Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport 3 stars

833 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110, USA

#9 of 13 hotels in Latham

Impressive facility
    • Executive King Room

Facility was undergoing renovations and it was inconvenient at times. Also the layout of the corridors were not conducive to me being physically challenged due to an injury. Long walk from parking to elevator then back to our room which was the farthest from the elevator.

Front desk staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. There were flight changes that caused our original arrival time of 5:00 PM to be delayed until 2:30 AM the following.morning yet the front desk was ready for us and extremely considerate of our already long day spent in airports. Room very clean, plenty of room and comfortable. Location was perfect.

Enjoyed my stay. Really had no complaints.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

From early in the morning heard doors slamming. Better sound proofing perhaps,

Everyone was very friendly, helpful. Very accommodating. Room had lots of lights. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was nice. Nice selection. Near highways. Near shopping.

The entrance is too far from the parking lot.
    • Executive King Room

The entrance is too far from the parking lot. The main road also makes it difficult to drive out, unless you know how to take the back entrance to the roundabout

Great stay-- if my son goes to RPI I will definitely stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasn't super exciting.

Nicely refurbished. Cool and quiet. Woman who checked me in helped me by printing out a parking pass I needed to visit RPI the next day. She was nice and pleasant as could be, as was the woman who checked me out the next morning. Loved the Hershey kisses at registration!

I shall return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They was under renovation that's one thing and the 2nd thing my key wouldn't work in the door so I had a go back downstairs with all these packages in my arm to get them to print me out new cards

It was nice and Quiet

A comfortable stay at a clean Inn
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

While it was understood that they were in the midst of remodeling and that explained the unfinished furniture and taped up walls, it still looked messy. For example, construction debri/garbage was piled in a room on the way to elevator but the curtain remained partially exposing the mess to every passerby. I would have made sure any mess was hidden by walls, curtains or if necessary blanket or paper. Staff may not be detail oriented. Another example, room was clearly updated and beautifully appointed but when we walked in, it looked like the bed was made hastily and maybe the Housekeeper had not given it a second glance as the bedskirt had been tucked into the mattress in several places. It seems like a small detail but It ruined the potentially good first impression. Also my husband wondered outloud if someone had used the bed and ran out quickly.

The rooms were updated and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast was exceptional.

My stay was better than I expected
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Well the hotel is currently under construction. Once it's completed I'm sure it will be very nice. The location is great and the amenities are wonderful. I'm sure I would stay there again.

Would not stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff were NEVER there. I hardly saw any employees at this hotel. A construction worker that was working in the lobby had to go to the back office to get someone to help with check-in.

The room looked to be recently updated. Nice decor and furnishing. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

It was an ok stay hotel was clean was just being renovated. Will be nicer in future
    • Executive King Room

Hotel was being renovated were not aware of this when we booked the reservations, also requested a crib during booking and hotel said they don’t even offer cribs.

Would not stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place was under renovation. Scared when I walked in. Would not have stayed there if I had known. Also, advertised as being the airport hotel. A little too far than I expected from airport

Bed was comfortable

I travel for business, so I go all over, I was very impressed with the team I will stay there again.
    • Executive King Room

There were no eggs. They were undergoing restoration to the business center, exercise facility and dining area.

The bed WAS like a cloud. The internet was blazing fast. The staff was very friendly. Kevin, the manager there, was very accommodating and professional. The area surrounding the hotel had a plethora of food and shopping options.

It is a nice stop over on our way to Cape Cod this trip.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The break fast food could have been a bit better with more choices. Egg sandwiches too salty. They should serve scrambled eggs and pancakes with sausage instead.

Beds are very comfortable and hot tub and pool were very nice and hot and everything was clean.

Ok for one night, but there are many other options in the area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is in need of a renovation, which apparently is in the works according to the signs. While our room was clean, the hotel itself looked dirty. Our room had to be changed upon arrival because TV didn't work even after I obtained new batteries for the remote. That happily put us also into a much quieter room.

Mattress was firm and comfy, but too bad the pillows were not.

Great room comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hallway carpets were worn.

Hotel Still under renovations but clean and my room was recently renovated and was excellent. Great bed, friendly staff, good breakfast and I was on my way with a smile.

La Quinta is very consistent with their amenities, food, service, and cleanliness.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

I could have used a lamp on my night stand on my side of the bed. I told the desk clerk and they said they are renovating so need to add more lights, etc. to the rooms. She appreciated my feedback, and very pleasant about it.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, and the hot tub was nice.

I arrived at 11.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I arrived at 11.30 pm, and they sent a taxi for me. I have tried other hotels at the Albany airport, and the shuttle ends before the planes arrive at that time. For me it's a safety issue. The hotel was very quiet.

Although room needed some cosmetic work it was comfortable...
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

No regular coffee, only decaf, in the room.

Although room needed some cosmetic work it was comfortable and clean. There is a sign in the lobby that shows renovations will be started soon.

