Reviews of Petit Ermitage 4 stars

8822 Cynthia Street, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA

#42 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Magical and mind bowing
    • Demi Suite

The night of Toledo Diamond showing people from outside of the hotel were there and made it difficult for guests to watch. This show was mind blowing and too knotch

The magical rooftop, luxury bed, le labo soap and so many little details that make this by far the best place we’ve ever stayed

Cosy
    • Demi Suite

They booked me a taxi telling that It would have been build on my card, and already set the address as I didn’t have cash and I had an early bus to Vegas booked. But the cab driver didn’t have machine and didn’t know where i was going...very unconfortable situation. My bed linen sheets looked used

Very Cosy and different, nice music shows

Brilliant
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

The WiFi doesn’t work well enough

The warm atmosphere The charm of Its rooftop and its decoration The food is very very good Kind and thoughtful people working there

The roof top pool and restaurant truly charming, one felt as if in LA and south of France
    • Executive Suite

I didn’t enjoy walking around the area , but we ubered to to other areas, very easy.

Charming , roof top pool is beautiful and cozy , yoga in the morning and fantastic breakfast after class by pool, very nice.

Reception staff weren't very helpful. The rooms were a bit tired and old. The valet service was erratic.

The rooftop was fantastic. Restaurant setting was lovely though food was expensive. The morning yoga was lovely.

Petit Ermitage - Small on Service
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Needs a complete make over, grubby, shabby and mouldy (in the bathroom). Rooftop was pleasant... however difficult to sit on day beds due to dusty/musty smell. The staff at check in and porters were nice and friendly ... however rooftop staff were totally different. Day 1 - I sat by the pool for almost one hour and no one asked if I needed anything, it was difficult to ascertain who was staff so also didn’t like to ask just anyone. In the end I went inside and ordered at the bar. Day 2 - after waiting outside again, my husband went inside to the bar and ordered drinks - only to be “told off” by staff for not setting up a tab first. This followed poor service when we sat in the restaurant. No water offered, no check mid meal to see if everything was ok... (food was great but we really would have liked another drink). In the end I went to the bar again and asked for drinks. The same waiter came over and served the drinks and proceeded to remove my now empty plate with a rather abrupt “done?”. He never came back to move the other plate and we were only able to ask for the cheque because he was begrudgingly serving someone else. All topped off with the expectation of 18% tip... We gave 10%... which was still too much to give. This ruined our stay. If you are having a bad day at work, don’t take it out on customers. Do yourselves a favour and go stay at the Standard!

Location and quirkiness

Great stay! Best rooftop!

The food was not great and neither were the portion sizes for the price.

I like the vibe and unique boutique feel of the hotel, but the best part is definitely the rooftop with the pool and beautiful views!

I loved the cool rooftop with the pool, bar & restaurant.
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Outside on the balcony was a really loud blower, which interrupted my sleep many times during the night. This was disappointing especially for the price I paid.

I loved the cool rooftop with the pool, bar & restaurant. A little oasis perfectly to recharge and to enjoy yourself. All the stuff was super friendly and provided my with a lot of tips for LA.

Lazy poolside sessions
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Some of the staff seemed either like they were bored, too cool to be there or just hating their job that day, others were really lovely. The gas fire place in room doesn’t turn off and was loud which kept waking me up and overheated room.

The pool area is fantastic with views over LA, live music and tarot readings on a Tuesday and a fireplace and blankets at night. The restaurant was beautiful especially for a romantic meal and the team in there were generally great. Food and drinks excellent. The hotel is more boutique, quirky and full of character. Appreciated being able to hang in a cabana until late as had a late flight.

FABULOUS!!

We came for my husbands 40th - just for a one night staycation. We felt like we were in Europe for the night it was absolutely exquisite. There was a little confusion at checkin about our reservation being cancelled but the front desk agent was amazing - I believe her name was Robyn. A few other names to mention - Jason by the pool, Alyssa- our waitress at dinner, Albert by the pool and Jay our front desk agent upon checkout. Everyone was fabulous and made us feel extremely VIP. Valet staff was also amazing. We are certain we are going to do this at this every couple months for our little getaway! Merci to all!!

Awesome hotel for those looking for a cool hangout in LA.
    • Demi Suite

Is not very low-key. Final bill was over what i would have expected. The pool is more decorative than practical.

