Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach 3 stars

816 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#51 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

Pet Friendly
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was skimpy. Only added eggs on the weekend.

We asked the staff not to enter our room since traveling with our cat. The ladies were very nice asked if we needed anything. We were evacuated from our home due to Hurricane Florence. The hotel was quiet. The bed was great.

Great access to the beach.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The down pillows were very very flat, and the beds were very very hard.

Great access to the beach. And the pool was fantastic. Love the mushroom waterfall feature.

The room view was awesome.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The bed mattress was too hard. I couldn't sleep well. Besides that, everything was great.

The room view was awesome. I could watch the ocean from my balcony.

We’ll never stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

My daughter got stuck in the elevator, our key wouldn’t work for our door twice, bath towels were sour and not enough parking. We had to park across the town and care all of our luggage.

The pool and view of the beach the room was newly remodeled..

great locaion ,good beds ,clean,the people working at the counter friendly .not to knowledgeable
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

the bathroom bad location room 316 some times the ice machine worked then it didn't ,homeless people hanging around didn't care for that, see y'all next trip

room was big bed was comfortable didn't care for the location of the room but all in all not to bad next time I get and ocean view, didn't eat the breakfast

Satff was friendly however we ended up getting a refund and...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Satff was friendly however we ended up getting a refund and staying somewhere else. First room ~ bathroom floor was wet from toliet leaking. Then we moved to a second room and the comforters had stains on them and bugs in the bathroom.

I liked that someone took the time to address my issues and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The pool was terribly dirty..glass in the bottom huge bugs in my room flooded AC . NOT GOOD 😕

I liked that someone took the time to address my issues and made it better they were very nice and apologetic 😌

Good place to stay with children.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Too many dogs... especially very large dogs.

Beach access is awesome. Pool is okay, but not the best. Breakfast is good. Location in Daytona Beach is good... walkable to restaurants ( about 1 mile) and other attractions.

Love staying at Daytona Beach FL
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The parking lot was small I drive an SUV and barely had room to back in and out of parking spaces. The ac barely worked. Breakfast was terrible only went down the first morning as the orange juice was watered down, the eggs were like rubber, no milk had to ask several times for milk.

Very clean. No carpets. Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The Hotel is very abandoned.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

The Hotel is very abandoned in terms of cleanliness, painting, both inside and outside, the elevator is old, dirty and smells bad, the balcony was never cleaned, the hallways dirty, the room was shallow, there was no toilet paper, shampoo, soap, towels, had to claim them always, badly made beds, never shaken furniture, old furniture, we stayed ten days and never changed the sheets, it is a pity because we knew the hotel in times when everything worked. I hope I never come back again, it hurts!

The Beach, only the beach.

The location was excellent!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Our room was not cleaned for two days and when I asked the cleaning staff to come in they told me they would be right there. We left out to go sightseeing and returned hours later to a dirty room.

The location was excellent!!!! The gentleman that runs the breakfast station was awesome and very friendly.

My room 215 ..lacked a good cleaning.live roach in my room.coffeemaker poor bathroom nasty.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

My room key lost memory 8 times in 2 days. Always going back to the front desk. To revive activate the room cards.

Location on-the-beach. Beware.. A place where driving on the beach is allowed. Next to the public..

Not like the Laquinta's I am accustomed to!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The location of my room was very noisy. The room was not clean when we arrived. There was old food in the refrigerator, hair in the shower & by the bed. 2 of the 3 nights after returning from dinner & such we had to park down the street. I had no beach front view as promised & it was very noisy by the pool. The snack room & ice machine was in with the laundry room which was dirty & crowded the 3 times we went to get a drink & snack from the vending machine. Lastly the gentleman that was running the breakfast closed 8 mins before closing time.

Beds were comfortable & It was by the beach.

For a last minute reservation it was about what I expected
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Pool area and pool not kept clean. I received an email saying I had ground floor patio room and was on 3 across from ice machine and elevator. People smoking all over the place.

Room very clean. Breakfast good.

The fact that it was located on the beach
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was rude. No parking. I had to pay to park across the street at another facility. The pool was extremely small. Our TV did not work.

The fact that it was located on the beach

Disappointment
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The room had a bad smell. The sheets on the bed had hair on it. The towels also had hair on it. Hotel was not clean. Staff unfriendly. Manager unfriendly and infair. Would never go back or recommend this place to anyone.

