Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown 3 stars

100 West Cesar Chavez Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78204, USA

#124 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

It was very convenient easy to locate.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was hot the maintenance staff never came to fix the air. Plus there was a dog next door that barked all night. Didn’t get any rest

It was very convenient easy to locate.

They did not clean well.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

They did not clean well. We left the room and when we returned the only thing housekeeping did was make the beds. The bathroom was not cleaned, they didn’t leave any tissue, they didn’t vacuum the room, and they didn’t clean the tables in the room. The rooms are nice and spacious, but they need to do a better job cleaning the room. Because of that, I will not recommend staying here.

Staff friendly and professional.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff friendly and professional. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Better than most places who provide breakfast. Location was within close to main downtown attraction. Will return.

If want if your rules is not to drink and swimming pool I will say outtanding .
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a group of guys in the swimming pool drinking and cousing. I have a 14 years old. I do not like to be around people that behave them selves wrong it is a bad example for my son. I complained in the front desk. But the young men was too nice to go and Talk to them. I told him I was thinking that this is a place for family not for people to come drink and to say bad words.

I did like the place that is new and clean.

My stay at Laquinta Inn and Suites.
    • Executive King Room

Sorry, I have no complaints about the property.

The property was really clean and inviting. My next visit to San Antonio I will be revisiting this hote,l I enjoyed my stay

Not for me!
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV should have been larger. We had a large room. Why put an undersized TV in this "suite" room when TV's are so cheap? Only two elevators for a large hotel with six floors. We ended up spending far too much time waiting for them. The same elevators are used by the staff, making things even worse. TV has approximately 42 channels using Dish network. Fox is included but MSNBC IS NOT. This is a big problem for me because (1) I watch MSNBC regularly and (2) offering FOX (right-wing media totally involved with current White House) while not offering MSNBC (a liberal network) shows political bias at some level within the La Quinta management. CNN is offered, but is not a substitute for MSNBC, in my opinion. For this reason alone, I will NEVER stay in a La Quinta hotel again. This was my first stay (AND LAST) at the La Quinta chain.

Room was large and reasonably comfortable. Nothing special, though. Sofa and chair were just okay and not great for long-term sitting.

Gregory vacation
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was a bit dated but acceptable

Very friendly staff and breakfast was good but could've used a tray for those that don't like to go down to the buffet to eat.

Overall I would stay there again in a heart beat! Also the hotel is close to the Riverwalk and Mall.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I didn’t like was that the bed was to firm for me. Also parking at night was difficult hard to find a space.

Room was nice, big, and very clean! Nice big pool and breakfast was served every morning from 6:30-9:30am. Employees were very very nice and helpful.

Our room was fantastic!
    • Executive King Room

Front desk wasn't rude but could've been friendlier. Asked about a discount I was supposed to receive through the company I work for. They said they couldn't find one, didn't really seem to care after that...

Our room was fantastic! Very clean and comfortable

great stay loved san antonio
    • Executive King Room

Only thing was the only mirror in the rooms, 1 in the bathroom... otherwise great

staff were great, location for seeing san Antonio great, we walked, caught the local buses and used uber. Breakfast busy time but always plenty of food. pool area was lovely. we found the store opposite great for food eating in, and several hotels next door and over the road you could go in for evening meal and or drinks. We had a great week we would stay again if in the area.

We had a wonderful time and made lots of family memories.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevators are very slow and you have to go outside the building and then back in on another side to get to the stairs.

Great hot breakfast, and the kiddos loved the Texas shaped waffles. 20 minute walk to the Alamo, and all of the workers greeted us and always told us to have a nice day. Small H.E.B across the street that has an awesome pizzeria in it. If you order during happy hour you get 2 free cups of draft beer while you wait. Rooms were always clean and room service would always put our kids stuffed animals on the bed like they were playing. We had a double bed room that had a sleeper sofa.

Overall, I would stay at this location again. A few mishaps can be overlooked.
    • King Room - Disability Access

My 1st experience with La Quinta started off on the wrong foot. I asked the girl at the front desk if I could check in 10 minutes early. She said my room wasn’t ready and asked me if I wanted to have the room ready now...umm, yeah! No shuttle to and from tourist attractions was also a bummer. Also, the margarine was awful.

Bed was comfortable. Manager was extremely accommodating. The coffee was good as well as the waffles!

