Reviews of La Quinta San Jose Airport 3 stars

2585 Seaboard Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131, USA

#25 of 67 hotels in San Jose

The pool is not heated (even tho when I called it said it was) The bar was closed with no notice one of the nights we were there The bedding had stains on them

Hotel is centrally located and is close to quick bite restaurants . The kitchen staff went out of their way to prepare us other food that we had the first day we were there.

When I called to make an extra reservation for another family member, I got transferred to someone else and was on hold for about another 30mins.

The staff is very accommodating. Because we had kids we got to switch to the bottom floor. Parking was outside our room. Didn't have to park far.

The room could have been more fully stocked. There was only 1 face towel for three people and no coffee cups when we first arrived. Also, an additional soap bar so that we could keep one at the sink and use another in the shower. Just minor things that didn’t at all detract from our enjoyment.

The bed was so soft and great...I had the best night sleep. And the breakfast selection was pretty good, we loved the waffles. The pool area was clean and the pool water was refreshing.

Initially given a room outside the secured building, complained about this and was given another room in another building but had to haul a lot of luggage late at night. No luggage carts! Sketchy neighborhood. However the staff was very friendly and accommodating

Since the hotel is very close to the airport, the noise of planes may be an issue for those who are sensitive to noises

Great breakfast, room is big and very clean, staff is very friendly and helpful

• Executive King Room

Not a great area. The room could have been cleaner. The TV had to be continually reset to work. When I called the front desk to see what they could do about it, they said that I would get a call back but never did.

The bed is nice.

The planes landing (sounded like right out the window) until 10:30 pm. Very loud!! And the people walking around upstairs sounded like elephants until they went to bed around 10:15 pm.

Boiled eggs were ok. Nothing else was for me.

Dog yapping in the room across the way.

It was a convenient location and a fair price. The staff were friendly, and it had a nice complimentary breakfast.

1. Multiple people were throwing up outside my window at 11:30 pm 2. Multiple people coming in and out of the doors from outside slamming them at 2:30 am 3. Stain on my sheets

• King Room - Disability Access

Better selection for breakfast. I thought for the price the rooms could use some sort of upgrading, especially bathrooms.

The staff was very accommodating. Very friendly. We used the washer and dryer which was convenient. Shuttle was great. Easy check in.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There was a gigantic cock roach in the first room we went into on the bed. They gave us a new room and it was nicer but the shower was broken.

The first room did not meet her expectations so they gave us a second room and the bathroom was a nice size even though the shower didn’t work

There were crumbs in a corner of the room on the carpet as well as the chair. The shower faucet leaked; could not tell if shower doors were dirty or clean due to drip splatter. The paint needs new paint in bathroom and doors. The room smelled of smoke even though it is a non-smoking room. The shower ceiling had loose paint chips and cracks. Needed help to open safe and could not get staff on the phone. The blinds need repair.

I liked the parking closeby and staff were very friendly, however, the young man did not give directions well to the room. Another staff member clarified. The coffee, and breakfast were excellent! The beds were comfortable and the a/c worked well.

Near airport so you can hear the planes take off.. I’m a heavy sleeper so I don’t mind it. But if you’re a light sleeper wouldn’t recommend. Great place to stay though.

Just 10min away from flea market, Mexican stores, downtown

All workers were wonderful except one guy kept asking me if I wanted him to walk to to my room ! Kinda creepy !!

Nice people and yummy 😋 breakfast!!!

I am very happy with my stay.

The rooms were unbelievably nice, especially considering the price. The bathrooms newly remodeled, very modern. Had a great stay.

Their pillows suck! Sleeping on feather pillows is like telling your neck and spine you could care less about them. You might as well give me an empty pillow case because you get the same amount of neck support from it. A King bed, which was firm and comfortable, can be completely ruined when all you have are feather pillows to sleep on. Please stock firmer pillows for future guests.

Staff was very nice! Breakfast was typical breakfast bar, but still decent. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness center, but verymuch liked they at least had them.

• Executive King Room

The wifi was very very slow.

It was a very clean and updated hotel. The staff was friendly. The "free" breakfast was great above and beyond the usual "free" hotel breakfast.

CLOCK AND LAMP UNPLUGGED. FURNITURE NEEDED TO BE MOVED TO REPLUG. CALLED FOR HELP. DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY DEFAULT OF TV WAS TO GET NO RECEPTION. NEEDED HELP BECAUSE THIS COULDN'T BE CHANGED WITH REMOTE.

