Reviews of Le Pavillon Hotel 4 stars

833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States of America

#91 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

Nice location and I would stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were nice but EVERY DAY we had to call for towels and wash clothes bc housekeeping forgot to leave them. Also they should think abt getting microwave in a common area so guests can reheat stuff.

Good location and very friendly staff. The hotel is beautiful and the beds are comfortable

I liked the convenient location of the hotel and the...

I didn’t like that there was no microwave anywhere in the facility to warm my leftovers up!

I liked the convenient location of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff.

The location, buffets, and the late night snack.

The cost of the room compared to what it really cost without an event going on. The property did not convey the extra charges that would be added and ran my card for those charges without my consent. Yes, I read the fine print and it was not there.

The location, buffets, and the late night snack.

Great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The accommodations and the rooms were very comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. I also loved the peanut butter and hot chocolate social.

Nice, comfortable stay.

The cost of parking should be disclosed or at minimum a warning that it could cost up to $40 per night. This alone will cause me to find a suburban location. There was not a mini bar. I really like mini bars. A call to room service was required for ICE. Really?

The bedding was fabulous and the pbj sandwiches cannot be missed. The room, though a little on the small side was fully equipped.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom is tiny. Also, we tried to contact the front desk about a question we had. We called three times with no answer. That was a bit frustrating.

Great location. We were in town for a concert at the Smoothie King Center, and it was super convenient. Easy to get to the quarter, as well.

Captivating Pearl of Glamour in the Vieux Carré!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower pressure goes low after about 5 mins automatically. The toilet ran in our room when we're arrived, but was an easy fix. Parking was $42 whether valet or self-park at the hotel's lot, but there are parking lots a few blocks up (within walking distance) for only $15 to $20 a day, so you are allowed to unload at the hotel and park elsewhere.

The staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable, and friendly, and the hotel itself is a stunningly gorgeous pearl of glamour! The price was very reasonable. They have affordable room service, and there's also other great restaurants nearby to visit and some deliver as well! The little PB & J and milk bar/hot chocolate nightcap is so adorable. The security staff was very helpful & professional as well. Canal, Bourbon, and Royal St. are all within about a 10 min walk. The security guards and bartender recommended a few great local late night eats that were definitely on point! I thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations, and would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the area.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Room/ bathroom very small. Outdated walls and carpentry. Bathroom wasn't clean. Leaking faucet, ceramic tile had fallen from wall, toilet paper holder was "hanging" loosely on wall. Very dusty. Sunday brunch wasn't worth the price.

Staff very friendly and helpful

It was almost perfect.

I was not told Brunch was $ 50 per person. I had already fixed my plate and had to leave it on the table after the staff came to tell my friends and I. I was so embarrassed.

The bed felt amazing!

Beacutiful accomodations in a central location

Parking was a bit expensive to keep the car overnight and when we went to check out, we were told there was a boot on the car. The situation was resolved swiftly however parking seemed a bit expensive.

The décor and atmosphere was beautiful, comfortable and clean. the rooftop pool was a great way to start off the day relaxing before heading out to explore. Location was great being a 15 min walk to either the French Quarter or River Walk.

Had a great time at this hotel and would absolutely come back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were surrounded by three rooms of what seemed like a bachelorette party (either side of our room and across the hall) -- really loud ladies screaming and yelling at all hours of the night. While staff was responsive when we had to call down two nights in a row! out of our 6 night stay, you would think they would keep a party like that together, and not have them surround other guests and disturb their stays.

Le Pavilion is a beautiful hotel in a great location in NOLA. Loved our room and the PB&J service every night was a really lovely touch. They were also accommodating and let my friend check in when she arrived a few hours before me, even though the reservation was under my name.

It was an amazing stay looking forward to coming get back.

Nothing I didn’t like.

I loved the location and how close everything was but enough where you could sleep and have a good nights rest. I loved the ammentites of the hotel the grand feeling everything was great including the staff. Pool hours were great as well as the fitness center.

