Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Minnetonka 3 stars

10420 Wayzata Boulevard, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA

#3 of 6 hotels in Minnetonka

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

There's only one elevator and it is very slow. Our room had a hole in the door where an handicap accessible peephole should be (so wheelchair height); but the peephole piece wasn't in the hole. So anyone walking by the room could look through the hole in the door and see into our room. I told the front desk on Saturday morning and she said she was going to have maintenance check it out but when we returned at midnight on Saturday it was still just a hole in the door and there wasn't a message on our phone or a note left on our door to indicate that anyone had checked into a resolution for the problem (room #440)

Breakfast had a great variety, even specialty Gluten Free muffins and bagels. It was quiet. A little off the beaten path, so there wasn't a lot of traffic noise. Our room was really large (a handicap accessible room - the last room available with two beds).

Room was very spacious, very clean. Only problem was the bed was a little high for vertically challenged people, but once in very comfortable. A variety of pillows to chose from, so found one that was just right. There was a very large group having a reunion of sorts the night I was there, but heard no noise at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

was really upset becausr the menu in the room looks like the food is coming from a kitchen in the hotel. ordered food and told it would be brought to me in 30 minutes. it took an hr and a half for GAELS to deliver my food. kids fell asleep in the meantime so they went to bed hungry! waste of money....

my kids ate alot at the breakfast buffet, like 20 pieces of bacon and staff didnt mind!

The reception desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The hotel truly was pet friendly and we had a great stay. Would definitely go there again.

The Bathroom did not have any toilet paper. Had to make a trip to the front desk for some. The Fire Alarm in the 3rd floor hallway had a low battery chirp all night. Super annoying.

Very few services near the property and difficult to access the ones near by.

Excellent parking in safe areas. Friendly, helpful man at the desk! Room temperature easily controlled. Nice bathroom and shower.

NA

Very comfortable room and bed, small closet space could be a problem for long stays, breakfast offered was minimal, hot scrambled eggs, sausage links and gravy.

Nothing really for the price I have paid.

The hotel is very quiet. The beds are incredibly comfortable. The room is very clean and well maintained. Wi-Fi is high speed with download speed between 5-10 Mbps. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the return of my bath gel and face wash which was tossed when we changed rooms.

Overall it was OK - but fell short from the last time I was here 2015. There was a minor problem with the 1st room, and we moved to another room. There was another problem that was pointed out to the manager on the last day, and I was hoping for a better outcome, but it did not happen. The hotel, and room were clean and taken care of, but the "minor" problems could have been handled better.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I accidentally booked the hotel for 8 days instead of one.. Was terrified once I already put my credit card info in and it said 900$ some dollars instead of 100$ some! I quickly contacted booking.com and called the hotel staff and they were so helpful, sympathetic and generous in helping me rebook. Not to mention they waived the cancellation fee! Would stay here again.

The breakfast was nice but not what was advertised all over the hotel. The things that were advertised on the fliers in the elevator and other places that were served for breakfast were not included on the menu. I would rather you didn't say what was on the menu then we wouldn't have been disappointed.

we loved the room and the bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Bed was too soft and pillows too hard. Made for an extreme head and neck pain!

The stafff was very nice and happy to help, plus they accommodated us with the early check in even though they were sold out the previous night.

No Pool. No HDMI hookup. WiFi is just ok. Hotel is really dated. Elevator seemed like it was going to break. King sized bed had full-size pillows. There was literally a dead bug on my window ledge.

Staff was nice. Mini fridge was awesome to have. Closet for hanging clothes was nice. The breakfast was pretty good and wasn't the same each day, which was nice. The rates are pretty cheap.

No issues

I like the central location and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. We travel with pets and this is a very pet friendly hotel. We will support them even when we don't have our pets along.

• Executive King Room

Our room wasn't cleaned one of the 2 days, my daughter's bathing suit was stolen, staff was generally unfriendly and snotty, and they need Disney channel/freeform. It's supposed to be family friendly, but only had Nickelodeon

The coffee is good.when the elevator broke, the staff that night was nice and even carried our son up the 4 flights of stairs.

