Reviews of The Langham Boston 5 stars

250 Franklin Street, Financial District, Boston, MA 02110, USA

#5 of 81 hotels in Boston

We loved the location and the service was excellent the...
    • Deluxe Double

We loved the location and the service was excellent the staff made a special effort for my two little girls first trip to the city, that included children robes, & slipper and some cute stuff animals they were terribly excited and was wonderful having a pool to come back to on a hot summers day. Room service was quick and easy too. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & will be back.

Great location but room and bathrooms a let down. Need to be updated/modernised.

Rooms and bathroom. Need to be updated to justify price.Have stayed in much nicer Langhams which is why we booked here. A bit disappointing.

Rooms, particularly the bathrooms need to be updated for the price. Restaurant/bar understaffed.

Excellent hotel, staff and value for money.

Best hotel we have stayed in whilst in Boston in all our visits to the city. The helpfulness of the staff from the point we checked in, the quality of the room, the location and the value for money were all excellent.

Welcome home .

Absolutely nothing

Very Friendly staff welcomed us back (we have stayed here twice before) . Quality bed linen and furnishings . Brilliant location . Excellent facilities

Excellent hotel without Bar.
    • Superior Queen

Pillows were uncomfortable. The bar was close and they replace it with a restaurant that they had at the reception. They did not have bar’s food or cocktails (mojito or margaritas) even they were trying to figure if they have some Amaretto. Poor bar!!!

Location, everything was super close and the building super clean.

Perfect place in the middle of the city
    • Superior Queen

At the breakfast there was only one manager busy with taking some orders by phone and there was no one else to have us seated

Everything was impeccable, rooms equipped with all necessary stuff, all clean and the staff very friendly.

Classy hotel in the middle of the city.

Little expensive

Staff - Wonderful Staff and customer service. They made prior arrangements for me as i requested on email. Very polite staff. Location - easily accessible and near to Major tourist and office locations. Cleanliness - very clean.

Great place great people great time

Having to leave

Salim our guest service attendant was awesome Brie and Jonathan at the bar were awesome Keith the doorman was awesome along with Nathaniel they were all very professional and great people from top to bottom the whole staff was great

Fabulous property
    • Superior Queen

The furnishings in the. Indeed mound were well worn and used.

The comfort and cleanliness . The staff have a welcoming , can attitude. The Sunday Brunch is one of the best I have experienced.

Good hotel in Financial district
    • Superior Queen

The room we stayed in was a bit dated (4th floor)

Large, spacious room (we stayed on the 4th floor) - we stayed over a weekend so got a good deal on the cost of the stay.

The staff was helpful, the location was central within easy...
    • Superior Queen

We couldn't find anything to criticize.

The staff was helpful, the location was central within easy walking distance to restaurants and historical points of interest. The property is one of the finest we've chosen.

Big deception!!

Big deception!! First photo of the web - second photo is the reality I have stayed a few times in Boston and someone sugget me to try this Hotel. I booked a superior bedroom on booking. because i wanted a nice view and nice upper bedroom. I informed the reception that i wanted the superior bedroom i booked and they infor me they had to downgrade me because there was an error on the sistem and i payed only 250usd - and this price was not the superior(?) After my complain they told me they will give me the bedroom i booked. Upon arrival they downgrade me again... i arrived in an international long flight without energy to discuss again. Be aware: They have some bedrooms on the superior that were renovated. I think those may be nice. I got a horrible very old bedroom on the 3th floor. The floor was so dirty and smelly - looked like there were parties there for years (it is not so expensive to change old carpets Bedroom was very dark and facing a very noise street. Did not sleep more than 2 hours. you can see photos The wifi did not work. comes and go like a bad caffe ... very unorganised staff The streets surroundng are desert and look dangerous evening night. It is a working district and at night no restaurants and only strange persons in the street I do not recomend this area and this hotel

Great long weekend in Boston
    • Superior Queen

Rooms are a little small for the price we were paying , although very comfortable. Requested a kettle but was never forthcoming

Great location and easy to walk to waterfront area and markets from here

True luxury property with great spacious room, turn-down...
    • Superior Queen

At check-in, the receptionist commented I look tired, which one never wants to hear... The bathroom, while nice, had a bathtub only, and a step-in shower would have been a nice extra.

