Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Los Banos 3 stars

20 West Pacheco Boulevard, Los Banos, CA 93635, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in Los Banos

They over charged my card it said I would pay $108.80. I got charged $130.68. The floors were dirty. And the pool was smaller then advertised.

The beds and pillows and breakfast.

I thought my room came with a tub like the last time I booked and there was no tub. When I booked it stated there was a tub in the room.

The bed was super comfortable, the room was spotless, and the bathroom was very large with a very nice shower. There is also a decent breakfast selection.

• Executive King Room

My kids loved staying @ La Quinta & our little French Bulldog loved the AC. It was such a great place, we will come back, the kids are already asking when.

• Executive King Room

The walls are thin, had to listen to the late night conversation of the neighbor until one in the morning through the wall.

Unfortunately, the WiFi was not working, but the hotel adjusted the price of our stay to compensate us for the inconvenience.

Breakfast offerings were not kept full through the breakfast hours. We experienced luke warm water when looking forward to a HOT shower ... all three days were the same so it didn't appear to be a fluke.

Room was comfortably appointed (we were in handicap room) and conveniently located near an exit to the car. We had visited this location before so was the reason we re-booked this trip.

It was located across the street from a nice residential area where we could walk. We met several homeowners who were out working in their beautiful landscaped yards. This added greatly to our enjoyment of our overnight stay.

Would love to have had eggs.

Everything was fine. The staff was most helpful as an older aging person sometimes needs help getting into their room. The front desk lady went out of her way for me.

Please read above

The location was prefect, and I slept really well. The only thing I was not able to use my AAA discount and I am an employee of AAA, once I arrived at the location....The room also had a strange smell to it, and one of the closet doors did not open. I also wish there were more TV channel options. But overall this hotel was the best option on the list for my daughters event.

TV wouldn't work and hallways had things spilled and papers around and stairs needed cleaning and vacuuming. Candy and wrappers were on stairs shortly after check in and still there the next morning.

No eggs or protein for breakfast

Breakfast was bad. No eggs or meat of any kind. Some string cheese, fruit and cereal. Bread products. My husband is diabetic, and I try to avoid bread. It was advertised as a full breakfast, which it was not, and we had to stop at McDonalds on the way out of town.

Staff was good. Clean and comfortable bed.

Immediately upon checking in I realized they had ignored our request for a ground floor nearby room (we were traveling with a special needs 5yo with mobility issues). They put us on the second floor in the very last room, making it the longest possible walk for little guy. Second, the drinks in their mini-store are not only expensive, but expired, and upon pointing this out we were told we were out of luck, that’s all they had. We travel often for both medical appointments and for business and I’m not sure we will return to La Quinta. :(

The rooms are clean and enjoyable. The provided personal care items felt quality.

The rooms were clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. We were traveling to Disneyland with 10 kids so it was great to have the kids go swimming after bring in the car for 10 hours.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

I was pleased with everything.

Very clean, friendly staff, spacious room and the bed was so comfortable! The spa tub was amazing and the bathroom was very clean. Great water pressure in shower. Overall very very pleased...

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

No coffee or fireplace was not working

The bed was very comfortable the only problem was no coffee pot in our room we let them know but nothing was done.there was a slight problem with the fireplace it didnt want to go on no matter how much we tried to use it

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

That there was no hot water what warm water did come out dropped really slow out of the faucet and the fireplace didn't work.

It was big and very roomy

The property was clean and safe and the staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was fresh and had nice variety. We were needing a place to stay while on our road trip to LA and this place was conveniently located not far from the 5 fwy. I would recommend it to anyone traveling the area. Great value.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

That there was no divider between the jacuzzi tub and the rest of the room. I had children with me and I wish I had known would be no privacy. Since I had two children with me I wouldn't have rented the king room knowing that I would be nakef right there in front of everybody so I didn't get to use it all.