Nice little location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Shower was clean but very worn. Needs updating. This is summer. Water available for pets outside or in the common area would be nice. Water for people during the day would also be nice - not a drink dispenser full of ice.

The view was awesome.

Fair stay.. you need more staff to have rooms ready and cleaned, everyone waited hours
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Our rooms were not ready until after 4 hours checked in at about 1:30 , lady at the desk said check in at 3pm , we had to keep calling... rooms given at 7pm

Updated floors- the no carpet was a plus

Not recommend
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

It does not look like the picture, property is aging and exterior not well maintained, poor water pressure with shower not strong enough to wash the soap off and a toilet that had to be flushed 2 to 3 times to actually flush, man sweeping outside door at 930 at night, ice machine leaking puddles of water in hallway, elevator wet and hot, parking is VERY tight.

Nice access to beach and only .7 miles from activity in town.

Right next to the beach, pool was nice as wll
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The parking was terrible, no one in the area parked well at all, scratched the whole side of my truck and the breakfast was terrible, we prefered ihop down the road

Right next to the beach, pool was nice as wll

Good hotel on the beach! Needs some new paint, wonderful amenities.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The paint and walls look dated. The beds were not comfy and were extra squeaky. Breakfast lacked eggs. The lights in the room where a weird color temperature.

The room was clean, floors were hard tile so it was easy to handle the beach sand and water. The pool was nice and great for kids. The staff was friendly. The room had a closet. GREAT access to beach! AMAZING!

After 4 visits here, this might be the last
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

This year, overall cleanliness of the property just wasn’t the same. The hot tub had a film of algae around the edges that was never cleaned off. Items, like trash, that were left at the pool the previous day, were still there the next day. Our sheets were never changed in the 5 days we were there. My son had a nosebleed the first day and one of the pillows had a spot of blood, it was never changed out.

We’ve come to this property every year since 2015 and I have to say, for the money it’s a good place. Ease of access to the beach and centrally located.

Very Disappointed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Isn't a clean hotel. Needs to be painted and cleaned.

The room was duty. We found garbage under the bed and it wasn't dust also the floor wasn't clean too. Out side our room was duty, garbage all over the floor. The lobby was duty, smelled very bad and all the furniture was duty. The hotel location is good but needs to be cleaned and painted.

Was a little unhappy but overall I enjoyed myself
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

That I requested a room facing the ocean and I didn't get one and that the hotel was far from the board walk we had to drive down there

The pool and the beds were very comfortable

Very disappointed, this hotel needs work on cleaning and customer service.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Just arrive to our room I have to call because the sheets has stains, they change but they says they don't have clean comforter, 3 days without it. Have to call for towels, no towels. Second day I have to find somebody who provide with paper toilet. I ask one of the employees about the acces to the beach, she says she was new and don't make the effort to help. The mini fridge was dirty.

Access to the beach, view from the room.

Horrible experience!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The staff was extremely rude. The fact i had to wait an hour past check in to get in my room due to rooms not being clean. The pool and hot tub was dirty. Hot tub didnt work. Breakfast was ice cold at 8am. I had to ask for my room to be cleaned. I had to ask for towels repeatedly and was told there isnt enough for the rooms. I had to ask for housekeeping to come in my room to clean because they forgot to clean it. Then when i got new linens they were dirty.

We loved Florida. But will not being staying here anymore. not a wheelchair accessible place
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Found to roaches in our room. Had trouble getting our room cleaned. Not enough breakfast for all the people they had staying there had to stand and wait a long time to get food.

Being so close to the beach. Pool and hot tub

I like the mattress and the furniture in the room, as well...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The entry door should have swapped places with the location of the bathroom- having it directly head on with the open sliding glass door cause the door to slam throughout my stay. I chose my room in part for the breeze that came off the ocean, as most would who choose oceanview suites. I don't go on vacation to close a door umpteen times, as most would. Also my original deposit I called to make early arrangements with the hotel. The manager, Michelle Lopez, ran my debit card twice, doubling the amount I'd planned on putting down on the room. To make matters worse, it took a week before I got the half of the deposit I wanted returned to me- the other half didn't come for 2 weeks. After all was said and done, the deposit I wanted to make was never made AND double it came out of my account- not normal nor ok. I spoke to Michelle 3 times on the phone- I tried probably 20 times to get a hold of her, through email and phone. I called one time and staff admitted that the computer said I was charged twice. When I spoke to Michelle, she was insistent that wasn't the case and her staff was mistaken. She was very clearly lying to me- charges don't happen unless the vendor runs the card. I had some expectation that I would get an apology and at least some service during my stay after what had transpired. I got the exact opposite- I was given a boatload of towels for my stay, my bed was never made nor were the linens changed, surfaces in the room weren't getting cleaned, etc.... At one point, I cleaned the room myself- swept, wiped all surfaces down, etc.... I didn't spend $320 to do housework on vacation. I requested the direct number for her supervisor 47or LaQuinta and I was given the name Tina Torres and this number- (386)677-4712, which got me through to another hotel location which refused to put Tina on the phone nor send me to her voice mail, which they claimed they didn't have.

