Reviews of Hotel Le Jolie 3 stars

235 Meeker Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA

#6 of 65 hotels in Brooklyn

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

My only negative was location. Train, taxi, subway access are not proximate. Raining made the walks even less appreciated. Maybe add a taxi call service?

I was not able to avail myself of either the wifi (actually had no need for it) nor the free breakfast. Actually forgot the breakfast, as I was just too busy to get to it. So, they may have been great, but I didn't access them.

Pricey

Excellent location - Bed and pillows very comfortable - very clean room and bathroom ! The band Earnhardt played on Sunday night 4/8. In Brooklyn - word should be spread far and wide - this band is an up and coming sensation !! Excellent band !!

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

A big, burly wrestler-type person to roust me out of bed in the morning in time for breakfast...

The mattress was unbelievably comfortable; the shower deluxe. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating: allowed me to check in a little early when i arrived exhausted. They also recognized their complete responsibility in providing me a mattress on which i would be immediately lulled to sleep before being able to set my alarm and plug in the charger for my phone, thus sleeping right past breakfast time with just minutes before check out time. They admitted their culpability in the matter and provided a short grace period (long enough to shower) and allowed me to wait in the lobby while my phone was recharging.

everything was excellent

Excellent hotel. A small park, but in front of the hotel there is a bridge with a highway under which there is a parking lot. Take the room to the side of the city, and not to the side of the bridge - it can be noisy.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Newly remodeled rooms, contemporary chic.Bathroom even had an exhaust fan! Small-ish room, but big enough for what we needed, especially for the $. Close to cute breakfast/lunch restaurant Reunion. Breakfast included at hotel, didn't use. Room faced highway but had heavy double windows + motorized room-darkening shade. Quiet, slept well. Also, Free Parking!!

• Superior King Room

Promised parking was unavailable due to construction and I wasn’t notified. Much more noise in the halls (it seemed as if housekeeping was happening at all times in the hall made it hard to sleep). Paid more for a “city view room”, my view was of the block behind the hotel.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Comfortable bed, great room if you book on the "quiet" side of hotel (we changed rooms from cheaper noisy side..fronts the.expressway, plus lots of construction on that side while we were there). Room was very tiny but ok for 2 of us. Good continental breakfast with very nice staff.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

As in every relationship, the first impression matters a lot, and mine was not good: after receiving the notification through booking.com that my card was rejected, I introduced another one which I was not carrying with me. Upon arrival and by informing this to the owner I received a rude and unacceptable reply threatening the cancelation of the reservation (and even not suggesting a payment with cash which I found later that was an option). Everything was solved (by using a friend's card) at the end but turns out my card worked in almost everywhere in NY and all this situation was probably avoidable.

The other person at the reception was very professional. The breakfast was complete and good. Everything, room, WC, super clean.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Room very small & noisy due to traffic despite my being at the 6th floor. The towels/rack were located right above the toilet bowl. Not very sanitary and had to be always careful when hanging it up for fear it would fall into the toilet bowl.

Nikki & Hazel were always helpful so were the attendants at breakfast (I don't know their names). One cleaning lady (blond hair - I don't know her name either) was very helpful and cleaned the room real well leaving with the room smelling really good. Rooms were cleaned and refreshed daily.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The hotel was located within 10 minutes walking distance to two different subway lines. From there you could get to anywhere in Manhattan you needed to go. The area seemed safe. It was close to my granddaughter's apartment in Brooklyn. A basic hotel, but clean and the beds comfortable.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

The lobby smelled heavily like sweat; the carpet looked more like it belonged in a rundown motel; the AC unit was right next to the bed, and it was extremely noisy, so you either had to turn it off, or get no sleep at all

Despite being close to a big expressway, you didn't hear any traffic sounds

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Retired nypd officer , live on devoe st. For 50 years . Move to boca raton after selling my home . Felt like i was home again . Thank you so hotel le jolie .

