Reviews of Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

901 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA

#23 of 56 hotels in South Lake Tahoe

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I'm sure if i wanted a timeshare, i could ask.
    • Queen Studio

The staff on arrival after a long journey are too pushy with the selling of timeshare. I was there on holiday, not there to buy a property. Also the hidden extras we had to pay at the checkin desk were a surprise to us. Parking was a pain as we had to park off site each day, there simply isnt enough parking for the hotel. Even the bathroom door needed a good push to close.

The beach location was ideal and was idealy located and close to pretty much all you could need.

Disappointed
    • 2 Queen Studio

The sales team would NOT leave us alone. VERY forceful. Push push push. The staff at front desk at check in time was rude. No parking. Had to park off site 10 minutes away hauling your own luggage. Place was very noisy.

Nice place to stay
    • 2 Queen Studio

Would have been nice to have a complimentary breakfast or at least have the restaurant open before 2 pm

Very clean, easy to walk into town area, nice pools & sauna. Very quiet

The property is good .
    • Queen Studio

The staff were focused on selling us Timeshare. After checking in we were sent to the concierge for a ‘welcome pack’ .. this was actually to persuade us to attend a ‘presentation’ .. this was in reality all a Timeshare sales approach . Avoid if you don’t want a pressurised Timeshare sales team nattering on ..

The property is good .. excellent pool and a good restaurant..

The cleanliness of the whole resort.
    • 2 Queen Studio

Not enough parking for guests. Had to valet every time we left to go sightseeing.

The cleanliness of the whole resort. the large room with kitchen. It was close to everything.

• One-Bedroom Room

Parking is horrible. Staff could be friendlier at the front desk, and more helpful offering solutions when faced with questions. One pool was unavailable. Staff didn’t say the other was open.

After I changed rooms and payed for the upgrade, they only...
    • 2 Queen Studio

When I called to ask about the room difference the person on the phone was rude and I felt like I was bothering him. The original room which is a 2 bed suite is no bigger than my closet at home. The upgrade was better, but I lost a nights stay. My phone had no service. I have Verizon. WiFi was another problem or non existing. I'm going to stop there, because I'm getting upset just answering the question. Thank you

After I changed rooms and payed for the upgrade, they only accommodated for 2 days instead of 3. But the upgraded room was okay expect mom had to sleep on a couch.

Great location for South Lake Tahoe
    • Queen Studio

This is a hotel/timeshare so get ready to be sold... every single time you pass the lobby some one is trying to try you about the property. It’s obnoxious. Not helpful. Just obnoxious

Great location for South Lake Tahoe

Front desk very nice.
    • 2 Queen Studio

Concierge for time share way to pushy. I would never have booked here if I had known I would have to deal with a timeshare push. Studio room was noisy with some kind of fan in kitchen area running constantly. Something around the refrigerator smelled of sour milk

Front desk very nice. Nice resort great location. Enjoyed the fire pits outside in the evening and being right on the beach

Centrally locates easy walk to the beach or shopping
    • Queen Studio

Our room was never cleaned. We were there 2 nights. No fresh towels, trash was full. It wasn’t till after the room was booked that I was informed the pool and spa would be closed for repairs.

Centrally locates easy walk to the beach or shopping

• One-Bedroom Room

I didn’t like the fact that there was not enough parking for all the guests. Once the parking lot filled you are forced to do valet parking.

Great location. Awesome rooms. We really enjoyed our stay here!

Great accommodations for Tahoe ski trip
    • Queen Studio

The amenities in the suites included stove, microwave, and refrig which made it very convenient for preparing meals. The property has a nice view of Lake Tahoe. The outside fire pits were a nice touch. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs were nice after skiing all day.

Most of it location is just about perfect.
    • One-Bedroom Room

Beds are defiantly more comfy for my back at the Marriot, but then again we all have different likes on mattresss firmness. Over all this place was good planning on coming back with the kids!!

Most of it location is just about perfect.. Staff is great rooms are nice and clean

Lovely time and easy place to relax with the family.

Dishwasher.

Kitchen and dishes/cutlery/pots and pans, etc. Firepits. Open Courtyard for the kids to play. Swimming Pool, Hot Tub and Sauna. Friendly staff.

