Reviews of Montrose West Hollywood 4 stars

5.3

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I liked the room.
    • Superior King Suite

Fitness center was not actually a center but I could make some workout in there.

I liked the room. It has really nice decor. There is small kitchen area. Balcony was great add. Bed and pillows were great and I slept well. They had washer in down stairs working with coins. I could stay here again. It is very nice hotel with quiet location.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

All in all it’s fine but not worth what they charge.
    • Superior King Suite

It’s a bit like putting lipstick on a pig. The property shouldn’t have the star rating it does. Funky decorated rooms but painted over an old, aged facad. Staff aren’t on their game (housekeeping aside).

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Beautiful rooms but some of the communal areas were disappointing.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

Our suite had a nice American style (open) kitchenette but no cutlery or crockery was provided. It seemed that the hotel gym was being refurbished and had been relocated to a small room on the ground floor. A limited supply of gym machines / equipment were provided. The small ground floor coffee shop lacked atmosphere and the coffees and pastries we purchased for breakfast were over priced. The hotel is located in a quiet residential area so there are no shops or cafes in the immediate vicinity.

A hotel with a nice trendy vibe. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was large, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. There is a smallish open air pool on the roof as well as a full size open air tennis court.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Highly recommend the Montrose
    • Superior King Suite

Everything. The room had a kitchenette, a gas fireplace, a sectional couch in a sunken living room. 2 big screen TVs. Beautiful bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Pleasant stay, great location
    • Superior King Suite

the hallways had an unpleasant musty (old) smell, but I did not notice the smell anymore once I got into my room. The bathroom has 2 lights, one being a motion sensor light that went out in the middle of my morning shower because the motion sensor does not reach the shower. This left me in the dark, so make sure you have BOTH lights switched on in the bathroom when showering! The Keurig coffee machine in the room did not work properly. It brewed the coffee but did not heat it. Luckily I was able to heat the coffee in the microwave. I also wish the rooms had a full length mirror somewhere in the bathroom.

I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room as well as the bathroom! Lot of space to move around, to lounge in, and to get ready in. Very nice view from the balcony. I was visiting for business reasons and this hotel was very close to where I needed to get to in the morning. Very pleasant staff!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

perfect
    • Superior King Suite

I thought 22% service charge plus $10 extra plus expected tip was a little much, but thats the norm for the usa

I really liked the big rooms and the quietness in the hotel

Awesome hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Awesome hotel!!! Super friendly staff and amazing location! This is mine and my fiancé’s new spot anytime we’re back in weho!! Thanks guys, you’re all amazing!!!

Fine overall ...
    • Superior King Suite

Every day the house keeper forgot to leave something : one day was the bath mat , another day the face cloths , or the water , or the coffee , etc... We were promised a city view on booking .com ? Did not happen ... But what I disliked the most was that when I asked if I could reserve a table on the roof for the next morning at 11 AM with 2 of my guests for a short breakfast meeting, I was told by the receptionist that I would have to pay $350 upfront to block the table for 4 hours ???? I explained that we only wanted to have a light breakfast for just may be an hour and was told that it would be the same rule ??? I would have to deposit /guarantee $350 upfront for that small square plastic table with an old blue Umbrella ????

The location , the easy parking with Valet ...

My stay was short but sweet would definitely return.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Hard to recognize as a hotel, especially at night, I've never seen a hotel like this particular one

The room. It was a suite & I loved the set up & decor. The staff were accommodating & professional.

#perfectstay
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

There is nothing not to like. This refurbished hotel is just getting better and better. Perfect #homeawayfromhome

Everything from The beds to The lobby and café area.

Overall great boutique vibe place to stay in quieter part of town which suited us.
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

Cost of parking (but is Hollywood). Lack of kitchen cleaning stuff for sink in room.

30 mins Uber from Downtown and 10 mins from Hollywood. Great pool and Lounging area with amazing views. We had a balcony over the street. Travelling with 3 children so has 1 room and 2 large beds and a sofa bed. Very comfortable and large bathroom. No catering facilities in the room - funky feel and polite and attentive staff. Parking extra cost ($40!) but valet service. Good bathroom accessories. Overall boutique and more adult vibe but great stay and would recommend.

