Reviews of Creekside Lands Inn 3 stars

2545 Savannah Highway, West of the Ashley, Charleston, SC 29414, USA

#83 of 89 hotels in Charleston

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, It was awful. The staff were sullen and unhelpful, but at check-in were very quick to verbally give you a list of all the the things you could be charged for if any damage occurred, the only person there who was helpful and attentive was the manager. We had to move rooms because of the smell in the first room, the second room was a little better, but not much. Faulty shower knob, showers pole almost falling down, no duvet cover, marked sheets, the list goes on. My husband and I have been travelling around Florida and South Carolina for nearly 4 weeks and this is by far the worst place we have stayed, and certainly not the cheapest. I felt relief when we left, thank goodness we were only there 2 nights. In my opinion the whole place needs completely upgrading, and the staff need a lesson in manners, unfortunately I think the manager has a epic job on his hands in every area. I would not stay there again if they paid me, and that is a shame as the location is good.

The only good thing about this I mnemonic is it is on a main highway.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is pricey for a hotel that is dated and needs an upgrade. However, since Charleston hotels are high priced, this hotel is good for one night if you are passing through.

The garden and creek scenery is nice. The location on the highway is convenient to get around to downtown and restaurants.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not the cleanest place. Breakfast was bare minimum (two cereal choices and yogurt). We had to leave to go buy breakfast because they didn't have spoons for the yogurt and cereal so there was nothing to eat.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled like mildew and the carpet was so wet from the air conditioner leaking that when you walked you could see the water bubble up. I complained to the front desk clerk (who clearly saw my point) but the manger refused to refund my money and said he had no other rooms available. He ended up giving me $30 off our room which was not near enough. Their breakfast is a joke too. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else.

Decent pool although there were people there that stated it hadn’t been open the last 2 days because maintenance had got around to it!

No gluten-free breakfast option, but I was able to toast my own gf bread.

Staff welcoming and helpful. Very comfy bed. Air con in room effective and not too noisy. I was working, and room included desk and height-adjusting chair, perfect for comfortable use of laptop. Domestic-size microwave and fridge allowed me to eat as an when I wished. Access to ice machine and to coffee (or hot water for tea) all day. Creekside location is picturesque and good for wildlife-watching. Pool was clean and well-maintained.

Room was nasty. Shower didn’t work, floor was dirty, air conditioning vent fell off in the middle of the night they would not switch room. We were told a manager would call us about everything and we never heard anything out of him.

The room was dirty. There were stains on upholstered furniture, food in the refrigerator, hair on the toilet, and broken furniture. This is not some place I felt comfortable having my kids sleep.

The girl working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She understood why I didn’t want to complete my stay there and was quick to offer a refund.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds too soft horrible. Maid service didn’t make bed. Just pulled covers up. Didn’t even pretend that it was made. I’ve machines did Not work. Only 4 tables in breakfast room. No place to sit. Breakfast minimal

Good location. Friendly staff

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet and upholstery were filthy, tile floor was very slippery (greasy?), phone, microwave and mini frig didn't work, sink didn't drain, built up dirt in every corner, counter surfaces dirty, complained about sink but nothing done, check-in clerk in tears because of previous patron's dissatisfaction. Lots of traffic noise.

Absolutely nothing!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

First Hand the Pool was closed, After a harsh insisting of my wife the Pool was opened. Price is too high for the Level of cleaniness and age of the Motel. Location pretty nice, besides a creek.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had to ask for enough towels each day we booked for 2 kids and two adults and they only gave 2 towels both nights. Furniture had scratches and a rip on one piece. Upon arrival they didn't greet us they were talking with on lady then when she left they just looked at us and I told them we were there to check in they pulled the money drawer out and counted it in front of us prior to checking us in. The ac had moisture and it wet the bed next to it .Lights were bright in the room even with the blind/ shutter closed. the hot water was not enough to allow all 4 to shower back to back.

It was close to the family we came to visit.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The tub was cracked and covered with plastic slip mat. Very unsafe. The toilet moved every time u sat on it, making loud noise every time u get up.

Property had nice features outdoors

Didn’t like lugging my luggage up the flight of stairs. Additionally the water temperature was tepid and I couldn’t get it hot. The cold water knob was broken and took some effort to operate.

Perfect location for our needs this visit! Out from the congestion of the city but close enough for ez access. The inn was unexpectedly clean and comfortable...great value!

