Reviews of La Quinta Inn Queens 3 stars

37-18 Queens Boulevard, Queens, NY 11101, USA

#83 of 119 hotels in Queens

Comfortable and convenient from LaGuardia

Parking was very minimal at best. Got in from the airport at midnight and had to go down and move the car at 7:00 to avoid a ticket.

Very comfortable and convenient to get to fro LaGuardia airport. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was nice.

Our room had such a weird smell as if someone died in there.

Our room had such a weird smell as if someone died in there. The smell would not go away and every time you entered the room, it like hit you in the face.

Ok.

The shower curtain has mold on it. No eggs. Hot cereal. Just very weak coffee. Bagels. Donuts. Toast. Sunny D. Cold cereal. Artificial eggs. Staff was friendly. VERY small parking. Had to pay for parking. $8.00 per day. Not the best but not the worst either.

The location was good for commenting

The reception staff were not helpful and were quite rude. Breakfast was limited in choice and served off paper plates, drank from plastic and polystyrene cups, plastic cutlery Mold spots in bathroom Aftercare poor after leaving something important in room they have denied finding it. It was on the bed when we left. Location was convenient but extremely noise due to proximity of metro across the road and being in a room at the front. Door cards needing resetting each time we left and returned to the building.

The location was good for commenting Breakfast was tasty McDonalds open right next door.

Great place, great location.

The wifi does not properly work. We chose this hotel partly because it offered free wifi, but none of us could use it.

Great place, great location. The free parking is a plus.

Location is excellent, and the staffs there are friendly.

The room we got was stank and smells like some kids peed on the beds. Also, we witnessed a dude who was also a customer poured the orange juice from his cup back to the container of the juice after he tasted it which was gross.

Location is excellent, and the staffs there are friendly. Can storage your luggage few hours ahead of the check-in schedule which is nice.

Very disappointed and annoyed, it was awful and inconvenient to have to change hotels in the middle.

To start the lobby and hallways were not air conditioned. The key didn’t work more often then it did. The main light in the bathroom didn’t work, the curtains were falling off the curtain rod and would not close right. I called and tried to cancel for the next night and they would not cancel without charging us for a 2 night stay. I called my credit card company and they couldn’t do anything then I called booking.com and they couldn’t do anything either. We told them we would stay the 2 nights required and then would be leaving. In the morning, with the sun shining in you could see the curtains had holes from dry rot or something. As inconvenient as it was we found another hotel and moved for the next 2 night, which was the rest of our stay Needless to say we were very disappointed and angry and would not recommend this property at all.

We definitely got what we paid for.

More variety for breakfast. We stayed here because it was within our budget. Nothing fancy about it but staff friendly and efficient. Close to train into city. I left my handbag in the foyer by mistake. They noticed it and kept it safe while I had to come back some distance.

Customer not satisfied

The way it was displayed on the in internet was totally off. Not in a favorable way. Even the breakfast included was very disappointing! The rugs, room, currains & sheets were ALL DIRTY WHEN WE CHECKED IN!

Good hotel.

If I didn't wrong whem I did my booking I requested a room at a high floor and city view, but my room was at 2nd floor (the hotel has 5 floors) and view to internal parking lot.

Confortables beds.

Excellent time.

There are a few things that need updating.

The young lady that was at the front desk. She was so nice.location by the subway was very convenient.dont forget to visit Pete's diner.

I liked staying at this property I would recommend it very...

Car parking was limited

I liked staying at this property I would recommend it very convenient to restaurants and Mc Donalds is next Door. The train every few minutes a few yards away to City Center.

Great location but don’t pay too much
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast room is tiny ( breakfast is donuts, bagels, cereals, sometimes sausages and eggs) No high chairs No allergic pillows Elevator is either one floor up or down, no help with the luggage

The location is great, next door is a 24h mc Donald’s and the metro station is 3min away Early check in possible

hairdryer was not working and also one of the rooms we...

invest on the facility. staff was great.

hairdryer was not working and also one of the rooms we booked did not have the alarm clock. overall room was not clean. im allergic to dust and i have suffered a lot with runny nose during my stay.

