Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport 3 stars

53 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029, USA

#1 of 7 hotels in Essington

• Executive King Room

we rented executive suite. small. lousy toiletries. two tvs neither tv worked . called front desk ,they sent a guy up. he said it was the satalite tv nothing they could do. 50 yrs staying in hotels first one with no tv. you guys must be joking. we weren't happy . front desk could careless.

great location, nice staff, cofe-fe in lobby very good. printing boarding passes on lobby computer great timesaver.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had issues with my room key card multiple times. When I first arrived to my room the door was partially opened, I immediately went back to the check-in desk to inquire. They did send someone up there to confirm there was no danger present. They concluded that the staff that inspected the room must have forgotten to close it completely. Although it was located off I-95, there weren't much food options close by other than Dennys and Philly diner, though that's better than nothing.

Spacious room and bathroom. AC blew cold. Bed was comfortable. Staff was helpful. I was always able to get parking close to the hotel entrance. It was located off I-95.

Read above

Had a Handicapped room, foe some reason, since hotel was booked didn't complain. But did not like sliding bathroom door (lack of privacy). And the fan on the air conditioner was very loud. But room , weight room, breakfast, and hotel overall were good.

• Executive King Room

Very comfy bed, large room, staff was extremely gracious & quick to answer any questions I had regarding long term parking and airport shuttles. Stress-free experience!

• Executive King Room

No amenities, there were hairs left on shower wall, the shuttle van driver had smoked in the van just before picking us up, the van was dirty and makes a really bad first impression, staff okay but lacks some professionalism

Beds were comfortable. I had a loud family in the room next to me and they moved me to another room immediately upon request.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows of the property were uncomfortable and the breakfast was almost never refilled. Breakfast finished at 9:30 AM, I went to eat at 8:30 AM for 2 days and there were no more syrup, fruits, and orange juice.

The property was very close to the airport as I needed. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Executive King Room

We were happy that a room was available as we had driven 300 miles to escape an impending blizzard in New England. Our flight was cancelled out of Hartfotd, CT, and was rebooked out of Philadelphia. We were concerned that our flight would still be cancelled out of Philadelphia. At the time, we weren't concerned about amenities.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I believe the hallways need to be upgraded.Such as carpet and the Wall paper

The property was clean and the staff were professional.The transactions were transparent

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

What was in the picture wasnt in the room . The room had features in the pictures, that werent in the room and the room cost more than itvwas originally booked for

Not too much it was small

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The walls must be made of paper. Youcan hear everything from the next room. The people in the next room were up at 3:30 and heard everything they said and shower water!!😩😩😩😩

Breakfast , bed comfortable clean room

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My booking was made online and appeared to include free parking. Once I arrived at la quenta, I was informed that was an internet special and did not include parking. Room price jumped by a third. That was the only glitch.

Bed was comfortable and staff was very helpful in providing me with information about delivery services in the area. Shuttle ran on time & drivers extremely professional.

• Standard King Room

Room everything Young man that fills up breakfast station walked up to me like I did pay for anything. Said to me I just saw you outside do you have a room. Didnt like that at all!!!!!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom wasn't amazing in my room

The airport shuttle was easy to use, check in was easy, and the bed was comfy. It was also really nice that the breakfast starts at 5 am instead of 6 (for the early flights)

• Standard King Room

Breakfast could be improved ...seems like a couple walked off the street ...stuck his hands in the food without using the tongs...bacon was lousy ....

• Standard King Room

Poor house keeping (our hallway was not vaccumed for the 3 days we were there, we know because there was a dental floss stick on the floor near the elevator the whole time), less than friendly staff, breakfast was posted 6:00- 9:30 and when we arrived to eat @ 9:05 we were told that the items that had been used up would not be replaced after 9:00 by order of the management. If I see a sign stating “Breakfast 6:0” to 9:30” I expect it to be available intil 9:30 !!!!

• Standard King Room

Had issues with the key card but was fixed right away.

