a bit loud. But other than that, it was all great!

The staff were all super friendly, happy hour with David during the evening with two free drinks was always fun and the room was very clean.

• Classic Queen Room

Nothing to complain about.

The staff were kind and made sure I had everything I needed during my stay. The location was perfect. They had beach towels for me to use at the beach. The happy hour with the two free drinks was a great incentive and also having a delicious breakfast next door was great also.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Perfect location on South Beach ... love the walking distance to the beach,and restaurants between 11th and Collins Ave. the room we booked was huge with a seating area and 2queens bed.

• Classic Queen Room

It’s a bit difficult having worked in the hospitality industry as a line employee and having moved up in management.....really not trying to be too critical.....there are many areas for “room for improvements” over all.

Perfect location. Great service by David at the bar

• Classic Queen Room

There was a very strong cleaning type scent but with the window open it was okay

The location can’t be beat . The staff was super helpful . Things seemed pretty simple and clean .

• Classic Queen Room

If you are looking for a place with no good air conditioning system this is it ! It was almost imposible to sleep at night. The management controls the AC temperature and they keep it at 78 degrees in Miami FL weather ! Ridiculous!!!!!

• King Suite

It was a little noisy at night outside did too the great location, I just slept with earbuds in. My room faced Collins ave on the corner that heads toward south beach

I had a king suite... it was just as pictured, all staff was friendly and it smelled great in there... like Fabuloso cleaner.

• Classic Queen Room

This is the first time it was too warm in a room I've stayed in here. I thought during previous stays there was a thermostat in each room, but there was not one this time.

This is my fourth time staying at this property. It is always my first choice when staying in this area.

• Classic Queen Room

I wish the room was a little bigger.

Gabriel was so friendly and welcoming! He is the best receptionist i have ever met!! He also gave us lots of great recommendations on what to see in Miami!

• Classic Queen Room

Room was clean, comfortable and modern. Excellent location close to the beach, restaurants, bars, Lincoln Rd Mall, and Espanola way. Staff was excellent, special thanks to Carlos, Gabriel and Cindy, they all exceeded my expectations and made my stay in South Beach complete.

• Classic Queen Room

Free bottled water and beach towels any time of day. 2 free drinks every night. Great location. Attentive staff. As good of a non-resort that you’d find on South Beach.

• Classic Queen Room

On the last day I noticed blood stains on the sheets and pillow case. I was sooooo disgusted.

The bar tender David was absolutely amazing. Also they gave my fiancé a free bottle of champagne since we were there to celebrate his birthday. The location was in the middle of everything. This is prbly the only place I will stay at for now.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tv didnt work. Staff gave me instructions on how to fix it. It still didnt work. No one went up to my room. They simply said there was nothing they could do. No compensation or anything. After i checked out, someone then went to the room and told me the tv did work. Had someone went to the room to fix the t.v. there wouldnt have been an issue. Staff seemed very lazy. AND Cindy was very rude. Her customer service skills are poor. She obviously dislikes her job.

Size of rooms, location, cleanliness.

• Classic Queen Room

Bed too soft and not really confortable

It is really clean, perfectly located and the personnel is friendly. It has everything you can ask if you want to stay really close to the beach

• Classic Queen Room

Felt the lounge and bar area could have been more characterful. We went elsewhere in the evening after our complimentary cocktail.

We were so pleased to find a deco hotel within our (cheaper) budget which was so close to Ocean drive and the Deco district. Our room was modest but had everything we needed, including a super comfy bed. It was at the back overlooking the car park but we weren’t in it much and it was quiet. We loved returning at the end of the day to our friendly barman & complimentary gin cocktail and chilling on the veranda. Desk staff were helpful.

• Classic Queen Room

The water pressure in the shower was terrible. The night manager came up to check and although he was very nice he didn't know when he could have someone fix it.

The staff was great and my room was clean and very large.

• Classic Queen Room

The breakfast was not included.