True luxury property with great spacious room, turn-down service, and overall excellent level of service despite the fact I booked an extremely discounted rate.

Very heteregeous service which is a concern for a 5 stars hotel
    • Deluxe Double

Bed bugs (!) + nonchalance of some staff (forget a charger & power supply, called the hotel within 30 minutes, and then two more calls later in the day, to repeat every time my story, but they were not able to send someone to pick it in my room. Sole response was: "we don t know if the room has been yet cleaned by the room service, sometimes, they bring it to us, the security, only a few days later if not")

Some other staff were great, such as Salim for the check in

Great staff, Great location, wouldn't stay again.

The style is a bit out dated. The hotel needs a makeover. The pillows are awful and not enough.

The staff is top notch. The pool and fitness area are very nice. Any room above the Deluxe King Room might be better. We got a Deluxe King and it was just OK. I would not stay again because, the amount of hotels in Boston is plentiful and there are much nicer rooms at equivalent or lower prices.

Very enjoyable but a bit pricey.

Very expensive. Stayed for 5 nights and had 3 different room rates during the stay. The lifts were extremely slow and only 1 was working Rooms were very comfortable but a bit small considering the high cost. Rooms Will need some refurbishment in the next few years

The coffee facilities were excellent. Staff were excellent. Location meant could walk wherever we wanted

Pleasant enough but overpriced.

We could not see the park from the room as promised and the long waits for the lift.

The hotel was fine and although we upgraded to a deluxe king room with view of the park, because the windows slope on the top floor it was virtually impossible to see anything out of the window except directly ahead which was boring buildings. There was only one lift working for the whole of our 6 day stay which was frustrating.

Great place to stay if you visit Boston.
    • Deluxe Premier King

Extra paid, expensive parking.

Excellent place in the middle of beautiful Boston. Very close to Freedom trial. Large, super clean, stylish room. Helpful, super nice staff.

Dirty hotel, do not go there

Paying $350 to be bitten by bed bugs

Stayed one night in suite 455, beautiful room, but in the morning covered in bed bug bites! Mentioned this at reception and got a “oh sorry I’ll mention it to house keeping” so we are now spending the whole day cleaning and disinfecting 2 suit cases and all there contents! Do not go to this dirty hotel.

Elevators were broken whole weekend (only one out of theee...

Elevators were broken whole weekend (only one out of theee working). They fixed it just before we left. You can just imagine waiting time. Rooms a bit small and the building oldish.

I booked this hotel just for an overnight stay and got...

I booked this hotel just for an overnight stay and got upgraded without asking anything. Room was amazing, bed very comfy (if you like soft ones) and staff very accommodating .

Pleasing stay at Langham

Classy, elegant! Their front desk, Ms. Jenna, is very pleasing and helpful. Would love to stay here again. The location is perfect for those who like to explore the city of Boston.

professional and efficiency check in.
    • Superior Queen

would have scored higher but breakfast staff and the restaurant were miserable. also there was some plastic on my food. the rest of the hotel was fine although rather dated. have stayed at the langham in london and this was not as good.

professional and efficiency check in. location is good if you are using the main train station, also close to most of the other main attractions in Boston. Being in the business district there is little life here at weekends.

Our stay was fabulous!

We did not have a great view from our room, but that was okay with us.

The service was wonderful, beyond our expectations! Everyone was so helpful and kind! We loved our room, it was very clean and the decor was beautiful! The location was awesome,all the sites were within walking distance.

Boston Sight Seeing
    • Superior Queen

There was nothing I did not like, I recommend this hotel

Great location by Post Office park in Downtown Boston, close to the Freedom Trail. The facilities are top notch; employees are friendly and helpful, the room is beautifully decorated, everything here is of high quality. Comfortable bed as well, I had a very good night's sleep

The staff was excellent but the inconvenience and trouble associated with an unexpected was not good

I was called in the afternoon right before my event I was getting ready to attend and told there was a leak somewhere in my room and they would have to move me and could they come up right away and get me moved. This caused my to be late and having to re organize and pack to go was very inconvenient and frustrating.