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The rooms are a little small so I don't know how accommodating it would be for a family. The double rooms have twin beds in them which are small.

The rooms are modern and the staff is friendly. I like that there was front door staff that monitored the parking lot and greeted all guests upon entering. There is free continental breakfast daily and coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruits are available 24 hours. Its conveniently located right off the highway and nearby to a train station. The neighborhood also offered several dining options and several adult lounges.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Could have been more choice at breakfast, it was fine, but very simple.

Helpful and friendly staff. Parking at front very useful. Fridge in room also very handy.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

I was disappointed that we didn't have a window we could see out of. It made the room dark and gloomy. There was no place in the bathroom to set your toiletries and such.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

They "upgraded" us to a room on a different floor where construction was going on right outside the room. Hardly an "upgrade." It was loud.

The rooms were clean. It was a convenient location. The bed was comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

For the cost the breakfast menu fell way short. Too many sugar items It was difficult to communicate with the front desk

The Hotel was in walking distance of where I needed to be

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

I usually like duvets, but these were almost too heavy to cover yourself with. Perhaps in winter? We did have a hard time controlling the temperature to make the room not too hot or too cold.

The location was great for our purpose of attending a wedding. We were able to get free parking on site, which was a huge plus for Brooklyn. Staff was super friendly. The room was nicely updated, small, but perfect for us. Beds were very comfortable. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

can sleep very well here! staff is super nice and breakfast is good too. Brooklyn is lovely and we recommend to stay there, just 2 train stops (L train) to Manhattan Village.

• Superior King Room

I'm extremely disappointed!! Definitely NOT worth the money we paid!! EXTREMELY OVERPRICED for what you get. We checked in Saturday night and checked out Monday morning. We paid $598. RIP OFF!!! This place is more like a Motel, not an upscale hotel in any way, shape or form!! First, their "parking lot" holds 5 cars so we had to park across the street under the bridge. I asked the lady who checked us in if we could park there, she said not a problem. Well the next morning I got a $60 ticket because I parked nose first instead of back first. WHAT??? There were no signs or anything letting you know!! Shouldn't the girl who checked us in know that??? We were there to celebrate our anniversary and they left us pastries in our fridge, the thought was nice. They also had towels shaped like swans on our bed, that too was nice. They gave us an upgrade (room with a view of Manhattan), wow, what a let down!! The view was nothing special, that's for sure!! The room is really small and the decoration is tacky as hell. The room was clean, and the bed was pretty decent. Bathroom was ridiculous, just a sliding glass door for privacy and the shower sucked!! The TV was haunted because it kept skipping channels at random times. They allow you a few channels, anything else you have to pay extra for. The "breakfast" was nothing special. Stale mini bagels, nothing hot unless you want some microwave oatmeal. They had stale breads and muffins that they cut in 4 pieces, how cheap and tacky!!!! The only good thing was the coffee. To make matters even worse when we checked out the elevator was BROKEN - so we had to walk down with all our things 6 flights. I wouldn't stay there again for FREE!! There are many wonderful hotels in Brooklyn, this one is NOT one of them!! I can't understand how they got so many rave reviews. Makes me wonder if they are all fake reviews!! Stay somewhere else, you'll thank me!!

Bed was comfortable, room was clean. That's about it.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

big TV with lots of channels. Lots of up to date outlets/charging spots/music docks. Loved free water in the fridge. The black out shade on the window really worked. Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

You are almost underneath the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.

The hotel was close to subway and there were many restaurants nearby. Central Williamsburg and Greenpoint are within walking distance.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The little Asian lady who does the breakfast is very nice,friendly and happy. Lovely breakfast. The hotel is similar to many European hotels with small efficient and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The AC wasn't working for a while and I had to ask twice to check on the AC. Ultimately I got moved from the 2nd to the 5th floor which was a bit of an upgrade.

Can't beat the price for the location. It was close to the office I needed to attend. Also greet staff and service and the complimentary breakfast was nice!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

The breakfast was not very good.