The room or bathroom

The staff were great, clean is not what I would call it. Mold was on the bottom of the shower curtain. The smell was not too good. Eggs lacking in flavor and consistency. Overall I give the place a 2.5 if it was my rating the place.

Locking myself out of my room by accident.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I enjoyed the exercise room. I wish I would have had more time for using it. The grounds and motel in general were very clean and well. Taken care of.

Quick, friendly check-in, very clean. Room was quiet and nicely furnished. Rooms are quiet and clean. Great breakfast, well stocked and quite tasty. Would recommend this to anyone traveling.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled like stale cigarettes. Also, the cleanliness of the room was questionable but we did not call to report, we just dealt with it.

Front desk staff was excellent & accommodating. We were able to get a late check out with no problem. Breakfast was above average. Area was great - many food and shopping choices close by.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

First room we checked into the a/c wasn't working & the room was sticky. Maggie from the front desk put us in a room with a newer a/c unit and it was great.

Beds were comfortable & the Continental breakfast was good too.

• King Suite

This is an older facility in a neighborhood that has become less than desirable. The room, a suite, did not have adequate light and the air conditioner provided only enough BTUs for the bedroom. The couch was barely usable for seating. The tiny microwave was ancient making the refrigerator and oven arrangement far behind the current standards. The bed was decent but certainly not a "cloud". I perused the breakfast and left after finding nothing desirable.

Truthfully not much. The lobby was attractive and the front desk staff was nice but that's where the positives stopped.

• Executive King Room

The free breakfast was very disappointing and I actually couldn't eat it because it was so bad. Also we had a suite with a separate living area from the bedroom. The living area didn't have air conditioning so the room became very warm and stuffy.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

beds (twins) have not had to try to sleep in a twin, in a hotel for a long time. Pillow quality was poor as well in my opinion. Had I known beds were twins, we/I would have stayed elsewhere.

it was quiet. Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Often there were not enough parking spaces for guests. Could use more table and chair seating in the breakfast area. People were often forced to sit in lobby to eat.

Pillow top beds were very comfortable. The full breakfast was great! Loved the shower. Felt like "soft" water which I love. Great shower head.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Powdered eggs on the breakfast buffet were not acceptable. Lobby furniture needed a cleaning.

The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and offered coupons for nearby restaurants.

Can't think of anything.

Beautiful property. The location worked well for or needs. The breakfast was excellent. The young woman at the desk was friendly and very helpful. She even remembered us and asked questions about things I told her on the previous day. Very impressive. We will be back

The bathtub was very old and worn. But at least it did not have the dreaded curved shower curtain bar.

Breakfast featured hot scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, osme really good bread for toasting and a lot of bagels with cream cheese. Activia yoghurt was welcome.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Nothing really. Just note that if you are visiting Minneapolis and St Paul, you are on the far side of the city. Good to avoid the traffic in the morning if you are going to St Paul.

Room was clean and comfortable

The size of the closet was too small. I have never seen a closet so small in any hotel. Also, there wasn't enough parking. I came back to the hotel one night and couldn't find parking. I had to go in and ask the person at the front desk, and he said that I could park in the front roundabout as long as I park my vehicle a certain way. He proceeded to direct me on how to park my car. I heard from another guest that he also couldn't find a parking space. Then, I went to my room to find that my key card did not work! So, I had to go back downstairs to the front desk to get new ones. I informed the hotel employee at the front desk of my dissatisfaction, and that I thought that the hotel should comp me my last night there for all the incoveniences. He didn't offer.

I would have appreciated a hard cooked egg at breakfast on the days that there was meat in all of the hot food offerings. That said, I certainly did not go hungry. There was very wide range of choice. The TV does not need to be on at breakfast, but having the remote available allowed one to turn down the volume.

The room, bathroom, hallways, elevator and lobby were kept the cleanest of any motel/hotel we have stayed in. Thank you! This level of attention to housekeeping is the prime reason we will be booking this hotel the next time we are in Minneapolis. The bed was extremely comfortable. I appreciated having decaf tea and coffee at the 24/7 coffee bar.The staff, from the front desk to housekeeping, was very professional and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Parking lot could be lit up a little better.