Very cool and trendy hotel. Absolutely beautiful rooftop restaruant and pool area. Large, confirmatable and stylish rooms. Helpful staff. Events are hosting at the venue such as concerts, and outdoor movies.

Ambience excellent, front desk and restaurant staff mostly...
    • Demi Suite

Busboys and food runners at breakfast were openly and loudly cursing about someone. It was beyond unprofessional.

Ambience excellent, front desk and restaurant staff mostly great.

Lovely people on reception, but the valet people who met us...
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

Lovely people on reception, but the valet people who met us outside were asleep at the wheel. They could not tell us how to get to the airport from the hotel and treated us pretty badly - like we were pains. When you are paying USD$45 to park your car, in an area where there is no off or on street parking, I expect better. We had no choice but to use them and they knew it. I felt like they had their hands out for tips on a job they could not be bothered doing.

Very accommodating staff.
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

Very accommodating staff. When I needed something they were always accommodating. Quirky decor, not for those who like sleek and modern but I loved it. Felt very at home.

Nice little quiet spot in West Hollywood!

Noise was a little much. Street noise was loud, there was a speed bump plate that I heard every time a car went over it. And the walls and floors were not very discreet with noise transfer. Older building.

Room was huge! Walk in closet, balcony, kitchenette and table for dining, I even used the oven! Nice little gym too. Pool was gorgeous despite the rain I got.

The ambiance of the hotel itself was cute.
    • Executive Suite

The service at the rooftop restaurant. Staffs were friendly and nice but the service can be improve so I don’t have to wait for them to come and check on me.

The ambiance of the hotel itself was cute. I really liked it.

Everything about my experience here was exactly as I’d hoped...
    • Demi Suite

Everything about my experience here was exactly as I’d hoped it would be, and more. I chose this hotel because of the pictures of the rooftop, restaurant and the menu. The check in experience was quick and easy. We were given an amazing suite right next to the entry to the rooftop. The room itself was beautiful. Very homelike with any and every amenity you can think of. There was a complementary bottle of champagne left on ice with a note welcoming us, and telling us to enjoy. I believe this was left because i wrote that i was visiting here celebrating a birthday with my boyfriend. The bed was even more comfortable than mine at home, which is saying something because my bed is (what i thought) as good as it gets. I seriously considered taking the pillows, they are THAT comfortable! The restaurant was Beautiful, the food was delicious and the pool and lounge area were perfect for celebrating in a luxurious and low key environment. I will absolutely visit again.

By far the best hotel in LA - I can’t wait to go back.
    • Demi Suite

Every was super friendly (particularly Chris at the front desk - super helpful and charming), the rooftop is incredible- was up there everyday. The food is delicious, and they had a fun event going on every morning/night - yoga on the rooftop, movie night, even an in house artist gallery in one of the rooms!

Fabulous!?!
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Everything!!!!!!! Weloved the hotel and staff at restaurant so much that we never left the hotel, only stayed in! We were in love with the hotel and stafff!!!

Cozy and Delightful

What looked like the “manager” at the roof top restaurant, he forgot our breakfast, then I personally ordered a smoothie and he forgot that as well. And when he finally did bring it, not an apology or norhing. No manners.

Mostly everyone was very attentive and friendly. Rooms were clean and cozzy. Roof top is a sight to experience.

Coolest vibe
    • Demi Suite

It can get loud on fridays and saturdays - which is a good thing for me . Not a hotel for tourists or families with small kids

That’s my 3rd stay and for sure I will be back. That’s a really cool hotel with layed back atmosphere and an amazing roof terrace with a heated pool. That’s an amazing spot in terms of location, the rooms are with their own character. The staff is really great, very helpful. That’s a perfect for young creative adults. Perfect spot for you if you travel alone - always a lot of interesting people around and you can relax and work on your Max quiete by the pool in the morning. The breakfast is nice for the price and I loved it that there is a steamer in the room - so after unpacking my jackets were as if straight out of the dry cleaning .