Anybody considering bringing dogs to the motel need to really do their research on prices so calling the motel is best. Their prices are RIDICULOUS for pets. We paid $575 for our room and an ADDITIONAL $300 to keep our dogs and we were undercharged at that rate. It’s $30 a dog per night if under 25 lbs. $75 per dog per night over 25 lbs. We got a partial refund because we complained a good bit but it’s not easy getting a refund from the manager on anything.

I liked the price for the location. The rooms were clean and the place was all around quiet for being a motel.

the traffic coming and going.

staff was very nice and accommodating, room clean, bed comfortable and if you couldn't hear the traffic the back where the pier and creek was very nice. we come to Charleston once a month and stayed in tons of hotels, this was better then pricier places we've stayed in. i would recommend it..and stay there again.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing much that I recall. The room was a little 'close' - we aired it out and that was resolved. Their idea of breakfast was not the same as mine - but that was true wherever we stayed.

It was a vintage highway roadhouse, much like the one's I stayed in when I was young. All the doors opened to the outside. Everything was dated from that period, but it was clear they were updating as time permitted. I very much liked the lake on the property. Plenty of wildlife there.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The walls in the bathroom had obvious repairs. A bag of trash came rolling down the stairs near our room and some spilled out. It might have been an accident, but not all the trash was cleaned up until the next morning. The blinds on the windows didn't close very well so my son had a hard time falling asleep.

The view was amazing! We enjoyed it so much that we ate our breakfast outside. The motel is very convenient to the highway. The front desk clerk was friendly & informative. The bed was very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room should have been bigger . The food was OK. Should have added some eggs & bacon or sausage for the price of the room. The first night when we got back to the room we were locked out. Was not to happy about that seeing that we had a handicap person with us and that we were put in a room way down at the end of the motel. there was no hook on the back of the door in the bathroom. Also no place to hang up clothes in the room. Probably would not book a room here in the future. Not for $149. a night.

We liked the fact that the location was good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff checked us into a dirty room. I went to the front desk to explain that she checked us into a dirty room and was told I was incorrect and that room was clean. I know this room was dirty because the cleaning staff let me know so! The front desk staff could have cared less that there was an issue.

The view and location

Price it a little lower

It was a very laid back place. It had several different areas to enjoy your tim there. It had a great creek dock for sitting. It alsi had a nice patio area for grilling with seating and tables to sit and talk at. It had a awesome pool area.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The picture on the site is deceiving. Although knowing 100/night was a find....thought it would be a bit "more" than it was! Felt like I was stepping back into a 50's motel! There was that "smell" from the earlier motel days as well. The beds were fine, but the carpet was icky. There were no closets to hang clothes. The tv was very small. Having said that, we survived and not a bug in site! The Breakfast area had kiddie cereal and waffles. No eggs, no meat - just muffins (no pastries). Would I stay here again? Probably not.

quiet and beds were comfortable

Travel info out in public area(was behind desk & had to ask for it) there was music I bar across road, but didn’t know about it....

Comfortable bed. Loved the picnic area and dock. Was great looking at stars while floating in pool

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty in the corners, carpet felt greasy, tub yellowed, furniture dated.

Beautiful on the outside, great location, super front desk receptionist, Beds were incredibly comfortable.

Cozy, comfortable feel, clean rooms, grounds were well kept. Pool and grill area with seating along side a creek for fishing if you like. Will stay again.

Room is not clean. Water on bathroom floor, floor felt sticky, carpet is filthy and has garbage left on it. Quite a mediocre place but costs over $100. Still is one of the cheapest I could find for Charleston. I guess it’s just Charleston that is way too expensive.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was locked both days, told they would check and never heard, later told safety issue. Air conditioner didn’t work well. Room door didn’t close well, so outside noises a big problem. Whole facility very run down.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting outside our room window was too bright . I looked the next morning and all the lights are placed in front of the windows.

We liked everything!!!! The room was spacious,thick towles, comfortable beds.It has a feel of a bed and breakfast. We will be back .

The room we booked, someone had to let you in. No card key worked. 1st room was dirty, smelled and had gnats all let the sink. 2nd room Was clean. Saw a couple of people changing rooms for some reason.