Turn down service Staff Amenities

Stylish hotel in the centre of Boston.
    • Superior Queen

There's almost no sound insulation, thus you hear all the noises from neighbours and the hallway, which is extremely disturbing the sleep (neighbour's air conditioning) and the doors opening/closing and cleaning staff speaking in the mornings in the hallway.

Stylish hotel in the centre of Boston.

Overall we are very pleased with The Langham and remain loyal to them whenever we visit Boston.

Our room could have been more spacious, the outlets need updating, the furniture needs updating, the closets a bit roomier. Updating the chairs to a more comfortable style for relaxing.

The bed and bed linens were very cozy and comfortable. The towels were luxurious and generously sized. The buffet breakfast is always outstanding and delicious. We appreciate having an electric tea kettle in our room so we can enjoy tea time at anytime. Very relaxing and peaceful

Fantastic people: but plain, yet ok, facilities
    • Superior Queen

It's an old(er) hotel: needs much refurbishing.

Mr Salim, at front desk, was a true gent , warm and generous, and went really out of his way to be kind. He even gave me a late checkout at no charge. I really appreciate him and his staff. They had quality. Some minor, mechanical things went wrong in the room like the flush and hot water, but they were likely flukes. It's the people that makes the place.

Can be improved still and will be fabulous.
    • Superior Queen

Terrible noise of the shutting doors from 6 in the morning!!! Sound insulation really poor. You cannot rest at all! House keeping really nice but starts rather early.

Style Cleanleness Location

• Superior Queen

No hot water in the shower or sink the first morning. When I called to complain, I was told that it was there was a problem affecting the whole hotel. Somewhat grudgingly I was later offered a meal credit. The next day, black soot came out of the tap (followed by hot water). Not what I expect from a hotel in this price range.

Best hotel staffs and services ever
    • Superior Queen

I stayed the Langham to attend Boston marathon. I could check in early (around 10am) because the room was ready. I asked them if there is the microwave for the guest, and they actually put it in my room!

Personnel is courteous, helpful.
    • Deluxe Premier King

Boring ambiance at lobby restaurant/bar, and very dull atmosphere at restaurant on the second floor. With not many restaurants for coffee/breakfast around you are stuck to eat there which is a bit expensive. Slow response when changing TV channels. TVs need upgrading.

Personnel is courteous, helpful. Rooms are nice and very clean. The image of the TV in the rooms are not bright based on 2/3 stays in the hotel.

It was pretty and the location was good.
    • Deluxe Double

There was nothing that I really disliked, except the bed. The bed was NOT comfortable! Everything else was just ok. I guess because it is considered a luxury hotel, I was expecting more.

It was pretty and the location was good.

wonderful hotel

the pool area is nice, but I wonder if the products for pool/jacuzzi are checked regulary as my daughter got very itchy afterwards. The sauna in the ladies could use an update.

Really nice rooms with good beds. The bath tubes are not really made for lying down comfortable (due to their shape) but the bathrooms were very clean. We loved the friendly service at breakfast.

I could not think of any better position for a stay in Boston: Langham is close to everything...

-reception at breakfast on the first day: they tried not to give us one of the best tables next to the windows, although it was free and available.

-Location (central) -atmosphere -beds

The spa, location, complimentary upgrade (not sure if it...
    • Superior Queen

The bathroom could use a refresh. The window in the room was dirty. The hotel café was booked, so we had breakfast at the lobby lounge — it was very average.

The spa, location, complimentary upgrade (not sure if it made a difference).

Loved this hotel- location, employees, and comfort!
    • Superior Queen

King superior room is a bit small. No real room to move around.

Hotel is in heart of city and near so many popular places. Hotel itself is beautifully constructed and absolutely gorgeous inside. Everyone there is so kind and wants to help. The service was impeccable.