BREAKFAT ROOM WITH DIY WAFFLES, COMFY BED, QUIET, CLEAN, STYLED FOR BUSINESSPEOPLE,

• Executive King Room - Disability Access

The TV constantly stopped working, . Apparently the maintenance guy came to sort it out but we still only had a working picture for a few minutes at a time then it would freeze again.

We've stayed at this hotel twice in about 30 days. Three rooms for (1) night. Each time we have booked via booking.com and each time the front desk has been unable to find at least one of these reservations in their computer. We have been traveling for business and have arrived to the hotel between 10 pm and 12:30 am (late check in) and each time it has take close to 20 minutes to get checked in. The 2nd time a manager (who as clocking out for the night) offered us a discounted rate and free waters as we had been standing there in the lobby with a staff member at the computer looking for our reservations for over 20 minutes.

The bed was uber comfy... Could have used another blanket though.

Tea was offered but hot water was through lobby and bar to side room, no herbal teas, no facial tissues, extra blanket needed to be requested after I became quite chilled due to hotel error, offers to amend error were not equal to the pain, my experienced pain and concern about my well being on arrival and shuttle for upcoming return trip were not met with adequate strategies to ease my mind (senior standing in dark, cold, maybe alone, away from terminal at 10PM). Expected general manager contact after this experience but it hasn't happened.

Comfortable bed, everything clean, DIY waffles, reasonable breakfast offerings, staff offered friendly attempts to make up for giant error, offers didn't meet the seriousness of my being stranded in the cold as the day was beginning to end.

• Executive King Room

No fault of theirs but the planes sure do fly over close at times.

I just loved all the comfy pillows on the bed. The staff were quick to help when my keycard just stopped working. They got me a room with a tub that I'd forgotten to request when I booked the room. It's a long drive and a bath was a treat.

Breakfast is OK but could be better...Disappointing that they no longer offer meals at the bar. Sofa in the executive king room is not great..

Really comfy bed. Great staff! All in all this is a great hotel!

You can hear noise through the walls, even when neighbors turn on water. The AC/heater is pretty loud. My fridge and microwave were not plugged in, and it was not easy to move it and find the plug. The sheets had some stains on them. They put the food menu in a drawer - I didn't even know they had one!

Clean look and smell, good breakfast. The towels and toiletries were good quality. WiFi works great. TV was nice and had enough channels, although HBO doesn't have the best movies ...

They should mop around the toilet. There was pee all around the toilet on floor. There was only one face wash cloth. There were only 2 cups. There was no wine at the cocktail bar. The staff was unfriendly.

We checked with the hotel when we arrived to make sure we could pay with cash once we checked out. We were told we could but when we did check out we were told it had to be left on our credit card because we used Bookings.com. This is the main reason we use Booking.com is so we can pay at the end of our stay with cash.

The pillows smelled like someones sweaty head. Parking lot noise could be heard in the room. The bathroom had seen better days. It was clean but there was water damage near the shower. The shower was cracked. I would fix those things in my own home and would not expect to see them in decent hotel.

The room was spacious. It was tastefully decorated. Great pool! My kids loved it. Nice breakfast. Only pork options, but the lady taking care of breakfast cheerfully offered to make us ham free omlettes. The staff were all very friendly.

• Executive King Room

DO not like i did not recieve the 50$ deposit on the room. And then being told that it wasnt charged anything extra when clearly i was.

Everything else was fine

The carpets really should go tile or laminate flooring should be put in.

My bed was comfortable and room was clean. Staff fantastic and friendly. Shuttle Service Fantastic.

The decor.

We work up in the mid of the nite because the heater was shaken.. we are too tried to complain so we did sleep in the cold weather and no heater in the bathroom ... . . The sheet was old I feel like my legs on the sand .. but we already in pajamas and ready to sleep ( so we did not call to letting them change . It 's looks so clan but old ) the noise the airplane woke me up two three time that nite.

Bed was on a platform and a little high and the bathroom door wouldn’t stay open and there was no heat and it was about 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the room.

