Reviews of La Playa Beach & Golf Resort, a Noble House Resort 4 stars

9891 Gulf Shore Drive, Naples, FL 34108, USA

#24 of 58 hotels in Naples

• Queen Room with Pool View

Sheets were rough and uncomfortable, the only part of the stay that wasn’t great.

The overall experience at the property. We loved the beach tower, we were not expecting the close proximity to to the water and it was a very welcomed surprise!

• King Room with Beach View

The price for bottles of water and the goods in the room was way too expensive. A medium sized bottle of Evian was charged at $6! Although the resort was located on a lovely beach, for 3 out of the 5 days I spent at La Playa you could not really go out on the beach and later the swimming pool area, due to the Red Tide. Apart from the thousands of fish dying, which did cause a nasty smell, you could not help but keep coughing and my eyes felt like someone had thrown acid in them. This was not mentioned at all by staff at check in, which I think was poor customer service. Lastly, I could not make head nor tail of my final bill which bore no resemblance to what I expected to pay. Fortunately armed with my booking.com confirmation information and the app, I managed to negotiate a credit of 150$, which unfortunately is now the subject of a registered dispute with my card company as the original amount has been taken by the Hotel. This unfortunately has soured my opinion of the trip.

Rooms were lovely and the bed, one of the best I have ever slept in. Lovely view of the beach from the balcony. The resort was very nicely set out and had a mixture of fitness classes. The staff were very friendly.

• King Room with Resort View

I asked for a beach front and was put across the street in a building .We had to cross the street to get to the pool or the beach very inconvenient yet the staff didn't seem to care what so ever .

• Queen Room with Pool View

Day we arrived Red Tide had reached the area and beaches were a mess with dead fish so we were not able to spend anytime at the beach. Pool accommodations were terrific

• Queen Room with Pool View

Overall value for price paid did not meet our expectations - here are reasons why (we paid $950 per night & expected a 4-star experience): - Booked for 5 family members - Only 2 queen beds provided and not any accommodations for the 5th person (all hotels we've booked in the past always had a fold-out couch to accommodate our 5th family member) - The room was outdated and not reflective of a high-end hotel room - The room even set at 66 degrees never cooled enough for comfort - None of outlets in the nightstand area worked - the plugs would just fall out of them; consequently there was a lack of outlets for our devices; at one point we accidentally unplugged out refrigerator to use the outlet and spoiled items that we kept there - The refrigerator was stuffed to the brim with over-priced incidentals - not leaving any space for personal perishables - There was no option for self parking - it was not convenient to access our car when we needed to leave premises & costly due to tipping upon every time we left and returned to the hotel - Tipping practices for food & drinks were shady -- did not realize until we came home that 20% gratuities were already included on the bill -- we ended up more than double tipping on most of our food & drink bills - Tipping in general is costly. I would suggest to guests to bring hundreds of dollars for tipping maids, wait staff, bellhop, chair/umbrella staff, valet for a week's stay (this does not include the resort fee & parking fee which adds to $61 a day) - Did not realize that this hotel also served as a "country club" arrangement for members. One of the biggest turn-offs was the attitude of some of the older members toward our family (we were one of the VERY few minorities and were met with surly looks and comments under breath. We've never experienced this before, so this was truly a unique negative experience

- The positives: The outdoor part of resort itself was beautifully maintained; the overall staff & servers were great

• King Room with Resort View

Cleanliness needed more attention. Too expensive. Not a total renovation of hotel, only parts of it. Too many people that belong to the "Club" so the pool and beach was overcrowded by Club Members verses the Hotel guests.

Staff was a "10" very friendly and nice.

• Premium Beachfront (Gulf Tower)

Room right across elevator was loud. No privacy in the bathrooms. Very loud. Window in the bathroom loud sliding door . Room was 800.00 per night in February. Absolutely not worth it.

Great location on the beach , nice pools too

• Premium Room (Beach House)

A non-stop fan in the bathroom and a generator or such above the bedroom meant almost no sleep for our 5 nights stay. Dreadful service at breakfast - 35 minutes to get a cup of coffee.

A beautiful bedroom overlooking the beach.

• King Room with Bay View

Service was largely great, but I didn't need the valets making decisions for me about my vehicle and packing - putting the top down ("It's warm out I thought you'd like it"), and packing up my golf clubs when I just asked for them to be laid in the back seat. I'm sure they meant well but I can manage my own vehicle and gear. The first time I took my car out, they opened the passenger door for me in expectation of a man appearing to drive. We looked at eachother like idiots for a moment. Sometimes women travel alone, people. We can even pay for ourselves in plush resorts! It was also a little uncomfortable walking across the front of the hotel from the Bay Tower in resort gear (swimwear and beach coverup) with people arriving and departing in cars, and lots of staff greeting you when you're semi-clad.

