Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West 3 stars

1390 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Millbrae

Based on 1916 hotel reviews

Room is large and clean.

For an overnight stay (for late arrival & early departure the next morning at SFO)the wait for airport shuttle took too long. Also, hotel staff should describe the shuttle to guests since several hotels share the shuttle and La Quinta did not pay for prime ad on the shuttle bus. For eg "Best Western" was in big letters, La Quinta in small print. We kept looking for La Quinta and could have missed the bus the first time it came around. The wait was over 50 mins we finally took Uber to the hotel.

Room is large and clean. Too far from terminal for an overnight stay especially when shuttle bus is not readily available.

Nice
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking is full usually and entrance height short for SUV with upper deck

Location is unique, nice breakfast, pool is very good, reception staff are so friendly and provide all types of help

Could not arrange shuttle pick-up, Wi-Fi poor, convenient location.

It was not possible to call the hotel to arrange a shuttle pick-up upon arrival--calling the national reservation line finally got a shuttle to appear. Upon arrival at the hotel when this was pointed out to the front desk they implied I dialed the wrong number (which I did not and I dialed numerous times) and when I volunteered to show the front desk exactly what I had done on my phone so they could directly observe that a call did not go through they said they did not have time for the demonstration. The Wi-Fi worked only sporadically in the lobby and not at all in the rooms.

Clean room is a convenient location with a free shuttle.

Near to the airport.
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

Wifi was not working at all..and the hotel manager just gave the third party contact number and asked to solve the issue ourselves with them. It's ridiculous.

Near to the airport...

great stay.

Close to airport.

It was very clean place to stay and very close to the airport. Underground parking at no extra charge. Price included free breakfast. The breakfast had many different food items. Staff was excellent in the morning .

you have to hop on the correct shuttle bus from airport,...

you have to hop on the correct shuttle bus from airport, there are two La Quinta Inns near the airport but they have different shuttles. Driver told me you are on the wrong bus you need to get on the correct one, but how do I know?

Good option for who wants to stay close to the airport.

Wi-fi didn't work in the room.

Good option for who wants to stay close to the airport. The shuttle (hotel-airport works very well, every 30 min). Also, the staff was very kind.

Helpful staff, good location for travellers who want to be...

Sub standard breakfast and internet was very slow

Helpful staff, good location for travellers who want to be close to the airport. The shuttle service ran on time and without fuss.

A good/comfortable location close to the airport.

First day the WiFi was very slow and spotty. Apparently there must have been an issue at that particular time, since the next day it was fine.

Room we had was very spacious and the accommodations comfortable. Room also was quiet. Staff were all very friendly.

frustrating lack of sleep the biggest inconvenience ever

The only reason why I stayed at this hotel is because it was located next to the airport and according to the website it included the parking Ride to the airport . I am staying in California for business and I was flying home for the weekend. I specifically looked for hotel stays that included park and ride to the airport and per the website it clearly stated it would match those needs. I was also redirected to another website that includes additional discounts on park and rides if the hotel did not have room for my parking needs. I checked in around 11 o’clock at night and left the hotel at 6:30 in the morning to catch a flight at 7:55 so paying $138 seemed reasonable because my park and ride was included so not only was it not included I had to dish out another $103 to park my car at another location further away from the hotel and the airport . I had to drive to find that location it was a big mess. So frustrating lack of sleep the biggest inconvenience ever and when I called the front desk all they simply said was no we don’t include that..

That it was to the airport

The staff and shuttle service excellent. Plus plenty of varied eating places nearby.

Nothing really.

The breakfast was very good. I liked the professionalism and hospitality of the staff best! Plus it is a pet friendly establishment which I support 100%.

CLEAN.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast too small. Could be better quality. But nice coffee and waffels.

CLEAN. Very CLEAN. Nice and polite staff. Good location. Really recommend this hotel. Kids were happy, so do I. I came here straight after schock in Travelodge by Wydham.

I liked the friendliness of the staff and the free shuttle...