It's a clean, spacious, comfortable room at a very reasonable price and I would stay again.
    • Executive King Room

No point in calling what was offered "breakfast" - what you get at a gas station store - prepackaged and tasteless. I would rather have a 20% off coupon for the restaurant next door, as done at our hotel the night before.

The room was clean, well appointed, and spacious. Very comfortable. The coffee was good.

Would stay again with my family
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was standard.

Very comfortable and clean accommodations! They have recently remodeled and the beds were excellent. There was a pool and hot tub for the kids to play in. Would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Failure to inform guest of airconditioning control caused sleepless night
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The failure to inform guests up front that the air was controlled via the thermostat and how to turn off the noisy air conditioning caused me to not sleep between 2:30 am and 6 am. I thought of way to outsmart the thermostat at 6:00 am. I needed to turn it up to over 75 and then it wouldn't keep turning on the air conditioning which awoke me and kept me awake all night. I called front desk person at 3:30 am and she was unable to correct when she came to room.

Facilities were fine.

The staff was very professional and friendly.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The airport shuttle is contracted by a private van. After landing at almost midnight,I waited 40 minutes looking for a green LaQuinta shuttle. Finally, a couple called and was told we had to go to the taxi lane and look for a van that said Medicaid Transport. We should have been told that by the front desk when we first called to request the shuttle.

The staff was very professional and friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Needed pleasant welcome.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff at check in were indifferent and lacking knowledge of local restaurants. The morning staff - cleaners esp. were friendly. Not nice to be greeted with lack of interest or information.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

All was just fine. I recommend.
    • King Room with Sofa

Bizarre mishmash of decorating taste in the room colors and textures. I supposed that someone had a scheme then half the room was redone with a completely different set of colors and textures. But I notice things like this because my family is in the interior decoration business. I assume other people might not?

All very clean and comfortable. Everything smelled clean. That's very important.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nice comfortable hotel for the money
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Room smelled like someone got sick maybe on the rug and didn't get all the smell out. The Staff was sometime very slow to respond to needs. The hot tub chemicals were never in balance resulting in a lot of foam.

I like that they have an indoor pool and hot tub. The room was very large and comfortable. Plenty of restaurant near by and the Price Chopper Market 32 has an amazing amount of food options

A great stay at La Quinta Inn, Latham Albany
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a strong oder in the stairs and hall.

Staff friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle service very much appreciated and drivers also friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Not recommended. Low value for the price
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The room was not what we have reserved. We asked for a room for 3 adults. We got a room with only one bed and one of us has to sleep in a very uncomfortable foldable bed !

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Disappointed that I was not warned about hotel being under renovations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction was going on at all hours of the day- too noisy due to construction- sawdust and gybroc pieces left by our door- smelled like fried food and curry at all hours of the day- not sure who was cooking(maybe the contractors who I believe were staying at the hotel as well)- Upon entering our room, a machine that sucks out all odors from a room was found in our bathroom- when I questioned if that machine needed to be there, we were told to immediately leave the room as that machine could suck out our oxygen very quickly- not impressed:(

Welcoming staff, decent breakfast, good location

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Be afraid....be very afraid!!!
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

They were working on remodeling the floor I was staying on (2nd) and the workers kept propping the back entrance door from parking lot open with rocks (which made me feel very unsafe). While the room appeared to be recently painted, the furniture was old- holes, cabinets wouldn't close all the way. There was mold on the tiles in one corner of the shower, one of the bathroom outlet were filled with something (perhaps paint or Spackle) and I was unable to use that one. When I opened the the closet door, a small piece of metal flew out and hit me in the head. When I checked out, the woman behind the desk asked how my stay was, I replied, "Not very good", her only response was, "Oh well, maybe it will be better if you come back in the fall when its new." I was shocked that she did not asked me why I felt it was not a good stay. Overall, this was a very disappointing stay, especially finding the door propped over and over.

Seemed like new mattress. Location was near my training destination.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Not my best stay.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

They were doing construction on my floor until late at night. Hallway smelled like paint. Most of my cable channels didn't work and they never fixed it.

The room was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Booked through travel advisor.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Booked through travel advisor. Assumed, because I HAD entered 3 adults, that the room that I was getting WAS FOR THREE ADULTS! Also, talked to a LaQuinta rep confirm, told her it was for three. She confirmed reservation. Got there, and was given a key for a room that had ONE King bed. Husband went down to desk, he was told there were no rooms left that would accommodate 3 adult seniors (ideally two doubles-or two queens.) They rolled in a cot. We had to make do, so my husband 80 years old, spent an uncomfortable night on the cot; my sister-in-law and I on the king. Next morning, showered-NO HAIR DRYER! Other guests had similar experience with hair dryer situation. Desk offered no apology, stated only that they were remodeling. Would not go back to this facility.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Excellent value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was was under remodeling, so was additional cleaning could have been done to keep up.

The breakfast had a lot of items most hotels do not. It was very well stocked.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Overall , it was a good stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The construction was still going at 7:30 in the evening. The back door was always open.

Room was very clean and spacious. The hotel is close to many stores and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

It has been a while since I stayed there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not see one side of the dining area with the breakfast that was available until I finished the food on the other side. Maybe a sign or something would help others may have this problem.