Not a good choice for Boston.
    • Superior Queen

Bathrooms were very outdated and a major let down to the hotel. The pool was freezing and jacuzzi was too hot. When we said it to staff, they said they regularly get this complaint. But nothing gets done about it. My card was charged twice for the room I stayed in and the hotel staff were extremely unfriendly and rude when trying to sort this out. I was told “that’s what happens in the US”. I suppose someone from Ireland wouldn’t understand. Overall, I would say this hotel will struggle to keep the 5th star.

The hotel is clean and central. Some staff were friendly. Breakfast was good but expensive.

Quiet, Spacious, Clean, and Comfortable room. Seems to be undergoing renovation.
    • Superior Queen

I arrived after a long day of travel-the restaurant was closed (yes, there was a 'bistro' limited menu option open in the hotel), so i had to walk a few blocks to find someplace for dinner. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, clean, and elegant-but dated.

Quiet room as requested, comfortable bed, spacious room.

Will not be booking again.
    • Superior Queen

My room was opposite the elevators (3rd floor) which were very noisy during the night, one of the curtains was falling off the rail and the water outlet in the bath was loose. Overall, the hotel was ok - very dated but certainly not worth the $445 per night cost! The on-site restaurant was an also far over-priced and the breakfast was dismal. I take offence at having to pay $7 for a small cup of coffee from the pot.

No too much apart from the position as i was attending the seafood expo.

Very good value and will likely stay again
    • Superior Queen

Though the food was good to excellent, the coffee in restaurant was definitely not worth $7

wellness facility and pool inviting and very clean - excellent. Room very well kept and comfortable and HVAC was quiet most all of the staff was very courteous and thoughtful

Great experience, will definitely stay here again!!
    • Superior Queen

Oatmeal at breakfast can be tastier

Great location - it is located right in the middle of the financial district and within walking distance to most office buildings and lots of restaurants. Service is efficient. Room is super clean, spacious with very nice decorations! Facilities are fantastic with spa, a decently sized indoor pool and a super well equipped gym. Wifi is very fast too!

A little disappointed. Expected a bit more for the money spent.
    • Superior Queen

The toilet roll holder was far to low to the floor in room 931. The television was at an awkward angle to view from bed. Decor a bit dated, room doesn't match standard of reception. Staff very friendly.

Centrally located hotel, what you would expect at a langham...
    • Superior Queen

Took a long time for the heater to work and had to call the front desk. There was a bit of miscommunication where they said someone would come up to the room (which no one did), while when I was checking out, they told me it’s controlled centrally.

Centrally located hotel, what you would expect at a langham hotel.

The lobby and restaurants were beautiful!

The rooms were a little out dated. Our view looked nothing like the pictures advertised. Pretty disappointing. There was a stain on the bathroom mirror. For the amount of money you are paying a night, I expected more and better.

The lobby and restaurants were beautiful!

Nice hotel, just wish the jacuzzi was working
    • Superior Queen

I booked this hotel at Xmas time as I knew Boston would be cold and this hotel has a jacuzzi to relax in. Got togged out and went down to the pool, only to be told the jacuzzi is closed for renovation. And the pool was cold.... Hotel could have emailed before to let me know that...

Bedroom was spacious and comfy bed, location is really nice (away from hustle & bustle so it's quiet but it's close to Downtown Crossing - 5 min walk so it's a good area for shopping).. There are some nice restaurants around. Bond restaurant is fab in the hotel for a cocktail or two. Staff in the hotel are really friendly. Turn down service is lovely with free water and chocolates every evening.

It was cold. Staff great especially housekeeping and room service. Disappointment with pool jacuzzi
    • Deluxe Premier King

The reason we selected this hotel was the pool and the jacuzzi. Pool was on the colder side because it was freezing outside. The jacuzzi was under construction. That was the biggest disappointment. We had to make the most of it. Tbat put a wrench into our stay. ☹

Housekeeping was wonderful. All staff was helpful. The room was comfortable. Tv +++. Room service ++. Pizza ☹. All the little goodies in the room were fun. Bathrobe 😁.