The privacy of my room and the quiet were terrific
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

I ha three emails from Biiking.com that included s menu asking me if I wanted to make arrangements for both early check in and late check out. The hotel staff was completely unaware of this, and flatly denied the possibility of making such changes I received a confirmation that my request for early check in was granted but the staff was unwilling or unable to accommodate my request which resulted in an hour and a half of walking around the neighborhood until the stated 4 pm check in time.'my belongings were held during that time , and once I was formally checked in, there were no issues that took away from my brief stay. The hotel had many charming features, especially the Firedeck and Garden. The room, corridors and restroom were exceedingly dark. Maybe that is intentional and part of its cache. Kathy Davis

The privacy of my room and the quiet were terrific

Bohemian LOVE

Amazing location and totally hidden away behind vines and botanical beauty. A bohemian dream inside and out. Staff was very friendly. Rooms are spacious with details that make you feel at home instead of a hotel. Fireplace and terrace and the bed are just a few of my favorites. Rooftop pool and bar is so chic and calming.

Perfect location and really quaint. I would definitely stay again, but eat elsewhere.
    • Demi Suite

The food was just ok but very expensive. Cocktails were probably 1/2 usual volume; the rest was ice. When I asked them to cut the ice, I’d be surprised if the Old Fashioned had more than a few ounces of alcohol.

Very cute ambience. The room was quiet and the bed and pillows super comfy. Location was ideal

Enchanting hippy vibe

Breakfast disappointing : no fresh juices, not a lot of choice at the buffet

Funky terrasse , loved cheminey and swimming pool Great sense of humour in the decoration Incredibly comfortable bed and pillowwwwws : ) Goodies in the room .. so tempting Very practical parking (could be free : ) will come back !!

An exceptionally special, and beautiful hotel with lovely rooms, staff and amenities.
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Pizza on the dinner menu would be a bonus :)

Loved the overall vibe. Super kind staff. The hotel was romantic, cozy & homey. Upstairs deck was awesome, super chill and beautiful views. Definitely recommend

great place, not so great staff
    • Demi Suite

some of the personel – not all of them – are super-arrogant. typical weHo-I'm too good to do this-attitude. this is not fitting for a place in this range. friendly is the new cool, boys, better learn your lesson 42 bucks parking - just you know breakfast buffet not too rich... no bagels f.e.

Top Rooftop - lives up to its reputation cool original style great situation

Boutique hotel with character, very charming.
    • Demi Suite

Reception personnel is absolutely terrible, not professional at all. Any interaction with them was very complicated.

Boutique hotel with character, very charming. Nice rooms, and water pressure in the shower is fantastic!

Fine if you are a hipster
    • Demi Suite

It’s different to what I expected from the information provided on here web site. As it was only a quick one nighter it didn’t matter but if I’d booked longer I would h e left after the first night

Not much really. It I quirky and hip if you like those things. The website seems to me to make it sound more classic and exclusive. In fact it’s quite rock and roll

Quirky hotel with great rooftop but missing something for the high price.
    • Demi Suite

Pool is very small and food and hotel slightly over priced. We waited about an hour after we arrived to get our luggage delivered!

Quirky hotel and nice terrace upstairs. A unique experience. Good location off strip but in quiet area. Friendly staff who fixed problems quickly - TV wouldn't work, Coffee maker was broken and hair dry broke but all got fixed quickly.

Staff, housekeeping, location, attention to detail, cozy...

Staff, housekeeping, location, attention to detail, cozy vibe, understated luxury, quintessential west hollywood at it's very best. We stayed at Petit at our honeymoon, highest recommendation 5 stars

nice but too expensive
    • Demi Suite

what was described as exceptionally original was not much more than very nice decoration and the price is high (with dinner I spent 480 USD for one night!)

original decoration

I booked room for my wedding day and night.
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

I booked room for my wedding day and night. I solely stayed there for wedding pictures getting ready and for family (I live 10 mins away) on rooftop and in other common areas. I spoke with manager Natalie 2 wells prior and explained to her all details. She assured me it would be no problem as long as I took pics early on rooftop (which I paid photographer extra for) and other common areas in hotel other than rooftop were no problem ANYTIME. When my guests started arriving they told me I was only allowed 2 guests. (Then they made an "exception") then I was told I couldn't use the roof top, Natalie wasn't working nor did she tell anyone or put any notes of our conversation. The manager on rooftop had a terrible attitude and said I could take pics for 12 minutes. He was giving bad looks and disturbing us the entire time AND there was barely anyone on rooftop. My wedding day was amazing except for staying at this hotel which I previously loved!

• Demi King with Kitchenette

Some of the staff can be a little pretentious.

Roof top is amazing! Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Great location, loved West Hollywood. Recommend Dialog for breakfast.

