Reviews of Parker New York 4 stars

119 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA

#330 of 415 hotels in New York

Can’t wait to return.
    • Superior King Room

A bit expensive for a hotel with rooms that look a bit “tired”.

The roof top indoor swimming pool. The location near Central Park. The fact that on request we were provided with a small fridge in our room, in addition to the usual minibar. Helpful, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The rooms are huge - twice the size of an average hotel room...
    • Superior King Room

My one and only complaint is the workout facility in the basement. The room where the classes are taught is in MAJOR need of fixing up, and they desperately need new mats, too. The rooms with the treadmills and weight machines are nicer, but that classroom is terrible!

The rooms are huge - twice the size of an average hotel room in the city. The location is central to everything from midtown up, and there are 2 subway lines within 3 blocks for everywhere else you want to go. There is also a Dry Bar, Blushington, nail salon, and a skin care place in the basement of the hotel, which is extremely convenient.

It is beyond shabby. signs have black scuff marks and finishes are peeling away from the wall. Not worth the money for what you get, you don't even get a bottle of water. Nothing in the fridge, complimentary or otherwise. You will get told to buy water from the giftshop in the lobby. You have to call for toothpaste and when we did none came. Don't stay here, stay somewhere else, there are so many options. So disappointed.

The hotel was clean, most of the staff were nice. Location was great. Cartoons in the lift.

Comfortable hotel in NYC when wanting to do business midtown and shows in the theatre district

The bathroom had a shower only, no kettle, mug, coffee/tea and refrigerator was provided. However, all but coffee/tea was provided but only when requested. Personally, I feel that although the place was clean but it could be a bit cleaner.

Location, location, location. That is the main strong point to be mentioned here. Room was comfy and large enough given the NYC context. Facilities such as the roof top indoor pool should be praised, especially when remembering the marvellous view above Central Park.

The location was good.
    • Superior Twin Room

Like all hotels, you can hear rooms next door and the corridors. We had to complain about the room next door at 1am in the morning. The staff dealt with it quickly.

The location was good. The staff were very good. Love the lifts with the monitors showing Charlie Chaplin and Tom and Jerry.

most pathetic. this hotel is in need of urgent refurbishment. nothing works here.

The Photos on the website of Booking.com are more than 10 years old. The Hotel has not been refurbished for 10-12 year by the admission of the staff themselves. Further, the rooms facing the road a serious noise issue as there is a construction of the building taking place with noise starting at 7am. the website nor the hotel staff ever commented the same. the air conditioning of the hotel does not work and in 90 F heat, you are suffocated in the room this is my worse experience through booking.com Aman Dhall

The Photos on the website of Booking.com

Amenities were great, Room experience was not as good
    • Superior Twin Room

My room was Junior Suite yet it didn't have fridge. Hair dryer was not working and TV was not working properly. It also didn't have slippers/ wine glasses. (But when I asked for glasses and they did bring them up promptly)

Room service was good - they were very friendly & prompt. The lobby experience was great as well as the coffee + bar.

Great staff-very helpful.
    • Superior King Room

Great staff-very helpful. The fridge in my minibar didn’t work and they brought me a little fridge right away. Ther are no coffe or tea pots provided in the room—or cpus. Also no microwave. These would be good additions. They did however bring me a teapot

The location was excellent.
    • Tower Junior Suite

The beds were uncomfortable and the condition of the room was poor with dated carpets and unfinished wood; this was not a five star room. Needed to call at least two fines for every request.

The location was excellent. The pool was warm and clean, but much smaller than appeared in their photos.

The bed was insane and our room and view was gorgeous.
    • Superior King Room

Maybe a fan in the bathroom so it didn't fog everything but that's just nitpicking

The bed was insane and our room and view was gorgeous. I loved the area

Great location next to Central Park.
    • Tower Junior Suite

Construction was going on.