I like the mattress and the furniture in the room, as well as the color scheme used in the bedroom.

Most of the staff was friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

For the amount of money I paid we could have gotten more for our money at another hotel in the area. The only thing to do is swim in the outside pool.The picture's online are pretty deceiving.

Most of the staff was friendly.

I would not stay here again until I know they have remedied their mold problem

Moldy room

Breakfast was amazing, pool was amazing, just steps from the beach but my room had mold and it made me sick and I lost my voice through my entire trip and had a constant headache

Would stay again
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

There is a male employee that is always walking around not sure what he does but he is very rude and the space where they have breakfast is WAY too small.

I loved the location and how they work very hard to keep it clean. They were bleach mopping the walkways and wiping handrails.

Scary!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was #1, attitude of check in clerk and the feeling of being unsafe.

I’ve been in hotels in Greece, France, Jacksonville and this was the worst. I was scared being there. Spring break may have had a lot to do with it but outside smelled of beer, noise, etc. My key didn’t work, the maids let me in three times. Was issued towels dirty and with multiple holes in them. I felt so insecure, I asked the maid if it was an safe environment. Would never go again. Asked if I could use my military card and I sure you know the answer , No!

Its was ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Room smelled like a wet dog. And floor around the sink area was sticky with like a urine smell. Realize they allow dogs on property. But maybe reserve certain rooms for dog owners. Because other wise people are are allergic to them as a reaction as soon as they come in the room.

Breakfast was great. Plus right on the beach.

The rooms where nice but the cleaning staff stop cleaning...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The cleaning staff should have moped out floors and changed the sheets

The rooms where nice but the cleaning staff stop cleaning our rooms on day 3 and there was sand everywhere

This motel is dirty, full of rude staff, and doesn’t have enough parking.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The staff told us to park across the street due to an unavailability of parking and our car was towed. Afterwards the manager, Michelle Lopez, refused to answer our calls, compensate us, and her staff hung up the phone on us 5 time and refused to put us in touch with the manager. Only after getting in touch with corporate was half our money spent on the towing refunded. Housekeeping never once cleaned the room, made or stripped the beds, and we had to beg for fresh towels. There were college kids drinking handles of liquor by the pool and staff did nothing to stop it. There are not enepugh parking spots for the number of rooms, rooms are small and humid. The staff is rude in person and completely unhelpful!! They ruined our vacation completely, do not recommend staying here.

The hotel is on the beach.

The uncleanliness made the entire stay very uncomfortable. I would never stay here again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

Not clean! The bathroom was not cleaned at all, there was urine and other things in the toilet to prove it! The bed linens were not changed from the previous guest either.

Ocean Front but not my cup of tea!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

I did not like the limited parking as I didn't move my car for fear that I would have to park in overflow parking. The rooms had a motel feel rather than that of a Hotel. I have stayed at other La Quinta properties so I was taken aback by the decorum and the almost rundown feeling I felt as I walked to the room door. There were random pieces of furniture that did not match my room furniture. The shower pressure was very low and not at all what I am used too. I didn't see a telephone anywhere in my room so when I needed to call the front desk I always had to use my cell phone which also was awkward. Overall, because of my experience no matter the price, I won't be returning to this property though the staff was extremely friendly.

I liked the fact that I did have an ocean front balcony and the outdoor pool was semi-heated.

We made the best of it and enjoyed the location, but were disappointed in our overall experience.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

We showed up an hour after check in and still had to wait another 45 minutes for a room to be available. We also were excited about a continental breakfast (one reason we chose here) but when we arrived to breakfast at 720am, they were already out of most things and we were informed that they would not be refilled because of a missing truck order. I would not have paid the price for the room if a breakfast wasn’t included. Very unhappy.

