Reviews of Courtyard Marriott Lake Placid 3 stars

5920 Cascade Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946, USA

#17 of 31 hotels in Lake Placid

Light bulbs missing fan heater would not turn off. Given a room when we entered there were people in bed. Told me we had not booked breakfast. Did not give me the breakfast tickets. Charged me more than agreed. Dreadful experience

Disapointed due to what I wrote above.

My main issue with the hotel was housekeeping was basically non-existent. We stayed for three nights and not once did housekeeping come into the room to make up beds or refresh the room. I'm a frequent user of Marriott properties and I don't recall this happening in the past. I was travelling with my 88 year old father who is in a wheelchair, so I would have liked the room to be refreshed. Aside from that, it is a nice property, and the staff was friendly.

The hotel was conveniently located to Lake Placid downtown and other attractions.

The hotel is very nice, updated, very clean which is very important to me!!

The hotel itself was very clean!! The pool and hot tub was very relaxing and nice. The staff were very helpful. the beds were comfortable. They were very nice to honor my husband as a veteran and once we showed them his ID, they gave us the military discount. The location is great to get to all of the shops/restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Should have stayed at crown plaza.

No view. Parking lot surrounds hotel. Too far away from centre of town.

Comfy bed. Terrible location. Misleading on website. No view. Too much money for room received. Parking lot surrounds hotel.

Friendly staff. Very willing to assist.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Though the staff was extremely friendly and professional, there was limited food offerings due to fryer being down. The breakfast was not well organized and I believe short staffed. There was often a line waiting for coffee. Staff at times seemed overwhelmed. Buffet offerings limited and often cold. At check out was unable to use Marriott gift cards.

Excellent!

The facility and the room was so clean, we thought it was a brand new hotel. Excellent location and accommodations. We do wish there was a microwave in the room. We will be back next July!

never book a room in this hotel again, frequent visitor of hampton inn, excellent service for price

everything

dogs barking in early morning, bed was terrible and air conditioning broken, 80 degrees in room, not worth changing rooms late at nite, close too 300 a nite and no free breakfast, not worth the money,

its not worth what you pay for.

the rooms were too expensive at 209$ and it didn't even include breakfast, plus there was wifi but it was so slow we had to use our data. even in lake placid where there was literally no coverage for our phone the data was faster than wifi.

room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was big and shower was great.

The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The couch in our suite had frayed cushions and the bathroom floor was covered in water whenever you showered.

The guy who checked us in was wonderful. Very friendly and accommodating. We were there on our wedding night and he made sure everything was set up perfectly.

Booking.com .. 1st and last experience.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It was Booking.com we had issues with. Upon arrival, the staff at the hotel could not find our Booking.com online reservation - which had been paid for online two weeks prior to arrival. In the interim, the manager (Trace - who was the best) assured us he could not only get us a room, but he could do it at a price of 112./night. We had paid 198./night online under the (b/s) "best price" guarantee. We contacted American Express, and sure enough, the room had been charged at the 198. amount. Eventually, Trace determined that the reservation had been made - but it was done so under a confusing a cryptic name that Booking.com had provided the hotel. This took a number of phone calls over a couple of hours to rectify. In the end Trace was unable to give us the 112. rate, though he did comp us two free breakfast passes - which was much appreciated and exceptionally delicious. To summarize: Next time we visit Lake Placid or elsewhere we'll skip Booking.com and call the hotel directly.

Staff - outstanding. Facility - outstanding. Location - great. Booking.com .. 1st and last experience.

The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the pool and hot...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast buffet was extremely overpriced. I felt like I would need to eat 3 platefuls just to get my money's worth.

The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the pool and hot tubs. The hotel was very clean and I loved the modern decor. Staff was friendly and helpful, giving us good recommendations of things to do nearby.

A successful trip. I would recommend the Marriott.

The information indicated the room had a microwave - it did not. One of the reviews indicated that they appreciated the complimentary hot soups and cookies. There was no evidence of these items.

The fireplace was lovely. The beds were very comfortable. The location was great and the hotel was beautiful.

Defiantly going back

The staff was very helpful in finding us a local place to eat. Even called the resterant to see what time they closed.

It was very clean. The staff were friendly and the room was amazing.

I won’t go back even though the staff was so nice. The tub not draining freaked me out. Made me won

Not enough towels. The tub filled up and slowly drained. The shower took approximately 5 minutes (no exaggeration) to heat up.

The staff were exceptionally nice!