Very nice new clean hotel in a good location. Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were very comfortable, unfortunately we could not get two queen beds and we were a bit cramped with two adults and two teens on full beds. However, this does not reflect on the hotel.

Breakfast was very good lots of options.
    • Executive King Room

The room was not as clean as it should be steps skipped like dusting and wiping down of furniture the vents in bathroom covered with nasty lint. Not vacuumed n mopping were skipped? or not done as some small trash found. Other than tht I was very pleased

Breakfast was very good lots of options. The room was inviting and nicely put together

I like my room cool.
    • Executive King Room

I like my room cool... they had my room cooled down when I walked in. It’s the little things. Especially, when it’s 100F outside and I’m doing cross country on a motorcycle!

Breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable.
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable. We were able to walk to most of our destinations as well. We would stay here again in the future.

Very unclean!
    • Executive King Room

Very unclean! Saw over 10 bugs crawling on table in exec king suite. Asked the front desk to THOROUGHLY clean room. Returned to room after touring downtown San Antonio and problem went unaddressed. While checking out the hotel, the front desk clerk asked how my stay was, I replied “unsatisfactorily”. She then replied with my total charged for the 3 nights and said have a good day. VERY dismissive service and was never offered a resolution. Booking, I highly encourage you to drop this property from your website.

Adequate
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast was marginal with plastic utensils, room keys temperamental, slow to clean rooms for current guests when new guests arriving

Good location, nice pool, rooms a good size

Excellent hotel - clean, spacious, large rooms , excellent...
    • Executive King Room

Excellent hotel - clean, spacious, large rooms , excellent breakfast - lovely foyer area Excellent location especially with a large supermarket opposite

Anniversary surprise
    • Executive King Room

Nothing it was all awesome

We came for our 2yr anniversary and Jacob went above and beyond to help me plan without my husband finding out.. He booked our dinner at The Towersof America and it was amazing.. He sent me text so my husband had no idea what was going on.. He gave me activites to do that were enjoyable so now my husband wants to return next month.. We have told everyone about this excellent service and wonderful time we had..

Loved our room the staff was very friendly and we loved our room
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I wished y’all had a normal sized coffee maker since it was a suite that’s the only problem

I loved the new update it was very beautiful and spacious I loved the spa tub it was very clean and beautiful I will book again with y’all thank you

The stay was great.
    • Executive King Room

Everything was great from the easy check-in/out, the friendly and knowledgeable staff, the comfortable bed,to the amazingly easy access to the free Wi-Fi!I was super impressed with the quality and variety of the buffet breakfast. An additional bonus was that the Riverwalk was a short walk from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

I really enjoy staying here.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like the breakfast(eggs were tasteless). Cook was extremely unfriendly and rude. My wife asked her for some orange juice and she replied “ I’m busy I will put more OJ once I’m done with what I’m doing”

I really enjoy staying here. Love the mattress it was excellent. Room was spacious.

Lovely clean hotel with large spacious rooms.
    • Executive King Room

My only complaint was there is a large gap under the door which means you can hear every time someone opens and closes thier door...I got woken up at 5:30am...the second night I put a towel at the door..problem solved..

Lovely clean hotel with large spacious rooms..The free breakfast is always an added bonus..There is a supermarket across the street that sells lots of meal options for the microwave as well as lots of salads and fresh fruit...If you like Mexican food there are restaurants in walking distance at the market place....The hop on bus is right outside, but we opted for the $6 cab ride to the Alamo, as you can easily walk to the riverwalk from there

Book your rooms, this is definitely worth it!!!
    • Executive King Room

We got teased with a really good room with a nice view, it wasn't our room we picked but then they fixed the problem. I would have liked for us to have get a room at the top floor with a front view like I requested, but overall everything was nice, i will definitely book with La Quinta from now on!

Breakfast was awesome!!

Good room and breakfast, needs proper plates,cutlery and cups for breakfast
    • King Room - Disability Access

Didn't like pets allowed, twice during our stay (bearing in mind we were mostly out) dogs urinated in the corridor. Poor soundproofing between rooms, had noisy neighbours on 2 out of the 3 nights, 1:30 in the morning!! Polystyrene plates, cups and plastic cutlery are not what we expected for breakfast. No recycling. This applies to everywhere we went in Texas.

