Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford 3 stars

135 Harvard Avenue, Stamford, CT 06902, USA

#13 of 15 hotels in Stamford

Great Hotel
    • Queen Room

The TV didn't work good and pool wasn't open because of a service issue.

The room, price was good and location was great,room was well keep, breakfast was ok

It was a nice stay but the bathroom could have been cleaner
    • Queen Room

The bathroom was a bit questionable. There were towels unfolded on the hook behind the door. We placed them on the floor because they may have been used. Later the 2nd day we asked a housekeeper to clean the room while we were out. We came back several hours later & the room had not been serviced. Not the end of the world, but we requested it. The hotel is nice but there are no real views in the area of that's what you are looking for. We just wanted to get away from the city & its hustle and bustle so it worked for us. A small fridge & microwave would be a nice added addition to the rooms.

The staff was friendly & knowledgeable about the area. They told us where to find the movie theater and strip mall The restaurant had good food with reasonable prices.

The staff were all very nice and helpful.
    • Queen Room

The building was humid, even in the room with the air conditioner running (a/c worked fine for cooling). Wouldn’t keep me from staying here again, though. The floors are uneven - maybe it’s just the 7th floor where our room was, since I didn’t go elsewhere to see. Walking down the hall was like walking over small undulating hills. Just weird, but seems not to be a critical structural issue as the place was still standing when we left in the morning.

The staff were all very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, which is really all I need. The Stamford Diner is attached to the hotel so we didn’t have to go far for dinner.

Horrible....they ripped me off
    • Queen Room

I booked a smoking room....get there give my credit card an ID. They give me a room key. I check out the next day I check my bank account they charged me $250 extra for smoking in the room. Then tell me because it was a non smoking room. How am I to know if I don't work there. Horrible horrible

Cleanliness

will not stay there in future
    • Queen Room

We had a horrible stay. Laundry was out of order. Free breakfast area was flooded and took 3 days with large blowers to dry the area out so eating was done in the hall. Staff did not know how to get message from the telephone. Housekeeping was very rude and would not do the room up on request.

WiFi was OK

Needs improvement
    • Queen Room

Needs better maintenance also needs outlet in office kiosk that customers can fax out for a fee or pay complimentary minimum fees.

Excellent reliable Wi-Fi, excellent parking , and closer to all.

The breakfast was simple but adequate,the bed was...
    • Queen Room

The room was not cleaned the day before we left, I had to take the dirty towels and wash cloths to the desk for clean ones You can hear heavy truck and car traffic on the highway side of the hotel

The breakfast was simple but adequate,the bed was comfortable,the front counter staff were wonderful

Stamford Diner is on premises with a great bar and...
    • Queen Room

It's definitely an older hotel that has been renovated, and has that old hotel smell when you go down the hallways.

Stamford Diner is on premises with a great bar and knowledgeable bartender. Location just off Exit 6 is a plus, and even though we had a room on the interstate side, it was quiet.

It was ok.

See above

There was no ramps to allow any accessibility to roll a suitcase or my cooler. This was a real baffling situation. Also, no refrigerator or microwave in the room.

We booked two rooms because we were traveling with kids.

We booked two rooms because we were traveling with kids. The kids room smelled like a dog was in there and the bathtub was clogged. Maintenance never came after numerous calls to the front desk. I spoke to the manger and he said I was going to get a refund, yeah right! $17.25 on a room that cost almost $100/night is NOT a refund!!!!! Overall, it was pleasant. The breakfast was your standard continental breakfast and the kids enjoyed the pool.

over all good price for quick one night stay.
    • Queen Room

No Lotion in guest rooms, Shower curtain was too short, water would get all over the floor if not careful.

One night stay, left early morning, good size breakfast, nice swimming pool.

So SORRY

It was in a run down industrial area. The hotel was run down. No chair and floor lamp in the corner like all chain hotels have. Toilet was loose and moved when used. No luggage rack. They did not clean the room. I had to go to the desk to ask for trash removal fresh towels etc. Very loud guests with multiple people in rooms with screaming kids teen age boys sitting on the floor at all hours looking at their phones. The front desk was very good at saying they were sorry. I had to go there so often to ask for them to do their job. Won't go back.

Great dinner attached to the hotel. A little pricey though but above average food.

Not impressed at all

Beware. This hotel has smoking rooms! We didn’t specify non-smoking and were given smoking which was also the last available room. Cleanliness was fair. There was a broken bureau in the room on which the drawers wouldn’t stay shut. Breakfast was fair.