Great location next to Central Park. Also close to Times Square. The pool on the top of the building has an amazing view. And you have to try the burgers and shakes at the Burger Joint inside the lobby. Amazing. We also took advantage of the spa and got a message. All around a great place to stay for anyone visiting NYC.

Great position, big room and very comfortable
    • Superior King Room

Bathroom was a little small and the mini bar was broken so the concierge sent up a portable fridge.

Jia at checkin was fantastic and friendly. We were given an upgrade to a higher floor with view of Central Park

Wonderful!
    • Superior Twin Room

Please put a full length mirror in the room.

We had adequate space The room was immaculate and extremely comfortable.The closet space was perfect for the two of us. We loved the bed...we slept better than we had in years ....including in our own home. However, we wished for a full length mirror in the room.

Comfortable but a suite isn't worth what it's priced at!

The room felt a little dated and some things were slightly run down, for the price we paid it seemed a little pricey. Orange flannels is a little tacky. The pool is a lot smaller than it looks in the photos and there' not really room for more than 4 users at a time. The pillows weren't the best either, could've done with a bit more choice re bedding.

The room was huge!

Average hotel with great location

Room was very poor equipped: normal for equally rated hotels amenities such as coffe-machine, ok, even cups, glasses etc were absent, no shower gel at all, everything is not bad, but very average. It is normal for 3 star hotel but having 5 star hotel expectations were higher.

Gravity club, size of our junior suite and, surely, location

Location was great.
    • Superior King Room

Room was hot and stuffy and we couldn't get it to cool down. Pillows were hard. TV was hard to navigate because there was no guide or info so you had no idea what was on each channel. Also no on demand movies or anything.

Location was great.

Good location , nice room but expensive additions.
    • King Room with Park View

The prices in the bar were expensive - $15 a beer? I made a telephone call of about 2 minutes to Brooklyn from my room - cost $22.50 ridiculous mark up in price. I liked the hotel but hate being ripped off by these type of details. Enough for me not to return.

The location was perfect. The swimming pool was excellent.

What we didn’t like.
    • Tower Junior Suite

What we didn’t like. The only problem we had was when we first got to our first room we found dead bugs by the window. We were moved to a beautiful room, but it was my moms 85 th Birthday so it was a little disappointing

Would never come back to stay
    • Superior King Room

So many things I didn’t like for example: -the pool was so small compared to the photo I saw and didn’t feel clean -I had to carry my own luggage in and out of the hotel because there’s (a) no one to help from the back or side entrance (b) front desk nor bell service ever pick up their phones -service was horrible -room felt dirty and uncomfortable -for the same price I could’ve stayed next door in Viceroy which had much friendlier staff who came out to help me even though I wasn’t staying at their hotel

The location was perfect because I was working on 5th Avenue near Bergdorf.

unlikely to stay there again.
    • Superior King Room

Hotel was dark and dingy, rooms were not particularly gracious, beds were low and not that comfortable, small closet space, and minimal amenities (e.g., no complimentary coffee in the lobby, no complimentary newspapers).

Gym is topnotch and staff was friendly.

Will not stay there again. Rather try a rental service for this expense.
    • King Room with Park View

Should be able to have a cup of coffee or tea without calling room service. Amenities were scarce in light of the charges. Hotel is overpriced.

Concierge was very good. Good Recommendations on restaurants. Room was very attractive.

This isn't a 5 star hotel in my opinion, it feels outdated and lacks luxury.
    • King Room with Park View

- The room was pretty worn out and lacking a modern touch - no robes / slippers - small cramped bath / shower - I could hear the elevator shaft from my room (it was so noisy!)

- the view of central park was nice - pool on the top floor is a cool experience (although not as glamorous as the photos depict)

Ok

Room was large as described, however there is no storage for a family of 4 in junior suite, interior is a bit dated, didn’t quiet feel like a 4* hotel

Good location, short on amenities you'd get at Hampton Inn.