Horrible experience. Both booking.com and the hotel is denying me a refund.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

The hotel was staff was rude and not very helpful. The sheets were stained and dirty. The jacuzzi had tape hanging off the sides. The faucet was broken. The iron consisted of two cables put together with a loose electric tape.

Great value and location hotel to visit Manhattan and Long Island.

I couldn't get the water to flow from the shower head. The fire detection module was dangling from the ceiling.

Excellent location with 24 h. subway line to Times Square Station in about 15 minutes. Lots of stores, a bank and a gas station around. Free parking and modest breakfast to go. It's a good base too to visit some of the attractions on Long Island. Room was very clean.

The beds were very dirty.

The beds were very dirty. Sheets and bedspreads have not changed for almost a month. I reported the situation to the reception, but they never expected it. I definitely do not recommend

Does exactly what it says on the tin, Good Hotel in a great Location

Breakfast was poor and hotel cleaning staff could have been better...

Location is class, staff were helpful, TV was decent and the hotel was exactly as expected

The hotel is simply awful.

The TV was tilted forward and looks as if it could at any moment fall on one of the kids or any of us. It seemed whoever is responsible for the hotel has no intention to make anything better. Even the food was terrible, there were no signs of any effort seen by in convincing us that the hotel wanted to impress any of its guests.

Absolutely nothing; it was filthy with hair from other people all over the bed and the bathroom, the carpet was old and dirty and we didn’t even feel comfortable walking on it with our bear foot. The curtain was broken and it wouldn’t close easily and to top it all off, the smoke detector had no battery in it and I know this because the hatch to where the battery was supposed to be was wide open and I could clearly see that there was no battery in it. Very poor management.

very cold in a the room and you have to put a very old noisy...

very cold in a the room and you have to put a very old noisy heating system which heats too much to change that, so we turned it off during the night, it was super cold and the covers on the bed were too thin !

Near to subway station with link 7 (to Manhattan it takes 15...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Near to subway station with link 7 (to Manhattan it takes 15 minutes). Few markets and restaurants nearby. Large rooms, comfort beds, bathroom ok. Small breakfest lounge. Breakfest was not too rich but not bad at all, there was no fruits, only donuts, bagels, eggs and sausages. For that money? Absolutely fine.

Disappointing!

This is a place with almost nothing seems to work properly! The equipments in the gym are Broken, it is difficult to find a table to seat and eat your breakfast, even the breakfast itself is very, very bad, the toilet had a problem flushing! I stayed in La Quinta in Berkeley and it was good. By all standard, this is an absolutely overpriced place for over 150usd a day!!!!

Has good connnection to New York downtown

All I can say in simple way that I will never ever choose...

All I can say in simple way that I will never ever choose this Hotel again, no matter I need to stay under the sky. Such a bad management I've ever experienced.

A good value for the money. Easy to get there and easy to make my various connections.

A little noisy from the train. Breakfast room is very plain. Breakfast selection was limited, but I was able to find things that worked OK for me. Elevator seemed a bit rickety. Lobby looked and hallways looked a bit worn out.

Room was just about what I wanted and expected. I used the desk. I logged into the Internet multiple times to transact business. I was able to get to my meetings that evening and the following day. I slept well. Good value.

I will be a repeat customer

Maybe more parking, but it’s NYC, space is limited everywhere.

Location was close to food and the 7train, but wasn’t loud. Parking was limited, but we found space. Room was perfect for what we needed, would have worked fine for several days

Stay was great!

I really don't have any complaints. It met my expectation for what I needed.

Spring break vacationing. I was fortunate enough to get a parking spot and I didn't have to move the car. I would definitely stay there again because its close to the sub. View was lovely! Our room was on McDonald's side.

Room size
    • King Room - Disability Access

Drapes shredded Phone cords2 broke Bad handicap room location end of hall Cold eggs Elevator not at ground floor up or down. Bad Halls at 85 degrees

Room size

Wonderful property! We are happy to recommend it to friends and acquaintances.

