Reviews of Lefferts Manor 3 stars

Rutland Road and Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA

#4 of 10 B&Bs and Inns in Brooklyn

Based on 204 B&B reviews

Would definitely stay again b/c of the location and quaintness of the BnB
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Took a while for owner to answer several inquiries about securing an early luggage drop off. Had to venture up 3 flights of stairs w/luggage.

Great location. Quiet. Accommodating.

Loved the place - very spacious but felt very homey/cosy.
    • Superior King Room

Nothing, it was a great place to stay.

Loved the place - very spacious but felt very homey/cosy. Strong air conditioning in our room which helped combat the heat & humidity. The owner and housekeeper were both accommodating and friendly. We would stay here again!

The Room Was Clean.

The Sound Of The Steps. Other Than That It Was Great

The Room Was Clean. The Bathroom Was Clean And Although It’s Shared It Was Always Available. Pillows And Bed Was Very Comfortable. I Would Recommend And Stay Again.

Beautiful property.
    • Budget Queen Room

The room I took was small, fine for one person, but pretty hot at night. Air con was very noisy so couldn’t keep it on given it was making the floor vibrate & would have woken other guests!

Beautiful property. Bathrooms are especially nice. Nice communal area with coffee and chilled water. Really sweet place, not far from the subway and the park. Very clean and well run. Would love to come back when I’m next in the city.

Great location!

Great location! 5 min walk from the Subway that connects you to all the main NYC sights! Really comfortable bed and spacious room! Free coffee in the morning, excellent!

Beautiful place in a cool area
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

The interior exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the Rose room which is only 3 min away from the main building, super easy to find, especially with detailed instructions sent us by the manager of the property. The room is spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. There was a kitchen at our disposal and a beautiful bathroom which we shared with another room. The cleaning lady came every morning to keep the space clean and in order. We met the owner of the building. She is super warm and sweet. She lives on the bottom floor and has a cute garden with a huge magnolia tree, which was already in bloom at the time of our visit. The area is calm. Metro is reachable by foot so as the street with lots of bars and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay very much!

I would stay there again and reccommend it to friends.

Everything was fine.

The room was large and provided all of the necessities. The bed was very comfortable as were the linens and pillows. The location was ideal and I enjoyed my stay .

I felt very comfortable and would come back again.

The house is of course an older place so it’s not very sound proof and some of the other tenants were not aware of this which made it a little difficult to find peace in the evening. And when it is fully booked the bathroom is pretty busy in the morning.

I liked the open parlor with the different kinds of coffee and tea. Also the provided water was a great addition.

Loads of space, clean and tidy, good location
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

A bit of update of the property would be nice but that is not an easy job. Please clean the windows and we weren't able to open them.

Loads of space, clean and tidy, good location

We enjoyed our time at Lefferts Manor, comfy beds.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was little personal touch. We never saw anyone who worked there. It’s definitely more like an shared air b&b than a b&b. It was odd, it’s not that I didn’t like it so much as it wasn’t what we expected. Very dusty everywhere, the pictures made it look pretty much immaculate. And the shower was so small.

The beds were comfortable and the location worked for us.

Very satisfied with my choice

Dusty blinds

Terrific location. Lots of nearby restaurants. Good transportation options. Nice walk to park, botanic garden, zoo and museum (as well as my son’s apartment). Osborne room has lovely street view. Very homey for a long stay. Coffee is good. Didn’t get the breakfast but it was beautifully presented. It is an old house and has some maintenance problems but it also has a lot of charm. Mark is very pleasant but not intrusive, easily available by text message.

Because all brownstones look alike, having a larger house...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Terrace - Clermont Avenue and DeKalb Avenue

Because all brownstones look alike, having a larger house number would have made it easier to locate - especially in the dark! We would have liked a small TV.

Great place to stay will be back soon
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing really the rooms are white linen clean neat and tidy everything has its place and yip for me it was great a 5 minute walk to the subway 🚇 which is always good a bit of exercise I will definatly stay here again.

