Reviews of Lodge at Kennebunk 4 stars

95 Alewive Road, Kennebunk, ME 04043, USA

#8 of 12 hotels in Kennebunk

Lovely road trip stopover

The room was very spacious, nice bathroom with easy to operate shower, lovely grounds with BBQ & pool. The whole property was beautifully kept. Helpful staff. Great value for money.

Beautiful room!!

Their was a mistake with the room we had booked so the very nice gentleman at the desk upgraded us to a beautiful suite for no extra charge! It was immaculate and the staff were nice and friendly! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be going back again!

A great deal

For my purpose, nothing.

The place was a standard row motel situated quietly and conveniently near highway. The place was clean and things worked and staff, Charles, was wonderful.

Cozy and comfy
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Only sink was in the little kitchenette. Didn't like brushing my teeth in the kitchen.

Very clean and super comfortable beds. Rooms spacious. Bath towels were so soft! Pretty property. Very obvious that this motel is loved and cared for.

Great location for our event.

Could have used a comfortable chair in room to sit in. Luggage rack would have been nice.

Great location for our event. Only 3 miles away. Very clean. Although next to highway it was surprisingly quiet. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We had a wonderful time in the Kennebunk, Kennebunkport area. The price was just right.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Bathroom didn't have a sink, the sink was located outside the bathroom door in the kitchen area. The bathroom was newly painted but could use some hooks to hang wet towels, bathrobes etc.,

Location, location, location!! So easy to navigate the area. The property was clean, quiet and welcoming. The room was more than adequate for our short visit. The breakfast was perfect, the pool was clean and the atmosphere laid back but safe and comfortable.

Perfect for our one night at a reasonable cost.

Slow draining sink, Shower was meh.

Easy location near 95 and 35. Yet quiet. Parking right in front of room. Good nearby restaurant (Village Tavern). Helpful very available owner/manager. Independently owned. Starbucks within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great stay

The breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was great. COULD NOT beat the price anywhere in the area. This is a locally owned establishment so the exterior, while well maintained and attractive, is that of a 60s roadside motel. Don't let that scare you away. This is a diamond in the rough.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great Stay at a BEAUTIFUL, AFFORDABLE Location!

Nothing, EVERYTHING was PERFECT!

Friendly Staff, made us feel right at home! Kids and I stayed overnight, we enjoyed the pool and playground. Rooms were clean and had everything you needed for a getaway! Quick trip to anything you needed, including beaches!!!

Close to I 95, the room was spacious and clean.

The AC could be a bit colder. But it was ok

Close to I 95, the room was spacious and clean. You park right outside your door. Nice breakfast. Pool was nice.

It was a nice pitstop to stay and sleep while waiting to go to the shops and restaurants during the

WE found a plastic knife with alot of food crumbs in one of the drawers which was gross.There is no way that housekeeping went through and cleaned those drawers.Also the bathroom sink needs alot of updating.It looks like they tried to hide the fact that it was comming away from the wall by putting caulking along the top and it had separated.The hoses under the sink were ugly and the floor under the sink had holes and cracks in the floor. Also, I did not care for the managers sence of humor in the breakfast room, but that is just my opinion.

The bed was very comfortable.The room and bathroom was large because we got a handicapped room.It has a nice rec room and pool area, and plenty of tables and chairs outside.Some of the room was clean

I'd never stay here again!

Desk manager with blond hair, glasses (older guy--I think his name is Mike--was totally rude to me. On line photos makes you think this place is at a harbor--it's not: sits on a road just off a big highway.

Bed was comfy. Cable TV and internet good. Breakfast good.

Another great weekend trip at our favorite lodging in Kennebonk.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Our go-to lodging in the Kennebunk area. Immaculate, comfortable rooms that are well appointed with new AC units, and a refrigerator. The grounds feature a courtyard, outdoor seating, grills and a pool. Can't forget the free breakfast. Great value, and we have always felt genuinely welcomed.

Room was like a mini apartment.

Room was like a mini apartment. Extremely homey feel. Within walking distance of Starbucks. Easy on and off from the main highway. Extremely quiet surroundings.

Facility is adequate but nothing extra.

See above.

A little dated and showing signs of wear. Toilet would not flush in the middle of the night long after staff was gone requiring intervention to raise plunger by guest. Breakfast selection is very limited. Facility is adequate.

It was a great location to use as a home base while...

The exchange of bath towels good have been better.

It was a great location to use as a home base while exploring the area. Great amenities including pool, grills and bikes. Front desk staff was super friendly and or pup was welcomed. Would stay again.