It was beautifully decorated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sinks were slow to drain and sometimes we couldn’t get enough hand towels and wash cloths.

It was beautifully decorated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating from the valet to the front desk to the lounge to the housekeeping. We will definitely stay there again if we go back to NOLA.

Loved our stay. We’d come again! Recommended here for sure!!

In the middle of my shower on our last morning there, while soap everywhere....water shut completely off 3x, and came back on each time after about 20-30 seconds....was super cold each time.....guess it woke me up. Haha!

The beds....Oh My Goodness! Love! Staff is super friendly and helpful! The hotel was clean. Rooms were small but nice, a little pricey but great location, out of the main madness but still within walking distance to everything. Ms. Pam in the hotel lounge was AWESOME!!! Give that lady a raise!!

bathroom was horrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the hotel needs to be cleaned and the staff needs to start being nice to people

bathroom was horrible. Had to leave many towels on the ground to keep the water going all over since it was designed horribly for showering

It’s a beautiful property and the room is very physically...

It was very cold in the hotel especially our room and aligned me where we had to venture. A little pricey.

It’s a beautiful property and the room is very physically comfortable except that we could not get the temperature over 72°. For us, that is cold and I don’t understand why you waste your power like that. We could not turn off the air-conditioning. Even when it was actually off on the control, the reenlist still 72° in air blowing. The lobby was frosty cold.

For the most part the staff are very friendly minus a few hiccups we enjoyed our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was hair all over the room, the shower was leaking on to the bathroom floor, the bathroom was very small, there is no container to put ice in, the bathroom door handle fell off, the elevator was tiny, the beds were very small and the room lighting sucks.

We loved the helpful staff.

Beautiful historic hotel with fantastic staff in a.great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Water was spittle unpredictable in the shower regarding pressure. Once stopped complete for about a minute during my shower

Property was beautiful and staff was outstanding

Was very nice until I received the bill, so people never change your dates once booked.

Read last portion of the above. I told u what I liked, then what I didn't like because it was never allowing me to scroll to this part of the survey.

Bed was very comfortable,quite hotel, friendly and helpful staff.Beautiful lounge and Dining Room. PB\J sandwiches and hot chocolate were a nice touch. What I didn't like, was the fact I had to change my arrival day from a Monday to a Tuesday due to the fact my Mothers atty changed the date and time that we had to go hear the reading of her Will and settle the estate which happen to be the day we had planned to leave for New Orleans. My rates were good until I had to change, then you upped the rates from $152 to 170.10 for first two days, then upped 3rd day from 188.30 to $259.00 these were not even weekend rates, which I know if they are wknd rates they are always higher. That's why I booked during the middle of the week. Then I pay at the desk, go home and find a charge of $660.00 pending against my bank acct - told by booking.com that this was to make sure my cc could afford to pay, and that in 3 to 5 business days this will go away. This has not made me happy at all, and my husband and I will never ever stay at Le Pavillon again.

Yea. We had no phone line the whole trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Yea. We had no phone line the whole trip. And when they said it would be fixed it wasn't. A lot of things got messed up on my account cause I was charged too much from the beging. 3x too much. So my account went into over draft and caused issues with my bank. And for 2 days I had no spending money on my vacation because of this. And their solution. 2 free drink tickets. I felt so much anxiety and stress when I was on vacation. I've been to plenty of hotels where they would comp a day or two or some kind of fees. Waste of close to 1900. Wouldn't stay here again.

From start to finish this was an incredible trip and hotel!

Because hotel is old we did hear pipes in bathroom throughout the night. It’s to be expected in a hotel that old. Nothing we couldn’t deal with.

The PB&J and hot chocolate each night was a sweet touch. I loved that we were staying in a historic hotel but our room had been renovated. Just the way I like it! Rooms were very clean. Bed was super comfy.

Would not return or recommend this hotel.