I did not like the standard of the breakfast. I prefer a larger selection of healthier options

I liked the friendliness of the staff and the free shuttle bus to and from the San Francisco International Airport.

Nice option if you have a car

- Facilities look a bit dated (even though some renovation has been done recently) - You pay the SF "tax" hotel would be overpriced anywhere else. - Rooms had windows on the back with no blackouts. Too much light in the morning

- Swimming pool was a blessing - Breakfast was above average - Staff was very friendly - Rooms were huge

we had a great time
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that I didn't have a reservation for check in even though I went through booking.com but the hotel set us up.

The room was great. The staff was very nice.

Facilities have all needed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

WIFI only works at the front desk and room size are a bit tight.

Facilities have all needed. Very clean. Good breakfast. No far from San Francisco. Less traffic compared with other areas. Gentle staff.

Good 3 star hotel with few things still to be improved
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only one lady at the front desk was polite and friendly. WiFi didn’t work for 3 days. And no backup/alternative connection was available. That’s a bit weird and below even minimal expectations for a hotel located on the edge of Silicon Valley. They use old and primitive swipe-only POS terminal to accept card payments and accept no cash. So if you came from Europe or other progressive place where people use cards with chips - you gonna have problems paying with your card. I had to try 3 different cards each had sufficient funds before I succeeded to pay. Girl at the front desk just kept repeating “I can’t help, your card was declined”, wasn’t helpful at all and wasn’t even trying to do anything to resolve this (contact manager or a POS-machine provider).

Very cozy, clean, super comfy mattresses, spacious rooms, reasonably priced, nice breakfast included, swimming pool in the hotel.

Staff was very nice.
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

The first room we stayed in was quite dark (brown walls and not much light) but moving to another room we could see this is not the case in all rooms.

Staff was very nice. Poolarea also. Breakfast was eggs, bacon, sausage, bread, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, and waffles + more. We liked 👍 Free parking in garage under hotel was very easy and nice also. The room itself was big, quiet, the beds ok. Very close to airport (10 minuts in car) and can recommend as “airport-hotel”. We did not go to downtown, as we had stayed there the week before. But other guests at the hotel used BART and rental-cars to go.

The staff were friendly & helpful on arrival but...

The staff were friendly & helpful on arrival but something went wrong with the shuttle the next morning; The morning man ordered a taxi & the motel paid for it. Fortunately I hadn't cut the timing too fine.

Great first experience

The team here was amazing and made me feel very welcome, despite my arriving at 3:30am. The night manager pushed my checkout to 1pm to give me a chance to sleep. The room was comfortable and the bed was perfect for my preferences. It was a bit noisy, but that is what you get for trying to sleep at 10am. The day staff were lovely as well, Sarah took me to find the coffee and we had a good chat about the UK where she grew up. The manager also spent a couple of minutes talking to me and discovering what I was doing in the area and where I was going next. This is the kind of detail that makes for great service. All in all, La Quinta was not a brand I was familiar with, but I now feel that I would give any of their locations a shot, and certainly stay at this one again.

Disappointment

I was owed a free night and the rewards program I have with you isn't what is stated. I am really really disappointed in your facility. And your rewards program doesn't promote honesty. I was given the runaround for hours and I finally gave up. You all need to reestablish honesty in your work ethics or your business will fail miserably. Lea A. Selleck LLC, INC

Good choice.

Attentive and cheerful staff. Airport transfer on time. Breakfast is ok but sufficient. Location is good with stores and restaurants all within 15 min walk.

The staff were so nice.
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

That we didn't stay longer!!

The staff were so nice. The property was incredibly clean and accommodating! We came in at 2 am and the gentleman at the desk was fantastic! Beds were so comfortable and much needed after a long day flying!!

Quiet, safe and clean.