There was no coffee pot available in the room nor was there a microwave or refrigerator. I suspect this is to force people to pay for an exorbitantly priced breakfast. Starbucks across the street.

The room was very nice and was clean. Television and WIFI worked perfectly. Excellent central location for midtown attractions--Central Park, the Met, Times Square, Theaters, Rockefeller Center, shops.

New York was great, I should have chose a better hotel for myself and family

Cleanliness, no heat, peeling paint ceiling

We were moved three times because of condition of bathroom ceilings paint heavily peeling and falling down on you. Rooms need detailed cleaning. I just wanted to go get cleaning supplies and clean up as I own a commercial cleaning business. My daughters room had no heat for 2 Days. Housekeeping cleaned room left no face towels, never vacuumed. I travel a lot with my family and felt bad that I selected this place for us to stay. We were never offered a discount for the inconvenience or anything else for that matter. I would not stay here again. I never do bad reviews but travelers should know.

Great Christmas stay with the family

It is getting a bit old, it needs some renovation. The corridors need some extra cleaning. Those carpets look a bit gross for a hotel of this caliber. The bathrooms are a bit outdated...

It's our 5th time staying in this hotel and it has become a nice tradition for us. It's close to everything: Central Park is two blocks away, Times Square and Rockefeller Center are a short walk away. The junior suite is large and comfortable. Very quick room service. It's nice to have a swimming pool with such a nice view!!!

Never come back again.
    • Superior King Room

Don’t go!!!! Not worth the price and look nothing like the pictures. The lobby is always so crowded and out of order, which gave me a bad first impression. Overall old and crappy feeling. Even the pool is dirty...

Nothing really.

Phantom of the Opera for Christmas
    • Superior King Room

Had to park in a parking garage, no valet service.

Great location! Visit was based around Phantom of the Opera tickets, was within walking distance of many sites and landmarks.

Great location!

What these rooms are missing is the normal amenities expected in a 4 star hotel in a prime location: The mini-bar had been removed; the coffee maker was gone; the closet doors were gone, replaced by a curtain. The box spring is gone - the beds are mattresses on a platform and the pull out sofa bed could do with an upgrade. No USB charging but plenty of sockets in rather in accessible locations under the table though!

Great location! Very easy going staff who were on hand when you needed them. Perfect for local restaurants/diners and local grocery store on 57th (that does great take away food too!). For us it was okay but it is a pretty sparse setup in the rooms and does have a hostel setup about it. If you are after 4 start hotel comforts then look elsewhere but as a place to stay in New York and be close to the park and Midtown it suited us really well!

This hotel has modified at least some of its rooms to...
    • Superior King Room

What these rooms are missing is the normal amenities expected in a 4 star hotel in a prime location: The mini-bar had been removed; the coffee maker was gone; the closet doors were gone, replaced by a curtain. The box spring is gone - the beds are mattresses on a platform. Even the bath mat was missing - needed to use a hand towel as a substitute. And the most obvious millenial upgrade - a USB charging port for a mobile phone - was missing. I still needed to pull out the charger along with the USB cable. In my view, this hotel has it wrong, and I'll be looking elsewhere.

This hotel has modified at least some of its rooms to satisfy a new millenial design objective that does not interest me, and the millenial formatted rooms are not provided with any warnings when you book them. They are upgraded hostel rooms. The rooms are clean, sparse, simple.

location is excellent!
    • Superior King Room

room size comfortable but very old and not well maintained -rooms can benefit from an update! mini bar didnt work and smelled bad, asked to be replaced, and it wasn't taken away or cleaned.

location is excellent!

Staff was really nice and helpful.

It is a popular hotel, so lines for elevators and restaurants.

Staff was really nice and helpful. Room was spacious and clean, and we got a free upgrade.

I was defrauded.
    • Superior King Room

The hotel was old, it was not five star and the rate was substantially higher than what I could have gotten on my own.

