Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 3 stars

17301 Dona Michelle Drive, Tampa, FL 33647, USA

#23 of 120 hotels in Tampa

Awesome staff and right off the highway. The rooms are great and housekeeping was super helpful, since we were traveling with our cat they were super accommodating

• King Room - Accessible

Barking dogs, loud children, slamming doors at 7:00 AM all 3 mornings we were there. No sleeping in for us. Our shower ---- convenient to get in and out..................... but so was the water.....................all over the floor. We had to ask for extra shower floor mats to soak it up. It took several minutes to get hot enough to enjoy.

The toilet seat rock music. On it was not as clean as it could have been. I would have liked more pillows on the beds

n a r i s h space was an awesome check in he was awesome the whole trip

Everything- horrible smell in hallway and room. Flat uncomfortable pillows and bed. Took forever to get warm water out of the faucets. Roach on nightstand. Dirty carpet in hallway and room. Needs to be completely renovated and bug extermination.

The treadmills and elliptical were not working during our stay. View was limited. Rooms weren't as spacious as anticipated for 4 people.

Staff was friendly and helpful with information regarding the area. Very knowledgeable about what activities were going on during our stay. Our check in young lady was very accommodating. Breakfast was a good spread for the kids.

• Executive King Room

The only thing I didn't like was the location no grocery stores or places to go buy things needed for travel

Loved how big the rooms were. The bed was comfortable didn't wanna get out of it. The breakfast was delicious. The staff was friendly.

• Executive King Room

Most Fitness equipment was aged and did not work properly. Never any parking available after returning from a day out. Cleaniness of carpet in room but was fixed immediately after taking to staff members. Pool are was ok but not great

Staff was amazing! Excellent customer service, breakfast was good and hot very delicious. I would stay here again the staff really make you feel welcomed.

The room was dilapidated and run down, not horrible but not worth what I paid. The pillows were miserable and hard.

The breakfast each morning had a great variety and was well stocked. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Our sink was clogged and the air conditioner was extremely loud.

Very friendly staff! Breakfast was good and location was great just off of the freeway.

Floor in bedroom could have been cleaner; tap was dripping in bathroom; no kettle available to make tea.

Value accommodation, large room with very comfy beds. Breakfast was included too which was a bonus

The only thing I can suggest is they mop the elevators more often. With so many families staying there I’m sure spills are constant. That’s seriously the only thing I can think of. Great stay!!

It was an extremely clean and quiet facility. Nicely located and easy to get to. The staff was extremely friendly and they welcome pets. They have a dog park out back which is very convenient. Breakfast was always ready each morning with plenty of options for everyone. WiFi was included and reliable. We’re already planning to visit again next year.

I did not like that the staff called me before i was about to board my plane stating that she would cancel my room because the card that I booked with had declined for the full amount. First my itinerary stated that we werent arriving until 4 or 5pm, and that my preference to pay was cash. So why did she call me at 12 to say my card declined and if i didnt give her another form of payment or if i didnt call her back within 30 mins, she would cancel my room. Mind you, im boarding my flight so i dont have time to talk to her, second my flight wasnt scheduled to arrive in Tampa until 2:45, so she told me to call her back at 3. I figured that they had overbooked themselves and was trying to give my room away. Ive never had this problem on a vacation booking through booking.com, NEVER. I told her that we were coming and I wasnt paying until i got there. Who charges a card before the people even arrive for the FULL PRICE? Usually its half for 1 night or so, but the full price, NO. My next visit to Tampa, i wont be staying here.

It was quiet at night, close to restaurants, pool area was quiet

Water pressure in the shower. Unfortunately, this goes to other brands, too.

I haven't stayed at any of your hotels before and this one was just a pleasant surprise. The staff were ALL friendly and polite. The rooms are clean and the entire place just smelled lovely. So, THANK YOU!!!

• Executive King Room

BREAKFAST-SAME THING EVERY DAY NEEDS CHANGE STAFF NEEDS TO FOLLOWS THE HEALTH DEPT GUIDELINES TRAINING NEEDS TO BE UP TO DATE OVER FLOW OF CUSTOMERS NOT ENOUGH CHAIRS OR TABLES NEEDS OUTSIDE PATIO

TV didn't work, and the bed was hard. Breakfast offering was very skimpy. Scrambled eggs & greasy sausage pattie, plus cold cereal and WEAK coffee.

Bathroom was clean.