I wish I would have negotiated a better price for my stay

clean rooms, good breakfast, good nights sleep, good location, quiet, friendly staff, would recommend to others, would stay again if in the area or for a stop over

Breakfast was to small. One waffle maker needs at least 2. Waffles were the only hot item they offered. They could do more. Pool and Spa were closed. The place was nothing like the online pictures

Very very nice place. Very clean quiet. Have stayed here several times and love it, would always come back. The beds are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly

Hot tub was weak in the jets.

No eggs, but the waffle was good, good coffee, fruit, oatmeal all good. The pool indoors was clean and warm. Beds were firm and comfy. Best value at $79.00 + tax.

Bathtub was exceptionally slippery!

Easy check in; friendly staff; comfortable bed; plenty of outlets/connections for phones/tablets; speedy internet; proximity to casual dining.

The only bad thing is that the refrigerator wasn't working when we arrived, but front desk informed us of their refrigerators that defrost themselves and then reset within a certain amount of hours. We had brought snacking food that needed refrigeration as soon as we got there, but we got through it okay until the refrigerator came back on, using the ice machine.

Friendly staff. We were here to celebrate Christmas with our family in Los Banos. Fantastic place to stay and the only one we recommend there. Thanks for such a great experience!

• King Room - Disability Access

Need to have equal amounts of cream and sugar packets in room for coffee pot example 3 coffee packs and need 3 cream and sugar packets

Did not see any eggs, coffee was very good

Staff were really amiable; breakfast was standard, simple yet satisfactory; the room was bigger than I imagined and was really clean. Enjoyed a great night there.

• Executive King Room

Probably the area wasn’t the greatest, Very agriculrural. Nowhere to go.

Executive king size suite was very comfortable. Large room, chaise lounge, comfortable bed.

All the breakfast pastries looked stale and unappetizing. Breakfast was supposed to be at 7 but the staff was still putting out food at 8. The coffee machine was not working and the staff member barely undestood enough english to understand the problem

Very clean.

Clerk accidentally gave another guest our room key and they began to enter our room at 10:30 pm after we were in bed. The door safety lock prevented them from entering. The morning supervisor made an adjustment to our bill for the frightening experience.

Nice breakfast. Blueberry toast was awesome.

that we could not rent a movie

rooms were clean, spacious and breakfast good. Only thing I was not really happy with is that I was not able to rent a movie. Was not able to really find anything good to watch on regular basic cable or even HBO so I feel that customers should have the opportunity to rent a movie.

• King Room - Disability Access

This hotel should receive a 1.0. But the lowest score it can receive is a 2.5. I didn't know this was how the ratings were formulated. I would double check with Yelp before you book your next stay. Where to start. I'll start positive and say that the pictures from the website of the hotel are really nice and inviting. They've done some remodeling and made some improvements for sure. But what's the point of waisting all that money if you're not planning on keeping the place clean. We checked in at 12am during Labor Day weekend from a wedding and we're exhausted. As we received our keys to our room, we pulled around the back and came through the back door. This is where everything went wrong. When we opened the back door to get into the hotel building a swarm of red bugs went scattering everywhere. Probably at least 50. NASTY!!!. My girlfriend screamed and we're both disgusted. We got into our room, showered and passed out. When I woke up in the morning I started to realize how nasty the hotel was. While sitting on the toilet, I was looking around and there was filth all over the doors and walls. I went down to go workout and then planned on going for a swim. That didn't plan out very well. The pool was disgusting. You couldn't see the bottom of the pool. There was trash and debris all throughout the pool area. I ended up working out. That went okay, except for the fact that the machines look liked they've never been cleaned. They were out of hand wipes and had a spot for towels, but were out. I took pictures of everything I saw, leaving out a few things. Really the pictures don't really show you much. You have to see it for yourself. When we had breakfast in the morning, (which by the way the only hot food they had were waffles)there were flies constantly landing on the tables and on me. Every single glass door had finger prints and marks all over them. With build up of stickiness along the bottom of the doors.