Relaxing, enjoyable and lonely

I was on my own and I felt lonely even though I attempted to chat to a few members of staff and told them I am traveling on my own

Views from the roof top, interior of the room and public spaces, the atmosphere, comfort

Convenient but not so comfy and quite expensive for what we got.
    • Demi Suite

We booked the Demi Suite - expecting a decent sized room with a king size bed - we ended up getting a very weirdly designed room with a queen bed - very uncomfortable for our first night after 20 hours of traveling. We then asked the hotel to give us a bigger room (over course they had to charge us more, to an already very expensive rate) - they were helpful and accommodating on this matter. The carpet definitely needs changing it feels really dirty and wet all the time. The pool area even could be nice - has quite dirty looking sun beds and the pool water looks murky!

The location was convenient and suited our trips purpose.

Unique

The bar and restaurant were wonderful, the food choices were healthy and delicious. We were not told we would have to pay for parking--that was an expensive surprise.

Great magical place in Hollywood, with bohemian style
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Breakfast was 30 dollars pp. Dlsr cameras are not allowed on the rooftop. You can only take pictures by phone.

It is a beautiful gem in Hollywood, when you arrive, no big entrance but beautiful when you arrive at the rooftop. Great music everywhere, lot of creative guests. Suite has a working fireplace, rooftop has multiple levels in very classy style. Children can only be in the pool till 12 o'clock so it is very quiet and relaxing. One evening was an outside movie (Carrie) with a fireplace and popcorn. It was beautiful.

If you are looking for a small hotel with character and excellent service then this hotel is it!
    • Demi Suite

Lovely unique hotel in an quiet part of LA. The rooftop terrace is lovely and the dining area was very tranquil. Evening meal was very good. Our room was upgraded to a suite!

Cool, comfortable, relaxed and friendly
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

It was quite expensive, and the $42 a night for parking wasn't ideal but nonetheless we would go again.

An excellent hotel experience. The staff were warm, welcoming and helpful (especially Richard on the front desk). Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable with an excellent mini bar and really good free toiletries in the bathroom. There is a very cool vibe throughout and we would definitely revisit.

An amazing boutique hotel experience in WestHo with one of the best rooftop spots in the whole city.

Sun deck was occasionally pretty crowded and service slipped a little then, but staff made a damn good effort to make sure everyone was seen to.

Great staff, amazing rooftop, super nice food (don't sleep on the fried chicken sandwich or smashed advocado) and great vibe in the evenings. Junior suite was a great size and maids kept it in great shape all week.

Very nice stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful would highly recommend a stay here.
    • Demi Suite

The restaurant and bar was very expensive but I guess it is LA. The bathroom smelt a little damp.

Room was great. Massive bed slept very well which helped with the jet lagged. Very chilled roof top and pool. Best time to have a drink on the roof top is 6/7pm in Aug when the sun is setting.

Awful

Staff , Service and attitude, you don't feel on holiday but such in a bad atmosphere... The staff is absolutely a nightmare, very snob, not helpful and every single thing become a problem. I absolutely do not recommend this place. Not a good value for money, the rooftop is the only nice thing, the rooms are dated and the food is not good.

The Rooftop even if it is for adults only

Eccentric adventure in LA

Wifi does not work properly in the rooms ( end of corridor) - small bathrooms - not enough light in the rooms - old windows hence noisy - not the level of comfort you would expect for that price

Rooftop terrace with pool and restaurant - great place to rest - the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is original and joyful - overpriced but wonderful breakfast

Petit Ermitage was a delightful place to stay. We will definitely return.
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

Only the bar//lounge area needs sprucing up. There's a difference between "bohemian" style and downright in need of being refurbished: lumpy threadbare sofa with strings hanging down, ugly and character-less "trunks" for coffee tables; shabby chic crossed over the line and gone to seed. The other areas on the property were much nicer, attractive and comfortably furnished.

The cleanliness, the quiet location, even though close to many attractions, and the style (decor). Comfortable bed and cute little cafe kitchen. Generously sized room.

Gipsy Boutique
    • Executive Suite with Kitchenette

I liked everything.

This was a lovely hotel with a lot of character. There were special activities every day-- like movie night on Monday and a radio broadcast on Tuesday with optional tarot readings for $20. The music selection was eclectic and tasteful. The restaurant is in a rooftop hummingbird garden. The salt water swimming pool was refreshing with comfortable shaded lounge chairs for resting between swims. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well there. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was fun staying there in an excellent location in LA.