Not worth the experience
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

1. Guests were smoking weed in rooftop pool area. 2. Fees are not transparent. In addition to a resort fee (which is fine), you have to pay a $20 amenity fee to access the facilities that should have been free or included in the price to begin with (e.g., access to the pool, gym, business center, etc). 3. Photos of the pool are dated. It seems it was recently renovated. It doesn’t look that fancy anymore. 4. Check out is long and inefficient. 5. Signage is confusing. The elevator button says push floor 5 for the gym, while the gym is actually located in the lobby area. Spent quite some time looking for the gym on the 5th floor. 6. In room snacks are cheap and unhealthy. Not in par with boutique hotels. 7. Ceiling fan doesn’t work in the bathroom - there’s simply no switch button. Mirrors got fogged up easily.

Nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nice city view from the Pool area at top of the building, ...
    • Suite with City View

Expensive parking, very expensive breakfast,

Nice city view from the Pool area at top of the building, good location in LA, Nice area around the pool in top of the building. Good and clean rooms with a little kitchen.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The location is unbeatable
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

I paid US$9 for a take away coffee downstairs - that’s the most expensive coffee I have ever paid for in my life! It has a little kitchen but no plates or cutlery in the room which seems odd? Parking was very overpriced US$50 for parking in the building garage A few chairs on the balcony would have been great

The location is unbeatable Close to great restaurants and Pavillions super market if you want to get some supplies Pool was small but our 3 kids loved it Roof top was great - fantastic view and comfortable loungers etc. Bathroom supplies were in large bottles which was great - means not so much waste which hotels are normally terrible for. Loved the shuffleboard table in the restaurant They also provided drinks and music every night complimentary for guests which was thoughtful Beautiful hotel - loved the colour scheme and decor

This is my second time staying at this property and I love it.
    • Deluxe King Suite

In the suite that I had which was recently renovated they neglected to include a dresser or something that I could place my things in. I had to live out of my bag. Also there was no full length mirror. Who wants to stay in a hotel especially being a gay man and not being able to see what they look like when they’re fully dressed.

• Superior King Suite

We had to move to another room because the shower was very dirty (disgusting hair on the floor). We stayed for 4 nights and the bathroom in the new room was always dirty. It is NOT a 4 star hotel.

Another wonderful pride weekend in Weho!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

Not that it's bad at all, but it would be nice to see bigger refrigerators or less mini bars items in them. It's great to be able to buy cold items but there is limited space because of the min bar items.

The king size suite is great because it has a true bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room, so it provides the right amount of privacy for two people to sleep separately.

This was the best hotel so far.
    • Suite with City View

This was a great location for where we needed to be but out the balcony the view was less than appealing. There were underwear hanging from a tree. Not really the hotels fault though.

This was the best hotel so far. It is very expensive but nice. The rooms were great and very comfortable. It was clean and the staff was great. We enjoyed this hotel greatly. I would recommend it.

The guy at the front desk at checkin was AMAZING!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

The guy at the front desk at checkin was AMAZING!! Very friendly/social made checking in not feel like an awkward moment of silence. The room was GREAT view was wonderful. We wish the pool was bigger but it was reasonable.

Highly recommended
    • Superior King Suite

Lights had presence sensor, so they would turn on at any time which was annoying. Also for some reason, the fan at the bathroom was on all the time and there was no way to turn it off, so if you are sensible with noises, I would recommend to double check if your room has this problem.

Room was really big, comfortable, clean and very nice. I have requested for the accessible room as I have broken my foot so the room was big enough and very cozy, including a seat inside the shower which was really helpful. Rooftop is really nice too, I recommend you to go there.

Care! Significant renovations currently in progress
    • Superior King Suite

Negotiating the renovations. Wet paint signs, builders up ladders, lights hanging off walls, masking tape holding down carpets, and dust!

Significant renovation work being undertaken, about which we were not pre-warned! We would have cancelled had we known (which is probably why it is not be pre-advised!). Difficult to rate this hotel more than fair when having to negotiate wet paint; dust; builders ladders and closure of usual amenities...

Great as usual but the hotel was in the midst of a complete reno and I did not like that.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

great stay overall. However, did not realize that the entire hotel was being renovated and was filthy! I would have liked to know before i booked.

my room was great!

