Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula 3 stars

27330 Jefferson Avenue, Temecula, CA 92590, USA

#11 of 19 hotels in Temecula

The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel receptionist could have been a little more friendly. And i was very unimpressed by the morning breakfast.

The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well.

Never again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booked several months ahead. Asked for ground level as I'm on a walker. Called twice to be sure of ground level. Upon.on arrival told none were available. And was told there were no notes about my request. The girl at the desk is one of the people I had spoken to. Had to climb flight of stairs to room. And unable to bathe as tub was inaccessible due to height. It was over 2 feet high. Very disappointed. It was much too late to find other accommodations.

Rooms very nice. Location close to points of interest.

Best getaway ever!!!
    • Executive King Room

Your spa nozel was shutting water ever where. I typed to turn them to hard to adjust them.

Love the deluxe room, frist time staying at your hotel . I was afraid that your beds would be too hard. Wow I was surprise bed was confortable.

This hotel worked out great for us.

The hotel is tucked back in off the road with retail buildings and the street sign is not easy to see.

I was in Temecula for an event and this property was close to the location. It is close to Old Town Temecula, the wine country and the Casino/Resort if you like those types of things. Easy freeway access.

I’d stay again if it were cheaper. The staff was very friendly.

The coffee in the room. I hoped even after breakfast they’d have better coffee downstairs. The bathtub could also use a renovation.

Didn’t have the breakfast.

Will watch for lower rates!
    • Executive King Room

I usually find reasonable rates rates for this facility (<$100/night). This recent stay, the rate jumped to >$250/night even with the LQ best rate guarantee. For me, It was a toss us between LQ Temecula and the newer and nicer Staybridge, Cathedral City. My wife likes to play at Pechanga more than Agua Caliente and that is why i have to book 2 nights at LQ.

I am repeat visitor of La Quinta. I like the idea that we can take Balto along and not be charged for Balto's stay. Balto already knows his ways in and around this facility. Breakfast is Ok.

One day stay
    • Executive King Room

Large hole in the bathroom door taped and painted badly room was Dusty bed was very hard.

The front desk people were nice breakfast was basic but good check out was easy. Room was large but no View.

• Executive King Room

To begin the staff that was amazing easy access to the freeway , very clean rooms I will stay over and over and over again thank you for your services

It was in a great spot for shopping and eating, allot of...
    • Executive King Room

That there were dogs allot people have allergies to animals.

It was in a great spot for shopping and eating, allot of choices on there breakfast. Great little snack shop too, pool and spa.

Convenient and clean - what more can I ask for.

WiFi was very sluggish.

Location is very convenient. Staff is friendly and room was clean. They were very accommodating in getting two rooms next to each other as requested when booking.

The breakfast was great.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The room had a musty smell as if pets had been in the room. The hotel location was a little hidden from the roadway.

The breakfast was great. The staff was warm & friendly.

Good. Value choice

It was a comfortable stay. These hotels are typically near a busy highway and a bit out of town centre, thus the value. In this case, road noise was not a problem and we were only about a mile out of town, so quite convenient.

Clean, interior hallway design, vinyl plank flooring made for an attractive fresh feeling room - can't wait for the day when no hotels have carpets! nice staff, dog friendly with no additional fees

The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable.

The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff helped us find restaurants in the area and the breakfast was perfect! A nice location near the Old Town area and much more "budget-friendly" than the hotels in the wine area!

Everything you're looking for in a reasonably priced hotel - great for nearby wineries!

No complaints.

Overall great experience! We stayed here because we were visiting the nearby wineries and it worked perfect for us, only about 15 min drive away. Good value and no complaints.

Pleasant

Can’t think of anything

My daughter was pet sitting and I appreciated that the property was pet friendly. I appreciate the breakfast and the cleanliness. I appreciate that I can always count on a La Quinta property for those basic must haves: cleanliness, breakfast and affordability. Please don’t change😊

The hotel was just as expected.

The price during the weekend is absolutely outrageous . An $80 hotel that charges 280 on a Saturday is a price increase I cannot get behind. Definitely takes advantage of the fact people don’t want to drive after attending a wedding or winetasting. I would never pay Chandran $280 for this room under regular circumstances, but we had to as it was one of the only places without a two night minimum.

The hotel was just as expected. Comfy bed and a nice bathroom. The room was bigger than we expected

Comfy room. Comfy bed. Very clean. Nice staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The lighting in the bathroom was terrible. We had a handicapped room and the shower is across the room and so dark when you are using it. They need to put a light in there

Our room was big and the bed was comfy. Having Directv was a plus.

