Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld Zoo Area 3 stars

641 Camino Del Rio South, Mission Valley, San Diego, CA 92108, USA

#164 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• King Suite

The bathroom was a bit small.

The suite was large and spacious. The work area was perfect for working on my laptop at the end of the day. The complimentary breakfast had a lot to choose from and was in a nice spacious area, It is also centrally located to all the attractions like the Zoo, Balboa Park, Old Town, and Sea World.

• King Suite

The box springs under the mattress was VERY noisy and sounded like it was coming apart! Every time my husband got up during the night the noise of the springs would wake me up! The hotel said they would look into it.

The mattress was comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking: only down fall is the parking spots are very small and they charge for parking and if you need two parking spots for a van they charge you.

Very nice staff, comfortable. Breakfast was very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The car dealership next door is noisy in the morning. Try to get a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

Room was clean and comfortable. The location is great, very close to the zoo. Continental breakfast was also very nice, well-stocked and well laid out.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee was okay it could have been better.

I loved the comfort of the bed, the host Alex at this property was excellent along with the other staff who were super friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise level from the business next door and the highway. The view was nothing to brag about.

The location was convenient to all attractions. The restaurantss and shopping were all within walking distance. The rooms were clean. The staff friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very loud neighbors and loud parking lot. Lots of banging and music. Also you have to pay $12 per day if you want to park on premise. Otherwise your stuck on the street.

Pretty close to gas lamp

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only one elevator for access to all levels, if you are in the back it is a long walk. Plus time to wait for elevator is long due to servicing three floors.

Location to resturants was excellent great selection. Also access to freeway was excellent as well. Breakfast dining was nice and clean, staff works very hard to keep it stocked and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms was small and thisbmotel was older. The $12 a day parking fee And when I booked it said I could pay cash when I arrived they wouldn't let me. Karina checked me in wasn't friendly at all. My key stopped working and people was smoking outside my room Will not stay at this one again. Very poor rooms. AC wasn't cooking

Did not like anything. The rooms were small. The AC didn't stay cool and the $12 a day fee for parking at their own motel blew my mind. This was a older motel not like the others I have stayed in

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

How long it took before the water in the shower got warm. We sometimes showered with cold water so long it took. How small the breakfast place was. Got too crowded and almost impossible to make your waffles, or toast your bread. The infinite lineup. Need a bigger space. The taste of the eggs and the porridge could be improved. The loud footsteps from the ceiling PLEASE, NOTIFY YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT RESERVING A ROOM WITH A VISA CARD IS CONSIDERED TO YOU AS DEBIT AND THAT YOUR SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE THE CARD FOR THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE STAY. Around the world, Visa is a credit card and from experience, I've always been offered how I'd like to handle my payments. Hotels never assumed that they should charge my card. The card is only for safety deposit. As per booking.com, I was asked about the method of payment. When we got to the hotel we were told that they didn't take cash at check in but that they'll charge my credit card. Which didn't happen because I argue my position through. It would have been a terrible experience if had found out after the facts.

I've appreciated the free breakfast in the morning. The ability to have hot or cold options as for the meals. The beds were comfortable. The proximity to the outlet mall. Also the personel were nice and welcoming. The fruits Safety

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Its simple, but a nice place to stay! The room is clean and confy. The sfaff is cool and faster. The breakfast is very good, with so many options. The parking is not a complimentary. Its cost $12 per day.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

During a fire alarm in the middle of the night, we tried to use the phone and found it did not work. Later the next day, we checked the phone again and even though it was plugged in, it still was not working.

The food was very good each morning. The bed was comfortable each night. The room was quiet despite being near the highway.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not too much really, minor things, rooms and furnishings a little dated; Elevators were so slow, better off taking the stairs. Had to pay for parking.