Perfect overnight getaway.

Profanity and drinking from the other guests at the pool. I only visited the pool once as it is not what I wanted my 6 year old around.

The bed was very comfortable, location was perfect.

Busy weekend with very little down time!
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

The beds need to be replaced. The mattress is awful. The chairs at the table were wobbly and it would be nice to have an additional lounge chair to sit in. The chair in our room was old and musty so we chose not to sit on it!

The property has been recently painted and looked great with many beautiful plants. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked well and was fairly quiet. The room has a good size fridge. Breakfast has a nice assortment of basic breakfast food including hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. The shower has plenty of hot water and pressure! Pool looked recently painted but was not filled with water yet. Even though I95 is right behind the property it was very quiet in the room.

Nice location and great deal for the price. We would stay here again!
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Bed was too hard for me. Cleaning ladies knocked on door trying to clean the room even with do not disturb sign up.

Room was great for the price. Person checking us in was very friendly. Within a short drive to down town. Breakfast was included waffles, cereal, coffee, juice and yogurt. Had laundry facility's on the property and bikes to use.

I would recommend this place to my friends and relatieves.

The air conditioner was a little loud (at least for me, as I am a very sensitive sleeper). I would also put a couple of hangers in a closet.

Very clean Motel, great location, EXELLENT manager, good breakfast. I will come back at my first opportunity! Thank you Charley. It was a very nice stay!

Okay for the price.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Beds were soft, carpet had an odor, water temp in shower wasn’t consistent (hot to cold intermittently). However, it is an older lodge and some of that was to be expected.

Location and price. Rooms were clean and nicely painted.

The price is right and it is convenient to the shoreline and the cute town of Kennebunkport.

The staff can work a bit harder to provide a better breakfast. The dining area is very small. An outdoor seating area would be nice. The waffle maker is nice, but some scrambled eggs / more fresh food options would be great.

The bed is super comfortable, and the room is spacious and clean. It is simply furnished, not ultra chic, but everything was working and it met my expectations.

Privately owned small motel.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Privately owned small motel. Charles, the owner, is a super nice guy. The room had a full size refrigerator, and it was like being in a studio apartment. After days of traveling, it was nice to relax. The inn is 15 minutes from Portland, Maine, with easy access to the highway.

Should have gone further north!

We specifically had requested a quiet room as we'd been traveling for 12 hours. Putting guests with two active boys next door was NOT quiet. The bathroom was extremely small with no room on the lavatory for any items! No comfy chair to sit in. We had paid for breakfast with our reservation, because the paperwork said it started at 7 AM. A sign on the door the next morning had breakfast start at 8:15 AM. We couldn't even get a coffee before we had to leave at 8AM for an appt. in South Portland at 8:40 AM. Sadly disappointed...

The bed was comfortable but the sheets didn't fit!

We will stay again!

Not much space in bathroom for our toiletries or to hang our clothes...we worked through it.

We love the coziness, has everything that is needed for exhausted drivers: Helpful staff, comfy bed, very clean room, facility is tidy.

Customer service was the only thing I liked about my stay.

I was put in a smoking room the first night I stayed. The bed was very Lumpy so I didn't get much sleep. The second night they moved me to a different room, which smelled a lot better but the bed was hard as a rock. We didn't have towels. I couldn't get more towels because the office was already closed at 8. For $40 more I would stay over at the Hampton Inn just down the road which is superior to The Lodges stay.

Customer service was the only thing I liked about my stay.

It was nice place to stay for a night or two.

There was another customer screaming outside my door several times about the way I parked my car.It made me feel sick.

They place itself was okay.Mostly nice.The host was pleasant.

Comfortable really liked the room.

There was small problem nothing big but was handled quickly and extremely well. They didn’t act like they were patronizing me. Would definitely stay again. No pool time because there was still snow. To cold.

The staff was great, rooms clean, and great value.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Just wish the 2 beds was the same as the1 king when traveling with our son we need the two beds. It’s the same room and he’s little but have to pay extra for the two beds.

The staff was great, rooms clean, and great value.

over all for the price was good $120.00 for 2 nights was good deal

it was a welfare hotel there were 40 units of witch half had people that were positively living there.they were loud sunday night till about 10:pm. bed was ok a little soft

the location great right off interstate 95 at ex25.the help was great and friendly .lots of hot water room stayed warm all night even though temp was 5or6 degrees F .breakfast good

Only heat was overhead unit in the kitchenette .

Only heat was overhead unit in the kitchenette . Room needed seating other than bed. Breakfast only started at 8 which was not available for us needing an early start

Perfect little motel for traveling in Maine

Took a little while for the room to warm up. But in fairness the outside temp was in the low 20s.