I would stay here again if I come back to Temecula for an overnight stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We tried to check in early, because check-in was at three, but we had to be at a wedding that started at three. There was nothing available when we arrived at noon, but Kathy at the front desk was very helpful and said she would get us the first available room. 45 minutes later, we were in and getting ready for the wedding. Interestingly enough, there were several other guests also trying to get rooms early who arrived just after we did. I imagine Kathy has that issue come up often. We had a great night of sleep and woke up to a fantastic breakfast. Highly recommend.

Awful! A big ripoff!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

It started from the first night. Got a disabled room with a dirty bathroom. The room was right next to the busy freeway off ramp. Did not sleep well after a long day. Then when we had to change rooms we had to pack up all our belongings in our car for the day and at 8PM we had to unpack the car again. The food was not real great not all the staff was helpful. Our toilet stopped working and after fixed it ran constantly the rest of the stay. We had a bad experience and do not want to use Booking,com again! It was sure not worth the money!

Not much

Not excepable. Kathy the day manager was not very kind. This almost ruined our trip .

We were greeted with a disabled room right next to the busy freeway. The bathroom had mold and was dirty. When we checked the next day are room was changed but we had to pack up our car load of supplies for the entire day and had no place to go. We got a new room with a toilet that plugged up. It was unplugged but then ran the rest of our stay. I was very, very unhappy with the stay. If this is what Booking.com says is a decent hotel for a HIGH price I will not use you again. It was a bad experience for a much higher price then it should have been.

There was a roof over my head

Will definitely stay again!
    • Executive King Room

There is nothing I did not like about this hotel.

The shower is awesome! Adjustable head for different sprays and never seen the back sprays which are in addition to the regular shower head. Secure facility. Great insulation because despite being right next to the freeway you can barely hear traffic. (Temecula, CA) Great breakfast too.

Great place!

Finding the hotel name was difficult, flashing light on wall by the bed really bright at night.

Spacious room, on first floor great handicap accessiblity. No carpet in room - liked that fact. Had refrigerator and microwave. Great breakfast!

A decent place to stay but next time I think I would stay somewhere else
    • Executive King Room

Location is a little difficult to find from street at night, signage could be better… Also the pull out bed was a bit uncomfortable.

Most of the staff we're pleasant and professional especially for breakfast

Comfortable mattress, nice updated & clean...

Hard, lumpy pillows - suggest you bring your own! Our family had a fwy facing room & one, streetside. Our grown children with little ones were concerned about fwy noise & chose streetside only to be awakened at 1 a.m. by people chatting loudly in the parking lot for sometime ... exactly the reason we avoided the lower floors in hopes of a good night's rest. (We were told by front desk upon checkout to always notify the desk immediately so they could rectify such situations.) Now I wish we had looked around to see what businesses were in the adjacent lot to determine if this could be a regular issue in the future. As far as choosing the fwy side, know that week day traffic starts early & will most likely wake you unless you run your AC or heater constantly. There's no independent fan.

Comfortable mattress, nice updated & clean room/bathroom & tasty breakfast.

Did not stay for 6 days and the bill was hard to read, cost per day was different.

The bath tub had no soap dish. The coffee was not refilled everyday.

eggs were good. Breakfast was good. Parking was easy. Beds and house keeping was great.

THE FACT THAT OUR ROOM WAS PRETTY CLEAN & THEY PROVIDED...

LADY IN THE FRONT WAS RUDE, MY WIFE CALLED IN THE DAY BEFORE TO INFORM THEM WE WILL BE ARRIVING AROUND 9AM, WHOEVER SHE SPOKE WITH SAID THAT I WAS OK TO COME IN. WHEN WE ARRIVED WE EXPLAINED WHAT HAD HAPPENED & ALL WE GOT FROM THE LADY RESPONDS WAS LITERALLY I WAS THE ONLY ONE WORKING AND DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY CALLS IN REGARDS TO EARLY CHECK-IN. FROM THERE SHE ALREADY TICKED MY WIFE OFF, SO WE KNEW THIS HOTEL WAS A FULL OF CRAPPY SERVICES. PROBABLY WON'T BE COMING BACK.

THE FACT THAT OUR ROOM WAS PRETTY CLEAN & THEY PROVIDED US FREE BREAKFAST EVERY MORNING. LOCATION WAS GREAT ALSO, VERY CLOSE TO A VARIETY OF PLACES.