Easy to get on the road and drive away
    • Queen Room

Toilet made soft flushing sounds very often. Toilet paper located in awkward location behind toilet. Grab bar also in location near toilet.

Pleasant smell each day after maid service.

It was connected to the Stamford diner
    • Queen Room

It was very dirty..the toilet was broken, the bedding was not clean. The room smelled very musty. Definitely will not be staying there again

It was connected to the Stamford diner

wasn’t impressed

bathroom & shower were very dirty. beds were very loud & creeky. lady working the front desk gave us wrong information.

nearby to lots of things.

Horrible
    • Queen Room

CAnnot sleep , the rooms are right next to the express way and you can hear the roar all throughout the night , even in your car you can sleep better

Nothing really , I when I checked in into the room , they gave me a room and I found out that someone else was staying in the room after I went inside the room , luckily nobody was there , but the room had towel , shoes , dresses lying all over the room.. The next room was exactly the same kind of room but cleaned up room .. and was there right next to the express way

Would reserve a room on my next trip
    • Queen Room

Sadly the interiors including corridors and area around the front desk need serious updating. Your permanent residents kept setting off the smoke detectors which also need upgrading.

Bed was comfortable. Room very clean because of housekeeper Gabriela.

I love the establishment but customer service requires higher standards.
    • Queen Room

The front desk girl who works the late shift, who checked me in was extremely rude. She did not say hello when I walked in nor did she pull herself away from what she was doing to greet me. She did not lookup at me once except when she was sticking it to me. She denied everything I reserved online which was double beds, on the top floor, smoking room with a balcony. She gave me a single bed, 2nd Floor, no balcony, no smoking etc. Not only did I, but she also confirmed that it was available. However she was not willing to put me in that room. My guest / co worker slept in the chair because 2 guys feeling uncomfortable in the same bed. She stated that my room had a fridge and microwave that other rooms did not have. 2 things I did not request. Extremely frustrating after traveling for hours and working all day. She definitely enjoyed herself. Shame, it was going to be my regular spot.

Close to the highway, close to the train station, Continental breakfast until 10 am. (later than usual), attached to a really good diner if you wake up past 10am, 12pm checkout (later than usual), balcony rooms and smoking rooms available. Heated indoor pool that was clean! Great Spot!!!

It's an ok place.
    • Queen Room

Room cleaning, less (towels, soap,shampoo,conditioner). The reception area is could, exiting the sweeping pool is risky with all the could coming from the main entrance, and the pool water temperature is not that great. Poor gym. Thank you

Breakfast employee, this lady is awesome, great us everyday with a smile and try to make as have a nice a peaceful breakfast. Thank you.

Our stay at La Quinta was very nice.
    • Queen Room

The key cards did keep deactivating. We had to go to the front lobby multiple times to reactivate them. We were told after our stay that they deactivate when near a phone or bank card.

We liked everything, especially the mirrors, staff, and the cleanliness. We enjoyed having a microwave and a mini-refrigerator in our room as well. It was a good size for a room.

Good! Staff at checkin was nice
    • Queen Room

Dog friendly But propert was horrible needed trees or grass area.. no place to walk dog or chill and smokers smoked next to Doors- I’m allergic AC was way to cold then hot to hard to figure out how to use- I left my home in bedford due to no heat here I froze then burned up lol

Resteraunt was overpriced and not too welcoming delivery guy was nice to return when after $48 on a burger carrot cake and burger fries they cooked wrong he came back nice delivery guy but blond manger not so kind

Rest stop heading Northbound
    • Queen Room

Parking was a bit tight.

Location was right off the freeway. Breakfast was ok, and was good enough for a quick bite. There is a restaurant on location if you want to grab diner food. Place is pet friendly.

Martha was very rude this is a smoking facility and was very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Martha was very rude this is a smoking facility and was very rude at the front desk when I came to the desk smelling like cigarettes very verbally bias

The staff is great but the hotel needs a deep clean.
    • Queen Room

The property was old and looked like renovations stopped 10 yrs ago. The room was dirty : chair caked in dirt, moldy shower curtain, backed up shower, warping onon the walls.

The attached restaurant was good and the staff excellent.

Try somewhere else if you can

Pretty ghetto. Homeless camp in woods next door. Staff referred to one rifling through garbage in the parking lot as a regular. Staff was somewhat friendly but unprofessional. I did not feel safe. Would not stay here without my husband. Couches in lobby area were badly worn and very dirty.