Friendly staff. Good location. Very clean. You don't have to pay extra for your pet!! The breakfast was good for a quick bite, you can make your own waffles! There is a pool. You can wash clothes if you need to. There are small snacks and drinks available for purchase in the main lobby.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Eggs were awesome, thanks, Willamina!! Karina was fantastic at the front desk with all my needs!!! The whole staff was so friendly and smiley! Beds were great! Thanks!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Dated room, cleanliness was ok but rooms were dark and dated. More like a motel. Pictures show the pool to be a good feature when in reality is so small we didnt bother. The hotel is right on the freeway which is good if youve got a car but impossible if not.

Not much

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a sketchy population of people, and the side of the highway we were on was a little off, but the Westfield shopping area across the street was amazing!

The price and the beds were clean

• King Suite

Was told we can get an early check in no problem got there and was denied and there was an extra hidden 12 dollar parking fee on top of the already high room rate

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathtub/shower hardware was all loose. Hard to shut water all the way off. Everything else was amazing.

Everyone was very helpful & allowed an early check in. Staff was helpful with restaurant information.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Place wasn't the most strategic personally, but that's subjective. Parking fee SUCKS. $12/night . We stayed for 3 nights, you feel it alright. I noticed outsiders were walking in to the breakfast area & getting free meal. 2 of them even went up to the 3rd floor & just roamed in the area. To me, as long as they are not there to do commit violent crime then whatever. That being said, security is LACKING. And oh, parking fee SUCKS. Did I mention that already?

-Breakfast was good -Surprisingly quiet when you're in the room -Firm bed is always better for me -Service is good (we requested additional towels it was very prompt!)

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for a ground level room because my wife broke her foot. There are no ground level rooms. Had an elevator but the room was almost halfway down the hall. If they had told me this I would have booked somewhere else. Also the $12 parking fee was a surprise, the front desk told me basically it was in the small print on my confirmation notice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast room can be crowded at times. Highway is very close, so room can be noisy at night, especially if you like to sleep with an open window

Room is clean. Beds are comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like that they charged for parking even though we were guest at the hotel. It was an extra charge at check in

Loved that the floors were wood floors. Loved the free breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had a stale odor in the room and smelled of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. The rooms could use updating.

The breakfast was good but they ran out of coffee.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No towels at pool Late/early room cleaning Parking and charge for parking Old elavator - barely working Room access impaired by staff Air conditioner had two settings on or off

Hot tub Close to freeways, shopping and restaurants

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the amount of parking spaces that were available. For the hotel being so big they should have more. The spots that were available in the parking garage are a bit small for some cars.

I liked that my hotel room was clean. The maids did a very good job cleaning considering we had so much stuff lying around. It was nice being able to enjoy the fitness center, pool, and breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only one problem was when housekeeping didn’t lock our door and we didn’t return until 10pm. Nothing was stolen or disturbed.

Continental breakfast, was very good even though very busy with many families.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't like being nickel and dimed. $12 to park in the parking lot of a hotel where I just rented a room that was overpriced to begin with is nothing short of ridiculous. I will never stay in that hotel again because of the $12 parking which by the way was very hard to find a spot to park

The location and the clean bathroom.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We had a suite and the A/C would randomly quit in both rooms. The maintenance man came within minutes of us calling the front desk. The only solution was to power off, unplug and hold down the reset button for 2 seconds and plug back in and power on. This became a hassle when you have to do it several times throughout the night, which doesn't allow for a good night's sleep.

Other than the A/C, we loved the property.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was not impressed that we had to pay for parking when I watched random people walk in and out of it. The hallways were very loud you can hear every sound. Our linen were dingy and the fabric was peeling. Towels were stain and dingy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough waffle makers.

When my family and I got there earlier than expected they had a room available before check in time. The staff is super nice and Jose was very pleasent he checked us in with no problem and waived my parking fee. The room was very nice and clean the beds were nice and soft.the breakfast was delicious waffles,eggs,sausage,muffins,bagels,toast it was all good. It was great to be able to park my vehicle in a parking garage.