The manager was very friendly. Everything was decorated for Christmas. The room was comfortable and exactly what we needed. We went to Maine to Christmas shop. Breakfast was basic but the conversation was good. Will definitely stay again. Perfect as a launch pad for seeing Maine. Right off the highway. Very quiet no traffic noise.

convenient on our way to the south.

Since the staff left before we arrived and after we left, we couldn't ask them anything and we missed the continental breakfast, included with our stay. Fridge + microwave were disconnected + walls were paper-thin.

Very clean room, comfortable bed. Dogs can stay with us.

Nice-affordable, clean & safe. Stay here.
    • King Bed/ 2 Double Bed Room

Comfortable, clean and secure. Charles is a wonderful host. Breakfast is great, waffles, bagels, eggs, etc. and better than average coffee. Will definitely stay here again. Close to all Christmas Prelude activities.

Stay was overall good. Except for noise level.

I did not expect to be booked in room 1 as I booked early. Very noisey occupant in room behind us.

Excellent stay....would recommend as a five star stay!

There was nothing I didn't like. I couldn't rate breakfast because I left early.

This was an awesome place to stay and I'd come back again.

Lovely place, clean, and good price.

It was Thanksgiving and the manager was not on premises. O.k., understandable. But when we called the number given, they didn't know we had a reservation. When we said Booking.com, then they thought to look. The room was clean, except around the lampshades, it could use a dusting. Cobwebs. The motel takes dogs and, unfortunately, the people next to us or twos room away left their dog alone in the room and it barked constantly until the owners returned. After I returned home and checked our credit card statement, the hotel charged us twice.

Rooms were large and clean. The heating worked well.

We will stay again. The price is worth more than the ocean view I would have paid 4 times more for.

Room cleaning, fresh towels were every other day. Plan your towel usage accordingly. I asked the front desk if I could have an extra towel for my hair and they left two. Very accommodating.

The lodge was just a few miles from Kennebunkport. It is right off the turnpike, but you don't hear the turnpike enough to bother your sleep. We ate at Duffy's(haddock tacos), Allison's(mussels) and All Day Breakfast(pancakes). Yum to all three!!

All in all, a very nice visit. Definitely recommend it.

Vent in bathroom would be nice. Also, a mat inside the room's door would be good in foul weather.

Room was very clean. Bed quite comfortable. Staff (Charles) very friendly.

This is a great value for the money.

This is a great value for the money. Easy to get to from I95. The bed was not as comfy as I'd like, but I have a bad back so I have special needs in that regard. I will definitely stay here again!

Easy access from the highway

This was a 2 star accommodation that is listed as 4 star. No hair dryer in the room and dirt in drawers. Calling an answering service was needed for checkin since they didn't have anyone at the desk when we arrived.

Easy access from the highway

Breakfast was very good, staff quite friendly.

Had to use a portable heater in closet to make room warm enough - regular room heat didn't seem to respond very well. A hair dyer would be appreciated.

Breakfast was very good, staff quite friendly. Bed was firm and comfortable.

You get what you pay for here, but definitely worth the 70 bucks a night
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Staff was apathetic, non-smoking rooms reeked of cigarette smoke with clear burn marks in blankets, free Wi-Fi password was not given out at check-in, and free continental breakfast… Just skip it. However, the place is quiet and really inexpensive and right near 95. Definitely a good value place for an overnight stay. Just remember – you get what you pay for

The place was great. We already decided this is were we will stay next year.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Everything was perfect for the money!

The bed was very comfortable. It was clean, quiet. We had one problem with the sink. We called, maintenance men was there in 7 minutes!!!! We will stay here again!

The Lodge at Kennebunk was an excellent value!

The information binder was empty, looked for info on local restaurants, where ice machine was, hair dryer, etc and there was no information.

The room and bathroom were spacious and the bed was the most comfortable in our 14 day travel.

Cleanest room I have ever stayed in!

Cleanest room I have ever stayed in! The staff was wonderful and they even offered breakfast! Great value if you are looking for a clean place to stay and rest comfortably after a long day of sightseeing.

Perfectly fine place to stay for a day or two if you are in the area.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Even though the rooms say no smoking some rooms smelled of smoke. Small kitchenette with sink but no sink in bathroom.

Convenient to wedding location at a reasonable price

Nice place. I shall return!

My fault. My back is terrible. Bed was soft. Very soft. I couldn't get up in the morning I was in so much pain. But again that's all me. Not them. I sleep on a hard mattress because of my terrible back. I am sure anyone else would absolutely adore the extremely comfortable bed. It was comfortable just very hard to move.

