Reviews of La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach-Port Canaveral 3 stars

1275 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931, USA

#12 of 26 hotels in Cocoa Beach

With doors that open directly to outside, this hotel attracts many cigarette smokers. The smokers were plentiful and the outdoor ashtrays (or other smoking spots) were too few. I had to walk through smoking clusters way too often, even a guest sitting right on the stairs when we were trying to get by to check out. Dogs allowed on first floor, so not a good property for non smokers or non pet lovers. Breakfast good, but uses styrofoam plates/bowls, and plastic forks. Could use some sustainable material upgrades.

Location. Price. Coffee.

• Standard King Room

unfortunately, we had a roach in our room and we killed it, but I had multiple bites all over my body from it. I do understand that roaches in Florida are hard to manage. The room was very clean and we would stay at this location again.

the convenience of the location was great. the upstairs bar was good. the pool was very clean and not too busy for time to relax. all the staff were very nice and so friendly - very accommodating!

For a long term stay I’m not sure this would be for me. I didn’t find there was enough to do in the area, nor was there enough choices of restaurants.

The facility was very clean, convenient location to cruise ship the next morning and the Asian restaurant on the premises was very good. I would stay again before a cruise.

Free breakfast was quiet crowded. Difficult to find a place to sit or get food.

Very pleasant staff, booked online and check-in was fast, places to eat on-site, clean and comfy room with plenty of amenities.

Only one washing machine, breakfast was good but the place was overcrowded ,not enough seating

Clean, room was a good size, close to the beach and great pool

They left towels for only one, and made us come get towels. The TV worked maybe half the time because they have a dish... By the ocean. The internet went out, and they told me it was due to the power outage. Funny how everything else in the room was on, lights and such. I was having problems with my knee. We were there right at check in time. I asked if we could have a room in the first floor since there was no elevator. They wouldn't accommodate me because the first floor are their "pet friendly" rooms.

Ummmmm, the lady that checked us in was nice and recommended a good restaurant. The free breakfast was ok.

breakfast was good room and property were excellant i thought when booking it was closer to the beach but it is a little far if you are wanting a close property to the beach

• Standard King Room

The only thing I saw was the tub was peeling in the bottom and I have diabetes and I was afraid of it so I wore my flip flops in the shower.

The breakfast was good. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The pool area is great. We would stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

Walls were so thin that we heard every noise from the next room. Rooms had an option to connect from one room to another and at night kids from the second room tried to open this doors and woke us up.

Pool area, really close to the beach, great breakfast.

The wifi connection struggled a bit in my poolside room at times. Had to move around a lot to stop connection drop out. Wasn't keen on the polystyrene plates, cups & cutlery for breskfast. My hot drinks & food tasted of the polystyrene : /

Great basic but wholesome breakfast & great Thai restaurant next door.

Hotel was dumpy, bar was open late 2am and noisy drunk people everywhere roaming the hallways. Closet smelled of piss and room not cleaned professionally. I'm going on Yelp to write a review so travelers will know the truth.

Nothing except location

• Standard King Room

Noisy Bar open until 2am & Drunk people talking loud outside, walking halls till 2-4am in morning. Closet in room smelled of piss,overall dirty room. Paid $170 for 1 night stay in a dumpy hotel, will never return. Going on Yelp to write a bad review to let travelers from out of town know the real truth about this place.

The bathroom is a bit small, but is okay for the price.

Great value of money. The room is relatively bigger as compare to the other place about the similar price.

Our room had a moldy smell to it but our friend's room did not. We called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance to spray something but he never showed up. We asked for a different room but they were fully booked. We were only staying one night but I felt that they could have done something for us.

The location was very nice and the hotel itself was very nice for the price we paid.

It more than met our expectations for an older hotel, was close enough to the port and offered shuttle service.

Pool was awesome, and Thai restaurant was great.

• King Room - Disability Access

There is no sink in the bathroom, the sink for washing oneself is in the room, on the same counter as the one to prepare food !!!

Location and value for the money, breakfast included in the price of the room.

