Reviews of Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills 5 stars

9291 Burton Way, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA 90210, USA

#3 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Although there were many rooms w the balcony and I requested balcony, the room did not have the view I expected. It was very disappointing.

Nice, clean, big rooms with a perfect location.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Amazing hotel, one of the best I have ever been. The rooms (I had a 7th floor suite) were large and had everything you need, the staff, everyone was kind and helpful, the pool, beautiful. Perfect place to stay while in Beverly Hills. The Viceroy sure set my standards a bit higher!

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The staff treat you like a star. Best hotel experience I've ever had. Gorgeous rooms, awesome rooftop pool with breathtaking views of LA. Very close to the best shopping in Beverly Hills. Highly recommend.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The stay was exceptional. No cons.

It is a very nice hotel with beautiful and spacious rooms, convenient location and polite stuff. They can provide you with any services you might need. The restaurant downstairs has a great food. And the waffles at the breakfast were awesome. The swimming pool is not huge but good enough and located at the roof top.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Nortan the other concierge - not sure why he is even in that position as you need to attentive, and go beyond- which he never even showed a glimpse of. Further, He was the total opposite to Christine & could not be bothered - For example When we asked for restaurant recommendations he pulled out a hotel list and began to circle every restaurant as one he would recommend - great help that was! His attitude and general communication with guests is something you would not expect from a hotel that claims to be 5 Star. It seemed and the impression we where left with was that he could not be bothered working and doing that little bit extra to make the guests stay that extra bit special. Rooms are comfortable, but the hotel amenities such as pool is mediocre- don’t be fooled by the photos. Not sure why you would pay top dollar for a hotel that has no food top bar, poor pool, restaurant is below average, on a main road and really no WOW factor.

The concierge Christina was absolutely fabulous and made up for alot of others downfalls. She was excellent and total standout in making our stay as memorable one - she recommended and arranged resaurant bookings and took the extra time in making sure everything was right. Without her I would have heavily criticised the hotel lack of professionalism and living up to the 5 Star standards they portray to be. She is s credit to this hotel and would go beyond what us required to ensure our stay was pleasant.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

I would prefer if there is a Netflix app in the TV and bigger lobby.

Staff, room service and the location. Room was clean. We came for a honeymoon and they sent a greeting card and chocolates. Thanks viceroy team.

The place had the wrong dates for our stay and were very unhelpful with helping us. I asked the front desk girl Erika 4 times to contact booking.com and she did absolutely nothing,but was happy to go ahead and charge us for an extra night when the fault was on their end. So I had to spend part of my stay going back and forth between front desk staff and booking.com to resolve the issue.

Ultra modern, great location

Loved the super comfortable beds, the delicious dinner at the restaurant and the staff who always had a smile and always went out of their way to help. Thanks guys! We’ll be back.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

This is an awesome hotel. Room was extremely spacious , clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing treated all guest with professionalism and always smiling . The feel was personal as the staff addresses you by your name which was so refreshing. Would definitely stay here again and again. Awesome location too

• Viceroy Junior Suite - Accessible

A little late cleaning the room - but just for 1 day out of the 3 nights we stayed

The staff was really helpful - in fact the most helpful staff of any hotel that I have ever stayed in and I have been traveling for over 43 years.

• Viceroy Junior Suite - Accessible

We were not provided with an ADA room on the first night despite having booked an accessible room and submitted a corresponding request (we have not seen any other people in a wheelchair during our stay) The noise from the road The breakfasts were not good (but very expensive) which is very disappointing

The location The concierge who has selected very good restaurants and made corresponding réservations The comfort of the bed

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The property and staff were fabulous. The rooms are huge and extremely comfortable. The rooftop pool is spectacular. We were offered champagne at check-in, which we happily accepted. Lastly, the restaurant is cozy and terrific.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The best of the best hotel! The staff is excellent. Room is like appartments, big, clean, perfect minibar, coffe machine, special box with creams for foot and special accessories for shoes.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The rude person at breakfast who insisted that I needed to come out my shower and settle the breakfast bill that the kids had generated from having breakfast. As if I would have run away without settling my bill, when I am rolling with 3 kids and 7 large suitcases 🙄. The restuarant manager was however apologetic when I complained and promised to sort it out.