Very disappointed compared to previous stays
    • Superior King Suite

I booked an executive king ..No privacy as scaffold work men working outside my window . Constant banging could be heard above us . We had to leave as could not conduct a meeting there . Parking attendant could not understsnd

Rooftop Pool, Staff, Location & City Views are all Amazing! We loved staying here!
    • Superior King Suite

The door keys are temperamental, multiple times our room keys stopped working and this caused concern for other guests too (as we overheard in the lobby) - make sure everyone staying has provided ID at checkin, if you don't and your name isn't on the booking, and your room key just randomly stops working you won't be getting in. It's actually great that they take so much care in security, but a few times we just went back to our room from the pool to use the washroom and were locked out from our keys not working, we then had to go through the process of going down to the front desk (in our bathing suit) just so they could see us, and 'fix' our room key. It was frustrating. Again.. I get the security aspect, but it seemed a little too intense, maybe you need that in LA? It didn't affect our overall positive experience of staying here though, just worth a mention.

The Hotel Lobby and half of the rooms are undergoing renovations (as of Apr 2018), but don't be put off on arrival - the rooms you stay in and the rooftop pool are done.. and they're great! We'd just had a very long travel day and were there for a romantic getaway so were disappointed by the first impression and to then be given the room right next door to this temp lobby/room! After sharing our concerns the staff immediately took extra steps to ensure our comfort. Once in our new room it was the perfect getaway, the rooms are huge, the bathrooms are all brand new and it was the perfect location for us to explore on foot all of the amazing coffee shops and restaurants/bars within walking. The Pool having just completed renovation was perfect for us! Great bar service up there and the food was fantastic!

Absolutely loved the location, view, food, staff, hospitality...would definitely stay again!
    • Suite with City View

I didn't realize that I could turn off the motion-sensing lights in the bathroom and kitchen so getting up for a glass of water or using the bathroom, the lights stayed on until they timed out.

The food served by room service was incredible ... best I've ever had!

Great location, Safe neighbour close to both Sunset and Santa Monica Blvd!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Extra charge on arrival “Amenities fee” $20 per day for simple things which should be provided for free, but funnily was only received on the first day eg. Newspaper, Bottled water per guest, turndown service. These are basic amenities & we should not be charged extra for them, Just supply these services for “free” and include the cost it in the original nightly price if it is needed!

Great property, Fresh room was equipped well and comfy, Second visit. A little cluttered due to renovations but it’s for the greater good! Was disappointed the rooftop area was completely off limits though, Understandable the pool and court being unavailable due to renovations but would be nice to have maintained a small area for patrons to enjoy the view at least.

Overall a good hotel, good value for money and a hotel we would go back to
    • Deluxe King Suite

The construction going on was not great and it would have been good to know about this before hand. There was also no fitness center

Rooms where excellent, hotel was very nice and relatively well located.

Bad experience due to not announced hotel renovations
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Pool area and terras on top floor was not open and in renovations which was a HUGE bummer. I expected to work every day for an hour or two. Last time i was in LA, at a couple of streets from the current hotel, i also had a rooftop lounge terras and pool, and i loved working fro there, so it was really NOT ok that this was closed and that this was not announced during our reservation. Also no compensation was offered whatsoever. Also small thing is that lights go on/off automatically in the bathroom (also the ventilator), so when someone of the family goes to the toilet during the night, everyone wakes up ... But that was not such a big deal. Rooftop bar/terras was much worse not having that.

Good and nice renewed room, large tv (although the signal was too bad for such a large tv but ok). Also the shower is nice.

Would not stay again.
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

There was construction and the pool and rooftop lounge was closed. This is why we booked the hotel and there was no mention of this when we booked. This was extremely disappointing.

The room was decent, although there was construction which we were uninformed and the balcony was unusable because of the construction. Were we by the elevator which was loud and kept everyone awake until past 2am.

Great location. Great rooms. Really friendly staff. Unfortunate timing because of renovations.
    • Deluxe King Suite

There was construction work going on during our stay and the pool and the tennis court were both closed. We weren’t told about this on arrival or before our stay. The cost of breakfast. $79 for two bowls of oatmeal (porridge) coffee for one and orange juice for two.