No complaints

Very nice resort hotel. Good breakfast. Very appreciative receptionist found us room free of pet history. I am allergic to dogs and cats. Have suffered in room that had been pet friendly. Hotel was full but manager searched and searched for manager saved rooms. Beautiful pool. Updates good. Toilets could be replaced with taller ones

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

#1- The breakfast was terrible- the fruit was rotten and old(oranges). The waffles stuck to the iron. Staff were present but standing around at the kitchen entrance. The seating was limited due to the crowd. The eggs were hard boiled. This is a reason I choose this hotel for a free breakfast- never again #2- The pool was BEAUTIFUL & heated, I did swim daily early after it opened at 8 am. The afternoon I wanted to swim the pool was closed due to a fecal contamination of a child. Per the Management it happened twice by the same individual. Please post a notice that refusal by Management to swim if not properly toilet trained. This ruined the pool for 6 hours, and was not opened til 9:30 that nite- it closed at 10 pm. Being in Florida having a pool to swim is a nice touch.

The staff and rooms were good. Parking was adequate and location was good. Enjoyed the coffee maker and nice towels. Beds were just ok. The shaded area by the pool and elevated deck was nice to sit at and play a game of cards.

No complaints.

Loved the location. Free parking. Close to the beach and the car rental company. We loved that Denny's restaurant and also a huge gift shop was just next door of this property.

Breakfast is disorganized.

Used to be owned by astronauts so there are displays with space memorabilia. Good free breakfast with eggs and waffles. Walking distance to beach. Less than 30 minutes to Kennedy Space Center.

Continental breakfast Could have been better .. I was not crazy about it ..

Every thing was great .. room was clean ..I was very surprised the room we had was next to the ice and vending machines and it was very quite ...I would get room again .. also I got candy at night when I wanted it ... great experience

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Lukewarm breakfast scrambled eggs & sausage on 2nd day. Booking.com had a more pricey rate than a direct call to LaQuinta.

Quiet, except for AC in room unit. Free breakfast included. No resort fee. Free parking. Location was a short walk across street to beach. Close proximity to downtown & 4-1/2 star restaurants. Room price was within our budget.

I thought by the posting on booking.com that it was on the ocean side. It was not. I had sorted properties by oceanfront and it came up so I was disappointed not to get what I thought I was getting. However that’s not the fault of the property.

We only stayed one night and the weather was cloudy and cool. The pool looked nice but it was too cool to swim. We used the shuffleboard which was nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I wish it was a little bit cheaper and it was kind of expensive for me but I still was very pleased

The staff they were wonderful the girls at the desk where helpful the maintenance guys helped me load and unload I'm handicapped

I love the feel of the hotel and the community.

We walked to the beach across the street(Lori WILSON Park). We had a great day at the beach. Great eateries. Close to Patrick AFB. The hotel was once owned by 7 astronauts and “I dream of Genentech” was filmed at Cocoa Beach.

The free Breakfast could have been a little better.

The rooms were clean, the location of the laundry room next to the pool was great so the kids could swim while laundry was going. The pool was very nice. Staff was very friendly. Good location (close to stores and restaurants). Very dog friendly. Great place to stay!

It is very far from restaurants. A lot of times when you are in such nice weather you like to walk. Not too many walking options available.

I like that it was very quiet

This location is an older facility that is kept clean and the staff do try to keep it clean. Our room entrance opens directly to the inner pool area but the threshold was missing the gasket to keep the bottom of the door sealed; thus leaving a open gap to the outdoor elements. This would be acceptable if the rooms opened into a hall entrance but to me not to natural elements. During our stay in late March the weather was not hot and humid so the room AC was able to keep the room cool.

Although the location in not beachfront property it is only a short five minute walk to get to the beach. The breakfast area was clean and the staff works hard to keep it replenished.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

I had mistaken it for a La Quinta Inn further up the coast ... my mistake but it affected my expectation and how I felt.

compact and friendly nice pool area breakfast onsite

The facility more than exceeded my expectations. The room was very clean and spacious. The pool area was large and the grounds were very well maintained. The location was great and just a short walk to the beach. We also enjoyed some wonderful sushi at the sushi bar that is attached to the hotel.

• King Room - Disability Access

The room we originally had reserved King N/S Dissability was not provided to us. We were given a 2 double bed room. I questioned the front desk, I was told that there was overbooking and guests were shuffelled around. I questioned how much of a difference in rate it was a $1.00 difference. That is unacceptable. The bathroom was very small, the door kept hitting the toilet seat. The shower was spray shower, the tub was very low. Even thought it was for 1 nit. stay, the front desk should have informed us when checking in.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The hotel was not ocean front as advertised which was very disappointing! Ending up wasting money because we only stayed one night! Moved to ocean front hotel a few blocks away!

Liked the room and the service

The pillows are too hard not at all comfortable and gave me a neck ache. When I asked if I could exchange for softer pillows they said the pillows were all the same. While the hotel is generous with the number of pillows (5 pillows on a king sized bed), at least 2 of the 5 should be softer. The bathtub in 204 drained extremely slowly; to the point where I was standing in 4 inches of water after a 5 minute shower. My husband then had to wait 10 minutes before he could take his shower.