I liked nothing about the hotel. Both booking.com and the Hotel lied about the Hotel being a five star. This hotel was nothing more than a 3 star. I contacted both booking and the hotel as soon as I arrived and booking never got back to me. The Hotel offered To move me but one Hotel employee told me that he room that they wanted to move me to was not much better and that Hotel was Long overdue for a remodel. I will make sure my voice is heard by consumers. I am certain I am not the only one in this situation.

Great location, efficient staff but overall poor quality/value for money.
    • Superior King Room

Several negatives and we will not stay at Le Parker Meridien again. In fact, it does not deserve the star rating that it has been given or the room tariff. We were booked for four nights. On the first night we arrived late at around 11.30 pm and were told that we were being upgraded to a Junior Suite. Although the Junior Suite was large, it was like a store room for old furniture. The next day we asked to be moved to a different room and were moved to a room on the 29th floor with a view of Central Park. 1. The second room did not have proper curtains, only net curtains. The light from a neighbouring high-rise construction site was very bright, and it was simply too bright in the room at night. As we had already been moved once and this room was classed as a park-view room, we didn't request another room. However, our quality of sleep at night was very poor. 2. There was no tea/coffee making facility, although after requesting a kettle we were provided with one. 3. There was also no fridge in the room and again after a requesting one, it was provided. 4. The bed was comfortable, however, the pillows were of very poor quality. 5. The hotel did not provide even a bottle of complimentary water (in our experience most 3, 4 or 5 star hotels in the UK do). 6. The room and all it's decor and furniture looked very tired and in need of an upgrade. Although the room was clean and cleaned daily, the poor decor made everything look "grubby". In fact, this was the general impression throughout most of the hotel.

The room (and bathroom) were clean. The sheets and towels were changed daily. The staff in particular the reception staff and concierge were very friendly, helpful, prompt and efficient. For me this was the most positive aspect of our stay at the hotel. Also the location is perfect and in close proximity to most tourist interests.

Pleasurable experience, great staff and perfect location.
    • Superior King Room

Would love to have a coffee machine in the room

This is my second time staying at this hotel in the past five years. It’s a great location to Central Park a short walk to time square. You are fine plenty of places to shop and eat with in walking distance.

We really enjoyed our stay and the location was great! Our suite was plenty of room for our family.

The hotel was amazing and the staff was great. The location can't be beat for the price and we were only steps away from the thanksgiving parade. However, I was very disappointed when we arrived and were told they could not locate our reservation. The lady at the front desk said this is a reoccurring issue with booking.com and they had to make some adjustments to get my family of 6 into the suite that we had reserved. Luckily the hotel was very accommodating, but I probably will not trust booking.com with my reservation again. On a holiday weekend, this would have been a very bad situation if the hotel could not have accommodated my family with 4 small children.

Convienent location to parade
    • Superior King Room

There were no double queen beds. I traveled with my husband and 2 young children. I had to get a roll bed.. I booked online and had the options for 2 queen beds but when I arrived at 5:00 ( check in only started at4) there were no double queens.

Friendly staff and quick service along with location

Awesomeness!
    • King Room with Park View

We live in NYC but wanted to go see the parade in the early morning without being cramped in a crowd so we stayed for a day. We loved the park view from our room. It was easy to walk out to see the parade and come back to the room since we felt a bit chilly out. The swimming pool on the rooftop was top-notch with a great view of the city. My family enjoyed it very much.

Will not stay here again
    • Superior King Room

Right from the Internet selection process to the room. Which was hot and stuffy to the lack of even basic amenities like coffee machine and water bottle.

Nothing besides the location

I got to hang with my grandson and his mom in NYC. He and I swam at night before bed.

The room was nothing like the photos. It was uncomfortable. The TV on the wall was almost broken. No coffee maker. No little microwave. Tiny crappy refrigerator with an odd assortment of beverages which had nothing to do with the price list, which we had to look for. The staff was unpleasant and not much help at all. I am grateful that I have lived in Manhattan. I picked for easy geography and that's all I got for the money. You get better service and care (and even sheets) Holiday Inn and Sheratons and Hiltons. At check out I had to report the verbal altercation we had with a staff member which was so unnecessary. I've worked in service, unacceptable behavior.