It has been a while since I stayed there. But, I remember my visit as being comfortable and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Satisfying!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

#1 Button in elevator does not work well. Made me concerned for a minute that I was stuck.

Clean. Microwave in room. Close to restaurants. Great customer service, especially DJ Kodadar.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The breakfast was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I pulled up to check in there were some guys just parked in front of the entrance just talking looked like they work there. So accessiblity to get in the door was not good with my luggage. This should be monitored an if your not just unloaded to check in you should be asked to move.

The breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Over priced. Will not stay at this Hotel again!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • King Room with Sofa

Mold on shower curtain, Stair well very dirty. Shower head bad and not adjustable. Very hard to find, even with GPS. Not close to any Rest. Bars or stores. Hard to get in and out of.........Entrance on a one way street

King Bed was comfortable. 4K Television and great temp. control.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Lovely stairs UP to the 3rd floor...and back down
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Lift, in morning wasn't operable, we were on 3rd floor and my wife has very bad knees, so climbing the stairs was difficult. told desk person about the lift..her response was. "a maintenance man will be in later" Glad we were just over night and didn't have a lot of luggage to carry down...reminded me of Europe 40 years ago..

location, easy off and back on to the Northway

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Overall, our stay at this hotel was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

People in room above us were loud and noisy till 3am. Had to tell the night staff who took care of the situation.

Overall, our stay at this hotel was good. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

No other rooms available
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Not close to the airport. Bathroom door wouldn't close. Mattress needed replacing.

There was a room available. Albany hotels were fully booked because of bar exams.

Everything else.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Didn't like that the jacuzzi was kinda dirty

Everything else. Personnel, rooms, everything was great.

Awesome hotel
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The pillows were a bit uncomfortable

The facility was very nice and clean. The bed was really comfortable and there was everything close by

Very friendly staff!
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Very friendly staff! Clean, spacing room.

Can't wait to go again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was cozy, and staff were friendly.

very comfortable and convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hard to see entrance from the street. Easy to pass by.

very comfortable beds. bathroom fixtures all new. fabulous mirror.

Will stop again going to Vermont

Everything was good

Close to route 7 north

Room was recently renovated.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Property was being renovated.

Room was recently renovated. Very spacious.

It was unfair for the kids and i to go sownstairs fpr...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was unfair for the kids and i to go sownstairs fpr breakfat and only to see a sml continental nreakfast ...no eggs, no bacon, no suasage...etc

It was very noisy there was a family that was very loud.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

It was very noisy there was a family that was very loud. Other than that it was nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overall not a clean nice place

Bed was comfortable

I enjoyed my stay and definitely will go back again.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The walls are too thin so you can hear everything.

I loved the hot tub that was very relaxing .

No extra blanket in room.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

No extra blanket in room.

Reasonable value.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Not enough blankets, windows did not full close on cold windy night. Place in need of updating.

Clean, with great location.

The hotel was fine-not much extras.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not enough hangers in the closet. Breakfast was quite limited-no eggs, potatoes, etc.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy.

Staff were friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were friendly..place was clean..hottub and pool area very enjoyable..breakfast had a good variety.

Amazing
    • King Room - Disability Access

Staff and the parking in the back

I enjoy my room very clean

fair

satisfied with stay

later breakfast hours

near market bistro

Great Hotel to stay at.

I liked it all.

It was quick and convenient place to stay. A nice mall and restaurant with in a few minute walk.

Pet Friendly Comfortable Hotel.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Very convenient. Near several malls and restaurants and near my son.

Staff was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was excellent. Sharon at front desk and another Sharon in housekeeping were amazing. I also liked that floors in rooms were NOT carpeted.

Comfortable bed, convenient to the airport.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

We appreciated the airport shuttle, which was included, even with a 6:15 AM flight!

Bed was great.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

No eggs and sausages at breakfast

Bed was great.

The staff professional and polite.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff professional and polite. The room was clean.

It was great and we got use of their pool and gym.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was not a good variety for breakfast for the kids to have.

Order a pizza from Doms excellent

Order a pizza from Doms excellent

Clean close to major road and food choices

Clean close to major road and food choices

Our stay was okay. I guess we are just really used to quality la Quinta hotels and this one wasn't.
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The place just seemed shabby overall. It did mention on a poster in the elevator that they were going to be making major improvements in the future.

Nice Facility, Convenient Location!

The continental breakfast was very small compared to others for the same price.

The facility as a whole was very nice!

Great stopover hotel

Workout

Good and bad

It was quite

It was close to where I needed to be

Pet Friendly Clean!

???

The staff was very accommodating!

A good start but meeds some help !
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

inability of desk staff to make recommendations for area restaurants or to give travel directions or maps.

Cannot compare .

Very clean room, delicious breakfast and friendly staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean room, delicious breakfast and friendly staff!!

Great value and great staff!
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Staff were wonderful, even late at night! Free airport shuttle was so helpful!

location was great
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

the room Air conditioning did not work

location was great