We had a nice romantic stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Jacuzzi wasn’t bubbly enough. Alcohol drink prices could have been cheaper. 😉 Room didn’t have a view on bottom floor.

The shower had great water pressure. The outdoor area was nice with the cozy fire. Bed was comfortable. Pool and Jacuzzi enjoyable. Plenty of parking. Lobby with bar and seating area very nice.

Looking forward to doing again!

The dining area had a fire going and the Windows overlooked the lake-beautiful and cozy. The complimentary soups and cookies were a unexpected treat.

The Bistro menu could have been a bit more extensive.

The Bistro menu could have been a bit more extensive. We arrived NY Eve and no where else to eat. For a family of 5, the menu was limited to only a few items.

It was a nice place to rest our head for the evening but not worth the amount of money that we paid.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Didn’t like that I booked a room with 2 queen beds and there was only one bed and a sofa bed. Also didn’t like that there weren’t vending machines on the floor and there wasn’t room service.

Front desk was very friendly and willing to help.

Very pleasant atmosphere, Very friendly and accommodating staff, Housekeeping needs a little help
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The whirlpool tub, bathroom sink, toilet, shower, mirrors and floor were not cleaned when we first checked into our room on the first night. Then the bathroom was just cleaned quickly neglecting most of the fixtures three out of the four nights....but was done somewhat decent on the third night of our stay. Also the carpet were never vacuumed in the room area, and did not get vacuumed the entire four nights of our stay.

The bed was very comfortable.

Overall a lovely stay!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There were no mirrors outside the bathroom. We were 2 women getting ready for a wedding. Our daughters were in the bridal party. There was no mirror over the desk or anywhere in the room. The full length mirror was in the bathroom as well. I would suggest moving it to the outside of the bathroom door and putting a mirror over the refrigerator area.

Through Booking.com we got free breakfast which normally costs about $12.95 Also, we were having a drink outside at the fire pit. A gentlemen employee walked by and said "you ladies look like you could use some S'mores! Let me get you kits" he returned with 2 bags containing 2 marshmallows, a Hershey bar, a package of graham crackers and a stick! Complimentary!

I liked how helpful and nice the front desk guy Trace was.

The first room we had was right over the pool.there was some humming come from a vent or the whirlpool.TRACE changed us right away.

I liked how helpful and nice the front desk guy Trace was.

Wont stay there again.

staff.

Booked a room with a fireplace on purpose and upon arrival, we are led to a room like nothing like that I had booked nor paid for. Asked for another room and received attitude from the manager saying they didn't have to give me what I booked off of booking and there were no available rooms with fireplaces. was given a nicer room but still not what we had booked or paid for. Pretty disappointed.

Bed was extremely comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Reservation was difficult to find for the woman working the front desk, somehow my middle initial was right in front of my last name so when she looked it up online she couldn't find my last name. Even inputting my confirmation number she was unable to find the reservation. Finally, she looked me up some other way and discovered that my middle initial is how my last name began ("KMorissette"??) which made no sense but it all worked out in the end. We had a nice stay.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Hotel was quiet at night - we slept really well.

Outdoor seating

Wasn't clean. Beds were not made second day, just pulled up covers, top sheet was at the bottom of the bed. At night when checking in desk clerk dressed in shabby flannel with knit hat on his head. Couldn't stay in room when power outage due to clanging bells, no emergency lights in halls which were pitch black.

Outdoor seating

Just a clean place to sleep and nothing more.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

In my reservation, I asked for a room with a king sized bed on the fourth floor so I had some nice views. I didn't know we had to rush to check in or they would give away my room, but that is exactly what happened. We checked in after 2pm only to be informed that they acknowledge my reservation request, but that they assigned it to a customer who checked in earlier that afternoon. What's the point of taking these requests and not honoring them? Sounds like something the airlines would do. Instead we get a room on the second floor with a view of the roof and all of the air conditioners. If I stood on my tip toes and tilted my head to the right I could see just a tiny bit of the mountains. The other thing, there are two chairs, one is a computer chair and the other is a nice comfortable lounge chair. I am paying for a king sized room, with a jacuzzi, could you spring for better furniture? How about a second lounge chair? Maybe a love seat? Didn't like that breakfast started at 7am. Most of your clients that day were like me, there to participate in the marathon. At least cater to your clientele so they want to come back. Have some sort of continental breakfast for those early risers who want to get their day started. Finally, how about letting truly rent this room for 24 hours instead of 22? Check in is at 1pm and check out is at 11am and even though I requested a 12pm checkout so I could shower after my run and relax a bit, I kept getting phone calls and knocking on my door reminding me checkout was at 11. Communicate with each other and read the notes in the computer first, like the girl who called us twice only to say "Oh, I didn't see that note" that was left by the evening shift.

