2. USA hotel reviews
  3. New Mexico hotel reviews
  4. Gallup hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup

Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

3880 East Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301, United States of America

#5 of 28 hotels in Gallup

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

I wish all hotel are as pleasant as this La Quinta in Gullup NM

minor things: the elevator was kind of slow; there was way to much plastic in use - both in the bathroom and particularly for breakfast

Almost everything was beyond our expectations: bed was comfortable; room appropriately furnished; bathroom clean; the hotel ist extremely dog-friendy, even some dog cookies in the lobby!

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Would stay here again when traveling through Gallup.

We had no issues.

The breakfast was very good. Really enjoyed all of the options. Rooms nice, clean and comfortable. B-b-q restaurant next door and since it had just snowed, we didn't have to drive anywhere for dinner!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

A great place to stay and relax with the family after a long day of driving...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I love staying at this La Quinta location... the property is fairly new and the rooms are really clean. This is my third stay with the family and we love stopping here before making it home to CA. A great place to get rest from a long day on the road to recharge... the hot breakfast in the morning is an awesome way to start the day...

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Clean and modern.

Not many dining options nearby.

Clean and modern. Had a fenced, lighted area for pets, which was great. Very polite staff even though they were swamped due to a sudden snowstorm.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Stressful because of booking errors.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I booked with booking.com I was told I would not be charged till I arrived. They pre-charged me causing my account to go into overdraft on a card I did not plan on using for the room, and I feel I was overcharged for the quaily of the accommodation. Then there's a weird burning chemical smell in the room. Also the beds are hard and sheets are rough and thin just like the walls.

It is pet friendly and there’s breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Wonderful breakfast, location, and beds!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Loved the bed, dog area, delish breakfast!! Fluffy eggs, light hash browns, sausage yummy, enjoyed the biscuits and gravy (spouse) and coffee! We loved this place!!!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Very nice place to stay.

The lady in the breakfast bar was very grumpy. When asked by us or others where certain things were located, she grunted and pointed! A real grouch.

Very nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

We are La Quinta fans!

Quiet & very clean. Excellent location, we could walk next door to Denny's for dinner, then turn in for the night. Staff was friendly & helpful. Our dog loved the dog treats too!

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

The location was perfect and our stay was comfy.

I discovered earlier in the day that my reservation was for two people instead of 2 adults and two children. They were able to switch a room for us but it was not ideal.

The location was perfect - we had a 26’ moving truck which was easily accommodated. The ease of check in was perfect. The room was clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Pleasant
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The property is across the street from a fairly used railroad track.

The hotel is fairly new and modern. The property was nice and clean. The breakfast offered had biscuits and gravy which is one of my favorite breakfast. If it isn’t yours they have several other choices. Over all it is a very nice stop on our trip.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Sounded like we were in a kennel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were so many dogs barking on our floor it was tough to sleep. We felt like we were in a kennel. They do have hotels for dogs...they are called kennels. We will not be staying at a La Quinta again until they correct their animal policy.

Clean.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Clean, nice staff, convenient location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

It was very noisy and there were kids playing in the weight room that was right next to our room. Also, kids above us running I swear all night long. When I called to try and ask the desk to say something, nobody would answer at the desk. Tried 3 times. Everything was great. Wish I could have actually slept! Pool was cold.

Clean, nice staff, convenient location.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Overall I liked the place but things could be better.

I am disabled and asked for a handicap accessible room. The front desk clerk informed me that they only had one handicap room and it was already taken. This hotel was good size and 3 floors so I was a little shocked to find only one handicap room. My room was also set up poorly. I had a difficult time maneuvering my walker in and out of the bathroom and the refrigerator and microwave were enclosed in a small wardrobe at the far side of the room near the window and farthest away from the only water source in the bathroom, and no counter space next to the fridge. Not bad but very inconvenient.

Was close to the highway. Had a small dog park. Was well lit. Staff was extremely nice and worked quickly to solve my problem with keys not working.. Breakfast was hot and tasty and the attendant was right on top of keeping it clean and replenishing items. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Such a good place !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Such a good place ! The hotel is modern, clean and very confortable It is beautiful, great decoration. Pool and jacuzzi are clean, good places and accessible for handicapped people Breakfast is very good : eggs, waffle, yogurt, fruits, bread, Nutella, fruit juice

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Short and sweet, very nice hotel!

I wish breakfast would go past 9 AM - should go to 10 AM. Receptionist could smile more, you really need someone on the front desk greeting people who has a little more warmth.

