Reviews of Econo Lodge Forest Park Atlanta Airport 2 stars

5.2

6.1

Just DON'T!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Male staff used a key to barge into the room - 2 females. When I complained to the front desk, they tried to blame me, making false accusations. Flat out lying.

Is was easy access off the interstate.

Avoid at all costs worst ever
    • Non-Smoking Three Full Size Beds Room

Avoid at all costs. This hotel is very run down and dirty. The cleaners are making no effort and it is questionable if they change bedding. Wouldn’t let us cancel after seeing state of room. The aircon didn’t work nor the remote for the tv. Carpet stained. Holes in walls. Need I say more. Look elsewhere now.

Terribly disappointing.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Fire alarm missing from room. Microwave was in pieces. No shampoo in room. No coffee pot in room. Person ahead of me at desk paid 60 dollars for a room I paid 75 dollars for. Will never use this booking site again.

Overall ok, beds comfortable, breakfast ok
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Room dusty, toilet, counter, tub not clean. Went to purchase my own products to clean. Wi-Fi did not work.

Beds were comfortable, No noise other than cars on highway

I will choose this hotal again when I come back to Atlanta next time.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

I don't complain anything because the price was good. The breakfast would be better if you could add bacon and eggs. The hot water was not hot anymore. It needed to be refilled. My sleep was easily distracted by the noise from outside. But, again, I was totally satisfied with my experience there because of the friendly staffs and convenient location with its reasonable price.

The location was perfect. The staffs including room service persons were very friendly. The price was reasonable. It had a nice king-sized bed.

Poor, poor, poor!! Never again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom. The tub was rusted. In order to close the bathroom door, one needed to raise the toilet seat....it was that cramped. There were two small, thin towels and wash clothes. One teeny, tiny bar of soap. The entire place looked worn and grimy.

The bed was comfortable

Not happy, will not stay at another
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Read above....typed in wrong spot.....not a good experience

The page says you will pay at check in, when we arrived at 8pm, they had already billed my card. If i could have paid cash, like I was expecting to do, i would have demanded our money back and looked elsewhere for a room. Very loud, patrons right outside our door, sounded like they were coming thur the door to our room. The noise went on all night. For the most part it was clean, I did however find a black hair in the shower, as i was getting out...yuck! Rooms are very out dated, paint on walls and doors chipped and faded, TV reception very staticy. Also there was a gap around the door, we could see daylight. Will NOT stay at another

Enjoyed my stay and will return because of the cleanliness and friendly staff
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The headboard of the bed fell off the wall with the slightest touch, and the bed sheets weren’t the right size, but the room was great for the value.

The room was nice and spacious, plus the staff was very helpful

This is a cheaper option when flights are cancelled, and you get what you pay for.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

I'm not completely convinced that the room was totally clean. Also, there aren't a lot of food options around if you don't have a car and don't want to take an Uber/Lyft.

After two flight cancellations and a long trip I was grateful to find this adequate room at a fair $
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Peeling paint, heat had been turned off in the room and the temperature outside was in the teens. Needed to be vacuumed around edges of the room.

When the room was really cold, the staff responded quickly to bring a space heater to warm it up more quickly.

Was stranded for the night.
    • Non-Smoking Three Full Size Beds Room

Was stranded for the night. They were very nice and I had a warm bed after quite a long day . They made sure I had a ride to the airport the next morning

Couldn't wait to get out of there.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No glasses in the room Not what the ad said. not what the picture looked like. Not the price I was quoted Dirty everything in room. Staff no help at all