The hotel was nice, clean, and has a pleasant staff. The breakfasts were meatless, though they did have hard boiled eggs. The pool area is great and I like the design. The hotel is only about 3 miles to downtown Coco Beach.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

The room was musty and beds were not that comfortable. One of the beds squeaked every time you moved.

Loved the pool. Nice to have a breakfast. Great to have a really good restaurant attached too.

• Standard King Room

beautiful beach just across the street, very close to Kennedy Space Center, spacious rooms and a typical amreican breakfast. plenty of parking around the hotel. pool was very crowded, but you didn´t hear/ notice anything in the room

Some of the website photos depicted a very different breakfast than was actually available. Waffles could be made fresh, and bagels could be toasted, but the hard-boiled eggs were cold and there were no meats available any day. The "juice" machine was perhaps not well calibrated as the taste, while not bad, seemed a little watery. The food was fine; it just wasn't the picture that appears at the top of the Booking.com page.

The location was convenient to the beach (just a walk or very short drive to Lori Wilson Park with free beach access pre-sunrise through dusk. The pool area was very well done. Ice machines were a nice perk and the dorm-sized fridge worked well.

Air-conditioner terribly noisy. Breakfast, typically for any US hotel of that class, was terrible. To summarize the breakfast: hard boiled eggs, toast, waffles, cookies, chemical yogurt, California spread, butter, jam/syrup. That pretty much wraps it up. It was served in plastic plates with plastic utensils and plastic cups; it's an all-plastic hotel of the lowest degree of environmental friendliness. Again, this is typical for every hotel of that class in the US. The price: ultra overrated. I often seem to end up in La Quintas here or there, and this was one of the better ones. The reason for staying at La Quintas is that the next lower level American hotels is quite a bit worse and the better hotels are quite a bit more expensive.

The location was excellent, 300 m from the beach and only 30 min drive from Kennedy Space Center. There is a decent pool, but hey, didn't I mention there was a great beach 300 m away? One doesn't need to go by the reception on the way to the room. The access to each room is from outside. I don't know if this is good or bad, but they didn't bother to even ask about cleaning my room while I was in it, meaning they skipped cleaning 2-3 times during my 1-week stay. I kinda like it when the staff don't bother me.

Everyone at the property was excellent to deal with. They went above and beyond. Will definitely go back with the beach so close and location. Public bus is also right outside the door of the hotel.

The first night we were there my husband caught a giant roach while a second got away. He took it to the office in a coffee cup the desk clerk said they were totally booked and didn’t have another room but would take 50% off our bill. We had a 4 night stay. The next morning the manager said she’d have maintenance check out our room and she’d take 20% off our bill. When we checked out I didn’t see even the 20% so I questioned the manager and she said oh yes here it is $28.00 for the first day. I said first you night clerk said 50% an then you changed it to 20% of our bill now it’s just for the first night. NEVER STAYING THERE AGAIN. I worried that bugs were going to be in our luggage and crawling on us when we slept! Everywhere else was booked.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

two miles from downtown/ the pier but still worth it

close to the beach, the pool was nice and warm, the breakfast, and loved that the fitness center next to it was available for us

See above.

Very clean, a lot of kids on pool, nice sized room, nice pool, good Thai/Asian restaurant attached. Only problem was free breakfast was very crowded and chaotic.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The breakfast could have had more selection.

The location and price were very reasonable given the price of everything else in the area. It was nice to have a pool in the centre of the property

Unsafe, unclean, no staff anywhere. Breakfast was a joke very expensive for a run down motel!

Nothing! Run down with doors that open to outside. Felt unsafe. Breakfast was a joke! 4 tables for 50 people. No staff anywhere.

The crowd during breakfast

I enjoyed the pool being heated , the bathrooms by the pool were very convient , also the convince of the surf shop and sushi restaurant being connected to the hotel. I enjoyed the wall right across the street to the beach. The housekeepers were phenomenal ! It was a quiet family oriented environment

Tv was hard to operate, even with specific directions. Disappointed that the only eggs were hardboiled. Had expected scrambled, with sausage or bacon. Also, no orange juice,in FLORIDA! Glad for fresh fruit and yogurt.

