Reviews of Lancaster Arts Hotel 3 stars

300 Harrisburg Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603, USA

#13 of 41 hotels in Lancaster

Great place for staycation!
    • Queen Studio

We live in Lancaster and decided to stay here because our air conditioner broke and we couldn't sleep in the heat. It turned out to be a magical "staycation." It was the perfect location and vibe for relaxing and enjoying downtown Lancaster. The arts theme is really well done. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Great ambiance marred by poor sleep quality and chintzy breakfast offerings.
    • Queen Studio

Major drawbacks: Our room (#309) had a very noisy heating/cooling motor that kept us awake. It sounded like it might break. We called the front desk at 3 a.m. Someone came right away. He did not seem surprised, said that's the way the system is, and offered us ear plugs. Also breakfast is sub-par for such an upscale hotel.

Great art throughout the hotel, industrial-chic. Good service. Easy parking and access to downtown Lancaster city is a short walk.

Pleasant and comfortable and being vegan found a vegan restaurant close by.
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

Not much to improve on. The location was several blocks from "downtown" but that is just a fact and not a "dislike". Good news, right across the street from Clipper Stadium.

The suite was clean spacious and very well appointed. The individual at the desk at the time of our arrival was extremely pleasant and went the extra yard to map out where we wished to travel. We were treated to nice touches such as champagne glasses (which we requested), free rose and chocolate. Overall, excellent experience.

Beautifully restored tobacco warehouse in downtown Lancaster
    • Queen Studio

Our room was quite small, hard for two people to move around in. Also, I think the check in procedure could use some improvement. There was only one person at the desk, and she had her hands full with other guests, one of whom appeared to have a complex set of problems. Eventually another staff member came over and helped. Everyone was very friendly and professional; I wouldn't mention this save for the fact that the exact same thing happened on our prior stay a year ago.

Excellent restaurant. The building and facilities generally are terrific. The location in Lancaster is good...easy walk to the downtown districts.

Cozy and relaxing
    • Queen Studio

They turned down our bed for the night while ww were out to dinner and also put a rose with 2 chocolates on our pillows. I thought that was very sweet...it was our anniversary.

Excellent!

Elevator-a little slow.

As soon as you open the door to the room, the wonderful smell hits you; not over powering; so soothing. The characteristics of the room, great! So clean and very comfortable.

Too short!
    • Queen Studio

Can't think of anything that I didn't like.

Beds were comfortable, room design was modern/industrial that was well done, options available for eating or having a drink in a cozy environment. Great art hanging. Loved the details like the "messy studio" cues to the cleaning staff and the room sketch pads.

Fun, comfortable, a nice retreat!

Bathroom outside of restaurant had overflowing garbage. That's our only complaint and will definitely stay there again!

Restaurant is amazing! Bed is comfortable. Love the bathrobes!

Stayed one night.
    • Queen Studio

Stayed one night. Although the room was ready when I arrived, a strict 3pm check in adhered to- odd. Heard conversations from another room through vents, but quiet at night. Basic breakfast- but fine. Liked the Exposed brick in room . Complementary pass to YMCA a plus. Would stay again.

Highly recommend

Nothing it was perfect for what I was looking for.

Has a great historic charm, extremely well maintained, very unique, and clean. Staff very friendly, restaurant was excellent, and beautiful original wood floors.

At check in after have a terrible experience at the first...
    • Queen Studio

At check in after have a terrible experience at the first hotel the front desk at Lancaster arts hotel help it so much and even up graded our room the hotel was amazing and made you very welcomed

Great place!
    • Queen Studio

Great location, beautiful room and bathroom. Very convenient to F&M. Only stayed 1 night for a cheer competition at the Convention Center but hotel was very nice.

Can't wait to go back!
    • Queen Studio

The hotel had a lot of character. The room was very comfortable, dinner at their restaurant was delicious and breakfast the next morning was great too. I would definitely stay there again!

All in all I would stay here again.
    • Queen Studio

The places to eat along with the restaurant on site was over a 2 hour wait just get a sit. And not enough choices for the breakfast including when it states breakfast included you would think you may get scramble eggs, a meat,fruit, not all breads,and bagels.

Staff was very friendly and helpful with our questions,our room was amazing the bed was so comfy and roomy. The showers were nice had great water pressure, with plenty of room to turn around in.

I loved the whole feel of this hotel and will definitely stay again!
    • Queen Studio

If I need to pick one thing...I would say that the corners of the shower stall and wall next to the toilet could have been cleaner. Although, the rest of the bathroom was very clean.

My son and I both loved the decor of our room. The exposed brick and original looking wood floors in the room as well as the hallways gave it an industrial feel. The artful fresh flower arrangements in the lobby were a nice touch.