Everything was wonderful. Staff was extremely friendly. Room was great.

We were traveling with a large group, so we had a great time meeting up with all and having coffee!
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Having to brush teeth in the kitchenette

I have diabetes and most continental breakfasts do not offer enough protein but I was delighted with a hard boiled egg and yogurt!

It was ok. Wasn't expensive.

The bed was uncomfortable. There was no counter space in the bathroom. They should have grab bars in the shower. The room was kinda dark. Couldn't get coffee tlll 7:30.

It was nice to have coffee and breakfast in the morning. It was close to kennebunk and our friends.

Absolutely trash. 0/10
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Everything. Put dated by about 40 years. Paintings were all chipped and ripping, mini fridge did not work ( bye $30 seafood left overs) beds were not clean (1 had blood stains on sheets) all drawers and cabinets had dead bugs,maggots not very clean or sanitary. Shower leaked, not enough towels for 2 people, no included blow dryer,ice bucket, nothing like a standard motel/hotel.

Easy parking

This is an older motel that has been well maintained.

The only minor negative was that the woman at the desk was unable to provide directions to a well known local landmark. Thankfully my phone was able to provide the necessary information.

This is an older motel that has been well maintained. Our room (#7) had a nice hardwood floor, windows on the front/back of the unit, a comfortable bed, a nice desk, and the bathroom was neat/clean. The breakfast room behind the office was cozy, well stocked, and now includes a waffle iron that was very popular. We spoke with several people at breakfast, about 1/3 of which were return guests who spoke highly of the facility and were happy to see the new waffle iron. We didn't make use of the other amenities because we only stayed one night. We will definitely be back.

Best deal in the area

Temperature was 90 degrees and Pool was realy cold, impossible to swim Breakfast starts only at 8am

Excellent value for the area, central location, easy access, clean, staff Good place for motocyclists

night clerk steered us to a fabulous restaurant where we had...
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

no sink in bathroom... sink was in the kitchen area only

night clerk steered us to a fabulous restaurant where we had one of the best meals on our trip. Morning clerk entertained us while we ate breakfast with humerus true life stories.

Very helpful staff.

The Lodge is very close to a busy road which meant that when we wanted to sit outside in the sunshine it was rather noisy in the late afternoon.

Very helpful staff. Adequate breakfast.

Great value, clean and comfortable.

The only drawback is the location: you can't feasibly walk to Kennebunkport; it's about a 10 minute or less drive. That means you'll have to pay for parking, and getting a spot can be a bit of a waiting game.

The staff is hardworking and obviously cares about the property and the guests. The room was simple but clean and comfortable; we could control our own temperature with a small window air conditioner. There is a pool and they provide towels; there's an area to BBQ if you wanted to, and they have a beach pass you can use for free if you ask. The continental breakfast was fine: bagels, muffins, self-serve waffle maker, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. The only down-side is that you have to drive to get anywhere; it's almost 10 minutes to Kennebunkport from the Lodge. It does have easy access to the highway, but not so close that you hear it. We were pleasantly surprised by this place and agreed we would stay there again.

It is a good price, especially in lieu of camping for the night. I liked the location near

The staff very helpful and pleasant. Our King room bed was quite comfortable. The breakfast is quite adequate, with choices like most hotels...waffles,hard boiled eggs,yogurts,bagels, cereal, etc.

Besides the smell in the room we had a pleasant short notice trip.

There was a distinct smell of wet dog in the room that seemed to be covered up with heavy perfumed cleaning clorox or something. Opening the windows helped some but one of us has bad asthma and did affect them.

The TV had some premium channels which was nice.

Breakfast was simple and delicious.

Breakfast was simple and delicious. The lodge is an old style single story structure. We only stayed 1 night as we were heading further north but would definitely stay here again. Very clean and comfortable.

Enjoyed our stay. Would book again!

Breakfast was good. Make your own waffles are always a plus for Me! Bed very comfy and room very nice and clean. Gentleman that was working morning we left should be a comedian. He has missed his calling. Made breakfast a standup comedy I would gladly pay to see!!

Very enjoyable with a lot of amenities including breakfast.

Coffee/tea maker in room even though there was breakfast.

Room was large and clean with comfortable bed and chair. Had microwave, and refrig. but no coffee maker. Breakfast was included with yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, oatmeal,etc. Nice pool area. A little too far from Rt. 1 Wells and Kennebunk Beach area, but right next to toll road. Gas grills and picnic tables on nice grass area back by pool. Manager helpful and friendly.