Our request for first floor quiet room was granted. Very nice room: spacious, well lit ( very important for us), with plenty of electrical outlets. Impressively clean, well taken care of. Shower was hot enough, with good water pressure.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

I booked a room there because of my previous experiences with La Quinta. Breakfast was a huge let down. I won’t stay there again for that single reason. The bathrooms in the rooms are so tiny you can barely turn around.

The room was very clean. Bed was good. Tv was nice and the AC/heat worked well. Bonus that it was first owned by the original 7 astronauts. There was a bar upstairs that served food, but I felt they switched to the late night menu to early. There was also a sushi restaurant on site but I don’t eat that so can’t speak of it. There’s also a Denny’s next door.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

We booked thru booking.com for 149.00 per night plus 11.00 resort fees. Well, turn out that the last night was NOT 149.00 I was charged 245.00 instead. This is NOT what I though I agreed to pay. The office manage Ashley Beard was lacking of basic costumer services and needed assistance from a female "bodygard" (which by the way was very rude the day before to guests during breakfast.) WE WOULD NEVER AGAIN USE BOOKING.COM OR STAYING IN LA QUINTA IN COCOA BEACH. This is NOT by any stretch of imaguination a 245.00 per night hotel!!!!

Clean room

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

The internet was not dependable. The first day I was there and into the night, I could not get online often, and when I did I could not stay on line. This is important to me when I travel due to my work, so I was very disappointed. Also, the desk person was very casual when I called to ask about it.

Good bed and clean room. Very well appointed.

Dirty room, especially the comforter. There was blood on it. I called them several times. Even when they came they have fiven half of the new sheets and they did not even make the bed. Also, they have not told us that our room is pet friendly. And my son is allergic. I asked them if they can change our room, they said they cannot and can refund my money back in the middle of the night ! Terrible breakfast, narrow spacw and not enoguh seats for guests

The breakfast was minimal- yogurt hard boiled egged waffles and bagels and juice were as much as you really got. We expected a little more for the price. Also it was kind of weird that we had to walk through a whole different resort just to get to the beach and it was a little bit of a walk. Around la Quinta, across the street, through international palms, and past mambos and then there was the beach.

We liked the pool, and the free parking. The room was clean and we always got clean towels everyday.

Breakfast wasn't great. Only cereal, bagels, toast and waffles. Would have been nice to have a tray of scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage and some fresh fruit.

Hotel was very convenient right across the street from the beach and short drive to restaurants and to the bridge back to the mainland. Also very convenient to have a full health club next door that was free to hotel guests!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

Breakfast was minimal and not enough space to accommodate guests. We ended up leaving and eating at a restaurant. Basically, a clean but LOW BUDGET MOTEL. Bathrooms were ridiculously tiny. Smokers everywhere. Pets everywhere.

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Pool was heated and clean.

More hot entrees at breakfast and fruits.

The room was ready on time, very clean , comfortable bed. Housekeeping was attentive and thorough. Breakfast bar primarily had coffees and baked goods. No hot eggs or meats. But it was a great motel for the price.

We reserved two non smoking rooms. One room had someone smoking in it for days or more. When we arrived the hotel staff had two ozone generators running in the room to try and kill the odor. It didn't work. I chose to not bring it up at checkout but was very disappointed and had no options for another room. The other room was fine. Breakfast did not offer a lot of variety but it was acceptable. Again, the room I had to share with my wife and youngest was just terrible to be blunt and I honestly don't complain about much, but I was just too tired to get involved with the hotel staff to work on a solution. A rebate would have been ideal since apparently guests can be charged $250 for smoking in a room, but I was just not up for it and settled for what we got. Thanks-

Convenience having a great restaurant (Siam) on premises.

The beds are the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. I paid a lot of money to be in pain on my vacation because the beds were so uncomfortable. Very disappointed. We won't be back to any of your facilities

Room was clean

Old property. Bed too soft, window treatments let in too much light at night, bathroom teeny. Way overpriced.

Excellent staff, heated pool, plenty of parking. Located across the street from beach access and close to stores and restaurants.

In order to keep the room cool overnight we had the air on. The very thin sheet and the heavy thick comforter was uncomfortable. The sheet wasn’t enough but the comforter was too much, we both found ourselves sweated with the comforter but the thin sheet was not enough. Thinner layers would have worked better for us.

The facility outside and in was very well kept. I was very pleased with the pool and facilities. The desk assistants and breakfast girl were so friendly and helpful. This facility had nothing over another hotel. Room was very clean and maintained.

Bathroom VERY small. But not a deal breaker. If you had a disability it may be an issue.