• Executive King Room

The bed was very hard. The towels were very very rough like you were drying yourself with sandpaper and the shower curtain in the room was broken so you couldn’t even shower without getting water all over the floor. There was virtually no parking because this location has an enterprise rent a car in it and their cars took up most of the parking.

• King Room - Accessible

Wild boar by the dumpster, no parking spaces, the door lock not working all the time and a dog barking for about 10 minutes!!

Location to tge airport.

Had to move our room, no hot water in the shower. Better when we re-packed up and made the move. Extremely noisy group of children on our floor. Our room (bathroom) needs a little TLC. Paint chipped about the mirror.

Nice breakfast. Rooms was cleaned well by your staff.

That I had to come home.

The breakfast that was provided in the room rate was delicious. Very prompt. We had no issues with any staff members and everyone was extremely helpful.

• Executive King Room

The dogs barking, and the toliet seat in our room looked as though it was scratched up and worn out a little.

The couchbed was very comfortable, and they had strawberry cream cheese for the bagels which I was very happy about, and it was nice and pretty quiet with the exception of the dogs other than that we would stay again.

The rooms were not as clean as they could be . The bathroom was in need of maintenance and had a strong smell of urine.

The staff was extremely accommodating and gracious. the location was ideal except for the inadequate parking. I picked LaQuinta bc of its proximity to my venue even though it was more costly than the Hilton, where I usually stay , or the Quality Suites.

Extremely overpriced snacks ($2 for a bag of chips, $2 for a 24 oz(?) Gatorade

I was traveling with several boxes...I was so happy they had a some luggage carts.

everything was wonderful and comfortable and the staff was very welcoming.The location is in the perfect spot surrounding plenty of shopping and restaurants. will be traveling back soon and will definitely stay again!!!

Pool was closed and gym was very small

Location easy to find Lots of places to eat within 5 min drive Friendly and helpful reception Breakfast was good - better than the standard at US hotels

The breakfast is poor , not many options and the eggs were bad. Cleaning could be better

The cleaning staff and the front desk were great, prompt and courteous!

What I didn’t like is the clogged bathroom sink. It was still draining but just very slow. I didn’t complain because I was only staying for one night. Had it not for that, my whole stay experience was excellent.

I like the location, very close to my family that I was visiting and very close to the highways. Staff are friendly and very accommodating. Good customer service.

• Executive King Room

Nice staff, peaceful, clean room, good TV channels and on-demand option, good breakfast (eggs, sausage, yogurt, bread, apples, orange, waffles, juice, coffee, among other options), good area.

I was very unhappy with two things. 1) you advertise a heated pool, but the pool was very cold. And what really bothered me is that you advertise that breakfast starts at 7 o’clock but both mornings I was there you did not get everything out until 720 or 730. We had a softball tournament that started at 7:30. We needed to be out the door at 7:20. I selected the hotel partly because of breakfast, so that was a bummer.

The room was nice and clean. We were there for a softball tournament and the location was really good.

breakfast was not good at all, not enough towels. And the staff was not to friendly

the room was very clean and the hotel was also very clean and modern looking

The staff and facilities were amazing. We had been left stranded when our air bnb was hideous so this was a life saver. Will definitely be back. Local TGI Friday’s was also great.

The tub did not have a grab bar at all. We think this was dangerous and possible law suit for hotel. We did not need handicap room, but at 70 did need a grab bar. Could be serious situation.

Nothing that I can think of.

We spent less than 12 hours in the facility. Breakfast was good and typical of hotels. The room was comfortable and served it's purpose! The room rate was far better than anything in the area.

I originally booked through Booking.com but when I had to extend my stay they were unable to offer me the same great rate.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms, lobby, lounge, laundry room and grounds are clean. It was helpful that they are pet-friendly. They have computers and a printer in the lobby and they will also send faxes, if necessary.

I was enjoy my self with my wife it was our anniversary. The front desks clerk saying that we was to loud but we couldnt enjoy our self because we heard dogs all not willnt be booking no room for them again

Bed was alright

On the day of check out, housekeeping knocked on the room door twice before 12 (check out time). That made me feel as though they were rushing me to leave. Very annoying

Stay was great.

Stayed for one evening after flying in to Tampa with my husband and small dog. Clean and quiet for a great nights rest. Breakfast was a great plus and staff kept nice breakfast area clean. I would go here again next time we needed a hotel in the area. 😊👍

one of the rooms smelled, the flush handle was broken/cracked, not upto standard for a three star hotel, breakfast buffet while free didn't have a lot of options and wasnt good enough

The bathroom in this room however, needs some updating. The hot water was great but the shower head restrained the flow of water (In my opion, beyond that of water conservation).