Concierge Ill informed, had no idea of local events for the 300 anniversary of New Orleans, sent us to a local restaurant for a lite lunch that was closed. Left our room at 10 A.M. and returned at 4:pm to find our room had not been cleaned, called the front desk to report and could not get back into our room until 5:30. The drain in the bathroom sink broke twice and the gray water could not be drained on two different days. Order a bagel with cream cheese, as described on the menu, was served plain burnt bagel. Dining room was set up for a weekend brunch and left unattended by staff, people walked in from the lobby and ate fresh cut fruit with their hands and took rolls from the display before making a swift retreat.

Great service, and location was accessible to all NOLA attractions.

The staff were very accommodating, Taj went above and beyond to help us celebrate our honeymoon- exceptional customer service. The hotel has a tradition of PB&J sandwiches and hot chocolate of an evening - a very cute touch!

Good stay in an exceptionally beautiful historic hotel.

No problems.

Nice mattress. Clean room but the historic hotel was the first reason for booking. Just a beautiful old hotel. The staff was helpful and very pleasant.

Will never stay there again...

Check in was not helpful.....we arrived at 10:00 am and wasn’t able to check in until close to 4:00 pm after being told before I booked reservations that early check in was doable. The wait staff as well as the restaurant food service was not up to par. It took forever to place an order as well as receive our food. I had No hot water and the tub was not usable...the make up mirror light was not working in addition to the toilet paper holder was broken. I had to call Security both nights we were there because of fighting and screaming in the hallways throughout the night.

The bed was comfortable

Enjoyed our stay

We had valet parking which cost $40.00 a day. We were leaving very early and whywe came down to leave they couldn’t find the attendant to go get our car. I had extra keys so I went and got car but we still couldn’t leave due to our other keys being locked up in their building. We weren’t the only ones waiting.

The peanut butter and jelly at night. The doorman was very nice. Everyone was very friendly.

Charged us twice the price of the room without permission to...

Charged us twice the price of the room without permission to do so. Currently trying to sort out this mess but staff seemed like it wasn’t a big deal. I will not be staying in this hotel ever again!

Fabulous hotel and terrific city!

There's no room service.

Clark took great care of us when our room wasn't quite up to par. He switched us to a larger room, sent a birthday gift of chocolate covered fruit and wine and made an adjustment on our bill. I will highly recommend Le Pavillon to anyone traveling to NOLA. Thank you Clark and staff!

Nice, historic hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was broken. Wifi so slow it was practically useless. Water would stop middle of a shower. Had to keep asking for toilet paper after room was cleaned.

Nice, historic hotel

Overall I it as ok, I wouldn't rush to book it again.

For a notable hotel I honestly expected more, the very next day after arriving the water was shut off and received no notice about and the cable wasn't working.

In a wonderful location and it was a gorgeous hotel.

Disappointing.

There was no bottled water in the room, not even such that one could pay for it. There were no glasses in the room for use in the bathroom. Even though I called down for glasses, I never received them during my three day stay. There was no business center so I could not print out anything or use a computer when mine failed.

The staff were great, very friendly, the rooms were very classic, old school, great location.

Wonderful stay in the Heart of the city

Wrinkled sheets looked like they'd been slept on. I'm sure they weren't but YUCK ?

We loved almost everything. The late evening PBJ sandwiches and Chocolate milk were a nice touch.

Quiet but easy short walk to the centre of New Orleans

Hot water not available one morning, rang to ask when it would be back on again, would have been nice to have the call saying it was not available.

Bed was very comfy

Honorific
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were old socks from the previous people still in the room, shower leaked, hot water faucet wasn't mounted to the sink, toilet seat didn't stay up and lost all water pressure.

Only the location was good.

We'll most definitely return on our next trip to New Orleans!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our stay was awesome! From the friendly valet service, to the welcoming concierge staff, to efficient guest service, and to a very convenient location, our experience far exceeded our expectations!

Overall, we loved Le Pavillon and we look forward to returning next time we are in town!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool could have been a bit cleaner. Given the rooftop location and wind, some debris is to be expected but more regular skimming seemed to be in order.