The room size was fantastic ! I was pleasantly surprised that our room was about 75 sqm. It’s just been recently renovated so the finished were fabulous. The concierge was very helpful as I had booked airport transfers prior to leaving home and during my connecting flight realized that I had booked the wrong dates. I emailed them and their person was at the airport on the right day. The staff were exceptional at checkin. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

No parking except valet though valet service was pr I also prefer to be opposite to Beverly Center in Sofitel.

very large suite. especially like the flat TV in center of bathroom mirror. exercise center overlooking the hills.

• Studio Double Suite

The room was very large, with a great big bathroom and dressing room. However, it was an attached room and hearing the guest in the adjoining room clearly was not comfortable. Unless a guest requests an adjoining room, they should not be put in one. That was the downside of the visit.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were wonderful.

• Studio Double Suite

I can't think of one thing.

I travel often and I have never received as good of service as I did at Viceroy. The room was great, the amenities are great, the restaurant is great, I could not find anything to complain about other than one elevator was out of order. Stuff happens. I highly reccomend this hotel!

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The toilet wasn't working properly plus the lighting switches off by itself after a few minute and that can happen when you are in the middle of a shower

Size of the room

• Viceroy Junior Suite - Accessible

Walls are paper thin and people next door had us up late and then kids woke us up at 6:00 am. Bed not the best mattress. Water pressure poor. Goes hot and cold as well.

Service is excellent and staff go out of their way to assist.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

the lift wasent working and the concierge didn't do anything we requested to book for 5 restaurants in separate ocations and he didn't even bother to call us back

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

-I'm still waiting for an email about my guest folio which was wrong.I've called the same day when we checked out and everything would be arranged but now 2/3 weeks later still no answer and they did charge me for this amount. Not so classy for a five star hotel. -Breakfast is only a la carte and very expensive, for two persons you pay easily 75 dollar. -

They gave us a free upgrade which was nice. The rooms are very beautiful and clean, housekeeping is doing their very best. The turn down service is excellent with a weather forecast for the day after on your bed. Very hapy with this! The restaurant serves excellent food and the hotel is good for young kids!

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The room was comfortable but without natural light - just a small window with no light at all. We've asked to change the room but the front desk answered no… At the restaurant, the dinner receive a poor "just ok" but, during the meal, the waiter served water in our glass with wine!… Yes, it's true and happened! At the breakfast, we've ordered a continental one and they just served some slices of bread, toasted, and a small fruit plate… Nothing else. Not even butter for the toasts! This is really AMAZING! Yes, i'm being ironic, of course. We've never experienced such a poor breakfast. Not even in very poor countries… Come on guys! Elegant, Fancy and Exclusive is further more than that!

The room was very beautiful, comfortable and clean. The hotel is very elegant and charming.

• Studio Double Suite

Slight key issue during the time we were there, as their system had gone down - not a problem at all, as they let everyone into their rooms and this didn't interfere with our comfort. Also had a wake up call at 8am we didn't request and room service trying to get us out of the room two hours before we were due to leave - which was a little annoying, particularly as we were only there one night. But this did not dampen the stay, the staff were very helpful and the whole visit was lovely.

Only stayed one night, but our suite was beautiful. Extremely comfortable bed, great staff and lovely room service.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

simply superb! all room facilities in excellent condition. we stayed here for five nights during our visit to LA. would have loved to stay longer. felt like home. quiet neighborhood. easy and very affordable public parking garage right around the corner. excellent location for trips to both the coast (Santa Monica, Venice) as well as WeHo, Downtown and Hollywood. Before coming to LA we looked at so many hotels. I would guess you wont find a better deal if you check and track their rates carefully.

Not ideally set up to park exotic cars.

Great location. Short easy and scenic walk to shopping area of Beverly and Rodeo Drive. Rooms are massive, very comfortable, and very luxurious. Love the boutiqueness of the hotel. Staff are warm and helpful.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Whilst the service was impeccable, our friends had emailed the property to arrange some champagne delivered to our room one evening. Unfortunately due to mis-communication we didn't receive this, but they did offer to provide the bottle when we departed.

The rooms were extremely large and spacious with all amenities that one could think of. The rooms were cleaned to an extremely high standard and all staff were incredibly polite. The rooftop / pool area is beautiful and very clean.