We were able to get the room in the location we requested in advance. The rooms facing the green belt are quiet and allow you to get a good night's rest. The warm breakfast provides a number of delightful options.

• Executive King Room

The AC Unit was leaking water. We booked for 2 adults, 2 kids..but had to make the sofa bed ourselves and only had towels for 3. Not sure if that is normal to have to make your own bed and the front desk gave us more towels. We let them know at check out about the AC leaking.

The Kingsize bed was very comfortable.

Maybe a little more variety in your eggs on the breakfast buffet, otherwise good start for the day,

Friendly, knowledgeable staff; comfortable surroundings; nice location; dog friendly.

• Executive King Room

Staff there is awesome, very friendly and accommodating. I've stayed there twice now. I was very impressed when the Manager on Duty recognized me from my previous stay in a few months earlier. Its close in proximity to restaurants (walking distance). Rooms were very clean. Will definitely be staying here again for my 3rd trip out to Tampa.

There was nothing that we did not like.

The food selection looked great, but we did not eat there. We had plans to eat out. We enjoyed our stay. We found the room very clean. We liked the look and feel (cleanliness) of this location compared to the last La Quinta we stayed at in the same general area.

Air conditioning needs revamp - room seemed musty when we arrived and hallways were humid, shower curtain in our room was aged

Property was clean, staff friendly, water temp steady

Parkolot run down Room was run down Bedding was decent Needed paint and updates Especially bathroom Staff was pleasant Nice breakfast Evacuees of hurricane Irma Can't remember how I booked room Laquinta was pet friendly thank you Room to expensive for how dated it was

I was traveling with my small dog so I was given a pet friendly room on the 1st floor. The location of the room to the dog area outside was perfect. The room itself not so much. It smelled of wet dog, there was a large dried wet stain under the bed skirt of one of the beds, and the room had a loud refrigerator that would make a knocking sound. Also the pillows were really uncomfortable, flat and lumpy like my grandmas old couch pillows. I've stayed at this location a few times and this was my first unpleasant stay.

The staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was yummy.

They were also in the middle of renovation and the back area was filled with numerous pods filled with construction material. Found 5-6 nails / screws in the parking spaces that was of concern. Lots of depre from renovation, however, I am sure they were not expecting to be filled to capacity due to the hurricane. The reception / check in area was very outdated and looked worn.

I traveled with several pets and family members to this location to get out of the path of hurricane Irma. The hotel was totally booked, however, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They did their best with the amount of guest they had to accommodate. They went out of their way to assist. Female attendant at breakfast was working as fast and hard as she could to keep food filled for guests. She did an outstanding job!

Under the circumstances (Hurricane Irma), they did the best they could. They made every effort to keep us as comfortable as possible. Kudos to all the staff for doing a wonderful job.

• King Room - Accessible

We had to park an SUV with a tow behind uhaul there was only one spot to park so we didn't dare leave to explore or eat in fear of not being able to park upon our return

The hotel was clean and cute and the staff was very nice!!

• Executive King Room

Privacy ?? No blinds ? Was white and had decor that didn't move ? Had a light shining in entire time which was quite annoying

Was across from resturaunts .

All was fine

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The location of the hotel was great because it has restaurants, gas stations, stores and easy access to the 75 South and 75 North highways to travel to other beautiful areas in Florida. The hotel was beautiful, the breakfast in the morning was delicious and healthy. The beds was very soft, clean, and comfortable. I will use this La Quinta again on future travel plans, and will recommend it to family and friends.

• Executive King Room

I really liked this Hotel, it was my first time staying in la Quinta, I had a very good time, the Hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful. Good breakfast. I would definitely stay again.

The room was clean. The bed was big and comfortable. The people were very friendly. Breakfast was very good a variety of choices. The pool was clean. I would definitely go again. Family friendly and pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Executive King Room

We are a family of four and there were only 3 towels. Also we do not mind reusing towels, but there was not any place big enough to hang them. Also no place to hand wash cloth in the tub.

Bed was super comfy. Food was good. One of the questions was about the coffee, could be a little stronger :)

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Executive King Room

Was nothing I can think of I didn't like. Simple and easy.

Jackie was amazing and let us into a room earlier than the check in time. We had just driven straight from Ky to FLO and needed to sleep. We were able to get some rest and enjoy some of the town sights afterward.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

just the view but overall everything was nice

very clean. comfortable, view not so good but great value for the money. breakfast was pretty good. would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Hotel was quiet, very clean, staff was friendly, helpful and breakfast was pretty good. Eventhough this hotel is pet friendly, we had no problems with any noise pets. My room was clean and we slept well. Will stay here again.