Breakfast was excellent -eggs were extra fluffy and tasty, and the waffles were really good! I wish breakfast would go past 9 AM however – should go to 10 AM.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Very nice remodeled motel at a great price.

Other than the coffee and internet sign-up process the only issue with the motel is that it is pretty close to the railroad tracks. It wasn't horribly noisy but it might be a place where you want to use earplugs.

This motel was remodeled three years ago. Everything was clean and working correctly in our room. Only issue was how they do their internet. You have to log in the next morning which I found inconvenient. One thing I really liked was their brightly lit hallways. Light fixtures were also very attractive. Breakfast was adequate. Coffee was mediocre at best just like it is in most motels these days. But there is a great little coffee shop downtown on old Route 66 (Gallup Coffee Company). We got a great price through Bookings.com - $90 tax included.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Moving girlfriend from AZ to CO, La Quinta was a good choice for our overnight enroute.

Temperture controls in room...either too cold or too warm, hard to set.

Room was comfortable, although a bit chilly. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly and professional. Wasn't first time at La Quinta.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

The best place to stay at, for the price you pay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We never stayed at La Quinta inn sweet before, but we are now. The dog park is also nice my sister really appreciate it for her dogs

The hot breakfast is awesome. We really enjoyed our stay, the employees are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

It was a pleasant experience.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like that the railroad tracks were right across the street.

It was a pleasant experience. I liked that Denny's was next door. Our room was very nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Welcoming and relaxing atmosphere, helpful staff, beautiful...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Welcoming and relaxing atmosphere, helpful staff, beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, rooms equipped with mini refrigerator and microwave. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Indoor pool/jacuzzi.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Noisy. Could hear dogs barking in hall, people talking & construction. Had room next to gym, could hear work out machines, when in use. Although noisy, I would stay there again. But noise doesn’t really bother me.

Indoor pool/jacuzzi. Beautiful newer facility! Wonderful bed & very clean!

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Pool not open had kids need pool stayed at Holiday Inn...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool not open had kids need pool stayed at Holiday Inn behind your hotel couldn’t get satisfaction from clerk on duty I am having trouble getting my card refunded my charge

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Everything was great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Everything was great. The staff helped me immediately, processed our room quickly and arranged better accommodations for our disabled child. Breakfast bar was very good, wished I had more time to fully enjoy it. My thanks to the management and staff of the Gallup La Quinta!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Clean comfy room. Good nights rest on road trip.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Shady looking people asking for money as we walked to dinner and convenience store. Don’t mind helping people who are down on their luck.

Convenient location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Best stay in a long time. Highly recommend for pet owners

View from room could only see the roof of the pool area

Very nice hotel ... Clean,quiet ... and they cater to pet owners ... Nicest place we have stayed in years.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

A very pet friendly hotel which comes with a pet play area.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There is always one idiot guest who violates the signed agreement to not leave their pet unattended, leading to 45 minutes of constant barking. Or in my case, taking it outside off-leash, where it immediately went after my pet. The idiot guest is lucky his pet is still, especially after his comment of “oh he never does that“.

A very pet friendly hotel which comes with a pet play area. Located at the end of the exit ramp, with several options for dinner and refueling. The breakfast area can be busy at peak times, and I think every guest has a pet, which makes sense because this location does not charge a pet fee.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Good and clean, but noisy location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that pets are allowed, I would expect hotel management to explain how pet owners are to behave during their stay. Well apparently not, as barking dogs from several rooms and the corridors was very disturbing during both evening and night. As the doors also being thin as paper, sleeping is not really the best to do at this location.

Staff very friendly. Hotel very clean. Facilities available very good

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Modern place to stay on the edge of Gallup

Uses plastic/polystyrene cutlery and crockery at breakfast. Only blueberry batter for waffles - no plain available.

Well maintained, clean and modern.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

I loved this place.

Might put dog bags and trash at each end of hotel. Not every one used dog park.

The dog park was great. White fence around it and felt so safe. The breakfast was awesome. Sausage, eggs, gravy, biscuits, waffles, fruit cereal and more.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Love everything about it

Nothing, I’ll be back

Front desk, rooms, breakfast.... all we excellent, was traveling through from Dallas heading to Portland, Oregon, being treated and given excellent customer service starts my trip out great

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Great place to stay, especially for the money!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing bad about this hotel .