I am from the hotel industry myself so kind of hard to explain but I loved the fact that I was left alone and didn’t feel the Presure on me to have to be nice all the time the very friendly staff of this establishment are super tuned into people’s likes and dislikes and they read me from the outset that I wanted to be left alone which is what they did well done guys 5 ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ for that.

A very quaint place to rest your head.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

What did I like? The bed was soft and warm. The security system was amazing. I felt safe every night. Although very quaint and old school the aesthetics are impeccable with books and refreshments. The owner Mark is very welcoming and informative. If you happen to pass him, he will politely chat with you. Upon entry, there are transportation maps (or for tech savvy people google maps app on your phone will work fine). The Q , R , N subways is best for those who want to visit touristic locations. i would suggest leaving an hour and half early if you have an interview or something important to do. I would advise you to download Uber if you do not like mass public transportation. Although, the subway is far more quicker commute than car. In the bedroom, you will have a welcoming and detailed booklet about the Bed & Breakfast along with neighborhood things to do. I've noticed Brooklyn night life is a bit more relaxed than Manhattan. What didn't I like? The home needs floor renovation as soon as possible. I wanted to stay at the bed and breakfast for the breakfast but after reading the fine print. Breakfast was additional fee. I should have been included if you stay longer than two days I've paid at least $400 for one room and shared bathroom. I've literally paid an outrageous amount of money for a bed, dirty chair, flowers, mirror, and radiator. It's about a 4 minute walk to subway and bus station depending of destination. You will receive several emails long winded emails about bed and breakfast. All information should be delivered immediately when money is processed. It takes about 24-48 hours to process.

Cozy and compact room, clean and ready.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

A shower instead of a bath, drinking water in the room

Cozy and compact room, clean and ready. Clear arrival instructions, simple check in and out. Seems the owner wants the guest to enjoy their stay the most.

Nice decoration
    • Superior King Room

The room had an unpleasant smell that remained throughout the stay There was a lot of noise at night, either from pipes or floorboards or from the street The shared bathroom was very poor. Badly lit, and the dirty shower was also leaking from the shower on the floor directly above.

Nice decoration Clean sheets

Don't stay in the Bradley room
    • Budget Queen Room

We had the Bradley room. I guess it was the "budget" room. I guess we got what we paid for, most uncomfortable bed ever. You can hear everything everyone else is doing or if they are walking around. We had several bites on us after leaving hoping they are mosquito bites.

Beautiful building. Great location. I liked their process to check in and out. There were nice amenities in the lobby area. And it was super close to the train!

Amazing, we will be returing very soon
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We needed extra towels and didnt know where to go or who to ask.

We loved the historic property and the ease and safety of getting in. The room was well stocked and inviting.

It felt like a rooming house rather than a welcoming holiday home.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

House needs work. Window frames especially. There was a hole in the plaster in our room. Furniture very dark, utilitarian or modern Ikea type dark. The house was like the Marie Celeste- deserted of anyone to welcome you.

Local mixed community.People were friendly. We understand this mix is changing with gentrification, a shame.Prospect Pk delightful.House has seen better days but still has originals flooring and bathrooms.

The absence of any personnel at arrival is a little...
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Someone to greet you when you arrive.

The absence of any personnel at arrival is a little off-putting - no warm welcome- but the accommodations were nice and convenient for visiting my son nearby.

We enjoyed our stay very much!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The place needs a good cleaning and could use some updates. Also, a lighter blanket should be provided.

Great location and the breakfast was delicious. The bed was very comfortable and the neighborhood was quiet. The owner was very helpful and answered all of my questions.

Beautiful brownstone house
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This house needs renovation and cleaning. Even smaller fixes would make huge difference! Usually I am not picky as long as it's clean but our room had big hole in the wall painting and really dusty AC/floor. Please wash/renew covers on chairs, these are now dirty white. We weren't aware of caribean J'Ouvert festival. Take ear plugs with you if you stay in this area during festival. One of the houses in the neighbourhood had all-night-parties for 2 nights. They played loud music non-stop in 12 hours and made sleeping impossible.