I found it a bit odd that it seems I was put in a room that was still in the process of renovation. There was a huge space that looked like it had hookups for a washing machine? Other than that, the room was nice. Also, this is not a mark toward hotel management - just that since most La Quinta hotels are modeled on the outdoor stairwell theme, there tend to be people who think it is okay to hang out on the stairwell and smoke. Just lends a trashy persona and also, stinks up the surrounding areas when there are specific designated areas for smokers. Wish all hotels had complete non-smoking zones anywhere. Nasty habit, really.

I like the layout of the hotel and how it surrounds the very enticing outdoor area near the pool. I could see how on a warm and rare day/evening on the north Peninsula, lounging out there would be a huge plus. The rooms were clean and loved the super sized tub in my room. Staff was super nice on check in - no issues whatsoever.

First place I would think of when I want to book a hotel.

That I didn't have enough time to enjoy all the utilities available.

The bed was very comfortable and soft. It made me want to buy a mattress like that. Did not expect a kitchen and wish had more time to be able to use it. The mirror with the light is just awesome. Felt like I was getting ready to perform on a stage.

Breakfast was good.

Too noisy from heather and air conditioner. We couldn’t sleep at all. That place had a cockroach. So I couldn’t stay second day. I canceled second day and moved to other place.

Breakfast was good.

It was a memorable stay with my family. And will definitely go back there for leaisure.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

While searching at booking.com, the most cheapest among the good rates I have ever found with the reasonable price including breakfast... I never had a second thought but to book and conrfirm. Our first time to stay in La Quinta and among the others that we stayed in, this is the most cleanest and got the most almost complete amenities so far.

Breakfast was excellent.

Help at check-in was not too friendly and seemed uninterested/unmotivated.

Breakfast was excellent. For the most part, staff was great. Room was clean and larger than expected (larger than we actually needed.) Bed was excellent.

Close to the airport

No running warm water for a shower which I have never experienced in any hotel before. Also the room had an old musty smell, with no natural light coming in due to where it was positioned.

Close to the airport

The shuttle is very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The payment system is very aggressive. I received a message of preauthorization of the full amount in the morning, which never happened before in my trip. And the deposit preauthorization is very high and is not promptly cancelled after check out. It occupied way too much credit.

The shuttle is very nice. And the breakfast is opened a few minutes early for us to grab some food before the early shuttle to SFO

Good location, not great customer service

My non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes and when I told the staff they were like oh yes you're in that room...it just got a heavy cleaning. We know it smells but you won't be blamed for it. And they said that it was the last type of room that I reaerves available..meaning I was stick with it. Definitely be on the cautious side of shuttle...was running 15 minutes late.

Very comfy and located around a lot of restaurants. Spacious rooms. 5 minutes from the airport.

The kitchen was very impressive, it had everything we needed.

The kitchen was very impressive, it had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was good. I also liked that they had laundry services although I didn't have the chance to use them.

Great stay for a great price!

The rooms are comfortable and roomy. The bed is extremely comfortable. Room is tidy and close to airport. They provided a shuttle to the airport. Good breakfast (starting at 6 am which is a bonus--most don't open until 7.).

Property is in a good location - not too far from the...

Property is in a good location - not too far from the airport, and plenty of places to eat nearby (including a supermarket). Staff were friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle was excellent.

When we arrived, La Quinta did not have our reservation.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If booking.com had gotten our reservation right.

When we arrived, La Quinta did not have our reservation. Even though we got a confirmation email from Booking.com, they had nothing on us. The lady at the front desk said that when that happens through one of the on-line services, it's almost always Booking.com that is the one that has messed up, not Travelocity, Expedia, etc. We had booked about 3 days earlier. The normal hotel rooms were all booked, but the lady at the front desk gave us an extended stay suite for the same price as we were quoted on booking.com. Next time, we'll check with the hotel directly after making reservation through booking.com.

Great and cheap option if you're going to SFO
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That's not a problem, but a warning! There are two La Quinta Inn's close to SFO so make sure you double check the address before going there.

Free shuttle to the airport. Staff was great. We stayed just for a few hours while waiting for our flight but the room was super clean and had everything we needed.

