Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Westchase 3 stars

10850 Harwin Drive, Westchase, Houston, TX 77072, USA

#32 of 389 hotels in Houston

• King Room - Disability Access

Location was ok, I felt safe & comfortable. But it is surrounded by toll roads that are difficult if not impossible to avoid. Be prepared if going out of the Westchase area to pay constant toll fees.

Friendly Staff, Cleanliness of Room & Facilities, Very Accommodating.

The coffee was weak. Other breakfast foods seemed below par. Exiting the parking lot on Harwin could be challenging. Traffic noise is very annoying.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything from the price to facilities. Staff is very forthcoming. And a big THANK YOU to booking.com representative GABRIELLA, who responded immediately when I had to change the dates after I had checked in. She was quick and courteous.

Could have been more of a variety for breakfast.

Upon arrival at the service desk, Otha was very friendly in assisting with us with anything we needed. The bed was very comfortable, slept like I was at home.

Two of the employees, Otho and Vanessa, went above and beyond for us. We were in the area for medical reasons and they could not have been any more helpful, kind, polite, friendly! Was a joy to meet them. Only complaint we had at all, was my husband thought the bed was too soft.

• Executive Queen Suite

I reserved one room with three beds for our stay. I made the reservation a month ahead and indicated that we would be arriving late. They put us in a room with one bed and a horrible sleeper. They did comp us a free room, but we really wanted to be together.

The staff was helpful and courteous.

• Executive Queen Suite

There was nothing not to like. This property went above and beyond to accommodate our needs.

The staff was awesome. They were so courteous and made us feel right at home. The location was central to everything we planned to do. The room was specious and cleaned to satisfaction the whole 6 days we were there. We will book this location again in the future.

The shower could have been bigger but it worked out just fine.

The hotel looked brand new and clean from outside, to the lobby, to the bedroom. The bed was super comfortable and the room was very spacious. DirecTV included HBO channels which was nice and there was microwave/mini fridge. It was right off many main roads and interstates so it was very easy to get wherever we needed to. Staff was very helpful in finding nearby places to go to

• Executive King Room

Older room. Air conditioner little dated. Did not cool entire room. However the room was not extremely hot

Breakfast was great. Facility was clean. Staff friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast selection was so-so.

The hotel was clean, the room was comfortable, the bed was comfortable. The shower was hot. The lady at the front desk was so friendly, helpful and compassionate.

Houston traffic is intimidating and confusing to country people like we are, but we understand you have to put your hotels where the business is.

We always stay at La Quinta whenever it is an option. Your standards are hard to beat. The staff at this location exceeds any we have ever experienced. Thanks!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was very, very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was great. Customer Service exceeded expectations. Otha was very knowledgeable and helpful with all my needs. I will visit this La Quinta the next time I visit Houston.

The pre authorization hold on my Visa card, I was charged $1 and it held the cost of the room until I checked in and paid cash. I checked cash payment on my booking. All funds have been credited back to my card as of this morning. If I wasn't familiar with how different hotels may very in their policies, it would have upset me.

I liked the breakfast, just wish they would of had shredded Cheese for eggs. Orange juice was fresh, I loved it. Watched several good movies and ordered take out that was delivered. King bed very comfortable

Room

I had an important business meeting the next morning after I arrived. I got VERY LITTLE SLEEP! There were people partying across the hall, I had to call security at 2:30 am in the morning. The air conditioner was SO LOUD that I could barely get any sleep. The bed was not that comfortable either. The breakfast was okay. The staff was friendly. There were so many dogs in the hotel that weekend. The second night I asked for a different room, but they were sold out and I could not change rooms. I was disappointed, because I have stayed in a lot more nicer La Quinta Inns.

At 9 pm I had a maitenance man enter my room unannounced. He claimed he didn't know the room was in use. To top things off, the sheets were clearly not washed as there were brown crusty stains on them.

Breakfast left something to be desired. Not much choice. The property was in a funny part of town. Hard to find a place for dinner.

Bright and comfortable surroundings. Nice room.

• Executive Queen Suite

Completely clueless regarding second reservation and after three trips to the desk to a staff that clearly was uninterested in what we were doing woke me up at 10:30 at night to run my card.

The complementary internet (wifi) was not that great and sometimes dident work in the room.

The Hottub was nice. The free breckfast was good. It's a nice place,very clean.

• Executive Queen Suite

No variety for breakfast. We were there 4 days and basically the same thing every morning.

Staff was very friendly and helped us figure out the crazy toll roads in Houston! Room clean and plenty of room. Nice hot tub. Good breakfast. Definitely recommend this hotel and we would stay here again.

Couldn't have asked for better, they did a great job!!

The room service was excellent, the front desk was beyond helpful, breakfast was great & the bed was like a cloud. Over all it was a wonderful experience!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing that I didn't like.

The staff was the best. The breakfast was very good. Although, the week day selection was more extensive than the weekend selection.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleaning staff needed to pay more attention to the bedding. We found a roach in the room, but the manager comped the room w/o a problem.

Staff was awesome

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Executive King Room

This hotel is parked immediately next to very large, high voltage power lines. There were large transformers literally 10 feet away from the pool. The pool was like ice. My kids wanted to swim so badly after a long day in the car and were very disappointed.