Beautiful old brownstone house with a lot of character and furniture that matches the atmospere. Tasty hot breakfast. Comfortable bed with clean white linen. Efficient refrigerator in the room. Nice streets with many similar houses, short walk to metro. Some good restaurants & cafes nearby.

Charming hostel in a beautiful street.
    • Budget Queen Room

No space between one bed and the wall in our room (Bradley). Door to hostel hard to open. Lock should be fixed!

Charming hostel in a beautiful street. Easy to reach all parts of New York City from here.

We enjoyed our stay here.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

If you want to get into manhatten it is an easy subway ride but will take around 20 to 30 mins, so bring a book on your outings. It takes even longer to get from the prospect park part of Brooklyn to the williamsburg part of Brooklyn.

Wonderful building on a quiet street very close to the gorgeous prospect park. Coffee machine was always on and a few blocks to the subway.

Tiny room (Bradley room) very expensive.
    • Budget Queen Room

Extortionate price for that sort of room but that's Brooklyn..

Tiny room (Bradley room) very expensive. Place needed work like painting and a some sanding...

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Mediocre at best
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The shower was either really hot or really cold. There was lots of dust behind the beds. The paint was chipping off the walls. The furniture was dated and not what I saw in the photos online.

It was quiet

Good as expected
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

The only negative point of it all is the location, as you need 30 minutes at least to get to Manhattan, and the surroundings of the location when coming back home at night looked a bit dodgy. And the WiFi connection was a bit slow - but nothing remarkable

It was all as we expected. The accomodation is very good to go to NYC for sightseeing. The attention from Mark and his staff, the cleanliness and the comfortability of our bedroom (the Rose Suite) were absolutely great.

BARE BASICS
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

INTERIOR HALLWAYS AND ROOMS NEED PAINTING....

I AM A TRAVEL AGENT. I FELT THE LOCATION WAS SECURE AND CLEAN. NOTHING EXTRA! THE TOILETRIES WERE AS CUTE AS CAN BE (POO-POURRI ). NICE CLEAN BATHROOM. HOWEVER, THE PLACE NEEDS TO BE PAINTED AND SOME BASIC RENOVATIONS ARE NEEDED BASED ON WEAR AND TEAR. A CEILING FAN OR/FAN IN ROOM IS NEEDED ALONG WITH A TELEVISION OR RADIO FOR NEWS.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

This was my sixth time in New York and Lefferts Manor was by...
    • Superior King Room

This was my sixth time in New York and Lefferts Manor was by far the best accomodation I have seen and experienced in this city. Excellent for confort, looks and location. The room was huge for the price and the king bed was amazing. I will definitely be coming back next time I visit New York.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was a mixed bag, not entirely positive nor negative.

Dusty wooden window blinds in bedroom Loud people beside our room, creaking up & down stairs from 2 a.m.-3 a.m. Dangerously hot/leaky shower faucet handle

Good bed/mattress & bed linens

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Out of Manhattan but easy to get there.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The age of the property is showing. Some of the furnishings could do with replacement. Because of their age, some are probably hard to clean thoroughly. The restrooms were usually accessible and always clean but having to use one outside our own room was an occasional hassle, but we knew all along that this was going to be the case. Internet signal was rather weak.

We did not dine at the Manor, so nothing to say there. We wanted to get out into the neighbourhood. We liked the layout of the room and the proximity of the property to a subway line. The sun from the south side of the property was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Overall my stay was extremely pleasant!

Tha bathroom shower need a tad bit of refinishing...

The feeling was ---home away from home! I was extremely pleased and would definitely stay there, again!

Nice..but some small improvement would boost the ratings
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

It would have been nice to have a tv in the room and the breakfast should be included in the rate for the room. Why name it a bed and breakfast if we have to still buy the Breakfast.