The hotel location was perfect. Just one block away from the beach. Walking distance from Liconl RD Mall, and the shopping district was just 7 blocks away, you can easily find restaurants, supermarket, coffee shops and small bakerys all around the hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

- ATM in the lobby is seriously overcharging: $8 for the privilege of getting my own money out? - recommended breakfast next door is not really a good deal. $9 can get you a MUCH better breakfast elsewhere.

- of course the location. Unbeatable - service - professional and quick - clean and quiet rooms - very good and stable wifi

Dirty, smelly, over priced by 10X

Blown away that I paid $380 per night to stay at the worst hotel I have stayed at. I know it was Miami music conference so prices were jacked up but this place was terrrible.

• Classic Queen Room

The hotel doesn’t have parking . So you have to pay a meter in a lot or pay at a local garage.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location is near everything . The facility is very clean. Wonderful place to stay, no complaints will stay again !

• Classic Queen Room

How clean it was it was quite and the blinds were perfect to make it extremely dark. The parking is right next to the hotel. Everything was very clean and the restaurants are not far either.

I love the location, its not to far or close to the rest of hotel that we would go to pool parties for.

Basic hotel. Rooms can be bigger but Just enough size for a family of 3

Free beach umbrella. Very good location. Free drinks during happy hour. Free baby crib

• Classic Queen Room

I don’t know why this hotel has a 8 star rating? Must be the location and the staff. There was a weird chlorine type smell upon entering the hotel. Not sure what it could be because they don’t have a pool. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable with flat pillows. My back is killing me now. The bedskirt looked as if it was never washed. And after the second night, we noticed a huge stain on the underside of the comforter along with several small dark stains. Pretty disgusting that we slept under that the night before. It was changed to a comforter with fewer stains. No clean towels until after 9am. And they were hard and looked like cleaning rags. I had a chance to peek in a suite that appeared cleaner than the double bed room we had. Won’t be staying here again. This a pricey 1-2 star hotel with a 5 star staff.

The staff was really nice and accommodating. Friendly and professional. Great location, close to beach, shopping and tons of restaurants. Easy and affordable parking in the lot next door.

• Classic Queen Room

We were told that our room had been upgraded from a small room to a large suite at front of hotel. Unfortunately we didn’t realise how noisy the evening and night would be as it was spring holiday week and students and their cars paraded up and down the street with loud music and shouting - not a lot of sleep for us. I think we would have done better in the small room we booked at the back of the hotel.

Good location for South Beach and shops/restaurants Friendly staff Lovely walks along the beach

• Classic Queen Room

I loved the location and the front porch where we visited with another couple. The bar, the restaurant next door for breakfast, or dinner was quiet. The street scene outside was loud but interesting. I will return.

• Classic Queen Room

Friendly staff, Art Deco style with huge rooms, comfortable bed and great location at Miami Beach area. Good breakfast @ Italian Restaurant next door too. Happy Hour with 2 free drinks/person from 5 to 6pm was enjoyable. Plenty to see and do walking around the neighbourhood, day & night.

• Classic Queen Room

No vending machines for drinks

Excellent location on Collins. Small hotel but perfect for what we needed. Staff is very friendly, hotel is clean and welcoming.

• King Suite

No pool, but nice hotel over all. Personally did not like being in the midst of ALL the loud noise and craziness of South beach. This hotel is smack in the middle of Collins Ave and there is a lot going on at times of day AND NIGHT! If this is your thing you will love it.

Staff was super nice and our room was very large. plenty of room

• King Suite

They need an ice machine, but were always very happy to fill up our bucket.

Comfy bed, nice room, staff super friendly and helpful. One block walk to the beach!

• Classic Queen Room

The bedroom is very very small. It’s hard for 2 people who have a lot of luggage to be Comfortable unless you unpack absolutely everything into the drawers and hang stuff in the closet. The bathroom is styled so that the drain is in the center of the floor so when you shower the whole floor gets wet, not an issue if you brought your flip flop And dries ‘relatively’ quick. There unfortunately is no microwave. It would have been a plus if breakfast was included in our stay.