See above

Room run down air did not work reserved king deluxe got a family room with bunk beds complained to office girl on duty sarcastic told me to take it up with the manager and dismissed us. Would not recommend your property to anyone. Stairs loaded with water no one sweeping them off could be a fall hazard

• King Suite

I could hear people pass our room to get to their room in the middle of the night.

It has a lot of parking and is very clean. The king room has everything you need in a hotel room for work or play. The water pressure was amazing. I took the best shower here. Everything that has to do with food and shopping is so close by so I never had to go more than 15 minutes away from the hotel. The room itself was very clean and organized.

What's not to like!

Very comfortable room. Allowed to check in early. Very friendly. No extra charge for pet! So friendly to pet was why we chose this hotel and the room was beyond our expectations. Will always choose la quintas for trips with pet! Had free garage parking!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that you have to pay to park there and they don't mention it until you check in . It didn't smell very good inside hotel room smells like a mildew smell

Mostly the location pretty close to gas station grocery store

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My key never worked. Every day I had to get a new key. The sink leaked, there was no parking even though they charge you $12 a day. The water never got hot. The elevator would not stop on the 2nd floor at one point during our stay. I was there because my son graduated from the Marines. Overall I would not stay there again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

As I'm writing this, the 3rd car alarm in 1 hour has gone off when we're still sleeping!

Walls are paper thin and we had to listen to the disgusting woman next door having sex. Even after we yelled out "walls are paper thin!". Our room on 3rd floor faced an auto body shop and freeway, very noisy. Breakfast was decent, but the same thing 4 days in a row, eggs, sausage, apple and bananas, breads and waffles. No half n half for coffee, only sugared creamers. Eggs were extra fluffy. The room had a fridge and microwave which made it nice to bring our own foods. Beds were clean and comfy.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was just ok. There was a stain on the drapes (looked like someone had finished on them) & there was a motorcycle club staying when we were & the bikes were super loud and revving the engines extremely late at night(hotel can’t help that)

I liked the location. & the staff was extremely nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tile floors were dirty. Coming out of the shower with wet feet became very dirty when walked anywhere in the room. Spa was down for repair and drink bar was also being remodeled which was unexpected.

Proximity to our destination. Breakfast bar was tasty and staff were very pleasant and helpful

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking. $10/day for parking for an extra small space. Wish it were included. It would definitely set them apart from most.

Breakfast was great; bigger selection than anrixpated. Facility is clean and well maintained.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise above it was terrible we had problems with our air conditioner but the staff was able to move us which was very nice could not afford to go to most attractions prices were very high especially for the zoo. Next time if we come back I have to have more money to go to zoo!!

Staff and breakfast was great!

• King Suite

There was a mistake and we had to move rooms. Very inconvenient. But the staff was accommodating.

Staff was great and the breakfast was really good. Would have liked it to run a little later tho. We have a potbelly pig and he was allowed There! ☺

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like that there was a huge group of bikers that were staying there. The dirty linens were upsetting as well.

I liked that the staff acommadated us for the loud bikers being there.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I checked into the Hotel they wanted to charge my credit card the full amount. Which I don’t use credit cards I always pay cash for everything. Or my debit card. I had to have my mom use her credit card for the stay and wasn’t happy about that!!

Breakfast was great!! Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Loud cars/motorcycles on a Saturday night. “Parking lot party” atmosphere too late into evening. Might need some “quiet hours” signage or attention from the front desk staff to remind visitors to be more aware that they are not the only ones staying there

Great friendly staff. Great location, great value, great trip!!! Definately worth it!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

An angry customer who was complaining that there were no hard boiled eggs. She was so rude. Next day though, there were hard boiled eggs. Shows how attentive these staff members were in considering that customer’s complaints.