I love the sounds of a good time being had.
    • 2 Queen Studio

I love the sounds of a good time being had. It was just a little bit to loud up in the rooms. Front desk lady was a little rude when I called and asked to be reassigned. I was cool on moving rooms to allow the family next door to play on. I was there on business and was needing to sleep early so I could make my super early appointments. Other than that hiccup the place is great and I’ll be back...

Staff was attentive and friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Room

This is a family resort, so be prepared for children to be everywhere. Would also be nice if the property had transport to the stateline area.

Staff was attentive and friendly. Property is centrally located. View is awesome

Overall great experience. We have two return trips already planned!
    • 2 Queen Studio

We had once incident with a salesperson, Nicole, during the 1-on-1 sales presentation, she didn't like that I had kids with me as they were unable to go to the childcare on-site. It is important to mention that the issue was quickly resolved by a manager and the rest of the concierge staff was amazing.

good
    • 2 Queen Studio

Booking.com only provided one available room when a large number of the rooms were available....many of which had better price points. What readers should also do is look for room availability via Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort's website. I was under the impression that Booking.com provided some of the best rates available....my error and I'll know better next time.

Kitchenette and plenty of coffee. I was also apprehensive after reading some of reviews but it turned out good.

It was a nice atmosphere.
    • 2 Queen Studio

There is only 1 pool table so it was hard to play because there were so many families there. I hope you guys out one more pool table.

It was a nice atmosphere.

The pool was closed early due to maintenance and we booked...
    • 2 Queen Studio

The pool was closed early due to maintenance and we booked this hotel for the pool. We asked for late check out so we could enjoy it in the morning and they said no....

Clean, small room, no parking, no maid service
    • 2 Queen Studio

No parking. Need to valet everytime you come in and out. There is no maid service. They said that it would be an extra charge. I have never heard of anything like that. I have stayed at thousands of hotels

Did not like the pressure that was getting through the...
    • 2 Queen Studio

Did not like the pressure that was getting through the concierge and the manager where they’re trying to Book you appointment to visit some one about timeshare and compensate you $100 gift card that’s the negative thing.

Nice and comfortable
    • 2 Queen Studio

The self parking is available only outside about a block away from the property. Though the valet parking on the property was nice and convenient.

Nice property, close to lake and the other attractions. Kitchenette was equipped with all utensils (and wine opener!) and was a big plus for us as a family. The fire pits outside and the hot pool were very nice too.

Ping pong tables, pool table, friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Room

My first room was ice cold, when i called maintenance the man told me to wait a while for the heater to start working. After my family of young children froze our buns off, we were finally given another room to stay in. When this was brought to their attention, they did not even TRY to make it right , NOR MENTION IT TO US AFTER WE WROTE THEM ABOUT IT!!! we paid over $300 a night , and thats the kind of respect we received.

Ping pong tables, pool table, friendly staff

Relaxing and comfortable overall.
    • 2 Queen Studio

Limited parking meant a crap shoot in whether or not you could park onsite. The off site parking is 2 long blocks away, which is a bummer during rainy/snowy weather. The hotel needs to figure out an acceptable policy for managing in-room marijuana smokers. We were faced with the smell entering our room all weekend! No phone calls to attend a timeshare presentation please.

The room had a comfy bed and well stocked kitchen in case we chose to cook. The on-site restaurant food was really delicious and offered a number of gluten free options as well. A daily Happy Hour from 2-6 was a nice treat.

Great location and great amenities.
    • Queen Studio

The sales pitch at check-in and check-out was a little uncomfortable. We were on our honeymoon and not really looking for a timeshare "tour". The decor in the room could be updated, and there was a significant rip in one of the draperies.

The kitchenette was great! It was small, but totally useable and fairly well stocked with appliances and utensils. The bathroom decor was nice. The overall layout of the room was good. The location was terrific - centrally located to restaurants and very close to Heavenly Village. I appreciated having an extra blanket in the cupboard as I always sleep cold.

Sad!
    • 2 Queen Studio

Booking.com did not indicate that pools would be closed. I attempted to contact the hotel through booking, through email and phone to cancel since we chose this hotel for the pool situation. I never heard back from anyone at the hotel, nor did booking make any attempt to contact me about my request to cancel. I was disappointed that for an off-season weekdays stay and a closed pool, the room rate was ridiculous. I will not be using booking in the future for reservations. And I will not be staying at a Diamond Resort. which is too bad since I thought I'd really be interested in their membership. NOT PROFESSIONAL!