Room facilities and size. Very clean and good breakfast

Clean and comfy
    • King Room - Disability Access

Amazing - great price and room was big and very clean. Bed was super comfortable. 15 minute walk to the Riverwalk. Parking If I ever go back to San Antonio, I will stay here again.

We would definitely stay here again

N/a

Loved the location and our room and I left an item in the room, called a few days later and my item was in lost and found, so I definitely appreciate the honesty

Great location for a tourist visiting San Antonio.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a fire alarm during our stay. The Fire Service and Police attended. General disinterest in the lobby. No announcements, no roll call, no attempt to evacuate from building, no directions to a fire assembly point. People continued to check in at front desk while both audible and visual alarms continued to sound. Not sure this would have occurred in UK.

Super clean and spacious room with modern contemporary decor. Comfortable bed, great nights sleep.

Good accommodation and friendly staff
    • Executive King Room

Good location. Across from a supermarket, where freshly made pizzas available. Short walk to the Alamo, Riverwalk etc. Room was clean and staff were very friendly.

Just spectacular!
    • Executive King Room

Unfortunately we had a loud couple next door that were arguing very late one of the nights during our stay. This was not the properties fault just wished it was a bit more insulated to muffle the noise.

The breakfast was great! I loved the choices given. The room was so spacious as well as the bathroom. The decor was just lovely. The bed was big and comfy with plenty of pillows. The maid service was great. They were so very attentive and polite. My husband and I just loved the location. We were able to walk every where with such ease. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next visit.

Exceeds excellence!
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

That I did not know about this hotel sooner!

The entire place was clean and neat. All was well organized and breakfast was superb! The staff was always friendly. The rooms were clean and looked (and felt) brand new! It is a walk from the Riverwalk but we had beautiful weather and we were happy to walk. The Historical Market though is right around the corner and HEB (with gas station) is directly across the street.

Overall a decent place for the money.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

A large family wedding party with lots of children staying at same time. Even so the noise was fairly minimal. It was a significant walk to downtown but the bus system and Uber made it accessible.

Spacious room with couch and chair. The price was right. Greatly more affordable than a hotel on River Walk.

New renovation - beautiful room overlooking pool area.
    • Executive King Room

New renovation - beautiful room overlooking pool area. Quiet but close to Market Square (a short walk) Large room and comfortable bed and furniture. Great way to start a short Texas vacation

• Executive King Room

Bathroom didn't have any air conditioning vent. Hot in there...

Very nice, clean, big room. At a great location. Great service. Great breakfast. Pet friendly. Pets stay for free....

Clean, easy access, close to the “action”
    • Deluxe King Suite

One MINOR thing- the scented spray in lobby was overwhelming. Hold your breath as you walk thru. Super minor issue.

Clean, easy access, close to the “action”

Overall the best hotel I’ve stayed at
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast could’ve been a little better. There wasn’t much to choose from. Eggs were too wet.

Room exceeded my expectations. Very clean. Nice staff. Bed was very comfortable.

The place and location is good. Breakfast is great.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Ecerytime you enter the room doesn’t smells good. It smells like wet clothes that’s been wet for a long time. Need to air out the room to removed the smell or carpet need good cleaning and drying.

Helpful staff

We really enjoyed our time in San Antonio.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevator was slow. It was faster for us to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs.

The room was very spacious. The breakfast was good with a variety of foods to pick from.

The bed was good and firm and the room comfortable and roomy.
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast was ok, but average, nothing to complain or praise about it.

The bed was good and firm and the room comfortable and roomy. The hotel is about 1/2 a mile from downtown, the River Walk and the Market, all within walking distance. You can take a bus at the corner, or the hop on/off close to the hotel.

In town for business. Place was perfectly located and had excellent wifi, and a warm breakfast ready
    • Executive King Room

Ice machine on our floor wasn't working so had to drop to another floor to fill. Elevator was slow at times but to be expected when place is packed.

Everything was clean. 10 minute walk to the river walk. Breakfast was good. The place was packed and they kept the food rolling in and coffee stocked and fresh. The oranges were excellent!

The room decor was amazing all the way around.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

There wasn't an indoor pool or hottub available. Also I would recommend having robes in the rooms to enhance the experience of a getaway. Just a suggestion that will exceed your guest expectation.

The room decor was amazing all the way around. The relaxation you get when you enjoy the spa tub very comforting. The view was outstanding and really capture the culture of the city.