This hotel is the perfect location for anyone visiting Miami Beach. You can leave the hotel and you have the beach in a 2 minute walk, a Walgreens just a few steps away, and very close to the fun without it being too loud at night. They provided water everyday which was good. They had an iron with a mini ironing board which was great as well. They had a coffee pot but it didn’t have any filters. I didn’t end up asking since I went and had breakfast elsewhere everyday. You can sign out beach towels which saves you room in your luggage and your guaranteed a clean one everyday! Hotel staff is VERY friendly and will help accommodate you with anything that you need. It was money well spent in my eyes, we were in the heart of everything. TV works and has good channels- was good to have during rest hours. They have a bar inside the hotel which is good for those who want to pregame before going out and spending 20$ a drink. Shampoo, soap, clean wash cloth and towels are provided everyday. Refrigerator was a plus.

• King Suite

It would have been good to have cutlery in the kitchen part

The friendly staff. Everyone was so helpful and accommodating, and sincere. Thank you to the wonderful staff. Camilo especially :)

• Classic Queen Room

The bed was hard and pillows were not great. There was no hairdryer in the bathroom (I would have brought my own if I'd known).

The location was great. The staff was friendly, attentive, helpful and professional. I would recommend La Flora to family & friends.

• Classic Queen Room

Breakfast was advertised as included but we were told that this had been withdrawn. We asked for a refund but the amount offered certainly didn't cover the cost of breakfast elsewhere

Staff were nice and great location

• Classic Queen Room

Pillows were a little flat

Location was prime to restaurants, beach, and shopping! Lobby was adorable and the bar was nice to have access too some drinks without having to leave the hotel! Rooms were exceedingly bigger than the pictures posted so that was awesome to walk into! Bathrooms were also very nice and big! Staff was phenomenal! They were all very nice and helpful when it came to tips or things to do while on my spring break trip!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1. We booked accommodation for 5 people but there were beds only for 4 people i.e. two queen beds. In other hotels, there are usually two queen beds and a sofa of some sort so there's enough comfortable sleeping for all. Not at this hotel. 2. We booked for breakfast to be included but it was not. When we arrived, we were told we would need to pay for breakfast and could consider going to the restaurant next door! We specifically chose La Flora because breakfast was supposed to have been included in the cost. The manager did refund some of our money but it didn't cover the cost of our breakfast and we would have chosen to stay elsewhere had we known breakfast would be included. 3. On our second and last day at the hotel, not a single toilet seemed to work. In particular, on the ground floor, staff told us the toilets were out of order.

Staff were great and the room was exceptionally clean.

• Classic Queen Room

At my arrival the front desk gave me a hard time to check-in simply because my mom paid my stay and they took half of the money from her debit card and wanted me to pay the whole amount cash in order to have the room. Luckily, my friend helped me out to pay. Too much noise and the bed is not comfortable.

The location.

• Classic Queen Room

The building is old and there was a strong odor of bleach that smacks you in the face once you enter. You have to pay for parking but free from 2am -9am.

The location was great!!! One block from Ocean Ave.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from the street and parking lot below room 201 kept me and my children from sleeping. Staff said there is Quieter rooms in the back but not available. Had to wait for staff to unlock lobby door to leave to get coffee at 6:15 an. Waited 40 min for staff to ck me out and another 40 min for my car to get to front door using their valet parking. Bathroom had sand in the shower and just smelled dingy. Very disappointed

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only downside is that the area is noisy - not the hotel's fault as it's a vibrant place, but the hard surfaces of the decor reflect the noise a bit.

The hotel is very well situated in South Miami Beach - very convenient for everything including walking to restaurants, attractions and the beach. The staff are super friendly and helpful, there's a lovely happy hour each evening.

