Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Manassas 2 stars

6950 Nova Way, Manassas, VA 20109, USA

#6 of 18 hotels in Manassas

Bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The room was dirty. We asked if it can be cleaned and my husband was given cleaning supplies instead. Once he finished cleaning our room the white cloth that was given had turned Brown . The next day we received a call from front desk asking if we want our room cleaned and we said yes and this was at 1:30 in the afternoon. I told them that we was in the middle of getting ready for a wedding and can they come in a hour and we should be finished. So she puts me on hold for 2 minutes while she talks to someone and finally come on the line and says we won't have staff at that time but we will try. When I got back the room had been cleaned but that was my last time staying there. Wasted money on two nights . The beds are twin size beds not queen. Try sharing that with toddlers. Also bad mold smell that made me sick.

Property, location were great!

Nothing to complain about

Property, location were great! breakfast and staff were amazing! Staff was extremely professional!! You can tell LaQuinta hotels have invested money into their facilities and it has paid off. Love that pets are able to stay for free as well!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Staff, location, free breakfast & room was excellent

That i didn't get a chance to stay longer!

The breakfast was one of the best i had from a hotel stay. Everything was hot & fresh. The staff was very friendly. I arrived earlier(8 am) than normal check-in & the employee was still able to get me a room. Definitely will stay there again!

Good time in Gainsville
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

upon entering the room smelled a bit musky

great hotel, love the breakfast, close to jiffy lube venue and several great eateries, the dog walk area was ok

Very unhappy as I paid almost two hundred dollars
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

I had asked for king beds, we got two full beds. We also went for breakfast the next morning and they didn’t have anything left at 9:00. I was very unsatisfied with the room and food

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I'll be back next time I need a room in the area.

Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, muffins, coffee all was very nicely done. The room was very clean and the bed was comfy. Shower had good water pressure. The location was right where I needed it to be.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

If your ever looking for a place to stay don’t underrate La Quinta it’s a fantastic place to stay

Nothing it was awesome

Everything was completely clean, the staff was amazing and always so friendly, definitely would recommend to everyone and will definitely stay here again

Staff was extremely friendly, breakfast bar was clean and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

There was a hair on the sheets to the bed when we turned them down. The toilet did not flush, called the front desk they sent someone up they got it to flush and said it was fixed but it done it again later that evening. I didn't not call back to complain.we checked out early the next morning. I had one child who wanted to swim when we arrived at 3pm but the pool was closed when we got there and was closed all after noon that we were there.

Staff was extremely friendly, breakfast bar was clean and nicely stocked.

Wasn't worth what it cost.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

MY ROOM was super cold at check-in so I turned the air off. Not horrible, except for when I wanted it back on, it never came on. I didn't realize how bad it was until I left my room. THE POOL may as well had been outside with the mosquitos. There was a red substance on the floor by the emergency-call phone that the manager insisted was caulking. I've never seen red caulking, but ok. We left. Didn't return.

The staff was the best part. At least the ones that were able to communicate with us. Issues that we did bring up were addressed with courtesy and kindness. The complimentary breakfast was decent. The beds were decent. Towels and beds were clean. Quick drive to our POI - Splashdown Waterpark, Udvar-Hazy Center and Dulles Expo Center.

I was traveling with my 5 yr old visiting my 6 month old...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was traveling with my 5 yr old visiting my 6 month old granddaughter and I invited them to swim in the pool because it was raining for three days and the pool was out of service for my last two days there - which upset my 5 yr old

Served coffee and tea all day long

Pool very small - I also don’t suggest you have breakfast here, they do not have kitchen (breakfast food is frozen they just warm it up in the microwave).

Served coffee and tea all day long

Restaurants nearby within walking distance.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit Moldy smell in the air, has to turn on ac to get the smell off

Restaurants nearby within walking distance. Very friendly staff at the front desk

A business trying to accommodate people by providing the absolute minimum service.

.the bed was not supportive. The clerk informed me that the laundry room was on the 2nd floor (near our room). This was one of the primary reasons for choosing this property. Both the washer and dryer had Out of Order signs on them.. The clerk stated that she didn't know about it and that there was a laundromat 5 traffic lights down. It was actually 10 traffic lights down and wasn't what I expected to do after an 8 1/2 hour drive. To say that the breakfast was unappetizing would be an understatement. Let it suffice to say that when I informed them that the scrambled eggs were "cold" they offered to warm them in a microwave. I don't mean that they weren't hot........they were refrigerator cold. I declined and didn't bother with breakfast there the second day. The front desk people were very young and not very knowledgeable. The young lady said she didn't drive and couldn't give us any information pertaining to suggestions for places to go for dinner etc. Fitness room was a joke. Don"t bother putting one in if you aren't going to provide a decent variety and quality equipment.