The staff if very good. Breakfast was nice to have right on site. Excellent parking. Rooms are very nice and clean. Has everything you need. The pool was very nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The rate was astronomical. They were taking advantage of the cruise terminals leaving town on Saturdays and were gouging their patrons. We paid $200 for a night here and had we not just driven 600 miles to get there, I would have packed up and gone ANYWHERE else. There was rust on the shower and the neck of the shower head. It was disgusting.

I didn't like much. $200 a night for this rust ridden room was EXTREMELY high.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The humidity in the room made the floors seem wet. On the last day, the toilet was gurgling like it was going to overflow or something was coming into the pipes. Woke us up.

The size of the room was excellent. I enjoyed the pool area. Ease of entry into the property.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

No towel racks. Weird location of soap dishes attached to shower. Hit elbows while u shower. Would recommend a simple chair to hang stuff. Simple breakfast. Did not like donuts but coffee was good. Pillows bit lumpy but lots of choices good.

Great tv. Location perfect. Close to stores. Beach. Clean.

• Standard King Room

For the size of room, the bathrooms are very small which reflects the design of this 40 year old hotel. The wifi was a bit unreliable giving problems with our in room TV.

Lovely big room and bed. Swimming pool was a good size and very clean. Maintenance of the hotel was also good.

Walked into our room to an awful smell, a combination of disinfectant and smelly dog. And I love dogs. They were nice about changing us to a new room which was better but not great, smell-wise. I wouldn't stay there again.

The beds were comfortable, the pool area nice. Staff very friendly. The breakfast was fine and plentiful with cold foods plus they had waffles and you could toast breads but it did not include eggs or breakfast meats. Fine for me but my husband likes a hotter breakfast.

Check in was awesome, girls behind counter were super helpful! Rooms were nice and updated, price was great! We had stayed at a hotel just across the street a week before and it was nowhere near as nice or as clean.

Pricier than my expectations. Front desk not tremendously helpful, almost like we were bothering her. Computer/printer need work.

Pool/deck area were great. Good location.

Shower curtain rod bracket was loose so curtain tended to slide to the center and allow water out of the tub.

It was well located for our trip. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There were a few instances when the need for minor maintenance was needed. We expected a comfortable bed for one night and it met our needs.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Painted bathtub with poor drywall and painting that looked pretty rough. It was clean and so that made up for it.

Hotel staff were pleasant and I appreciated being on the ground level. The room was clean but for the price it seemed like it was a little rough and had some repairs done that were not of the highest caliber. Kind of like an amateur had come in and tried to put some paint and caulking in that didn't have a good outcome.

Rooms were damp and carpets left bare feet quite dirty.

Cost was reasonable and convenient to port. Staff was friendly and helpful. Adjacent Thai restaurant and local BBQ fare were exceptional.

La Quinta Port Canaveral is a very well-maintained 1960's motel! It is charming, updated and clean :). The rooms are big and comfortable with smart, modern decor. It is so nice to have the generous continental breakfast ready every morning! There is a lovely, large pool in the courtyard. There is a yummy Thai restaurant on site. My husband and I stayed for four days...and we were sad to leave! Thanks, La Qiunta!

Skimpy with toiletries only replacing soap and shampoo every other day. No hot-tub, only pool.

Breakfast was adequate. Lounge was comfy and inexpensive.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

Maybe it's just Florida but my wife said the floor seemed a little sticky.

Nice looking pool. Daughter loved the fact that it was owned by the Original 7 astronauts at one time.

• Standard King Room

Didn’t like that I could see light from the door when it was closed. It just needed more trim or something.

Loved the restaurant onsite. The bar upstairs was amazing and food was delicious. The staff at the bar was so much fun!

There is no lift in this property, so travellers with disabilities should assure they have a ground floor room. The rooms have old style, through the wall air conditioners, and of course the rooms are accessed from the outside corridor.

It has been a long time since we stayed in a La Quinta. We generally prefer the more modern hotels to those with outside room entrances. But we were pleasantly surprised by the La Quinta. Obviously it is an old property, but this one has been well updated with a smart TV and comfortable beds. You can't do much with this layout, but within the limitations of the form factor, we felt the owners had made the best of things to create a pleasant and convenient experience for their guests.

A/C unit very noisy, rooms dated, continental breakfast limited.

Convenience of parking, access to gym, pool, restaurant on-site, friendliness of staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

The front desk workers were not too friendly or helpful

The beds were comfortable. The pool was awesome The maids were courteous and did a great job

Browse La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach-Port Canaveral traveller photo gallery