The hotel is beautiful and has a rich and interesting history. All of the staff, from bellman, valet, front desk, concierge and housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms elegantly decorated. With its location close enough to the French Quarter for walking, but far enough to be out of the fray, it was perfect for our family trip.

I was very disappointed in this hotel.

Arrived in the afternoon for one night stay. Checked in - went to room 217 - found water on bathroom floor and cold water sink facet not working - Went downstairs and staff gave us another room, Went to dinner -returned to room 219 - found that TV wouldn't work - called front desk and they sent someone - person stated it was remote - returned with another remote - didn't work- returned with new tv - didn't work -after 30 minutes found problem with cable box -- very disappointed in this hotel

Great location for my business trips

One of the best overall hotels not on not on Bourbon...ask for Jessica, Westly, and Pamela 👍(great)

I didnt like the drinks at the bar as they were over priced and a few chandelierms in my room would not illuminate as the bulbs needed changing. This was not major enough to reduce my impression as not many go to New Orleans to drink at one bar nor stay in the room all day..

I love my room. I stayed in the French Suite Rm 430. The bedding was excellent. I left at 6:30am for breakfast and return to a spotless clean room at 8am. I love this entire hotel. I was even blessed to arrive to a free drink voucher😊😊😊😊

Unless they address & correct the difficulties we encountered, we will never stay there again, sadly

There were so many we will not address them here. We fully explained them to the hotel manager.

Ambience of the hotel was just as we expected. We wanted a hotel that would reflect the culture of the area and it certainly does. Most of the hotel staff were very friendly. Really enjoyed the updated bathroom. Shower faucet & toilet paper holder were surprisingly & practically placed! First time experiencing that. It was refreshing.

Badly let down – avoid.

We arrived at the hotel after a 20 hour journey from the UK to find that their computer systems were down and they could not give us access to any room. We were told that the problem will be solved in 15 minutes. An hour and 1/2 later, when there was no sign of any progress and the evening was getting late, we left to find another hotel in New Orleans at considerable extra expense. Nearly 4 weeks later, we have received no apology from the hotel nor any explanation. I would not go within a mile of it again.

Nothing at all, as the hotel failed to honour our booking and left us to find somewhere else to stay late in the evening.

The staff of this hotel genuinely care about your visit to New Orleans.

Nothing. This hotel is wonderful.

Great experience. All three at the desk were so nice. A younger bellman stopped us and asked where we were heading, we said we weren’t sure. He went out of his way to stop us again on our way out and drew us a map with suggestions. So cool of him. Wish we remembered his name to give him a shout out. All the employees were genuine in wanting to help my wife and I make the most of our short stay!

Terrific location, very clean and comfortable. Wish the staff could be more welcoming.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is uneven. Whoever answers the phone, particularly in the morning, is surly at best. Some of the front desk people are warm, others don't even smile and hardly look at you. The buffet breakfast is disappointing (even though priced reasonably).

We appreciated how immaculate and beautiful the property was. The beds were heaven, and we liked having a refrigerator in the room. The doormen and the maids are terrific.

Excellent stay, great service, gorgeous hotel

The room was very nice with an exceptional bathroom. Loved the amazing soft pillows. The Hotel itself was beautiful. The Breakfast buffet was delicious with lots of variety.

Le Pavillioin is one of our preferred hotels.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Le Pavillioin is one of our preferred hotels. We usually go to NOLA in off season and get good room rates making the hotel one of the best bargains in the city.

Won't go back due to filth.

The whole place is filthy. Our room was not vacuumed & contained Mardi Gras trinkets from prior guests. The bathroom shelves, shower glass and woodwork in room and whole hotel had not been dusted/cleaned for a long time. So long, in fact, they were grimey. We were afraid to touch banisters, door handles, etc. We had no bath towells in room. Housekeeping management lacking. Housekeeper stepped into elevator talking on her phone so loud the rest of us had to stop talking. She was complaining about having to clean 17 rooms and telling whoever was on other end of phone how that doesn't work for her. We complained but were not offered any kind of resolution.