The game room and activity center was nice. The concierge desk was extreme friendly and helpful. They provided lots of local discounts.

Absolutely, terrible!
    • 2 Queen Studio

I will never stay at a diamond resort location ever again, and will warn all of my friends and family to never stay with diamond resorts either. Terrible customer service, terrible hotel. The worst experience I've ever had! We should have just stayed at a Motel 6, would have been comparable and a lot better priced.

Very enjoyable stay
    • One-Bedroom Room

our balcony looked out onto the car park which was not good to sit out on, and there did not appear to be any rooms that overlooked the lake which was a great shame. Reception staff on admission not very friendly but all other staff that we came into contact with were very nice and helpful.

Our room was large, clean and well equipped. Plenty of parking and resort easy to find. Location very good as we were within walking distance from shops, bars and all other amenities.

Clean
    • 2 Queen Studio

Didn't give us any consideration for a special occasion. It was our 44th wedding anniversary. I had requested a lake view room or a room with a fire place. Got neither. Did not have enough parking.

Clean

• 2 Queen Studio

Everything. Room was great pool was great hot tub area great price was great! People were very nice . We came from hard rock casino the best was no smoking. Room smelled good all areas well manicured and smelled good

Excellent location excellent location! Bartender went above and beyond to make feel comfortable. We came in late. Single mom traveling with teenagers. No close stores open it was 11:10 pm. Still let me purchase one beer. Thank you!!!!!!

Not to be repeated
    • 2 Queen Studio

Long delays checking in as staff didn't accept we had booked through booking.com. Unapologetic when we finally convinced them that we had. Caused long delay in checking in. Mayhem in lobby with long check-in queues made this even more unpleasant. Rude valet parking staff who insisted that we had only been waiting for two minutes for our car when it had been over fifteen minutes. We had only had to resort to valet parking as the on-site parking we had been promised hadn't materialised.

Comfortable beds.

A kind of city accomodation in a vacation place...
    • 2 Queen Studio

Parking lot isn't big enough for the resort and was full. Inside the hotel, it feels like a city accomodation : many floors, long corridors, lots of rooms on each floor. full parking lot. It lacks a bit of "vacation feeling". Access to the closest beach is through the parking lot adjacent to the resort and this beach is tiny.

Check in people has been really nice and helpful. Kitchen in the room was well equiped.

Not so impressed
    • 2 Queen Studio

Small parking lot; always having difficulty looking for a parking spot. There was a humming/buzzing noise all the time in our room; it's okay if the TV was on, but it was hard to sleep at night.

Facility and linens were clean.

Great location and staff but not prompt for check in time
    • One-Bedroom Room

We tried to check in earlier at 3:15 even though check in time is at 4 and our room wasn't ready. We were late to our friends wedding because we got in the room late. I had requested to check in between 2-2:30 and hotel never responded back. I also called and they said it was fine. Completely different when we reached there.

Family Friendly all inclusive!
    • Queen Studio

Our window didn't open/was broken No hot water for a shower morning we left

Happy Hour 2-6 :) great access to pool. Indoor/outdoor pool fun. Activity center for kids! Had fires places outside and BBQ facilities which was cool (we didn't use). Full kitchen in our room so great for little (picky) eaters.

Public beach accessible is very small with limited space...
    • 2 Queen Studio

The hotel doesn't have a private beach, and the public beach by the marina now has been closed off on both sides leaving a very small portion accessible to be used by guests here. Also, the checkout time is earlier than most hotels at 10am and check-in time is later that most hotels at 4pm. Good luck trying to check-in early because rooms are not available till 4pm on the dot. Was not worth the money and will not stay here again.