Bed was very confortable and it was a good location for the things we wanted to do. The staff was also extremely friendly.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

When they said parking was limited, I didn't realize HOW limited. We ended up having to pay for parking at a nearby garage.

The bed was super comfortable. They just installed blackout shades in each room, which blocked all light and sound from the windows. Best night's sleep I've had in a long time but when we woke up, had no idea what time it was because the room was so dark! Everything was very very clean and well kept, the rooms seemed newly renovated.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Room was small but very comfortable. Breakfast area a bit cramped.

Very friendly staff and near subway station. We were visiting from UK and stayed in hotel as our son lives in Williamsburg. Worked really well for us. Breakfast included was a real bonus and perfectly adequate.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Staff is outstanding and very friendly! The rooms were clean and stylish. They even upgraded us to a room with a Manhattan view which my mom loved since she's not from New York. Good breakfast & free parking! Will be staying at Hotel Le Jolie anytime we come to Brooklyn!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

I wouldn't mind more breakfast options, although it was certainly adequate.

This is a small but very clean and comfortable hotel in proximity to cool shops and a great park. Having never been to Brooklyn except for a meal now and then, I was pleasantly surprised. Since it is right next to the BQE I was worried about noise, but it was actually very quiet. And the bed was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

My only complain was my bed and pillows were a bit to firm for me , maybe more vegetarian / vegan choices for breakfast , such as almond milk? Or fruits

Very clean , staff very pleasant , yummy coffee and food looked great , fruit delish

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The free breakfast was less than most hotels that offer it. I had to stop to eat not too long after eating there. Also, I think I got one of the last rooms and I didn't have a window, but I was barely in my room so that was fine.

Staff was nice; they have parking; and it was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Nothing. This time all the reviews were right! This is an excellent place to stay for under $200 in Brooklyn!

They thought of everything a traveler would need. The rooms get completely dark. The windows are double-paned. The room looked better than it does in its photos.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Some protein (other than yogurt) at breakfast would have been nice.

Stylish rooms, with new bathroom, & comfortable bed. Iron, hairdryer, safe, fridge (with bottled water), slippers included. Free breakfast: bagels, pastries, cereal (hot & cold), yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice. The staff was great. On site parking, so I felt good leaving my rental car. Shop local!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Bathroom doors are sliders not allowing much privacy. Rooms right off freeway with some slight noise, but not too bad - the price makes up for it!

Great free breakfast and parking available on site. Blackout shades were great. Friendly staff. Walkable to everything in Williamsburg.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

nothing that I can think of.

Great bed. Thick, soft towels, very quiet considering the location. Room darkening shades. Great breakfast. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The person in the room next to me woke me at 3:30 am with their pot & cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk, and after about an hour of more smoke, I walked down to see if they could do anything. The security guard just kind of looked at me blankly, and the woman at the front desk was at a loss as to what to do since she couldn't confirm where the smoke was coming from....understandable. It sucked to not get any sleep since that was the purpose of my stay, but I have stayed there before without incident, and I will likely stay there again.

Clean, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Furnace/ heater in room made a roaring sound at 6;00 am.

Loved personal service and coffee. Very close to great food and little bodegas. Short walk to subway.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

This was my second visit to Hotel Le Jolie and it was just as wonderful as my first. If you are not used to NYC rooms, you might find the room small, but they are efficiently laid out and have the most wonderful bed. The hotel is right next to the BQE. I tend to think of the swishing sound of traffic like a city ocean so it never bothers me. The staff has been very friendly and helpful on both of my trips and they even have complimentary umbrellas if it is raining. They also remember you, which is nice when traveling.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Bed was a little too hard. Parking was a little difficult bc of limited space in the lot.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very clean. The location was close to public transportation as well as areas of interest.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

More space would have been nice and the cot to sleep in kept collapsing but other than that things were perfect!

The staff was so kind and helpful! I loved that I could get coffee and tea 24 hours a day!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

This is splitting hairs but the only thing I would suggest is having a normal sized Ironing board , not the compact one.