Front desk lied
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They were not truthful about my reservation . They added one day even if i didn t need it. I even checked with them several times but they lied until it was too late .

Room was small for three but clean

NO DONT BOOK THIS NO NO NO
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

Every single thing. Gave us the wrong room number we had tried to enter our room and another guest opened his door shirtless to the shock of my wife. Hotel promised to contact us and reimburs us for the horrible stay but they never did. Stay away from this place!!

Horrible!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE BAD RECEPTION LYING STAFF 1.30 WAIT ON SHUTTEL IN THE COLD

The very helpful and nice staff

The breakfast was very basic and with plastic cutlery and plates, which is really not sustainable at all and unacceptable!!!we have to use less plastic if we don't wanna ruin our earth...

The very helpful and nice staff

There is a hotel in a very safe city

It is good to have freshly brewed coffee for breakfast.

Access to the SFO, Palo Alto, Burlingame, San Mateo and Half Moon Bay etc without traffic, efficient access. Safe from downtown, comfortable to stay 3 nights to 1 week. What is more, the Japanese restaurant is delicious. Japanese people of PGA and PGLA last week, Matsuyama and Miyazato are also customers.

Nice place but not sound proof enough

You could hear every plane that took off from the airport. I know it’s close and that’s why we stayed there, but they should have done more to reduce the sound. As it kept waking me up.

Nice pool area

Pleasant, comfortable hotel, convenient to the airport.

Design of hotel, around attractive central courtyard, was very nice. Free parking was easy and convenient. Good quality and variety of restaurants in walking distance.

Excellent hotel for your stay in San Francisco
    • King Room with Sofa - Non-Smoking

This hotel is perfect for your stay in San Francisco. Is very close to the airport (8 minutes driving distance). The facilities were impeccable, the staff is very friendly, the bedroom was perfect. I would stay again with them.

Near airport
    • Queen Room with Sofa - Non-Smoking

I lose my iphone in the hotel room ,i try several time to call them,but only answering machine ask to leave the message. I also send the email but untill today i haven’t received any reply.

Near airport

Close to airport, good shuttle, but loud street noises.

This LaQuinta is motel-style, with rooms that open to an outside corridor. Located on a busy street with loud street sounds all night.

Close to the airport and shuttle ran on time.

liked the size of the room.

I guess based on going to the airport to catch flights people were up making noise and closing room doors at 4 in the morning - would be great if doors weren't so loud when they close

liked the size of the room. Also the outside seating area. Breakfast was good too.

Helpful receptionists.
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

Close to airport so it is slightly noisy. The air conditioning was a bit old, the room felt a bit worn.

Helpful receptionists. Large room with a kitchen. Close to the BART train station. so you can get to the city without a car.

Convenient for an overnight stay.

It was a bit noisy with people walking past the room. Also we booked their shuttle back to the airport, but it didn't turn up. We were on the verge of getting a taxi, when the shuttle arrived 30 minutes late. It would be as well to book the shuttle earlier than the required time to ensure you don't miss your flight.

We only stayed one night to make a connecting flight. The room was very spacious and had a kitchen area, which could be very useful for a longer stay - fridge/freezer, microwave, cooker etc. They had a laundry on site, again this could be useful after a long trip.

Gets the job done

I had to wait 30mins for the shuttle at the airport...you have to call ahead as it doesnt have regular service. Its also quite far from the airport and in a neighborhood that I didnt feel very safe in.

Rooms have full kitchen, staff are super friendly, shared laundry room

Rude and disrespectful front desk manager
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1) rude and disrespectful front desk manager 2) no possibility to pay by cash 3) 3 out of 4 credit cards they didn’t accept 4) for 5 hours sleep at the hotel they “block” 100$ on your card and you have to wait them back 7-10 business days. No possibility to leave 100$ in cash P.S. straight after booking an email was sent with all the details and requests. No response on it.