The pool and it's view.

Great location, Walking distance to the park, the MOMA and...
    • Superior King Room

The rooms are very old fashioned, the AC does not always work

Great location, Walking distance to the park, the MOMA and the area. Very nice rooftop pool. Staff was nice.

Out toilet was clogged upon arrival from previous guest and...

Out toilet was clogged upon arrival from previous guest and to be totally removed and replaced while my 5yr old daughter had to go. Also shame on the price of a poor cold unmelted kids grilled cheese samdwich at that price. Disgraceful.

Beautiful hotel. Great location and EXCELLENT staff. Jia at the front desk was amazingly helpful.
    • Superior King Room

The rooftop pool was a germy, cloudy mess on a Sunday night, full of kids and probably pee. Went up there for a swim and it was unswimable. Lose hair strand attached itself to my hand. Totally grossed out., had to get out. Changing rooms weren't too pristine either. Maybe have an adults only hour or two option for some days, certain hours? And clean the pool!! Also, burger joint in lobby doesn't fit the hotel's esthetique. Didn't really work for wheelchair accessible person that needed a nice meal in the evening. Would be a great help if the website was updated. Says drybar will do service in rooms when they no longer. The only con in an otherwise beautiful hotel with no problems.

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The STAFF is so wonderful, super accommodating, friendly. Rooms are clean and beds so comfy. Quiet and relaxing. Room service comes quickly. Location top notch. Hair and nails spa in the building!! Food is delicious. Very happy with the room and staff. Everyone helped us from the bellman to the security guard, room service, front desk, to house keeping. Very grateful.

The view from the pool and room.
    • King Room with Park View

My flight from Paris arrived at 8:50 am and I had a very important meeting for lunch. I asked my assistant to call (a week before) to ask if I could have an earlier check-in than 3:00 pm and that I was willing to pay an extra. They gave me two options: 500US$ (which is almost twice the price of what I paid for the night!) or to pay 12$ to use the spa to shower (at least!) before the check-in time. This is a joke for a hotel that tries to be a luxury one. Clearly a cheap business hotel attitude.

The view from the pool and room.

Clean hotel, but nothing special, just "okay". I would not stay here again.
    • Superior King Room

There was no tub in the room, the hallways were very dark, with no air conditioning, little things didn't work for example the key cards, the light in the closet, the hairdryer, controlling the room temperature, there were too many light switches to turn on/off instead of one central override for the entire room.

Centrally located, walking distance to Times Square, Columbus Circle and 5th Avenue shopping.

Nice place for a short stay of a family of 6.

I didn´t like that they didn´t have a coffee maker. However, startbucks was right across the street. I didn´t like that it cost over $50 to store my van and then it took over 30 minutes to get it back when we were ready to leave :-(

The Junior Suite was great size for a family. For a family of 6, we could of used a bit more space but we made it work. We brought an extra air mattress and we had a smaller child who begged us to use one of the spacious closest, with a curtain door, as a ¨private¨bedroom. LOL!!! It was in a good location for going to other cost effective and child friendly restaurants.

Great location, good ambience. Shame the fitness and pool only geared to leisure at weekends.
    • Superior King Room

I was there for a conference which started at 8am - over the weekend. I booked somewhere with a pool and gym. Neither opened until 7am at the weekend which meant I couldn't use either for the time I was there - very disappointing.

The concierge made really good dining recommendations (quick, healthy, tasty, local) exactly what we asked for. Clearly knew where to go and was enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge - a stand out personality.

Many other opportunities in new york for this range of price!
    • Superior King Room

Old, smelly, dark, cold, anonymous, expensive, room service out of reason (46 dollars for a pizza, seriously????), this hotel has a big potential but is stuck in the90's! Need to move to modernity! Almost 1100 dollars for 2 nights and you need to pay 15 doll for gym and pool, and ... breakfast not included...

i found a crockroach in my room when arriving, they moved me to a bigger room.