Lounge bar at rooftop!

Children not allowed to swim after 12 Pm! Thats very anoying. Only early in the morning. Booking.com should make this remark more visible on their website. Now it was a big dissapointment for our 5 Year old

Lounge bar at rooftop!

Perfect place for our anniversary!

I could not figure out how to turn the air off. They have a remote control and it did not seem to be responding to my requests. However the temperature in the room was not bad.

The bed was amazing! The room was incredible, such attention to detail. We were really happy with the accommodations. We received a corner room with a balcony. Everything was beautiful. Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a little romance.

Small hotel with a cute rooftop; expensive parking
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

The staff in the rooftop bar wasnt very friendly or service-minded. The parking fee 42 dollars/day seemed outrageous to us who traveled down from Napa (5 stops on the way) and did not pay anywhere else this kind of a fee.

The rooftop is great, a great atmosphere and nice pool; good vibes. Also had the opportunity to do complimentary morning yoga on there one morning. The room was very clean and nice. The room had a small balcony yet it did not have any chairs...

Bohemian Boutique
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

Could have done without children thundering along the corridor on the floor above.

Beautiful boutique hotel, lovely rooms and very comfortable beds, grest decor. Staff friendly and efficient. Charming roof terrace restaurant. Expensive but worth it.

I walked into a circus...
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

Perhaps we just got unlucky because I had heard nothing but amazing reviews about this place. The location is fabulous. However, as soon as we walked in I got a weird vibe. Firstly, the ambient scent is overpowering like a strong incense, the decor is not my style and there was weird circus things all over the place. We arrived at 1pm, were told check-in wasn't until 4pm so we opted to wait upstairs by the pool. We didn't get our room until 5pm!!! The pool was small, nice views and the decor i.e. orange and white striped lounges I had seen set-up nicely around the pool (on the website and social media) were all over the place, there was barely any room to sunbake and again, the circus things were everywhere. We got talking to other guests and soon found out that that weekend there was to be a big circus party. Well that made sense. I'm very unsure as to why the front desk wouldn't have told us that or why we wouldn't have received an email or call when we booked as the stay was NOT what we expected. The party was to be an all night party and the pool lounges etc. were not as advertised. There was no space to relax, no chairs, random circus stuff everywhere. I guess it just put a bad taste in my mouth for the lack of information. A plus was that when it came to the night of the party apart from a thousand 'dressed up circus people' waiting for the lift the noise was minimal. Phew!

When it came to the room - we were impressed with how large it was. The bed was beautiful and comfortable. Pillows super soft but what hotel doesn't have soft pillows. The bathroom was spacious and large and we had a great kitchenette. Only downside was that it was very dark and smelled quite damp, musty. I think that I should have just done more research before booking as it is not my style at all but some people might like this look and feel, I prefer more modern and new and clean. I did love that they had Le Labo products in the bathroom though - ha, the small things.

Not Soho House

Low quality building, dark, gloomy rooms, poorly converted into a boutique hotel. Cheap and nasty new furniture made to look vintage. Sound proofing was bad, could hear guests on floor above walking. Staff were surly. Initial sniffy greeting.. To give them credit when we said we wanted to cancel the other three nights which we had prepaid for they credited us back.

Escape in the city
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I would probably have got a smaller suite (one big room rather than the 1BR suite I got) as the living room seemed a little cramped. On the other hand, we had a kitchen.

Awesome salt water pool and deck for lounging. The atmosphere reminded me of a small European hotel. Loved butterfly garden with hummingbirds everywhere. Great breakfast.

Unforgettable stay at Petit Ermitage

I would have liked the option of brighter lighting in the room.