The hotel parking was overpriced, it could had been a bit cheaper for hotel guests.

Super comfortable bed, the best. The room was super large and super clean. The location was superb, rodeoe drive was in walking distance. Everything was great.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

1-The breakfast 60 dollar credit. 2- Also the hotel should have more option on there menu after 11 pm.

Did not like the breakfast idea. If breakfast is included there should not be such a 60 dollar limit.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Bellboy workers seem to be not happy at doing their jobs.

Luxury hotel located in the heart of Beverly Hills. Rooms are perfect and big. There were nearly no bad feelings about the hotel, everything was great.

• Premier King Studio Suite

I can't think of any negatives!

My favourite place to stay in LA. The staff are amazing and so polite and helpful. The suites are incredible. Location is perfect.

I wish they had a little general store on premises, like a hotel gift shop to purchase food, drink or toiletries. The pool area closes way too early. I would have loved to go up to the roof top to have a night cap but it closes at 9:00. Room service and parking were expensive- but not atypical of a hotel of this quality.

The hotel is just lovely. The entire staff was gracious, the location excellent, the linens and towels top quality, the view of the hills off our balcony was perfect. They even had a driver to take you to nearby spots either to brunch or Rodeo Drive. Tons of shops on Beverly Drive, too, which is walking distance. Also- and this is huge if you have a local friend visiting- they have ample street parking for free in the evening and even during the day. That is a big plus.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Toilet paper quality . I am surprised about this because this hotel is extremly attentive to detail.

Attention to detail and this was one of the best room I have stayed. Free Car service up to 3 miles also usefull. Receptionist Joel was super helpfull , genuine and always real smile on his face. Very happy with this hotel

• Viceroy Junior Suite - Accessible

There was a mistake on the invoice at the check-out, but it was corrected as we noticed.

Everything was great. Clean and beautiful room, the Nespresso coffee machine in the room was extra nice. The food was also nice at the restaurant.

n/a

The entire hotel staff was amazing, our room was spectacular (seriously) and extra care taken to ensure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. An outstanding job by one and all! PS - the hotel car was so greatly appreciated and the drivers, David and Jeff were so accommodating and polite, and they provided great recommendations and conversation along the way!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

terrible breakfast - very very bad the fridge in the bedroom was very noisy maintenance in the room not fully up to scratch

Great staff, great location, very nice rooms

• Premier King Studio Suite

Be aware that the road can be a little noisy - ear plugs are recommended if you are a light sleeper

Restaurant and bar were excellent - quality of room service food far exceeded expectations, as did the hostess and servers downstairs The suite was very spacious, comfortable and the bathroom really was fantastic. An easy walk down to Rodeo Drive, and with plenty of restaurants nearby it's really a great location to be in.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The small size of sneakers

The best hotel among those we visited in Los Angeles. Located in the most prestigious area of Los Angeles - Baverly Hills. Very clean and stylish room. Friendly helpfull staff solved all requests with speed and incredible hospitality. Large room with a view of the "Hollywood" sign. Green area and so close to Rodeo drive. Zip code 90210.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

I wish the pool and rooftop area where open later in the evening, could be a nice place for sunset drink, or even dinner. A shame to under utilize like that. Breakfast was a bit limited, especially on the juice bar, I really don't like fruit juices with vegetables, haven't bought-in to the detox fashion.. would prefer a good old simple OJ.

The room was amazing! Very well designed, noiseless , even if with a street view and the linen was top quality. The décor was tasteful and sober, functional and practical. I loved the dressing room and bathroom, and the amenities were above average. the mini bar was an actual small refrigerator with decent size, quality choices. TV in the bathroom mirror was a fun detail. The lobby and restaurant area were nice an inviting. The pool and gym, quite inviting and well kept. Do recommend and would come back. the neighborhood is Beverly hills, no need to say more. I did like room service, very efficient. The lights system was also quite cool and very useful, especially to ask fro the room to be made-up.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

This was the best hotel we've ever stayed at! It was immaculately clean, well-furnished, comfortable bed, friendly & helpful staff, and it smelled really good! We'd love to stay there again!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Studio Double Suite

our room was at the back of the building facing a power station of sorts that said it didn't bother me at all as most days I was out and back at night.