The room was great and the staff were friendly. The location was brilliant between sunset and Santa Monica boulevards. Loads of restaurants in the area and great nightlife.

Has potential but needs improvement.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Hotel tried to double charge amenity fee. Had to speak to 3 different people to have it removed. It is obvious they are trying to take advantage of people. Very disappointed. Facilities are a bit dated ( I feel like I’m staying in a hotel in the 1990s) but it looks like they are slowly making upgrades. Suites are very spacious though which is a plus. Hallway smelled of mold. Towels were very uncomfortable.

Very spacious.

Everything was good, i just need the extra money they took back.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

I still haven’t rcvd my prepayment deposit of almost $500. and i already PAID for the hotel. Mind you , it’s been 7 days. It’s also frustrating because there system was down like 2 days in a row.

The hotel was not what I expected, from the reviews online
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

The service was horrible at the front desk. They charge you $20 a day for amenities which should be water, the pool etc. but we did not get any of that, the hotel was under construction and the pool was closed. They also charge $42 a night to park which is ridiculous and you don’t have any other option for parking.

The room was a good size and I liked the location.

Extremely disappointing hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Major refurbishments going on at hotel which are noisy and an eyesore- was not told about this when booking! swimming pool area was closed, yet charged 20 dollars per day for a resort fee?There was no resort facilities available- no free water supplied every day and no sign of any newspapers. Disgraceful! No utinsels available in kitchen to use kitchen, asked several times for some to be brought to room but not done. No slippers supplied in room and were needed as carpets dirty. Toiletries not fully replaced each day! Reported that the oven in room did not work. after 2 days someone knocked at door at 0730 expecting to come in and repair. Been coming here several times over 10 years and this visit was so disappointing, especially after an 11 hour flight to get here.

Excellent location close to many shops and restaurants, yet in quiet street

Spacious and comfortable rooms on a quiet street near the Sunset Strip
    • Suite with City View

The hotel could benefit from some refurbishing. Our room had been recently remodeled and looked great, but the common spaces of the hotel are in need of some touching up and maybe some rethinking. As it is, there is no clearly designated waiting area...often, when you walk through the lobby, there is a crowd gathered immediately next to the front desk...no one uses the oddly isolated sitting area off the main room.

The rooms at Le Montrose are very spacious. My wife and I comfortably shared the room with our adult son. The West Hollywood location is ideal...the hotel is on a quiet street within easy walking distance of the Sunset Strip on one side and the Melrose restaurants on the other. The price is modest compared to comparable alternatives in the area. We've stayed here several times in the past and will surely stay there again.

Will stay again and hopefully they’re not renovating!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Wifi and overall cell service is poorz. They’re in the process of renovating and it was dirty in the hallways: dusty, workmen, etc.

Location is great, restaurant is great, rooms are huge.

Best calculator and amazing place

I can’t fault anything.

The staff were amazing they truly went above and beyond and were always friendly and happy to help. The rooms were a great size and very comfortable.

It was nice location and large room.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Overpriced for what it is - It's kinda old and needs updating throughout. Also our floor was being renovated and I was not told that upon arrival although it didn't ultimately affect us.

It was nice location and large room. Staff was great.

If your room is paid for on a Visa debit you shouldn’t have to put your credit card down as well
    • Superior King Suite

The lady at the front desk who is clearing a Liar

Nothing! Got charged roughy 150 Canadian After arriving back home in Canada and they said it was Mini Bar Charges.

Construction zone stay...
    • Superior King Suite

The hotel is in the midst of a renovation. Dust and noise most of the daytime hours. Hallways covered in plastic. Heavy pounding from 8:30AM to 4:30PM.

Hotel was in a great position with rooms clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe King Suite

The check in was appalling. Worst I have ever experienced with the girl at the front desk did not give a hoot about the guests trying to check in after being on a long flight. Very unhelpful

Room was very comfortable and close to restaurants and to access LA sights

Had we been advised of the constructions underway we would never have elected to book this hotel.
    • Superior King Suite

We ended up moving hotels as we were checked into a room that was adjacent to significant building works. The noise from a jackhammer on the other side of the wall was deafening. There were plastic dropsheets in the hallway and builders tool on the floor. It was dusty, unbearably noisy ... basically like checking into a construction site.