It's a beautiful, Historic Building. The roof top pool area is a nice area. Room service food was good, albeit very expensive for what we got.

Very enjoyable stay, would definately stay again if back in New Orleans

No ice buckets or ice available on floors. Had to call desk. No vending machine for drinks available on floors

Extremely lovely hotel, close to transportation and activities.

An out standing experience in a hotel that should be rated 5 star the staff fantastic

There could have been more towels and coffee pods/cups as the room holds 7 people but this was the only fault other than that it was an unbelievable outstanding experience and the next time I’m in New Orleans I would look at any other hotel other than this.

The rooms are so large by any hotel standards and the staff were so wonderful we decided up upgrade to a sweet so our whole family could be in the one room and it was outstanding.

Fun girls trip with a luxury feel.

Every single person on the staff from Lauren at the front desk to Matthew at the concierge was wonderful; super friendly and helpful. Lauren even loaned me an umbrella one rainy night.

Very nostalgic and fairly clean. You must reauest access to the roof area

Phones didnt work and the conseiere was pushy. Other then thT it was fine. Lots of history.

The building is beautiful but for the money the rooms are porrly equipt

Nice stay - would stay here again for a good price.

A couple of issues: No power one morning. Internet spotty. Shower broke but they repaired within an hour. Cleaning staff didn’t restock room completely.

Gorgeous hotel with very friendly staff and lovely rooms. Fantastic location. Loves the pb&j at night!!

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleanliness of our room did not meet my expectations.. On the second day, we had to call for someone to come and clean up our room. The only thing that was done was the beds were made. No new towels, trash still on floor, dust on surfaces which was disappointing.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were pleasant. I was pleased with the location of the hotel to other areas of New Orleans.

Extremely comfy bed.

Extremely comfy bed. Room was nice and clean. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the late night PB&Js with hot chocolate. It was such a special touch- and the story behind the tradition is very sweet. This was a staycation for us- thus we have plenty of opportunities to explore other hotels in Nola- however- the PB&Js might just bring us back for round 2!

Pleasant and comfortable with luxurious feel that is why room service was so disappointing

Room service is abominable. A $50 meal should not come in a paper bag with a plastic fork. Room service menu was dreadful considering what the hotel is capable of doing.

Restaurant food was great

Would stay there again! Hopefully it will not be so cold the next time!

Our room temperature was never comfortable! We cold our entire visit! We called and no one ever came!

The staff are beyond wonderful and so helpful! The cleanliness was good too.

I was very disappointed.

Valet parking was full so we had to find our own parking. The parking was one reason we booked there. We waited over an hour and a half to get to check in after check in time. Our room was not ready. Also we could not use our closet in our room because the knob fell off and no one came to fix it.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to walk a block after parking car. No valet parking since lot was full. Hotel lobby and dining room were cold.

Breakfast was great. Beds were very comfortable

The crystal room staff especially Frank provided excellent...

The hotel was cold and they told us there was a problem with the heating system. The room was not ready @ 3pm when we arrived and we had to wait about 30 minutes for room to be cleaned.

The crystal room staff especially Frank provided excellent service.

Nice hotel, butt bring your own towels
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed 3 nights. Hotel was out of towels for the first 2 so a family of 4 has to share 2 towels, 2 washcloths, and no hand towels. Also, initial room had soured carpet and we had to be moved.

Location, staff were excellent

That our beautiful hotel of over a decade is changing from...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That our beautiful hotel of over a decade is changing from an amazing historical place to a modern one! We spent the whole time saying good bye to it for our 10year anniversary. This change makes us never going back to that wonderful hotel. It’s a crime what the new owners are doing to it.

The on-site parking was full (even though we arrived at the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The on-site parking was full (even though we arrived at the beginning of check-in) so I had to park a couple of blocks away in a parking deck and they ran out (and never stocked) washcloths. A couple of minor pains that were the only tarnish on an otherwise great stay.

Been there. Done that. Not again.