Generally good after rooms were upgraded. Excellent location.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast could be included in room rate. Booking wasn't on hotel system on our arrival which delayed check in considerably when it was already late evening and we had flown from London to New York.

Location, cleanliness, pool, and friendly staff...amazing stay!
    • Superior King Room

Enjoyed the rooftop pool...warm, and amazing view! Most of all though, we really loved the wonderful staff. EVERYONE was friendly, helpful, and treated us like family, though we were only there for 2 days! The location was perfect, and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Great location, amenities but expect dated rooms and so-so service.

Cons: Rooms - totally outdated decor, think 70's which is off-brand from majestic lobby Pool - decor dated and furniture worn down Pool rooftop - looks like a nice bar and lounge on website - just a deck to layout with old lounge chairs Bar/Lounge service - poor, had to sit and wait for the waitress to stop visiting with other customers and she seemed annoyed to serve us. Vending - ice machine broken on our floor, held together with duck tape - took stairs to next floor down past service elevators which was filthy with an old roll-up cot and dirty dishes on the floor, gross. Overall: Not much in the area with a pool for kids, so we were a bit stuck on this choice. If you have a couple more hundred to spend a night, upgrade to Park Hyatt or Peninsula. You will pay for the location, but not great rooms and dated decor.

Pros: Location - blocks to Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, Public Transportation Pool - great view of Central Park, huge perk if traveling with kids Lobby - beautiful Bar/Lounge - beautiful with a retro vibe

Hotel pretty central, staff efficient and will do all they can to help you if you have a problem.
    • Superior King Room

It is a lovely hotel but in places the décor is looking a little tired.

when we arrived we were shown to our rooms unfortunately one guest was placed next to a room with continuous screaming children so asked to b e moved to another room. The hotel accommodated him and moved him to another room apart from that our stay was good. The pool is a must after a day's sightseeing.

Great birthday weekend in the city and we were able to swim

The sofa bed isn't comfortable at all. I don't like having to walk off property to get morning coffee. I'm Not a fan of room service so we ended up at Starbucks (2nd time we have stayed here and second complaint about no coffee maker in room)

The Bell captain Eric and his staff made us feel super special. They greeted us every time we entered and left the hotel. They knew it was my daughter's birthday . Eric sent up a tray of cookies to our room with a sweet note. That made it really nice .

The fact that i was charged tax on top of the rate i was...
    • Superior King Room

The fact that i was charged tax on top of the rate i was quoted with booking.com i would much prefer to know the price including tax before i book. I now understand that it is like this everywhere in the USA but i do not like it.

Great position in New York

Pool was foul.....In summer they need to open windows...... maybe if possible renovate the pool into a bigger space. Also renovate the deck chair area ....it's like being in the middle of an industrial zone. A pool in New York in summer is a must....but this pool was awful....having a pool was one of the reasons we stayed there.

Location was great, rooms fantastic!

I will not use again!
    • Superior King Room

One Chinese staff at front desk was so mean. She denied my corporate credit card which I have never seen in any other hotels of New York, and requested all cash payment. So, I had to withdraw all lump-sum money(think about high hotel fee...). Also, my colleague did not bring hotel key when he exercised at Central Park. The thing is that key itself was already not working, and that Chinese staff rejected to call me in the room or change the key or follow the hotel staff to fix it, or whatever. So, he couldn't enter the room for over an hour. Also, hotel housekeeping always knocked the door before 9am everyday, and asked when you are leaving. For two nights, I got three 'check-out' request email although she requested cash payment in check-out. So poor management...