Temecula value

Really, no negatives

Nice room, lots of space, ok breakfast, Good price and a short drive to Old Town and wineries. Also near more recently built. Restaurants etc.

The location is close to a lot, but the traffic just to get...

The location is close to a lot, but the traffic just to get from the freeway to the hotel was really heavy during the day. It would take more than 10 minutes to travel less than a mile.

Underwhelmed

The room had a very strong, musty smell as soon as we walked in. The a/c would not run as much as we liked as well despite changing the temperature.

fairly clean

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The breakfasts is good but could use a later closing time.

The bath room is extremely slippery. The low cornered tables hurt very bad when bumped into.

The breakfasts is good but could use a later closing time. Pillows are actually comfortable

The hotel itself was enjoyable. But could have stayed in Vegas for half the money.

I didn't like at all that the check-in lady didn't know the hotel already had my credit card info and had already charged me. My card was having trouble with the swipe (chip worked great if they had one), so she was going to let us sit in the parking lot for 5 hours till the bank opened (she did tell us where the closest one was) but she wasn't going to allow us to check in. Had to bother my wife for one of her cards. And when I added 3 extra days, the price wasn't under the Booking.com umbrella that I checked in on. What a royal $$ bend over on room price. My very same $79 room Wed cost my wife Thurs-$99, Fri-$200, and Sat-$300!! Nothing changed. No champagne or caviar was added, no hooker services, nothing. The exact very same room jumped over $200. Something seriously wrong there.

Breakfast was great. Pretty much everything was very enjoyable. Room was comfy even though we didn't get the King we asked for. House keeping kept us up on towels and linens.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

We were very pleased in general with the room and the...

We couldn't use the closet because it smelled of cat urine. A previous guest in 323 may have been responsible, but your cleaning staff should have noticed it.

We were very pleased in general with the room and the breakfast.

Great value

We drove in late in the evening and we're treated like valued guests. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was tasty and filling. The were great food options plus it was fresh. Our purpose for visiting was a quick trip to the Anza Borrego Desert for the spring bloom. The park is about 40 miles away but a tough drive. It was nice to have a quiet place to sleep and rest before heading out for our trek.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Stay somewhere else!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk person was very rude when we checked in. The following morning, when we went to eat breakfast, the housekeeping staff were eating what little remained of the included breakfast. No fruit, danish, or cereal, nothing! The air conditioner in the room wouldn't stay on so we had to sleep with the window open which was very noisy due to the freeway traffic. Not worth the money!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Best beds on our 4 week travels.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Packaged sweet rolls are bland.

Best beds on our 4 week travels. Staff very helpful. My high ratings are determined by the value. The prices are very reasonable. If you need 4 star, go somewhere else and spends lots of money.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Awesome. Except dogs shouldn't be allowed to be left alone.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a dog barking sporadically down hall from 8:30 pm till late. I complained about 10:00. Staff person said she would come upstairs to locate which room. Of course since dog barked sporadically she did not identify which room. Kept barking. Ugh.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Hotel was very quiet.

Pool not heated. Could use more seating for guests in breakfast area.

Hotel was very quiet. Absolutely no noise. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms had wi-fi access free. Parking to rooms were close. Overall, super nice and clean, and quiet. I would stay there again and recommend to friends

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Chamber of peace

Lobby is a little Somber. Could use some complimentary color. But pleasant.

I loved quick and easy access to my room. The shower was really great. The bed was very comfortable. The towels were Wonderful.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Never again

Reserved room for $79.00 a night but was charged $129.00 for my last night because it was Friday. Same room, same breakfast, same service but $50.00 increase. This was not on my confirmation from Booking.com and I have contacted them. Will not be staying at this hotel again!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Didn't realize it's a pet friendly place.

Didn't realize it's a pet friendly place. My eyes were itchy the whole time I was there. But good value for price. If u want to travel with a pet, stay here.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Fair hotel with fair price between holidays.

That we were put on the 3rd floor. The hairdryer had a short. No one at front desk when we went to check out and report the problem.

That we could bring our dog without a charge. Rooms were nice and big.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Walk to restaurants. Great for traveling with dog.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast potatoes were underdone -- could have put them on the pan a bit longer.