the breakfast were really great apart from one day where served a cold fried egg but promptly taken off bill the hotel caters for all travellers and is accommodating in every way the rooms are simply stylish with comfort. The beds are comfortable and cosy. The staff are exceptional and always greet with a smile it is very well located and within easy reach of Cannon Drive and Brighton where its at locally for restaurants and shops. Get the Uber app as it make life easy for the local tourist stuff and its cheap. A really stylish hotel which I wish could be placed everywhere in the world of travel. Simply top class.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Well they give you a $50 voucher to use in the restaurant but it only works for small plates ..(huh) I mean $50 should be for anything.

Staff wonderful ...rooms -amazing. Especially when the sensor light comes on in the middle of the night when you have to use the restroom.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Noisy construction outside woke me up early in the morning No breakfast buffet,you have to pay for every single small piece of food. It would be nice to have a buffet with pastries,fruits,vegetables,cold cuts. Otherwise thats too pricey. Hotel transfer can only drop u off 2-3 miles away from the hotel( Beverly Hills area) Cold sauna

Breakfast was expensive, but very!!! tasty. The best croissants I ve ever tried in my life(even better than in Paris). Dana (concierge) helped me a lot during my stay and made my LA trip unforgettable!!! Superb service! Avec nous restaurant delicious!!!

Nada

Staff was excellent and so solicitous. The doormen constantly went out of their way to help us on our way in and out. The front desk staff helped me check in my second room early since my family was coming in at midnite so they had it fully ready for them. The room desk was perfect for me to work and keep my area Separate from the living space in the room. My girls Loved the bath closet makeup areas. The pool area fun and friendly for both we who were all adult Age and families with kids. Would be fun to have better speakers with fun music out there though.

Food in the restaurant.

The overall ambiance of the hotel. The suite's décor, size, furnishings and layout. Wonderfully comfortable bed. Brilliant location (just round the corner from the work venue I needed to attend). Chief concierge was most helpful, as were all the bell boys.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Studio Double Suite

There was nothing we didn't like, the staff were amazing, the food was excellent, the beds, I want to take it home. All the emrnities, cannot complain about anything .

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The modern decoration of hotel is fantastic, the size of room were perfect 👌🏼, the toilet is suitable for Muslim. The staff were too friendly and helpful in the same time.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

It's a bit far from the shopping area's ,you need a cap to go to other places , or walk a minimum of 15min, nothing is near like a coffee shop or a pharmacy .

The huge rooms

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The bathroom facilities need upgrading, the toilet is a little run down and the shower is very basic for the room we were staying in

Very friendly and helpful staff, we had booked a junior suite and were upgraded to their 1 bedroom suite which made our trip even nicer. The in room dining options were good

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Premier King Studio Suite

The room was wonderful , the dress room unique ( see the photo attached), the furniture brand new and very, very well taste , chic, classic, elegante !! The address is the best of Beverly hills

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

My bags were taken out of my room without me asking anyone to do that ! The manager and staff were very helpful and looked into this matter immediately.

Everything was amazing !!!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The staff were excellent, friendly and knowledgable, especially concierge services. We felt very valued as guests. Our suite was so luxurious with a lot of very thoughtful touches. The decor of the entire hotel was great. The use of the hotel car was a nice extra.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Premier King Studio Suite

Staying at the Viceroy L'Ermitage will always be a memorable highlight of our time on the West Coast!! Our suite, the collective staff, the catering, facilities, and the attention and courtesy of the all we met were beyond compare. Particular thanks to Sean and our waiting staff for their outstanding service. I would absolutely recommend the Viceroy L'Ermitage and its fantastic staff to anyone visiting Beverly Hills! When time and opportunity allow - we will definitely be returning!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

I cant think of anything they did wrong.

The customer service at this place was fabulous. If you want the luxury treatment, you cant go wrong at L'ermitage Beverly Hills. Even the housekeeping staff figured out how we were using the rooms and serviced them accordingly... who does that!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

They turned off the water and air conditioning all night due to "plumbing issues" and didn't offer us a discount or any amenities to make up for it. If I wanted to pay $600 for no air or indoor plumbing, I'd take that money, buy a plane ticket to Costa Rica, and stay in a hut there instead. This isn't how you treat five star hotel guests, simply because they are paying for the best of the best. If you can't provide it, you should let them know ahead of time. Also, much of the outdoor beauty couldn't be seen because the "pavilion" I believe they called it is still under construction. That wasn't a deal breaker by any means, but I was bummed.