The location and view was great!

Nice rooms and staff
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

They served one small amount of eggs and sausage that fed maybe 10 guest. Half of my family didn’t even get any and we’re stuck with cereal and other carb options.

Nice rooms and staff

Overall the staff is good. The hotel is good. Issues arise and they did credit back 25% of the sta
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Room upon entering smelled like the staff poured straight bleach in the tub and left it. We had to air it out to even be in the room. Following morning the hotel had water pressure issues and no water. This for a one night stay was hard to deal with since we couldn’t shower that morning for the day.

Location and view from ocean front was awesome

WiFi worked.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom needs updating. Tub drained slowly and paint chipping from the walls and door. Could hear everything when someone walked by. Could hear all noise from the street at all hours. Beds were so tall it was difficult to get into them.

WiFi worked. Right on the beach for easy access.

Our stay served our needs for the night.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we were given smelled musty/unclean. There were no doggy bags in dog walking area. Breakfast options were limited.At checkout, I was made to wait several minutes for the clerk to get off the phone, which was quite inconvenient since I was on my way to an appointment.

The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. Our room was located near the main building. There is a small fenced in area to walk my dog.

It was just ok, the beds was comfortable but it was just ok
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The Hotel didn’t accommodate my unhappiness. When i asked to speak to a manager of course she wasn’t available. My room didn’t get cleaned, my bed wasn’t made, my trash didn’t get picked up. When i first arrived my room was freezing cold and it took almost an hour to heat my room. I spoke to the staff and instead of switching my room maintenance came in and was about to replace my unit while we stayed in the room. He didn’t have to replace the unit because it finally came on. When i checked out i was only given $20 off my stay.

Everything was good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Staff need to smile and greet people.i was a little confused on where the extra parking was.

Location was great.parking is limited had to park on the other side of the road and was told by another hotel I couldn't park there.room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was ok but did not exceed expectation.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Bath tub was very outdated..no where to put the soap and the drain wasn't working well. I had water above my ankles while showering. The door didn't work right either.

24 hour coffee machine in lobby

There was probably 50 of us here the weekend of Dec 9th for my sons wedding. The staff was awesome!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I wish there was more lighting by the pool & hot tub at night, but I understand the sea turtles have to be protected

The free breakfast was great! The rooms were very spacious & clean

Nice visiting with family.

We were supposed to have all rooms together for everyone, we traveled and stayed for a wedding. Half were on first floor, one was on 2nd floor, and other half were on 3 rd floor.... Only one parking slot per room!

Not satisfied with hotel.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The hotel needs a great deal of updating inside as well as outside. Room smelled musty and was not that clean. Had a handicapped room which in my opinion was not ADA suitable. Lobby is very nice and updated but remainder of hotel is not.

Not much to like.

We came here to Daytona Beach for our 26th anniversary and...

A bigger parking lot .

We came here to Daytona Beach for our 26th anniversary and we wanted to being our two Yorkies we all love the beach and the beautiful sun rises in the morning , the staff were great and we had a nice room with queen size beds and balcony , frig, and microwave it was wonderful . Also the nice free breakfast too .

I would stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites again, but my husband and son would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The beds: We had two queen size beds in our room, and the one that my son sleeps on was so noisy, the slightest move he made sounds like he was lying on a ply of zincs ( zincs are a thin ply of metal materials that we used in Jamaica to line the roof top of your house back in the days lol ), it was so noisy. We did not enjoy breakfast, there was nothing about breakfast that we enjoy. Also people need to pick up after their pets when they poop, there was poop all over the designated area that was appointed for the pets toileting and at night you can't see everything so you will step in poop :-( .

The staffs was friendly, I like the room we stayed in, perfect ocean view from the balcony and the beach was amazing, love it :-).

Nice stay but we expected more
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Beds were not queen but rather double beds so the sleeping comfort was not good. They dont offer any type of ammenity for the beach...no towels, no chairs. Front lobby clerk has to handle breakfast, check ins and outs so she always running around. More staff is needed in the lobby for faster service.

Location was great with a great beach

Our getaway
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

We didnt like that the parking was hard. Small lot with few spaces left to fit our vehicle. We were unaware that the Truck meet was going on this weekend.

Our room had a great view of the ocean from our 3rd floor balcony. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Room was clean and they offered us a free continental breakfast each morning.We would stay here again.