Excellent hotel! Small, clean. Conveniently located, close to the metro station and many shops. Very cozy room with comfortable soft beds, coffee maker, refrigerator. The room had air conditioning which worked and was warm. This was very well, as it got cold outside. Lovely hearty Breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Daily cleaning. Everything you need to have a great rest!

Below average

Upon arrival I found my bed fitted with an unclean mattress pad and sheet. In addition I did not like that my room on the first floor wasn’t underground and therefore did not have a window.

Great stay for it's price.

I didn't appreciate the staff banging and screaming on my door at 3:50pm when I paid $40 extra to check out late until 4pm. It was very rude!

The free breakfast in the morning was very good included hot items as well.

I will return to this location again.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. This made my trip to town for a funeral much easier. Thank you to all of them. I was especially impressed with the lady in charge of breakfast and how well she dealt with a very messy guest- kindly, quietly with no outward signs of judgement.

Well, as I said before ......... we liked the convenience to the public transportation.

We are a freak couple when it comes to cleanliness and this was one of the main issues besides the cable/wifi. Also the fact that you guys will return the pre authorization charge within 7-10 days later. Why can't you just keep that charge & charge me for the difference & we will be done with the bill. Why keep my the pre charge for 10 days & then also charge me for the whole bill? It sure does not make sense but I will be waiting for that charge to be credited it into my account within the ten days NOT one day more because then you will hear from us!

Well, I can say since we knew Queens very well it was an excellent area in regards to transportation. Now, in regards to the Wifi very slow & the transmission of the cable not one of the best we have encountered. The room itself was spacious & plenty of furniture to put our clothes in - now in regards to cleanliness ..... not TOO clean mainly the bathroom which is a place that everyone who stays uses. I forgot to mention before we left, that the sink was clogged & there was a leak under the sink. Staff was friendly, we frequent NYC very often & for the price we might use you guys again by then I hope these issues mentioned here will be fix.

Satisfactory
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

There were minimal pillows on the bed. The sheets were also ripped and the comforter smelled and definitely wasn’t comfortable. It was kind of itchy. The mini fridge in the room wasn’t working. There was stains on the whirlpool and you could tell when I put the jets on that it hadn’t been cleaned properly. The room did the job, and if need be because of the staff and convenience Of location, I’d use la Quinta again.

The housekeeping staff was very friendly. I was also able to check in early with no problems.

One night getaway
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

(Disclaimer: i don’t know why the review average to 3.3, i would give it a 0.5 only because of the friendly staff) From 12am-7am, the couple in the room next to us were BLASTING music. And when I say BLASTING I mean so loud that even our obnoxiously loud heater couldn’t cancel out the noise. At 5 am another guest complained and while they did lower their music, we could still hear it through the walls. Not only that, but they were yelling. By yelling, i mean screaming. At 7 am, when we decided to leave, their room was quite. I had 2 hours of actual sleep. The rest was just hoping that the night would be over. Definitely not the stay that I wanted. On top of that, the room smelled. And on top of that, why is the hotel shower so difficult to operate? We didn’t even go for free breakfast, we just went to a diner to get as far away as possible. Would never recommend to anyone.

The only positive things about this property was the receptionist and parking was okay. The rest is horrible. We came here for a “quiet” getaway but we did not know what we were getting ourselves into.

Will never come back!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

Mattress was worn down and lumpy. Hotel was noisy. Leaving the room in the morning walked into cigarette smoke. It is winter there was no heat in the kitchen area, had to wear coats to the kitchen to use the microwave. Bathroom had wire fixtures exposed and sounded like a tractor every time the light switch was turned on. Refrigerator wasn't cold. Woke up with bite marks on our faces.

The location was excellent

Not to American standard

Elevator wasn't very clean. Someone else's comb was still on floor by my bed. Dining room wasn't very busy but I had to stand by a table and wait till the staff cleaned a table so I had somewhere to eat. The tables and chairs were not tidy looking, out of line and chairs helter skelter.

