Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Carlsbad - Legoland Area 2 stars

760 Macadamia Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011, USA

#25 of 36 hotels in Carlsbad

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Read your "Great Deal" closely!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Why was I charged two different rates for each night? If you offer a 2 day deal, it should be for 2 days! False advertisement!

Central location, staff was nice, near restaurants & outlets.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

no comment I've said enough
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was about 30 ft from the freeway so I would not be able to open window and enjoy fresh air. The bed looked like a couple of grizzlies slept there before our stay, the couch in the room when you sat it sunk to floor, I tried to call front desk and room phone didn't work I went to front desk with my issues and they couldn't help so I went else where

Quaint little beach getaway.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The bunk beds had a 100lb limit. Which of course we had no one under that weight. We were all well over and had to use beds with caution. There’s no warning of this anywhere until you stay. It’s posted on the side of the bunk.

The breakfast had bacon and sausage on alternating days. Eggs, cereal, oatmeal, bagel, toast, fruits, yougurts daily. If you have a food allergy there’s something for everyone.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The location was great.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The location was great. The entire staff was amazing! From the front desk to the housekeeping they were all wonderful. The continental breakfast was better than most and included a decent variety. The facility was clean overall. Some things could use a minor upgrade but nothing that interfered with the overall experience. Resterants and grocery store within walking distance. The family room was great for our family and allowed the adults to relax in their own space. Big plus was that it's pet friendly with no hidden fees!!!! We will return again!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Everything else ok except for the t.v cable problem
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had no cable tv working in the room. Made it difficult sitting around doing nothing. My wife and I both felt there should be some kind of refund for this part of our stay.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Close to LEGO land and the beach, room was clean.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The carpet was filthy, have to wear slippers while inside.

Close to LEGO land and the beach, room was clean. The family suite was really nice 2 adjacent rooms and separate bathrooms. Breakfast was good with plenty of food. Pool was small if there is a lot of people, otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

It was very pleasant and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The heated light in the bathroom made the bathroom hot and a little uncomfortable.

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good & the location was great! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved having a fridge and microwave in the room.

I don't think we will be returning
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Reserved king bed but the bed was definitely a queen. The rooms where humid. Mold stains in the bathroom. The room hadn't been dusted, dust everywhere. The carpet was filthy. We arrived to breakfast just before closing, the employee at the front desk said it was ok to grab what was left. The employee in the back who was cleaning up, however, scolded us for going in even after we informed her the employee at the desk said it was ok.

It as okay will go again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff and by staff I mean the one girl who checked me in ...I know my check in was at 3 but I got into town more early than expected I went in to see if I could get a room earlier and sadly not ...usllay where ever I go and that happens they get me in quick but not her ...she didnt bother to look and just told me to come back .

I liked how close it was to the beach room were nice and clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great location but I was not happy with the cleanliness. Carpets were filthy!

I expected it to be cleaner. The Carpets in my room and my moms were very sticky. I couldn’t walk without shoes(the sole of my feet and my kids were dirty from walking barefoot). Bedsheets and towels did not smell clean and fresh. The elevator smelled like rotten egg. My mom refused to go in the elevator and had to take steps to go up to the 3rd floor everytime. Customer service was not good.

Breakfast was great! Free WiFi was a plus. Very close to LEGOLAND and other stores and outlet.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The bed was comfortable
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The front desk staff were not too friendly. I had to wait 20 minutes to actually check in at 3 and it was suggested that I leave and come back. When I checked out early Wednesday night and drove home instead of spending the night till Thursday, the lady had no personality and wasnt friendly at all.

The bed was comfortable

The room was spacious, and seemed family friendly besides...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I didn't like that it's stated that you will get a crib but you get a play yard(pack n play). My baby had trouble sleeping and I wasn't able to rest well. The second night I was there a couple was arguing in the middle of the night and kept slamming doors which woke up my baby. Also, the phone didn't work and I told the office staff the first night but they didn't fix it.