This hotel should receive a 1, but the lowest it can get is a 2.5. Where to start. I'll start positive and say that the pictures of the hotel are really nice and inviting. They've done some remodeling and made some improvements for sure. But what's the point of waisting all that money if you're not planning on keeping the place clean. We checked in at 12am during Labor Day weekend from a wedding and we're exhausted. As we received our keys to our room, we pulled around the back and came through the back door. This is where everything went wrong. When we opened the back door to get into the hotel building a swarm of red bugs went scattering everywhere. Probably at least 50. NASTY!!!. My girlfriend screamed and we're both disgusted. We got into our room, showered and passed out. When I woke up in the morning I started to realize how nasty the hotel was. While sitting on the toilet, I was looking around and there was filth all over the doors and walls. I went down to go workout and then planned on going for a swim. That didn't plan out very well. The pool was disgusting. You couldn't see the bottom of the pool. There was trash and debris all throughout the pool area. I ended up working out. That went okay, except for the fact that the machines look liked they've never been cleaned. They were out of hand wipes and had a spot for towels, but were out. I took pictures of everything I saw, leaving out a few things. Really the pictures don't really show you much. You have to see it for yourself. When we had breakfast in the morning, (which by the way the only hot food they had were waffles)there were flies constantly landing on the tables and on me. Every single glass door had finger prints and marks all over them. With build up of stickiness along the bottom of the doors. Oh, plus every single trash can was nasty. I mentioned all of this to the manager that was working and she seemed to take it all in as good as she could.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

I couldn't find parking one night...and I paid for a room. Frustrating to not have enough spaces for hotel guests.

Liked the fireplace. Liked the spa tub.

Limited & not very knowledgable staff available at arrival. Not much eagerness to help us out when we had an issue with the hotel for the next night (hotel not reachable due to wildfires).

Silent hotel, very nice indoor pool. Parking close to the room. Perfect for an overnight stay.

Bathroom poor laid out, had to wiggle into the shower by sweeping past the toilet. The water leaked out the door making the tile floor slippery unless a few towels were laid down for traction. I called the hotel to be sure they served a full breakfast and I was told they did and they did not. This was important because I was traveling with someone with special dietary needs.

The facility was clean and the bed comfortable. Interaction with staff was fine.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

When we arrived there was no front desk clerk. when had to look for her. When we finally found her and checked in, she just was not welcoming. Also, there was a guy on a couch by the desk sitting there for a while. not sure of the relationship; however, when we did come down they were on the couch doing something with their phones. When we pulled the covers down there were two stains on the bottom sheet. I called to request a new sheet. She said said no one from housekeeping was there and that I needed to go down and get a sheet. When I went down she was on the couch with the guy, still. When I interrupted them, she got up went a got a bottom sheet which was not even folded nice. She further advised I had to put the sheet on myself!! The guy was eating a bowl of noodles or something in a bowl. I have never been treated like that, not even at a Motel 6! I was appalled and would not want someone like that whom was obviously not interested in her job nor providing a welcoming environment. Highly disappointing. This review is absolutely the worst one I ever written. I advise you to go to any other hotel in the area; however, the price was right. I would have paid double the amount at any other hotel. You get what you pay for! I do not recommend La Quinta Inn and Suites!

If you have to travel to Los Banos, this is the only place to stay. Outstanding staff, restaurant recommendations, directions, regardless of time of day, the front desk was very reactive to every request and with a smile. This part of the country can be excessively hot, and the room air conditioner was able to maintain my desired temp. without continually recycling. The 24 hour pool and exercise room allowed me to maintain my regular schedule. And oh yeah, the rooms were exceptionally clean and with full sized shower stalls in stead of tubs in the bathrooms. With my wife needing to visit her new grandbaby at least 6 times a year from here on, I have a place to stay with a large desk to work on while she's visiting and a quiet place to sleep at night.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

There wasn't a little table to sit at. Since we were traveling with our dog, we stay in. We ordered a lovely Italian dinner at the restaurant next door, but had to eat at the 'desk' that was in the room. Fortunately, it was quite large.