Easy to find and friendly staff. Breakfast was good too. The bed was comfortable and the room wad clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Older property in need of a deep cleaning, repairs and a cosmetic update.

Location was good for our purpose. Price was on par with other similar properties.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleanliness of the common area wasn't good. Besides, the first day my room wasn't made. In the second it was, but not even the trash was emptied.

The staff in front desk was nice and the breakfast was ok.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staffs were not very helpful. 1. we were two in that room, when I was checking, the staff only gave me one room key, and told me "all room are booked, so I can't give you any extra key". not comfortable convenient for family travellers. 2. The room door(Room 508) totally can't be closed easily, just because of two screws were loose, we had told them several times, but in 3 days, nobody came to repair it. every time we had to closed that door dangerously, nobody care, so bad!

The location was good,

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The "ultra fast" internet wasn't. We lost power and apparently after that, the water heater needs to be restarted. Well, it wasn't and I had to take a cold shower my final morning there.

The room layout and bathroom.

• Executive King Room

Hair everywhere, like alot. I found other peoples hair more than 10 times.( big and long curly aww) They charged me 3 times i had to come back and talked to them, They didnt have hair dryer, tooth brush, no lotion. I could hear people talking around our room.

• Standard King Room

The best description of this hotel is soap and paint make it look like what ain’t . The initial impression this hotel presents to guests is was recently renovated . But don’t let those looks fool you . Both elevators will leaving waiting for a extremely long time best to use the stairs . The comforter on our bed had blood stain on it. The thermostat on the wall was not connected to heat or ac unit and temperature in the room was hard to regulate . Our second night there a mystery water leak began comming out of a vent above the sink and John from maintaince explained there was leak in room above us and water would eventually stop leaking . He used our towels clean up and never replaced them . We waited about half hour to recive clean towels . The hall ways through out the hotel are dirty and unkept . The women running the breakfast in the morning has zero people skills .

Nothing not to like.

Proximity to Philadelphia Airport, the availability of complimentary airport shuttle, price of room and friendliness and helpfulness if hotel staff make La Quinta a perfect resource when I fly to or from Philly and need a room for the night!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We stayed two nights, room was empty from 10am until 8 pm and nobody cleaned our room or changed towels. Stuff is on their cell phones all time, and not nice to guests at all. Restrom wasn’t clean at all. I

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hallways and room was dark and dingy. The doors and walls in hallway were scuffed and dirty and the door to outside parking was taped open so that anyone could get in. (Most places have keyless entry on these doors, but not here). I was on the first floor and didn't feel really secure.

• Standard King Room

The bathroom had not been cleaned from previous client which was noticeable from the state of the toilet , so we asked to be moved to a different room, The buffet breakfast was eaten off of paper plates and plastic utensils , The staff need more training or change them as they do not enjoy there job as one sat in lobby on her mobile phone complaining to the person on other end of line while we sat next to her .

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a huge roach in my room. No one was on duty to help get rid of it. They asked if I wanted a wake up call and I never got one. There was no phone in my room. Had to call hotel from my cell phone to request assistance.

Location is close to airport. Reasonable price for a short stay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast room was not replenished regularly. First morning no staff around and hardly any thing available. Not much inprovement next two days.

Front staff member on arrival and shuttle driver very friendly.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Prior to making the reservation I called the hotline to confirm the airport shuttle would be available due to our flight arriving at 12:47 am. I was told yes and to just call the front desk when ready for pick-up. However when I called at 12:50 am I was told their last pick up is at 12:45am. The front desk employee did attempt to arrange pick-up via two nearby hotels but was unable to. As she was explaining to me that we would have to arrange a taxi, the shuttle driver happened to walk by her and she asked if he would come get us. Shane (the driver) was very friendly and accomodating to the late pick up. If you are providing airport shuttle service as an amenity you need to provide the service 24 hours!