Excellent and friendly staff. Perfect location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It's 100% Smoke Free that's mainly what would give you guys a bad rating.Its ridiculous I'm paying my money and have to leave the property every time I wanted to smoke.

The location,breakfast,room,and staff were All Exceptional!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room had a funny smell. Phone didn't work. Hot water before 6am is non existent. AC shuts off and you have to reset it every hour during the night, so forget sleeping, I learned this after the second time I woke up. Parking is hiddious even with a $12 Parking pass.

Their complimentary breakfast was pretty good.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking is difficult if you are driving anything bigger then your standard 4 door sedan.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room (king suite) and the breakfast was very good! The staff was wonderful! We will be staying there again the next time we come back to the SD area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed 40 days so the breakfast got old. Lady next door kept slamming the door every half hour. People in the halls being loud early in the morning.

Staff was super nice. Room was comfortable. Price was good. Location was very nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pay for parking!!! Parking is compact. Many people staying at hotel, and it's floor wall noisy even at 2nd floor. Hard pillows. Vent was coming out of ceiling in bathroom ceiling. Coffee maker was unoperable.

Location was convenient. Friendly staff Parking garage 7 feet tall. Lunch room looked alright.

• King Suite

parking spaces in the garage space under the hotel were very narrow. I needed to unload my passengers and items, turn in mirrors before parking

Great location, very clean and affordable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was clean and i mean clean!!! Also even tho the area is next to the freeway, no at any moment did the traffic wake us up so honestly overall this hotel has been the best ive stayed at so far!!! Comfy,relaxing and close to my destination!!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to come back after only 5 days !!!!!

I was plesantly surprised. I was told that La Quinta was among the bottom 5 hotels. I feel they were in the top 5 !!!! Every thing was clean and functional. Staff was very friendly and helpful with all my questions. Jose at the front desk was amazing !!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathtub was gross! It looked like they tried painting it to make it look better and after showering there were white paint chips all over my feet. I would have had a fit if I needed to bathe a child. Breakfast was okay. Fresh cut fruit would have been nice; they had whole bananas and apples. They do not change the menu. Every day is scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, toast, bagels, muffins and make-your-own waffle. Weekend they add biscuits and gravy. Pool was in the shade most of the day. A bit of freeway noise. Lots of construction workers staying there drinking beer by the pool at night.

The front desk was great; greeted with a smile and easy check in. They offer some snacks in the lobby and will add them to your room bill. It was nice to have a washer and dryer as we were there 12 days.

• King Suite

The elevator could use an update, and although the room was always cleaned well, the housekeeper was inconsistent regarding towels, soap, etc..

The breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold foods. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was comfortable. The suite was great for the price.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I did not enjoy that the parking was not free, outside parking was really hard to find.

I really enjoyed the Breakfast that was provided at the hotel. I thought the employees were very nice and helpful as well.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The freeways around the property.

The rooms were much better then I expected. The parking was a challenge, but of course this is California so it was to be expected. Staff was very friendly when checking at midnight.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Disclose the $12.00 parking fee.

They stole $12.00 a day for parking from me with a big smile. didn't even flinch. They are awesome!! Happy liars.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We stayed here for our Marine Corps graduation. Room smelled extremely musty, damp, and old. The toilet ran constantly, which was loud. Had to shut the the bathroom door to help keep the noise out of the room. The shower head leaked from the pipe soaking everything in the bathroom. This was the second room they put us in after the first one had a loud ticking noise coming from the mini fridge. Also the noise from the highway in the first room was so loud because the door didn’t close properly and you could hear everything. Choose any place else to stay. Even with our reservation they still charged $12 a day for parking, weren’t willing to waive the fee at all.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel almost didn't honor the rate from booking.com. I realized this when I checked out from the room. At the end, they honored the original rate. The ventilation in the bathroom is bad. The bathroom felt musty 9 out of 10 times

Bunk beds in King suite were rickety with a 100lb limit per bed, my youngest at age 11 was scared to sleep on top as the bed shook with the slightest movement. King bed wasn't the most comfortable either.