It was a great experience overall and really pleased with the size of the rooms to accommodate all 5
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

Does need a bit of updating and carpets were a bit stinky, but the staff told us it’s in the works.

Loved the large bathroom area and layout. Staff was really friendly.

Boutique style hotel.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Boutique style hotel. This looks like it used to be an apartment building that they converted into a hotel. The rooms are lovely and very large as they were once studio apartments. My room had a balcony, sitting room with a fireplace. My housekeeper was the best. My room was immaculate. You can walk to sunset to shopping, restaurants and excercise studios. Was not my first stay and will not be my last.

Le Montrose Suite Hotel has become our go-to place to stay when we visit L.A.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

After initially discovering this hotel and reviewing it's website, it was evident that they don't have an in-hotel restaurant that has breakfast selections, etc. It's always good to know that before one stays at a hotel, if that is important to you. There are no other places to grab food within any real walking distance of the hotel either. Okay - so I figured this out prior to arriving the first time we stayed there, but it still would be helpful if the hotel had a big bowl or fruit - apples, bananas - or a platter of muffins - sitting somewhere near the front lobby for guests to have something on the way out the door in the morning. It truly is one of the few hotels we've stayed at in years that doesn't offer any access to breakfast type foods, on site or anywhere near by. On a different issue - they do have a bar just off the lobby, we think, as we have seen guests sitting in that area with drinks, but we have never seen a hotel employee in that area, nor while looking at the adjoining area with table and chairs (as if a dining area), we've never seen any signage or employees in that area to find out how to get such a beverage. We found that odd as those areas look nice, but we've rarely seen anyone in them, or using those spaces, and they are right off the main lobby near the elevators, so conveniently place, but always virtually empty of people. If there was an "active" presence of happy hour offerings or a breakfast "bar" that would be a great and easy access use for those spaces. One thing to note - when checking out from our stay in late September - we were told that there would be some renovation/construction work being done throughout the hotel between October and February - so that if we were to come back during that time, that we should know that will be going on.

This hotel is located just a few blocks off major city streets which offers a bit of a buffer from the 24/7 noise of it's Los Angeles area. Having stayed there a few times, we find it's convenient to all city areas that we need to access and has varying room styles which give the traveler options for the level of space and comfort you need. One small, small thing I really appreciate is that when I get up in the middle of the night or wake up prior to my husband, I can move/walk around and open/close doors without squeaks and floor noises that would be annoying. We've stayed in different room styles and have found them all very comfortable - in their beds, chairs, sofas, and overall useful space, etc. And we've found the amenities in the room meet all that we expect.

Great spot for a quite hotel near a lot of hotspots.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Downstairs has no 'bar" but sitting rooms that you can order a drink.

Rooms are very spacious with small kitchens and coffee maker. Love the living room area with fireplace. Gym is small but new and clean. Pool area is rooftop with friendly bartender, small pool not for kids. Pool was frequented by several groups of gay men if that is your persuasion. Welcome drink was nice. Valet only and its around $43 a day. Walking distance to Roxy, Rainbow Room and several great shops and restaurants by Sunset Plaza.

Great location but needs HVAC improvement
    • Deluxe King Suite

Air conditioning was a window unit in the wall that didn’t work right . The bathroom drains were very slow to drain. After taking a shower the entire room filled with humidity.

Location of the hotel. Ambiance was great. The size of the room was very good. The staff was very friendly.

A male staff member entered my room while I slept so I left the hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

A man opened my room while I was sleeping, to re stock something abd scared the life out of me so I had to check out of the hotel and find somewhere else to go. I'm still waiting for them to give m back my money which they ended up charging more than what I was told by the concierge the moment I arrived and signed for. The bad organization and miscommunication between the staff. The fact that a man walked into my room while I was sleeping. It's a shame I had a bad experience, the hotel has wonderful ammenities and I'm sure some people have a time of their life, unfortunately I had a terrifying experience and had to check out without staying the night as I was afraid someone would enter my room again. The ladies a the front desk Odi and Mia where understanding and curtious. The two other gentlemen however, seemed irritated. When I called someone told me the money would be back in my card in two days then someone else said 5-6 buisines days so I guess again there's a lack of communication.

The hotel has a great location and wonderful ammenities. Odi and Mia where very understating and helpful.