Great stay, if I pass through Lancaster again I'd stay here in a heartbeat.
    • Queen Studio

The breakfast was fine, a step up from what you'd get at a chain hotel but a step down from what I've eaten at other hotels of a similar price.

Room was clean, the front desk was very nice. We needed to be at a wedding when check-in was set for, but they were very nice and let us in early. Rooms were beautiful. Parking is free and nice. A+

Comfort and elegance in an old tobacco warehouse.
    • Queen Studio

Very comfortable, awesome staff and location. Free water in the room! Continental breakfast was a step up from what you get elsewhere. All in all, an excellent experience.

Comfortable and pleasant sta, but let down by the breakfast.
    • Queen Studio

The breakfast was awful. Yes it's included with the room, but for a hotel that clearly attempts to be a cut above we expected a little more than a terrible continental breakfast. The staff were very nice but came to our room 3 times to let us know that we could go to them if we needed them. Again, very pleasant staff, but coming to our room 3 times is a bit much.

The room was nice, comfortable and very clean. The hotel was very nice as were the staff. Great location as well.

I’d definitely stay here again.
    • Queen Studio

Walks were rather thin (although of brick - maybe ceilings are thin). We could hear our neighbors.

The facility was sparkling clean. Parking was on-site & free! Breakfast was hearty. Staff was helpful. There was a rose & chocolates awaiting us in the room. It was a pleasant overall experience. Swimming available at the Y across the street.

lovely, homey atmosphere. Perfect for what we needed
    • Queen Studio

Saw some chipped paint, other things that needed freshening up

lovely atmosphere, nice room for complimentary breakfast, bed was very comfortable, nicely appointed bathroom

Cute boutique hotel, comfy bed.
    • Queen Studio

It's not a shortcoming but we really needed to check in a little early so we could go to a wedding, and weren't able to. It would have been above and beyond if they could have allowed us to check in early--

Bed was super comfy and staff was friendly. Free breakfast is a nice perk. The room and bathroom were nicer than I expected.

Except for mechanical noise issue, great facility
    • Queen Studio

200 series Rooms above the parking garage new edition, had a constant noise like someone vacuuming close by. Believe it was the large air exchanger on the roof of the bldg. Don’t recommend these rooms until issue is resolved. Kept me awake most of the nite.

Food was excellent

Location, luxury, great bar and restaurant and walking distance to F&M and downtown.
    • Queen Studio

1. I've stayed at this hotel many times, and I've always enjoyed my experience there. 2. I love the ability to use the YMCA next door. 3. The bar is fantastic, with great service and delicious cocktails. 4. When I wanted to stay here, I originally looked at the hotel website. It said the rooms were sold out, but then on booking.com there was not only availability but a VERY competitive price! This hotel is the first to be unavailable in Lancaster, so I was thrilled to be able to stay here through Booking.com 5. I originally booked one night, but then got off work so I booked an additional night. Booking.com reps helped me figure things out and add both reservations together. It was seamless and easy. 6. From now on, I will use booking.com FIRST!

The property is beautiful and clean.
    • Queen Studio

We were right by the elevator and the hallway speaker that plays music so it was never quiet.

The property is beautiful and clean. The bed was very comfortable. It’s so nice to be able to grab coffee and a bite to eat in the morning.

Staff was outstanding!
    • Queen Studio

Staff was outstanding!! They gave me an upgraded room and everything for my niece's wedding was perfect. They could not have done anything better!!

Stay somewhere else, but eat at the restaurant

There were large clumps of hair in the bathroom both times we stayed. There is something very wrong with their cleaning procedures. Definitely does not have the cleanliness or staff helpfulness expected of the most expensive hotel in town.

The restaurant is great. The rooms are furnished very attractively.

I loved how clean and tidy everything was and the room was...
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

I did not care for the breakfast. How do you serve every drink imaginable in the morning and have only 5 or 6 options for food. yes the pancakes were good and bagels were standard but were the heck is the selection? Where's the meat? no bacon or sausage no eggs besides hard boiled? really? I paid over 300 dollars for one night and thats all you got? poorly done

I loved how clean and tidy everything was and the room was very comfortable. Jacuzzi hit the spot

Next time we pick another hotel...
    • Arts Suite with Hot Tub

Definitely not for families! They charge the roll bed 39$ with no warning, no kids menu at the restaurant, obnoxious personnel at the bar

Nice building

Location was great, ample free parking.
    • Queen Studio

I thought that the carpeting in the room was not clean, could be replaced. Caulking in the shower was black in the corners-needs redone.

Location was great, ample free parking. Unique boutique feel with turndown service. Was only there for one night, would have liked to have time to dine and have a drink at the bar...