Hotel is almost new so everything was in great shape. Breakfast was the ususl fare but was good and well presented. Staff was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

The king rooms with fold out couches were very clean and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There were a Lot of guests with dogs. Had three barkers in the rooms around us which made for a sleepless night. Be very careful in the pool room as the floor is especially slippery, even if you’re just walking slowly. Two of our group slipped and fell.

The king rooms with fold out couches were very clean and comfortable. The hot tub and sauna were a nice way to end a long drive. The pet treats in the lobby were a sweet touch. The ability to get extra room keys was nice.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

It was a great place to stay, good food and friendly staff.

I waited a 1/2 hr for the bus to take me to the casino. The staff called several times to ask the the bus driver her location and eta.

When I first entered the lobby there was water with slices of green apples in it and I was greeted with a friendly face.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Very clean room and bathroom was spotless.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wi-Fi didn't work at all. Kept failing was very weak. Cleaner housekeeping uses was very Strong smelling.

Very clean room and bathroom was spotless. Bed was very comfortable. We liked the breakfast too.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

A convenient place to drop on your way
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

- Assigned room on high floor had not been done & was a mess. Staff at front desk was professional & upgraded us to a nice suite...but on first floor. A hurd of elephants dancing in the room above at 4AM kept us awake for a good time. Precisely the reason why I ask for top floors upon booking. - 2.4 GHz WiFi totally saturated, IPad could not connect for the whole stay. 5GHz WiFi working fast and steady on my other devices.

-nice comfy suite -convenient location -10% complimentary coupon for Denny's closeby

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

A great place away from home.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I really can't say much other than the jets in the hot tub weren't working.

My stay was very comfortable and relaxing. It was also very clean and the staff was fantastic.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

GREAT STAY--A 5!!

No problems--maybe the hairdryer that didn't work & jets in HOT tub need repair--tub VERY HOT & pool cold, but the enclosure appealing!

We liked everything! Would stay again! Room was great, breakfast excellent--"dog friendly" ok with us, though we don't have a dog--contract seems effective😄 FRIENDLY staff--very important!

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

6.0
    Not good!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

People in next room made noise all night until 5am, talking and slamming doors. Didn't get any sleep. We stopped early thinking we could watch certain programs but not many channels. Also the TV was so low on the dresser that it was hard to see. Barking dogs! We will not stay at another LaQuinta.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Nice Day to be at La Q
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I needed a fan to be turned on but i dont know what else could be done or said.

The location and staff. Everything was great, the bed was comfy and the poil and tub awesome.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Didn’t know that the motel allowed pets
    • King Room - Disability Access

Didn’t know that the motel allowed pets Woke to the sounds of dogs in the hall, in rooms and going on and out of the exits. Made me think I slept in a kennel and as I had been on the road for 16 hours the day before was not at all appreciated

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Exceptional accommodations

More signage needed to remind guests to keep voices and dog barks to a minimum when in the halls. Nice reminder signs in the exercise room to be courteous to other guests and not drop or bang the weights on the floor. The same type of signs would be good near the elevators to remind people to keep their voices low and their dogs quiet.

Clean room, good breakfast in a spacious area, nice decor, friendly staff, convenient location, small workout room, party/meeting facilities.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

It's okay

The walls and floors were paper thin. We could hear EVERYTHING. Not to mention we were right next to the elevator where other guests were pretty loud and inconsiderate at quiet hours. As for our room, it wasn't the cleanest we've experienced and the location (which is out of their control) is pretty desolate. Minus the other hotels in the area, the Shell gas station, and the Denny's, there really isn't anything else here. Breakfast was okay, but there could've been more variety.

The staff was friendly and the facilities were relatively clean. There's a Denny's within walking distance (like 100ft) from the hotel so a decent, quick meal is within reach. For a place in nearly the middle of nowhere, the value is pretty good.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Home away from home!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is wonderful to stay in a nice clean well-kept friendly motel that allows pets everyone’s walking around with their dogs talking so friendly...all good!!! Such a beautiful place La Quinta will be my motel of choice from now on!! Thank you!!!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

The hotel exceed our expectations and great staff! Please extend our thanks especially to Jen.

Everything was fabulous

The dog yard on the property was great Even though we weren't traveling with our pets it was a genius idea and the jars of cat and dog treats were a cute touch and we saw a lot of people taking advantage of the offering. Tthe staff was fantastic recommended a great out of the way place to eat. Overall the place exceptionally clean

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

It made me feel like dancing, so I danced the night away!! lol

n/a

Everything was great, from the stylish room, the breakfast, the dog park in back and no up charge for my 97lb Labradoodle! Very nice people, the staff and other guests. Awesome place!