You spent a lot of money in the downstairs lounging area, many, many overstuffed leather chairs and couches and they were nice, but I believe if you spent more on the rooms themselves, you would reap those rewards. The fire pit was nice, perhaps have more. My wife and I thought about sitting out there, but there was only one chair left around the one firepit. Disappointing. We liked the trail behind the hotel, that was nice.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Very comfortable and attractive hotel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I love steel cut oatmeal like Panera has with pleasant texture. Yours is good with the walnuts and dried fruit but too smooth.

We really appreciated The upgrade for our 40th wedding anniversary to a room with Jacuzzi! Thank you so much. The long haired desk clerk was very efficient and kind. Thanks for the free breakfast too.

Don't waste your money. Filthy.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Room was filthy. Sat on the chair and dust puffed out. Housekeeping was horrible. Left for the day and came back to a thrown together bed and full trash cans. Room smelled musty.

Bartender and front desk staff were friendly.

Lounge area by fireplace was beautiful

Room was not clean. Hair in bathroom floor and not swept behind bathroom door. Arm chair still had food ( kids goldfish snacks) in it from previous day guests.

Lounge area by fireplace was beautiful

anniversary getaway
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

we came to Lake Placid for our 22nd anniversary, and the staff was great! upgraded our room to a suite upon arrival as a welcoming gesture! Nice Quiet & Clean room.

staff was polite, friendly and helpful.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

one of the beds was like a slope...very uncomfortable...had to switch to the other one the following night which was better.

staff was polite, friendly and helpful. the service at the restaurant was great but the food options could use some touch.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Over priced. Poor room choice
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I dont think it was worth the money they charge. Room was nothing special and notified them that it was our anniversary and they put us right next to the main Lobby bar. We could hear everything. No privacy.

Really clean amd nice

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Check out the Bistro in Placid

The staff is always very friendly and outgoing. Love the idea of the Bistro saves me a trip from having to run out after getting in and settled !! Keep up the great job .

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Very comfortable; modern look.

Location was a little far off from the actual village.

The rooms and lobby were very classy and nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly and unobtrusive.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

We would definitely recommend the Courtyard Marriot at Lake Placid.

They were understaffed for how busy they were during our stay between Christmas and New Years. However, the staff was very nice and did the best they could.

The two connecting rooms made a perfect arrangement for our family of 9. This included 1 king suite and a 2 queen bedroom. We loved the shared living area and the kitchenette with the sink, microwave and fridge. The rooms were spacious, quiet and we never felt cramped. The beds were comfortable. We also really liked the convenience of the breakfast buffet. It was great to be able to go in your flannel PJ's and relax with breakfast in front of a fire.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

We were able to get an extended checkout time, which was...

I think free breakfast should come automatically with your room. I had to ask for the coupons in the morning since they were not given to me at check-in.

We were able to get an extended checkout time, which was helpful for our family.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Whirlpool was a nice touch.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Small room for price paid. Towels rough- think about bringing your own. Small shower. Poor sound on the tv and poor temperature control in room. View was looking at two other rooms (we had corner room) and at air conditioner unit.

Whirlpool was a nice touch. Town was very nice, location of hotel was in good proximity to Main St.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Excellent place to start!

Great location and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean, overall a very nice place to stay. I will most certainly stay here again.

Dirty sheets!

Room looked clean at first but when it was time to get to bed I noticed an eyelash on sheet and as I looked closer found more hairs all over in my bed and my daughter's! Sheets looked like it hadn't been changed at all!!! Disgusting, gross and a health hazard! Upon arrival we had to wait an extra half hr to get in room,so room was put together quickly and again in appearance it looked great but what a disappointment!!! After complaining I got new sets of clean sheets and changed the bed myself at 10:30pm! Not what I want to do on a get away w my daughter! They were apologetic and gave me my money back but even if they were short on staff because of the holidays it is unacceptable!!! I will not recommend that hotel and where ever you stay always check your beddings first!

Lobby is beautiful and we had a room w a nice view over the mountains

Very comfortable and clean
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Location was a bit out of the way to main st. but otherwise a short drive in.

Very clean and comfortable. Lounge and morning breakfast available. Pool with hot tubs a plus!!