The location is close to the airport but during the night shuttle buses stop working

clean room, bathroom.
    • Queen Room with Kitchen

A more secure parking area. Why isn't there a secure gate to the parking below? need more variety in cereals. Did not like the scrambled egg.

clean room, bathroom. I liked the big kitchen, the big stove and refrigerator. I liked the open walkway to the rooms. It enabled us to breath fresh air going to and from our rooms.

Convenient airport hotel

Convenient location close to airport. Free shuttle to and from airport. Breakfast is ok, not a massive choice but decent for the price. Seemed well equipped with gym and pool, although didn't use as I was hopping in and out of SF airport.

Good staff but sounds insulation could be better

Fairly poor sound insulation so noise from the road and other residents are quote loud. Didn't have a great sleep as result. Have shuttle to airport every 30 mins but not walkable to airport

Really nice staff, good bed

5.6
    The bed was comfortable although the room freezing.
    • King Room with Sofa - Non-Smoking

I had flight troubles and was only in the room for 4 hours. It would have been really great if you had a deal for such visitors in an urgent situation so we could get a real last minute discount given that the room would have been empty if I had not booked. You still come out ahead. I was in the room for about 4 hours gone by 4am and paid $150. And the room was absolutely freezing which took ages to warm up so I spent all this money to be terribly uncomfortable and didn't get much sleep. Uncomfortable.

The bed was comfortable although the room freezing.

Nice size room

No dislikes

Nice size room Clean 2 suitcase stands were very helpful Great size bathroom with supplies We will book here again. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Hidden Gem with great staff and clean comfortable rooms.

Not a deal breaker for me since I had a car, but it may be difficult to get to downtown San Francisco via public transport from this hotel, so be warned. The hotel is a 15 minute drive or 25 minute shuttle ride from the airport.

The staff were extremely kind and accommodating. We arrived late at night and left early and were always well taken care of. Our room was upgraded and was very comfortable and spacious. The free breakfast was delicious, and the airport shuttles, though a little slow, were very convenient. The parking lot was spacious.

The staff gave us a room without kitchen but was far from...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was very very simple, same as other hotels that we booked.

The staff gave us a room without kitchen but was far from the road, it was more quiet than apartment. The room is big and comfortable. Parking inside and secure. If talk about location, this hotel is very near to SFO, and many restraunts nearby. Just stay one night and took flight in the morning of the day after.

Fine for an overnight stay en route to or from the airport.

Difficult to reach someone at the hotel by phone - long wait in a hold queue. That may be more the fault of their phone system, rather than of hotel staff, who were very friendly and attentive. Aside from that: nothing against this hotel, but unless you're visiting Millbrae for some reason, there's not much reason to spend more than one night here.

Fine for an overnight stay upon arrival from Europe - reachable via free hotel shuttle with airport pickup. The included buffet breakfast was abundant and "good enough" and helped to make the price seem reasonable. Quiet at night and in the morning, despite proximity to the airport.

Lovely comfortable hotel.

Had to wait an hour for shuttle. After second call hotel offered to pay for cab if shuttle didn't make it within 10 minutes.

Room was great. Loved electric fireplace. Bed very confortable. Breakfast great even had bacon.

Will stay again and again.

Gave me a room on the back side to be quiet and private, but a large Garbage(?) truck woke me at 6 am by moving something not once but 3-4 times. :-)

Predictable, safe, pleasant staff, want to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The right spot!!

Location, Staff, Pricing, and Cleanliness. I chose this hotel over others due to price and availability. I am so pleased that I did. It's newly renovated, within walking distance to a BART station, and has a staff with a great attitude.

Won’t be booking again when I visit San Francisco
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom wasn’t clean at all, there was loads of different hairs all over the place on the walls, in the shower and in the plug hole which couldn’t be covered due to the plugging system. It wasn’t pleasant at all having to pull a clump of hair out the plug hole prior to bathing my 5yr old. I would have rather have spent a bit of extra money and got a more expensive hotel in the hopes it would have been cleaner.

The staff were friendly, locantion and airport coach driver were great.