Very quirky and friendly and perfect if you are looking for a slightly more off the wall experience.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Overrated, expensive and in need

Service was terrible Price was not inclusive of room tax which has around 100 per night Room Service left the bedroom open one night after cleaning Staff were trying to rush to check out Very unresponsive to telephone calls from the room, rarely picked up Poor hygiene and housekeeping only came when asked for Food all comes from the basement via the customers lift- extremely unhygienic Only one lift for the whole building which is generally bringing up the food for someone so takes an age to arrive Breakfast overpriced

It was quite centrally located

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Guests are not a priority for this hotel, you can do better in WeHo
    • Demi Suite

The main reason we booked this hotel was the rooftop swimming pool. However, potential clients should know that during our stay (5 nights) the pool was closed for private events twice without notice at the time of booking and with just small signs the same day that we could not see because we were sightseeing in the morning. We found this outrageous and cancelled our last night. Basically they are selling the same service (the pool terrace) twice and this is not acceptable. When we asked management about this, they blamed the event department and offered us a free breakfast as a compensation which we found insulting. LA is a huge city and requires planning, after driving back to the hotel for 2 hours to make the most of the pool and catch a bit of sun in the roof (it can be overcast in the morning) our last day was ruined. Instead of dealing with it the best way possible, they ended up with upset guests leaving, compensating part of the expenses and with a bad review. This could have been avoided had they fix this in the first place. I believe that a fairly small boutique hotel has to offer high quality experiencies for its guests rather that organising big events that saturate the capacity of the facilities and that only fulfils the ego of whoever is in charge of such event. The food is also over rated and very pricey for what it is. Rooms are noisey and decor cute but dated. Uncomfortable bed.

Bohemian bliss.
    • Demi Suite

We stayed on the Memorial Day weekend and the pool and area was packed both days , we never got a seat around the pool either day. Also we had to wait an hour and a half for food, when we complained we were offered a full refund.

Dining outdoors amidst the flowers and humming birds! The entertainment at night was excellent, a jazz and funk group the first night , the second a roof top movie screening.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Highly recommend

The rooms are very dark, it makes it very difficult to do your make up.

The roof top is amazing. An oasis in West Hollywood and plenty of lounges. Great location and really friendly staff. Loved that the complimentary shampoo & conditioner was Lelabo.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Very nice little gem in West Hollywood

The waitingstaff in the restaurant was great, reception staff and hostesses in the restaurants seemed a bit young and insecure, and not too into customer service. I also wanted a taxi as I couldn't use uber temoporarily, waited for 30 minutes, taxi never showed up. Reception staff told me it was on its way. In my view a nice hotel like this should have an agreement with a reliable taxi/transport service.

Breafast was amazing and the rooftop pool is divine! Comfy beds and quiet room.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Charming hotel with friendly staff and a great pool
    • Demi Suite

The room service was not the best, took a long time, and arrived luke warm, though that's pretty common for room service. I think the rooms could use a little updating, though ours was still very comfortable. I wish we had a coffee maker in ours, too.

The pool area is amazing during the day and at night and is a wonderful little oasis from the bustle of the city below. The bed was super comfy, too. Oh, and the shower was great!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The property has an incredible rooftop and restaurant.
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

We arrived late at night due to flight delays. We called the hotel to let them know and the room they placed us in was moldy, damp and in the back of the first floor. It was extremely disappointing. There was only one other room available and they told us we would have to pay for an upgrade to be moved. After complaining to the gm and asking to check out early they upgraded us to a nicer room.

The property has an incredible rooftop and restaurant. The location is amazing and many great restaurants and shops are walking distance from the hotel.

Quirky hotel in nice area.

Very poor lighting in the bathroom and the room. The bathroom definitely needs updating.

Front staff was excellent and very helpful. Large room with comfort beds. Nice restaurant- very good food and ambiance.

My favorite place to stay in Los Angeles!
    • Demi Suite

Just one minor "complaint", is that the bathroom light isn't good enough for ladies wanting to put on make up....and the light in the vanity corner by the closet is even worse for that...But that is really the only thing I can think of.

I love this Boutique Hotel and have been going there for about 10 years now. The rooms are very clean and well equipped with nice bath products, a big selection of snacks and drinks and now even luxury liquor. There's even a little bag of complementary popcorn with a little welcome note upon arriving. The bed is very comfortable, and the decor lovely, cozy and homey. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooftop pool and restaurant with view of Hollywood and surroundings is a huge plus and a very nice place to relax and enjoy. In addition, they organize events, which makes this place always very interesting, even as day guest or restaurant guest.

Rooftop pool area is incredible.
    • Executive Suite

The view from our window in the bedroom looked like a back alley with debris. Should've put up some trees, or something. Didn't like carpet in the bedroom floors. Bathroom needs updating.