The beds were comfortable and for a Saturday night stay this was probably the quietest hotel we had ever stayed at even though it was close to full occupancy.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

you have to check in until 3pm, parking spaces next to restaurant, too confused and not enough signs

24 hours coffe machine, check out at 12 pm, close to I-95,

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff. The lack of cleanliness. The check in and check out process left much to be desired. Not enough staff to handle phone calls and complaints. We will never return to La Quinta.

Location was ok.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The billboard was a bummer — if you can, request a room on the side of the hotel that faces the access road; it should be less noisy and the light from the billboard won’t be an issue then. Despite those issues, I would stay there again.

Generally good hotel — very close to the highway, which is a double-edged sword, because while it was easy to find, you could hear the traffic. Other issue is an electronic billboard less than 50 feet away from the property, which was flashing messages to northbound I-95 travelers, and me, all night long. The window shade covered most of the light, but it was initially a bit unnerving. Room was good sized and comfortable. Breakfast was above average. Easy access for visiting the University of Pennsylvania, which was the purpose of our trip.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard King Room

They could provide a vanity kit including toothbrush, toothpaste etc. for when clients stay because their flights were cancelled - and a small shop selling underwear!

Not one complaint

Room was extremely clean , fresh smelling, beds very comfortable. Breakfast was hot and fresh. Our stay was great and I highly recommend. Will stay here again. Was able to print boarding passes before leaving for the airport. Shuttle to the airport was great. Lots of amenities.

• Standard King Room

There were a couple of things to nitpick about, however: one of the rear side doors had no security because the card reader was broken, the elevator was pretty slow. Request for a late checkout (2pm) was denied even though we came in late (after midnight) the first night.

Breakfast was really good, this is one of the better La Quintas I've been to. Location is convenient because you can access Philly downtown in 20mins and this is a reasonably quite locale. Staff was courteous and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One person registering tired people at 7 p.m. evening, long line. Got to room 228--Room had not been cleaned! Called front desk (one person registering) took a while for someone to come to room--Finally was assigned to another room #320--Sink clogged--water did not drain out...Refrigerator not working--fruit & drinks had to be thrown out--did not get cold--

Bed/mattress was comfortable--Room temperature was comfortable Breakfast was good & hot

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Perfectly adequate airport hotel.

Shane, the shuttle driver, was very friendly. Knew a lot of Philly info. Great start to the trip. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet and of good size. Breakfast options were adequate.

• Standard King Room

My husband thought the bathroom floor felt grimy. I thought the hallways seemed less clean than I'd have hoped. I requested a 2pm early check-in. We were delayed and didn't arrive until 3.15p (regular check-in is 3pm). Our room was ready. They asked for 10 minutes to check on it. After 20 minutes of waiting, I had to ask about the status. Turns out it was ready but they didn't take the next step to tell us.

I had a very pleasant interaction with house-keeping.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a cool night and the heat was not working properly. Did not know that I had to call to arrange airport shuttle pick up. If not for other travelers, I could have waited a long time before realizing I needed to call.

• Standard King Room

The beds were "luxury mattresses" but the pillow top makes it too soft for us.

Our flight was canceled and we had to find a place to stay at the last minute. It was fine.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That I couldn't stay longer :)

Awesome location, super clean rooms, exceptionally friendly staff. There was a young lady at the front desk named Ebony who was absolutely A M A Z I N G !!! She is the reason why we are coming back to this and only this hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was not that great. One of the staff members at the desk when I first arrived too early was a little rude but Lynda was very helpful and informative and took over the situation. I guess Lynda observed my facial expression.