• Classic Queen Room

I really did my research...or at least I thought I did. I know in Miami not all is what it seems but usually trip advisor reviews are spot on but not for this property. The hotel itself is nice and the decor is cute but the beds, towels and pillows are questionable. The bed it too firm aka hard. I couldn’t get a good nights sleep during myHo stay. The towels were not cleaned or hygiene ready. I opened one towel and it had a black mark. Opened the other and a hair strand was there. Next day the same thing. 1 out of four towels were dirty. They also give you navy blue washcloths...what are you trying to hid, La Flora?? I informed the staff and showed them how dirty the towels were and just ended up buying new towels for our stay. Lysoled the bedding and one pillow had a brown spot. Truly not pleased. You can have the cutest decor and furniture but if you feel uncomfortable, it doesn’t matter.

The hotel decor was cute and art deco modern. It smelled clean. The room was a nice size. They had a hotel safe, kitchen sink and mini fridge..very helpful. Air Conditioner worked well.

• Classic Queen Room

La Flora doesn't serve breakfast and it would have been nice to get daily refill for fresh water.

Perfect location, nice staff, free daily happy hour drink, OK bathroom, valet service for parking.

• Classic Queen Room

my room floor didn't seem to get swat everyday

We were there for my boyfriends birthday and they gave him a Happy bday card and a bottle of champagne, We had no clue they knew. 24 hr customer service, Awesome staff. The hotel always smelled clean which i loved. They have happy hr everyday and you get 2 free drinks!!! best part lol.

• Classic Queen Room

It is too expensive for what it offers! We stayed recently at several hotels in Hawaii, less expensive and with by far better amenities/locations. Housekeepers always forgot to leave towels in our bathroom. Awful view to another building (practically 1 – 2 meters away from our window).

The front desk person, Miss Florence.

• Classic Queen Room

The washed up room incl terrible bathroom which was rusty and dirty The gross smell in the room and we couldn’t open the windows because they don’t stay open.we asked for a quiet room but was given one by the parking lot which got rowdy and loud st night. Barely any outlets to use - we unplugged the clock to plug in the chargers. The valet service needing 1.5 hours to return our car (and still paying the full price of 30 usd) Insanely expensive for what we paid for ONE night.

A welcome drink. Waking distance to lots of restaurants and other lively areas.

• Classic Queen Room

Parking our car was a concern before we arrived, but we spotted a multi storey car park right on the opposite corner. Expect to pay $20 per 24 hours.

All the staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The location was excellent, right in the Art Deco area, just a block away from the beach, lots of bars and restaurants. Expected a certain amount of noice from traffic as the hotel is on Collins Avenue, but surprisingly a lot less then expected. We had breakfast at the restaurant next door, which offers a deal for La Flora guests, on our last morning. Good value.

• Classic Queen Room

Valet parking was necessary an expensive but that is the norm in the area. Room was a bit sparse. $9 for breakfast.

Free drinks at happy hour. The staff was very rudndly and the location great.

• Classic Queen Room

Could not control temperature in room, very heavy comforter on bed, inadequate towel service.

Location, friendly staff, quiet, happy hour, people watching on front porch. Reasonably priced valet parking.

• Classic Queen Room

The bed was soft, and the room on the ground floor was next to a restaurant so there was some noise. However, my parents in the next room, and my fiancee, didn't hear it.

The location was excellent and in the heart of south Beach. The hotel was an art deco style hotel and quaint. The rooms were comfortable and fairly big. The facility was clean, and staff was friendly.

• Classic Queen Room

The staff was very attentive and friendly. When we called the front desk for anything, it was right there. An older property but most of the area has the same older charm. Was our first visit to Miami.

• Classic Queen Room

Cleaning ladies/maids allittle slow, getting room made-up with fresh towels.