The room was spacious, and seemed family friendly besides the second night with the couple arguing.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we first got there, the floors of our room were very damp. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and nice about it, but it was kind of gross and made our feet dirty. The room also had a funky smell the entire time. The breakfast was ok.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

great location!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

i liked everything about the property

we stayed at this hotel bc we were going to legoland and i just love how everything was just five mins away, including the beach! this was a bonus bc i am 8 mos pregnant.. the property was clean and so was our room.

Awesome stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was great, wish pricing was a little more cheaper. Me and my family had a great stay.

We loved everything about it, from friendly staff with great customer service to cleanliness of hotel n room...

Staff was not clear in our method payment and made us go to...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff was not clear in our method payment and made us go to bank and come back and not take our cash per their agreement to allow cash. Wasted our time

Will definitely be back again!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The people above us were very noisy. We complained to the front desk and although the noise stopped, it began again about 10 minutes later. Next time we will request an upper floor.

I loved the breakfast selection, and it changed slightly in variation each morning. I also liked the sizing of the family suite. We had 2 full bathrooms which accommodated our family of 5. The front desk clerk was very friendly and check in was a breeze.

Loved the location!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The dryers were broken in the guest laundry facility. Having onsite laundry facilities was one of the main factors in our choice of this location. We had to drive to a laundromat to do laundry. The hotel gave us a discount for the inconvenience. The door to our room had large gaps between the door and the frame on the side and on the bottom. This let in a lot of outside noise, warm air and insects. The floors were so dirty they felt sticky to walk on and left our feet black. We each had to wear socks when we were in the room and then removed them for bed. It was nasty!!!! They kept turning off the AC units after they “cleaned” the rooms and with the gap in the door this made the rooms miserable and hot in the afternoon while we waited for the AC units to catch up. We will not be staying here again.

Loved the location! Close to the beach and to Legoland.

The beds were comfortable Room size didn’t matter because...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Out door was very difficult to push open. The bathroom tub faucet dripped. There was trash behind the dresser.

The beds were comfortable Room size didn’t matter because we were spending most of our time at Legoland. Breakfast was very good

This hotel was perfect. Really close to Legoland . My family and I stayed 4 nights. Breakfast was wo
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Couldn't really pick what I didn't like. Everything was great!

Friendly and helpful staff, yummy breakfast, close to Legoland, relaxing pool and Spa.

The location was close to everything
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were uncomfortable, both mattress' sunk in and we didn't get a good night's sleep during the whole stay.. they definitely need to be replaced

The location was close to everything

The location is nice and the rooms were clean.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The beds/pillows were uncomfortable. If you’re going to Legoland there are some closer options.

The location is nice and the rooms were clean. Good value for the price.

Legoland visit
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was water draining on sidewalk near swimming pool not sure if it was from ice machine.

Quick check in and like the quiet location. Jack in the box and subway eating nearby. Breakfast was very good.

Good value but...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very close to the freeway so you could hear the traffic. The pillows didn't smell clean (not the usual smell of bleach/Clorox I get at hotels). Also I found a dead cockroach on the floor the day we were leaving. Not sure if we stepped on it or it was dead from before - the floor was dark so it wasn't that visible (pretty gross)

Breakfast area was decent size and clean. Coffee was available at most times of the day. Easy parking.

Not much
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was small, fan didn’t work or there wasn’t one. The fire alarm went off multiple times and the maintenance didn’t know how to fix it. The room was by as nice as the pictures not was the breakfast as good as it looked in the pictures. Major let down.

Not much

It was within 5-15 minutes of every place we wanted to visit.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing my family didn't like was the pool. My kids wanted to go in the pool our first day there but they couldn't because it was dirty with a lot of leaves.

It was within 5-15 minutes of every place we wanted to visit. The room was nice and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to see the large variety of breakfast provided.

The room was clean and staffs were nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For breakfast the bacon was burnt and the laundery room one of the dryer wasn't working and I had to wait 2 hours.

Location is great close to the shore/beach. Close to fast food restaurant and stores.

Prices for affordable breakfast with included all the way up needing Improvement but overall I would
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast could use improvement and the pool and hot tub was dirty. The hot tub had a ring of dirty all around it and it look green and it stunk. The pool did not smell like chlorine and water felt dirty.