The floor wasn't proper cleanead, you get black feet...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

The floor wasn't proper cleanead, you get black feet when running barefoot. The parking lot is too small. The washing table is in the room, not in a separate bathroom.

Beware
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

the whole place was a disgrace I can"t imagine paying $250.00 for a total dump!!! We could not get ocean view so we were on 1st floor with a city view. What a joke we had a window to the street which was 10 feet from the street. There were street people sitting on the window ledge!!! The pool was filthy Signs for No glass or alcohol ignored. People hanging all over each other like dogs in heat!! Pictures need to be taken off your site as they are a total lie!!!

checking out and getting out of there.

Great location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

There was not enough parking. Several times, members of my group had to park across the street. There was no place where all of the folks in my group could easily gather together. The pool area takes constant vigilance and the lobby is to small to gather in, but we are a large family.

The pool was great for little kids, I have 3, and the beach is gorgeous. Rooms were nice, and the grounds were taken care of.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Clean hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The breakfast offerings were pretty average. On Monday they had nobody refilling the food or supplies so it was pretty bare bones. We ended up walking down to Duncan Donuts. They also didn't clean each day so we had towels piled up in the bathroom. Plus there was a lot of sand on the floor from the beach.

I liked that the price was very reasonable for an oceanfront hotel. I liked how big the room was. The room was pretty clean.

The access to the beach was good, pool was very nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

When I checked in I was suppose to have a room with two queen beds not a suite. Somehow I was given a suite. My daugther had booked a suite but was given a regular queen room so we ended up swapping rooms.

The access to the beach was good, pool was very nice. Cleaning staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful.

Customer service goes a long way! manager heather is A 1. It mad a difference . I will be returning
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that the girl at the front desk did not try to accommodate me at all, a lot could have been avoided, if she was as helpful as heather. And when I made my reservation I included all of my details. But it worked out .

Well I'm handicapped,and needed aground floor room and was sent to the second floor.i wasn't happy about that, I called customer service and within fifteen minutes, the manager Heather made it happen.she moved me with no problems .she had excellent customer service.she was very helpful. It made a great differencee to me. I come every year and will return.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Overated and overpriced!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

When flushing the toilet the pipes rattled. Lack of parking sometimes had to park in the public beach lot next door. Cosmetics of the outside look kinda old. Not enough seeting in breakfast area. Should have all been better for the price. Wouldnt book again.

Oceanview was beautiful. Room was fairly comfortable. Pool was nice. Inside the rooms looked nice.

Not pleasant at all
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

My room was ready for check in one hour later than check in time because room was not clean until one hour later. Room not very clean. Manager was not on duty. Breakfast not good. Front desk staf not very friendly. I will never go back to that property.

Location ad property

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Don't waste your money
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

The room floor was dirty, the beds weren't the cleanest, we had to call for towels. Needless to say we will not be returning to that hotel ever again.

The beach was the only thing I like

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice place but could be much better if they had a head housekeeper to qc the work and follow up.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Here is the down part. When we checked in the floor was very sandy, no big deal being on the beach location. We had two double beds and decided to sleep on the one closest to the ocean, after a bit both of us started coughing, which we attributed to something we might have caught on our trip. After several hours I got up and moved to the second double and my cough immediately stopped and my gf then followed and both slept peacefully. My guess is that house keeping probably only changed the bedding on the one bed used previously and the user before allowed their dog or ?? sleep on the other bed, the one we started to use. One last thing is the ref was icey and cold in the freezer compartment but warm in the ref part, probably an internal fan fault. Upon checkout and my personal commentary to the cashier, (Diana again) she said she would look into all of my concerns, but being that I had booked thru booking.com she was not authorzied to do anything else. I didn't want anything from her but to acknowledge the issues. I personally won't stay there again but that is my decision. She can't be held in accountable except if she doesn't pass it up the chain, she was very nice.

Lovely view of pool and the Atlantic Beach. Easy gate with stairs to beach, complimentary beach chairs with umbrella. Nice patio with chairs to view. Our room was #221 so we paid a bit more to get that view. We paid $119 thru Booking.com, but with allC the tourist taxes and state came to $137. Checkin staff were professional "Diana" did a great job. Without the three problems listed below it was very enjoyable.

A one night bust.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff was overwhelmed and not patient or friendly. They made us wait till 3pm for the room cause housekeeping was so slow. We got there at 11:30am unaware of the check in time cause booking.com didn't mention that on the website.