Liked the cleanliness of the property and Ease of acces.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

So glad to spent our honeymoon here! :)
    • Budget Queen Room

We liked everything! It was our honeymoon and Im really glad I chose this :)

The host/ owner was very helpful, he even let us stay a couple more hours after the checkout time, because our flight back home was still in the evening. His place was also very nice and bathrooms are clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Quiet, beautiful and comfortable B&B
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, and very quiet road, so you can really rest! Also lots of great restaurants and bars in the area - feels vibrant and not quite as gentrified or sterile as other parts of the city.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Cozy stay at great Brooklyn bed and breakfast

Shower area bit dingy.

The breakfast! Fantastic waking up and walking down to a set table and hot breakfast served right up. Omelet. Bacon. Fresh fruit and OJ!

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

An Experiment that died in a Test Tube
    • Deluxe Queen Room

If you have a car, stay away. On-street parking in residential area meant driving round the block over an hour. Amenities lacking. Light bulbs out. Slow Internet. No TV in rooms. TV in parlor inaccessible. Tiny soap bars. Run down interior with cracking plaster. 36 steps up narrow stairs from lobby to room; another dozen from street to door.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Fantastic location, comfy bed and good Wifi BUT no TV and NOISY!!!
    • Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment - Washington Park and DeKalb Avenue

There was no TV. The listing should specifically state in the text of the listing that there is no TV. Also, there was a GREAT deal of noise from the floor above the apartment. At times, it sounded like they were moving and dropping furniture. (again, my stay was a floor of a brownstone alongside Fort Greene Park)

Fantastic location alongside Fort Greene Park! (my stay was one floor of a brownstone rather than at the main location) Subway was a short walk away. Bed was very comfy and there was a decent wifi signal. The shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the bathroom were a really nice touch.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Big rooms, comfy bed but quite run down
    • Superior King Room

- no receptionist to welcome guests - noisy old building with automatic heating which cant be switched off - shower is either cold or boiling. No in between temperature. - could be nice if building was Well maintained but its quite run down

- big room - comfy bed - Free coffee and tea facilities - only 5 mins walk to underground. - quick response through email. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Clean but worn out , wouldnt recoment it
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location was far from all the sighseeings , we diddnt see any staf , our room key was left There for us in an envelope , the house was very old and worn out , in our room only one of the light fixures worked so at night it was to dark to see/do or plan anything and we diddnt see any staff to report that

The bede were clean,ten minute walk from the subway

Leffert Manor

The AC didnt work

Location was great.

Far from subway.

Far from subway.

Comfortable and great location for us.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Could use some updating and a new coat of paint.

Comfortable and great location for us. A good value for the price. Overall we would recommend.

Beautiful facilities, the claw tubs are a nice touch.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Beautiful facilities, the claw tubs are a nice touch. Mark was very kind, made checking in and out easy. Would stay again!

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend Lefferts
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Terrace - Clermont Avenue and DeKalb Avenue

Location, comfy bed, quiet street, subway access, nicely decorated interior, nice selection of tea

Location, location, location

A bit run down.

Well connected to the city centre.

We'll be back!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Water pressure in bathroom shower too low.

Love having the kitchen available - because we brought back great leftovers from local restaurants! Yum.

The room was very clean, homey and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was very clean, homey and comfortable.

For us it was just perfect :)
    • Budget Queen Room

Good location, we can reach easily everything.

Will definitely stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Water pressure in shower is low but it is an old home

Quiet, clean, well-stocked.

May Return
    • Budget Queen Room

Grest location, very clean, and very quite.

A lovely cosy B&B, great value for money.
    • Budget Queen Room

Great attention to detail throughout. Nice room and the unlimited tea and coffee was great!

Great area, beautiful building, Great Innkeeper

Great area, beautiful building, Great Innkeeper

Great place to stay while in NYC, close to subway
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom, although spacious was cold and hot water slow to come.