The resort is quite compact, but you don't feel claustrophobic or crowded as is true elsewhere. The room was truly exceptional. Service at the desk, beach and valet was very good. The beach is beautiful. Fellow guests seemed of good conduct, including well behaved children. The golf course is a punishing delight.

• King Room with Beach View

No microwave in room. Terrible shower (worse than a Motel 6). The toilet barely flushed. Dirty and smelly carpet. Television barely worked and door entry keypad barely worked. The resort also tried to shaft me $30 dollars a day for parking. I barked at the Reception Desk Manager and that was waived...but that is no way to start a vacation weekend and for a place that is relatively expensive. La Playa charges like a Hilton but is more like a Ramada Inn.

The view was good, of course.

• Queen Room with Pool View

Did not like at all It's not a 4 or 5 stars but it has the price of one. They charged me for everything including parking, towels, chairs for the beach Breakfast was not included Service was poor Hotel is old and does not offer any good facilities It's far away from the city center Big mistake going there

The beach

• Queen Room with Pool View

The hotel doesn't have some places to stay out of the beach or pool area.

The beach is amazing and the hotel pool area is very good too. The rooms are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Room with Bay View

The cost in your resturant. The chargable goodies in the fridge and on the desk.

The Beach view for starters. The staff was excellent too. Access to the ice machine was nice.

• King Room with Bay View

The staff was exceptional! Very friendly and accommodating. From the front desk to the valet to the bellmen, best hotel staff I've ever come across!

• King Room with Resort View

Very low lighting in the bath.

The view of the Gulf was stunning and the balcony was very wide. Enjoyed our stay. Dinner at Baylines was delicious. Beach service very good.Room was v. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Room with Bay View

it was supposed to be a birthday celebration...We were not able to receive a table reservation for the birthday evening dinner.....got overcharged for the rented cabana,the announced birthday surprise never arrived,every single package item for the cabana package had to be asked for like pulling teeth,rude and condescending waitress in restaurant balleen,overcharged cocktails At tiki bar,the ordered spa treatment could not happen as the guy with the attitude was too arrogant to look it up in his computer.........

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Premium Beachfront (Gulf Tower)

Valet may have (can't prove) dented a tire on our rental. Dent was discovered when we returned the rental car and my husband swears he did not do it.

Bed was awesome, food was very good and service was excellent. My massage at the spa was perfect and the view in my Gulf Tower room was superb.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• King Room with Pool View

Our stay was very short and I did not have anything that I can wish for better.

I loved the spa and the beach was the best part of our stay. The desk clerks were very nice and helpful. The restaurant was great food with a beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Premium Room (Beach House)

Dreadful rooms in the beach house. For "refurbished" read been given a lick of paint by an average quality decorator. Noisiest air conditioning and extractor fan that I have ever experienced. That applied to the first room we were given, which was a superior room and also to the replacement we were given after complaining about the first. In fact, the second room was even worse, the extractor fan ran 24 hours a day whether the light was on or off and the bathroom door could only be kept shut by tying it to the room door . Cut my stay in a hotel short for the first time in my life, checked out and finished our break in a hotel just down the road.

More "on the beach" than any other hotel in this area. Tikki bar very lovely place for an evening drink.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Room with Bay View

Our room was in a building across from the main one, with nobody on the door. Valet parking was compulsory and quite expensive.

Great position on beach. Comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room with Beach View

The food at Baleen was not worth the money! My wife and I own a food wholesale company in the Tampa, St. Pete area! We are foodies! They need a better menu at those prices!

The staff in the whole facility was great! Very nice and personable!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Premium Queen Beachfront (Beach House)

expensive and time consuming valet parking, especially taking into account that the parking lot is just in front of the hotel

very nice room at 1st level with a patio and direct access to the nice vanderbuilt beach

• King Room with Beach View

Unfortunately we found the Baleen restaurant very overrated and expensive. We discovered a lot of much better and less expensive restaurants downtown Naples. Baleen writes on its home paige that Open Table has chosen them as the best outdoor dining restaurant in America! Well, the location is great, but I would not rate it great, rather alright and expensive.

Fantastic beachside location, very comfortable stay and good service.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• King Room with Bay View

Tired decor in the Gulf Tower. Noisy building work going on. No information was supplied in the room about golf, spa, gym, etc. One day, our room was not cleaned. We booked a Bay View room assuming that meant with sea view, and only discovered on arrival that this is in an annex across the road facing east towards a marina. We paid extra (50$/night) to upgrade to a room with sea/sunset view in the main building.