Hotel was well decorated and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. We had a room with two queen beds. Decor was very nice and had everything we needed for a comfortable one-night stay. Loved the location because it was a great place to take your dog for a walk, if you head to the right and cross the bridge. Also, there were some good restaurants within walking distance. I liked that we could bring our dog!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

We only stay 1 night for convinience!

tThe favt that is close to freeway and close the winneries...

Is hard to find is in the back we dud not see the signs inly quality inn La Quinta sugn to small... the receptionist was not friendly... did not use kitchen breakfast... did not make it before 10am

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

It was nice but I was insulted when we got told to be quiet when we were in our room laughing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was 10:30pm and we were laughing in our room with our mother and sister and we got a phone call to keep it down. We had no music or kids or alcohol and we were visiting. We had got back from a wedding and we're just laughing and talking and I thought it was strange that we got told to keep it down. I didn't think it was called for.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Wedding and hotel where great

Could have had bigger cups for orange juice.

Very clean. Staff was helpful, room was nice bed was comfortable, Breakfast the next morning was surprisingly good.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Inspect the mattress and bedding.

The bathroom was not as clean as it could have been. There was water marks on the mirror which leads me to believe it wasn't even cleaned after the guest before me. The mattress cover had hair embedded in it. When I pulled the mattress pad up there was stains all over the mattress. I called for the sheets and mattress pad to be changed & when I asked for a different room due to the condition of the mattress I was told the hotel was fully booked. They didn't have anymore mattress pads so the employee put two fitted sheets on the bed. Due to the unfortunate issues I had I would not stay at this location in the future. I know things happen but it just seems being clean isn't a priority here at this particular property.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great service and support staff

Staff was exceptional. Very pleased with their accommodations, as I was traveling with a small child as well as two teens. They helped me with late night milk for a bottle so I didn't have to venture out to find an open grocery store. Thank you!!

Good location for wine tasting.

Poor lighting in bathroom and very unimpressive “breakfast”.

Staff, cleanliness, bed and location.

amenities-refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning

felt dirty, toilet not completely cleaned around the outside, crumbs on the floor

amenities-refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning

The cleanliness

The homeless around the property and the proximity of the Quality Inn

The cleanliness

Pool area could be kept better.

Pool area could be kept better. Courtesy breakfast was well presented and staff was great.

never coming back
    • Executive King Room

The pillows uncomfortable, Tv screen so small and i paid $500 per two nights. not worthy :(

Nice breakfast provided.

Nice breakfast provided. Not just continental breakfast. Scrambled eggs and sausages also included.

Not the quality I expected

Not the quality I expected

15 min drive to an awesome dog park .

The bed was super comfy

Friendly staff.

Friendly staff. Excellent housekeeping. Great breakfast. Wonderful rooms.

Check in was very quick, one man handled our 3 check ins...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in was very quick, one man handled our 3 check ins quickly and professionally and changed a room for us, very efficient!

I would stay again, I'd just bring pillows

The bed was too hard and the half pillows made it worse

Everything was as expected

Good place to stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was the same everyday

Comfortable

Very pleasant. I would stay again

I wasn't aware that there would be dogs barking in the hotel

Beds are so comfortable. Room is very spacious. Refrigerator is great to have

Great staff, well appointed rooms, easy in and out.

Great staff, well appointed rooms, easy in and out.

Very nice.

Signs hard to find from the street.

Clean, close to everything.

Nice stay

Maybe it's my fault, but I didn't check to see if they had a pool.

Breakfast was ready at 6:25am!!

Good location, fairly nice hotel

Shower mold room 219 Small vanity counter

Helpful & friendly staff

very good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

not enough towel in bath room

breakfast in general

Would use them again. Located well, good value

A/C unit needed to be repaired. Extremely loud. Let staff know as we were checking out.

Not very clean at all

Not very clean at all

Room was nice and clean.

See above

Room was nice and clean. The shower didn’t work very well. Water shot out from the spout everywhere.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Good Value and a nice room.

A lounge area somewhere beside the room.

Nice room and hot breakfast.

Very clean hotel nice staff

Every thing was great

It was great trip and will be booking again

Booking.com made it possible to stay at this exquisite hotel for gear discount!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was above par.

Very clean. Actual breakfast not multigrain bar.

Quiet. Indoor access. Nice breakfast.

Hard to find

Very comfortable bed. A little hard to find as it's behind a small shopping center in the same parking lot.

We will be back
    • King Room - Disability Access

Great breakfast, lots of choices. Best I’ve seen in years at a hotel.

Super breakfast.

Air con is too noisy.

Super breakfast. Very comfortable and big room.