Everything was great, from stuff friendliness to bed comfort.
    • Superior Queen

Nothing really. Decrease the prices during high season, but that's a dream...

Everything was great, from stuff friendliness to bed comfort. One minus is that you won't find a good view from the room - but that's a feature of old building in the middle of the newly built high-floored ones.

British refinement & elegance.
    • Superior Queen

There was nothing that I didn't like.

I liked the history of The Langham. The property was once a Federal Reserve. It has it's pedigree from mid 19th century London, England. The rooms are well appointed with marble, elegant wallpaper and excellent beds. The staff are fabulous.

A treat to stay here!

Not easy to get to the South End due to traffic issues but convenient to Fanuel Hall, government center and Children's Museum.

Beautiful updated historic building

You must visit the spa!!
    • Deluxe Double

The only thing we didn't like was the dining options. Fleuri was only open for the chocolate bar so we had lunch at the Reserve. We were sat at a low table which didn't work very well for my 80 year old mother and the service was atrocious. Your hotel is lovely but being in the Financial District where so much is closed on the weekend it was a disappointment not to have better dining options

I spent an enjoyable night with three generations of family. The room was lovely as were the lobby and spa.

Beautiful luxury property with big rooms, great beds and lovely staff.
    • Executive Room

The room felt a little dated, like it could have been updated with slightly more modern touches. The house cleaning staff also come by repeatedly throughout the day if you don't put up the Do Not Disturb. This might not be a problem on the whole but I found getting a knock on the door a lot a bit annoying.

The hotel is beautiful, the staff lovely, and the location was spot on. It felt very luxury and I felt extremely well taken care of. The room was large and spacious and the bed was possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in!

The lobby was pretty.

The room and windows were small. The feel of the hallways and room was old and rusty.

The lobby was pretty. The pens are great. They had umbrellas at the door for us to use on rainy days.

Great weekend in a great city.very easy to walk around
    • Superior Queen

Swimming pool was closed although they did offer facilities at another property that we could have used. Air conditioning was noisy!!

Location was excellent

Good apart from no swimming pool.
    • Superior Queen

We were disappointed that the swimming pool was out of action and although there was use of a pool a good 10 minutes walk,it was way way too cold to use it. G

I woul Definitely stay here again without hesitation or even better another of their locations.
    • Executive Room

A little pricey especially for breakfast

Extremely friendly and professional staff. The hotel was also very quiet allowing for a restful night sleep. Everything was done as promised when promised

We really enjoyed out stay at the Langham in Boston.
    • Superior Queen

We really enjoyed out stay at the Langham in Boston. The accommodations were impeccable! It was very Clean, and had a friendly staff. You have to valet park which is another $50 a night, but it was the best choice. Everything we needed to see was in walking distance, so we never needed the car. We enjoyed the comfort of our room . It was really cute. They even supplied real comfy robes and slippers. We didn't eat in their restaurants though, a little to expensive. We weren't looking for that , so we ate ate various places in town. All in all our stay was great.

The Langham Boston has always been an outstanding experience.

Only comment is that the bathroom didn't have a shelf or horizontal surface for shaving or toiletry kit.

The Langham Boston has always been an outstanding experience. This was our 5th stay in the last few years. The staff is uniformly excellent.

Very friendly and comfortable in a great location.
    • Deluxe Double

At check in I wasn’t told about the 200$ deposit for the minibar And was a bit shocked when I saw it on my bank account.

Very nice touch to have the card with the weather for the next day. Very comfortable room and in a great location.

Excellent hotel.
    • Superior Queen

Excellent hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great food. Well located with excellent facilities. Will definitely book again when next in Boston.

Timeless luxury!
    • Superior Queen

The Langham Boston is a beautiful hotel. The front desk staff made us feel important and took very good care of us while the room was being prepped. The lobby and the restaurant were very elegant. The room was on the top floor, as pictured. Overall great experience! Would stay here again.

The rooms were comfy, staff was friendly.