Room was clean

It was not bad, you get what you pay for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The pool was closed! I was advised after I checked in! Considering that's why I booked the room I was upset.

Amenities/price is the reason I booked this hotel

Disgusting

Dirty hallwayrugs, bathroom sink, tub did not drain. Coffee terrible did not eat anything . Overall this hotel should be demolished. Luggage cart was filthy. I’ll never stay there again. I visit relatives in the area and will find another hotel. Would definitely not recommend this hotel.

Bed

Overall the customer service was good the lady at the front desk was extremely nice.
    • Queen Room

The pool being so warm, it was nice but at one point i loved just being out to feel the fresh air because it was a little too warm. Also the location of the pool just being so open in the front door just made it weird for my little family to enjoy. Since everyone that came in to the hotel would just stare at us.

The diner being right downstairs was great because after the pool we were starving and didnt want to take the baby out because we didnt want him to get sick.

Well Needed
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the fact I had to go downstairs to warm up my food the room should've had a microwave for convenience.

I like the location and the friendliness of the staff that made my stay comfortable.

Won't stay here again, not happy
    • Queen Room

Room was way too small, Bathroom was no clean and very small, room card would not work had to keep going up and down stairs 4 times to the front desk to have them fix the card, before demanding someone to come up with us to let us in our room. Breakfast area was not clean and staff working in there was not helpful or nice so we left and had to buy breakfast.

How close it was offthe highway

Staying in NYC for a decent price.
    • Queen Room

They make you pay to park your car in the hotels parking lot. No Bathtubs in any of the rooms, only showers.

It was close to my Family in the Bronx and it was right next to the bridge that takes you right into Manhattan in 2 minutes.

Great stay, especially close to where we needed to go.

Breakfast wasn’t amazing. Add some meat/protein to the menu! The laundry situation a big issue. The dryer was broken and took .75 more money from me but kept spitting out a quarter but not starting at all. The maintenance man spoke zero English and the front desk lady said the machines weren’t covered under the hotel. So I had to find a laundromat in the area; gas, $5.00 laundry card fee for a card I will NEVER use again and 2.5 miles)

The staff was amazing. Very helpful and accommodating. Friendly as well. They answered all of those pesky tourism questions!!

My visit was fantastic beyond words...kudos to your staff.

NA

* your excellent, polite, friendly....etcof your staff....at the desk- fantastic....as well as the staff member who checking the breakfast table foods...she was exceptional....in so many ways.

I will definitely be staying at the La Qunita again!

I didn't like how the bathroom was set up the door was too close to the sink you could barely get out without having to open the entire door. By the time we went to the pool it wasn't heated like the staff said but that could be our fault cause we went there a little later in the night. Didn't like how the window didn't open so we could get on the mini balcony.

The room was a decent size, the pool was awesome, the breakfast was slamming(they had a waffle maker!), the staff was nice, easy check in, and it was gret parking, loved that the room had a microwave, loved the restaurant/bar connected to the hotel

Perfectly decent hotel, with a pool, small gym and breakfast, represents value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Cleaning could have been better. Hotel rooms tired now even given the value accommodation it is.

Value accommodation and reach New York in one hour by train.

The room was dirty and bathroom had stains .

The room was dirty and bathroom had stains .. the AC didn’t work room was extremely wa . I️ didn’t complain down stairs becaisenwas there for a conference in nyc

Won't be back
    • Queen Room

Very commercial oriented. A ton of trucks in the parking lot. Felt very old, depressing. Seemed like it could easily be an SRO.

Price, proximity to where I needed to be.

OVERALL, my stay was comfortable.

There was an overwhelming scent of marijuana in the hall on my floor. It was coming from two of the guest rooms. There were nats in my shower.

The property is right off the highway. My stay was comfortable for the money. I was happy

Great. I am coming back soon.

Front desk was helpful but could have been more Welcoming. Ex. Welcome to LA Quinta inn and thanks for choosing LA Quinta inn.

I did not know what I was gonna get. I was pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room.

the staff lied to me about the free breakfast.

the staff lied to me about the free breakfast. I was told it was from 6:00 am to 10:00 am. when I go to breakfast at 9:15 am I was told that the breakfast schedule was already finished.

Very disappointing .Will not book through your company again if this is what you endorse.

Room was VERY dirty. Thick layer of dust over bed head boards. Large stains on carpeting. big stain on ceiling probably from previous leak. Glass shelf in bathroom had toothpaste marks from previous occupant. thick dirt in corners of bathroom floor. Rust stains on bathroom wall from faucet drips.