My wife and I stayed at the La Flora Hotel 1238 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, Florida and the La Flora met our every expectation and more!! First, the location is outstanding. Right in the heart of miami beach, between ocean drive(a1a) and washington ave. Beach and lummus park is 1 1/2 block walk. Many shops and restaurants, including lincoln avenue are very near. We found the restaurants on washington ave. Alot more popularly priced vs. Restaurants on collins and ocean drive. We got a $139 rate on booking.com for our 1st night and then $159 our 2nd nite. Though the La Flora has been renovated, it has alot of the old miami beach hotel charm. Whenever renovation was done, it was major because you could see that central a/c installed along with fire sprinkler system. Original wood trim in lobby and rooms; terrazo floors in the lobby; a wonderful outside terrace a the front of hotel facing east, with plenty of shade in the afternoon. We don't need a swimming pool, so if you have children, take this into consideration. Our room 307 was mid-size, with laminate wood floor; lots of marble in the bathroom with tub/shower. Large 45 inch hdtv; microwave; fridge and window that overlooked the roof of restaurant next door. The room was super clean; king bed was firm but comfortable; wifi worked super well; hotel was quiet. Great hotel for couples!! Every staff person was extremely gracious, even the valet. Super professional. Will definitely stay here again, when we visit miami beach. La flora has a partnership with spiga italian restaurant next door, which offers a discounted breafast for $9(including coffee). It was good, and so convenient, and serves breakfast until 10:30am for late sleepers. Parking is a hassle in miami beach. We paid the $30 per day valet. There is public parking, but usually hourly with no in/out privileges. We actually never used our car, for the 2 1/2 days miami beach.

• Classic Queen Room

First time in Miami, alone, and this hotel was a great choice! The rooms are simple but cozy, the bed was very comfortable. The location is great, the beach is at 2 minutes by foot, lots of restaurants and bars in the area. Last but not least, the staff is really cool; if you go you'll be able to enjoy the happy-hour at the hotel bar with some awesome bartenders!

• Classic Queen Room

I seriously can't think of anything.

The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Kamillah at the front desk and Cat at the bar. Management is very thoughtful and everyone seems to work very well together to make you enjoy yourself.

• Classic Queen Room

Didn't try breakfast at the hotel so can't say anything about that. When we first got into our room there was a really strong scent of bleach, which was unpleasant but after that was really nice. A tad overpriced.

Was a very nice hotel, just a block away from the beach which was perfect for me and my group of friends! Happy hour was a plus! Complimentary drinks for a few hours in the evenings, and half off also.

• Classic Queen Room

Carlos at the hotel and Cat were AMAZING!! But one young gent was quite rude and seemed high when we checked in. The valet was hard to reach and we had to wait upwards Of a half an hour for the car to come so we could drive. However you can't beat the location, and it was super clean

• Classic Queen Room

There is a public parking lot right next door. I know its not hotel property and they can't help the yell at very odd/late hours, however, the city maintenance crew was trimming hedges or cutting grass before 7am. It would be nice if the hotel could work with the city to request that happen after 8am.

Great staff, happy hour, other guests. Room was large and clean. Service was timely.

• Classic Queen Room

Immediately upon entering the building, a very strong odor or Pine Sol assaults you and it stays with you the entire trip. They really must love this stuff in massive amounts, the smell was overwhelming and affected me negatively. The bar was understocked. There were no straws, many basic liquors, mixers, and garnishes were missing. The coffee in the room was about as bad as it gets, there was no coffee available in the lobby. I chose a double room but when booking, we were placed in a room with one bed. We were not able to get this changed, hotel staff instructed us to edit the booking online. There was a weird glass piece permanently installed in the shower, this made getting in and out of the shower very difficult. Our toilet was dirty. We asked for early check in at 2 pm but in reality our room was not ready until it was dark outside. This is when we learned how badly stocked the bar was. This is also why we didn't make them come back and clean the room right, we didn't have time to wait.

We really liked the location. The eggs benedict were pretty good.

• Classic Queen Room

Nothing everything was perfect.

Perfect location a block from the beach, bars and restaurants. The staff at LaFlora is outstanding. They were accommodating and were so friendly.

Browse Hotel La Flora traveller photo gallery