Loved the location, perfect for your family getaway!
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

We did find a large bug in our shower while showering, the pillows were very uncomfortable, and we found a few blood spots on our sheets.

Breakfast was good, the location was perfect!! A few blocks from the riverwalk, the alamo, and you don't have to pay for parking at the hotel!!

Nice stay and very comfortable
    • Executive King Room

The housekeeping was hopeless. At no stage was it there before 4pm and one day not at all! We didn't bother for two days of our stay as it wasn't worth the aggravation of never knowing when and if they would turn up.

Loved the size of the room and the breakfast. The location was excellent.

Spacious room, nice staff, cleanliness, comfy beds,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Occasional problems with wifi in the room, but it worked perfectly in the lobby.

Spacious room, nice staff, cleanliness, comfy beds, beautiful lobby! Supermarket right next door, with fresh pizza served.

The inn was spotless. It appeared to be brand new.
    • Executive King Room

The inn was a little further away from venues than expected.

The property was very clean, staff was very helpful and nights were quiet, despite a full house.

Very pleased with staff and amenities.
    • Executive King Room

The bed was the worst bed we have EVER slept on. Two days later my back is still hurting. My fiancé complained of his neck and back as well.

Very pleased with staff and amenities. Room was beautiful and comfortable.

The room was very spacious for our famliy of 4.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevators were slow. The breakfast area was too small to accommodate everyone. The wait was a nightmare. It was a busy time for the area, so this wouldn’t prevent me from staying again.

The room was very spacious for our famliy of 4. The beds were very comfortable. Parking was very easy and the walk to Alamo was easy.

Had a wonderful stay. Would highly reccomend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The staff was excellent. They were very friendly and very helpful, The beds were very comfortable. Everything was so clean. The breakfast had allot of choices and was very tasty. Perfect for families.

Enjoyed our stay, great hotel!
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Extremely long elevator waits. Also, there was no hotel information in the room, a map of the hotel and/or a list of hours for the pool and breakfast would have been helpful.

The room was very clean and comfortable. We were on the top floor so we had a good view of the city and got to see an amazing sunrise. The staff at the check in desk and the snack area were very friendly.

Great service, beautiful rooms and lobby
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too much road work right in front of the building, hopefully it’s done soon. I’m definitely hoping to come back soon

Great service, beautiful rooms and lobby

Beds were comfortable, room was a great size.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast offerings could have been better for the price I paid.

Beds were comfortable, room was a great size. Breakfast was ok, nothing to get too excited about, but it was satisfactory. This was a little further away from the convention center than we thought, so we did a lot of walking. Fortunately the weather was comfortable.

We had wonderful experience for our anniversary. Would stay there again.
    • Executive King Room

Eggs were fake. Could be higher quality. Coffee was very bitter. Construction on road out front was noisey at night.

location was great. Hotel smelled clean everywhere. Nice staff. Great color choices. Relaxing room.

We had a executive suite on top floor during the week, loved...
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

A lot of construction going on , a long walk until you get to the heart of Riverwalk

We had a executive suite on top floor during the week, loved how big the room was for the money!

Loved the location and the nice big quiet room.
    • Executive King Room

Very easy walk to the RiverWalk, Market Square and the Alamo. The location was perfect. Also a very nice grocery next to the LaQuinta that sold artisan pizza and a great deli and liquor selection.

Great and comfortable hotel with shopping close by.
    • Executive King Room

The bed was comfy. The room was very clean. The fitness center was clean and had enough to get a good workout in. Hotel was within walking distance to market square and a short drive to the pearl.

Other than kinda cramped when we were sleeping, I loved staying there/here
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Full beds are kinda small for two adults to share

The breakfast and the ladies/gentlemen that cleaned the room were we were away (they did great and even folded our clothes for us 10/10 hospitality)

It was very nice and comfy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The only thing the quinta needed was an indoor pool.

breakfast was great but not long enough. I liked the time of day we were allowed to check in. Dropped off stuff and were able to go walk the town. The room was clean and nice. Very comfy.

The rooms were nicely remodeled.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was a longer walk than I expected to my meeting. Although having the grocery store across the street was nice. The breakfast was ok.