It was okay
    • 2 Queen Studio

Parking sucks. On the 5th floor good luck getting the room cool enough to get a good sleep, air conditioner sucks. No hot water in hotel on last day, (for a lot of people I heard). All we get is an I'm sorry for no hot water. Do you realize how great it is to take a cold shower on your last day? It's like a punch in the face. I didn't pay 100 dollars a night at a hotel 6. I paid an average of 300 per night. Not to mention busy ass weekend you guys decide to do one day construction on the driveway. There's no slow time (days, like a Tuesday or Wednesday. It created a mess in the front. But like I said staff was extremely friendly, and I heard they only make 8 dollars per hour. That just tells me this is a greedy company. Your kinda like the government, let all the little worker bees work till they die so the king and queen can go to one of there many masions or there private jets. I'd rather pay more and stay in a cabin next time. I've stayed at a lot of places and I realized stuff happens. Only difference is usually I would get comped a day or something. 4 star resort with no hot water. Diamond restart is a joke!! Oh yeah get some modern coffee makers like every other hotel, you think people want to make a whole pot which is really only like 2 cups anyways. Gets some Kerigs in there!! Place had a nice facade.

Staff was more than friendly. Pool was nice.

People were very friendly and helpful who worked there
    • 2 Queen Studio

Beds were uncomfortable we stayed for three nights and never once did someone come in to clean or change towels would have been nice after two day

People were very friendly and helpful who worked there

I won't be returning!!!
    • 2 Queen Studio

The staff was not friendly or helpful. I tried to contact a manager and never received a call back my entire stay. The pool was mearky and spa was filthy!

Not sure it's worth the money.
    • 2 Queen Studio

Hated the timeshare stuff. Also the wifi didn't work well and wasn't secure. Check in staff could have been more professional.

They trapped me for 20 minutes trying to sell me a timeshare.

First vacation in ten years and this stay rejuvenated us! Thanks
    • 2 Queen Studio

Pool was a little dirty but that's understandable with all the kids using it. Still an exceptional property. They have a kids activity room with staff.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • 2 Queen Studio

THE PERSON THAT CHECKED ME IN. THERE WAS AN ISSUED WITH MY NAME WHICH I DISCOVERED 4 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVING. CALLED BOOKING AND THE HOTEL ASSURED ME EVERYTHING HAD BEEN TAKEN CARE OF AND UPON ME ARRIVING NOTHING WAS TAKEN CARE OF AND THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK WAS RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

BED WAS VERY COMFORTABLE

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good location not so great facilities
    • 2 Queen Studio

For the price we had a very small room, no house keeping, parking was always hard to find, Staff was trying to sell you discounts on stuff if you watch there resort video, and our room was next to an entry door.

The beds where very comfortable :\

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Good stay
    • 2 Queen Studio

It said two queen beds but they were more like full beds. Windows wouldnt open. An area of the room's light wouldnt turn on. It would have been better if they offered room service since their restaurant's kitchen closes at 9pm.

Room was very clean. I like the bathroom. Kitchenette was complete and very tidy.

Great location & good facility.
    • 2 Queen Studio

No free breakfast. No changing of linens. Housekeeping needs to be provided on a daily basis. Provide more parking.

Great location. Nice facilities. Great price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great bed, bathroom and kitchen area.
    • 2 Queen Studio

ABSOLUTELY TOO MANY CHEMICALS IN THE POOL! IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO CONTAMINATE THE WATER SO THAT IT IS TOXIC. RESULT: QUITE ITCHY SKIN...FOR DAYS.

Great bed, bathroom and kitchen area. And downstairs area.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Would stay there again!
    • Family Room

Parking wasn't consistently terrible, but on more than one occasion there wasn't any. They could very well purchase a portion of McDonald's huge parking lot that borders there own, but that would very well cut into the local tow hustle.

A security safe in each room, and an assortment of coffee. Overall a nice facility.

Not worth the money!
    • 2 Queen Studio

1) not enough self-parking 2) swimming pool was very dirty and grimy and wreaked if chlorine so much that your eyes burned 3) beds were very worn and uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Near perfect home-away-from-home!!!
    • Queen Studio

They still do NOT have full HD TV. Some channels in HD, others analog and horrible. Also, they will try to get you to their timeshare sales staff. They are persistent, but not pushy, sort of.

This was our third stay. Staff was excellent even when our reservation could not be found (booked with 24 hours). Questions answered, all staff polite, including Vinny our waiter at the on-site restaurant that is also reasonable & has excellent food plus a full-service bar in lobby. Pool is really cool (indoor & outdoor!!!), whirlpool near perfect plus a hot sauna. Rooms are just incredible. You are close to all south shore stuff and a short walk to the lake. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. We really do love this property!!!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Not having room service

Everything was excellent.but they didn't had room service every day I wish they did because seeing clean and tidy room after coming back from outside would be great...with room service this lake Tahoe resort will be number one top of the line Resort in Tahoe!!!I am referring this resort to all my friends and families....Thank you

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Fun Family Getaway
    • 2 Queen Studio

Could have let us know when checking in that there was a game room upstairs.