Great location; staff were friendly & helpful. Thank goodness for the roof top pool - it was hott
    • Superior King Suite

Parking was $42/day + $20 daily amentity fee. These things should just be added to the room charge, both seemed outrageous considering what you got.

Nice little boutique hotel near all the main attractions and...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

We had a 1 bedroom suit with a kitchen but not a single cutllury item which made it useless for us.

Nice little boutique hotel near all the main attractions and nightlife spots in the area

low budget hotel with high room rates in a swanky neighbourhood
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is over over priced for what you get! Our room was dirty; the carpet was not vacuumed, the bathtub had black streaks on it, the tiles were dirty! the cabinets in the bathroom the wood was pealing off. it was really a disappointing suite and I wish we stayed some where else! the city view was of the neighbours backyards!

• Superior King Suite

The cleaners weren't great. Bed not always made, rubbish left next to the bin not collected. At one point they accidentally took some of our wet clothing we had washed. When we advised the front desk they did not apologise nor seem to be fazed but it.

Great location. Room was spacious but the aircon was very noisy!

Great location next to Sunset Blvd (Whisky a go go, Viper...

A little pricey

Great location next to Sunset Blvd (Whisky a go go, Viper Room, Rainbow); a very cozy and clean room. Nice and funny people overnighting but also very calm hotel. A touch of LA glamour with the swimming-pool on the rooftop.

Horrible. Ruined my entire trip.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Horrible place I don't know how this is a 4 star hotel. When I first arrived there was a horrible smell in the lobby I thought it will go away. I was shocked when I got to our room the smell was worse it was the carpet all along. Both my brother and mom have asthma and were very bothered by it even after days of checking out. I've booked 8 days to stay at this property but I contacted booking.com and were nice to let me check out as soon as possible which was two nights. The AC was so old I don't remember the last time I saw a window AC unit. The location isn't within a walking distance of any good places. I've stayed at many other places at Beverly Hills for the same price and probably cheaper that were way much fancier and cleaner. For the price I payed I expect way much more. Ruined my family trip.

Great location in a lovely boutique hotel

Nothing really

Spacious room, king size bed was very comfortable. Great location, walking distance to a nice selection of restaurants. Pool is small but there is also a tennis court which is pretty amazing.

Location is good
    • Deluxe King Suite

The most expensive parking (42$ per day!). In addition, they charged me $20/day for the Wifi and then I came to know that there is free Wifi and the $20 was just to get faster net. The staff was not helpful and aggressive. Could get a better place with the money paid.

Location is good

Nice but somewhat disappointing

The pool is small. The gym is NOT state of the art as described on their site - v basic but better than nothing. Some of the evening Reception staff are not the nicest - they used to be. most TV channels were not working and haven't been since May 17 apparently!

Stayed here a few times. The suites are good as you get a mini kitchen with a cooker and microwave and they will supply pots and plates etc. Plenty of clothes storage space. Location is good for cool places like the Rainbow. Rooftop is nice. Cleaning staff and restaurant staff are very nice.

L.A. montrose
    • Suite with City View

The rooms abit deceiving only a curtain for privacy from children and when shut got very hot . No utensils in little kitchen

The staff were very helpful and the roof top pool was great

You can do better
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The pool is extremely small and uncomfortable if you want to swim, the Valet scratched two cars during my stay, there are extra charges to use their pool and WIFI, also pay attention to your bill at checkout I noticed extra charges that had to be removed.

Location is perfect for everything WEHO

Large rooms and great rooftop pool.
    • Superior King Suite

Could use a convenience store. Hotel bar options were very pricey and only 1 restaurant on the property. Had to walk a decent way to find drinking water that wasn't 7$ a bottle. Also carpet probably needs replacing soon as there seemed to be a stuffiness or odor in the room.

Large rooms and great rooftop pool. Bartender and wait staff were exceptionally accommodating and friendly.

Nice hotel in the heart of West Hollywood
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite

$42 valet parking per night is quite expensive Additional $20 'amenities' surcharge per night Both added a significant cost to the stay

Great location if you have a car to tour LA; nice size 1 bedroom suite; fantastic view on rooftop pool.