We were on Leg 2 of our trip from Portland to LA and the stay here was very relaxing. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean and tidy. We will be staying here on our way back!

Our bed was exceptionally big and comfortable! The room was very clean. The location is perfect for traveller. Breakfast did not include a big choice of food, but it was very good and the breakfast area was very relaxing

• King Room - Disability Access

Didn't like a youngster and woman playing catch with a small ball in pool. She was even hit in face with it. Needed a sign to let me know where pool was instead of just an exit sign ( at least for me LOL)

Liked the cleanliness. Refrigerator and microwave in room was a plus.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The staff wasn't very nice along with when I asked if there was any rooms with a bath tub instead of a stand up shower they said it would cost more and that they only had a few with bath tubs. I already paid $120 for a 1 night stay and that was way to much in my opinion so I wasn't very happy.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Breakfast was typical "free breakfast" fare (i.e., not very good)--except I don't recall seeing any eggs (even the unappealing powdered "scrambled eggs" typical of free breakfasts). Coffee was pretty bad.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

We only stayed the one night, so there was nothing that we didn't like.

This was a jem. Clean, spacious, great breakfast at facilities. The staff were extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The whole experience

We would have liked to stay but they sold our room even after i messaged to say we would be very late ..bad realy bad.. had to get a motel down the road at 1am .. do not book here unless you are on time haha thdy still might sell you out

There was trash left in the room when we arrived. The waste baskets were full. The Wi-Fi never did work, so we couldn't get online. There was no working fan in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Two of the three Handicap rooms are used for storage. Front Desk said not that many handicap rooms are used. But I called and asked for one and was told none were available. I did get a $49.00 discount per night, but my daughter didn't get a shower during our 2 night stay. I could not recommend this hotel to other disabled travelers, disappointed.

No eggs just waffles, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Would of liked eggs for some kind for protein. Just boiled ones would have been good

La Quinta was one of the best hotels we had stayed at in our nomadic journey the last two months. The indoor pool was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Executive King Room

Only when I went to check in we had to wait quite some time because there was a fire inside, and there was a lot of smoke. Here hotel smelled like smoke for most of the night, and fans were all over the hallways. I feel I should be comped a room for next time.

I usually stay here often, and I like it.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Breakfast was limited. The only hot item was a waffle which the batter was so runny it stuck to the waffle maker. Bathroom at check in was not clean. Toilet paper dispenser was not working and there was no hand soap.Don't remember if Clerk at check in ever made eye contact.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

OMG The room was amazing. Spa NOT inthe bathroom like most. Fireplace!! Beautiful!! Too bad I'm single and not dating. RM 211 I will ask for that room in the future!! I took pictures to swwhow my daughter.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Nothing. But be warned, no elevator to second floor if you are handicapped, they are the nicest quietest rooms.

Small town location just off highway 5, quiet clean, remodeled rooms under new owners, much nicer than it was as a quality inn. Delicious locally family owned Italian restaurant across the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Breakfast was a continental breakfast of toast or waffles. Toaster was broken and bread was frozen. Staff was polite but apparently no one at the facility was empowered to go to Kmart or target to spend $15 to get a working toaster.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Staff was hard to find, didn't say much about facilities or breakfast time (almost missed on that one). The side door of the building didn't lock, though it seemed like it suppose to.

Excellent breakfast, clean room, really good deal for the price. From now on will be looking for La Quinta wherever we go. Excellent location, nice little town with plenty of places to eat or shop for necessities.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

A breakfast could have better options (like boiled eggs or something hot), but at the price I paid I would not expect it.

This is a very clean, new, comfortable and convenient location, 4 miles away for I-5 so it is very quiet. Room had nice furniture and a comfortable bed. They are pet friendly. The staff and receptionist were great. They even had somewhat basic breakfast included. Very fast internet access. This is the first hotel (out of the row including Mariott and Hilton) where the ventilation in the bathroom really works! Breakfast until 10am. I definitely would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

No electricity and not being able yo bathe.