The young lady who checked me in was really pleasant. I think some Hotels underestimate how important the initial contact a traveler has at a hotel when on the road. This is very important to me. I knew after that brief interaction that if I had any issues, they would be addressed.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

It's a really great Brooklyn Hotel. And it was super convenient. It's about a 5 minute walk from the L Train @ Metropolitan Ave. They even have complimentary umbrellas. Just watch the puddles when you're walking - you will get splashed, because people drive like that. But it's NYC. So don't expect a huge room and it is right next to the BQE. I enjoyed seeing the traffic lights and also the swishing sound of cars going by. They have a simple, but lovely complimentary breakfast - cereal, bagels, yogurt, apples, oranges. And their bed linens and body soaps are wonderful. The staff was really friendly and helpful as well.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The views from the rooms are not great - but you are in the hotel to sleep, not sitesee.

Friendly staff. Good, clean, modern rooms. Decent, attended, buffet breakfast included. Quick and easy access to Manhattan (subway is a few blocks away and then one stop) and Williamsburg itself has great shops and restaurants. I have stayed at Le Jolie several times and family members use it, too. We wouldn't if it wasn't good. Brooklyn subway handy for JFK, too, but make sure you know which trains you want as subway info is not as good as the London Tube.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

There is no lounge area. We were in NYC to visit with two friends. We had to go elsewhere to relax with them (we had a very small twin room). The breakfast area is not really a "lounge". Additionally, we never ate breakfast because it was too crowded and the offerings were not plentiful enough. Pay-per-view movies would be a nice addition.

Staff is always very nice. Rooms are always clean and beds are very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Our room was adjacent to the highway which was quite loud with the windows open. We closed the windows and it provided a type of white noise which we didn't mind. May be too difficult for some to sleep through

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We appreciated the free continental breakfast and Starbucks coffee. Short walk to Bedford Street and many restaurants and shops in Williamsburg. We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

2 mornings at 6:30, there was a knocking (pipes?) in the bathroom wall that might have been someone else taking a shower.

The rooms are beautifully renovated. A better-than-average continental breakfast with onsite host. 4 minute walk to L train into NYC.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Staff was very nice but outside of yogurt, there was no other protein source for breakfast, that was disappointing.

Although small room accomodations all the basics were there. Very friendly staff and very clean, Liked the automated window shade since we faced the B Q Expressway.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

It was modern, very clean and reasonably quiet despite being beside a freeway. The small breakfast area was kept spotless. It was easy walking distance from shopping and dining.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

but I've never stayed in a room so small. It was well designed but too small for my taste

Everything was done well in terms of cleanliness, and amenities,

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

The breakfast was nothing special. I would rather pay to have brunch at one of the cute places nearby, but it's perfect to hold you over until lunch if you're trying to save money. Room is small, if that matters to you, but it's well designed so space is efficiently used. I had no trouble with it as one person in town for one night.

Room was very clean. The rainfall shower head was great. Great view of the city from the 7th floor (I included a picture that doesn't do it justice). The location felt incredibly safe. I was in town for an event at bar a few blocks away and walking back alone after midnight wasn't scary at all. If I ever go back to Brooklyn, I'll stay here again for sure. Staff was friendly. There was lots of parking in the area, even though the hotel lot was full. I was able to park on the street right out front and had at least 5 spots to choose from.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Could not turn fan down on aircon.

Room well set out, modern and clean. Bed very comfortable. On the side away from the freeway, the room was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Don't get off at the wrong Lorimer St Subway :) (or you have a good walk ahead of you)

Easy location for getting pretty much anywhere - 5 mins from subway - Half the reason I was there was for the USOpen tennis - and this hotel was very convenient for that

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Other travelers in the hotel were somewhat noisy. Door did not close without a good push.

Good basic hotel - small room but more than adequate, updated and clean, lots of personal items.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Front entrance and tiny lobby don't do the rest of the place justice, but I understand the lobby is getting an overhaul.