Needs serious updating!
    • Queen Room

Guest in the hallway were loud and inconsiderate during the late night hours ( 1 am to 2:30am). The hotel needed a unserious update especially in the bathroom. The sink was tiny and the toilet was loose on the floor and mounted on a angle . Not the quality that I expected for the price I paid which was $102.00 for the night. His hotel is equivalent to a super 8 or motel 6 !

The location was convenient for our road trip.

Very enjoyable, excellent value
    • Queen Room

Some aspects could be updated

Very much liked pool, good temperature My daughter enjoyed making waffles at breakfast! Had microwave and especially fridge great to have in the room.

Fine for our purpose. Bed was comfortable and sheets were clean and crisp. excellent diner on-site.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom was smelly which when we complained to the front desk they acknowledged that is an issue with that room. They did offer to move us but since we had adjacent rooms with our mother and they could not guarantee the same for her we decided to stay. Overall, the room was fine for the one night stay and affordably priced ($95) but it is very evident that this is an old hotel and in need of extensive renovations..

Free parking, very close to highway. Diner on premises had great food. Very friendly young lady who checked us in and out. Diner offers 10% discount with room key and the aforementioned front desk staff member gave me a key for that discount even though I had just checked out.

It was an ok room ,clean
    • Queen Room

I have asthma it's very hard for me to climb stairs ,and you have to take stairs up to the 1st floor to get to the elevator . Another thing is no refrigerator in the rooms .

It was an ok room ,clean

The behavior of the ladies at the reception desk was...
    • Queen Room

The behavior of the ladies at the reception desk was unacceptable and understandable. We didn't find any explanation for that The room's windows are not isolated to protect against cars noise o

If you don't care about comfort or cleanliness then this is the place for you.

Everything could of been better. The room smelled old and musty. Cents were filled with mold. The bed had a broken frame. It kept sinking in. Worst sleep I have ever gotten. Carpet was stained. I've staid at other hotels and this is by far the worst. Never again.

It was convenient and close to were I wanted to be.

It would be unfair to rate much of anything as we checked in...
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

It would be unfair to rate much of anything as we checked in, went to a function, slept and departed before breakfast. Our stay was based on location and price and for those two items this hotel is easy to reccomend.

cross night stay

fair enough

this is 3 star hotel, fair enough for cross night stay, friendly staff, safe place, cleaned bathroom, simple breakfast, reasnoble price, room equiped with ref. and microwave

So far, best place I've stayed at through booking.com...

We were on the floor where they were treating mold... Kind of uncomfortable to see the sheets outside the doors but also reassuring they were getting it taken care of...

The pool, the access to the restaurant

Nicely kept location
    • Queen Room

Crew refused to open the pool after 10pm, even though we asked them really nicely, explaining them why we could not arrive earlier

Nicely kept location

Bed was comfy, room was fine, breakfast was good. Only negative was the trash in the hallway.
    • Queen Room

When we got off the elevator to go to our room (late at night on a Saturday) there was a pile of clothes, shoes, paper bags, and trash, in the corner of the hallway near the elevator. It looked as if a homeless person had been squatting and evicted, and no one picked up the trash.. We told the desk clerk about it....

Waffles at breakfast, and all the items at breakfast, were good.

Overall, good

Our bathroom floor was not clean. I left housekeeping a note after the 1st night.....no change....left a note the second night....no change. Very dissapointed.......surely you must have brooms or dust brush and pan. Should not have found it that way, but never should have had to complain twice. Also complained to front desk.

large enough, comfortable, liked having the fridge and micro

AVOID!!

Our reservation was for 2 queen beds, though we were first put in a room with 1 queen and sofa bed. After also noticing the filthy tub/shower, I requested a different room. They did move us to a room with 2 queen beds, though it had a broken AC unit. At this point it was late and we didn't feel like trying to locate another hotel. The new room smelled musty, making up wonder how often it was actually cleaned. The entire hotel is in disrepair with stained, worn out carpeting and a badly shuddering elevator. Probably safer than sleeping in your car on the side of I-95, but no better. Price should be around $20 a night for the value.

Some staff were friendly, and did try to make the stay better. Unfortunately, they can't overcome the poor management/ownership.

I didn't like they didn't tell me I would get a big...
    • Queen Room

I didn't like they didn't tell me I would get a big hold on my money and they giving me a run around about getting my money back

Needs updating

The hotel is in need of updating. There was wallpaper coming off the walls, the place needed a good deep cleaning, carpeting was old and worn.