Clean room

• King Room - Disability Access

Once ran out of paper plates. Paper cups and cream cheese. We asked housekeeper to come back to clean and she didn't. Didn't have good replacement for bath map and shampoo. Had to ask housekeeper nx morning. TV service was poor. Front desk couldn't do anything about.

Big bathroom. Free WiFi and free breakfast.

We didn’t like being in a downstairs room. You can hear the people stopping around upstairs and it was hard to get a good nights rest. Also there seemed to be someone constantly blaring music which also contributed to the lack of sleep. The bed was uncomfortable as well as the pillows. The TV was small in size.

Great place for the price. My partner and I enjoyed are stay. We liked the modern sink and the room was a decent size for two people. The area was also easy to access and find. Also we loved that the room had a coffee machine, a microwave, and a fridge. The staff were very pleasant. Plenty of parking as well.

Located directly underneath flight path. Every few minutes a jet taking off flew over. Also, I booked a two night stay but staff initially checked me in for only one night. After my first night two strangers knocked on my door. The staff had sent them to my room as if I had checked out. I was unnerved by the interruption to my nap. About 15 minutes later a staff member came to my room stating they thought I should have checked out. I showed them my booking reservation for two nights. The two strangers were then given a different room. The room for pet owners is located outside the main hallway for other guests. So when those guests went outside for a smoke break, they stood in front of my room and the smoke wafted in through the gaps under the door.

Locate near Guadalupe River Trail that is great for exercise.

Only problem, TV never worked right the whole time we were there. in the mornings we complained they said they'd have it fixed by the time we came back it wasn't fixed so we never got to watch the TV at night had to use our phones. they finally offered us a new room on our final night what was the point at that point.

It was clean. Good parking. Continental breakfast was very good.

Comfortable bed! The staff was overly accommodating and upgraded our room to a king size bed so we could get a crib for the baby. They also gave us a room closer to the entrance of the hotel so we didn’t have to walk so far with the baby and all of our things. They were so great!

• Executive King Room

Breakfast was disappointing. The pillows were hard making it hard to get a restful sleep. Since we were near the airport the occasional planes were loud, but at least San Jose restricts flights after 11:00 PM

Good value for the money and the facility was clean. Beds were comfy (not so much with the pillows). Nice TV with DirecTV DVR and in room coffee and refrigerator were a plus.

I can’t think of a thing that could be better.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We needed a dog friendly place to stay and this certainly fit the bill for us. The price was perfect, the breakfast was yummy, and the location was convenient for what we wanted to do. I would definitely stay here again.

Service and the rooms where amezings ! The breakfast was more then we as a family expect.

I love the staffs they where so helpful and they where very professional specially the lady's at the front desk , the best experience was I was able to get to my job to my destinations on time because of the location. Over all it felt like a piece of home for my self and my family the best service we ever experienced and the best breakfast ever ! Thank you I would come back again and recommend a friend to stay at this hotel specially at this location. Thank you it was more then excellent my stay at La Quinta Hotel .

Flight pattern of planes; however this hotel is listed as near the airport.

Good value, nice breakfast. Room clean and comfortable. Easy access to shopping and downtown. Very helpful staff.

Everything was nice. We had a standup shower which was perfect. Bed was comfortable, location was nice. The only thing that was alittle off was that it was next to the airport . So the noise started to get annoying there. Overall the place was wonderful.

There was nothing wrong Great

My Fieance and I like the staff, They were really helpful and the room was very clean and breakfast was great I would rent from La Quinta and recommend to my Friends and family. From Joe A. Jr.

Information given on parking and access for room was not complete. We first parked near the only door informed about but later found better more secure parking at a entrance closer to our room.

Convienent to the major roads.

The rooms were dirty and old looking. Water damaged ceiling, lamp shade old broken, light switches and other things were dirty.

It looked nice from the photos

The cleaning people were not very friendly. Whenever I would smile and say hi they did not smile or respond back. I wish the breakfast was accommodating for vegans.

The front desk workers were very nice and accommodating especially Alejandra. The bed was also very comfortable and I like the colors of the walls and room decor.

It's noisy, I can't even fall asleep. Every 3-5 mins there's an airplane taking off. That's really bad.

The heater is good. I like the shower too. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

Way overpriced, even though I made the reservation that same day or the day before. Because of that, I moved the next day to another hotel nearby for the additional 3 days I spent there. I stayed there earlier for a much more reasonable price.