A hot mess.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

When i first got there my room wasnt ready (which i reserved a king single non smoking). They always told me if i would like to settle for a double full size instead and want to charge me an ADDITIONAL $20 for a early check in on top of that. Not only it says its an “airport hotel” they do not have a shuttle bus to take you to and from the airport which was mind boggling to me. I had to get in a taxi or take an uber back just to reach local transportation at the airport. The room itself was horrific. Filthy filthy filthy!!! I have to change rooms twice because one still had a smoke smell when i specifically asked for non smoking (apparently they cant hear well either) and one was so dirty that they had stains on the conforter, still specs of trash underneath the bed and when something told me to check behind where the headboard was, sure enough it had trash there as well. FIRE YOUR HOUSE KEEPERS. I feel they just hired regular people from off the streets because the professionalism was absolutely poor and im not exaggerating it at all. Iron board cover was ripped and coming off the frame that also had stains, one of my article of clothing got damaged from the iron because the steam from iron when i pressed had dirt coming out as if no one has been using this in YEARS. the bathroom shower was clogged, the mini fridge and freezer was dirty and the freezer part had something that look like it was mold. The room had bad lighting still feels dark(invest in some energy star light bulbs immediately!) the TV ughh..outdated! I brought my PS4 for the 4 days i was there just sonething to keep me busy on my downtime, but the darn television didnt even have a HDMI port to the tv! Like HOW!? Get with the program..LITERALLY! The complimentary breakfast needs an improvement. Everyday all they served was waffles, bagels/bread and muffins (all carbs!!... wheres the protein!? No eggs no bacon/sauguage. All youre eating is just...BREAD!

All like about what they had was free wifi.

Good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was there hot water in the shower? I had no time and did not understand how to switch to hot water. Just used lukewarm.

Large room, friendly receptionist Ibrahim and cheap price.

Over all stay was ok.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The air wasn't real cold so room wasn't very cool, found dirt in the ice bucket, found a hair on the sheets , bottom of the toilet had urine on it , hair in the tub, floor was dirty in bathroom ,counter top around sink area dirty small pieces of hair, found a top on the floor beside the bed, room had a soiled smell to it.

Front desk guy was very friendly he checked to see where exactly my room was before me going to it very positive attitude.

Easy access to Atlanta airport.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room deodorant was overwhelming. Room's overall cleanliness somewhat dubious, but sheets, towels, and bathroom were impeccable.

Easy access to Atlanta airport. Safe location for travelers in need of last minute accommodation.

Nice clean safe low budget option for a quick stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was mediocre at best. Just cereal and bagels really. Waffle mix was not blended right so didn't come out.

Classic economy lodge. It was old and spartan but it was clean and well run and safe and the beds were comfy and everything worked. compared to other budget options in the area this was a nice pleasant stay. We had looked at another hotel down the road for the same price and walked out. This place was a great low budget option for the one night we needed for an early flight.

Ran fown over priced
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We went online and found the hotel. Price was different than what we were charged. We told the desk the price was different and and he said was no, these are the current prices. The place was dirty and ran down. Maintenance needs done mold needs removed

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

It was great!
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The morning staff could have had better attitudes. The girl at the front desk had a real attitude. Didn't ask how was my stay nothing. SHE SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ME PRIOR TO CHECKING IN OR OUT. SIGN EVEN ASK IF I WANTED A RECEIPT. I HAD TO ASK FOR IT! BUT OVERALL GREAT STAY!

The bed was amazingly comfortable. I wanted to take it with me back home.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

If you have no choice
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was shabby carpet dirty with questionable activity on the property. I was more concerned that somebody might steal my car..

The beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

A fair value for the money.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was often absent from the office. The ad said 'breakfast' but it was a limited, continental breakfast. The heating/cooling unit was very loud, limiting my ability to sleep. Room sound insulation was poor so street traffic could constantly be heard.

The location was close to the airport where I had to return a car. There were many bathroom amenities on the vanity, such as a toothbrush and flossing devices.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Pretty awesome stay
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The night staff and early morning staff was not welcoming at all. Just took my money gave me my key and that was it

The king bed was so comfortable. Everything was nice and clean.