The rooms were nicely remodeled. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Lots of Familys were with their Pets in Hotel Reservation ...
    • Executive King Room

Lots of Familys were with their Pets in Hotel Reservation , that caused lot of disturbance. On top of that , there was False Fire Alarm in middle of the night and no Staff member communicated to Guest and showed any sort of courteousness or apology for the midnite disturbance. At least They should have extended their Morning Breakfast time in order to compensate the Sleep disturbance whole nite.

Very nice rooms, spacious and clean.
    • Executive King Room

The elevators are too old and they don’t work fast. Have to wait long. The tub is old and it doesn’t have water pressure.

Very nice rooms, spacious and clean. Very Good breakfast and lobby.

It was the best birthday weekend ever, and the room was more than i expected it to be!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

I would like to make a recommendation!! In the past, hotel rooms were equipped with a list of nearby restaurants and their numbers. I didn't like the fact that i had to get out of my pjs to request this info downstairs!

The thought of a full breakfast was huge for my husband!!

Enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Executive King Room

Wish they had the "Texas Pecan Coffee" as a selection for breakfast.

We were impressed with the lobby when we walked in with the glass fireplace, comfortable and welcoming furnishings. The staff welcomed us right away, helped us locate restaurants on the Riverwalk for dinner based on our preferences. Grocery store across the street was a bonus! We were close enough to the Riverwalk we didn't need to drive and figure out where to park. Hotel price more reasonable than the ones on the Riverwalk and the rooms were very nice.

We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort and friendliness. It was easy access by car.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

That we were not able to access wifi in our room. Also, there was no safe in the room to store valuables.

Lots of fruit! Variety of choices. Coffee and water available all day

Practical for our needs
    • Executive King Room

Not very flexible when it came to extending our stay, they wanted more money to stay in the same room, so we went next door.

Proximity to downtown whilst still offering free parking (please note though, we are British & a short walk is more than 50 metres!!! more like 15 mins)

I would definitely recommend this property to visitors!
    • Executive King Room

I was very pleased with this hotel. It has been years since I stayed at a La Quinta, and this property was in excellent condition! The staff was very friendly and breakfast was quite good. Parking was easy and the Riverwalk sites were very close.

Solid B...
    • Executive King Room

Someone did a very tasteless prank and pulled a fire alarm at 3am. Annoying to say the least, but I wish hotel provided some compensation which they didn't. Elevators are painfully slow though.

Really enjoyed our stay and no extra pet charge which is awesome!!

The rooms were quite spacious
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was offered until 9:30..when we walked down at 8:40 there was nothing left..ended up having a mufin and half a glass of orange juice.

The rooms were quite spacious

We would stay there again - thank you.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom could be a little cleaner. Showerhead had a leak which we covered with a washcloth (forgot to tell front desk).

Too cold for pool. Appreciated the breakfast. Ideal location for people who like to walk everywhere. Very comfortable beds. Made use of the fitness room on the one rainy day. Nice to have the market store right across the street. Easy access to public transportation.

Besides the curtain issue, we had a reasonable stay.
    • Executive King Room

My husband and I are light sleepers, the room we stayed was too bright at night, the curtains are not thick and long enough to block the street lights, we did not sleep well at the night we stayed

We like the location, it is easy to access from highway, and about 10 minutes walk to Riverwalk, the room is big.

Good value for what you pay.
    • Executive King Room

There is only one elevator and it is very slow. The bed was hard.

Nice & Clean. This property has been updated recently, you could still smell fresh paint in the stairwell.

Great stay
    • Executive King Room

Pet friendly hotel but some pets not friendly. We were up all night due to the dog in the room next door barking all night at anyone walking down the hallway. And it was not a little dog bark

Have always enjoyed our stays at la quinta.

Good place to stay and enjoy the city

Nothing important

Wide room and bathroom. All clean. Breakfast were enough. Easy to access from outside the city by car and easy to find a transportation to the downtown. Easy to walk a little bit, if you wish.

It's excellent.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

In website while booking it is mentioned that two rooms with double bed but we got single room with two beds, as we are two families we expected to have two rooms with in the same room with partition, but later staff helped to change room based on request. We would like to update that it confused us when room is allocated as it is single room where as we expected to have two rooms. Request you to share that information in upfront so that travellers won't confuse and disappoint.

Stay is good, stayed with family and child. Close and nearby to few of tourist places.

Great location and hotel
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location. Spacious clean rooms. Comfortable beds with lots of pillows. Excellent staff. Hotel looks new, bright and well maintained. Supermarket and pfs next door. Would highly recommend.