Room smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking hotel. We were given the handicapped room for some reason. Shower was not convenient and a little dirty.

Nice staff. Easy access. Good breakfast. Comfortable bed. Good towels. Big tv in room. Nice seating and entertainment in the lobby.

Complimentary breakfast was enough to fill us up, good variety, but eggs were very salty for my taste.

Rooms were spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access

Only drawback: The hotel is very noisy because it basically sits ON the runway. However, the planes do not fly around the clock. I was able to get at least 7 hours sleep with no air traffic noise. However, if you need to sleep in the daytime, you should get a hotel further out from the airport.

This hotel was amazing for the price, which can run very high in San Jose. Clean, nice room, updated bathroom, comfortable bed, very pleasant staff. Free reliable shuttle to airport!

• King Room - Disability Access

Ice machine was broken. Hallway carpets were dirty and outdated. The shower head was a handheld model but not able to figure out how to get it off the holder it was attached to and it sprayed sideways from one side.

The woman in charge of serving breakfast was so cheery and helpful. She also made sure the food was replenished as needed. The bed was just right. I thought it was nice to have clean towels every day. Nice to have a fridge in the room. Nice staff all around. Loved the free shuttle to n from airport which only was a five minute trip.

I had a very difficult time contacting the front desk before my stay and my calls to guest services were frequently not answered. Additionally, after I called for a hotel shuttle, it took 45 minutes for it to arrive. I could have easily taken an uber had I known it would take so long. It was incredibly frustrating to have to wait such an extended period after traveling all day long.

Overall, the room was very aesthetically pleasing and comfortable.

Unclear rate per night on booking.co after change of check out date Crumpled bed linen on arrival. Filthy seats in bar area.

Too expensive, not very clean see report from booking.com

A lot of construction workers drunk walking around at night, pool did not look appealing,did not see hot tub.

Excellent breakfast,very nice staff, clean and nice room.

location at the end of a runway. I did know this but expected it to be a small local airport considering it's location with regard to the main San Francisco Airport. This is not the case and the airport carries large planes from 6am to 11pm. Reconsider if you're a light sleeper. Quality of breakfast could be better.

Staff friendly & helpful, facilities clean and rooms large and comfy, free breakfast, plenty of it and a reasonable selection if you're not to fussy about what you eat.

My room smelled weird, but the staff did everything to try to accommodate me and fix the issue. The rooms were updated, but still needing a bit of touch up. I wasn't a fan of the sheets.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were updated and clean.

Room 227 dispenses really awful smells at times. It has plumbing stains from leaks right when you walk in. We couldn't sleep at night because of awful odor.

Receptionist Catherine was great!

I can't think of anything!

Brooke was most courteous and friendly and HELPFUL to me! I don't know what I would have done without her there to help us! And, I decided that courtesy is contagious! That a little girl came for breakfast with her mom, so, I asked her if she'd like a muffin, etc, her mom thought I worked there! I thought it was funny! But, I will have to say, I felt, I ought to help her mom! So, thank you for having Brooke there!

Bed is to soft for me, if you have noise problems 6AM you will wake up as the first plane land. Gym could be better. Far from downtown

Breakfast is good, near to the airport, clean room .. the bar is good

The receiption area is not inviting. The public area including the carpets towards the room were not that clean. There are animals in the hotel and it sometimes smell like that

The room was clean and big enought

• Executive King Room

Noise from the planes, gym is too small and missing some equipments. The hotel could offer a simple food menu as you only count with delivery services

Breakfast is good, shower spectacular if you are planing to just go there to sleep is a good choice

Upon my arrival the person that assisted me was rude and will leave me talking just to answer the phone without saying "excuse me one second, do u Mind if I answer this call ? Etc" She left me hanging 3 times Asked for my ID and rudely gave it back to me as well. I don't know her name since it's quite some time now but perhaps you may find it in your records for whoever assisted me upon my arrival. The other thing, we weren't told what time breakfast would start and end and my husband and baby went down to eat and there was not much food left and we were eating what're was there which is was vey little by the time we wanted to get a cold cereal they closed the door on us. They didn't even check with us if we were done or at least like a courtesy warning "we about to close breakfast" or something. We didn't even eat well and weren't allowed to even go back to get a drink while the lady was still there cleaning the breakfast place. Not even that! I asked "can i please get a cup of juice my husband is still eating and we didn't know u guys were closing and he didn't get a chance to get a drink" she then sorry I can't opened it anymore. The juice had nothing to do with whatever else she was doing and I couldnt understand what was such an inconvenience for her at the time. We ended up eating somewhere else but no courtesy warning or times posted to let us know nor the person that helped me at the lobby explained any of that since she kept interrupting me when I was talking to her and ignored whatever I had to say. So of course she didn't even give me any more info about the hotel. I could've asked too but I was tired from driving 23 hrs and dealing with a newborn in a car. So it could have been great if they could give u more info or to just point out if it was in one of the papers that they gave me or something. Place was nice tho.