The fireplace outside. The rooms look clean.

Close to beach and activities. Good breakfast and nice pool area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very dirty and sticky carpet. If it wasn't for this one aspect I'd give the place 5 stars.

Great location. Very close to Legoland and the beach.

We enjoyed that the hotel was very close to Legoland.

The carpet was very dirty and sticky, when you walked on it, you could feel it stick to the bottom of your feet. It grossed me out and it made us want to stay out longer before returning to the hotel so that our infant didn't crawl on it. Also, not very much entertainment for kids on tv.

We enjoyed that the hotel was very close to Legoland. The bed was comfortable, as well as the pillows. Free breakfast was good, but be prepared for many families coming and out of the kitchenette.

Stay here if you want to feel like you’re in the center of a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Stay here if you want to feel like you’re in the center of a major construction zone. The hotel itself and the staff are nice, but my God the noise is deafening!!!!!!!!! I am here for work related purposes and I was counting on rest. I was not informed that they are renovating or doing construction in the rooms literally right next to mine, for the entire day I have heard nothing but the sound of drilling. I have my two small dogs with me, as this hotel allows pets and the staff was made aware of my dogs prior to checking in. I have no clue why they would think it is a good idea to place someone with dogs in a room next to drilling, it is driving my dogs crazy and I don’t blame them because it’s driving me crazy as well. I called the front desk to see if they have another room they can move me to because now there is a constant ringing in my ears due to the noise, and although the man at the front desk was apologetic and nice, there is no other room for me. Had I known that there would be drilling from early morning until 5 PM (the man at the front desk said they will be done at 5) right next to my room I never would have stayed here. I would prefer a run down Motel 6 over this noise. They shouldn’t be using any of their rooms within earshot of the construction.

Breakfast was great as was the proximity to Legoland.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The proximity to the freeway made it somewhat noisy (bring earplugs?).

Breakfast was great as was the proximity to Legoland. The room was a good value.

I did not enjoy my stay at LaQuinta, Legoland location.

The room smelled of some dreadful odor. Perhaps of mold or other dampness. The toilet seat was very low & small making it hard to seat and wipe oneself. Too low for guests over 50. Beds were hard as a rock. Pillows were flat. Toilet tissue and facial tissue was too hard. No softness about either of the above. The refrigerator hummed/vibrated loudly all night. Couldn't sleep much.

Location of hotel is good. Breakfast had many good, healthy choices and was fresh. (Eating utensils need to be of better quality.) Room decor was ok.

Good place for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Someone was smoking (around their children, no less) even though it's a smoke free property (better supervised? Can anything really be done about that?)

Breakfast was filling (eggs, bacon/sausage, bagels, toast, waffles, cold cereal, breakfast pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, fruit infused water). Room was clean and stocked as expected and easy to find off the freeway. Freeway sound wasn't too bad, especially with the air conditioner on (we always have it on wherever we go). Small enough property to not be overcrowded at any time. Will return when we visit the area again.

Family low cost property
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Too noisy for us. But all the kids were having fun! If you are traveling with kids this is a good property

Property just too old and it showed. Beds so uncomfortable! Please get new mattress. This property really needs to be completely updated. It’s okay for low end motel

If it wasnt for the filthy carpet it was a good stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

filthy carpet in both rooms would not put my feet down on it. Put towels down to get through my stay so I could walk on the carpet.

Friendly staff , good breakfast

5.5
    Not my favourite in this chain

Exterior door style accommodation; very close to freeway and too far from town; updating required, especially bathrooms, exterior hallways need cleaning. Dog friendly rooms should be on ground floor:. When a dog steps out in the air in the morning, it wants to pee immediately. There is much evidence of this in exterior hallways on upper floors.

Nice staff, comfy bed, dog friendly. We seek out La Quinta hotels because they welcome our dog with no extra fees.

Good location, comfortable rooms, great price. Building showing its age, but very practical.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Toilet had problems flushing--had to hold the handle down a long time. Also, "grown-up" amenities like fridge, coffee maker, microwave, bar sink, desk and phones were in the "kids" room so we risked waking up the kids if we wanted to do anything at night/early morning.