Great breakfast.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Guests next door was yelling at midnight which disturbed our sleep but I think it rarely happened. We were just too "lucky".

Great breakfast. Comfy bed. Nice location. Willing to stay again.

Very good potential but left very unsatisfied.

The duty managers non responsiveness to my issues, very frustrating for a traveller who only stayed for 1 night and needed a decent sleep

Phone didn’t work in the bedroom and the toilet had plumbing issue. Both issues were raised with staff during the night but I was told nothing could be done (I don’t think they believed me). Next morning I was promised I could chat to the manager, but to no avail. I was promised that they would call me or email me but that was 3 weeks ago now... I’m not a frequent stayer with them so unfortunately the standard of service (resolving problems) is not high on their agenda.

I would be comfortable here for an extended visit to the city.

Nothing--everything wxceeded my expectations.

The room was very large, and even included a kitchenette. I just needed a place for one night, near the airport, but I could easily stay here for an extended period. The breakfast was very good, the bed was comfortable. what else do you want for one night?

Pleasant and close enough to the airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was a double with Queens. Nice and roomy. Love when the sink is separate than the shower and toilet. Lovely place to stay. Close enough to the San Francisco Airport.

Location was good

The bed was horrible. Very hard and the mattress pad was noisy and annoying. Was excited to see a spa tub but that didn't work.

Location was good

Ideal off-airport hotel with character

Can’t think of anything...... oh, maybe the weather could have been warmer. The welcome made up for it, though!

Excellent location, big rooms, all spotlessly clean, good toiletries (Pantene), keurig coffee machine, decent sized fridge, proper breakfast: all for a really good price. Truly superb value. Full marks to management and staff for first-rate attitude.

Great for an airport location

Mattress soft, pillows cheap & to high, breakfast was the worst I’ve experienced, powdered bacon, cold potatoes, fatty bacon. Plastic cutlery, everything about it was cheap. They would be better not to offer breakfast at all.

Location & shuttle worked well. Very friendly reception staff. Good sized room.

It was a short, but comfortable stay. Very close to SF. Thank you.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was almost out when we arrived, and we had to wait a while for e everything to be refilled. There was only one lady working the breakfast, poor thing. There should be at least two people. Also, there was an obvious smoker in our room at one time, it smelled like stale smoke in our bathroom, and we paid for a non smoking room. The bathroom was also a bit smelly, like there was a broken pipe or a leak somewhere, had a little smell is sewage. More light in the bathroom sink area please.

The beds were very comfy and warm. The hostesses were very friendly, patient and helpful. Liked the cable access.

The complimentary airport shuttle didn’t arrive in the time...

The complimentary airport shuttle didn’t arrive in the time frame they said it would. Wait for TWO hours at the airport and still NO shuttle. Ended up taking an Uber to the hotel. The shuttle is very unorganized.

Overall good for the price. Breakfast was fabulous. Would stay again.

Door to room had large gap which let in lots of noise. Hallways were sketchy. Toilet ran all night, and shower hot/cold were reversed.

Close to airport, clean room, comfortable bed, AMAZING complimentary breakfast. Good off-street parking too.

Clean but too NOISY!

The facility appears to be an old 60’s motel that has been updated, but it is set up in a shape that allows all rooms to open to the outside. It is not enclosed. We could hear guests running around from 10:00pm until 2:30am. They were very loud and boisterous. It did not allow for uninterrupted sleep. We were asked to leave a $100.00 deposit and I asked why, the front desk said because we have lots of young people who party here. Just saying if you want quiet this is probably not where you want to stay. I would definitely contact the hotel and see if this has changed before booking a room again.

The front desk ladies were fantastic! Friendly and helpful!

I would stay here again.

Wanted to go to the Japanese resturant on location but did not know that needed reservations. Understand that it is not part of hotel but wish front desk had let us know that we should make diner reservations ahead of time.

Relaxing

There were some very noisy kids upstairs that would run and jump for a while in the morning and night which was very annoying But outside of that everything was great