Would have been nice to get more water at night but not a big deal. Nothing to complain about!

The rooms were comfy, staff was friendly. Cafe downstairs was good for breakfast, and the hotel would lend out umbrellas for rainy days. Location was perfect, and all cab drivers know where it is so no issues with transportation. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool and spa but looked really nice. They provided two water bottles a day for free.

Great location, friendly staff!

Room was very nice but could also use a little attention (small stuff like tear in curtains).

Location is perfect! Close to everything. We walked everywhere.

Loved our room with the huge, slanted windows and the little extras meant to spoil guests.
    • Superior Queen

The electrical outlet in the bathroom did not work. I mentioned it during checkout and the repair order was filled out right then and there. I do believe that The Langham does make an effort to have a flawless hotel.

It was a laid back, very elegant hotel. We very much enjoyed the concierge service. The location was outstanding. There was a neighborhood pub nearby where we had a fun dinner. You can walk to all the important places from the hotel. The concierge helped us find the best tours for our group. We enjoyed our stay there very much. Since the hotel is located in the financial district, it was very quiet at night.

Excellent stay, would recommend it.
    • Superior Queen

Loved the location, very central. Easy to get to. Excellent rooms, very clean. Consierge was very helpful in finding locations we wanted to go to.

Comfortable hotel well placed to see everything in Boston
    • Superior Queen

Pool was cold, sauna lukewarm and jacuzzi broken Restaurant facilities were poor Valet parking was very expensive

Brilliant situation. Very helpful staff

Excellent, friendly and good value
    • Superior Queen

Room decor a little dated. We were positioned opposite the lifts which was noisy - request a room away from lift when you book.

Beds comfortable, excellent pillows I want some!! Breakfasts perfect and staff extremely friendly. Definately good value for money.

Disappointing, the rooms were not of a 5 star hotel. Very bad value for money.
    • Superior Queen

The room was "tired"and in need for renovation. There was low natural light. The windows were sealed and could not be opened.

The location was convenient. The gym was excellent.

The hotel is amazing.
    • Superior Queen

The hotel is amazing. It’s in downtown Boston and the staff is amazing. Salim (or Samir, sorry!) was great! The “Private Kitchen” is also great. I had the duplex suite and I loved it.

A great hotel in an excellent location

On the Sunday evening all of the hotel's restaurants were shut, so we had nowhere to eat. We expected for a hotel of this standard that something would have been open.

The hotel is great, the room felt classy and the communal areas are really high quality. I was worried about staying here after reading the other reviews saying that the rooms are old fashioned, but ours was really nice. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff were really helpful.

not far walk to historical sights. Facing nice park.
    • Superior Queen

Tub had straight back, not very good for soaking/lounging.

Room service & spa. Nice pool and spa year round use. Also loved afternoon high tea in lobby.

When we first checked in they offered us an upgrade to a...

That we couldn't stay longer.

When we first checked in they offered us an upgrade to a loft room. The room was amazing with a nice living room and half bath on the first floor and a large full bathroom and bedroom on the second. Both looked out a two-story tall window into the streets of Boston. Our stay came with a breakfast the next day. Of course, we stayed out in the city way too late and slept in. We called to the front desk and asked if we could use our credit for lunch since we had missed the normal breakfast hours. Instead, they said they would bring breakfast to us no extra charge. My wife and I stay in Boston all the time. This by far has been the best most relaxing stay we have had.

The ambiance in the hotel as well as the room itself is...

Matress is quite hard, pillows were not my favorite but i'm sure they have more. i didn't bother to ask. Becaus in financial district all restaurants within 2/3 blocks were closed for breakfast on Sunday, but we found a place near Quincy market that was open.

The ambiance in the hotel as well as the room itself is great. Love their shampoo& bodywash. Brunc in Cafe Fleuri was great. We had our 2,5 year old with us, brunch was chique, lots of choices and not too stiff. It was oke for her to run around and dance near the musicians. Staff very friendly. Love to come back. It is very beautifull and room looked great, really liked that.