Nice place to stay. Nice room and good price

The eggs were card board tasting and the cheese in the middle was gross. But everything else was great.

The biscuit and gravy was enjoyable and warm waffles and oatmeal was delish! The bed was cozy and the room was clean. Everything was new and up to date. Felt like we was in luxury at a budget price.

• King Room - Disability Access

Very close to airport and a highway. Far away from the city center. Car is a must when staying at this hotel

Nice and clean place. Excelent hotel for the money requested.

The stay was great facility was nice but the headache after with all these absurd charges that were being made to my card were ridiculous. I’ve never had such a hard time with charges from a hotel. I don’t think I will ever be staying at a La Quinta hotel facility after this not worth it in my opinion.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Airport noise would affect light sleepers, but this is a hotel 10 minutes drive from San Jose airport.

Free airport shuttle service was good. Breakfast selection was good. Free tea, coffee and cold juices available in reception area.

Over 30 minutes to pick up from airport. Took less than 10 minutes from airport. Not safe to walk 1/2 mile to nearest restaurant. When i called the hotel to pickup from airport, they made me call back cause i call wrong extension.

The front desk clerk nice. Room safe.

Being so close to the airport you constantly hear airplanes taking off so its pretty noisy, although we didn't hear to much of it while in the room. The hotel is located in a part of town that you need to cab or Uber to other places as there is NOTHING to do around. The breakfast was basic, I can't tell you about the eggs or meat because I don't eat that but it was what you would typically expect from a hotel continental breakfast.

The rooms were comfy and clean. Staff friendly. The pool was standard. The value of the hotel for the price was OK.

• King Room - Disability Access

Noise. A lot noisier than past stays. People staying there had changed also... I would say it's turned into a flight path/locals sleep-over hotel... VERY noisy. Although the staff is AMAZING here, the people staying here were extremely sketch and extremely noisy. Kids running up and down halls, screaming, sketchy individuals out at all hours having vulgar and extremely loud cell phone conversations. I love the staff here, but it's too noisy for us. Unfortunately, we won't stay at this location again.

The workers were new and didn't know what they were doing We were also charged TWICE and Refused a refund so it's like we Paid twice

Great location and clean rooms

There was nothing I didn't like about this hotel. Only suggestion would be designated check in parking! But even without it, hotel is great!

The room was very spacious and well maintained. The bed was so comfortable I couldn't stand to get out of it. Staff was very friendly and acccomodating. There's no dining options for dinner but there is a Burger King RIGHT in th same parking lot as the hotel. Definitely would recommended this hotel for a 1 night stay to a 1 week stay. Special bonus was the secluded pool area. Surronded by a fence and beautiful flowers to keep away any peeping toms!

A bit loud due to proximity to airport.

Good breakfast. Very clean and comfortable. Can't believe they actually had a bar on property! Great way to have a quick beer after a long day. Kinda pricey beer, though. Would recommend and would stay again!

Over priced and misrepresentation of site on the booking.com site. Pictures much nicer than actual property. Also, I felt booking.com misled my booking. It said I could pay at the hotel, but hid that I could not cancel without full penalty. Also, you could hear airplanes quite loudly, unlike other airport close hotels.

Able to check-in early and woman at check in was very nice.

• King Room - Disability Access

We would've liked to have stayed a little while longer. Considering the amount we paid and the time we actually arrived, we were expecting at least a pro-rated discount.

From the great lighting in the parking lot to the comfortable bed I was extremely happy. Why??, because my wife was happy. Happy wife, happy life. Thank you

It Should have a patio open 24/7 for guest to smoke

Great experience staying in La Quinta. The room was affordable and the king bed felt so comfortable. Awesome stay!!