First time and definitely not the last at this hotel. Loved everything about it - staff was helpful, cheerful and competent, and room was comfortable and quiet in spite of adjacent highway. Double windows and blackout shades worked well. I'm usually not a fan of hotel breakfast buffets, but this was fine - plenty of variety and always kept perfectly tidy by Helen.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The only negative was the aircon unit which was huge for a small room. It was right next to the bed I was sleeping in and noisy. Being summer and hot it was necessary to have it going but it either was too warm during the night or blowing cold air directly onto me.

The hotel was clean, conveniently located for us and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

My daughter and I shared a room, which overall was quite nice, but we would have liked the air temperature to be cooler. The temperature was ok for sleeping, but not ideal, and the air conditioner was a bit noisy and not responsive to the lower temperature setting we made.

All the staff I interacted with were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. One of the front desk attendants provided suggestions for a nearby Italian restaurant, which we liked very much. Parking in the hotel's small lot worked out perfectly, even when we returned to the hotel late on our 2nd night. The desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. Also, the lady working in the breakfast room each day was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Very small lobby, no sitting area. Limited breakfast items

The rooms are small but very well stocked with every thing needed. Nice and clean very modern. I would stay there again. The gal Helen that took care of the breakfast area was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Breakfast was a bit lacking.

Great location in an interesting part of town. Very nice staff who were accommodating of a couple of requests that I had. Room was perfectly adequate.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

We had someone next door that around 1:00am, started fighting, cussing, were loud, bumping into the walls and it was very scary for us. And they tried to use their key on our door. I didn't know if I would hear a gunshot next. Didn't like our room facing the highway- noisy.

I wanted eggs for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior King Room

We did not spend much time during the day at the hotel. If we had spent more time there it would have been nice to have a small lounge for reading. But I think the hotel is wise to limit the extras and keep the rooms affordable.

Everything lived up to our expectations and went smoothly. It was really quiet. The room was a good size (for New York), well laid out. Breakfast dishes and cutlery were real, not cardboard or plastic. The location may seem odd, right by the highway, but that made for easy access and the adjacent residential area is safe, well-kept, and includes McCarren Park for strolls. The staff were welcoming and efficient. We wanted a comfortable, well-maintained, convenient, affordable hotel in Williamsburg and that's what we got.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

They are going through some remodeling and waiting for furniture so our room had one night stand. Rooms are very small but efficient for a short stay. Breakfast options were slim - would've liked protein options and gluten free options.

Central location, manhattan view, free breakfast, complimentary water in room.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

In my room, the closet door opened from the wrong side! Room 408. The desk was right next to the air conditioner outlet so it was uncomfortable when the air was on and I tried to use the desk! No window opening to outsidee air! Minor things! No big deal!&

Clean, Internet, tv, nice comfortable bed! Close to L train, bars and restaurants very near by!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

The breakfast was great, however more of a variety would be nice!

Our experience here was very good. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very welclming. The bed was so comfortable, shower was very cool and the toiletries were awesome. This hotel really thinks about their customers.

Stayed in May 2016

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Can hear neighbors pretty clearly.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Staff was not helpful; big problem to give WiFi password and a lot of pressure to do the check out before it was time.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

I would like more protein options for vegan diets at breakfast.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Great location, clean & comfortable rooms, friendly staff.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Rooms can be a bit too small.

Staff was outstanding. The hotel is very clean. Very important! Parking was free and easy. Metro stop is close.

Breakfast ends at 9am

Can't think of anything.

Great breakfast, very clean and just a friendly place! Very convenient to Manhattan. Walk about 3 blocks to the L Train.

• Standard Room with Two Twin Beds

Staff is quite helpful and the location and price can't be beat.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

It was a very nice hotel for the price and I would stay there again.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Rooms were smaller than expected but space was efficient.

Location, cleanliness and free parking

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

There was a constant noise, possibly from outside the building.

Room size