The location was good......easy access to main roads. The room was ok...indoor pool was a nice touch but I didn't see anyone utilizing it.

Good place to stay for a night for a wedding in Manassas

There could’ve been more towels in the room. The shower controls were wonky, which was a bummer. The thermostat for the hotel lobby was in the area right at the two doors at the front, so it was insanely hot and reeked of chlorine from the pool. But it wasn’t a life or death thing for us.

The mattress and pillows were very comfortable, and the check in was lovely. Parking was very easy, too.

Passable.

The major problem was the serious scratches on the frame of the mirror. This hotel was pet friendly and I have allergies and I was concerned that there may have cats in the room. The mirror frame's scratches and the staff's explanations did not reassure me. I itched. Some of the locations seem under renovation. I was told that there was no ice maker on my floor. There was an ice maker on the floor but it didn't work and was hidden behind a panel of wood. It seemed under staffed. I also had to slide my passkey 3 times each time I need to enter my room before the door unlocked.

The room was cleaned. The pool was good. Free breakfast as promised. You get what you pay for.

Great hotel for the price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check your bed linen once you enter your room. One of our beds had hair on it and looked like someone was sleeping on it before. The staff was very helpful with this issue and fixed it.

The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good, the room was large and clean, easy drive from hotel to metro station.

Would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast could have been a little better. Water was warm and it was kind of messy

This was an awesome hotel, great price friendly staff and clean room

Excellent value for a clean, comfortable, attractive, well managed facility.

The soundproofing between rooms could be better.

The hotel and room were clean and smelled fresh. Nice indoor pool. Hot breakfast was very good, nice selection and constantly replenished. Mattress was very comfortable and shower was hot with good pressure. Staff were well trained, efficient and friendly. Even though the outside of the hotel was having some fascia work done, it was done in a way that caused minimal inconvenience to guests. We got a king size bed for $99. The room was not enormous, but it had everything we needed...a desk, comfortable chair, refrigerator and microwave. Great value.

Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Should have asked for replacement pillows-they were generally large, firm.

Comfortable bed. Quiet. Good breakfast-eggs, sausages, fresh fruit. Best coffee I've ever had, period.

It was acceptable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

We were supposed to get a handicap accessble room, but there was a toilet issue in the we reserved and we had to take a standard room.

housekeeping was very polite and helpful

I feel customer service has gone down since last year in reception and breakfast area.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Did ownership chgn?1st visit,Aug'16,like heaven.Not 1 neg'tv thing to say.2nd visit, Feb'17,ran out of coffee,things not run as smooth in breakfast area.3rd visit,Dec'17, same prob+no milk last 2 days of stay. Sometimes it is the little things that bring you back to a place even though it may not be the most convenient place to stay. Once they're gone, no reason(for me)to go out of my way.

The room-cleanliness, comfort, the location and ease of check-in.

Excellent staff.
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

Was advertised as 599 sq ft, but only 300 sq ft executive king. Was upgraded to a suite for free upon asking, so adequately compensated.

Excellent staff. Pool very clean and warm.

Enjoyed our stay and would stay at this LaQuinta again.
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

We had trouble with our room keys not working

Friendly staff, clean rooms, morning breakfast, pet friendly. I did not get a chance to use the indoor pool or fitness center but both were clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

May be better after construction

They were doing construction on the building and on the side I was on. It was very noisy and the machines from the construction was up and going by 730 every morning. So I never got to sleep in each morning.

Easy drive from hotel to metro station. Enjoyed the coffee that was always available, especially since it was so cold outside.

Good food, the staff was very courteous,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff members were very courteous, yet all looked like the came from punk rock bands with the earrings and tattoos. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not the most professional image. 6/10

Good food, the staff was very courteous,

The facility even though they are doing some renovations we...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing to complain about here.

The facility even though they are doing some renovations we didn’t hear any noise and were very comfortable. Our dogs were able to stay with us in a nice and clean room not smelling of other pets. The staff was always happy and willing to answer any questions I️ may have had. The breakfast was excellent!!

We had a king suite which was overall good and we would book there again.
    • King Suite

1. There was only one desk person on a Friday night and while we were checking in a very upset client came in and started berating the poor desk clerk! The situation got settled eventually (and I stuck around of course so clerk wouldn’t be alone and tried to help defuse the anger) but serisously, no one should be left working alone at a hotel on a weekend night. The very young clerk was polite and professional but the whole thing was quite upsetting and initially I had my phone ready to dial the police if it escalated anymore... As a side note...come on people...it’s not the desk clerks fault your reservation that you booked online is screwed up. 2. We stayed two nights. The second day we left at 8am to meet family and got back to the hotel after 5pm...and our to still hadn’t been cleaned. Come on... We had a baby with us so at that point just grabbed additional towels from staff in hallway.