Breakfast was awesome and the 2-bedroom/2 bath design was fabulous since we had smaller kids with us. Could have used a night light for the kids' bathroom, though.

Very enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No complaints about anything.

Loved the beds! Very comfortable and clean room, quiet even though close to the freeway. Good breakfast, with eggs, bacon and sausage. Not your usual "continental" cardboard with sweets and cereals only. We'll be staying again very soon.

Amazing and will for sure be staying at this hotel again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was just a great overall experience! Room was the perfect size, clean, and very comfortable. The cherry on top was the continental breakfast!!! The family and i loved it and will for sure will be going back to that hotel when we plan another trip to LEGOLAND!

Will definitely stay here again!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The elevators were down and our room was on the second floor. With 3 kids, it was hard to get up and down to our room for checking in, breakfast and checking out.

The room was amazing! It was huge and even had 2 bathrooms. I wasn’t expecting that as the description on booking.com didn’t specify that. Pleasantly surprised as there were 5 of us in the room. Also, even through we were next to the freeway, we didn’t hear a thing.

We had a great experience here. Clean and comfortable rooms, and the pool was warm and clean!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We didn't have any problems really. On our second night there was some noise from other guests walking outside but it wasn't bad

The pool was great, the room was big enough for us (we had a suite with bunk beds). The staff was helpful and the room was clean and beds were comfortable! Breakfast was what you would expect, nothing fancy but did the trick!

Overall was a nice stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I put all my comments in the 'what did you like question box.

Everything was pretty nice except our neighbors may have been drug users and were slamming doors way after midnight. We were able to change rooms for our second night. The location was great and the staff was very friendly. We also had some issues with the electronic key opener and had to call staff to open our door several times.

The area, everything is close to the hotel!

They give me the wrong key and when me and my son went to open the door a lady came out yelling at us my son was afraid and he wasn't available to sleep just thinking about the lady because she was very upset.

The area, everything is close to the hotel!

It was a great experience and we felt at hime
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It could have used a couch but thats just me

The room was clean, roomy and the breakfast was excellent . I would definitely come back. Close to the freeway too

Noisy, smelly, Very uncomfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access

Location was horrible. No sleep at all with the sound of freeway traffic and weirdos standing by window and talking/smoking. The bed was so uncomfortable. Literally rolled to the middle and was stuck there. Blankets paper thin, pullows were like bricks.The bathroom was gross and in need of desperate upgrades. Carpeting in the room was disgusting.

I would recommend this facility to friends and family.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was great, but on the last night, there was a party in the room adjacent to us and we had to complain several times before the occupants were removed from the property. We did receive a discount for that night which was great.

The staff was accommodating, the facility was clean and organized, great for pets, and the breakfast was convenient and tasty. The kids loved the pool and spa. The location was great as well.

The bed
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff at night I guess didn’t want to do his job had a sign saying would return in 5 min I stood there for 30 before someone came then made every excuse why he couldn’t let me into the lobby where the snack counter was because they had no change at night ?? Literally a real mean move .

The bed

The stay was perfect for what we needed and price was excellent
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was facing the freeway and it was really loud... next time i would try to get a room closer to the other side of property not as close to the freeway

Room was large and clean, breakfast was great and kids enjoy making their own waffles. Good variety of food to choose from.

A very clean, nice place to stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was just a little uncomfortable. It could have just been me, though, because no one else complained.

The breakfast was really good! Good variety of food....and a teddy bear waffle maker!

next Legoland trip we will be staying here.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was more like a cabin in a cruise ship but for 1 night with very little luggage it was perfect, clean and comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

We enjoyed waffles in the morning. Kids were happy with their breakfast and they weren't begging for food an hour later....probably helped we were at Legoland. Room was clean and nice, loved the Pantene Pro V toiletries to wash my girlies hair with. It was a nice surprise. Great location, easy freeway access. Check-in was less than 5 min.

Not a fan...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed is comfortable but, the bathrooms are terrible, very old and fixtures were falling apart. The bathroom sink was hanging from the wall with cracked surrounding plaster which held it up. I found roaches in the bathroom this time around and this was my 2nd or 3rd time staying at this same facility. Great location but, consider staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel literally down the street from the La Quinta. Is' more expensive than this one but, you get what you pay for!!!