Traditional style

Pleasant but not exceptional. However I would stay there again.
    • Superior King Room

In my business travels I've stayed at several five diamond or five star hotels in the United States, Europe and the United Kingdom. Compared to my other experiences, this location was not exceptional. One example, there was a curtain instead of the closet door where we hung out clothes. I thought this was a bit tacky for a 300+ dollars per night hotel. Also there was no direct plug-in options to power my Phone and other devices. Most hotels at this level would have USB ports.

Concierge Andy he was great. My wife forgot to pack a pair dress shoes and we needed to make a late run to Macy's. Andy was very helpful in helping us figure out how to solve our problem. Andy searched options and connected us with direct transportation to get to Macy's before they closed.

Charming adjustment
    • Superior King Room

The original room tiny and sad. Do not book a basic room !!

The great service of the manager adjusting my room. The first room was sad and dated though very high floor. The second room for a little more money was brilliant !!

Convienently Located near major attractions but quiet.
    • Superior King Room

No rooms with two full size beds, but a comfortable rollaway was available for third person in the room.

Very convenient walk to Central Park, Broadway theaters, and Times Square. 1/2 block from yellow line subway to downtown (about 20 minute ride to 9/11 Museum and Battery Park).

Friendly staff at check-in.
    • Superior King Room

No coffee machine in the room, but there is a coffee shop across the street.

Friendly staff at check-in. We arrived late in the evening, however the Burger Joint was open until midnight and this was the perfect dinner...great place for quick hamburger and fries! The room was comfortable the hotel staff upgraded our room without extra cost because an upgraded room was available. Location was great for us because we wanted to be near Central Park; easy walk to the subway, however. WiFi seemed strong enough for our needs. Approximately 20-25 min walk to Times Square and Broadway theaters.

More business than pleasure
    • Tower Junior Suite

The decor in our room was outdated and bland. We were expecting more on the interior design front. It is definitely a business oriented hotel-- would not recommend for design aficionados.

Great location and delicious burgers in the lobby
    • Superior King Room

Dim halls, dated decor, little attention to detail. They are not striving for perfection, but it's clean and central.

Great location and delicious burgers in the lobby

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Superior King Room

Room was cold & instructions not to adjust air conditioning but to contact hotel staff. Hotel engineer was unable to make room warmer. Pool and internet additional cost of $15 service charge per day, on top of already far from cheap room charge, which was bizarre. The ability to make a cup of coffee or tea in room would have been a distinct advantage..... only other option in hotel $6 + tax / tip for espresso in bar. Not even a bottle of complimentary water provided. These things that even most mid- range priced hotels seem to manage would have made a big difference to overall impression.

Location was good. Bed was comfortable and room was a good size. The shower gave a good blast of water. The cleaning people did a good job every day. The lifts showed cartoons / Chaplin movie clips which was a nice touch. The building itself looks good inside.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Excellent eggs benedict.
    • Superior King Room

Long wait for breakfast. There doesn't seem to be priority for hotel guests. Thankfully food was good.

Excellent eggs benedict. Great spa. Amazing view from pool.

D+

Room was dirty and I don't feel like housekeeping did anything but make the bed. Mini fridge didn't work, drain was clogged in bathroom sink, iron did not work. There was no vent in the bathroom and you had to call the front desk to adjust the room temp, as you couldn't adjust it yourself in the room. Took forever for them to respond. I would never stay here again. I would book one of the 8 other hotels that are right around the corner.

Location was ideal for getting to the major attractions in the west side/midtown. Lobby was beautiful. Additional amentities were nice as well.....nail salon, spa, workout facility.

Not impressed given the cost.
    • King Room with Park View

I didn't like not having any tea/coffee making facilities in my room costing £350 a night. I also didn't like not having any bath robes.

Staff were great, roof top pool fantastic and location also excellent.

Location is excellent!
    • Superior King Room

We booked a room for 2 adults and a 12 yrs old but roll away bed didn't fit and we had to sleep in one (king) bed. Room temperature was hot.

Location is excellent! Staff at front desk and bell boy very efficient and helpful.