The price. Close to airport and also to train stop.

dont expect hilton hotel atmosphere but very local local local....parking was good if enough space..

the cleaning Crew must be better trained in cleaning dust and Corners...enough towels if more than one occupant each time....Windows must be changed to Sound proof!!!!!!! curtains better drawn to avoid sunlight coming waking us up tooo early...

the Location was great for my Business: quick rides to manahattan with the Train no7 which to my surprise were running more often on time... or with the bus either to manahattan or deeper into the Queens Region Q60 or no Q32...lots of local Shopping, small Bars/Restaurants---the best was the rent a car across the street where we got a Discount since we were guests at La Quinta inn Queens....my doughnuts with coffee was a welcome to new York......personnell always greeted us with a smile...

Overall it was a good experience just didn't like the location that the hotel is at

I didn't like the selection of breakfast & the location.

I liked the view of where we stayed, just didn't really like the location . The beds were great comfy and cosy

Horrible experience never again too expensive...

Wifi internet kept cutting off every now and again..... Very rude tried to make me pay 100 dollars more than what I was supposed to pay

TV had lots Of channels bed had soft pillows

Easy check in and out.

The doors would slam shut.. The next door guest was going in and out slamming the door all day long. The breakfast was ok... Coffee machine didn't work and sausages tasted under cooked. Parking area was full of garbage.

Easy check in and out. Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable.

The jacuzzi was nice the hotel staff sucked
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

The front desk staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Hung up on me when i called prior to check in hung up on me repeatedly when i called from the room constantly left the front desk unnatended refused to make eye contact and were just super unpleasent. Breakfast was actually inedible

The room was clean

Terrible

very dirty. I had to go buy Clorox to clean the bathroom and air freshener. The room wreaked of cigarette smoke...VERY STRONG!. Was told this was a smoke free Hotel...NOT. We are non smokers! The floors looked like they had not been vacuumed in a very long time. Never walked barefoot while staying in the room. There was used Styrofoam dishes on the dresser with a cup that had some left over drink in it. Was totally disappointed. Have stayed in LaQuintas before and never encountered this kind of stay. Had very noisy neighbors and complained and still were very noisy. We could not rest. Room did not even have curtains that you could close to block out the outdoor light. Never again. !!

everything was fine except for the front desk personnel and internet connection

the front desk personnel was rude with no telephone manners. internet connection sucks! it is like having a connection in a public area that you have to re connect every 15 minutes or even worst, it is like having no internet connection at all.

house keeping personnel are good

They ruined our vacation.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

We reserved a jacuzzi room. There was no hot water. The staff kept us waiting for them to come check it out and to try to resolve it. When they realized that they could not fix the problem they were not at all apologetic and not very forthcoming in trying to make it up to us.

Passable

I stayed at the Quinta Hotel because of life circumstances, not to enjoy the passing of time. Tobias Wingate of DHS, Marie Simon, Eveline Simon are very bad people.

We didn't have super hight expectations based on the reviews. Overall, get what pay for in Queens

The pillows were horrible, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling and the thermostat was inaccurate.

The bed was comfortable and the location was close to the subway and food.

Don’t do it for long stays.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool

I’d actually like a refund — i booked one bedroom suite. I get a room with a little pool. Not at all what I thought. No separate seating area. No microwave. Not going back ever!

Won't stay there again !! free breakfast egg patties and sausage weren't kept hot.Food safety issue.

The room was not as pictured,not even close !!! the room was below ground, bed was uncomfortably. parking is ltd, I think the staff parks there vs guest, I watched somebody do repairs to the vehicle.

3.0
    Worst than hotels in the third world.

Dirty linen, outdated & degraded furniture. TV screen was blurry, with limited selection of channels. TV remote was dirty, had debris stuck to it.

NICE PLACE. THE PRICE WAS RIGHT!

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT IF THE TV WAS WORKING PROPERLY WITH A FULL CHANNEL LINE UP & A CHANNEL GUIDE! ALSO, FURNITURE COULD USE UPDATING.

I THOUGHT THE SERVICE WAS GOOD. IT WAS CLEAN & COMFORTABLE. BREAKFAST BUFFECT WAS NICELY PRESENTED & ORGANIZED.