The hotel itself is beautiful, with the lighting, the decorations. The bathroom area and balcony were my favorite elements. The staff were kind, and it's thoughtful that they give you a glass of champagne upon entrance.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

We have stayed at the other 5 star hotels in L.A. and this just doesn't measure up. From the approach which is on a main road and can't compare to some of the other luxury hotels with their private approaches. This also affects the rooms if you are unfortunate enough to be facing the street like we were. It is very noisy. That's not 5 star! We won't go back. We will go to one of the other 5 stars that are set back where there is privacy and quiet.

Hotel is centrally located. Rooms are a very nice size with good bathrooms.Use of the Maserati is a great feature but limited to a 2 mile radius.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The Viceroy L'Ermitage in Beverly Hills was just lovely. From arriving to leaving you are welcomed with a smile. The rooms are extremely spacious and the beds are terribly comfortable. The restaurant Avec Nous was wonderful for breakfast and I highly recommend the eggs benedict. The location is nice and is just a short walk to the main Beverly Hills sites.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Studio Double Suite

The staff were amazing, the pool and bar facilities on the roof were fantastic, our room was huge and beds very comfortable. The complimentary house car was a great touch that we used for dinner on 2 nights! The concierge was a great help in getting us into a couple of popular restaurants we wanted to visit. We had a great time and can't wait until our next visit!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

This stay could not be improved in any way. It was perfect.

A very friendly and accommodating staff. Use if the house car to be dropped off at a dinner party near by one night was such a great amenity.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Our room was excellent. The central location of the hotel is great. Ms. Christine Grimm from the concierge desk was very professional and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Premier King Studio Suite

Only negative is that we had to leave!

Rooms are very large and arranged with lots of amenities. Concierge was super helpful in assisting us with our plans. Staff was awesome. Staff was always polite and would assist any way possible. House car was available to drop off and pick up in the area. Food was great. Will stay here next time we are in LA.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Very expensive. No open buffet breakfast , only " a la carte " and it is not included in the fee.

Every thing was perfect, you name it, room service, room size , staff, free internet, checking in and out,coffe machine and location. يوجد شطاف بالحمام

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Not a 5 star rated hotel. It's more like a business hotel. Reservation staff are the worst ever. Can't be compared to Penninsula or Four Seasons.

Concierge desk guys were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

There was nothing that could have been better for us. Everything from the bar to the room itself was great.

The service was outstanding. The staff knew everything we wanted and needed. I look forward to our next visit.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

I felt that for this 5 star/diamond resort, the entrance and lobby lacked curb appeal and reception area was not welcoming. Our room was very updated and clean but dark and somewhat confining, nothing spacious about it. The location is great if rodeo drive is your main spot. Santa Monica was ours so we would most likely try the Viceroy there next time.

Wonderful staff, very nice, clean, renovated rooms. The housekeeping staff were amazing and respectful and attentive to our schedule of entering and leaving our room for cleaning. Joel in reception was above and beyond with his suggestions and courteous attention to our needs. The hotel drivers (David and kiko) were also very very courteous and respectful. The location is great if rodeo drive is your main spot. Santa Monica was ours so we would most likely try the Viceroy there next time.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Studio Double Suite

The fabulous roof top bar and pool was superb but a little lonesome. If you like being in the gym and pool by yourself then this is perfect for privacy.

Fabulous property with top class interior. Very contemporary. A very chic boutique hotel.

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Would have like Tea and coffee making in room.

Nice room, great pool and excellent staff

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Great stay - I was disappointed with the lack of view from the room and the reception offered a room with a view for the next day

Perfect Staff100/100..👌 Very Comfortable Rooms.. 👌

It's very pricey.

Super nice hotel.

Everything was good

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

Rooms are big and comfortable

• Deluxe King Studio Suite

The sheet were not clean

Good hotel

Everything. Attention to detail, great service, little touches to make you feel at home.

We has low floor without view.

All was good.