We had no electricity for several hrs and we could not bathe properly n the breakfast was awful! I was very dissatisfied! I asked to see the mgr and he never came. I left my email n phone#. I never hearfcfrom anyone til now.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Would have liked eggs added to breakfast

Breakfast was Good for the price. Even though full this was the most quiet room of any place we have ever stayed Very Clean room and comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The iron was not working. The bad made a clunk noise when i moved around. The paint needs a lot of touch ups. The tv channels were not working properly

The bed was big and comfortable. Nicely decorated

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The room and dining area are very clean. The beds are comfortable. I would definitely stay again if going to that area. Modern decor and large room and bed.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Bathroom door didn't lock (it wasn't broken or anything, just a type handle that doesn't have a lock mechanism on it). Beds were really tall (my 3 year old couldn't get up/down without help, and neither could I since I'm 7 months pregnant). Breakfast was good, but the only hot food was waffles (no eggs, bacon/sausage, etc).

Love the indoor pool (and open 24/7 - awesome!). Room decor was modern/updated. Washer/dryer on site (helpful when you travel with a toddler, and also helpful to dry our swimsuits quickly before packing them in our suitcase). Staff was super friendly, and when I asked for an upstairs room, she quickly noticed that I was pregnant and offered to put us near the elevator.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

It really needed a paint job. There were footprints on the walls and lots of hole marks scratches and scrapes. Breakfast could use some protein choices:eggs meats and cheeses.

The bed was wonderful, very clean and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Bed pillows were too hard.

Room was clean and neat and did not smell like deodorizer. The bed was firm but okay. Breakfast options were fresh and the coffee was very good. Staff was friendly and professional. The Italian restaurant across the parking lot is excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

No complaints here

Crisp clean good value with a 24 hour pool and nice friendly front desk staff. Free breakfast but not cooked More like continental but FREE though

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Parking and they could use another elevator.

Overall a great place to stay if you're passing through to San Fransisco. I regret not taking a picture of the room for you, it really was nice and roomy. we definitely will be staying there again.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

La Quinta Inn & Suites is ideal for families. The rooms are really large, comfortable beds - just really good value for money! The kids enjoyed the pool a lot!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

I just loved how clean everything was and the staff was awesome! The hotel was better than I expected and very comfortable. I also loved that the pool was 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

I believe when you offer a breakfast, it should be more than just cereal(stale) and pastries (not enuff on hand). There was a waffle maker, but the line to wait was ridiculous. As busy as the mornings get (and that was just a one stay), the kitchen staff should have been more attentive to checking the quality of the food.

I was pleasantly surprised how nice the room was. The staff was friendly and ease of check in was awesome. Plenty of parking and food locstions were very close by (PLUS)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Doors had too much of a gap when closed. Could hear everything going on in the hallway. One closet door would not close properly

Very clean room with a super comfortable bed. Big TV. Spacious shower

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The bed was too firm. I found a some hair in the shower. The towels looked a little dingy.

It felt clean overall and updated. True to the photos online. I would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

The room was super nice...looked just like the picture on the site, which is rare. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The pool area was awesome, my kids loved it. And, it was open 24 hours! It was further off the 5 than I thought, but not too bad. Lots of stores close by. I would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

My room wasn't even ready by3. Still don't to wait 30 Min. I know not Much. But when they are been really stric about early check in and have so many rules.. They should have your room ready.asap

Very clean, quite.

Breakfast area was small and very crowded. We left and ate somewhere else.

Bed was comfy

Breakfast was toast, yogurt, cereal and waffles. Hard boiled eggs would have been a good addition

Fiber pillows!!! I am allergic to down

It was very clean and comfortable

The indoor pool and jacuzzi was amazing!! Breakfast was ehhh... but free.

Good bed

• Executive King Room

Quality of the entire hotel and rooms. Danielle at the Los Banos location went Out of her way to make our stay a great one.

value for the money