Pets are welcome but you have to pay 15 dollars per night...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pets are welcome but you have to pay 15 dollars per night and this is very much just for sleeping because the rooms are very old and sometimes damaged, the result was she slept in the car after a call with her boss. The next point was I paid with credit and the staff wanted my PIN and I said it is a secret number and I don't give you my PIN but she couldn't give me the machine because she was fixed than I said I can come in and put the PIN in the machine but she said it isn't allowed to come in. This was me clear but I couldn't give her my PIN so she called her boss again and asked if I can come in for the PIN. It wasn't a problem for him. I had never had just a check in.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Breakfast was rather nice, keeping account with the price of...
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Free shuttle service for the 10 of us from the Airport to the hotel? Nope, driver sick, good luck getting to the hotel. We got another shuttle and had to pay 50 US dollar. Pitty! Peple working there act like smiling is a very difficult thing to do...

Breakfast was rather nice, keeping account with the price of the accomodation

needs a remodel badly.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

very rundown, staff were not friendly. old stained up couch, no closet antique dirty remote. the door was so ill fit you could see outside and traffic blaring in.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Decent motel not very helpful staff
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The staff would not allow me to use my husbands credit card because he was not with me.it was very inconvenient for me to have to use my debit card, spent all my trips spending money.

Inexpensive Clean

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Not as advertised!
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Dirty Room, had been smoked in (was non smoking) mold in shower and toilet. Stains in bed covers, hair on counter tops, kept shoes on for fear of bacteria. Did not rest well. Noisy area near airport.

Leaving in the morning.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Choice Hotel?
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This property is one of the "CHOICE HOTELS", so it says. Unfortunately, you have NO choice when it comes to clean sheets or cleanliness in general for that matter! There were FRENCH FRIES IN THE BEDS!!! and when we complained, the sheets went unchanged! So we stripped the beds and our room was ignored! and the sheets (clean or otherwise) and clean towels were not provided and our room went uncleaned!!! Noisy with partying into the wee hours! Your BEST CHOICE IS TO KEEP ON DRIVING!!!

absolutely NOTHING!!!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Never again, total rip off.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

On the side of a busy highway with nothing close by (there is a subway across the highway), it was extremely loud all night. The building exterior and lobby is dirty, neglected and run down with beer and soda cans all over the parking lot and the upper hallways leading to the rooms....this was still better than the room itself. Greasy carpet, overwhelming air freshener scent to cover up the moldy smell, the bed visibly sank in the middle even before I touched it. There is no elevator so I had to drag a 50lb suitcase up two flights of stairs (and of course back down). The floors are wooden so you hear everything from the room above you, you hear your own footsteps in the room and the floor was soft in some spots and felt like they could cave in. The cleanliness of the towels and sheets was in question as well, the overly soft bed felt like it was about to fall apart; combined with the highway traffic sleep was impossible. The mediocre attempt at a continental breakfast doesn't compensate for the disgusting condition of the motel itself. If I had paid $30 for this I would have grit my teeth and dealt with it, but at $75 a night this place is a complete rip off.

The water was hot, the a/c was cold. There was nothing else to like.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Nothing Stayed there found bed bugs in the bed reported to...
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Nothing Stayed there found bed bugs in the bed reported to the front desk they told me I would have to talk to the management the next day I flew home the same day I called up there to talk to the management the next day they told me that there was no bed bugs and they will check it out soon as the other people exited the room they rebooked the room out the staff took pictures of the bugs they basically accused me of bringing them myself don't stay there it was horrible management is horrible not a good place to stay spend a little more money and go stay somewhere credible didn't offer me anything to compensate my stay

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

it sucked
    • Double Room - Smoking

I didn't like anything the home hotel experience was bad

They did not clean my bedroom for 3 days I talked to him about it they didn't do anything to comfort me the worst hotel ever been in my life I got reimbursed for nothing I didn't have any new tires there was no toilet paper I had to use the kleenex from the kleenex box and when I called them the one still delivered Any

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Decent, But I've had better
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

My linen wasn't clean,there was dried blood on the toliet , the bath linen had stains. The water was brown. My trash wasn't taken out nor were the floors swept. I had to buy Benadryl because my kids and I broke out in hives I spoke to a employee about it on my way out the next morning and came back to my room being the same on only my first stay. Didn't complain again because money was tight due to circumstances.