Room was very clean & well-kept. Appears to be a newer property, or at least has been updated. The bed & bedding were very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and quiet hotel. Great location for what I needed access to. The breakfast was exactly what I expected and the breakfast area was nice and bright with windows to the surrounding area. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I can think of was a lack of a small refrigerator. Everything else was great.

Easy on and off to get around Minnetonka and Minneapolis area. Extremely quiet and comfortable room. Breakfast was very good, sausage,eggs,bacon,pancakes, great coffee and 4 different juices. All you need to start the day. Price was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

I cannot think of anything. My 2-day stay was perfect.

Excellent for the purposes of my trip. Easy access to shopping and the freeway. I really loved the decor, modern clean, attractive and simple. Someone really "hit a home run" on this aspect.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice to be able to check in a little earlier....like around 1 p.m.

the bed was perfect, the bathroom was clean, it was quiet, and the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would have liked biscuits and gravy for breakfast on the weekend. Two waffle makers would be nice. People were standing in line to make waffles. Other than that, we thought breakfast was very nice. I do think staff should monitor people in dining room. One guest, while we were in breakfast area, took 30-plus sausages and a huge plate of eggs up to his room "for his family" and then came back for large sack of fruit, creamers, yogurts, muffins, etc. Really? Maybe someone asking for room keys and checking for number of guests registered, might be profitable.

Room was very clean and nicely decorated. Beds were very comfortable. Hall noise was loud for a few minutes at 2:00 am, and we could hear people showering in next room, but overall, room was very pleasant. It was somewhat difficult to get to this property. We found entrance, from the west, easier, but when we tried to get from 394-12 to property from General Mills Blvd. we became lost twice. It was difficult to get to this hotel. We could see it from 394-12, but we couldn't find the way to get to it. Parking lot was well lit and we felt safe leaving car there and walking to and from hotel entrance at night. Front desk staff were welcoming and outstanding. We accidentally left items in room when we checked out, and we received a call from front desk, telling us that we had left items behind. That impressed us. What outstanding service is that?

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

My room smelled like a wet dog. As I was there for 4 nights, I addressed the issue with the front desk. I was told it is a dog friendly hotel and there were no specific "no pet" rooms.

Bed was comfortable, decent breakfast,friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

we stayed at LaQuinta for 17 days and overall the experience was wonderful. What I would inprove on is making sure that when cleaning the room, please check to make sure there are washclothes in the bathroom or enough new paper coffee cups

The quiet and location

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Josh at the front desk was very welcoming, the rooms are very comfortable and clean we have stayed twice in the last month and I would recommend this to anyone

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The phones didnt work. Staff was working on it while we were there. We managed.

The staff was very helpful...rooms were clean...beds were comfortable. Great stay!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

I had to cancel my room because of travel plan changes and still ended up needing the room that night around 11:00 pm. The front desk staff was so accommodating not to mention I had 3 dogs - yellow labs, so not a small crew. They put me in a room on the first floor right next to the stairwell door so I could have quick access to the outside. Very nice staff both times I've stated now.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were comfortable and we liked the breakfast. Good bacon and eggs w/cheese! Easy access and close to a mall. Eating places available around the mall.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The front desk person both at night and in the morning were amazing. I was there for a medical appointment and they were very accomodating with the check out time and shuttle.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• King Suite

The fridge/freezer were unplugged and water had leaked all over the carpet. Carpet cleaner made our room smell awful for a few hours.

I liked that the bedroom was separated from the main area with a door in the king suite.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Lumpy pillows. Extremely slow elevator. No hair dryer. Very low wattage light bulbs.