The room was spacious and located away from the rest of the building. So we had privacy. Good modern decor.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

La Quinta at Daytons Beach
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

The room smelled very musty. The doors needed a better cleaning and the room could not get cool until evening hours. No bar was a downer. Would probably stay at another place next trip.

Room was a good size. Spacious. Liked the ability to walk to the beach. Proximity to restaurants and band shell was good. All in all it served its purpose.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

College break bad news
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Pay to stay with adults, but kids ruled the roost by late night. Not a place for adults....college kids forget others deserve respect they all like to protest about.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Always stay at LaQuinta because I know they are Pet Friendly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

First impression is everything. If I was in charge the first thing to be done would be the trash that was left from passerbys or quest be removed before daylight. There were mornings when I took my pets to the pet area (next to the front of hotel) that the same trash (papers, beer cans, toilet paper, etc) laid in the same area for days. Beer can in front fountain was there all week. If it looks trashy on the outside folks will assume the inside is the same. Which wasn't the case.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Most times there appeared to be only one front desk clerk when there should have been 2. Witnessed a few times that phone went unanswered because she was assisting people at the desk. Also called down from my room and it went unanswered.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Nice stay, ask and tell for housekeeping.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Very poor housekeeping, didn't clean room very well, no shampoo, coffee packets, bathroom not cleaned well. Elevator mirrors have same large dirty spots the entire 3 day stay.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

it was adequate - beach is lovely but not many amenities ie restaurants around
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

the bed had poor springs no couch in the room the call we received about 6 weeks before our trip which was for the Daytona500 wherein they said they had cancelled our reservation and I had to call and speak to the manager to try to figure out why they would arbitrarily cancel a reservation and to get it reinstated

proximity to the beach

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Beachside
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was decent, but could have had a little more protein. Be aware when the say, pet friendly they mean it. With that said it wasn't bad. There was very little barking and the rooms were quiet.

The location was excellent. The beach was just a few steps out the door. The swimming pool and hot tub were great. Liked that the floors of the rooms were in tile, not rug.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

uncomfortable noisy place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

Property needs renovation. Bed was very uncomfortable. Breakfast was a joke (Nescafe instant coffee in the breakfast room) just very poor food quality. Construction next door( on the other side of our room) was unsettling but tolerable. I would never stay here again!!

Nothing to like other than location by the beach. Property is one of the worst I've stayed at in a long time.

Daytona 500 weekend.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Overall, it just seemed to lack personality. There was nothing wrong with the place, but it had no identity. Many places on race weekend will spent $200 and host a little beer and wine happy hour to bring the crowd together. With some folks dropping 3-400 a night, it would have been a nice gesture. Everyone kind of kept to themselves. It needed more parking and had me in the overflow lot across the street one night. Not fun crossing that street if you have family. Drop them off first then park across the street. For such a beautiful and sunny weekend, the beach was EMPTY....like a ghost town or something.

The folks did a great job of having my room clean. There were no "OMG" findings. The materials in the room were recent upgrades including wood look laminate flooring, and granite in the shower. I'm not too hard to please, but I thought there were more than average offerings for the free breakfast. We've all seen places put out OJ, water, toast, and cereal and call it a complimentary breakfast. If memory serves they had fresh fruit, yogurts, 3 juices, cereal, scrambled eggs (powdered, boo), sausage, 2 waffle machines, a variety of bagels, and of course coffee and tea. The pool area was clean.

the location is old,run down, lacked adequate parking and rooms were dirty
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

sliding door lock wouldn't work, floors were so sticky you wouldn't walk bare feet across floors, failed to provide additional coffee after first morning, and the neighborhood was rundown,, also lacked enough parking, would never book a room there again

beach

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Wifi didn't work which made being there for an event...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi didn't work which made being there for an event difficult to get any information on. Breakfast started too late as well so we couldn't get that.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Perfect !!!!!

1 Request : Please add hazelnut coffee creamer to your selection

Fresh and clean, spacious rooms, soft towels, and comfy beds !!! Love the ocean front large veranda and pool !!!! Friendly staff ready to serve 24/7 !!! Continental breakfast over-the-top… Many options !!!! Best of all PRICE POINT WAS PERFECT !!!! We will definitely be back with more family and friends !!!!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

A++
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The hard boiled eggs for breakfast and the placement of the ironing board in the closet

I loved the view The conveniences The laundry facilities Nice pool