Easy to find and park.
    • Queen Studio

Attitude of staff apon arrival. Arrived 12 minutes before check in (3pm) after long drive, to be told to go away until 3pm. Breakfast room was full at 7:30, limited options for healthy breakfast, had take food and eat in bedroom. Over all this spoils our attitude toward this facility. Our room was supposed to be a studio suite but was on the smallish side. Photos make it look much larger than it was.

Easy to find and park. Big shower and elevator to upper floors

We had a lovely stay.
    • Queen Studio

The bed was a bit small.

The decor was interesting and attractive. There was no wall-to-wall carpeting, which is good. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

A memorable place to stay, worth the cost.
    • Queen Studio

The hot water in the bathroom sink took a couple of minutes to get hot.

Very comfortable bed, outstanding breakfast ( included in the cost for the room),wonderful atmosphere in the hotel,the building is a unique structure.

An enjoyable stay. Highly recommended.
    • Queen Studio

I didn't eat in the restaurant because I found the menu to be a bit "too high-end". None of the offerings really appealed to me. In my opinion a good restaurant doesn't have to go for haute cuisine as a sign of quality. Simple but good entrees and salads, etc would be sufficient.

Room was nicely decorated true to the name Arts Hotel without being too pretencious, bathroom very spacious great amenities, location to downtown Lancaster very convenient, no problem with parking, staff was friendly. I can recommend this hotel and will consider it on future visits to Lancaster.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The decor was lovely.
    • Queen Studio

Breakfast was not ready one day. The server was not in a hurry. I left for work without breakfast. Selection was limited. Did not receive a requested wake up call. Drain in the shower stall was very slow to drain.

The decor was lovely.

We felt like we never were able to relax it just was not a good getaway
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

We had someone walk into our room after knocking we did not answer for turn down my has been was changing for dinner

They tried to accommodate us after the thermostat was broken in the room

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Loft like rooms in central Lancaster

No complaints about the hotel itself. The surrounding area (within walking distance) is pleasant but not exciting. The hotel is located near the campus of Franklin and Marshall so there is some pleasant early morning walking, but options are limited.

We were upgraded to a loft suite. Great room. Spacious, interesting furniture. It rained heavily throughout the night, and the sound of the rain on the roof echoing through the room was just wonderful. My wife and I frequently make the long drive from the NY area to Pittsburgh and we have been searching for a good half way point to stop for the night. We've found it here and will certainly return.

I had a great time!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't really have anything bad to say about my stay. The only thing that was a bother was the elevator.

I liked that the bed was really comfortable. The staff were really friendly! I also really liked that the bathroom had a cool step in shower.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The Lancaster Arts Hotel was a jewel among the Amish...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything I could say I didn't like other than not being able to stay longer.

The hotel was beautiful and loved all the artwork and artsy furniture. Your staff are professional and very friendly and helpful. We ate in your restaurant the first night and it was the best meal we had had in a long time...but what completed the experience was our waitress, April. I've eaten all over the world and she was so professional, unobtrusive, always there when we needed her and she even gave us touring suggestions. Whoever trained her should get a gold star!

Need improvement.
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

Front desk staff were not helpful providing any information about hotel amenities or local attractions. Room floors are old and squeak when walking. Some light fixtures did not work. TV set is old and picture quality is poor. Hotel provided bath robes were not clean.

Hot tub, Nice bedding.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Want to stay here every time I come to Lancaster
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only hitch was the breakfast. It was a busy morning so they could not keep up with the amount of travelers but the food did not stand up to the standards of the hotel and restaurant. I think they would do better by having the restaurant open so people could get good coffee and ala carte if they like. We ended up having breakfast elsewhere.

The room was beautiful, spacious and such detail to great design from comfortable comforter, sheets to fabulous paint colors and art. Cannot wait to retrun

Perfect stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel!
    • Queen Studio

The small plates in the restaurant were the perfect size (we got three for two people) to grab a quick bite before walking down to the Fulton Theater. Also loved the openness in the shower and the use of the glass to separate the bathroom.

Aweful...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was not impressed with hotel or it's services. The area in which we stayed was an addition to the original hotel there was nothing on that side to even make you feel like you were at the arts hotel. Reviews on this hotel show pictures of original building with brick walls in rooms, ours was just a plain room. Very misleading.......Except for reception..everyone else was always moody almost like they were forced to be there. No smiles, no good morning, no good evening....

Love the character and charm this hotel has to offer.

A free breakfast is offered. You will need to arrive earlier in order to partake bc they ran out when we arrived later.

Hotel was very clean. Mattress was very comfortable and service was excellent.

Nice visit to Lancaster

Guest room and bathroom had very dark wall color with dim lighting while having only one window for natural light. Fine for sleeping or watching tv but dreary for hanging out or reading and hard to see while doing hair and makeup. Not a fan of the bathroom double glass doors. Husband found the mattress too soft.