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Comfortable Stay. Off the interstate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was a little spooked...going to my car a man walked up to me and asked for a ride. Maybe a little more security on the property or have it gated.

The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Very comfortable and pet friendly!

A room available on the 1st floor, entire 1st floor was being worked on.

Room is spacious, like the French doors in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Very quiet 😄

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

It was nice but out of the town. Only 1 place to eat nearby and that was a Denny's.

Our room was just outside the elevator. Noisy people coming and going. Room too close. Could hear everything in the hallway, especially the family that arrived about 2am.

Breakfast was great. More than just a continental breakfast. Room was nice.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

It was ok. The beds were full size & not queens. We had 3 adults & 2 older children.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

We were approached by beggars twice on this visit. One was drunk & approached us out of the dark when we pulled up to park right after checking in. Kind of scary when you have family & children. The next guy was the next morning as we all loaded up to leave. Another one asking for money.

It was clean

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Clean, dog friendly, nice people, fairly quiet
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I arrived around 5pm and took my dog around the building to go to the bathroom. I was very surprised to happen upon a (presumed) homeless man sleeping on the ground immediately next to the building. I understand that happens, but I did not expect to find someone so so close to the hotel doors and cars. However, we did not wake him so it's not like I felt as though I was in danger...

Clean, dog friendly, nice people, fairly quiet

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Allow cat (many hotels are dog-friendly but not cat) and no...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Allow cat (many hotels are dog-friendly but not cat) and no pet fee. Breakfast is nice. Super clean and comfortable. I did not feel unsafe as someone mentioned. Lots of people live there. I did not hear dog barking during the night. We lived at the side near railway but it is not very loud as someone mentioned.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Serenity
    • King Room - Disability Access

A smell from the bathroom basin drain was putrid. The drain pipes were discolored indicating this had been going on for some time. I reported this and there was no offer of compensation.

Serenity

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Nice yes; quiet, no
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Across from trains so not quiet. HVAC system noisy and impossible to control. Insulation between rooms not good; even heard quiet neighbors yet alone happy dogs.

Excellent room layout; very comfy beds and seating area. Good for pets.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

The have an assortment of pillows from hard and large, to...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The have an assortment of pillows from hard and large, to fluffly that go flat. I like the flat kind so I am very happy that I don't have to slep along my own pillow.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Excellent lodging experience.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I can't think of any improvements. It was a great value.

This hotel is close to the highway, so convenience is grest. The room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered many selections, something for everyone. The hot food was hot...not always the case. We were just passing through and staying just one night, I wish all our accommodations could be this good.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Very pet friendly

????

Mattress very nice. Loved the fenced pet yard. Have never seen that before.you can be sure when I come this way again I will be staying there for this specific feason.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

Terrible Hotel for Price

It was suppose to be 2 1/2 star hotel. It was not especially for the price. I previously stayed at a run down hotel, tried to upgrade so picked La Quinta, it wasn't much of an upgrade.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

We liked that the staff were very friendly and the room very...

The shower could of been alot hotter we took a fast shower because we thought it would get cold, but other than that we loved are stay.

We liked that the staff were very friendly and the room very cleaned.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

We always stop in Gallup on our way west , to eat at jerrys cafe

Needs more regular coffee in room

Very clean and location was perfect

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Layout of room not very proficient.

Too noisy.

Layout of room not very proficient.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Had a good nights sleep. Enjoyed breakfast.

Nice spacious room . Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Very relaxing

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Good value

Clean Up to date Great facilities Friendly

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

The rooms was very clean alot of space and updated

The ice machine made to much noise

The rooms was very clean alot of space and updated

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

No restaurants nerve by. Denny's is awful

Friendly staff,clean, ease of access

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

It was located in a nice area and staff was nice.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't have a problem but my sister had an issue with the dogs all over the place.

It was located in a nice area and staff was nice.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

good
    • King Room - Disability Access

People talking in the hallway when we were trying to sleep

Wonderful breakfast

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Everything.

Everything. It was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Comfortable
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Very friendly courteous staff. Our stay was very nice. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Our stay was very pleasant; sorry it was only for one night

Nothing I didn’t like.

Loved the nice sitting area with sofa & chair. Bed very comfortable!

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Was very nice and relaxing

Ok like it is.

Even thing was great.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

great place with a pet

bed not too good

very clean, good a/c, bed ok but not great, and VERY dog friendly

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018