Room was comfortable and warm.

overall, ok value
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

low-pressure shower head, fixed-angle.

free coffee, value for money

Staff was great, as was location and overall vibe.
    • Budget Queen Room

Staff was great, as was location and overall vibe. Wonderful place.

A/C did.
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

A/C did. not on arrival it was hot in the room

Great experience, would do it again!
    • Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment - Washington Park and DeKalb Avenue

The parking was a little troublesome, just need a little patience!

Great experience, would do it again!

All in all a satisfying experience.
    • Superior King Room

The pillowcases weren't recently washed, they smelled used. The rugs in the bathroom also smelled.

Comfy bed, lots of Space. Big room.

lovely appartment :D !!!!
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Cosy Bedroom with nice atmosphere ! Location quiet and staff really kind !! Thanks a lot for all !

Excellent hotel something different compared to most hotels. I would come back again and get a room from here.
    • Superior Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Nothing i had love everything

I love how the rooms were clean. How it was set up properly.

5.5
    Very good private an quite I would stay there again
    • Budget Queen Room

The smell could be better it smell old when u enter an the room too bathroom was clean an nice

Great mattress and pillows!

Great mattress and pillows! Room was nice and cool upon our arrival, (important to us during the summer!) NIce selection of tea and coffee.

Beautiful big free standing bath

Loud air conditioning

Beautiful big free standing bath

Peaceful stay

No tv

It was quiet

Excellent place in Fort Greene
    • Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment - Washington Park and DeKalb Avenue

Apartment did not have a television.

The location was great, the apartment spacious, and the staff was beyond excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Not a great place to stay.
    • Superior King Room

The stay was uncomfortable,bathroom toilet not working, shared bathroom, property felt run down.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Great stay. Charming
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Coffee pot not working. Bummer.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Manhattan alternative
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

Close to public transport.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The bed was like a cloud.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Fenimore Street and Bedford Avenue

The bed was like a cloud..and the place very clean..i will always use when i come to New York.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Lovely bed, tasty breakfast, friendly helpful staff, view of...

Those narrow staircases - why didn't the victorians leave space to install elevators later?! Shared bathroom was potentially a problem, but turned out to work just fine.

Lovely bed, tasty breakfast, friendly helpful staff, view of the neighbor's bird feeder in back yards, bustling neighborhood with friendly people. Next to beautiful Prospect Park, where my daughter's wedding venue was!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Didn't like sharing the bathroom.

Didn't like sharing the bathroom. Also, never really met any staff. Lastly, the directions for the adjacent property were given to us as walking directions - but we didn't know that so drove around/stuck on one way streets.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Lefferts has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and the rooms in...

Because there just three rooms to a floor, the shared bathroom was not a problem - until one night around 11 pm when toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom. There was no staff around and I was not able to contact anyone. Another resident and I had to mop up the floor and the bathroom couldn't be used till staff sorted it the next morning. There is another toilet just down the stairs, which guests could use, but the incident was nerve wracking. The shower has also seen better days and the water temperature is hard to control.

Lefferts has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and the rooms in this turn of the century row house are spacious, comfortable and quiet. Public transport and places to eat are within easy reach. It was a good place to stay and chill out after a day at the Brooklyn and Manhattan museums.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2016

Service was excellent.

Nothing to dislike!

Service was excellent. Lack of elevator could be a challenge but staff helped with luggage. Breakfast was a wonderful treat. Very clean and cozy. Will go again. Totally wonderful and different travel experience.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Room and lobby were nicely appointed.

We had requested breakfast but it never appeared. The cook seemed disgruntled when she found out we were waiting for breakfast. The bed in our guest room seemed to have popped a spring or something, was a little uncomfortable.

Room and lobby were nicely appointed. Room was pristinely-clean with clean linens. The bath feature was terrific. We were able to text the owner with questions and got quick responses back.

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.