Not much. Nice little pool

The room was dirty, especially the floor. The bed was too soft & uncomfortable. The toilet tissue holder fell off of the wall, and the tub & shower was of poor quality.

There was not much to like.

We would have liked juice for breakfast.

Our room seemed freshly painted/updated. It was nice and clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable and we liked that the bed didn’t have a nasty bedspread on it, but had a cover sheet that was very clean. Breakfast was basic, but fine—waffles, bagels, cold cereal, yogurt, coffee.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our refrigerator was not working when we arrived, so my husband tried to fix it himself. It began to work but when we mentioned it to the maintence men, they began to talk about us outside to each other, assuming we were lying. Little did they know we heard their foul conversation. That is not professional to accuse someone of lying. Why would we waste our time to fix a fridge that should have been working in the first place. Then the first thing we noticed was how nasty the carpet was, smelled like old pee. They did remodel the hotel and it looked great besides the carpet. Then the drunkies came out at night and wanted to be loud and crazy.. Not good for kids to be around. Then lastly, there were some stains on the pillows and bedding.

Beds were comfortable, great view of the water, some of the staff were polite.

It was terrible. It took 4 rooms to get one that was in even decent working condition including toilets ,door locks,hairdryer,etc!!

Pretty bore. ,Nice desk lady Dana tried to make best of inexcusable situation

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Too much water pressure (if that's possible) Had to turn it way down for the shower. Not a bad thing really, more of a FYI

Peaceful setting close to where I wanted to be in West Ahsley

The carpet could be updated because it felt a little dingy and the shower knob to transition from bath to shower needs to be replaced in room 105.

The location was great in my opinion - lots of shops and restaurants on the Savannah Highway. The grounds were also really pretty - nice landscaping and the hotel is on a marsh. I wish it was warm enough to use the pool because it looked well kept. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were good as well - tv and refrigerator. I felt very safe staying at the hotel as well (deadbolt on door but no chain which I don't find very effective anyway). The carpet could be updated because it felt a little dingy, but other than that, we had a nice stay and I would stay here again.

The rooms need to be updated.

The bed was very comfortable and we like being able to fish and crab from the dock until non hotel guess came and took over the fishing dock.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was noisy from traffic and only single glazed. Furniture was haphazard. Beds and chair were worn out. Bathroom door did not fit. Toilet was unstable. Corners were dirty. Standard lamp was not easily connectable to power socket. Breakfast was the poorest we have met in US - stale minimuffins, no adult breakfast cereal, no bread for toasting, no hot food except small waffles, timer on waffle maker not working. Wi-fi took over 30 minutes to connect in the morning.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It seems new management is really trying hard but I'm sort of a clean freak so it did not exactly meet my expectation but for the price and location and experience it's worth it dealing with the little bit less than.

The location by the marsh with fishing accessibility is really awesome if you don't feel like getting into the traffic.

No elevator and no one to help with bags, which was hard for a middle-aged woman traveling alone. No closet, just hooks on the wall, floor and furniture was filthy, TV got one station, road noise. The flyer in the room indicates that your valuables are not safe and you should take your jewelry and other valuables with you!

The showerhead.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room had a bit of a smell, maybe the air conditioning unit needed a new filter or cleaning? Bathroom floor could have used a better cleaning.

The location was good. Bed comfortable enough. It met our needs for the night though. Convenient to the airport next morning.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was beside a busy highway which was noisy.

The inn was beside a creek that was absolutely beautiful. The grounds were kept up nicely. The staff was friendly.

The smell (perfume) in my room gave me a horrible headache. The rooms need gutted and redone. It’s obvious that updates are not a priority, but someone has TRIED to make things better. Missing woodwork. Plumbing not secured. Broken tiles, and old dirty furniture.

That I changed reservation for only one night. The nature outside. The facility grounds outside are awesome.

The shower was leaking from the ceiling and didn’t have any water pressure. Could barely take a shower. Carpet was dirty. The room looks like it was really nasty at one point and painted over.

We were there two nights. No maid service after the first night. We came back to the room and found it just as we left it. Some time prior to our arrival a rack with hooks had been mounted in the sink area. This was convenient; however, the sawdust from drilling had not been cleaned up. There is a safety issue with the tile in the bath area. Very slippery in the humidity.