Having the option to have breakfast is a nice feature and the location of the hotel and the neighborhood is great!

Great bang for your buck! Safe, great location, amazing breakfast, family friendly
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I guess the only complain would be the floors they feel kind of dirty. minor complaint though

I loved the location, choose a direction drive 1/2 a mile and you will find a beach, legoland, shopping, or great food.

Conveniently located, but could use some updates in the rooms.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom area was tight making it difficult to maneuver for a person with a disability. This was especially concerning since this was designated as a handicapped-accessible room. The hook on the bathroom door was partially pulled off and hanging from the door making it difficult to hang clothes when bathing. The area around the tub was painted and there were a few small spots mold. There were grab bars installed in the tub area.

The breakfast menu included a variety of items and was well stocked. There was an outside sitting area with a fireplace. Handicap parking was provided near the room. It was easy to find from I-5 south and was very close to public beaches. The room looked like it was painted fairly recently and the desk and chest of drawers looked newer. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator.

ok for short stay. Not family friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet in the room was filthy. Our feet were black within minutes of walking on the carpet. The smell from the ac was musty,moldy smell. We received noise complaints when were getting ready in the morning. Kind of hard to keep a 3 year old and 5 year old quiet.

Make your own waffles was great for the kids.

Mediocre Not my 1st choice
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

AC unit could have been less noisy. Both nights we were there had to request towels because they only gave us 3 towels in our room and I had 2 adults and 6 year old in the room. Room smelled musty. Elevator was dirty.

Hotel was ok for the money. Breakfast food was good. The coffee not so great but it was decent. Hotel rooms were small and air condition unit was loud but I guess that was ok because it drowned out the sound of traffic because the hotel is right next to the highway. Definitely an older hotel. Love that we didn't have pay for parking but next trip I don't think this hotel would be my 1st choice. Hotel night staff was so friendly and helpful. Bed was not confrontable, pillows were small not even a standard size pillow. Room smelled musty.

STRANGE hotel , not the quality / experience we expected , OVERPRICED
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were NO Keys for the room , so we could nor go anywhere ! The manager had to be called to Chaperone us back and forth to open the door !! Cost was close to 150 dollars for 1 nite , we could have stayed elsewhere for 1/2 the price but wanted a NICE room . It was not worth it , motel 6 would have been fine instead ......

beds were comfortable

Yes I would stay here again in the future
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

They could use more waffle makers, more sitting area.

Everything was clean and accommodating. Nice place what you see is what you get. Breakfast area could use a little more space very busy area in the morning.

Fair
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We booked a first floor room and did not get this. Our room had spider webs and spiders across the door- no fun almost walking into that! The shower was moldy. My friend's room smelled like smoke- the staff didn't take it seriously.

The breakfast selection was great. The staff was friendly.

I regret staying here.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Very dirty. Room had an awful odar mixed with foul feet & a wet dirty dog smell There were spiders everywhere in the room. 2 spiders were actually on me. The toilet was clogged. Dust was everywhere. Toothpaste on the door. Blow dryers didn't work. Thankfully I brought my own blankets and pillows. Everything in the room was old & extremely poorly kept. The grounds maintenance was clearly poor. Someone urinated right outside our door. I've stayed at probably 15 la Quinta and this was the worst one. Very dirty.

Hotel perfect for Lego land.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The only complain I have is the room I stayed in room number 365, the room with the king size bed had an old ac unit which didn't cool the room at all. The room with the bunk beds had a upgraded unit which worked great. My only suggestion is to upgrade that unit or get it fixed, so people can have a more comfortable stay. Other than that issue I would have given it a 10.

I liked the room size that I got for my family, I got the King bed with bunk beds. The room was a double room with bunk beds. I liked that it was like a mini apartment with each room with its own restroom and shower . We,are a family of 5 and it was perfect. I like that is close to Lego land and the breakfast was awsome.