I will not stay in this hotel, ever!

The AC was not working and manager explained that opening windiws would do the work, since out side was cold, but the noise of ambulances, fire trucks,etc. did not helped to have a pleasant night ever. Asked for a discount and came with $ 25.00 discount only.

Great location but overpriced and parking is insanely expensive.
    • Superior King Room

The parking was unnecessarily expensive. I had asked for a room with two beds and was issued a king room. When I showed the woman at the front desk my reservation she told me I must have selected the wrong thing and that there was nothing she could do to accommodate my request. She was irritating and insistent.

One of my FAVORITE hotels anywhere

I. Love. LE PARKER MERIDIEN NEW YORK!! The location is perfect; right between Central Park and Time Square. Easy walk to the Theater District and the beautiful park just steps away. We stayed in the Junior Suit and I questioned whether I would want to return home after being there. The look is modern without being stuffy. The shower is roomy and the room was set up so comfortably. The workout facility is PHENOMENAL! The best gym I've had access to staying at any hotel. (But don't rely on Bluetooth for your music or workout plan because the reception in the gym is spotty.) The views from the pool are jaw dropping. And we even loved the elevators that entertain you with Tom & Jerry and Charlie Chaplin rather than one more talking head news show. The staff is terrific and there are so many wonderful restaurants nearby as well as a shopping plaza. We will be back to NYC in June and I booked Le Parker Meridian again.

Living off a great location
    • Superior King Room

Check in took over 39 minutes. Housekeeping never came one day. And we were out from 10am to 12am all day. Never told of any service breakfast anything. We asked about wifi.

Great for families but room for improvement in the shower experience.
    • Superior King Room

Checkin process did not go smoothly and the shower pressure was too low. At Checkin, somehow it was under my wife's name although I know I logged in and got confirmation myself. This was disappointing as it was supposed to be a surprise for her birthday. Second taking a shower was not enjoyable as I am used to high powered refreshing showers especially in hotels which this was not.

Very family friendly hotel with Tom & Jerry playing in one of the elevators that my son loved! Also rooftop pool was very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Bad Hotel, with Bad service at a very good location.
    • King Room with Park View

1. Cold rooms all the time. Every day we were asking to turn on the heating and the reply we got, was that the hotel is old and when it's hot outside (41 Fahrenheit/ 5 Celsius) the heating does not work. And all that with a rude attitude. We were supplied with a portable heater however, but we did not visit meridien for that. 2. No amenities whatsoever in the room. Only the basic shampoo and shower gel. And a plastic curtain in the bathroom.(?) Don't expect anything else here. 3. One day we caught the cleaning lady, while she was cleaning the room and the pillows where placed on the floor. 4. We got wrong directions from the concierge one time while snowing. Another time we got a great advice to find what we were looking for -on our own- in the internet. 5. We were spending our time to try to clarify why they did Not get the payment and the payment was not declined due to any serious problems, but because the name on the card and signature was not visible to their satisfaction. Something that they should have taken care of in 30 mins. At least that's what - an even 3 star hotel- would do. Finally they found out that payment was made alright. 6. We tried to check the possibility of checking out earlier if it was needed due to nor'easter storm and there was no person in charge to handle this responsibly. 7. Breakfast coupons was a joke. They dont even have machine/filtered coffee. 8. There isn't really a restaurant in this hotel just a burger joint. 9. The staff in the hotel is rude. It's really just a dissapointment.

Very good location.

Great location/not so great elevators
    • Tower Junior Suite

Horrible elevators-3 elevators beteween floors 23-45 and one or two out of order for 3 days we were there. Long line/wait to get in and out. Unaccectable for a hotel that charges these prices.

Not so great
    • King Room with Park View

Check in takes forever the front desk is extremely slow. Elevators take forever to get upstairs and always had a line to get on. Room was clean not a great view for the price. Valet was herendous- they could not find my car for approximatelty one hour. Check out was just as slow at the front desk.