Our receptionist was most helpful and friendly when we checked in. Great orange flavored water in the lobby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit rough and worn and could have possibly been cleaned a bit better over all: ie: wipe down bathroom walls, clean top of light fixture at sink, replace blown light bulb. But other than that it was a motel room and you are in Charleston to sight see not sit in a room. Beds was comfy and I slept well. AC worked well. And even thought the place was very busy with guests it was very quiet at night to sleep after a long day on the go.

The bathroom door would not shut. The knob to turn on the shower was not connected, just hanging on. Fortunately, it was in the "on" mode. The footstool to the chair was nasty.

Our room looked tired and shabby. The refrigerator was rusty on the outside. It wasn’t as clean as I thought it should be. It has a small wildlife watching area over a creek/swamp area. But the noise from Rte 17 was 24/7.

The location made it easy to get into Charleston. They caught us as we left because we forgot our toothbrush chords!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My son and my father were doing a road trip to drop off my son at the AFB in SC..they both said they were able to enjoy the hotel I booked for them. I asked them to tell me more about it..Clean, people are nice and the food was not half bad. They were able to walk and do a bunch of stuff and celebrate my dad's 67th Bday which was very special for them.

No hanging facility. The room was too cool, without heating. I didn,t like the tile floor -cold. No towel rail. Bathroon door warped so had to pull hard to close. Expensive for what it was. Breakfast basic.

Wi-fi good service

Rooms needed updating. Bedding was cheap. Pillows were awful. Need room darkening curtains as walkway lights were bright when sleeping.

Employees were excellent! Very friendly, talkative. Fishing dock was awesome, parking good and well lit.

Carpet in unit needs to be replaced - badly worn. One table was on its last legs......literally.

Staff was extremely friendly. Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning room.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No batteries in smoke alarm in the room, or fire extinguisher outside, dog poop outside door, broken floor tiles, no slip mat in the tub, bed too soft. No clothes closet or towel rack. Not handicap accessible, limited breakfast and only three tables, and bathroom door was open from the lock down to the floor...not what you would expect for $300 for a two night stay. And THEY DO CHARGE YOU before you arrive a deposit which they have posted otherwise!!! No in room coffee maker.

The location.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds we're unstable. They would lean as you got on from one side or the other. Comfortable, just unstable getting in and out. Almost like a broken leg. Key card kept deactivating.

We enjoyed the fishing pier where we could go crabbing. Staff was friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are so old that they sunk when you sat on them and the frame flipped up. The toilet seat broke and the tub was old and disgusting. The shower head was from the 70s. The ceiling fan also looked like it was from the 70s. There was an iron but no ironing board. It was very hard to get any hot water either. The plumbing was backwards and we finally figured out that the hot water was where the cold was. The floors were sticky. There were only two towels for four people and when the maid came to the room she only left one towel for four people. It looks like they tried to have a.. renovate this place. They painted the outside of the bathroom door but not the inside and it was really dirty and disgusting. I would not recommend this place for what they charge. I have stayed at nicer red roof Inn‘s !

Good location but that’s all

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only 2 towels were provided for a family of 4. No maps of Charleston available & front desk staff seemed to have limited knowledge of how to get into the main district/parking.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room is not the best, it's dated. If you wait until late to shower, you will be using cold water.

The location was ideal. Not too far from downtown. Near restaurants and supermarkets. This property is pet friendly so they come to breakfast with owners. I have a dog but, I didn't like that idea. Not where food is involved. You can grill on site. There's a pool and a gazebo over water. Fishing is also allowed on site. Restaurant across the street. Very busy highway!

Super small bathroom with a warped door that didn't close. We had a first floor room which was easy to access, but the second floor is only accessible by exterior stairs.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Some very nice outdoor space, with a creek that borders the property. Restaurants nearby. The room is fine for an affordable motel especially if its just a short stay. Convenient location on the highway.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. There were still crumbs on the table the fridge was disgusting and the room smelled like pot. The beds were also super small.

I loved the outside of the hotel. It is on a beautiful property.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The building had rotted baseboard in bathroom, stain on shower curtain, we did not feel it was even clean enough to shower in. The beds felt broken, sheets had holes in them, comforter had stains, might have had bedbugs, furniture was super cheap, door had no lock. Was just horrible!

Location was alright

They run out of food one morning there may be a river near by but the rooms face the busy Hwy 17 poorlocation,the price is an insult for what you get. never again

Breakfast offerings below par. Only one waffle machine so there was a long wait to make them.