Great variety in the included breakfast buffet including scrambled eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, mini muffins and other carbs, etc. plenty of choices!

Amazing for travelling with pets!!
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

My room could have been held to a higher standard of cleanliness. Happily, the cleaning staff does a wonderful job of removing any traces of pets having stayed in the room previously, but there were a few easily removable stains on the carpet that made me think twice about the cleanliness of my room overall. Because of this, I found it a little more difficult to relax.

La Quinta offers a great boon to those travelling with pets, especially large dogs, which many hotels do not accept. Their open pet policy has made trips with pets easy that otherwise could have been rather impossible. Thank you, La Quinta. The staff is also always wonderful, at this location especially. I really appreciated the modern decor at this particular hotel, as well as the complimentary hot breakfast. The bed was also extremely comfortable. After a long drive, I was so happy to finally arrive at the hotel. My room was well appointed and the staff was so friendly and welcoming.

The stay was okay. I would have definitely looking to spend more money to find a better place next t

My wife was in the middle of getting her breakfast and the attended just stopped her and told her it’s over and kicked her our. The shower in the room was squirting out at the showerhead and over the shower curtain to get the floor wet.

Booking on booking.com

hotel is located right off the highway near lots of shopping...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

there was a strange smell in the lobby of the hotel and every time the AC kicked on in our room, there was a bad odor.

hotel is located right off the highway near lots of shopping and restaurants.

Loved it, will always try LA Quinta first.

Parking a little cramped but expected for truck and 22' trailer I was hauling.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Carpet was so clean you could go barefoot in the room which I rarely do.

Adequate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast ended before the scheduled time. The fellow on duty was rather insipid - not great, not awful, just like putting in his time.

The location was excellent and strategic based on our plans.

We were only there for a very short time. It was fine for a short stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The room was clean I wish they had two queens instead of fulls that made sleeping difficult. Front desk Staff upon arrival was not friendly at all. Lobby and front area very small to stand when a lot of people are there. Hallways smelled awful. Rooms smelled better.

Close to lots of stores and jiffy lube live.

The hotel was fully booked when we came in and too much...

The hotel was fully booked when we came in and too much noise from other guests. The complimentary breakfast was almost gone when we got there. Staff tried their best to accommodate everyone but some guests were inconsiderate when it comes to filling up their plate.

there was a selection of pillows and both the bed and...

Somewhat difficult to get our room next to other family members we were travelling with even after we had requested it early on. Room keys for each of our rooms had to be continuously reset each time we left the room - very frustrating.

there was a selection of pillows and both the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast selection was ample.

We were celebrating my college graduation, so all and all it was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was not spectacular. The eggs looked terrible and the meat was just rolled up deli ham. The pool water was freezing and I couldn't enjoy it. I booked my stay there because they had an indoor pool, but I could've spent my money somewhere else. There was a family with 5 or 6 children that arrived on our second night and they were loud when they walked in the door. They ended up being on top of us and they ran, ran, and yelled. I went to the front desk and he didn't care. I was irritated at that point and couldn't wait for my stay to be over.

The room was nice and spacious for my family of 4. Would've liked a little separation from the sleeping area, as other Hyatt properties have but overall it was good.

Great accomodations, great location and friendly staff. I would stay here again.

There was not enough lighting in the dog walk area in the back of the building for night-time walking.

The eggs were too crumbly, but ok. The rest of the food was great. The AC and fridge was not working properly, so I was upgraded to a suite at no cost to me. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Average hotel/stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we checked into was dirty! The bed was unmade and the sink was soaking wet with towels on the bathroom floor. The Front Desk gentleman was very accommodating and helped with the room situation quickly. We did get an upgrade to a new room but there were a ton of centipedes in the bathroom! Luckily we were in and out and did not need to stay long.

The bed was comfortable! Breakfast was nice in the AM

Dogs across from my sisters room barking all day.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Dogs across from my sisters room barking all day. Told front desk but not much was done, it happened again. Tough sleeping, I booked 4 rooms for three days and only one had a bad experience.

Great spot, rude staff

Apparently the card I have stored in the booking app had expired but the booking went through anways. I recieved a call the afternoon of my stay by a very rude staff member. She did not kindly ask for my card number, she told me that my card was declined and if I didn't give her another card number "right now" that my reservation would be cancelled. "I'm driving at the moment" ... "I can wait until you pull over" she responded impatiently. I was on my way to a very important meeting and had to pull off the interstate to give her a new card number. I understand the need for a valid card, but courteously and manners should come standard in the hospitality industry.

The room is clean and comfortable, it is also a good location for me.