Building history, arts decor, bar and restaurant, and overall service were all very likable. Enjoyed the coffee table games in the lobby sitting area. Garage parking and turn down service were nice. Good to have breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Unique and Charming Hotel
    • Queen Studio

I absolutely loved the overall experience of this hotel. Its very unique and cozy. The staff was super nice and helpful, and the room was perfect. It was nice coming back to our room with chocolate on our bed and a rose next to it! We definitely are planning on coming back.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

We were upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool which was...

The room was next to a staircase and you could hear every single step. Almost like there was no wall there.

We were upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool which was unexpected but fantastic.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Loved it!
    • Queen Studio

Elevator was on the slow side.

Just loved the ambience of the old brick warehouse converted to a hotel. Checked-in at three and I had to be somewhere at four so only really slept in the room when we returned. Did not partake of the continental breakfast due to being taken out for breakfast by the people we were visiting nor of the restaurant/bar the night before. I paid for location and ambience and they were both spot on! Have business in Lancaster to visit, I will definitely be returning.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Spent our wedding night here
    • Queen Studio

The bathroom was gorgeous but a bit chilly because there is no door on the shower. The elevator is painfully slow.

The bed was super comfortable. Having breakfast was nice; whether you ate downstairs or just grabbed things to bring back to your room. Beautiful rooms/facility. Robes and a wine fridge! Separate room with its own tv.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Very pleasant stay
    • Queen Studio

The room was large and spacious with a nice bathroom. The bar and restaurant are very welcoming and well managed. The food we ate at dinner in the restaurant was excellent. The artwork in the hotel is very impressive and interesting, and is an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Loved our stay at Lancaster Arts.

The hotel was beautiful. Modern interior, historic architecture, clean room, comfy bed. Friendly, professional staff. They encourage guests to draw pictures and then keep them in an album. So cool. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Awesome Hotel!
    • Queen Studio

We were dropping our daughter off at college and had a great stay! The location was so convenient, the decor was beautiful, and the staff were courteous and extremely helpful. We would most definitely stay again.

Very inspiring experience
    • Queen Studio

Breakfast could be little more elaborated.

It's a unique property. You have to be there to understand the complete design and the work. Superb

Perfect
    • Queen Studio

would love to bring my family some day but visitors are mostly single or couples

room was classic romance and amenities were awesome

Friendly, low-key, efficient!

Friendly, low-key, efficient!

A bold exciting atmosphere filled with luxury
    • Queen Studio

I can’t think of a thing

It was unlike any hotel I had been in, the colors were rich and bold. The atmosphere was so comforting and refreshing!

I loved the atmosphere and the people were all very friendly...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I loved the atmosphere and the people were all very friendly and helpful.

We celebrated our birthday here and it was amazing!

The WIFI wasn't working properly

Absolutely LOVED how we had a rose delivered each day!

The room didn’t make us feel like we were in a hotel at all!
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

The room didn’t make us feel like we were in a hotel at all! Very relaxing!

Had to leave before breakfast was served, so didn't get...

Had to leave before breakfast was served, so didn't get the opportunity to taste.

Nice hotel in a great location
    • Queen Studio

Pillows on the bed were too small

Nice Hotel in great location.
    • Queen Studio

Lighting in room not great for women trying to apply makeup.

Loved the turn down service. Quite a surprise.

So elegant and relaxing!!

n/a

Just a beautiful hotel. We have stayed there many times and it just is so wonderful every time.

Unique art and architecture

odd location

Unique art and architecture

great boutique hotel
    • Arts Suite with Hot Tub

very friendly staff. room exceeded expectations. very clean.

Loved it

Classic

Nice hotel. Comfortable and good value.
    • Queen Studio

One of the sconce lights was out. Although we booked the room for two people there was only toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) for one.

Great value.
    • Queen Studio

Hotel restaurant is quite expensive.

Great restaurants nearby

Quick drive downtown to our favorite restaurants.

Very thin walls. I’ll spare you the NSFW details. Mattress was stiff and had no bounce or fluff.

Quick drive downtown to our favorite restaurants.

Wonderful stay

Nothing i didn't like

Big room and nice comfortable bed.

YMCA access (across street)

Slow elevator

YMCA access (across street)

Wonderful!
    • Queen Studio

Room had a shower only and no bathtub.

Great room, beautiful decor, great breakfast included...no complaints!

Bad front desk Experience! !!
    • Queen Studio

Front desk Maggie Dietzler was extremely unproffsional, rude to my husband.

Lighting in room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Lighting in room.

Could hear other guests in their rooms.
    • Loft Suite with Hot Tub

Could hear other guests in their rooms.

Friendly staff. Convenient.
    • Queen Studio

Music in hallway by the bedroom was too loud

Art work