We enjoyed to completely! Quaint. Peaceful
    • Superior King Suite

The freezer had not been cleaned. Hadn't been wiped down. Gross tray with old meat/chicken blood

Extremely comfortable beds and room. Loved the fire place the pool and the location

Amazing stay - highly recommended.

Leaving!

A great hotel, in a fab location with stunning views from the pool. All the staff were great especially Maeve at the pool :) Would highly recommend this property .

Fair to middling not for long stay
    • Superior King Suite

Valet parking $42 per day! Again complain snd u get it for $30! The smell of cannabis was constantly in the air Some noisy nights from the hip hop entourage 22% gratuity plys a $10 delivery charge for room service Laundry prices were rudiculius

Wifi free for 1mb only but if you complain they give you the code for full access Maid service was excellent Valet boys were excellent

Meh
    • Deluxe King Suite

WAAAAY too expensive for what I got. Basically the same amenities as a Motel 6 at three times the cost. And charging $40 for overnight parking is criminal

I liked that the staff was friendly.
    • Deluxe King Suite

I didn't like that I had upgraded to a room with balcony that was supposed to have a view of the city but instead had a view of the road. Felt like I wasted money on upgrading.

I liked that the staff was friendly. Especially the housekeeper Anna. She was very sweet.

Hotel with a California feeling and view over LA.
    • Suite with City View

Aircon from years back, made more noize than cooling. Amenity fee, still in a year 2017? Why? It's mandatory so just add it to the roomprice and be transparent like modern hotels. I bet you would get your hotel full anyway without stupid questions in receptions. All in all, positive experience.

Good location with great view over LA from the roof top pool. Suite was bigger than expected based on images, with an extra bed nice for our family of 5. Modernized small, cozy hotel combined with old design of the rooms and building gave a funny feeling of time standing still, like Hotel California. Good relaxed and helpful staff without making a fuzz about it all.

Great hotel with top notch staff
    • Suite with City View

The staff are the best I have encountered in any hotel! The rooms are spacious and the facilities excellent! Lovely clean and comfortable beds. The valet staff excellent

Perfect place to stay for LA Pride!
    • Superior King Suite

No utensils in the kitchen.

The room was basically an apartment and extremely comfortable. The option to text requests for things was helpful if you're out and about and forget to ask for something.

Happy with overall stay but room for improvement
    • Superior King Suite

Had kitchen facilities which was a plus at the time of booking, but no crockery or utensils so we couldn't make use of then. The room and corridor also had a strong stale smoke odour that tried to be concealed with an even more over bearing fragrance. Coffee and juice at breakfast was way over priced.

Best thing about it was value for money and location. The room was also large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Tepid value
    • Deluxe King Suite

TV did not work properly throughout stay, additional charges included an unadvertised hotel amenity fee ($20/day) for in room instant coffee and internet fees. Note the unadvertised car parking ($40/day) although the valet's are courteous and prompt.

Good location and close to local businesses.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

There's got to be better
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Nicole and dime at every turn. Surprised there wasn't a toll box for flushing the toilet. Thin walls, ceilings. Toilet ran all night. Got back to to sleep and watch a bit of TV but only the 3 basic channels worked which were BeachBody TV, Hotel page, Hollywood extra. No free wifi if you want to use it. Just to connect and let your phone run it in the background. $40 parking without tip. $7 water bottles. "Welcome drink" when you purchase the amenity fee. So on and so forth. For such money spent to lie the head for a night, it was crazy.

The bed was comfortable with nice sheets. Spacious. Bath sheets.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

LA experience!
    • Superior King Suite

A bit outdated but comfortable enough. The cleaners were not the best.

The space in the room is very good. The staff really lovely and helpful. Great location, very central.

Great sized room for 3 couples!
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Queen Beds

Only 3 devices could be connected to the wifi.

Great sized room for 3 couples! The rooftop pool was great and not crowded and had lovely friendly service for drinks and food. Great spot for a walk down Melrose Avenue and Sunset Boulevard.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The location was good.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The room was not very clean. The rug was dark and looked old. We found two small bugs and one giant water bug which the staff took care of immediately but after that it was hard to feel comfortable there. Also, a pair of shorts went missing from our room.

The location was good. The roof top tennis court and pool were lovely. The gym is small but adequate.