Sheets were not clean - there was hair in the bed.

Sheets were not clean - there was hair in the bed. No soap provided, even to wash your hands, I have never seen this before. One of the towels had a make up stain on it as well. Breakfast was ok but everything was plastic, even the cutlery, which made it had to eat are they were not of good quality.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The room was clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could have a better selection of TV channels - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Investigative Discovery

The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. WiFi was fast.

Really dissatisfied customer

No hot tub , no sweets to buy in office area. (Not even a candy bar ) had to cross street to find convience store to find what I wanted . On the day we left we came down to breakfast at 9:30 to find no food and we weren't the only ones complaining . There was some bread and fruit and that was about the extent of it . Not a happy camper and will never stay there again . When we voiced our concerns the manager was less than accommodating. He was too busy to listen to us .

It was on a nice location, the building looked very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The AC seemed to either be too warm or too cold.

It was on a nice location, the building looked very "fresh", and near store if we had forgotten anything from homr.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great all around!

NA

Everything was very nice. The location was convenient to everything we wanted to do. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Our Virginia Stay
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was great every morning. Kids had a great time in the pool. Easy access to I-66 and surrounding area. Extremely close to Manassas battelfield.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Restful Day Trip

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff was nice and knowledgeable about the area, the breakfast was really good, and the hotel/room it self was clean. We are actually planning to come back here next month.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Very convenient to Manassas Battlefield Park

Fitness center equipment broke down while we were using it on first day. Our room, while attractive, felt a bit cramped, especially around the sink area.

Great location: just off the main, busy highway, very close to Manassas National Battlefield Park, which is what we came to visit. A good fitness center till it became out of order on our second day. Excellent housekeeping, attractive decor. Pleasant enough breakfast area. Enjoyed the whirlpool after a long day's drive!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The staff was friendly and accomdating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I understand the use of powered eggs, but these were really bad. Maybe an off brand? But, wow. The sausage was equally as horrible ... I wouldn't expect the best but the breakfast was really horrible, sorry.. No towels in the pool area, and the play pen/crib had all kinds of stains. C'mon!

The staff was friendly and accomdating.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Not good for the indoor pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool and pool area were freezing cold and the staff count not turn off the air conditioning to that room. We chose the hotel specifically for the indoor pool. The cold pool aND pool area made the stay less enjoyable.

The room was so comfortable and the location was perfect. Lots to do in the area.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The desk clerk Dulce was quite helpful

The closet doors in my room were broken and barely hanging on making me concerned that they would fall on top of me while I was sleeping.

The desk clerk Dulce was quite helpful

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

It was an excellent stay.

The staff were amazing friendly and helpful.

Good location, clean, nice helpful staff.

Good location, clean, nice helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Comfortable, quiet and helpful staff

Comfortable, quiet and helpful staff

great labor day weekend

Great location, good night's sleep, nice clean room, good breakfast

If we need to stay in the Manassas area, we will revisit this hotel.

The room was spacious and clean!

The indoor pool was a huge plus!
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

The indoor pool was a huge plus!

It was ok.

It was very noisy and could not sleep. The room also smelled musty.

The manager at the desk was friendly and helpful. Close to our destination.

Great hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great hotel! Great location! And friendly staff!

Would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom a bit or of date and could have been a bit more clean.

Clean, pretty rooms. Breakfast.

Staff

The sheets felt a little over worn

Staff

Very nice

....:

...

Good room , better priced on their website , was overcharged on booking.com ,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charged for smoking in the room when I am not even a smoker

Good breakfast

Hotel was clean and comfortable.

Pool heater was broke

Hotel was clean and comfortable.

Newer so was clean and not shabby
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

The room furniture was actually very stiff and not particularly comfortablew

Newer so was clean and not shabby

The room smelled amazing

The room smelled amazing

Good experience for the money

Size of the beds

Cleanliness

Quiet, comfortable place to stay. Pets stay free!

Quiet, comfortable bed, nice towels, very clean grounds, ok breakfast. Pets stay free was a bonus.

The staff was courteous and excellent customer service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathrooms need a little retouch but overall everything was good for the money you pay.

The staff was courteous and excellent customer service.

Satisfied on Manassas

Nothing gear place

The girl workng the front desk was a very hard worker, have is directions to good restaurant, was great host

We did not miss home

The staff was very nice

I would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The floors between levels are not thick enough for people just walking around

Breakfast was awesome everyday

Loved everything about the hotel

Cleanliness

Room was not the best. Shower was separated from the floor room smell moldie
    • King Room - Disability Access

The person at the front desk

Overall great place to stay!
    • Executive King Studio with Sofa Bed

The hotel was awesome! The beds were very comfortable! Convenient to many restaurants, shopping and close to interstate.