The staff was very friendly and extremely supportive! The pool was nice.

Worst stay of vacation

Room wasn't clean, pictures on website not an accurate representation of the facilities or the room-looked like they were taken years ago, location didn't seem safe, large gaps under the doors to the rooms.

Clean property lovely staff great location...
    • Queen Room

I got an older room which I hated, I think it was 105..it needs updating..

I like that the staff is very accommodating, I was booked for a room upstairs and because I can't use the elevator they found me one on the first floor..

Good hotel for a night sleep or two
    • Queen Room

The pool had to much chlorine so I couldn't bring my little one in and the hallway was very uncomfortably hot no a/c in the hallways that could use more improvement

The bed was great breakfast was good....

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Best in this price range.
    • Queen Room

Remember, it is next to I 95 and there is some road noise. If you are sensitive to that, request an even numbered room, they face the other way.

Very clean and well maintained. Good staff.

Last resort
    • Queen Room

Very close to highway , traffic noise kept us up. Bed not very comfortable. Noise in the hallway , had to call front desk about it. Just a beat up place , overpriced , little comfort.

I liked the staff and the breakfast and the convenient...
    • Queen Room

The electrical outlets were awkwardly located for plugging in my phone charger and my blow drier.

I liked the staff and the breakfast and the convenient location.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Stay somewhere else.

Very old hotel, very unclean, not worth the price that was paid. Ive stayed in interstate motels that were cleaner than this hotel.

Friendly night staff. Seemed safe

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

clean and inexpensive

People noisy in the next room after 10. I had a first floor room and the curtains didn't close properly. luckily I had a hair clip to keep them together

I like that it was easy on and off the highway. Room was like it was pictured on the website.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Not stellar.

I wasn't aware that any hotel in America still offered "smoking" rooms... and I wasn't too pleased to find someone else's socks and underwear still stuffed under the mattress of the chair in the room.

It was conveniently located.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

My stay was fair
    • Queen Room

The things I did not like is how small the room are the decoration of the place and how It takes Time for the heater to work and the beds weren't that comfy

I like that nobody bothered me and I had a peaceful stay .

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Excellent diner next to hotel
    • Queen Room

Booking.com don't tell you the regular priced rooms although comfortable and clean, are all on the highway facing side of the hotel (traffic noise). I made a specific request when I made my online reservation to be located 'away from any traffic noise' but that would mean paying for the more costly rooms which I discovered after arriving.

Room was comfortable and quiet when I got transferred to the car park side of the hotel upon request

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Nice & clean, but cold as standing outside.

The hotel has a bad draft. So it's cold everywhere. Lobby, hallway, the rooms, and the pool area. The heat only goes up to 78degrees. The pool is not very heated and when you get out it's freezing because as I said it's a bad draft throught the whole hotel.

Very clean and nice hotel. The pictures on the website is exactly as it is at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

100% worth the money !
    • Queen Room

The shower/tub looked dirty, don't think it was but the way it looked made me uncomfortable, water pressure sucked too.

Loved my room. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Staff were all courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

The Biggest Room is Room for Improvement
    • Queen Room

No one told me breakfast was available. And I stayed for two(2) nights. The heated swimming pool was CLOSED because the heat was broken; and you need to seriously IMPROVE & UPGRADE the training, courtesy and CRM skills of your staff at this location.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Dirty hotel

The carpeting in the hallways and common areas was filthy and littered with trash. The carpet in our room had a large wet coffee spill. The previous guest left a half filled coffee cup( other half on floor?) in the microwave and trash under the bed that the maid missed.

Quiet, clean and content.
    • Queen Room

It seemed that the front desk was understaffed New Year's Eve and yet the woman handled everyone with respect. In the morning, the coffee tasted funny with the milk provided. The coffee in the room was excellent.

Came for New Years and had a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Close to highway

Dirty Noise One elevator working Stale muffins at breakfast People living on top floors (spoke to a person that has been there for 1 1/2 months )

Close to highway

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Dirty and definitely not worth the money, bad customer service
    • Queen Room

The room looked like it has not been cleaned for at least a month dirty floors, found dog food, lamps had dust balls on them, between the bed and mattress a lot of dirt, ashes and some other stuff, the bathroom has not been cleaned I took photos because it was just disgusting I didn't even bother to tell the front desk because everyone seemed rude I didn't get any Hi, how are you how was your stay or Bye all I got is "do you want your receipt?" Never staying there again

Browse La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford traveller photo gallery