A very pleasant stay at a budget price.

New low noise air conditioners should be considered when updating.

We were very pleased with the Lodge at Kennebunk. It is an excellent location, close to Kennebunkport, Kennebunk beaches, Ogunquit, Wells. The room was very clean, the extended continental breakfast very good. The breakfast room was small, but seemed to handle this high season. the queen sized bed was very comfortable. the only one drawback (which did not bother us) was the window air conditioner was noisy. We opened windows which worked out fine for our near the street room. Since this is very close to the highway The rooms in the back would pick up the heavy traffic sound of the highway though.

Overall, great value for your money and clean.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

No internet the first night, had to access it via another room the next day. Bathroom very tiny and had to brush teeth in kitchen sink.

Clean room that was available prior to check-in time. Near the highway, which was only a problem at the pool (could hear the steady traffic outside). Inside the room, however, all was quiet. The refrigerator did not work initially, turned out it was the outlet. Overall, great value and would return.

Comfortable bed, Clean room, quiet.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

Large room with kitchen, but fridge and micro located near outside door away from kitchen sink and counter. No bathroom sink so had to use kitchen sink!

Affordable and convenient to 95 and downtown kennebunk.

The pillows were very hard and not comfortable. The beds in the unit we were moved to needed upgrading. The lodge was worth the money based on the area. It allowed for an affordable stop. It was clean and breakfast was good. Get to breakfast early the bacon goes fast!

We had a problem with our original room after returning from dinner and although late, the on property innkeeper came to our room validated the problem and moved us quickly.

Neat, clean, convenient and comfortable stay. Would use again.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

A little further away from the beach than we realized, but still only a 10 min. drive. Easy highway access.

Rooms and property were very clean and well kept. Staff super friendly and free breakfast was well above average. Clean, well maintained pool. The kitchenette was a great bonus.

Well worth the short drive from Ougonquit

Everything was beyond expectations

The hotel helped with my late checkin time and early check out time. Everything was ready for us. I would stay ere again!

We loved it; will be back; and will share this with others.

Maybe chairs outside the room to sit in.

The towels were so soft. Cleanliness was exceptional. Staff were wonderful. Free beach passes were icing on the cake. Great to have free breakfast. Bed very comfortable.

BEST PLACE EVER!!!
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

There was not a single thing that we did not LOVE about this place!!!

This place was one of the BEST that we have stayed on this long trip!! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! The desk guy was hilarious and so personable and friendly!! Our room was SO COMFORTABLE and SO CLEAN!! Wish I had known how GREAT this place was going to be and I would have booked more nights there!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

I would stay here again. comfortable accommodations for the cost.

I was not dissatisfied with anything. it was perfect for a one night stop and great value for our cost.

It was nice to take a swim in the pool after a long drive and nice little breakfast before we continued our journey to Bar Harbor.

the property was clean and comfortable.
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

We didn't like the fact that that the only sink was in the kitchenette area. so after using the bathroom, we had to wash our hands in the kitchen sink. it just seemed a bit unsanitary. Since we were there only for the one night, it was ok, but if we were staying longer and had maybe a glass or dish in the sink and then has to wash our hands, I don't think that is good. in addition, the breakfast area was very small and so crowded we didn't bother staying. so I don't know about the food.

the property was clean and comfortable. My husband and I just stayed for one night. the room was nice and there was a kitchenette which was a little bonus that we weren't aware of. I can see that people would stay for longer with that option

The location was perfect for my sister and I as we had...
    • Non Smoking 2 Queen Bed Room

The location was perfect for my sister and I as we had friends nearby who drove us all over. The breakfast was ample and well organised. We enjoyed our stay.

Great value, easy parking, fast Wifi, large desk.

Girlfriend thought the sink was small, nothing else we can remember. Classic Maine motel, just keep your expectations realistic.

Friendly Owner, convenient location for travelers, large desk, nice to have free wifi + free breakfast, easy parking for large SUV. Clean!!

All said, I would certainly visit again.

The weather was very humid and the air conditioner in the room was lacking. Also, it would be helpful to have air conditioning in the bathroom, or at least some venting.

The Staff was tremendous. The General Manager was definitely pleasant, helpful and had a wonderful demeanor, very funny and a great conversationalist. The grounds were pleasant (lovely flowers and plants) and the pool was spacious.

Good motel for a night

Noise from motorway. Could someone explain why this common motel is displayed with 4* on Booking. Quite misleading. Booking, please correct!!!

Friendly staff Conveniently located near motorway Rooms redone with a personality!