The bathrooms needed a little updating,the walls are thin. You can hear the person in the bathroom next door. The location was also a little further than what I expected. I like the hotel, but I will choose a hotel that's closer next time.

The hotel was really clean,nice rooms, lobby area and good breakfast. The staff was very friendly.

The overall experience was great. Friendly staff, nice large room, adjustable shower head, yummy and filling breakfast. Just overall highly satisfied!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Never again will I stay at a pet friendly hotel. We had 2 days of barking dogs. 6:30am being woken up by a dog is RUDE. No offer of any compensation for dog issues. Won't stay at one again😡

Continental breakfast was good. Pool was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

WiFi in room 427 was horrible.

Room was nice, no noise. Staff was friendly and breakfast was perfect for family travelling with kids. The location is very nice with restaurants, shopping etc.

We opened the microwave and there was this pungent burning smell. We tried to still use it but the smell only got worse and lasted all night. It was terrible!!!

I enjoyed the fact that it's close to restaurants.

Advertised 2 King beds and could add rollaway which is why we booked this hotel but there was only Queen and no ability to add rollaway! UNACCEPTABLE! Otherwise it was a nice hotel.

Clean and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Would have been nice to have a good sit down restaurant close by. Seemed out in the middle of nowhere. There was fast food type places to eat and a great liquor store nearby. Didn't realize how far out it was from the airport. Tampa traffic is horrific which I wasn't aware of, great outlet mall nearby.

Very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The shower pressure was terible

Very nicely furnished property. The hotel was spotless and the staff was super nice. Lots to chose from for breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Tub and toilet clogged. No maintenance to fix the problem. My husband had to get the plunger himself, bring it to our room and plunge the toilet himself! We had not even used the bathroom yet! Toilet handle broken. Water in the tub also backed up and took forever to drain. Pets are allowed and that's fine but there was a little yapper left in the hallway, late at night and early in the morning waking everyone up.

Nice breakfast. Good location .

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The coffee maker in our room didn't work; the bathroom sink did not drain properly; one of the lamps in the room had a light bulb missing so the room did not have good lighting; and the last day of our stay, neither coffee maker in the breakfast room worked.

The breakfast.

Some of the pillows were stiff but some were fluffy. The breakfast was ok. Bacon was in a pile of grease and the eggs were very dry. Everything else was fine.

The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean clean clean. No smell just all around clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

It was a very enjoyable stay. We had arrived late and the staff sure went out of their way to accommodate us. We were blessed with amazing breakfasts in the morning! It was certainly the best hotel!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Executive King Room

Even though entire facility was smoke free, smokers were allowed to smoke right outside the front door and smoke blew into the breakfast area. Apparently no local ordinance that restricts distance from entry.

Really fit me well ( everything)

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The staff was very nice but the bathroom could've been cleaner - there was something black in the grout and corners on the tub and floor. As the bathroom wasn't that clean and the whole room was brown, it made me nervous about the cleanliness of everything. I may be a little neurotic about the cleanliness thing though. All in all a good value and a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Free Breakfast is weak. Mostly sugary carbs & pastries (same goes for the cold cereal choices). The "omelet" tastes machine-made. The coffee was good.

The complimentary wine & cheese (Tuesdays & Wednesdays) was a very pleasant surprise, especially appreciated at the end of a long drive! The room was very comfortable and well-appointed. This location is 'pet-friendly'. Although we don't currently own a dog, we met lots of very well-behaved dogs (and owners).

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

When I used my ccardent someone stole the info and went wild with it the day after I checked out. They need to bond their employees or level 2 background check Employees Friendly yes thieves yes. Awful

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The room had some smell and the bathroom door lock is damaged. The water in the tub kept dripping.

Location is accessible and quiet enough. The staff was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

We encountered at least 5 live roaches in the room (on the wall, the door, bedside clock). We alerted the front desk of these events.

The bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was also good.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

I had to change to a hotel in Orlando because of our trip.

Hotel staff was excellent! My new friend Matt deserves a raise. He made our experience that much better. You were off the night we left, so if you are reading this, thanks Matt and Merry Christmas!! Hotel was clean, bathrooms as well. Breakfast was good and changed from one day to the next. Furthermore, the location was great. Lots of places to eat and close to that Tampa theme park.

Browse La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 traveller photo gallery