Lots of space in the room. Good shower. Coffee available in the lobby early in the AM before breakfast. Convenient to major highway, but in a relatively quiet area.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were there for the Ryder Cup. As a result, it was a good environment overall. The staff's recommendation for nice nearby restaurants was quite good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

There was only one elevator which was really slow and scary. During breakfast time, it was impossible to take the elevator as the housekeeping staff were constantly using it as they were cleaning, and their carts are enormous and take up the whole elevator car. We took the stairs but this is definitely a potential issue for any handicapped guests. The room wasn't perfectly clean upon arrival; there were spots on the tables and small pieces of paper/aluminum on the carpet when we arrived. I took a bath and noticed what looked like black mold under the soap holder, as well as spots on the ceiling in the bathroom (see pics). So be aware of this if you have allergies/sensitivities. There were was a burn hole in the curtain we found when we opened the window. Little things that suggest it may not have full attention to cleaning.

The inclusivity of pets. I liked seeing a lot of dogs. The bed was comfortable. The room setup looked just like the pictures online so I didn't take any of my own. It's located near the highway, easy to find. Quiet location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The ac couldn't keep up. The room felt humid. Not the end of the world. Those who smoke outside fed our ac with the drift and our room smelled.

We like the location and the beds are always good.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Parking lot was dark in the evening, and hardly anywhere to park as well. Elevator needs to be replaced. Did not like the fact that there were pets in and out of the hotel as well! Also no swimming pool and or hot tub. Did not mention that to me when I booked;(

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really grasping at straws here, but toilet seat could have used tightening!

Facility was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked, warm and tasty. Staff was pleasant. All in all a good stay.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The staff was friendly During my stay, there was a soccer tournament nearby and the breakfast area was crowded. The hotel staff kept up with the demand of all their breakfast items. They were on point.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

About 10pm the person next store came back to his room and was talking very loudly. I could hear him in his room from my room. Fortunately, it didn't last long, but a little more sound propfing would be great.

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The cooling system fan had only one speed, high. I finally got tired of the noise and shut it off just in time to hear doors slamming at 1 in the morning. I got up to shower and realized there was no shower curtain. I had to put towels on the floor to catch the water.

Clean and orderly.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

cramped breakfast area--couldn't get to the food so ended up not eating, elevator broken when we left--I walk with cane and my wife is asthmatic and we were on the 4th floor--this made departure difficult, no offer of assistance with luggage or discount on room rate

good price for metro location, close to Target Field, beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

I have no complaints.

The friendliness of the staff. I liked that my room was cleaned everyday. It made me very comfortable and my family and I were able to enjoy our vacation. My daughter even left the housekeepers notes for their great service.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Has been partially updated but needs a bit more. The only elevator is slow. The room did have a bit of a musty smell.

Room was comfortable and quiet. Never heard any neighbors. WiFi was a good signal in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

The hallway especially in front of the elevator on the 4th floor was pretty dingy and smelly. It needed to be kept cleaner.

Very comfortable bed and bedding. Appreciated having an extra blanket in the room ( not having to call the front desk for one). We also were very pleased that we could open the window to enjoy the cool evening breeze.

No complaints.

Clean and comfortable. Convenient location .

Awful breakfast

Comfortable bed

Furniture in the room is worn. Bed has indent from use, uncomfortable. Elevator has missing button.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Parking at premises was not available. Remote parking was not save.

Air conditioning/furnace was a little fussy. Golf channel not included in the cable pkg

Quick check in Professional staff Comfortable beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

So quiet! There were quite a few kids teams in the building and we didnt hear a peep!

Very clean...seemed newly decorated.. Quiet... Good value

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Continental breakfast is a very nice feature of our stay Thank you for offering it.

• King Suite

Breakfast could have been better. Eggs were good. Could have had sausages

Breakfast is very basic but enough to fill the stomach :)

Staff was very friendly and helpful

The bathroom wasn’t very clean & overall room wasn’t very clean .

The location is convenient and the bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The muffins at breakfast were very good!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Friendly staff and continental breakfast

Nothing all good

A friendly comfortable area very understanding

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing I can think of.

A very good value. Staff is terrific

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable

Very clean facility, friendly staff, fantastic eggs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Better Fitness Facility. No bike. Lousy elliptical. Morning coffee. Not made fresh. Likely carryover from night before.