The quietness

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Perfect and affordable
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how the room had very low water pressure.

I love how quiet the location was and how close the turner field was from this hotel. My boyfriend and I and two other friends wanted a nice hotel close to the stadium and this was the perfect hotel. I loved how the rooms had a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

You get what you pay for. Room was adequate, generally clean, but needs massive renovation
    • Non-Smoking Handicap Accessible King Room

Bathroom sink was cracked, shower only distributed lukewarm(at best) water. Parking lot was littered,and asphalt cracked.

Location was convenient to airport and Southeast Atlanta

Be back

Everthing

Great staff!!

Nothing at all.

Horrible front desk staff that was super rude

Nothing at all. It was terrible.

booking .com don't answer phone calls

Sucked! Ew. Nasty!

Everything.

No eggs no meat just waffles and ceral
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

My room not clean. My shower current was mildewed spider webs in top of shower and in cabinets room 230

No eggs no meat just waffles and ceral

Absolutely nothing.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Everything. Room was disgusting has bugs no hot water. No cable.

Absolutely nothing. Waste of money

Staff were nice but property is not in good condition. We would not stay here again.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Very dated; not the cleanest. very poor for the cost.

They accept pets

Management is so rude made me pay to retrieve my bag that was left in the room
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The manager made me pay to get a bag I left in the room he was very rude and I had my two daughters (5,10months) with me

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy area. Further from airport than I was initially led to believe. No airport shuttle. I would not stay there again.

Easy to reserve, friendly staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms smelt musky, should be refreshened daily, whether someone stays or not

Easy to reserve, friendly staff

Very unhappy at the brand standard
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The rude behavior of the manager

Proximity to airport as i was boarding a flight at 2pm

Everythinhg

Everythinhg

It was clean
    • Non-Smoking Handicap Accessible King Room

No shuttle when they state that there is, false advertising.

It was clean

Snowing and got a room
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The breakfast was very scarce, and the coffee was weak

The beds

The beds

nice room great view

all ok

breakfast great last minute pick was good

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Mold on ceiling above shower, horrible smell in room, dirty towels, mold in tub, ceiling looked like it was going to cave in, dirty floors

Poor
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything the wrong with nasty they were not clean the beds was uncomfortable they sunk in

Would I stay here again? No, no I would not.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Poor cleanliness. Smoke detector missing. Obvious drug use.

Cheap prices. Friendly staff. Location.

Good price - quality, helpful staff

Good price - quality, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

A place. Never to rent
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was nasty and dirty.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The comfortable beds

The comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The stays was perfect

The bed was so so so so comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Not bad
    • Double Room - Smoking

Great service... front desk gentleman was excellent and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

good room for the money.

room stunk like urine.

comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

It was excellent
    • Double Room - Smoking

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The beds are big and soft.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It was nice
    • Double Room - Smoking

The staff really helped me out

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Room smell humidity
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Room smell humidity Lights doesnt work The carpet close to bathrioom was wet Breakfast poor

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Fine for a one night layover.
    • Non-Smoking Handicap Accessible King Room

Liked the place did not have any problems.

Bed was fine , Did not have breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Dong stay here
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The rooms were dirty and the bed I slept in caused bacteria to get in eye and cause a stye

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Price was ok

Area and cleanliness

Price was ok

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Not worth the money
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The bed was horrible, the middle was sunk in, I did not sleep much at all. The room was not very clean either.

The clerk was very nice and helpful.

old and out dated;
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

old and out dated; pluse staff wasn't very friendly. The room smelled of heavy scented odor. There was mold on bathroom ceiling.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Very clean and comfortable, good value.

Didn't like 15 extra bucks for pet to stay

Very clean and comfortable, good value.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Okay. Could be better...
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

No laundry room. Not close to any entertainment.

Staff. Really helpful and knowledgeable.