Sunset views and lovely beach.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Premium Room (Beach House)

Our dinner at Baleen was really disappointing. The prime rib was cold and very thinly slice d and it came with a small piece of a yorkshire pudding rather than the whole roll.

The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Room with Bay View

It's highly overprice, all this area is, the location is nice but is not such an advantage, you need to take the car wherever you want to go anywhere, the beach there is ok but not to expend the whole day, the golf course is 4 miles away so you anyway need to take the car, actually there are other courses even closer. Also, from the already high price of the room, and the also high price of the resort fee and parking, you need to pay for absolutely everything. You don't get any complementary water or snacks in the room, and the available ones are overpriced. I would also expect the service in the "private" beach to be better for such a priced hotel.

The room is big, clean and nicely decorated. The valet service works really well.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• King Room with Resort View

Didn't know of the construction ongoing. Hard to relax on the wonderful beach with numerous air hammers pounding away.

Staff was absolutely wonderful!

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• King Room with Bay View

the parking fee was to high, and little choice of food for your children

everything, the location, the beach, the hotel is very confortablem the staff vrey friendly

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Room with Beach View

We got a good deal on the room because it was low season but everything else was expensive, lots of extra charges (resort fee, parking) and though the food is good it is often ridiculously expensive, a small smoothie is $9

Stunning location, beautiful rooms and spaces, amazing views, good food, great pools, kid friendly, relaxed atmosphere, charming place, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• King Room with Resort View

Getting to the beach early to reserve chairs and umbrellas was a bit of a hassle. Reserving them ahead of time didn't always get you the best location either.

The hut near the pools was a great place for drinks and snacks. Nice room but I did notice stains on the curtains when I closed them.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Room with Beach View

1. Expensive... 2. Breakfast buffet only on the weekend...

1. Fabulous location right on the lovely Vanderbilt beach 2. Awesome restaurant (Baleen) 3. Nice swimming pools 4. Nicely appointed room

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Room with Beach View

Very pricey compared to some other resorts Could do a better job having more activities/entertainment in the evening poolside and the bartenders at the tiki bar could be more attentive

Clean, great friendly staff. Very nice menu at restaurant. Highly recommended the smoked salmon eggs Benedict on the breakfast menu. Great location on the beach and great service by our beach server Cory.

The property is too old. Except the Lobby

The dirty bathroom

The view

Food at Baleen was ordinary

• Premium Room (Beach House)

Pool and beach were fantastic.

Place needs an update overall. Rooms are outdated. It needs to be cleaner.

Food and service were excellent.

• King Room with Bay View

Elevator was dingy...hallways were not bright enough

Beautiful beach

• King Room with Bay View

Rooms under construction, front desk staff horrible attitudes, loud noises and staff didn’t care, 3:00 in morning

• King Room with Resort View

Exceptional service!! Staff was friendly and accommodating

Parking very expensive

Attention to detail,friendly staff

• King Room with Beach View

Renovations going on everywhere dusty and run down

Nothing building site

• Premium Queen Beachfront (Beach House)

Very spacious room, comfortable bed and fluffy pillows!!!!

• Queen Room with Pool View

Everything, about this hotel is great!!!!

• King Room with Resort View

Prices for food were a little bit high.

• King Room with Bay View

Very comfy beds, and the food is really good!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• King Room with Bay View

Cosmo, our waiter at Baleen,was outstanding, as was the food at two dinners.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Need of renovation.

Tired.

• King Room with Beach View

The friendliness of all the staff

• King Room with Beach View

Pillows were terrible ! Shower door leaked, poor design ! Complained once fixed. Lasted one day!

Staff was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room with Beach View

It's looking tired and needs to be refreshed.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Had to pay for wi fi etc @ $30 a day, felt the rooms we're expensive enough

The rooms are very comfortable the view spectacular, great hotel

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The noise

Everithingmuy bueno. Vayan!!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Room with Beach View

A small billing error took three days to resolve satisfactorily. The

The ambience and the courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

hotel is tired

location staff great

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Premium Beachfront (Gulf Tower)

Housekeeping could have been a little better

Beautiful hotel, amazing food & wine list, gorgeous beach with waiter service, amazing sunsets!

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Queen Room with Pool View

The location right on the beach is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The bathroom sink had a small leak, which wasn't a big deal. We were in a building across the street from the beach and pool. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to be in the main building.

The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The service made the place great.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

No complaints.