Ok for location but would not stay there again!

The staff was not friendly, they did not clean our room or make bed after the first night, the breakfast was very mediocre and didn't like having to pay for it when we spent $1600 for 2 nights!!

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Winter in placid
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Breakfast wasn't worth paying for at the hotel. Should have gone out each morning instead for the price.

Beautiful hotel and location. Lake placid is full of friendly people and great service.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

very nice hotel

none

good location, very clean rooms, very nice & helpful staff...good breakfast, very cozy fireplace & they also have Starbucks inside the hotel! would recommend to friends!!!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I love Lake Placid- the experience was only enhanced because we stayed at an extraordinary Hotel.

No dislikes

Overall, it is a great hotel- quiet location, nice indoor pool and hot tubs, extra large room with a very nice shower/ jet tub and bed, the breakfast was very good and with large portions. The staff is very good and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great stay
    • King Suite

There were multiple families present, apparently for a local sporting event/tournament. They seem to overwhelm the staff capacities during the breakfast buffet. These children also were not well supervised by their parents, being noisy and running in the hall during the evening. Of course, you cannot control their behavior.

Your front desk, in particular, Pat and another employee with the first name starting with L (Larissa?-Who I only talked to on the phone), were both excellent. Pat helped by recommending that we travel first to the ski jump, prior to proceeding to Whiteface mountain, in our quest to see fall foliage. The second staff member, resolved our forgotten passport problems promptly and completely, which we had inadvertently left in your lockbox. I hope you will pass these thank you's on to the appropriate team members.

It is as just ok

View

Bed

The bed was very comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was very comfortable. Staff was friendly. Pool was very nice

Swimming Pool.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No towels beside pool. No coffee cups in room. No toilet paper in public rest room.

Swimming Pool.

It was a very quick trip with a lot of driving; I needed rest and recuperation - it was perfect!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Everything was satisfactory - no complaints

Very nice small café with excellent fare

Guests were very noisy in the pool ,no staff to stop them

Pool was very tiny; no continental breakfast

Service

Service

Perfectly perfect

Clean, friendly, spacious, accommodating, quiet

The bed was not really all comfortable.

The bed was not really all comfortable.

Great choice

Helpful staff, great breakfast choices, kids loved pool, parents the whirlpools. Mere minutes from Olympic Jump installations.

My room wasn't made available until 10pm on the day we...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

My room wasn't made available until 10pm on the day we arrived. The staff made adjustments for the cost of the room.

Could not check in until 9:00 due to room availability

Could not check in until 9:00 due to room availability

The room was bigger,more cozy, and cleaner than we'd...

The room was bigger,more cozy, and cleaner than we'd expected. Loved that you could open the windows!!!

Would not stay or recommend

The lady at the front desk

The pool

Great location, clean and modern hotel.

Friendly staff, housekeeping was great, nice pool and jacuzzi.

Excellent choice for the price point

Well appointed and large room with some nice extras, very comfortable bed

The room was great, to bad the noise of cars keep me up all night.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The hotel was to close to the road. Heard every car driving by all night long.

Fireplace in the room was great!

confusion w/ rooms-3 hour wait - should be compensated
    • King Suite

We waited over 3 hours for our room after getting wrong room the first time.

Fireplace was great

Comforting, inviting warm

Everything was awesome

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful it made our Xmas a lot more enjoyable

Great breakfast.

Great breakfast.

I will never say there again. Usually Marriott hotels are reliably good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was not near ANYTHING. It had no liquor license. The food was all pre-cooked for your zapping pleasure.

they upgraded us at no extra cost.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

they upgraded us at no extra cost. kepts us seperate from the hockey team that was there

Overcharge.
    • Large Queen Room

Overcharge. Rate of 113 hiked to 444 for no good reason.

will be back

the smores

Excellent room for the money you spend. Will visit again for sure
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Free wifi wasnt the best

View from the Courtyard windows side.

friendly and helpful

Didn't try anything.

Great!

Hotel staff was amazing!

rushed

Would have been better if breakfast was free and hotter but it was ok

Very nice atmosphere wish I had time to enjoy it more.

Excellent location. Amazing soft bed. Nice gym for good work out. Super happy

More dinner choices. Hot tub didn't work.

Bed and bedding were amazing! I want to buy all the bedding !!!

It was great! Everything I expected.

Nothing negative

Everything was great!

No Working AC
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The air DIDN'T WORK and it was 80 degrees in our room at bedtime.

Pricey for the location.