We had a toilet leak and had to be moved to another room. It was smaller but we received no discount. The hotel lobby and restaurant was freezing cold.

The breakfast was really good.

It was a perfect place to stay in New Orleans

I liked everything. Reviews prior made us expect to learn about the hotel history and why they serve sandwiches but they simply put out food and stepped out of the way of the stampede of guests, understandably. I would have loved to have a non dairy version available for the cocoa, but the experience of being there was really fun.

The pb&j and hot cocoa were fantastic. The bar and bar staff were so friendly, accommodating and the most helpful to us to plan our next day and find places, also the food and drinks were the very best. Best staff I have ever experienced

My grandkids and family had an Awesome time there .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved everything great location for touring and exploring the city without needing a cab or any other assistance. Everything was in walking distance .

Everything was Great, the entrance and edifice on the inside were Beautiful . The rooms were emaculant, the beds were so comfortable and the staff were Awesome from beginning of stay until the end . Will highly recommend to others and will stay here again.

I give it a 8 out of 10

Our room was missing one of the slide glass door for the shower and our fridge didn't work

Bed and pillows wonderful room comfy.Didnt have time to eat

We honeymooned in NOLA and stayed at le pavillon and fell...

We honeymooned in NOLA and stayed at le pavillon and fell in love with both city and hotel. We have stayed there many times now throughout these past years and will come back and stay again and again. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and clean. And the pb&j’s and night are a great way to end the night before bed. We always look forward to that. We love the history of the building as well as the whole city too!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Wonderful stay ,wish it could have been longer.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a historical registry hotel so there are signs of wear and age. But the just adds to it's appeal.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The surrounding gave you the feeling of old south New Orleans. Old time luxury. And the late night PB&J snack provided in the lobby was just the thing to make you feel welcomed and at home.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Nice eclectic hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lobby’s heater doesn’t work so going in the winter was difficult. Also there was gum on one set of sheets. It was so bad that we got one night comp’d as a result.

Very nice staff and very eclectic rooms

hot water was a problem

hot water was a problem the water wasn't too hot and also became less warm after sometime the bathtub had only half of its glass door so after a shower the floor of the bathroom was full of water also the flush made a weird noise every time after we used it

Location, space of room and hallways
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our sink was not working properly and when letting front desk know upon arrival, it was never fixed. We had to pull the stopper out ourselves.

Location, space of room and hallways

Beautiful hotel would stay there again. Convenient to French Quarter.

We were celebrating our 50th Wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving day. Having a drink in the bar before dinner and bar tender overheard that we were celebrating an Anniversary and surprised us with cake and flaming drink!.

Would not stay here again.

The sink was broken The whole time, we asked them to fix it but it never worked. Rate included Wifi, but their wifi was broken the whole time. Had to go to a Starbucks down the street to work. Tv also worked in and off. We also noticed we booked the dates off by one day, they couldn't accommodate us for an extra night either. We had to go to another hotel for he last day of our trip. Far away from somethings, bar inside closes at 11 and there's nothing to do around there as everything closes at 11 around it.

Decor of place.

Would stay again! Loved the hotel and staff!

A few roust guests checked in for an annual rival college football game. Noisy at 3AM. Rest of stay was quiet and respectful.

Beautiful property! Great staff! Nice size rooms and rooms and hallways nicely updated as well as keeping with the old world charm of the historical hotel.

the concierge service was not polite, rude and no smiling at...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the concierge service was not polite, rude and no smiling at all. the cleanness of the room was really questionable: dust was everywhere and they only changed the towel without cleaning and adding new soap. For

Everything from the time we pulled up.

Everything from the time we pulled up. Everyone was so friendly and kind!!!! It was my 22nd wedding anniversary. The hotel surprise us when we got back with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!!!!!

NOLA NOV 2017

It was difficult to get ice to your room when asked for. Also had the ask for waah clothes every night.

Everything was clean and the staff was great. Hotel was centralized enough to walk every where you wanted to go.

Browse Le Pavillon Hotel traveller photo gallery