The room was spacious and charming with a marble bathroom and large terrace. The staff was extremely professional and accommodating. Love the lobby and front porch with chairs, plus the beach front setting. Baleens, the on site restaurant is the best place to catch the sunset and great food and drinks! Love this place!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

It was a very busy week. Our main complaint is, we tried to get food service on the beach 3 times and waited over an hour each time and eventually gave up. Also, I stood in line 10-20 min's each day for chairs on the beach. The guys were working hard, but people were complaining.

The staff was very courteous.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

the bathroom was very small and the equipment old fashioned the food was poor compared to their sister hotel in key west

the view over the golf is amazing the room was very good except the bathroom

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

The room was nice but was v expensive and not in the main building. The water was not hot enough for a bath & kept coming cold in the shower. The heavy steel shampoo/soap holder was glued on the wall & fell off whilst I was having a shower - didn't even get an apology or call from the manager. There is noThing within walking distance of the hotel so you have to drive if you don't want to eat there. Poor attitude from desk staff. Generally disappointing.

The room was nice but wasn't in the main building but across the road. The beach was lovely.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

The hotel also host a club with membership, but it's really bad that we as paying guests are "shushed" away from the members entrance as we're "not members". Not good.

Friendly staff that delivered on our every request and wish with a big smile. The location with a room facing the ocean and the beach within barefot distance is unmatched in Naples. Love it and will be coming back with the entire family as soon as we can.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2016

Get a cleaning staff elevator and higher kitchen vent stacks. Cleaning staff don't have their own elevators to move through the building. So every day when you are going to breakfast, lunch or just leaving for the day you have to wait and wait for the elevator as maids and their carts move through the building. It's really ridiculous. It's really more like a motel. The other thing is the kitchen vents are on the roof of the 3rd floor (and the hotel rooms are on floors 3-14) and every morning you wake up or are woken up to the smell of breakfast smells pouring into your room at 6am as the kitchen starts going. It's not good. It just pours into your room. Kept us from sleeping in on our vacation. Very disappointing. I'd look for another hotel the next time. Definitely doesn't deserve the rating or the price point they charge.

Location is amazing and staff were excellent. Well trained.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Very Very pricey. Food menu was a bit too eclectic not enough reasonable choices. Breakfast buffet was lacking.

Close the to the Beach/Ocean. Staff was very accommadating.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

A bit (but not much) expensive food/snacks/drinks at the poolside

Relaxed and calm (no party) hotel with friendly staff. Situated right on a very good beach. Extremely good outdoor area (with open fire) for dinner.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

a couple of minor issues for repair

The staff from the valet to room service were exceptional, beach service was a nice touch and everyone went out of their way to be friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Husband didn't like the extra resort fee and $25 per day mandatory parking fee. Also food prices were overpriced including $4.25 for a regular coffee and $5 for a bagel.

Room was lovely especially linens and bed. Whole facility is always immaculate. Addition of koi pond is beautiful and outdoor waterfall also lovely and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The buildings and room are now tired. The entire property with the exception of the gym rneeds an overhaul. The public areas are old and could do with a lick of paint !

The staff ! The vast majority of the staff were excellent and very focused on helping where they could.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Can feel a little dated in places , shower pressure not up to standard .

Great beach , staff , well run , good inhouse restaurant , room sound system , spacious rooms , nice linen

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

That the room I had reserved didn't come with a bath tub like it said on the reservation. The hotel didn't have any souvenirs that I could buy and say that I was there, or to bring to my family and friends.

I liked the staff, they were very attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The staff is marvelous and the area is so beautiful. Enjoyed the beach and the wonderful service on it during the day, went for cocktails in the lounge and or dinner or had room service. Everything was just as good as it could be and the views are gorgeous. You never feel crowded or rushed and you feel totally pampered. Area around the hotel is also so clean and beautiful. Many other restaurants and shopping if you care to venture out. But hotel is so relaxing that it is hard to leave. Just a beautiful beach and facility. Tremendous Staff! Stayed in the Beach House. Loved to sit out and watch the waves.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

To many little signal lights in the room, we couldn't sleep. From alarm clock to little tiny colorful light's on the wall, behind desk, light in the bathroom, noise coming from sprinkler system. Tip of the iron was broken and I damaged my silk blouse.

We love the view, food, and service(but not the one by the pool, we were sitting for 25 minutes nobody came to our table)

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

The very loud humming noise in the room despite the air conditioning being switched off. Poor service in the evening for dinner. Long waiting to get a table despite reservation. Little choice for breakfast at the buffet. The price.

Beach, the restaurant on the beach, the sunsets.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The bed was very comfortable!! (

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.