The staff did their best but the hotel is old and needs reconstruction and renovation.

No elevator in the ground level. Ripped curtains. Bathroom fan was not working.

The housekeeping service works till late time afternoon. Baby crib was available without prior reservation.

If you are with a family with kids, might not be the best place to stay.

The rooms are smelly, the air conditioning in the room is from 1995 so expect either too hot or too cold in the room. Breakfast was C-. And the breakfast room was super cold since the heat wasn't working.

The staff is really friendly and the location is 5 min walk from subway #7, which leads straight to Times Square, so you can say Times Square is about 20 min away with public transit.

Location and free parking!!

Rooms are a bit outdated. Bathrooms as well. Clean enough. The heater in our room was very noisy. They came to check it after we complained but it stayed noisy and we didn't get much sleep. Wi-fi is horrible. Breakfast was good and aboundant. Staff was courteous at all times.

Location was great, very close to line 7 train station to Manhattan and just 3-5 stops from Grand Central and Times Square. We liked that they have a rear space with parking spots. Although they went very quickly, we were lucky enough to get one as we arrived. And we took our car again only when we left the hotel. Location and parking were actually the main reasons why we chose this hotel.

Overall okay stay for price

No fruit no waffles no yogurt for breakfast..need to advise tenants about how to use shower head..breakfast area too cold..need new chairs

Quietness..nice bath room

Decent pace to stay near NYC _ easy to get to NYC

Door keys were not programmed correctly - twice Password for Internet was wrong Front desk did not help in resolving Internet problem - they kept giving password that did not work. Most breakfast items were gone by 9:30

Felt I was staying at very low budget hotel
    • King Room - Disability Access

Staff not professional. Smoking in front of building. Not dressed in hotel attire. Not sure they were staff. Tried calling and their phones werentworking phone in room didn’t work.

It's not a good value due to overall dirty appearance of property and staff friendliness

Facility always looked dirty, not so welcoming. Won't be staying again.

The location was convenient as there was a subway station a couple blocks from the property.

You get what you pay for.

What they tell you is that they have free parking, what they don't, is it's first come, first serve parking. Most of the time we had to park on the side road and wake up before 7 so we wouldn't have to pay the parking fee. The place has roaches. The breakfast is nasty! The eggs and sausage taste like government insta-meals. Only thing good is the coffee and cereal. You can get a better meal from mcdonalds.

I liked that the building was located next to some shops and from the front, you could see the chrysler building.they have "breakfast". McDonald's is across the street.

I got what I came for-rest.

None of the safety locks on the door were lined up so could not be utilized. Could not take a shower, but not such an issue since I prefer baths.

The King sized bed was very comfortable

The location is close to any restaurants

Very bad shower fixtures: the shower-head didn’t work. very noisy room in front of the subway. Very bad lighting of the room: it was too dark and some lamps were missing. Breakfast very poor

The location is close to any restaurants

Worst experience

The customer service was terrible. There was no parking as promised. I had to pay to park or first come first serve on the street as i was told. The refridgerator in the room was broken. When i called to complain , they sent housekeeping who just plugged it in and it still never got cold. Then the television in the room didnt have cable as advertised but instead analog digital channels that didnt work. The staff was very unhelpful and didnt care about helping.

Location near the subway was good.

We stayed here often over the past 15 years, but the lack of cleanlinness means we won't be back.

The bedrooms are not clean. We were scratching from the moment we went into the room, we got quite a few insect bites - we suspect bedbugs. I saw a serious creepy-crawly in the bathroom on our first morning. The carpet seemed quite dirty.

Location is this hotel's key feature. A 5-minute walk to the 7 train, together with a 25-minute train journey, takes you to Times Square. So as good a location as a Manhattan hotel, but at a much better price.

It was nice, resnoble, clean, good breakfast, good location,...