Amazing rooftop pool area. The best. Made the whole visit worth it.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Amazing location and pool; service, So-So
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The front desk woke me up in the middle of the night asking if a package had been delivered with no explanation. When I told them I was frustrated, they offered me free breakfast. For $500 per night, being awoken and not being able to sleep is worth more than $26.

Location and the pool.

A jewel south of Sunset Blvd.
    • Demi Suite

The bed and pilows were very comfy. The hotel was quirky and had gorgeous artwork. Very quiet and great location. Wonderful ambience staff was very helpful. A short walk to the Viper Room.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

My favourite LA hideout.

I hate having to pay extra for breakfast and feel this should be included in the room rate. It's a pet hate of mine.

The croissants are the best - EVER! Also the fried chicken sandwich. Rooms are very comfy (the pillows are amazing) and the staff are professional and very friendly, whilst being pretty cool :-))

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Quietly Cool Yet Friendly Boutique Hotel in West Hollywood
    • Executive Suite

Leaving. And L.A. traffic. The sun helps though.

Had one of the best beds and the best shower I can remember in a hotel room. And the rooftop (restaurant & pool) is a great scene - there was even an outdoor movie night (Heathers) on the lower deck one night. The staff is friendly and very relaxed, but service seems effortlessly top-notch. Petit Ermitage has all the style one wants in an L.A. hotel but doesn't try too hard to be hip or cool - which ends up making it pretty cool.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

A private escape in the heart of Los Angeles

The vibe and decor is very unique and comfortable. If you are looking for some privacy this is an excellent place to visit. The garden area for breakfast, lunch and dinner is great and the food is top notch.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

PILLOWS
    • Demi King with Kitchenette

being a night owl i wish bar/restaurant would stay open later.... we foolishly referred to clock in room which was not set right and missed out on dinner had the lobster pho in mind all day - maybe next time!

PILLOWS best pillows dim-able pleasant warm lights great atmosphere super duper rooftop delish menu

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

everything, it was really cute, would stay again and all the...
    • Demi Suite

I got sick so didn't get to take advantage of everything :( but that was not the hotels fault.

everything, it was really cute, would stay again and all the staff were really lovely. They also let you hang out by the pool after check out if you have a late flight out!!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Unless you're a hipster, you may not feel comfortable here!
    • Demi Suite

Caters to hipsters/ poseurs: (EVERYBODY on the roofdeck patio was on their Macbook pros!) Wasn't hip enough to get the attention of the roofdeck drinks waiter even after 30 minutes! - Not really family friendly. Felt slightly gouged with the $45 parking fee.

Clean and comfortable; funky bohemian decor. Nice front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

As close as one can get to perfection!

Nothing could be better

The staff is superb...always cheerful and ready to help. The rooms are great. The meals are delicious. The front desk folks couldn't be better

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Horrible experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The staff, the communication about our room. When we arrived we were told our room was below the bar so it would be noisy since there was an event that night. They said it would be over by 1130 and we could have complimentary access as well as 2 drink tickets. When we finally got back to our room, the party kept going until 130am and it wasnt that it was noisy. The whole room shook and thumped every second. The manager offered 40 dollars off our checkout (mind you a night here was around 500 usd) I definitely did not appreciate the way in which they handled it, and if I knew or was told the truth I would have opted for another hotel. I am still waiting for a reply from the manager as I told her this was unacceptable I would not reccommend this hotel to stay. Great to grab a drink but very outdated decor with minimal lighting

The location and rooftop pool were nice.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Charming and cozy oasis in central West Hollywood
    • Demi Queen with Kitchenette

The food in the restaurant was very disappointing and not very nicely prepared every time we ate up there, the kitchen (staff) could definitely use an energy injection, considering the high prices. The parking is quite expensive at 42 $ a night, might be standard in LA, but something to be considered, as you can't park in the street near the hotel as it is residential's only.

Lovely and cozy atmosphere. Super sweet & welcoming staff, both in reception and in bar/restaurant. Gorgeous roof terrace with a killer view over the city, and a cool restaurant / bar with a great and lively vibe, and they have lots of activities up there, such as live music in the weekends and an outdoor cinema-night on mondays plus other stuff. Very charming. Can warmly recommend as a home-away-from-home as it doesn’t have that generic hotel-feel, is quite uniqely decorated and have beautiful (and real art-works) scattered around. Perfect location if you want to explore West Hollywood with all that it has to offer, Melrose, Beverly Hills, Sunset etc. Would stay again if going to that part of LA.