I love the fact that there was a Denny's in the same area-opposite parking lot. When I finally checked in that evening the young lady was great I can't remember her name but she was attentive. And when I got to the room it was stinky so I called down to the front desk they came promptly with a new room and keys for me. Also, the room service staff and supervisor were great at bringing me new towels within the time of my stay without me having to call anyone for service. The location is very close to the highway. Loved the free wifi very fast. My guests that came to visit loved the room they were surprised how nice the room was laid out. Thanks Lynda for the speedy checkout and your ability to handle upset guest that was rude and interrupted my checkout. You kept your cool showed your concern to him letting know you were almost finished with me and you will get right to him is a moment. You look your time with me to make sure I was comfortable with my receipt then as I said goodbye you began to address him.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the bed sheet was not really clean. I asked for a late check out to the girl at the front desk that night and was told to call the next day early in the morning..and I needed the late check out because I don't want to wake up early..it doesn't make sense for me to wake up early just to ask for it..then I ended up being up at 1130am called the front desk agent who denied it to me..so we just have 30mn to leave the room..me and my 76 years old mother..take shower and everything..never being rushed like this in a hotel .

The bed

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We got stuck in the elevator for about 5 minutes. The shower was on the small side.

Breakfast was good, the hotel was cute, modern, and the staff for the most part were very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I loved everything about my stay. Breakfast was also great.

I loved my room. The bed was excellent. I actually miss it. I loved the colors of the room. I loved the couch in my room. If I didn't want to lay down and watch television. It was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Executive King Room

The hot food at the breakfast buffett wasn't that appealing. The Scrambled eggs was hard and they only had pork meat to serve.

The room was very nice and comfortable.. I had an issue with the heat. But Maintenance fixed it within Minutes.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The door to the room didn't automatically latch upon entering the room, raising security concerns

The bed was quite comfortable. The room was nicely updated. There were, however, some run down and dingy looking spots on the walls and in the bathroom. A fresh coat of paint may be due.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast response was rather rude, we thought. And the housecleaning staff on our floor was too busy chatting and arguing about who said what to even acknowledge our comment that we were checking out and our room was available to clean. There were about 5 of the cleaning staff standing in the middle of the hall chatting and arguing. Not a pleasant memory for our stay!

The desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast fare was okay. But the last morning we were there, we arrived at the breakfast area at 9:10 a.m.. There were no more eggs and we asked the kitchen hostess if she was going to bring out more eggs. She said no, it would take her 15 minutes to cook them and by that time it would be time to close up the breakfast area. Not every good customer service!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My room was dirty, with spider nest in two corners of the my rooms.

Parking

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place is clean, meets all basic needs

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff failed to clean our room and we had to request towels.

The room was spacious.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having free breakfast available to the guests was definitely a bonus

No pool or hot tub.

Great beds!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was not stocked with enough towels for all to shower.

Hotel was conveniently located and reasonably priced, with comfortable accommodations.

Front desk was rude.

Awesome king suites.

My boys loved it.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Third year staying @ LaQuinta come for birthday May 4th. Joy, Shane, Ebony & all staff professionalwith providing service.

Rude Front Desk

Very clean, amazing shower.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A heavy order of crabs and water seeping from the wall onto the carpet.

The bed was comfortable and clean. Room was spacious.

Nothing, perfect stay.

Everything, was very clean and neat. Quiet and helpful staff.

• Executive King Room

The breakfast food was cold. The bagels were good.

Service at front desk

• Executive King Room

Well I didn't like when I called for blankets for the pull out bed and they never came,other than that it was good.Thank you

• Executive King Room

the executive king room was very big and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Loved the shower.

No complaints

The room was very spacious

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hallway carpets were dirty. Elevator was stuck on the second floor. No hairdryer. Busy night with a slow staff member who had a hard time coping.

Breakfast with waffles

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bottom sheet had a stain on it that was rather disgusting Coffee in room was really weak

The bed was comfortable and room was clean.

• Standard King Room

Very prevalent odor in multiple spots of marijuana.

The location near the airport and the overall position of other resources was good.

The eggs

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from the air conditioning block outside my room

Clean, comfy, well equipped

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was a little weird. Seemed very old

Cinnamon roll waffles were godlike and the bed was comfy

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Spacious and clean and next to a diner

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I did not like was that I could hear everything my neighbors did or talk the walls are not soundproof you can hear everything

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The service at the front desk