Good location for visiting the area. Pool was heated to a nice temperature. Rooms were clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only down side was the parking situation. The spots were mainly for compact cars and it took a while for larger cars to get in and out of their spot in the parking garage.

Check in and check out was quick and easy. The staff were all friendly so don’t be afraid to ask for anything! The room itself was clean and the breakfast food was not half bad!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

View was of the back lot of a car dealership, with some noise associated with this. Room is a little cramped but we were only there in the evening primarily.

Location and price.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Building is a little dated, but they do the best they can to keep it in good shape. Since its an older building, you can hear every time your neighbors shower.

Dog friendly, great breakfast, nice staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Airport shuttle would be a nice feature to the hotel, but for the amazing deal I received I was perfectly fine with not having that accommodation....can't have everything for the super affordable deal!

This hotel exceeded my expectations with the amazing deal that I booked it at. It was very clean, staff was really nice, and the FREE breakfast was really good and they had a bunch of options to eat!!! Location is a little on the out skirts but for the price of the hotel and a 15 minutes uber drive I would say it is still a good location.

• King Suite

Our room was very clean but it smelled almost moldy or like mildew. There were no fans in the room and it seemed like there was no proper ventilation in the bathroom so the steam and water etc. had no way of properly drying out.

The location of this hotel was great! Easy on and off the freeway, and right by a lot of shopping and super great restaurants. Also, the free breakfast is wonderful! Lots of options and everything seemed really fresh!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish there were more restaurants within walking distance.

Beds were very comfortable, room was immaculate, staff was very helpful and polite. Great location, close to all major attractions.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wasn't comfortable with the a/c in the room. It had a coffee scent coming from it. I did not bring it to the staffs attention because i thought the scent would have cleared up....but it didn't. For my family the location was not in close proximity to most of the attractions since it was our first time in San Diego.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The presentation of the breakfast area was clean and orderly.. The meal was delicious and plentiful!!!! The gym was a added plus to my short visit.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That breakfast is done by 10:00am it barely gives you time to sleep.

That check out is at 12:00 so you don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to get ready and leave but you do have to wake up at the crack of dawn for breakfast because they finish it at 10:00am!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The suits need a little more privacy since the only bathroom is in the bedroom maybe have an accordion door that can be closed for more privacy in the bedroom. For changing, sleeping, etc....

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room wasn’t clean, we had several wolf spiders, and the neighbors were going in and out all night slamming their doors. The AC wasn’t working, and when we asked the front desk for towels and other toiletries, they never came.

The price and location were great. Their pet policy is very convenient and cost effective.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were charged an additional $10.00 for parking, but parking was not secured or monitored. it was difficult to find and would not advising walking around this neighborhood after dark.

Again, this is an older motel, two buildings, breakfast was good, slept good, parking was underground.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The picture on booking.com was very misleading. I thought we were going to receive a room with a bunk bed for my kids.

The breakfast buffet was very nice and was the best part about the hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Not a big deal at all, but you could tell in a few small spots where they didn't fix it up. Mainly in the bathroom area, but it was clean and fine. While I really liked that my son had little table and chairs for him, it would have been nice if there was one for the adults. We got takeout from various restaurants each night we were there, and it was hard not having a designated eating area for the grown ups.

We went to San Diego for the weekend to celebrate our birthdays. The staff was very friendly and accommodating,we loved that we could bring our German Shepherd with us at no charge! I'd rather pay the $10 parking fee per night than a pet fee. The breakfast was good and my son loved that he had a bunk bed and a separate area to himself. La Quinta really impressed us this weekend!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was extremely small and not very clean, the parking spots were very cramped and the beds were uncomfortable. Our view was the back lot of a car dealership. Not worth the price we paid, we felt. We will not stay at this hotel again.

The free breakfast and the nearby shopping