Clean room with adequate space.

Not a lot of parking available. But glad that it was free.

Cleanliness, comfortable beds, good breakfast. The sausages were particularly good and didn't taste like rubber like they do at other hotels. Great value for the money. I would definitely book again.

Location poor in between 2 highways. Too noisy. Especially at night when car- and motorcycle races take place on the highway!! Like to see more attention at items running out at breakfast.

Bed's are good. Service friendly. Housekeeping good. Close to the places we wanted to visit.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Everything was fine

Great breakfast Friday morning, but less variety on Saturday. In all honesty, I did go to breakfast during the last 25 minutes it was offered, and the hotel was crowded Sat. I like that there are choices other than carbs and more carbs. Wonderful,friendly staff. Good for travelling with our dog, but need to refill poop bag station. Also would be helpful to have staff remind visitors where the pet areas are on check in. The site was clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is enough parking but it was poor because they let large construction trailers and trucks take up about 2/3 of one side of the lot and it made it difficult to maneuver, increased trash laying around, etc.

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Service was average to above average. Breakfast offered enough choices and it was average to above average in taste and portion.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The cups in the room were too small. The ice machine on the third floor was out of service. All hotel room doors slammed with a loud bang every time they closed, which was startling. On Friday night/early morning this was especially frequent. Breakfast had limited choices and everything needed to be reheated in the microwave. I suggest adding hard boiled eggs. Most of the food appeared to have high sugar and fat.

The front desk staff recommended a restaurant close by and it was good. The maids respected my requests for no room service for the duration of my stay. The staff honored my request for a top floor room out of the way of traffic and excess noise. The room was safe and private for a solo female.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn't know dogs were accepted and they were noisey. One towel seemed clean, but had a LOT of hair in bedded in the towel. Hotel was clean, but the hair issue made me sick.

Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Our room was clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast and was pleasantly surprised that the eggs were perfectly cooked and still got when I got them. It took a while to be able to make a waffle, but it was good.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Signs said "please take pet to designated area" Never saw it in 3 days. Was hard to get to from the highway.

Thought it had an indoor pool... it did not. Room was adequate by small.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Executive King Room

I understand the convience to some guest to have their pets in the hotel, but some of us are allergic to them, in my case very allergic. It would have been nice if I could have bought some eye drops or Benadryl at the hotel.

The breakfast was not the best, but it was okay, the room far exceeded my expectations.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Small problem. We had trouble turning off the television. The remote was not easy to figure out. Perhaps a small note about what the trick is to use it?

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Room lovely, quiet, very clean, bed very comfortable. Shower hot. Breakfast varied and delicious.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

There was nothing we didn't like we didn't find nothing to be frustrating at all.

From the moment we got there till the moment we left we felt comfortable welcomed.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no cheese for breakfast. In the room, the Air Conditioner was really loud - had to turn it off to be able to sleep.

Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. Free parking and WI-FI was great.

The plug outlets in the room weren't working but in the bathroom they did.

Clean, nice stay. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was perfect!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The most comfortable bed EVER! Otha (The receptionist) was more than amazing! Awesome location and everything was very clean. I am not from Houston so this experience was more than I can ask for.

• King Room - Disability Access

Didn't get a chance to have breakfast or coffee.

just ok

Everything was so clean. Great staff the breakfast was okay.

Very spacious clean room and property 👍🏾

Ned to improve on breakfast.

Front desk staff was courteous and helpful.

Overall everything

Breakfast, size of fridge, and late checkout.

No slippers provided.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location and clean comfy rooms

The internet connection was the main problem I had there. In my room there was no signal and I had to go to the breakfast area to use WiFi

Light switches in the room were oddly placed. Some fruits for breakfast were bruised pretty bad.

Giant bed and television, great staff, super clean.

Breakfast ending at 9am

Cleanliness and spacious room

Waters

I didn't eat breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

GPS stops short of correct directions.

Very clean and good location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

shower wasn't TOTALLY clean. (hair); breakfast sausage wasn't done enough and ran out of bacon.

cleanliness, friendly stafff and comfort

It was subpar.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was a PLUS!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The workers was very rude

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff is very friendly and helpful

I saw some hair in the washroom behind the door corner

Good size room for the money paid

Breakfast not so good at the weekend

This is great

The full course of the facility no complaints at all. 5 star 10 star 100 stars

facility

food

Everything was good to my satisfaction.

I like the location and the room was very good.

The Gym

Perfect place to relax

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the service was over all great

The first room has fleas and they moved us to another room.

Pillow and bed are comfortable.

There was nothing that I did not like about the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

smell of the room

the room had a strange odor.....the worker sprayed carpet but still did not remove the odor

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Parking has gates and a security guard at night. Convenient to the Ring Road. Close to the Houston Chinatown.

Bed like clouds

Very clean, room big, bed conformable

Very nice hotel

Staff clearing away breakfast before end of scheduled time - happened on several days

Hot shower, bed and pillows comfortable, breakfast good

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Really can't say anything bad

Front counter service help me with any question I need to ask.