Great Location. Easy to find. Free valley parking was great while it was snowing.

Beautiful rooms.

Lost 2 of our reservations so we were out 2 rooms. It was our wedding so we had booked 6 rooms to accommodate family and friends. They lost 2 of the rooms and half of our party had to go to other hotel. Staff was helpful and took care of us but the stress of the lost booking and the hour and a half it took to resolve the issue was very stressful we missed our wedding rehearsal

Beautiful rooms. Great indoor pool friendly staff

Luxurious hotel. Great rooms but a little too fancy.
    • Family Room

Description of two bedroom suite didnt say that there is two kitchens. Unnecesarry for 3 people.the heaviest dumbells were 25lbs. Wish they had at least 50s.

2 hot tubs and a pool with part of the pool indoors. Joining rooms

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Wonderful snow vacation
    • 2 Queen Studio

Only thing disappointing was that I asked for new set of bath towels and it took 3 days later to get them.

The kids activity center is great and the pool is fantastic!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Pool was cold
    • Queen Studio

Pool was so cold. I called before make reservation and asked the pool condition but they did not tell anything bad about it. After arriving there we learned that there was a technical problem to heat the pool's water. Even if they told us the problem solved, the temperature was still cold around 70. I chose this hotel because of its pool but I was so disappointed.

Kitchen, location.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

beautiful area
    • Family Room

parking was a little difficult. the parking spots were all taken.

location was nice. pool was nice. workout room was adequate. maybe add another aerobic machine like a stairmaster.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Great hotel, not so great parking...
    • One-Bedroom Room

Not enough parking near the facility. You either have to leave your car and take a taxi everywhere, check your car with the vallet or walk two blocks to/from the parking complex.

Love the location, indoor/outdoor pool, cleanliness and amenities available on site.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

our comfort zone was very good
    • One-Bedroom Room

on site parking rules need attention.....one slot per suite not working.

comfort zone was great.

Pull out sofa was comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Room

A/C could not be regulated. Bed in bedroom was saggy.

Pull out sofa was comfortable. Close to lake. Enough room for 3 adults.

staff was very pushy on selling vacation time share

staff was very pushy on selling vacation time share

ALL EATIRES CLOSED VERY EARLY AROUND THE FACILITY INCLUDING THE CAFE AT RESORT
    • One-Bedroom Room

THE CAFE CLOSED EARLY ASKED FOR TOWELS NEVER GOT THEM I GOT A HANDICAP ROOM DIDNT ASK FOR IT

THE ROOM WAS GOOD NO VIEW AT ALL.

Not happy I didn’t receive 2 rooms with 2 Queen bed

I’m not happy because I get charged more money and I didn’t receive 2 rooms with 2 Queen beds

The place is beautiful

Recharging
    • 2 Queen Studio

No cleaning during the stay. Pool was closed

The resort was very comfortable and close to things to do.

The extra fee for WiFi and Valet parking

It was ok.
    • One-Bedroom Room

I booked months in advance and asked for a lake view room. My request was ignored.

Moon Bear restaurant

Will definitly return!

EVERYTHING!

Wonderful trip. Great resort made special by the people, location and experience.

NA

Fabulous vacation!

Trip of a lifetime fr

Nothing. All was good

Everyone was friendly and helpful

Checkout is too early

Checkout is too early

Perfect
    • One-Bedroom Room

Maybe too much chlorine in the indoor spa

Good location, nice property, but they do not allow dogs so I won’t stay here again.
    • 2 Queen Studio

Riom over the pool area is noisy from equipment all Night. Couldn’t figure out how to use the tv remote.

Is a great place to stay.
    • 2 Queen Studio

The people of the welcome desk try Co convince to get the membership.

The location, close to everything.

Very friendly staff

Noisy room

Very friendly staff

Location,playing area,indoor-outdoor pool,fire pits outside...
    • 2 Queen Studio

Location,playing area,indoor-outdoor pool,fire pits outside,beach nearby a pleasure to be at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort,will be back soon 😍👨‍👩‍👧🛏👌