Bed and pillows very comfortable, room was clean, fast and reliable WiFi. I loved that the whole facility is smoke-free.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It’s not far from the beach and seems to be the cheapest in town. It’s an older motel but well maintained with upgrades. The staff are friendly and respectful. I would stay again it’s perfect for the price.

The beds were good. There was an added cost $120.00 for the pets. Would not have brought them or stayed there if this was known. We told Booking we had the 2-pets Booking said this price. NOT TRUE! Will probably use Booking but would not stay at this place.

The first room we were put in, had no carpet the floor was nasty, it looked as if someone had been staying in the room. My husband was looking for the missing remote to find a bra behind the front of the bed. I moved the pillows to find pubic hair all over the sheets. My husband went to front desk told the lady, she moved us to another room and said that room wasn't supposed to be rented out. (219) the 2nd rm was clean. She did apologize for the issue.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were cigarette burns on the bath tub,the corners in the bathroom had crud in them and the floor in the vanity area was sticky.The bathroom door needs repainting. Too many chips in the paint.

The bed was very comfortable and everything worked.

No water pressure barely any hot water and the faucet in the tub is falling out and it took forever to turn off the water. And the room was dirty it didn't look like it had been swept or vacuumed.

The only thing I liked was being able to walk out onto the water and enjoy that.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no hot water in the morning. Front desk called and I was told it was because they were full. She implied that it was not an uncommon occurrence on mornings that they were full. I stated that at the age of 58 that this had never happened in my life at any hotel or motel. I have stayed at over 100 hotels/motels. I told her it was never acceptable to run out of hot water. I told her that the hot water system was obviously inadequate and it was not acceptable to have not been addressed by now. She offered to call the engineer. I told her that would not help given the history of the system I asked if waiting a few hours would matter. She said probably not as only 5 rooms were checking out that morning. I waited 2 hours___no hot water was available. Neither my wife or I were able to shower due to known inadequate facilities. Upon checkout, my wife asked for the bill to be discounted; she said she would tell her manager. Nobody has contacted us yet. WJM MD

Leaving

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Management. Condition of rooms. Rented 2 rooms for 3 nights. 1 room toilet was broken didn't fix when requested. Had to push float down everytime flushed the toilet during stay. 2nd room found 2 adult bed bugs. Management stated he couldn't do anything because I didn't take a picture of bugs on bed. I had crushed them in a paper towel to take to the front desk. Refunded $30 of our bill that was well over $400. Barely covered the cost of washing our clothes at a laundry mat. Didn't want to take the chance of bed bugs getting into my house. Wished I would have taken those pics so I could add them to this review.

The morning staff were very nice and helpful. They listened to our concerns and tried to help us.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no coffee pot in room Had to turn on tv with a light switch had to get out of bed to turn tv off. The shower was of poor design there was also a hole in the floor of the shower

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Checked in on Friday, Beds were not very net, there is a HOLE in the middle of the bathtub, which made you feel like you were going to fall thru to the bottom floor. We ran out of Bathroom tissue, kleenex, and were only give 1 towel for the next morning. Very disappointed with our stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I thought when I read breakfast included it meant full breakfast like eggs and meat. This was one of the deciding factors to stay there. I was surprised it was continental breakfast. To me that is false advertising

Room was clean and bed comfortable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No main light coming in room, everyroom different, dirty towels, no blow dryers in every room, no key to get in room, had to wait for reception to open it everytime,continentail breakfast was a joke,

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We brought five people, there were two beds in the room, no cops available, no sheets or extra blankets available, room is not as clean as it could’ve been, tissue in bed, dirt in bathroom, staff was not interested in helping, Very loud from bar, and other visitors at hotel, which were up all night.

The surrounding area was pretty, good place for social location, Close to a bar .

It's dated, dirty, terible overall. We didn't dare take a shower. We didn't sleep in the bed until they changed everything, the sheets, pillow cases, mattress cover. The towells were dirty as well. Better sleep in your car. Be warned. The people working there were nice and tried to fix everything we asked, but it is beyond fixing. It should be closed down.

There was nothing wrong with the property. The rooms were clean and they are a nice size. The breakfast area is small but it worked for me, and the American style continental breakfast is perfect.

Breakfast could have been better, and when I checked in, one of my rooms had no bed spreads or phone cord.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was very spacious.