I WAS MISERABLE!
    • King Room - Disability Access

When we arrived to our room the air conditioner had not been working properly and the entire floor in front of the air conditioner (about 15 feet in width) was soaked. I called the front desk and they knew there was a problem with the unit. They were booked to capacity and could not offer another room. They brought us some towels to soak up the water and offered a portable fan to dry the rug but I had a lung infection and was on antibiotics and just wanted to sleep. We did not run the a/c unit because it was dripping water and we did not open the window because we were in the last unit towards the back of the property and the freeway was literally 20 yards away. It was VERY noisy with the window open. When I woke in the morning the room was very damp and needless to say I felt worse than when I arrived. That morning we changed rooms and the a/c in the new room made a loud rumbling noise when the compressor went on. The unit was older than my grandmother. Maintenance came and changed out a/c unit within a matter of minutes and all was well. The property, rooms and facility is very clean. The food is good. The pool is tiny. The staff is friendly.

The free breakfast was great! Belgian waffles were fantastic.

Helpful staff but separated family
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was 50 yards from the freeway, and was a bit noisy. Also, we booked three rooms for our family, but were given rooms in separate buildings and separate floors--very disappointed.

Upon arrival, we were given a room that reeked of cigarette smoke. The attendant found us a replacement room immediately, and was very helpful.

pretty cool room, hope they get the smell out
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

One of the restrooms and bedrooms reeked of urine... i ended up looking around the room to see if maybe a old pamper was left hidden somewhere but nope. Luckily i had my air freshener but it only helped for a while.. I stayed in bunkbed room with kids most of the time and used their restroom and didn't bother with other that smelt......other than that the room was perfect LOL

We had the bunkbed suite... absolutely spacious ... definitely felt like we were in a little apartment....had no clue it had double bathroom with double shower so that was awesome.

close to the beach, friendly staff, early check in was very...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't like pillow top beds. They make my back hurt. We were it 325 so only view was freeway. Glad the windows were double pane. :)

close to the beach, friendly staff, early check in was very helpful. Breakfast was good, a lot to choose from.

A must stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Really don't have much complaints, everything that we needed was accmendated.

Clean and comfortable room. The location is great for vacationing near legoland. Staff was awesome. Was a perfect place to stay especially with little ones. Definitely will continue to stay here. Oh and the comp breakfast is great. Haven't stayed anywhere with such a variety of yummy food. Waffles and bacon were awesome.

Could value for the money
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It would be nice if the room was more spacious. The design is similar to a typical motel.

Love the breakfast! Had waffles, sausage, cereal, yogurt, eggs, muffins, bagels, and a variety of beverages.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Eggs were fluffy, breakfast was good with a variety of food...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Area where one gets their Breakfast is a bit small and warm.

Eggs were fluffy, breakfast was good with a variety of food choices. Bed was comfortable for some of our family, other said not so comfortable. Location was great for our visit to Legoland. Nice to be so close.

It's a decent family-friendly budget hotel that's close enough to Legoland.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The beds were rock hard, the coffee was not good at all, the window screen was broken, and the AC hardly worked at all.

Check-in was easy, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Nice place to stay feel like home 😊👍🏻
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything ... very close to legoland & Costco friendly staff , clean rooms , good breakfast good washer and dryer . If i go back to San Diego i go there again

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great stay in Carlsbad!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That we had to wait a little to get our breakfast (so many people before us).

Because of an emergency, I needed to check in earlier that their check-in time. They very graciously check me in. Their rates were very reasonable, room was larger than expected and very clean. Their breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

We will definitely be back!

All of the facilities were excellent and clean! Good location close to the freeway but we didn't hear any traffic. The staff were very friendly also!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Bring your own alarm clock.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for a 5:00 am wake-up call and they forgot to do it- almost missed our flight.

We were given a quite room, away from the worst of the freeway noise.

Good area! But no so good near horrendous freeway:(
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Omg! Those mattresses are BAD!! Very terrible back aches through my family's weeknd:( please upgrade them!! Even the children's bunk beds!!

Nice to be upstairs

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Had a good vacation
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The breakfast was really far from the second building

The room was very clean and loved that there was two bathrooms and didn't have to share with the kids