One of the staff was rude, non cooperative, his name is vecram, he was the receptionist in the night shift, as we arrived at night, so he us only one meet us on arrival, first we didn't feel that he welcoming us, was so cold not smiling, I was with my husband and 2 kids with 4 big bags. We asked him about the elevator he said we can use it but we have to step down around 15 stairs with the bags in order to reach it, then we discovered just before check in that there is another elevator from the ground floor to the first floor we can use and avoid using the stairs anymore, then he refused to change the room when we asked for one on a better view on the main street and give us one with very bad view saying no available room, third which I couldn't tolerate actually that he tried to take a commission around 84 dollars to book for us the citysightseeing bus tour. It was very nice nice and our stay could be much better if this bad Vacurum wasn't there as another staff were nice and welcoming. I this this person has to be changed.

It was nice, resnoble, clean, good breakfast, good location, resnoble room

An acceptable hotel for visiting NYC.

We had a 1st floor room and the heater controls were above our head, so we had to stand on a chair to put the heat on.

Super convenient to the subway (3 blocks) and near a good diner for breakfast.

Good

I reached the hotel at 08.00 am on the 26 Nov 2017 and had to wait about 03.00 pm to check in. There was no flexibility for earlier check in

Yes bed was comfy and staffs cooperative

Helpful staff, quick check in - check out, very convenient...

Weird shower function, I couldn't find out how it properly works.

Helpful staff, quick check in - check out, very convenient location. My room was clean.

We made the best of it.

website posted a stock photo of a spacious, suburban LaQuinta. In reality, the hotel is up against the #7 train subway tracks and the trains run all night just outside your window. Also, neighbors in next room were quite noisy with multiple guests yelling and laughing on both nights of our stay. Eggs and sausage at breakfast were served cold. Neighborhood was industrial, not good for walking.

Bed was comfy.

could have been way better

Everything was going fine until the 3rd day that me and my pardner got stuck on the elevater,, it completely stopped on the 3rd floor while we were heading to the 5th floor,, needless to say my pardner was traumatized,, and refused to take the elevater the rest of the visit... Even worse,, no one apologized or offered anything....

Would not recommend anyone to stay here.

The rooms were dirty. The WC was not clean. Water leakage from the ceiling. Out of the city, so, we ended up paying a lot to the cab drivers.

Nothing much.

The proximity to the train station really made commutting to and fro the city center very easy

The room cleaning services need to be improved. I noticed that sometimes the cleaners just empty the trash and relay the bedsheets without cleaning the floor nor wiping the surfaces of the tables etc.

The breakfast was very good and well prepared. I really enjoyed the scrambled eggs and the bagels.

Good place to stay in Queens.

The breakfast, although perfectly adequate was a bit unexciting. One of the bed side lights didn't work but I'm sure if I'd got round to asking they would have replaced the bulb for me

Handy for the subway and surrounded but a good choice of places to eat. The rooms were well equipt and the wifi worked well.

Good for one or two days.

The bathroom had a water leak right on top of the toilet. The toilet also needs to be repaired, after you flush it the water keeps coming up. The window curtain needs to be fixed, we could not close it completely.

The breakfast was Ok and the room was clean. Friendly front desk.

Brilliant

Great value for the money. TV channels are minimal however I was not there to watch TV.

Location. 7 train is right there to get you into Manhattan and if you are visiting friends In Queens you get the best of both worlds. Plus a 24 hours McDonald's is next door.

Close to the line 7 subway on 40th St: 20 minutes away from...

If you've tried other La Quinta Inns, they will look like 5 star palaces compared to this one ! TOTALLY unworthy of that brand!Needs a HUGE refreshment, there are even plenty of holes in the curtains (which barely close anyway). The bathroom is horribly small and from another age, there is no elevator on the ground floor, guests need to use the lift for the disabled in order to bring their baggages up one floor. Personnel is so-so, nothing like the other hotels of the brand. The breakfast area is like the rest of the place, depressing and dry: you eat and get the hell out fast. The room didn't smell good, the little refrigerator was extremely noisy, the coffee machine I didn't even dare to drink out of it so I can't really say. You have been warned.

Close to the line 7 subway on 40th St: 20 minutes away from downtown Manhattan

The Truth

The rude staff and Dirty rooms and sheets and filth all over they also have old dirty indian man as maid just horrible.

It was close to McDonald's